PDA

View Full Version : UFC 134 Rio de Janeiro Aug 27th

Pages : [1] 2 3

Luke
04-15-2011, 11:06 AM
Anderson Silva (http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Anderson-Silva-1356) vs. Yushin Okami (http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Yushin-Okami-5569)

Forrest Griffin vs. Mauricio Rua rematch to take place at UFC Rio event http://t.co/fyKZAFJ (http://t.co/fyKZAFJ)

Thewisemann
04-15-2011, 03:05 PM
Not sure what will happen.

MMA_scientist
04-15-2011, 03:08 PM
I think the ground game has passed Shogun by... if Forrests decides to grapple him again, Forrest could beat him again. If it stays standing for any length of time, Shogun wins.

I think Silva will win. I still think the only reason Sonnen gave him a fight was because of his injury.

Mr. IWS
04-15-2011, 03:13 PM
I think the ground game has passed Shogun by... if Forrests decides to grapple him again, Forrest could beat him again.

inb4 the wrath of zy

I actually agree with you though.

MMA_scientist
04-15-2011, 03:25 PM
I mean, Shogun has a good ground game if someone tries to actually play bjj with him. He is good at avoiding damage and getting to his feet... but his takedown defense and offense from his back is just not that great against a guy that just wants to punch him and stay active. Also, I think Shogun might be too small to grapple with these big dudes like Jones and Forrest on top of him. Hopefully he brings the takedown defense.

SPX
04-15-2011, 03:36 PM
Okami's no Sonnen in the wrestling department (we saw that first-hand when they fought), but I'd really like to see his ass win. I would basically like to see anyone beat Silva at this point. Doesn't really matter who. Preferably GSP, but since that fight will never happen, Okami works.

MMA_scientist
04-15-2011, 03:43 PM
I would like to see Okami take him out, basically just because I want to see Maia get another title shot and there is no way in hell they are going to let him fight Silva again. Maia vs. Okami would sell the fewest PPVs of all time.

SPX
04-15-2011, 03:45 PM
Maia vs. Okami would sell the fewest PPVs of all time.

I'm sure there have been worse main events. I actually think it's an intriguing match up.

Luke
04-15-2011, 03:47 PM
I'm sure there have been worse main events..

Crop cop -Mir comes to mind

SPX
04-15-2011, 04:44 PM
Crop cop -Mir comes to mind

It at least looked good on paper.

MMA_scientist
04-15-2011, 04:51 PM
I think Cro Cop and mir at least both have recongnizable names. Okami and Maia are both perennial contenders but your average non MMA fan doesn't know who they are. Most people have heard of Cro Cop and/or Mir. I could see Maia and Okami headlining a Fight Night or something, but if Okami gets the title, they are probably going to throw Belfort or Sonnen or Bisping at him so they can get some interest. Maia and Okami are both low key guys. Neither of them does anything stupid or divisive... it is like battle of the guys you can't help but root for... Personally, I think Maia might run into trouble with Munoz anyway, so it may all be moot. I would like to see Maia fight Sonnen or Marquart again as well. Of course Palhares is out there too, I think it was zY who said it best Maia vs. Palhares would be sexy time.

Thewisemann
04-15-2011, 06:36 PM
Okami has a shot, but I think Silva will win. I will probably make a small play on Okami by Dec

poopoo333
04-19-2011, 09:42 AM
Barboza vs pearson

edman5555
04-19-2011, 10:14 AM
Hmm I'd have to give the edge to Ross Pearson in that one.

SPX
04-19-2011, 03:03 PM
Very interesting fight.

Why Pearson, Edman?

I'm leaning heavily toward Barboza.

poopoo333
04-19-2011, 03:08 PM
I'll continue supporting the Barboza war wagon. He is going to win.

edman5555
04-19-2011, 03:52 PM
Pearson is a pretty decent wrestler and decent striker. He has way more experience too. I could see him losing though

SPX
04-19-2011, 05:34 PM
Pearson is a pretty decent wrestler and decent striker. He has way more experience too. I could see him losing though

From what I've seen of Barboza, I think he has more than enough wrestling to cancel out whatever Pearson brings in that regard, and I think we're going to see a standup war for sure.

As for experience, Pearson has had 16 fights in MMA and Barboza has only had half that, but Barboza has a muay Thai record of 25-3, which is directly relevant to MMA in general and this type of fight in particular.

I think Pearson is a good, solid up-and-comer, but I believe Barboza will beat him in what ends up being a Kickboxing battle.

edman5555
04-19-2011, 09:13 PM
I don't know why you think Barboza's wrestling is good. It may be, but when has this been proven? Lullo was not a very good fighter and Nik/Barb was a standup fight. We have not seen him against a wrestler OR a seasoned Vet. He can win for sure but he has been getting ridiculous lines/hype. I would not be suprised to see him as a very light dog or even a potential favorite. If I can get Pearson as a dog I maaaay take him, or maybe a prop of some kind. He beat Siver by avoiding his striking and wrestling him. If he can do that to Siver he has a good shot at doing it to Barboza.

SPX
04-19-2011, 09:19 PM
First, I don't remember Siver/Pearson being much of a wrestling match. It was 90% on the feet and Pearson simply outstruck him.

Second, after watching a lot of footage on Barboza, I've come away feeling like he has pretty good TDD and if he DOES go to the ground then he always finds a way to get back up. If you said that Maynard or Edgar or Sherk might be able to use their wrestling to beat Barboza, I would not argue with you. But I think that Pearson is nowhere near the wrestler that those guys are and that he doesn't have what it takes to use that sort of gameplan.

Luke
04-19-2011, 09:38 PM
UFC president Dana White has indicated to MMA Fighting that the promotion has no interest in offering a fight to Brazilian pioneer Royce Gracie (http://www.mmafighting.com/tag/Royce+Gracie/) for the UFC's upcoming August event in Rio de Janeiro, refuting previous reports that talks between the two sides could result in a Gracie return.

Just last week, Gracie told Brazilian news site Esporte.UOL.com (http://esporte.uol.com.br/lutas/vale-tudo/ultimas-noticias/2011/04/12/royce-gracie-lenda-do-mma-negocia-aposentadoria-no-ufc-rio.jhtm) that negotiations for his return were ongoing.

Gracie is considered the sport's early seminal figure, winning three of the first four UFC tournaments with a jiu-jitsu style that was then foreign to most fight fans but has become a necessity in modern MMA. At just 6-foot-1 and around 175 pounds, Gracie used his ground skills to tap out opponents who sometimes outweighed him by 50 pounds or more.

At 44 years old though, Gracie (14-2-3) has not competed in the sport in nearly four years. In his last match, which took place in June 2007, he defeated Kazushi Sakuraba via unanimous decision, but afterward tested positive for steroids and was suspended for a year by the California state athletic commission.

The legend has not fought in the UFC's octagon since May 2006, when he returned after more than 11 years away from the promotion, only to suffer a first-round drubbing at the hands of then UFC welterweight champ Matt Hughes. The fight took place at a 175-pound catch weight, and Hughes dominated Gracie en route to a first-round TKO.

While Gracie would like one more chance to close out his career in style, it looks like the legend is unlikely to see the inside of the octagon at UFC 134 (http://www.mmafighting.com/tag/UFC+134/)

Guess he wanted too much money

SPX
04-19-2011, 10:19 PM
Didn't you post that already?

Luke
04-19-2011, 10:36 PM
Didn't you post that already?

No.....last thing I posted about it said they were in talks to get him on the card , at least I think

SPX
04-19-2011, 10:40 PM
Hmm. I remember someone posted that Royce wasn't going to be on the card.

I want to say that you made your same "he must have wanted too much money" statement then, too.

Luke
04-20-2011, 12:01 AM
Hmm. I remember someone posted that Royce wasn't going to be on the card.

