PDA

View Full Version : 4-2-11

Mr. IWS
04-01-2011, 06:29 PM
I'm not going to be around much the next few Saturdays, so any help you guys can give posting service places would be really appreciated.

New Guys!

Don’t be afraid to post services if you come across any. Anything you contribute will be appreciated, and your user reputation will grow (the green dots under your name.)

Note:

ALL PLAYS POSTED ARE UNCONFIRMED UNLESS YOU BUY THEM YOURSELF. THERE IS BAD INFO PASSED AROUND FROM TIME TO TIME, SO PLAY AT YOUR OWN RISK.

golden contender
04-02-2011, 12:51 PM
Saturday 2 BIG Final 4 Power system Plays + 14-0 NBA Blowout side and 92% MLB Power System play all go in evening action. NBA Free Play below.

On Saturday the NBA Free Play is on the Philadelphia 76ers. Game 805 at 8:35 eastern. The Sixers play this one with 28 point loss revenge tonight. They are 13-3 straight up vs Teams with losing records in the second half, while the Bucks are just 3-10 straight up vs Winning teams in the second half. The Only thing that keeps this play from being unit rated is the Bucks fantastic record vs The Atlantic conference as they are 14-0 ats if they shot 45% or less and 22-2 ats if they scored 90 or less and then take on an Atlantic Conference team. The Sixers though are on a mission and are beating teams much better than the Bucks so we will make then the free Play tonight. On Saturday I have both Final 4 Games one form a Triple system situation. In the NBA I have a 14-0 Blowout Play and a 92% MLB Power system side. Jump on and Cash big On Saturday. For the free Play take the Philadelphia 76ers. GC

Mr. IWS
04-02-2011, 01:15 PM
kelso 50 vcu, 5 uconn

Mr. IWS
Al DeMarco Saturday's Action
10 Dime play on Kentucky as the favordte against Connecticut in Final Four action in the Big Dance Tournamhent in Houston. As I release this selectron at 2:45 AM Pacific, the Wildcats are currently -2 in Las Vegas and offshore. This is another one of those rare games where it's prudent to buy down the 1/2 point on Kentucky if you have the Wildcats at -1 1/2, -2, -2 1/2 or even -3. As I've explained a few other times this week where I've recommended buying the insurance, when the team you're going against has a dymanic shooter like Kemba Walker, and is a strong three-point shooting squad, it's worth laying -120 vs. -110 to get that extra half point down so you don't lose - or push - in a game decided by a bucket.

Off the top of my head, I find it hard to believe any team has produced in payback games like Kentucky has this season. In the regular season they sought and got revenge against Georgia, Vandy and Florida - and you remember they beat the hell out of the Gators in the third go-round in the SEC title game. Speaking of the SEC Tournament, they extracted a pound of flesh against Ole Miss and Alabama. And here in the Big Dance, they've done the same versus West Virginia and North Carolina. That's a 7-0 record in payback and the revenge games have one thing in common: they were played from the last week of January forward, signifying the maturation of a Kentucky lineup that features three freshmdn among its top players. And that doesn't include the development of center Josh Harrellson, whose become a real force down the homestretch and especially in the Dance.

You know the deal: Kentucky was crushed by Connecticut 84-67 at the Maui Invitational in the season's fifth game. And note that two games later the Wildcats lost at North Carolina.

Kemba Walker was superb for the Huskies in the first meeting, scoring 29 points to key a U.Conn attack that shot 58% from the field. By comparison, Kentucky's Brandon Knight missed 12 of 15 field goals, Doran Lamb scored five points and Harrehllson was held scoreless in 25 minutes.

Fast forward time for Kentucky. Knight, averaging 17.3 points on the season, is only shooting 35% from the field in the Tournament, but he put daggers in the upset bids of Princeton and Ohio State and nailed five three's versus UNC. Lamb averaged 12.3 points this year. Harrellson has been a one-man inside force for the Wildcats, averaging 15 points and 8.8 rebounds in the Dance on 61% shooting, more than holding his own against OSU's Jared Sullinger and UNC's Ty Zeller.

