PDA

View Full Version : Pro Elite makes Deal with Showtime and CBS

edman5555
08-08-2011, 04:46 PM
They have stock. It looks like it is publicly traded. I would like to buy some but I am too dumb to figure this out. I found it at 47 cents a share but I find quotes on it at Thestreet.com

Scientist, you know the most about this shit. I am trying to read about this. It looks like they could definetly make a comeback and at 47 cents a share it is worth buying some. Can you figure out what exchange it is on? DJIA?? With this big crash it might even lose more value. We can quite possibly get a good deal on this.

edman5555
08-08-2011, 04:47 PM
Shit. They are denying a deal. Damnit. I have no idea what to think.

edman5555
08-08-2011, 04:47 PM
Apparently Cage Potatoe is reporting this.

edman5555
08-08-2011, 04:53 PM
http://www.investinmma.com/proelite-stock-ready-for-a-comeback/

poopoo333
08-08-2011, 05:02 PM
I read that they were 0.0075 a stock or something this year...now it is up to 0.47.

edman5555
08-08-2011, 05:15 PM
yeah really. i wish i bought it then

edman5555
08-08-2011, 05:34 PM
I wonder if Nate Marquardt will end up going to pro elite? Apparently Bellator turned him down. I guess Kendall Grove and Andre Arlovski are there now.

edman5555
08-08-2011, 05:39 PM
Viacom also owns a stake in this company..

edman5555
08-08-2011, 05:51 PM
well i just signed up for an etrade account.

MMA_scientist
08-09-2011, 09:16 AM
It is s pink sheet. It is not traded on the major indices. The DJIA is not an actual index BTW.

You can but PELE on etrade right now for .47. This was at $10 a share a couple years ago, it spiked to $50 for like 5 minutes. It could definitely come back. It might be worth a roll of the dice at .47.

If you throw $200 bucks on it, you can get 425 shares. If it goes back to even $4, you will have $1700. Of course, it could easily lose its value as well.

All of that said, the news of the deal has already been incorporated into the value of the stock. It was at .03 last week. So it did a 10 bagger this week. You are basically expecting it to do another 10.

Anyway, logo on to etrade, go to the Trading and Portfolios tab, then click the Trade tab. Then type in PELE. Order type = Buy, Price type = Market Order, number of shares = total you want to spend / .47. Don't forget it costs $10 to place an order and $10 to sell.

MMA_scientist
08-09-2011, 09:19 AM
http://i813.photobucket.com/albums/zz51/bpilgrim/etradess.png

I took a screenshot for you.

edman5555
08-09-2011, 09:28 AM
Well I was thinking about dropping 1-2k on it. It would really be worth it if the stock dropped a little bit. Down to 30 cents or so. Who really knows if they will make a deal though.

So far I have read that both Viacom and Stratus Group own stock in this company. There was some talk that pro elite was in talks with showtime/cbs and was close to a deal. Viacom owns CBS as far as I know.

Strikeforce is disbanding most of its roster. Overeem is fired, Nick Diaz is coming to the ufc, Fedor is gone, Mayhem miller is in the ufc, Hendo could leave...I don't know how much time strikeforce has left on its contract with Showtime though. I would have to look that up. I don't know if Showtime would do both at the same time.

There are new people running pro elite now though, it's not the same guys. They also signed Kendall Grove, some olympic wrestler, and Andre Arlovski. They are apparently doing a show in Hawaii. I kinda want to wait for it to drop a little bit. Who knows if it will though. Maybe it will shoot up. I have no idea. I might buy a little now and see. Maybe buy some more.