I want to say that you made your same "he must have wanted too much money" statement then, too.

You need to find that then because either I'm crazy or you are

SPX
04-20-2011, 12:11 AM
You need to find that then because either I'm crazy or you are

I would search for it, but I can't figure out the new search function since we switched to vBulletin.

It seems that no matter what options I select it just returns the thread instead of specific posts.

poopoo333
04-20-2011, 12:19 AM
Good. I don't want to watch that shit unless they put it on facebook or spike prelims. I'd rather have them stack the card then have some gay throwback fight.

SPX
04-20-2011, 12:35 AM
I'd love to see the UFC establish a Masters division and bring in Royce, Severn, Frye, Oleg . . . and even Kimo, Jennum, Hackney, etc.

That would be awesome.

zY|
04-20-2011, 09:44 PM
^^yeah they could call it the brain trauma division. Seriously, who the fuck would pay to watch that shit?

SPX
04-20-2011, 09:59 PM
Me, motherfucker!

You apparently don't have a nostalgic bone in your body. I'm pretty sure the left half of my rib cage is made of nostalgia.

Luke
04-20-2011, 10:03 PM
googling nostalgia...........brb

Luke
04-20-2011, 10:04 PM
a wistful (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/wistful) or excessively sentimental yearning for return to or of some past period or irrecoverable condition; also : something that evokes nostalgia

SPX
04-20-2011, 10:05 PM
Thanks for the vocabulary lesson.

zY|
04-20-2011, 10:09 PM
Me, motherfucker!

You apparently don't have a nostalgic bone in your body. I'm pretty sure the left half of my rib cage is made of nostalgia.

Like I said, who the fuck would pay to watch that shit?

zY|
04-20-2011, 10:11 PM
And yes, I get nostalgic about everything. I'm just being realistic.

SPX
04-20-2011, 10:17 PM
Realistic how? A lot of these guys are still fighting anyway. Shamrock is still fighting. Severn either IS still fighting or just retired like last year. Coleman would gladly come back for a paycheck, no doubt. Oleg was active until just a year or two ago. Gary Goodridge still fights.

I don't see how it's unrealistic. Other sports do it.

Luke
04-20-2011, 10:26 PM
FWIW Dan Severn just fought last weekend

zY|
04-20-2011, 10:27 PM
Because the nostalgia doesn't line up with reality. It never does. It's right there in the definition.

It would just be a bunch of fat, shitty old dudes fighting some really bad MMA, and that's not the UFC's business.

SPX
04-20-2011, 10:32 PM
Probably so, but I just think it would be cool to see them do their thing again.

I mean, maybe Shamrock wouldn't get crushed if he was fighting older guys.

MMA_scientist
04-21-2011, 09:39 AM
Severn is still pretty good... He hasn't lost since 2009, is 10-0 in his last 10 and 28-3 going back to 2006. He fights every month, he has 5 fights already for 2011. Severn would absolutely murder Royce. I really don't want to see Royce in there at all.

SPX
04-21-2011, 01:44 PM
http://www.bestfightodds.com/events/389.png

SPX
04-21-2011, 01:45 PM
2u on Shogun at -175

MMA_scientist
04-21-2011, 01:58 PM
I am surprised that Silva is -415 again after the Sonnen thing. I would probably make a play on Okami if this wasn't in Brazil. Anyone know how that is going o work? Are they bringing the judges with them or are they going to use Brazilian judges?

poopoo333
04-21-2011, 02:03 PM
I am sure they will bring judges with them like always

MMA_scientist
04-21-2011, 02:16 PM

What do you mean? When they go to the UK, they have some UK judges. I don't know about Canada and Australia though...

Svino
04-21-2011, 02:27 PM
I'm not too surprised. Sonnen was +200-something for the rematch. I will be on Okami here.

Luke
04-21-2011, 05:56 PM

huh?
I thought the judges came from wherever the event was.....maybe im wrong

poopoo333
04-21-2011, 06:54 PM
huh?
I thought the judges came from wherever the event was.....maybe im wrong

I am probably wrong. I thought judges came from America. I remember during that whole Phan/Garcia controversy, Kizer was talking about how the UFC chooses these judges (one of which had Garcia) to go with them to international events.

zY|
04-21-2011, 06:58 PM
They do bring their own.

Most countries don't have MMA sanctioned, so the UFC brings their own crew in. Generally, they will use a few local refs and judges, but the rest will be selected by Marc Ratner (works for the UFC and used to run the NSAC) and the UFC. They also conduct their own in-house drug testing if there is no commission.

Svino
04-21-2011, 07:05 PM
Yeah, remember the "Doug Crosby goes nuts" incident after the UFC in Abu-Dhabi and the Penn / Edgar decision?

zY|
04-21-2011, 07:06 PM
Yeah, remember the "Doug Crosby goes nuts" incident after the UFC in Abu-Dhabi and the Penn / Edgar decision?

Yeah, and Herb Dean generally refs the main events overseas.

Luke
04-21-2011, 07:16 PM
I am probably wrong. I thought judges came from America. I remember during that whole Phan/Garcia controversy, Kizer was talking about how the UFC chooses these judges (one of which had Garcia) to go with them to international events.

See you were right .....I obv didnt know what I was talking about lol

poopoo333
04-21-2011, 07:27 PM
As a fan I want to see Shogun win, but I am probably going to bet Forrest.

Thewisemann
04-21-2011, 08:37 PM
ill probably stay away from shogun/forrest. If odds are good enough ill take Okami by dec for .25u, but i think Silva will fuck him up

poopoo333
04-25-2011, 09:08 PM
Maiquel Falcao vs. Tom Lawlor in the works for Brazil's UFC 134 event (http://mmajunkie.com/news/23372/maiquel-falcao-vs-tom-lawlor-in-the-works-for-brazils-ufc-134-event.mma)

edman5555
04-25-2011, 09:16 PM
Thank you sweet Jesus. I have been waiting for this guy to fight. I think he is a beast and will kill Tom Lawlor. I was hoping they would pair him up with someone on a little better of a win streak so we could get some odds on him. God damn Alessio Sakara. I would have got UDOG odds on that fight and won a shitload. MOFO>

Luke
04-27-2011, 07:16 PM
Royce Gracie Asking for Rematch with Matt Hughes at UFC 134 in Brazil http://ht.ly/4Ivpx (http://ht.ly/4Ivpx)

SPX
04-27-2011, 07:30 PM
What the fuck? Now he wants to fight again?

And Matt Hughes would fuck him up a second time. He might as well avoid the embarassment. If he wants to fight, he should be asking for a fight with Shamrock or Severn or Sakuraba. What a fool.

MMA_scientist
04-27-2011, 10:22 PM
Royce just wants another pay day... go away Royce.

poopoo333
05-03-2011, 09:01 AM
Paulo Thiago vs. David Mitchell Added to UFC 134: Rio (http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/5/2/2150411/paulo-thiago-vs-david-mitchell-added-to-ufc-134-rio)

SPX
05-03-2011, 11:28 AM
Shit, it's been so long since Thiago last fought that I just kind of forgot his ass.

poopoo333
05-05-2011, 08:42 PM
Rousimar Palhares vs. Alexandre "Cacareco" Ferreira at UFC 134: Rio (http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/5/5/2155576/rousimar-palhares-vs-alexandre-cacareco-ferreira-at-ufc-rio)

Where do you guys predict the line going for Griffin/Rua? I am going to bet Griffin for sure

Luke
05-05-2011, 09:23 PM
Rousimar Palhares vs. Alexandre "Cacareco" Ferreira at UFC 134: Rio (http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/5/5/2155576/rousimar-palhares-vs-alexandre-cacareco-ferreira-at-ufc-rio)

Where do you guys predict the line going for Griffin/Rua? I am going to bet Griffin for sure

Imo it might get a little higher but I dont think it'll move that much either way

poopoo333
05-08-2011, 05:39 PM
Griffin up to +180

Ludo
05-08-2011, 11:47 PM
I like that matchup for Paul Harris.

poopoo333
05-11-2011, 12:04 AM
Breaking: Maiquel Falcão cut by the UFC By Guilherme Cruz
Photo UFC

Maiquel Falcao made his UFC debut with a win over previously undefeated Gerald Harris and was set to fight Tom Lawlor at UFC Rio, but he’s no longer a UFC fighter anymore. According to his manager Marcelo Brigadeiro, who sent an open letter to TATAME.com minutes ago, the promotion decided to end his contract due to some legal problems, when he got in a fight at his hometown, in 2002.