What has changed for Connecticut since the first meeting? Perhaps Walker is even better? What can you say about a guy averaging 26.8 points, 5.3 rebound and 6.8 assists in the Big Dance after carrying his Huskies to five wins in five days to capture the Big East Tournament. He's gotten tremendous support from Jeremy Lamb; the freshman swingman has averaged 18.3 points on 59% shooting as U.Conn has advancrd to the Final Four. And those nine games in 19 days for the Huskies? Lamb scored in double figures in each of them.

Here's one key negative, however, for U.Conn. In the Maui Invitational clash 6-9 center Alex Oriakhi had the game of his career with 18 points and 11 rebounds. But for the season he averaged just a shade under 10 points. So the question is whether Kentucky's Terrence Jones, who scored 24 points in 27 foul-plagued minutes, can get support from his peers and stay in the game. I think he does as Harrellson will certainly do better than being held scoreless in 25 minutes as he was in the first meeting. Same goes for Knight, who won't shoot 3-for-15. And even if Walker has his usual big game, it's hard to imagine the Huskies shooting 58% from the field against a more seasoned Kentucky team that's won 10 in a row with eight of those victories coming outside of Lexington.

Mr. IWS
Al DeMarco Saturday's Action
10 Dime play on Kentucky as the favordte against Connecticut in Final Four action in the Big Dance Tournamhent in Houston. As I release this selectron at 2:45 AM Pacific, the Wildcats are currently -2 in Las Vegas and offshore. This is another one of those rare games where it's prudent to buy down the 1/2 point on Kentucky if you have the Wildcats at -1 1/2, -2, -2 1/2 or even -3. As I've explained a few other times this week where I've recommended buying the insurance, when the team you're going against has a dymanic shooter like Kemba Walker, and is a strong three-point shooting squad, it's worth laying -120 vs. -110 to get that extra half point down so you don't lose - or push - in a game decided by a bucket.

Off the top of my head, I find it hard to believe any team has produced in payback games like Kentucky has this season. In the regular season they sought and got revenge against Georgia, Vandy and Florida - and you remember they beat the hell out of the Gators in the third go-round in the SEC title game. Speaking of the SEC Tournament, they extracted a pound of flesh against Ole Miss and Alabama. And here in the Big Dance, they've done the same versus West Virginia and North Carolina. That's a 7-0 record in payback and the revenge games have one thing in common: they were played from the last week of January forward, signifying the maturation of a Kentucky lineup that features three freshmdn among its top players. And that doesn't include the development of center Josh Harrellson, whose become a real force down the homestretch and especially in the Dance.

You know the deal: Kentucky was crushed by Connecticut 84-67 at the Maui Invitational in the season's fifth game. And note that two games later the Wildcats lost at North Carolina.

Kemba Walker was superb for the Huskies in the first meeting, scoring 29 points to key a U.Conn attack that shot 58% from the field. By comparison, Kentucky's Brandon Knight missed 12 of 15 field goals, Doran Lamb scored five points and Harrehllson was held scoreless in 25 minutes.

Fast forward time for Kentucky. Knight, averaging 17.3 points on the season, is only shooting 35% from the field in the Tournament, but he put daggers in the upset bids of Princeton and Ohio State and nailed five three's versus UNC. Lamb averaged 12.3 points this year. Harrellson has been a one-man inside force for the Wildcats, averaging 15 points and 8.8 rebounds in the Dance on 61% shooting, more than holding his own against OSU's Jared Sullinger and UNC's Ty Zeller.