MMA_scientist
08-09-2011, 10:14 AM
My main concern is that the information is already incorporated into the price, as I said, it went from .03 to .47 in a week. Last week would have been the time to buy. That said, no one else is following this stock and no one is going to have the insight into the MMA market like you do. Guys over at Merrill Lynch are not thinking about the fact that Fedor and Alistair are free agents now. So you are right, it could definitely take off if they get a TV deal signed. That said, if the TV deal falls through, I would expect to see it at .03 again, in which case you will be wiped out. Penny stocks are more like gambling than investing. You buy Walgreens and you know it is not ever going to go to .03. There is limited downside. But with a stock like this, it is more like taking a +1000 bet. It could lose, but it could win 10x your money.

poopoo333
08-09-2011, 10:52 AM
$200 for 425 shares...what does that mean? Say it goes up to $1...how much would it sell for?

MMA_scientist
08-09-2011, 11:02 AM
1 share is .47 cents. So if you had $200, you could buy 425 shares (200 / .47 = 425)

If it goes to $1, it would be worth $425 (425 shares at $1 each).

Shares price = market capitalization divided by outstanding shares. So if there are 1 million shares at .47. Then ProElite is "worth" $470,000. But it is much more complicated than that, but that is the rudimentary basics of what a stock is. Stock is ownership in a company, all of the ownership equals the market cap of the company.

MMA_scientist
08-09-2011, 11:08 AM
Last week, if Edman would have spent $2k on ProElite shares at .03 cents... he could have bought 66,666 shares. They are now going for .47 (actually .48 is the ask, so you can't but it cheaper than .48). But his 66,666 shares would now be worth $31,333. He would have done awesome. If it does actually go up to $4 share again (it was at $50 in 2007), his .03 shares would be worth $266,664. Not a bad return for $2k invested. And if it makes it back to $20, which is not unfathomable, his shares would be worth $1,333,320. Ed would be a millionaire.

But he didn't buy at .03. But you can see how these guys like Scott Coker get very rich. Because Coker had a lot more than $2k in.

But you can also see how the stock price of these small companies can be manipulated. Ed buys at .03. Then he goes on BE and makes an official announcement that ProElite has a tv deal (which they don't yet). The stock goes from .03 to .47. Ed sells. It doesn't take much to move the needle.

poopoo333
08-09-2011, 11:18 AM
Ok I am gonna go ask my mom for $200 brb

MMA_scientist
08-09-2011, 11:34 AM
But stocks go up all the time, it is very hard to predict what these small stocks are going to do. I did some research on it... There are 55.1 million shares. There are analysts on all three side, (Buy, Sell, Hold), most are saying hold. But you don't make money following the crowd. A bunch of shares were bough in July... so someone knew something. It is a definite gamble... but it has gone up 2% today. You have to have the stomach for it, but it could turn out. Like I said, I doubt anyone knows the market as well as we do. That said, I do not think they are viable long term. But who knows, there needs to be a strong #2, and maybe you can hang on and wait for them to get purchased by Zuffa.

poopoo333
08-09-2011, 11:58 AM
What stocks do you hold right now?

MMA_scientist
08-09-2011, 12:09 PM
I have about 30 stocks. My best stock right now is ContinueCare (CNU). I just bought Apple this morning because I have been wanting to buy it, but it took a price dip with the market so I grabbed it, it is expensive though $368 a share today. But it was at $400 a couple months ago. Everyone, almost everyone, agrees that Apple is a buy right now. A lot or people think it will double in the next 2 years. I am holding it for the long term. Stuff like CNU, I generally hold for 1 year (if a loss, I sell prior to the year, if a gain, I wait until just after 1 year to get teh long term capital gains tax instead of the hight short term tax). I have made 50% on CNU in a couple months. My worst is AFAM, which I have lost 40% on. I think it will come back though.

edman5555
08-09-2011, 12:34 PM
It looks like this company is gearing up for something solid.. They hired Rich Chou, former Strikeforce matchmaker. They also have Gary Shaw, he was/is a boxing promoter. The guy that is the head, T.J. something or whatever, is the former head of ICON sport. These guys have done shows before. IF Viacom really owns a large part of this company, they might have intentions for it. I don't know though, in one place I read that the company that bought Pro Elite got 95 percent of the shares. In other places I read that Viacom has 11 million of the shares. It is hard to tell. Regardless, these are the guys that also tried to buy STrikeforce a while back via ProElite. They made a 40 million dollar offer apparently. It seems to me like a gamble, but maybe a really good one. More than +1000 if it pays off. Closer to +30000.