“Good night everyone,

We’ve received an e-mail from Joe Silva yesterday saying that the UFC decided to end Maiquel Falcão’s contract. They decided to do that because of some legal problems Maiquel got involved recently.

I decided to communicate you because of the respect we have with Maiquel’s fans. I always worked in a honest and clear way about everything, and wouldn’t act that way in this situation.

This news got us by surprise and let us very shocked, mainly after we signed to fight at UFC Rio. Anyway, we’re very grateful for everything the UFC have done for Maiquel and we believe we go out in a good way.

Besides the sadness, we respect UFC’s decision and hope to return to the biggest event on the planet soon. I think this type of thing happen to make us think about a lot of things, to learn and move on, and you can be sure that Maiquel Falcão will move on.

I’m already in talks with other national and international promotions and you will soon watch Maiquel in action again.

Thanks for all of you that followed and cheered for Falcão at his short career at the Ultimate Fighting Championship.

For more details, visit www.prime-fighters.com (http://www.prime-fighters.com/).

Marcelo Brigadeiro”

http://www.tatame.com/2011/05/10/Breaking--Maiquel-Falcao-cut-by-the-UFC

SPX
05-11-2011, 12:10 AM
What the fuck?

That's disappointing. I was really curious to see what that monster would do in the UFC.

edman5555
05-11-2011, 09:55 AM
Yeah I have been waiting for months to bet on that guy. I am not happy.

trotterz
05-11-2011, 11:04 AM
Yeah I have been waiting for months to bet on that guy. I am not happy.

He is a monster ... be he could make you loose a fight anytime by beeing disqualified. He seems to loose his head when he is fighting. I would not be surprise to see him knee the head of a down opponnent or something like that. Just like Gilbert Yvel or Badr hari, if you understand what I mean. Seeing his videos from pevious fights before beeing in the UFC. For a couple of them, he would have been disqualified with the ufc refferrees and rules

edman5555
05-11-2011, 12:01 PM
Really? What kind of stuff did he do?

trotterz
05-11-2011, 02:16 PM
Really? What kind of stuff did he do?

some stuff like soccer kicks, kicking a downed opponent. Once the reff asked both fighters to stop so he could asked them to stand up. The fighter on the bottom stoped to get up, but Falcao on top did,nt want to stop and he continued to pound the guy while he was not defeating. littles things like that. in the smaller organisations the reff was only giving him a warning and thats it, but it the ufc, I am not sure if would be the same. I tried find again the video that I am talking about but can't find them anymore. I saw those videos months ago when he was going to fight harris.

poopoo333
05-11-2011, 02:27 PM
One time in Brazil, he literally took his opponents pants off in the middle of the ring, and started to fuck him right in the ass. Since it was in Brazil, he only got a point deduction.

Thewisemann
05-11-2011, 04:58 PM
You guys need therapy.

Ludo
05-11-2011, 06:06 PM
One time in Brazil, he literally took his opponents pants off in the middle of the ring, and started to fuck him right in the ass. Since it was in Brazil, he only got a point deduction.

So thats where X went before Utah. This explains alot.

SPX
05-11-2011, 06:29 PM
Oh, you guys. . .

Luke
05-11-2011, 07:34 PM

You guys need therapy.

::lmao::::lmao::::lmao::

poopoo333
05-15-2011, 11:48 PM
Apparently Nog is supposed to be fighting Schaub.

poopoo333
05-16-2011, 01:39 PM
Apparently Nog is supposed to be fighting Schaub.

..and it's official:

UFC confirms Brendan Schaub vs. "Big Nog" at UFC 134 in Brazil (http://mmajunkie.com/news/23617/ufc-confirms-brendan-schaub-vs-big-nog-at-ufc-134-in-brazil.mma)

trotterz
05-16-2011, 02:23 PM
..and it's official:

UFC confirms Brendan Schaub vs. "Big Nog" at UFC 134 in Brazil (http://mmajunkie.com/news/23617/ufc-confirms-brendan-schaub-vs-big-nog-at-ufc-134-in-brazil.mma)
I love that match up

Ludo
05-16-2011, 05:10 PM
All in on Schaub.

Mr. IWS
05-16-2011, 06:03 PM
After this, will Schaub ask for Mark Coleman?

poopoo333
05-16-2011, 06:19 PM
Naw, probably ken shamrock

Luke
05-16-2011, 06:51 PM
I was thinking he'd ask for Mark Kerr next

SPX
05-16-2011, 07:27 PM
Kerr's a beast. Schaub would die.

Luke
05-16-2011, 07:57 PM
Kerr's a beast. Schaub would die.

maybe 10 years ago

poopoo333
05-16-2011, 08:23 PM
Is Nog really that shot? I mean he lost to Cain Velasquez anf Frank Mir, not the worst people to get beat by.

edman5555
05-16-2011, 08:41 PM
I don't know the answer. I do know that if nog can't take him down he is getting beat. Schaub has pretty solid standup with powerful strikes and nog has looked like shit in the standup department for a long time. If it goes to the ground though, Nog can def tap him out. Toss up in my opinion. Who knows how healthy Nog will be, he prob just wants to get on the Rio card because he is Brazilian. They were saying he wasn't going to be healthy enogh. I wouldn't be suprised if he is pushing the limits of his health just to fight in the first brazilian UFC.

edman5555
05-16-2011, 08:42 PM
I kinda favor Schaub. I am amazed I am saying that, but I am.

Luke
05-16-2011, 08:51 PM
Is Nog really that shot? I mean he lost to Cain Velasquez anf Frank Mir, not the worst people to get beat by.

He was being dominated by Tim Sylvia ........yes Timmy....... until he pulled off a miracle sub and his only other win in the past 3.5 years is Couture ,nuff said. He just had knee surgery,both hips repaired ,been out 15+ months and hasnt looked good in 4 years , I'd consider that shot

edman5555
05-16-2011, 09:07 PM
He was being dominated by Tim Sylvia ........yes Timmy....... until he pulled off a miracle sub and his only other win in the past 3.5 years is Couture ,nuff said. He just had knee surgery,both hips repaired ,been out 15+ months and hasnt looked good in 4 years , I'd consider that shot

Yeah, thats about right. Schaub should win. I wouldn't be suprised to see a knockout.

poopoo333
05-16-2011, 09:20 PM
Yeah Luke, I wasn't even really thinking about all the injuries he has been dealing with. You have a point.

Luke
05-16-2011, 09:55 PM
Yeah Luke, I wasn't even really thinking about all the injuries he has been dealing with. You have a point.

I was looking at his wiki page yesterday when you mentioned the fight that's the only reason the injuries were fresh in my mind

Mr. IWS
05-17-2011, 08:32 AM
He was being dominated by Tim Sylvia ........yes Timmy....... until he pulled off a miracle sub

ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

I had Timmeh that night.