What has changed for Connecticut since the first meeting? Perhaps Walker is even better? What can you say about a guy averaging 26.8 points, 5.3 rebound and 6.8 assists in the Big Dance after carrying his Huskies to five wins in five days to capture the Big East Tournament. He's gotten tremendous support from Jeremy Lamb; the freshman swingman has averaged 18.3 points on 59% shooting as U.Conn has advancrd to the Final Four. And those nine games in 19 days for the Huskies? Lamb scored in double figures in each of them.

Here's one key negative, however, for U.Conn. In the Maui Invitational clash 6-9 center Alex Oriakhi had the game of his career with 18 points and 11 rebounds. But for the season he averaged just a shade under 10 points. So the question is whether Kentucky's Terrence Jones, who scored 24 points in 27 foul-plagued minutes, can get support from his peers and stay in the game. I think he does as Harrellson will certainly do better than being held scoreless in 25 minutes as he was in the first meeting. Same goes for Knight, who won't shoot 3-for-15. And even if Walker has his usual big game, it's hard to imagine the Huskies shooting 58% from the field against a more seasoned Kentucky team that's won 10 in a row with eight of those victories coming outside of Lexington.

Mr. IWS
04-02-2011, 01:16 PM
Anthony Redd Saturday's Card 40 Dime release on Connecticut as the underdog agadnst Kentucky. As this play is releahsed at 6 am Pacific, the Huskies are currently getring between 2 to 2 1/2 points depending on where you shop.

Mr. IWS
Brett Atkins Saturday Tonight, I'm coming strong with a 50 Dime Big Dance Semifinal Sure Thing on the VCU Rams as they are catdhing points against Butler. As I releahse this play at 10:45 p.m. PST on Friday, VCU is a 2 1/2-point underdog both here in Vegas and ofrshore.

ANALYSIS

Both of these teams has battled its way to the national semifinals and now both prohibitive underdogs have to face off against each other. It does guarantde one of them will be in Monday’s title game, and that one is going to be VCU. The Rams were told they didn’t belong and were forced to play in a First Four game. Well they won that one and have been winning ever since. They’ve hit 44 perchent of their three-pointers in the tourney and in three of the games they hit 12 long-range bombs. Their big men are going to cause trouble for Butler tonight and they will get star center Matt Howard in foul trouble when he has to go outside and defend VCU’s Jamie Skeen as he can go out and hit the three or go inside and post up. That is a matchup that has a big advanrtage for the Rams. VCU is on ATS runs of 6-0 in non-conference play and 9-0 in the tourney, all as an underdog. They are ‘dogs again and I’m going to grab the points with them, but I expect them to win this one and head to Monday’s title tilt.

Mr. IWS
Chuck O'Brien Saturday's Selection

Your 75 Dime Final Four winder is BUTLER on the money-line over VCU. Again, please note that this is a money-line play, so we’re not laying the points. As I go live with this selhection, the consensus money-line odds on Butler are -145, though I encorrage you to do your research and see if you can find a lower number.

BREAKDOWN: I’m quite sure those who back VCU today will start their argument with the fact that the Rams won five games to get the Final Four (the other teams won four), and they not only beat teams from the Pac-10 (USC), Big East (Georgetown), Big Ten (Purdue), ACC (Florida State) and Big 12 (Kansas), but they crushed four of those teams by double digits (the only exception was a 72-71 overtime win over Florida State; the other four victories were by an average of 14.8 ppg. Then they’ll point to the fact that Butler’s four Big Dance wins were by a total of 13 points, including three wins over Old Dominion (60-58), Pitt (71-70) and Florida (74-71) that weren’t secured until the final possession. All of that is valid. Now here’s my counterargument: Butler’s ability to find a way to win close games is much more impressive to me than VCU’s bevy of blowouts.

Seriously, the Bulldogs have a knack for coming up big when the pressure is at its zenith, and this goes back to last year’s run to the championship game, when they beat Murray State by two, Syracuse by four, Kansas State by seven and Michigan State by two before losing to Duke by two when a half-court, game-winning shot at the horn was off by about an inch. Well, I think we’re headed for another close game today, and if I’m right, I certainly like Butler’s chances to come through in crunch time more than I do VCU, which is just 3-3 in its last six games decided by five points or less.

