View Full Version : Bellator 48 August 20th

poopoo333
08-08-2011, 09:53 AM
MAIN CARD (MTV2)

Pat Curran vs. Marlon Sandro (featherweight-tourney finale)
Champ Cole Konrad vs. Paul Buentello (heavyweight non-title fight)
Seth Petruzelli vs. Ricco Rodriguez
Juan Barrante vs. Rene Nazare

PRELIMINARY CARD

John Clarke vs. Dan Cramer
Andrew Calandrelli vs. Matt Nice
Brett Oteri vs. Ryan Quinn
Nik Fekete vs. Mark Griffin
Saul Almeida vs. Tateki Matsuda

poopoo333
08-08-2011, 10:04 AM
I lean Sandro, but it's a tough fight to call.

Cole Konrad=lock

Ricco should be the Kimbo Killer.

Nazare and Barrantes are both grapplers. Nazare is a black belt, Barrantes is a brown belt.

Videos of Barrantes:

Him getting KTFO:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=op1ymU6RzJM

Him winning:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2rCWPuzSuw

Him winning again:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTPudQn_lB4

His website: http://www.juanbarrantes.com/

Vid of Nazar:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXl2O8FAfp0

Play by play of his fights in bellator:

Against Azeredo:

Round 1

Azeredo lands a leg kick and the two paw at each other with jabs from a distance. Nazare misses with a straight right hand and a pair of jabs. He's throwing a lot of straight punches and stalking Azeredo, making him circle around the cage.

Nazare lands a leg kick and tries to come over the top with a punch but it misses. Azeredo lands a leg kick and his corner cheers, but Nazare pushes him against the cage. Azeredo is trying to throw knees and apply a muay thai clinch but Nazare shurugs it off and swings for days throwing hard shots at the head and body. He lands a few of but they do little and Azeredo keeps moving.

Nazare comes in looking for underhooks but Azeredo is trying to clinch and knee again. Nazare lands a hard left from inside and won't let Azeredo off the cage. His opponent circles out and gets hit with a high kick. He taunts Nazare by sticking his tongue our and raising his arms but gets taken down moments laters. Nazare has his back but Azeredo works back to his feet.

Nazare has him in a body lock from behind. Azeredo trips his opponent's leg out from under him and bring it to the ground where he successfully sweeps Nazare but he doesn't stay on top for long. Nazare is back in control on top in an open half guard as Azeredo tries to hold on until the end of the round. Nazare lands a few punches before time expires.
Results
Rene Nazare def. Luiz Azeredo by TKO (Doctor Stoppage - broken hand, 5:00 Round 1).

Round 1

connects with a low kick, which is answered by a stiff right. Hackney locks up for a takedown after Nazare lands a combo, but Nazare defends and has Hackney against the fence. Nazare lands some knees and elbows as they break. Nazare's reach is overwhelming Hackney. Hackney goes for takdown but Nazare's defense is solid. They tie up and Nazare pushes the fight against the cage. Hackney starts to land some kicks then shoots in for takedown, but Nazare defends and lands a nice combination. Nazare then gets a takdeown and goes to full mount and gives up his back. Nazare goes for a rear-naked choke and coaxes a tap with 16 seconds left in the round.

Can't find the Nazare fights in Bellator on video because they were prelims

MMA_scientist
08-08-2011, 10:12 AM
Nik Fekete should win, he is the wrestler that was supposed to win the 205 tourney but instead got choked out via interted triangle.

Conrad is going to dominate. I looked at Nazare a while back for a different fight, the fight got changed... I need to go find that, because I can't remember anything about it now. I have already done the research on him though.

I don't know what to make of Sandro/Curran. I will probably stay away from that. Ricco will beat Seth, and I will probably bet it.

poopoo333
08-08-2011, 10:23 AM
Will Ricco make 205 though? He's been trying for like a year and always ends up fighting catchweights. I doubt it matters though, I'm just not sure if he will get drained from a bad cut. He fought @ 230 against that can at Shark Fights last month.

poopoo333
08-21-2011, 06:53 PM
I lost money on Sandro.

zY|
08-21-2011, 07:09 PM
Pat Curran is dangerous.

edman5555
08-21-2011, 07:30 PM
+2u on Cole Konrad.

SPX
08-21-2011, 09:19 PM
I lost money on Sandro.

Luke and I did, too. We both put like half a unit on him at + odds.

What's fucked up is that he was winning before the crazy ass KO.

Svino
08-22-2011, 04:26 PM
Luke and I did, too. We both put like half a unit on him at + odds.

What's fucked up is that he was winning before the crazy ass KO.

Yeah. I won a couple units on Curran, but I was giving them up for lost until the headkick. I felt pretty lucky.

SPX
08-22-2011, 04:51 PM
Yeah, I told Luke that "Curran by KO" was probably the least likely of all reasonable possibilities.

I figured Sandro could either win by decision or KO, but Curran's only real path to victory was via decision. I'm just glad I didn't put a full unit on him.

Mr. IWS
08-22-2011, 04:54 PM
I picked up 100 units on Konrad. True Story, ask X.

poopoo333
08-22-2011, 05:12 PM
I had 3.5u on Sandro. 2u on him @+107 and 1.5u on Nazare/Konrad/Sandro.

SPX
08-22-2011, 05:28 PM
I picked up 100 units on Konrad. True Story, ask X.

It's true.

SPX
08-22-2011, 05:29 PM
Speaking of Konrad, I'm proud of him for having a fight that didn't make me hate my life.

poopoo333
08-22-2011, 06:12 PM
Speaking of Konrad, I'm proud of him for having a fight that didn't make me hate my life.

I didn't watch it, but from what I have read, that fight sucked dick.

Svino
08-22-2011, 06:24 PM

I think his stock is going to go down after that. He probably won't be -600 next time around.

SPX
08-22-2011, 07:15 PM

I liked it better than seeing him lay on top of someone for three rounds.