MMA_scientist
05-17-2011, 09:12 AM
Schaub definitely has to be favored, Nog is shot. He will have to pull off a miracle again to win that IMO. But it is Nog in Rio, so it could happen. Schaub annoys the piss out of me for some reason. And Nog is one of my favorite fighters, so I really hate this matchup. I want to see Schaub fight someone legit and healthy instead of a long string of has-beens.

edman5555
05-17-2011, 01:13 PM
I wonder what the line will be. I bet schaub will be a slight underog. Maybe +170.

poopoo333
05-17-2011, 01:56 PM
I wonder what the line will be. I bet schaub will be a slight underog. Maybe +170.

Doubt it.

MMA_scientist
05-17-2011, 01:57 PM
I think Schaub will be the favorite, and I won't be surprised to see him at -200 or more at some point.

edman5555
05-17-2011, 02:23 PM
Think so? I thought Big nog would get a little more respect.

edman5555
05-17-2011, 02:30 PM
He def has a good chance if it goes to the ground. He can tap that kid out. He swept Randy and put him in some bad positions. In the stand up, he is toast.

MMA_scientist
05-17-2011, 02:40 PM
The Schaub/Cro Cop fight was close until the KO... really, Cro Cop was kind of winning. I don't think Schaub is some grat striker... around I won't be surprised at all if Nog wins. I just don't expect it. I think all teh wars had a real toll on Nog and now he is washed up. I mean it was 3 years ago that Nog got beat down by Mir... but only about 18 months ago Schaub was getting KO'd by Roy. But then again Randy dropped Nog a couple times IIRC. Anyway, I think it could really go either way

edman5555
05-17-2011, 02:47 PM
I think Nog dropped Randy IIRC.

edman5555
05-17-2011, 02:47 PM
Who knows, maybe Nog will be rebuilt like Robocop. I doubt it. Though that would be cool. RoboNog.

SPX
05-17-2011, 02:51 PM
I just can't believe that nigga's only 34.

edman5555
05-17-2011, 02:54 PM
Thats RoboNigga.

Ludo
05-17-2011, 02:59 PM
The Schaub/Cro Cop fight was close until the KO... really, Cro Cop was kind of winning. I don't think Schaub is some grat striker... around I won't be surprised at all if Nog wins. I just don't expect it. I think all teh wars had a real toll on Nog and now he is washed up. I mean it was 3 years ago that Nog got beat down by Mir... but only about 18 months ago Schaub was getting KO'd by Roy. But then again Randy dropped Nog a couple times IIRC. Anyway, I think it could really go either way

Other way around. Randy got dropped a couple times and got outstruck from bell to bell by Minotauro. Schaub may have gotten cut down by Nelson but we've seen that Nelson carries serious power behind his hands. Schaub has looked good lately with his speed and explosiveness in his hands. His sprawl is decent as well. Minotauro may not be able to get close enough without getting blown up here.

MMA_scientist
05-17-2011, 04:01 PM
I will have to watch Nog/Randy again. If Nog did not get dropped he definitely got clipped a few times himself, though I do remember him getting the better of it. I think Schaub will be able to stuff any takedowns personally and I think he will outstrike Nog and win a decision or KO. I think Nog pulled half guard on Timmeh? Or maybe Timmeh dropped him and followed him down... I just remember Nog used a half guard sweep that I like a lot to get on top and then grabbed a guillotine.

Mr. IWS
05-17-2011, 04:16 PM
I remember then getting into some nice exchanges, but Nog always got the better of it. He ate all of Randy's punches.

Mr. IWS
05-17-2011, 04:16 PM
Thats RoboNigga.

LMAO

Luke
05-17-2011, 06:21 PM

? I take Schaub if you're giving me +170

I thought NOG dominated Randy ......sigh ...........I was on Randy in that fight

Edit : i think Schuab will be around -250

edman5555
05-17-2011, 10:07 PM
nog did dominate him. Randy may have had his moments but Nog was the clear winner. Randy is pretty small though, smaller than Nog. Schaub should be bigger and stronger than nog. I also think Nog is going to be somewhat out of shape/injured for this. Not for sure, but a definite possibility. All these brazilians want to get onto the brazilian card, big nog is no exception. I am sure he will push the envelope as far as rehab goes in order to fight on this card. It is historic.

SPX
05-17-2011, 10:10 PM
The thing is that if you lose then you get embarrassed in front of your countrymen on this historic occasion. Maybe they don't care, though.

edman5555
05-17-2011, 10:11 PM
The thing is that if you lose then you get embarrassed in front of your countrymen on this historical occasion. Maybe they don't care, though.

yeah i was thinking about that. I kinda want nog to win for that reason.

SPX
05-17-2011, 10:18 PM
Well I would for damn sure love to see Nog pull it off. I just doubt it will happen.

poopoo333
05-17-2011, 10:48 PM
Nog by armbar @ 4:59 of round 3

Mr. IWS
05-18-2011, 08:28 AM
Ill probably be on Schaub here now as well. As mentioned previously, Long Layoff + multiple surgeries + Nog being 70 years old it just seems to obvious. I just hate that its in Brazil.

poopoo333
05-25-2011, 09:59 PM
Welterweight Mike Swick returns against Erick Silva at UFC 134 in Brazil (http://mmajunkie.com/news/23733/welterweight-mike-swick-returns-against-erick-silva-at-ufc-134-in-brazil.mma)

Mr. IWS
05-26-2011, 08:56 AM
inb4swickpullsout

poopoo333
05-28-2011, 02:56 PM
http://www.bestfightodds.com/fights/4001.png (http://www.bestfightodds.com)

Thewisemann
05-28-2011, 04:27 PM
This will be a no bet for me. Schaub is overrated and Nog is shot.

poopoo333
06-16-2011, 11:47 AM
http://i54.tinypic.com/2uzw6qb.jpg

http://i53.tinypic.com/nnv9e9.jpg

http://a.yfrog.com/img620/1341/oonfoq.jpg

poopoo333
06-16-2011, 01:31 PM
Forrest is huge compared to Shogun.

poopoo333
07-03-2011, 10:54 AM
4u on Forrest Griffin @+180

Vandelay
07-03-2011, 11:07 AM
http://www.bauerphoto.com/portfolio/portpics/mBurningMoneyBrown.jpg

Mr. IWS
07-03-2011, 12:06 PM
http://www.bauerphoto.com/portfolio/portpics/mBurningMoneyBrown.jpg

BOL

poopoo333
07-03-2011, 01:23 PM
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t169/Inspectorchao/Mauricio%20Shogun%20Rua/GRIFFINCHOKESHOGUN.gif

Vandelay
07-03-2011, 02:36 PM
http://cageradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/4830-Shogun_Hospital.jpg

Luke
07-03-2011, 02:41 PM
^^^^^nice vandelay

poopoo333
07-03-2011, 02:43 PM
Did Shogun have a knee injury against Jones as well? He was exhausted after one exchange and one takedown from the clinch. Shogun is one of my favorite fighters, but he clearly (in my opinion) has a problem with bigger guys that push the pace and force a fast paced fight with grappling: Shogun gassed in Forrest Griffin fight, Mark Coleman fight, and Jon Jones fight.

SPX
07-03-2011, 02:49 PM
I think Shogun's knee is like Bowles' hand. It's always fucked up.

poopoo333
07-03-2011, 02:54 PM
I'm not saying Forrest is definitely going to win or anything but in my opinion, Forrest has a way better chance than the line indicates. I won't be surprised to see Shogun KTFOing Forrest and seeing Forrest cry again either. I might even hedge that bet with Shogun by (T)KO. Hedging DHK with Condit inside the distance last night saved my ass

edman5555
07-03-2011, 03:21 PM
Did Shogun have a knee injury against Jones as well? He was exhausted after one exchange and one takedown from the clinch. Shogun is one of my favorite fighters, but he clearly (in my opinion) has a problem with bigger guys that push the pace and force a fast paced fight with grappling: Shogun gassed in Forrest Griffin fight, Mark Coleman fight, and Jon Jones fight.

he hurt his knee in the first round. At least that is what I read.