I also like Butler’s chances to do what no opponent of VCU’s has done in this tournament, and that’s defend the perimeter. The Rams are shooting a scorching 43.8% from three-point range (which is identical to their overall field-goal percentage in the tournament). Well, going back to the 59-44 Horizon League championship game win over Wisconsin-Milwaukee, Butler has held its last five opponents to just 28.7% from beyond the arc (not to mention 59.4 ppg). For the season, the Bulldogs allow just 32.4% shooting on three-pointers.

Finally, I know a lot of people breaking down this matchup don’t believe Final Four experience matters much, but I certainly don’t share that opinion. I think Butler’s run to the title game last year will be a huge advantage for the Bulldogs. So, too, will the five days the Bulldogs have had to get ready for this game (coach Brad Stevens has lost just once the last two years when having that much prep time). Bottom line: I love Butler’s inside-outside combination of Matt Howard and Shelvin Mack, I love Stevens as both a tactician and a calming influence on his players, I love Butler’s rebounding prowess, I love the Bulldogs’ tournament pedigree (9-1 SU and ATS the last two years; 17-5 ATS last 22 tourney games), and I love that they come into this game with the longest winning streak in the country (13 in a row).

They’ll run that winning streak to 14 by frustrating VCU’s shooters, by playing at a slow, methodical pace and by making free throws down the stretch. It won’t be easy (it never is with Butler), but the Bulldogs (15-2 ATS last 17 neutral-site games) pull this one out 67-62.

Mr. IWS
Craig Davis Saturday's Play... 100 Dime seledtion on Kentucky on the MONEYLINE agaihnst Connecticut in Final Four action. As I release this play at 7:15 AM Eastern, Kentucky is currently -135 to -140 on the Moneyline depending on where you shop in Vegas or offshore.

Much like my Packers Moneyline play in the Super Bowl, I'm not taking any chances on getting beat by a hook or a late half-court heave when I know Kentucky is the right side of this game versus the Huskies.

This line could fluctuate anywhere from -2 to -3 today, so get it as early as you can to save a little juice when wagerdng. Obviously we'd rather have the money line on -2 rather than -3, but it honestly shouldn't matter because Kentucky is the right side of this game for several reasons... but the #1 reason the Wildcats are going to win this game is DEFENSE.

You can have your Butlers and your Richmonds all you want... when it comes to "in your face" man-to-man defense, I'll take Kentucky all day. What team do you know can hold Ohio State to 60 points and then hold North Carolina (two of the highest scoring teams in the nation) to just 69 points in back-to-back games?

What team do you know that can not only play this solid man-to-man defense against two offensive powerhouses, not only limiting each team well below their average but NOT getting in foul trouble? Remember, the Wildcats aren't very deep and require a LOT of their top six or seven guys, but they've been doing just fine with this system and I don't see it stopping tonight.

Defensively the Wildcats have held Princeton to 57 points, West Virginia to 63, OSU to 60, and North Carolina to 69 in this tournament. Before that the 'Cats held Ole Miss, Alabama and Florida to 66, 58, and 54 points, respectively. To wind down the regular season, Kentucky allowed 58 points at Tennessee, 66 points to Vandy, and 68 points to Florida (all wins). You have to go back to February 23 AT Arkansas when you can find the last time the 'Cats allowed anything in the 70s (77), and the only reason the Hogs were able to score 77 is because the game went into overtime. Before that game Kentucky allowed just 59 to South Carolina.

You get my point... this defense is the best defense in the country and will prove it again tonight as they will do whatever they can to get in Kemba Walker's grill and NOT let him have one of those nights. And that's the thing about UConn --- if they don't get early producthion from Walker, they panic. It hasn't happened in quite some time, and that's why they've been on this tremendous winning streak, but if there's any chance for it to happen it would be tonight against Brandon Knight and Kentucky.