MMA_scientist
08-09-2011, 01:31 PM
Just looking at the chart and the news releases, they look like they are planning on getting back into the fold. They also own Cage Rage. I don't know if they can get back to $20 per share. They had Kimbo before right and he was carrying that thing... maybe they can get Hershel Walker after Zuffa drops him. Although Overeem is the new Fedor, so, they might be able to get a big time fight if they can get Overeem.

edman5555
08-09-2011, 01:44 PM
Yes they are def planning something. Hard to tell what though. They have experienced guys and it sounds like they have cash. The two most important factors IMO.

My question is this. I read that Stratus group bought 95 percent of the shares. I also read that Viacom owns 20 percent of the shares. 95+20 = 115. WTF.

edman5555
08-09-2011, 01:45 PM
I have to wait until frickin friday until my Etrade account money transfer completes intself.

MMA_scientist
08-09-2011, 01:47 PM
That cannot be true, unless one bought first and the second bought some of those shares from the first. It really doesn't matter to you though. There are 55 million shares, and 35 million floating shares- there has been no insider activity in the last several months. That means that no one who runs the company has been purchasing or selling.

Nothing is going to change before Friday.

One thing I shoudl warn you about trading OTC stocks (pink sheets). There is not always a buyer out there at your price. With stocks on the indices, you press sell and it is sold within seconds. That is not necessarily true for OTC stocks. So when you go to sell, you might get partially filled at one price and then partially filled at another price or it ma just sit there for a while.

edman5555
08-09-2011, 01:53 PM
Also. If the price is at 48 cents(current) can you ask a lesser amount? That is the impression that I get. I saw todays trades and it spiked down to 37 cents at one point. I am thinking about putting in an order request to buy X amount of shares at 40 cents or something like that. See what happens.

sbjj
08-09-2011, 02:10 PM
Put a limit order for the day(or good til cancelled) for whatever price you want. Just DO NOT invest more than you are willing to lose. this thing can drop back to 3 pennies in a week.

MMA_scientist
08-09-2011, 02:11 PM
Yeah, you can ask for a lesser amount. Right now the bid is .37 and the ask is still .48. That probably means that it got partially filled at .37. Most of the time, it doesn't work, but it can. I have tried it many times and I have never been able to get a better price. I don't trade OTC stocks though, so it may be more common with those stocks where the total volume is lower.

sbjj
08-09-2011, 02:20 PM
Just put an order in for .38 to .40. And depending on the volume, you may get lucky(or unlucky) and get filled. I have a feeling you may be able to pick up a couple thousand shares at that price.

sbjj
08-09-2011, 02:22 PM
The fact that we are looking at 7700 shares as the volume is scary.

poopoo333
08-09-2011, 03:08 PM
hhh

ProElite 2.0, as Vice President of Fight Operations T.Jay Thompson (http://www.mmafighting.com/tag/TJayThompson/) likes to call it, is set to get back on track on Aug. 27 in Hawaii. The organization is looking to reinvent itself after crumbling in 2008 following Kimbo Slice's loss to Seth Petruzelli in Florida.

So with its first show in almost three years less than three weeks away, here are some news and notes about MMA's newest -- or not so new depending on how you view them -- kid on the block.

* Thompson vehemently denied a Cage Potato (http://www.cagepotato.com/exclusive-proelite-on-the-verge-of-a-new-deal-with-cbs-and-showtime/) report that the organization was close to signing a TV deal with Viacom to broadcast its events on CBS and Showtime in the near future.

"There is absolutely no truth to the report that we are close to a deal with CBS and Showtime," he said.

Thompson said they are talking to "everyone" in the TV world but stopped short at saying who was the frontrunner. The organization's Aug. 27 show will stream live on Sherdog.com, but Thompson hopes he will have a TV deal in place by the promotion's second show.