Thewisemann
07-03-2011, 04:07 PM
I'll be on Griffin Dec

Mr. IWS
07-04-2011, 09:11 AM
I think Shogun's knee is like Bowles' hand. It's always fucked up.

Pretty much sums it up right there.

Luke
07-06-2011, 07:20 PM
Dan Miller vs. Rousimar Palhares Added to UFC 134, 11 Fights Confirmed for Brazil - http://5thRound.com/1lz (http://5thround.com/1lz)

Preliminary Bouts:
Dan Miller vs. Rousimar Palhares
Antonio Carvalho vs. Yuri Alcantara
Paulo Thiago vs. David Mitchell
(Spike TV 8PM ET/5PM PT)
Mike Swick vs. Erick Silva
Spencer Fisher vs. Thiago Tavares
Main Bouts:
(Pay-Per-View 9PM ET/6PM PT)
Stanislav Nedkov vs. Luiz Cane
Brendan Schaub vs. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira
Ross Pearson vs. Edson Barboza
Mauricio “Shogun” Rua vs. Forrest Griffin
Yushin Okami vs. Anderson Silva (UFC Middleweight Champion)

poopoo333
07-06-2011, 07:30 PM
miller wins that one imo

SPX
07-06-2011, 07:39 PM
Are you being serious?

poopoo333
07-06-2011, 07:40 PM
Yep.

Luke
07-06-2011, 07:41 PM
Are you being serious?

Yeah.......Don't agree either

SPX
07-06-2011, 07:42 PM
I think Palhares will be too strong for him.

flyinggogoplata
07-06-2011, 07:42 PM
well jiu-jitsu is fake so yeah miller wins.

Luke
07-06-2011, 07:55 PM
well jiu-jitsu is fake so yeah miller wins.

No no you got it all wrong ......BJJ isnt fake , BJJ doesnt work

flyinggogoplata
07-06-2011, 08:02 PM
they do bjj in the WWE it's fake.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8N3zRXe8Ngw

Luke
07-06-2011, 08:07 PM
^^^^I think he did that same move in Wresltmania this year .............you missed a hell of a thread

SPX
07-06-2011, 08:35 PM
He did. That's how he beat Triple H.

And yes, epic thread. We'll have to do that again.

MMA_scientist
07-07-2011, 09:52 AM
Miller is a bjj based fighter too though, so it is possible that their bjj skills will both not work, cancelling out the negative energy of bjj in general, and possibly creating a positive submission life force. Palhares by career halting heel hook. I think Miller is live here, because Palhares gasses out and Miller is a grinder and pretty difficult to submit.

poopoo333
07-07-2011, 09:55 AM
I think Miller is live here, because Palhares gasses out and Miller is a grinder and pretty difficult to submit.

Yep.

flyinggogoplata
07-07-2011, 09:56 AM
i just see miller giving away a decision somehow. Kind of dumb i know. If he's over +200 i would play him as a dog

poopoo333
07-14-2011, 10:56 PM
Big Nog needs Weight Watchers

http://cdn0.sbnation.com/fan_shot_images/204938/H7NdR.png

SPX
07-14-2011, 10:57 PM
Fat bastard.

AC88
07-15-2011, 01:21 AM
Remember Big Nog on TUF? That guy gets really fat between fights.

poopoo333
07-15-2011, 10:34 AM
http://www.cdn.sherdog.com/thumbnail_crop/600/_images/pictures/20110711122746_IMG_3697.JPG

MMA_scientist
07-15-2011, 11:12 AM
Nog went out and got all tatted up during his layoff. That probably means he will lose his comeback fight. Jacare is training with Silva too. That means that Silva is going to take it as a personal affront when Jacare fights him.

I want Jacare/Sonnen for #1 contender. I would push all in on Jacare.

poopoo333
07-15-2011, 11:32 AM
Wow you actually think Jacare will get through Rockhold?

SPX
07-15-2011, 11:41 AM
You don't?

edman5555
07-15-2011, 12:46 PM
I hope thats a joke.

edman5555
07-15-2011, 12:47 PM
I am amazed they are even letting Rockhold fight him. That shows you how few guys they have in strikeforce 185.

edman5555
07-15-2011, 12:48 PM
And he is only -335. This reminds me of the time Overeem fought Duffee and people thought Duffee had a chance. Reem opened at like -385.

MMA_scientist
07-15-2011, 12:55 PM
Rockhold is good though. He has won every fighut in the first round. I definitely give him a chance against Jacare, but it is a lot of speculation. Rockhold is tough to take down, and I think his reach will give him an edge in the striking department. Rockhold is kind of a beast.

BUt he has been out with injuries for a while now, this is not a great fight for a tune up.

edman5555
07-15-2011, 01:00 PM
I havent seen him fight. All I know about him is he wrestled for a short time at Community College and dropped out. Then he picked up BJJ and is currently at a brown belt. Most of his wins in his short career are by submission and he is coming in off a long layoff. He sounds most likely a grappler that is somewhat inexperienced in MMA. < Jacare.

MMA_scientist
07-15-2011, 02:17 PM
Yeah, he is not really a straight up grappler though. He is very large for MW, and he throws a lot of knees and clinches. His ground won't be up to Jacare's level, but he is probably better standing. He is not a wrestler at all, he is not going to try to take Jacare down. He is more like Cerrone or Diaz, where he wants to stand, but if you take him down, or he knocks you down, he will jump on the submission.

Luke
07-15-2011, 02:25 PM
I havent seen him fight. All I know about him is he wrestled for a short time at Community College and dropped out. Then he picked up BJJ and is currently at a brown belt. Most of his wins in his short career are by submission and he is coming in off a long layoff. He sounds most likely a grappler that is somewhat inexperienced in MMA. < Jacare.

Serious question and don't take offense cause I don't mean anything by it but how can you say someone has no chance if you've never seen them fight?

SPX
07-15-2011, 02:26 PM
I was curious about that myself. . .

poopoo333
07-15-2011, 02:46 PM
You don't?

I hope thats a joke.

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110630031635/dragonball/images/7/73/Trollface.png

Mr. IWS
07-15-2011, 04:33 PM
Serious question and don't take offense cause I don't mean anything by it

Bulzorz

SPX
07-15-2011, 04:44 PM
Bulzorz

Yeah, I was like, This nigga's making sure to lay out a full disclaimer before saying anything that could even remotely be perceived as offensive.

edman5555
07-15-2011, 08:11 PM
Serious question and don't take offense cause I don't mean anything by it but how can you say someone has no chance if you've never seen them fight?

I just based it on the fact that he had a grappling background and 5 of his 7 wins came by submission. Maybe he dropped them with punches first, I don't know. To sum it up, he appeared to be an average grappler fighting an extraordinary grappler. I should probably watch some video on this before I place a bet though. Good thing I come to IWS.

edman5555
07-15-2011, 08:17 PM
lukes opponents records are as follows starting with his first fight: (W) 7-5, (L) 3-1, (W) 5-11, (W) 6-2, (W) 3-3, (W) 11-5, (W) 19- 6 jesse taylor from tuf, (W) 15-2 and a 170 pounder. His record is respectable and so is his 1st round stoppage of Taylor but he is still very very green. I think he will have a hard time with Jacare. I hope Jacares line improves.

SPX
07-15-2011, 08:26 PM
Jacare's line is likely to only get worse. But I seriously doubt that Rockhold beats him. Jacare should simply be a better fighter who is just one step ahead.