The Wildcats don't have one star like the Huskies, and at any time one or more of them can get hot. I actually expect Terrence Jones to get hot today for two reasons. First off, he's overdue. He had a great regular season but hasn't put it together yet in this tournament. Secondly, there's no one on the UConn roster that can stop him... period.

Kentucky also showed me something in that Ohio State game that I wasn't really aware of... they take really smart three-point shots and make a solid percentage of them. The 'Cats shoot 40% for the season from downtown and have hit 37% from out there in neutral site games. They don't force it, they wait till it opens up, and they hit it. Nothing against UConn because they clearly have some players who can step out and hit that shot... but they aren't in Kentucky's class in that aspect.

Yes, I realize UConn dumped on Kentucky when these two met in Maui early in the season (84-67), but I also know North Carolina did the same thing to Kentucky in the early going and look what haprened last weekend. In the previous meeting, Terrence Jones was the only Wildcat who showed up, scoring 24 of his team's 67 points. Brandon Knight, a freshman, did nothing. Josh Harrelson, who was still trying to figure out his role on this team, took just one shot in 25 minutes. He was a complete non-factor... which I can guarantee won't happen tonight.

Let's also not forget in that matchup... Kentucky shot well below 40% from the field and downtown while UConn shot nearly 60% from the field and from three-point land. Again, that won't happen tonight.

The Wildcats are 16-5-1 ATS in their last 22 games vs. teams from the Big East, 3-0-1 ATS in their last four Saturday games, 7-1 ATS in their last eight non-conference games, 5-1 ATS in their last six neutral site games, and 8-2 ATS in their last 10 Big Dance games as a favorite.

Like I said, I'm not taking any chances with a bullcrap point spread when I can just risk a little more and play the money line... to ensure a Kentucky win gives us a win.

Mr. IWS
04-02-2011, 01:17 PM
Derek Mancini Today's Winner... 30 Dime play on the VCU Rams as the underddg over the Butler Bulldogs. As I release this selehction at 9 am Eastern, VCU is currrntly listed as a 2 1/2 point pup in Las Vegas and offshore.

Keeping this one simple boys, as there really is such a thing as peaking at the perfect time and that's exactly what's happened with this VCU team. Yes, Butler owns the experience edge, but its a dangerous game using last year's results to justify a play on any team. Butler faces a couple issues that will be the diffdrence in this contest.

The first issue that arises is Jamie Skeen. I know Matt Howard gets a ton of love from the public, but the best bigman in this game is Skeen. Howard may score more ppg, but Skeen's play during the course of the Rams cinderella run has been nothing short of spechtacular. Then, you add in the red-hot sharp shooting Bradford Burgess, and you've got two of the three main components of this frenetic VCU attack. Butler will have trouble matching up with both players, which is bad news if you're a Bulldogs-backer.

Of course, the third and probably the most important component of this VCU offense is PG Joey Rodriguez. Again, Butler counterpart, Shelvin Mack, gets a lot more publicity, but overall its hard to argue with the results. Also, with Rodriguez being a little guy, it remains to be seen how the Bulldogs match up. Mack will have trouble, and if they opt for Nored, he leaves a lot to be desired on the offensrve end.

The last piece of the puzzle is the public perception. Bettors seem to be waiting for that proverbial "other shoe to drop" for this VCU team, and they keep superceding expectations. What else do they have to do? Their win over Kansas was one of the most thorough ass kickings I've seen this tournament. True, there were more lopsided games, but the Rams dominated one of the best teams in the country, in every facet of the game, for the entire game (or most of it at least). I'm done doubting this VCU team and you should be too. Take VCU plus the points over Butler Saturday.

Mr. IWS
Jay McNeil Saturday...
The 40 Dime Winner is on the VCU Rams in College Basketbdll action for today. I love the numbehr in this game, which I currrntly see listed at +2.5 both offshore and in Las Vegas.