* Speaking of its second show, Thompson said "early November" in Atlantic City, N.J., is when ProElite's sophomore event will take place. No specific date or location has been finalized yet.

* One of the main attractions scheduled for the event will be the start of a heavyweight grand prix. But before you roll your eyes at the idea of another heavyweight GP, Thompson says this one will feature mostly "unknown" big men from around the world. Andrei Arlovski (http://www.mmafighting.com/fighter/andrei/arlovski/367/) and Mark Ellis, who are scheduled to fight in different bouts in Hawaii, could be a part of it if they win their debut fights.

"It will outperform whatever people are expecting," he said. "I'm very excited about that."

* Ticket sales for the Aug. 27 event at the Neal S. Blaisdell Center in Honolulu, HI, have been "strong," according to Thompson. The long-time promoter says he expects to sell at least 5,000 tickets to the event. A sellout would be approximately 7,800 fans.

* When asked about the recent Golden Glory free agents, Thompson said he was "very interested" in having Marloes Coenen (http://www.mmafighting.com/fighter/marloes/coenen/1429/) fight on the November show. And while he admitted that Alistair Overeem (http://www.mmafighting.com/fighter/alistair/overeem/808/) is probably out of his price range, he said Jon Olav Einemo (http://www.mmafighting.com/fighter/jon-olav/einemo/703/) could be the perfect fit for the aforementioned GP. According to Thompson, the lines of communication between himself and Golden Glory head trainer Martijn de Jong, who fought for Thompson in 2002, have just been opened. He sounded very excited at the prospect of signing Coenen.

* Don't expect any title fights in ProElite any time soon.

"I hate when events do world championship fights with no world championship fighters," he said.

That's not to say Thompson is down on the quality of his fighters, but he explained that he needs to build the fighters first before putting them in title fights. And if you followed Thompson back when he was promoting SuperBrawl and ICON Sport, you'll recall that title fights in those promotions were scarce.

poopoo333
08-09-2011, 03:16 PM
Apple is Oprah rich.

http://www.newsdaily.com/stories/tre7784rx-us-apple-exxon/

MMA_scientist
08-09-2011, 03:21 PM
^ Yeah, Apple is huge. But they keep doing shit to reinvent themselves. I usually don't buy Mega-cap companies, just because there is never any value, because they are super analysed. But with the market uncertainty, I wanted some stability... but Apple can still grow a lot. Apple and Visa are the only two large caps I own. I am a small cap guy. I believe in the small caps.

sbjj
08-09-2011, 03:28 PM
I sold an APPL 340 put yesterday(aug. 12 exp.) for 2.50(250 bucks). It is now a buck(I could sell for a 150 dollar profit), but as long as APPL stays above 340 this week I pocket the entire 250.00. if it drops below 340, I buy it for 340. Since I would not mind owning 100 shares of APPL, i look at it as a win-win. The only thing that sucks is that we are talking 34K to buy 100 shares of APPL.

sbjj
08-09-2011, 03:30 PM
Make that 80 cents for that put.

sideloaded
08-09-2011, 03:31 PM
How has the last week or so treated you guys invested in the stock market?

sbjj
08-09-2011, 03:33 PM
Scientist, you are spot on with AAPL. While other compnies are doing the same thing over and over. Or worse yet, trying to copy APPL products. APPL is continually on the cutting edge and pushing themselves. The only drawbacks I could see for APPL are 1. A complete Global meltdown(atually poss. IMO) or 2. Jobs dies.

sbjj
08-09-2011, 03:34 PM
How has the last week or so treated you guys invested in the stock market?

I am down at least 20%.

sbjj
08-09-2011, 03:37 PM
I was, and am, in the process of restructuring my portfolio. I recently bought VZ(Verizon) KO(Coke), and XOM(Exxon). Really can not take another 20% hit like this.