Luke
07-16-2011, 01:37 AM
Yeah, I was like, This nigga's making sure to lay out a full disclaimer before saying anything that could even remotely be perceived as offensive.

I dont want people telling me to kill myself anymore

Luke
07-16-2011, 01:41 AM
I just based it on the fact that he had a grappling background and 5 of his 7 wins came by submission. Maybe he dropped them with punches first, I don't know. To sum it up, he appeared to be an average grappler fighting an extraordinary grappler. I should probably watch some video on this before I place a bet though. Good thing I come to IWS.

I don't remember a lot about Rockhold off the top of my head so I really cant say anything without watching some videos.

Poopoo ..........get them videos up

SPX
07-16-2011, 02:00 AM
I dont want people telling me to kill myself anymore

Automatic ban on anyone who does that again.

MMA_scientist
07-16-2011, 08:06 AM
Automatic ban on anyone who does that again.

Wait, does this rule only apply to luke? Direct me to the post where this went down because I missed were Luke was in a e-fight recently.

SPX
07-16-2011, 12:34 PM
Wait, does this rule only apply to luke? Direct me to the post where this went down because I missed were Luke was in a e-fight recently.

It was a little while back. It's over now. People apologized. All is well.

poopoo333
07-16-2011, 11:12 PM
Anybody really like Barboza over Pearson? I kind of do. Barboza was getting out worked in round 2 and 3 against Njokuani, but Njokuani has more length and a diverse striking game compared to Pearson imo. I think Barboza's striking will probably be on another level than Pearson's, and I think he will be able to avoid any danger in the grappling department. Barboza apparently had a broken hand or something of that sort a few weeks before the Njokuani fight so he couldn't fight at 100%. Also, Barboza is training with some really good guys to work with him with his grappling.

"I'm training striking with coach Ouali and my partners Luis Cane and Marlon Moraes," he said. "I've been training jiu-jitsu and grappling with big names like Eduardo Guedes, Rafael Chaves, Pablo Popovitch, Roberto Cyborg {Abreu) and Vagner "Ceara" Rocha, and also I'm training wrestling at Imperial Gym. I'm doing my strength and conditioning with Joe Mullings. So I'm working all of MMA points for that fight because I want to be able to work standing up and on the ground in this fight."

SPX
07-16-2011, 11:21 PM
I think Barboza will win.

This is one of those weird fights where the line is hard to determine. I don't even know who will be the underdog.

Vandelay
07-16-2011, 11:38 PM
Barboza injured his knee prior to the njoukuani fight.

poopoo333
07-16-2011, 11:39 PM
Barboza will be the favorite. Not sure how much of a favorite though. Probably open at -200ish or worse.

Also, anybody have thoughts on Luiz Cane/Stanislav Nedkov? I really think Cane is going to beat him, probably pretty easily. I would take him up to -300

poopoo333
07-16-2011, 11:40 PM
“We were almost gonna pull Edson from that fight, because he had really injured his hand about three and a half weeks ago during a training incident,” Joe Mullings, Barboza’s manager and owner of Jupiter, Fla., gym The Armory (http://www.sherdog.com/fightfinder.php?search=yes&association=The%20Armory), told Sherdog.com on Sunday. “He hit an overhand right and caught the top of somebody’s head, and it really bruised the top of the hand bad.”

However, Mullings asserted that the damaged paw was a secondary concern to a serious leg injury Barboza sustained while preparing for his sophomore Octagon outing.

“About six weeks ago, he blew out his right leg in a training situation,” said Mullings. “We were training and he kicked one of his training partners who had shin pads on. The guy grabbed his leg, ‘Junior’ went to turn out of it and his knee stayed in place, and the shin rotated. He dropped to the ground like a ton of bricks and he’s been in rehab literally six days a week since then. He had not thrown a kick in six weeks.”

poopoo333
07-17-2011, 12:09 AM
Ok so I am trying to get a head start on all the UFC cards for now on...here is what I have so far

I already have 4u on Forrest Griffin. Schaub/Big Nog has too many ?s, but Schaub will probably unfortunately blast Nog. I might bet Okami if he hits +400.

For fights without lines, I plan on taking Barboza up to -225, Cane up to -300, and Dan Miller @+125 or better.

Does anybody have any thoughts on any of the other fights that I didn't mention? Or thoughts on the fights I did mention?

SPX
07-17-2011, 12:12 AM
I'm with you on most of that, but I really doubt that Miller wins. I'd probably take Paul Harris up to -200.

poopoo333
07-17-2011, 12:14 AM
I'm with you on most of that, but I really doubt that Miller wins. I'd probably take Paul Harris up to -200.

In my opinion, if Dan Miller makes it a competitive fight in round 1, he will take over in rounds 2 and 3.

SPX
07-17-2011, 12:19 AM
I just feel like Miller is one of those guys who does well against mid-level competition but can't handle anything above that. Neither guy has any big wins, but I think that Palhares at least has the potential to be something approaching a contender. Miller never will be, though.

Vandelay
07-17-2011, 12:24 AM
I already have 4u on Forrest Griffin

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-KvVA2ewqh-8/TcXiabl3CsI/AAAAAAAACac/ItfbZZJxq08/s400/losing%2Bmoney.jpg

SPX
07-17-2011, 12:26 AM
I'll say that while I do favor Shogun, I would not be surprised to see Forrest run away with it.

poopoo333
07-17-2011, 12:27 AM
Vandelay, how much you betting on Shogun?

SPX
07-17-2011, 12:28 AM
You should cum on his face while you're at it.

Thewisemann
07-17-2011, 12:34 AM
I'll be on Griffin Dec

Vandelay
07-17-2011, 12:49 AM
Let's see, fighting at home: check, Coming off a loss: check, forrest wrestling: awful. I think griffin can win, but it's a slim chance that basically hinges upon the fact that shogun gasses or gets injured during the fight. Ill throw enough to win 100 for sure, possibly 200

poopoo333
07-17-2011, 01:01 AM
Fighting at home: oh hey Sotiropolous @ UFC 127. oh hey Dan Hardy and John Hathaway @ UFC 120. oh hey Randy Couture @ UFC 102. oh hey Sam Stout @ UFC 113. oh hey Rory MacDonald @ UFC 115.

^^ all those guys were favored to win.

Coming off a loss: So?

Forrest wrestling awful: he took Franklin down 5 times, he took Shogun down whenever he wanted and got the better of the grappling all around, and he brought Rampage down and kept him there for an entire round. I think that little bit of wrestling/takedown ability is enough to put Shogun on his back and tire him out.

I really think this fight is close to even. If Shogun doesn't KTFO Griffin early, I think Griffin will outwork him for 15 minutes on the mat and tire Shogun out.

This fight is kind of win/win for me, because as a fan I really want to see Shogun win, I just don't think he will.

SPX
07-17-2011, 01:02 AM
Vandelay, how much you betting on Shogun?

Nice edit.

SPX
07-17-2011, 01:05 AM
Let's see, fighting at home: check, Coming off a loss: check, forrest wrestling: awful. I think griffin can win, but it's a slim chance that basically hinges upon the fact that shogun gasses or gets injured during the fight. Ill throw enough to win 100 for sure, possibly 200

Not sure what you mean about Forrest's wrestling being "awful." His wrestling is actually pretty solid. You'll have to explain that sentiment.

poopoo333
07-17-2011, 01:07 AM
Nice edit.

BOL!!!

Vandelay
07-17-2011, 10:52 AM
He never took down rampage, more like rampage dropped to his back when forest had a headlock. Most of the takedown against franklin were when forest caught a leg kick, and against shogun, I believe shogun initiated most of the grappling exchanges for some reason. Forest's takedowns are about as good as mir's. This is probably his best chance to win, but he didn't employ this gameplan against anderson.