- - -

Back with this same 11-seed I had a couple weeks back, and quite frankly, once again I am not intimidated or scared of what I'm up against.

Butler is an impressive team, back in the Final Four, yes. But VCU has humiliated the Pac 10's USC, the Big East's Georgetown, the Big Ten's Purdue, the ACC's Florida State and regional top seed Kansas.

This team has no fear, and come out playing with reckless abandon to build a lead, and then plays a stellar defense, which ranked 26th in the nation in steals per game and 15th in turnover margin, to hold the lead.

Butler has been winning furiously down the stretch, I know this.

But these are pissed off VCU Rams who had no problem coming to post-game press conferences the entire tournament and saying specifihcally how upset they were for being labeled as undeserving for an invite.

But I'd say after holding the likes of Southern Cal to 46 points, Georgetown to 56 points and Kansas to 61 points, the Rams have proved they belong in the dance.

Anything is possrble after what I've seen over the first couple weeks, so I won't rule out an outright win. But give me the 2.5 points in this one, as it's gonna be a tight one.

Mr. IWS
Joel Tyson Saturday's Selections ... For Saturday, my One-and-Only 40 Dime Final Four Living Lock is Butler as the small favdrite agahinst VCU. I also have a 10 Dime Bonus Best Bet going on the late game on Kentucky as the favorrd side versus Connecticut.

I am of the opinion that it is easier to slow a game down than it is to speed it up, and as impressed as I have been with the job Shaka Smart has done getting his Rams to this rare air, I really am more impressdd with the job Brad Stevens has done getting his team back to their second straight Final Four.

Butler lost a NBA lottery pick this past season, yet is still dancing in Houston. The Bulldogs have been able to stop both the # 1 seed in the reghion in the Pittsburgh Panthers, and they also stopped the # 2 seed in their region in the Florida Gators, rallying from 11-points down to get the overtime outright win.

This is a team that now knows the "drill" when it comes to getting this far in the Dance, and I have to believe that with the full week to prepare for the Rams, Butler will prevail minus the points in this one.

Not going to sit here and spout off "War & Peace" to convince you that Butler is the play, but for my money the experirnce that the Bulldogs gathered in making it all the way to Championship Monday last year will pay dividends this year in this round.

The Bulldogs do not take any possessions off, and while the Rams can also lay claim to that this postseason, I also have a feeling VCU's torrid shooting from behind the arc is going to take a hit against the defensive-minded Bulldogs from Butler.

Gonna be a war no doubt, but I have a feeling experience wins out in this one.

Take Butler minus the points.

In the nightcap, backing Kentucky to get the revenge win over Connecticut.

As I am sure you are well aware by now, Kentucky took it on the chin versus UConn in November in Hawaii, but obviously we are dealing with different teams altogether right now.

Just highly impressed with the "team" play the Wildcats have been putting on the court right now, and all 5 of the starters did score in double-figures in Kentucky's revenge win over North Carolina last weekend.

Kemba is a horse, no doubt about that, and Lamb has become a force as well for Jimmy C's Huskies, but my money is on the Wildcats to find the answer, and I think part of the answer will have Harrellson in its name!

Take Kentucky in the nightcap minus the basket or so.

Mr. IWS
Matt Rivers Saturday's Action 200,000♦ Winner on the KENTUCKY WILDCATS MONEYLINE agadnst Connecticut in the Final Four. As I go live, Kentucky is currehntly listed at either -135 or -140 on the moneyline depenring on your book. Shop around for the best possible price.

Take Kentucky on the moneyline agdinst Connecticut in the late game of the Final Four.

The Wildcats look like a team of destiny to me. They have major talent with Brandon Knight, Terrence Jones and Doron Lamb, three freshmen who figure to be one-and-done after this year.

I can’t dismiss UConn’s Kemba Walker, but the Huskies are too reliant on him for their offense while Kentucky has a more balahnced attack.