Shogun hasn't fought in his home country since his third fight. Now if the ufc helf a card in brazil every couple of months, then it wouldn't factor in much, but this is the first time ever and i believe shogun will come in focused, prepared, and with the right gameplan to defeat forest.

And shogun has never lost back to back fights.

poopoo333
07-19-2011, 04:15 PM
http://www.bestfightodds.com/fights/3860.png (http://www.bestfightodds.com)

Opened @-260/-185

poopoo333
07-19-2011, 04:20 PM
3.75u on Barboza @-185

SPX
07-19-2011, 04:37 PM
I think that's a good bet. I wonder if his line is going to come back down.

I'd like to get him at -200 or better.

poopoo333
07-19-2011, 04:46 PM
-225 was my limit for this fight so I grabbed him @-185 right away. Barboza vs Pearson should be a pure striking match (if there is any grappling, I believe they are about equal there based on what we have seen) and I believe Barboza is the higher level striker. Barboza has an impressive background in muay thai, has a more diverse striking style compared to Pearson's basic kickboxing, and has displayed way better striking in the UFC.

SPX
07-19-2011, 04:52 PM
I agree.

poopoo333
07-21-2011, 05:46 PM
I'll be on Griffin Dec

Just opened @+520 on 5 dimes.

Thewisemann
07-21-2011, 09:22 PM
got it at +359 fuck. why do you like Cane so much?

poopoo333
07-21-2011, 09:34 PM
got it at +359 fuck. why do you like Cane so much?

Yeah I went ahead and dropped 1u on it @+520. I now have 5u on Forrest...this could be a bad event so I am going to look hard at the rest of the fights and hopefully hit a good "not by sub" parlay and cover a possible loss on Forrest.

I think Cane is the better striker and I don't think either guy has a huge grappling advantage. Nedkov also hasn't fought since May 2010. Nedkov seems pretty slow and sluggish as well, I just think Cane is going to be the quicker and overall better fighter. Do you (or anybody else) have any thoughts on this fight? I might be missing something.

Thewisemann
07-21-2011, 10:20 PM
I don't know shit about Nedkov

AC88
07-21-2011, 11:24 PM
Cane >>>>>>> Nedkov. I remember watching Nedkov vs. Kevin Randleman. Nedkov won a controversial split over a washed up Randleman which was not very long ago. Nedkov's last win was over a guy who made his MMA debut and he won by RNC in like 1 minute? lol. Cane's TDD defense and grappling seems to be solid because I never see the guy taken down or controlled by anyone he fights (maybe its just the matchups?). I'm all over Cane if he gets a decent line.

SPX
07-21-2011, 11:30 PM
TDD defense

T3D

AC88
07-22-2011, 12:02 AM
^ Whoops

SPX
07-22-2011, 12:12 AM
It's all good. I really delighted myself in coming up with the clever "T3D." So thanks.

(BTW, I'm using T3D from now on. Deal with it.)

AC88
07-31-2011, 03:13 PM
This is actually a great card for betting since we know all the fighters well. I am going to be all in on Schaub. I don't think Big Nog has anything for him except a crazy submission. I feel this is going to be a boxing match and Schaub is going to work Nog on the feet the whole fight up to a stoppage or decision. Problem is that the line I'm getting on Schaub right now is -230 :(. I hope someone can move it back to -200. And btw, those pictures of fatass Big Nog doesn't help his argument for winning this fight ONE bit.

About Shogun/Forrest? I saw a video of Shogun looking leaner and in better shape. That did play some tricks on my mind but I'm still taking Forrest. Shogun looking in better shape doesn't change the fact that Forrest still has big reach and size on Rua and way better conditioning. You don't catch up with someone like Forrest in conditioning in just a few months. Forrest at + odds is a gift to anyone who isn't fooled by name recognition.

I like Barboza and Cane but am thinking about parlaying them.

poopoo333
07-31-2011, 03:39 PM
Schaub/Big Nog is a tricky fight. I was originally going to bet Nog @ +200 or so, but Luke brought up Nog being out since UFC 110 and having like 1,000,000 hip surgeries in the last year.

poopoo333
08-01-2011, 02:58 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCaAj96_Yg4

MMA_scientist
08-01-2011, 03:28 PM
^^ I'd stake my life that Anderson is not training anywhere near that hard.

Anderson via KO.

Also, lol at teh size of Chael's tire compared to Yushins. Japanese have smaller everything.

poopoo333
08-01-2011, 03:35 PM
It would be hilarious if we ended up seeing Okami/Sonnen II for the MW championship.

Mr. IWS
08-01-2011, 04:06 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCaAj96_Yg4

fawkin cheater! Why the white man gotta grab the asian by the waste on that race they had?

poopoo333
08-04-2011, 11:45 PM
The Ultimate Fighting Championship announced that veteran welterweight Mike Swick has been forced to withdraw from his fight at UFC (http://www.mmainterplay.com/category/ufc-news/) 134 due to an undisclosed injury. Swick was scheduled to face newcomer Erick Silva. A replacement opponent for Silva is expected to be announced soon. Swick (14-4) is a veteran of Season 1 of The Ultimate Fighter. He had put together a four fight winning streak before hitting a two fight losing skid. Swick has not competed since being submitted by Paulo Thiago at UFC 109 in February 2010.

SPX
08-04-2011, 11:49 PM
Mike Swick . . . hmm . . .

Dude's got Sean Sherk syndrome.

Mr. IWS
08-05-2011, 08:36 AM
Mike Swick . . . hmm . . .

Dude's got Sean Sherk syndrome.

Keeps failing his home Roid test?

poopoo333
08-10-2011, 12:23 AM
Where do you guys see Schaub's line going?

Ludo
08-10-2011, 12:34 AM
Up up up. Nog coming off a long layoff. Not to mention the mid life crisis tattoos and the fact that he got fucking Anthony Johnson style big. Surgeries on top of Schaub already being a terrible style matchup will likely push the line up pretty far as we draw closer. Breadcrumbs.

poopoo333
08-10-2011, 01:05 AM
Yeah, I have a hard time seeing Nog winning this. He hasn't looked good in the UFC except against Couture, and we all know his deteriorating brain/chin/hip/skin from his 1,000 staph infections/new found fatness isn't going to help him. Schaub is going to be quicker and more athletic fighter. Nog is more of a plodder when striking, and Schaub moves around a lot and throws some heavy and fast punches. Nog is going to have the whole "I'm in Brazil and I will submit him" mentality and will work all fight to get a TD (imo Nog telegraphs his TDs) and I don't think these TDs will work, especially since Schaub will most likely be fighting from a distance. Nog will also probably try and pull guard. It really comes down to how Schaub is on the ground and whether or not he will stay composed. I got this feeling from the Cro Cop fight that Schaub doesn't like to be "in a fight" if you know what I mean...I guess I am saying I don't think he likes getting hit very much. But I am not sure if Nog will be the guy to expose that.

I am thinking about going big on Schaub...anybody riding together dying together here?

sideloaded
08-10-2011, 01:18 AM
-200 is a gift should be -350

AC88
08-10-2011, 01:40 AM
I'm so convinced that Schaub will win that I am willing to put down a MAX BET on Schaub as long as someone else on IWS does it. Otherwise I will probably do half a max bet. Kthxbai.

Ludo
08-10-2011, 02:44 AM
I'm on Schaub to win a unit and I also have him in a parlay with Barboza. If his line keeps I may play for another half unit(pretty much My "max rule" on a single fighter having the sized roll I do). Minotauro isn't the guy to expose Schaubs not liking to be hit back or pressed. That kind of thing isn't going to happen unless he fights a Mitrione or Barry type fighter, over anyone else at that position in the division(mid tier 12-20 type ranking guys) because he is so fast. Minotauro's takedowns aren't great and he usually relies on pulling guard of getting followed to the ground when knocked down. I highly doubt Schaub goes anywhere near him if he's on his back.

Ludo
08-10-2011, 02:49 AM
I'm so convinced that Schaub will win that I am willing to put down a MAX BET on Schaub as long as someone else on IWS does it. Otherwise I will probably do half a max bet. Kthxbai.

If your looking to build a bankroll this is the kind of fight you want to go in on for sure. Minotauro has an out but guys with better takedowns have tried and failed at getting Schaub down to even begin to work for the out. Standing Schaub will probably pick him apart ala the Gonzaga fight. Working from outside with counters and kicks all night and there won't be a whole lot Rodrigo can do about it unless he finds a way to either drop Schaub or drag him down and keep him there.

My biggest question going into this fight is whether Minotauro's chin is shot at this point or if Cain really just hit him that hard with the combo. Personally I don't think his chin is Chuck Liddell bad just yet but it's the rest of his body at this point that is also in question. Surgeries, multiple injuries, staph infections galore and now he looks like he let himself go something awful during this layoff and it all kind of points to "disaster". I believe Minotauro might retire if he gets blown out here.

edman5555
08-10-2011, 07:21 AM
Minotauro is also pushing his recovery to get on the Rio card. On the other hand I don't think his takedowns are that bad. I think he tripped Randy and took him down (IIRC which I may not). I know he reversed Randy on the ground, I remember that. Schaub should probably win though. Nogs only real chance to win is via sub IMO.

MMA_scientist
08-10-2011, 09:08 AM
If you are worried about, just bet on Schaub and hedge with Nog via submission. Sadly (very sadly) I think Nog is going down in flames here. I hold out hope though...

poopoo333
08-10-2011, 09:15 AM
Ludo...I think the blue print is to fight like how he did against Gonzaga as well. That was also over a year ago, and he is a prospect and only getting better.

Ed....IIRC I think Nog got Randy down by dropping him. I'll watch that fight again later.

poopoo333
08-10-2011, 09:17 AM
If you are worried about, just bet on Schaub and hedge with Nog via submission. Sadly (very sadly) I think Nog is going down in flames here. I hold out hope though...

That's what I was thinking. I think I will bet Schaub soon. If his line really gets out of control and Nog becomes a big dog, that will make the "Nog by sub" line better.

edman5555
08-10-2011, 09:38 AM
Even if nog can get Schaub down, I would not be suprised if he cannot easily sub him. I think he could have to get into pretty good position to hold him down too. Schaub is a big powerful guy that can probably just stand up if he wants to.

poopoo333
08-10-2011, 09:45 AM
Yeah, Nog was able to drag Herring down a lot @ UFC 73 and couldn't sub him. But then again Herring has only been subbed twice (once by Nog) in his 1,000 fights.

MMA_scientist
08-10-2011, 09:52 AM
I think Schaub may be able to get up some right off the takedown. But if he gets taken down and put into an inferior position, he won't be able to get up. It really depends how he gets down there and in what position. But yeah, Schaub is going to win, which pains me greatly.

edman5555
08-10-2011, 10:17 AM
exactly what i was thinking about the takedown. If nog gets his back or mount, Schaub is probably fucked. Anything else and he will be able to power up IMO.

poopoo333
08-10-2011, 10:33 AM
I am gonna end up betting big on Schaub. If Brazil has a good night and Nog and Shogun win, I am going to have a shitty night.

MMA_scientist
08-10-2011, 10:45 AM
That is my main issue. These overseas card are always full of surprises. Abu Dhabi, Australia, and the first UK card were all horrible for me. I am not betting against Nog, especially in Brazil. I am not betting against Anderson either, even though Okami has the right tools and line. You think Americans are bad when they chant USA, Brazilians are fucking crazy. They will fist fight you if you talk bad about Brazil, and many of them won't even pick against another Brazilian. I have to assume that the guys fighting will die in that cage before they lose to an American in Brazil.

edman5555
08-10-2011, 11:09 AM
Yeah Brazilians are pretty crazy. I assume they will be flying judges and refs in though. Big Nog is a lot more experienced than Schaub as well, and yes your right, he will fight to the death in this one. I won't be bet Schaub. His line is kinda crazy as is. -200? I am not willing to pay that. For all we know, Nog could show up looking better than he has in years. He is having a lot of surgeries to correct past problems..IF it is a big success it could show in his performance..All the pics of him with a belly might not even matter. When are those from? A few weeks ago? He could be in decent enough shape by fight time. Tough one to call. No bet.

poopoo333
08-10-2011, 11:14 AM
Another thing is that JDS said Big Nog is coming back too soon. Well, besides the other factors that have been brought up already, we forgot to mention ring rust. Nog hasn't fought since February 2010. Rashad kind of disproved ring rust but that was a rare occasion, at least he has been training for the majority of his layoff. Nog has been getting hip surgeries 60 year olds get.

edman5555
08-10-2011, 11:18 AM
yeah that is a good point. He will probably lose. Kind of stupid to fight IMO. He could just wait until the next Brazil card. Instead he will opt to get his ass kicked on tv.

MMA_scientist
08-10-2011, 11:28 AM
Yeah, I have little hope for Nog here. Even Nog is going to be unable to will himself to victory at some point, regardless of the stakes. But I am not going to bet it.

The only hitch is if Nog is just a better striker than Schaub. He hasn't looked it lately, but maybe there really was something wrong with him for Mir and Cain. In between those, he did outbox Randy.

edman5555
08-10-2011, 12:55 PM
Yeah that crossed my mind as well. It is kind of hard to rationalize a bet on either one of them.

Ludo
08-10-2011, 01:00 PM
He was also visibly faster than Randy. That played into it alot since Randy looked like a walking corpse in that fight and it sent him packing to 205. He won't be the faster fighter here against Schaub.

sideloaded
08-15-2011, 12:01 AM
if you are buried I sugest looking really closely at the Sheub fight. I'm thinking of hocking my car and going balls deep on CHeab here.

Luke
08-15-2011, 12:56 AM
if you are buried I sugest looking really closely at the Sheub fight. I'm thinking of hocking my car and going balls deep on CHeab here.

Matchbox car?

Vandelay
08-15-2011, 01:11 AM
I got a 25 to win 800 parlay that needs: not okami itd, not griffin itd, schaub-nog doesnt go the distance and jones-rampage doesnt go the distance. i think the schaub fight either ends in a schaub tko or nog sub. or at least i hope it ends that way.

SPX
08-15-2011, 01:12 AM
Anyone else thinks Fisher beats Tavares?

poopoo333
08-15-2011, 01:28 AM
Not really

SPX
08-15-2011, 01:32 AM
Yeah, that makes sense. I agree with your solid analysis.

sideloaded
08-15-2011, 01:34 AM
Matchbox car?

yep

edman5555
08-15-2011, 09:11 AM
I was thinking of making a big bet on Tavares. I think he will make it a in your face grappling match and wear Fischer out. He'll probably look to clinch and put him up against the fence, go for submissions. I think he is bigger and stronger as well. He also puts up a really really high pace. He is younger. Fischer will win if it is a kickboxing match but I can't imagine Tavares is going to let that happen. Fischer got tired striking with Pearson, though he did come out really hard in the first round.

MMA_scientist
08-15-2011, 09:38 AM
Agree that Tavares will beat Fisher. He has pretty solid takedowns and I think he will win a top control special.

edman5555
08-15-2011, 12:25 PM
I wonder what the line will be though. I think Tavares will prob open the fav.

MMA_scientist
08-15-2011, 01:25 PM
My guess is -180

SPX
08-15-2011, 01:45 PM
If Tavares is -180 then I will definitely be betting Fisher.