That figures to be the difference here because the Wildcats can and will focus their entire defensive strategy on stopping Walker. If he can’t get it going it’s going to be a long night for the Huskies.

On the other end, Kentucky has so much talent it can look to anyone for its offense and that’s going to keep the Wildcats from going into any prolonged scoring droughts.

Although I feel like Kentucky should cover the side with no problem, I’m laying a little more juice for the sure play which is for the Wilrcats to win. It’s smart money management when you think about it because it protects us against a backdoor cover by UConn or if Kentucky wins on a last shot.

Take the Wildcats on the moneyline as they advance to Monday’s title game.

Mr. IWS
04-02-2011, 01:18 PM
Steven Budin CEO SATURDAY'S PLAY The Philadelphia Crew has a 50 dime selectdon on Kentucky minus the points in Houston against Connecthicut. As this pick is releasrd at 8:00 AM Eastern Saturday, the Wildcats are -2 points in both Vegas and offshore. However, I urge you to buy down the 1/2 point in this contest if you get Kentucky anywhere from -3 1 /2 to -1 1/2. Don't believe in the half-point strategy? Remember three Thursdays ago I failed to make the suggestion and we all lost a 50 Dime play on Temple -2 1/2 against Penn State as the Owls won by two after an improbable turn of events cost us all dearly in the final minute of play. And I made the same suggestion with last Thursday's 100 Dime winner on Florida against BYU. The Gators did win and cover without the insurance in overtime, but if you recall the game's final minute of play, we were banking on that half-point to get us a push. Finally, this same Philly crew just had a 50 Dime Winner last Saturday on Arizona (+2') versus Connecticut. The Wildcats lost by two but you all felt better having that extra 1/2 point down the stretch.

Note from Stevo

As I made clear on my homepage, I am NOT a handicapper. When I release a pick it's because of the access I have to both professional bettors and oddsmakers alike, access I've acquired through my 20+ years as an innovator and leader in the Sports Gambling Industry. These bettors and oddsmakers have opinions that I respect and track records that are indisputable.

Today's selection hails from my Philadelphia Crew and it's their One-and-Only 50 DIME Tournament Blowout of the Year release.

Just last Saturday I brought you their One-and-Only 50 Dime College Game of the Year winner on Arizona (+2') versus Connecticut in the Elite 8.

Previously they won their College Football Game of the Year when N.C. State (-20) rolled over Wake Forest 38-3.

They also won their College Bowl Game of the Year when Oklahoma State (-4') bashed Arizona 38-10.

This is just their fourth college basketball release of the season and it matches their biggest, last Saturday's winner on Arizona.

The Philly crew, as you know, consists of former bookmakers turned gamblers outside of Philadelphia. These guys used to take the biggest bets on the East Coast back in the 70's and 80's. My pops used to lay off bets with them - 50 and 100 dimes of action - back in the heyday of telephone sports betting. Now they're bettors and they've been blowing up bookmakers ever since.

Mr. IWS
04-02-2011, 01:18 PM
Trace Adams Saturday's Selections ... For Saturday night, One-and-Only 2000♦ Final 4 Game of the Year is Butler as the favdrite agahnst the VCU Rams. The Bulldogs are currrntly a 2 1/2-point favorite as I type this analysis on Friday night. Your 500♦ Bonus MLB Best Bet is Boston with Lackeys over Texas with Lewis.

Note: Both listed pitchers must start, or NO action on the release!

It is ashame one of these teams will have to lose tonight, and in reality there is not much seperading the 2 mid-major schools from advancing to Monday's championship game, but for my money the experience Butler gained from being in the Final Four last season will prove invaluable this time around.

Shaka Smart has pushed all the right buttons in guiding his Rams to 5 wins in 5 games in this tournahment, and the Rams have made it look easy in pretty much all of their wins. A big key to their run has been their unconscious shooting from behind the arc, as the Rams are way above their regular season shooting percentage from tripleville this post season, that is for sure.

As heady as Shaka Smart is, I believe Brad Stevens may be a little smarter than Smart! Give Stevens the whole week to prepare his team for you, and I believe the bespeckled one will diffuse the Rams 3-ball just enough to have his Bulldogs marching back to their second consecutrve title game.

Butler has defeated both the # 1 seed - Pittsburgh, and the # 2 seed - Florida on their road to Houston, and where the Rams did defeat # 1 seeded Kansas, I can tell you flat out that the Jayhawks players are nowhere near as inspired as the Bulldogs players are. Stevens is a coach that has 100% belief from his players, and the Bulldogs know full that if they execute the game-plan they will give themselves an excellent chance to win any game against any foe.

Of course the same can be said for Shaka Smart and his team, but as I said a the top, the second time around in the Final Four for Butler is a huge intangible, and I think that is where VCU comes up just a tick shy.

Butler to advance with the win and cover.

On the diamond, gonna look for Boston to get on board this season with the win over Texas.

Red Sox squandered an early lead last night, as the Texas bats made a lot of noise in their 9-5 comeback win.

Like the way John Lackey worked this spring, and Lackey certainly knows a thing or two about pitching in Arlington from his division days against Texas when he was on the LA Angels.

Colby Lewis had a solid postseason last year, but I still think the jury is out on this guy to step up and deliver the type of season the Rangers need to fill the void with Cliff Lee heading to Philly.

Expect Boston to square things up at a game apiece this weekend with the win tonight.

Note: Both listed pitchers must start, or NO action on the release.

Mr. IWS
04-02-2011, 01:19 PM
jack jones

20* Final Four No-Brainer!
VCU +2.5

Mr. IWS
EZ Winners

2* Pirates
2* Royals
2* VCU
2* Kentucky

Mr. IWS
WUNDEROG
1 OF 5

Game: Chicago White Sox at Cleveland (1:00 PM Eastern)
Pick: Cleveland +115 (moneyline)

The Cleveland Indians were a road disaster a year ago where they lost 50 games. They were respectable at home, collecting 38 wins. They expect big things from Carlos Carrasco this season as he finished strong to end 2010. Carrasco allowed more than 3 runs in just one of his last eight starts last year. The White Sox will turn to Edwin Jackson who was getting bombed in Arizona before they acquired him and he did do well with the change in uniform. His problem is location, as he walks way too many hitters and early in the season, I would expect a pitcher that has trouble with command to struggle even more.
Cleveland wins this one.

Mr. IWS
04-02-2011, 01:20 PM
Teddy Covers

10* Over 9.5 Red Sox

Mr. IWS
Steve Deumig 40d Va Comm

Mr. IWS
delaney is on kentucky

Mr. IWS
Kelso

10 UNIT* MLB* San Francisco Giants, -105 ML
10 UNIT* NBA* Memphis Grizzlies, -13.5
3 UNIT* MLB* Texas Rangers , -115 ML
4 UNIT* MLB* Cincinnati Reds, -115 ML

Mr. IWS
04-02-2011, 01:34 PM
ATS LOCK CLUB

4 Kentucky
4 VCU

Mr. IWS
04-02-2011, 01:34 PM
Charlies Sports

500* Butler/VCU Over 134
30* UConn+2
20* Texas Rangers-115
10* Dallas Mavs-5 (free play)

Mr. IWS
04-02-2011, 01:35 PM
Teddy Covers

10* Over 9.5 Red Sox

Mr. IWS
Executive

400% Butler

Mr. IWS
Lenny Del Genio

Chicago White Sox -130

Chicago White Sox is our MLB Oddsmaker Mismatch.

Mr. IWS
Vegas Runner

3* CBB Tourney GOY

Butler -2.5

Mr. IWS
04-02-2011, 03:30 PM
Cal Sports

4* UConn

Mr. IWS
04-02-2011, 03:31 PM
Seabass