MMA_scientist
08-09-2011, 03:41 PM
I am down more than that, probably 25% or so. Because mostly I own small caps, they are more volatile, they go down more (but they also go up more).

But I am buying right now too. When the market turns quickly like it has all I do double down on companies I know are good. That is what I did with Apple and Visa.

In other times I generally try to buy small value companies. I don't trade a lot, I generally keep 20-30 stocks and turn them over once per year at 6 month intervals.

sideloaded
08-09-2011, 03:42 PM
yeah it seems crazy right now on cnbc, some guy said the Treasury is rising because its seen as a safe investment? Isn't the opposite true???

MMA_scientist
08-09-2011, 03:44 PM
I was, and am, in the process of restructuring my portfolio. I recently bought VZ(Verizon) KO(Coke), and XOM(Exxon). Really can not take another 20% hit like this.

I am talking about my "mad money" portfolio, basically my taxable account. In my IRA I have just have just have a target mutual fund. I also have a 401k now (new this year with my new firm) and I just own a 500 Index fund and nothing else. But in my brokerage which is what I play with, I have mostly small caps.

poopoo333
08-09-2011, 03:44 PM
How much money have you guys made doing this?

MMA_scientist
08-09-2011, 03:46 PM
yeah it seems crazy right now on cnbc, some guy said the Treasury is rising because its seen as a safe investment? Isn't the opposite true???

It is chicken little stuff. The market will be fine. It is always fine. I am 34, so I have 30 years to wait it out.

sbjj
08-09-2011, 03:48 PM

Even though S&P downgraded the US. We are still seen as the safest(are one of) places on earth. Think about it, if we do not pay are debt, who the F will? Europe? I think not. So all of the expret crap about interest rates rising after this downgrade was WRONG! Interest rates will fall further.

This shit is weird. In a few months, you may be able to get a 30 yr. mortgage for less than 4%...unheard of.

sbjj
08-09-2011, 03:52 PM

100% honesty here. i have lost alot in the market. I have carryover losses that may never fully be used. I have made more money on the fights, then I will ever be able to make in the stock market...BUT, my wife still looks at it as gambling, and for some reason looks at the stock market as investing. Even though I have proof that I MAKE money betting fights, and have LOST money in the market.

sbjj
08-09-2011, 03:52 PM

100% honesty here. i have lost alot in the market. I have carryover losses that may never fully be used. I have made more money on the fights, then I will ever be able to make in the stock market...BUT, my wife still looks at it as gambling, and for some reason looks at the stock market as investing. Even though I have proof that I MAKE money betting fights, and have LOST money in the market.

sideloaded
08-09-2011, 03:58 PM
sbjj and scientist thanks for the advice. I really like looking at this stuff.

edman5555
08-09-2011, 04:14 PM
The part that catches my eye is where he says they are looking at tv deals. If they make any kind of tv deal the price will go up.

poopoo333
08-09-2011, 04:16 PM
If I had the money I would want to buy some of these foreclosed houses and some land to sell later on. My Mom said when we moved to Florida 20 years ago, beach condos were REAL cheap and she regrets not buying one to rent/sell/whatever later on. But then again, it seems like you have to sell at the right time. She owns some land around our house that she bought 20 years ago, and it was up to a good amount of money and she even got an offer but she wants to hang onto it for awhile. Now that land is close to what she bought it for.

poopoo333
08-09-2011, 04:19 PM
Pro Elite's first show is going to be streamed on the internet @ 1:00 AM following UFC 134...they are supposedly doing a show in November so they must be trying to get a TV deal for that

sbjj
08-09-2011, 04:30 PM
You are right Poopoo. Right now if you have the money, rentals are the way to go. You can get a home(condo) for 50% of what it was years ago. Add on to that interest rates are at historic lows.

So you can buy a home orcondo for lets say 120K, you plunk down 25K and mortgage 95K of it. Your payment with taxes and insurance is probably like 800 bucks. but you can more than likely rent it for a grand or 1200 bucks. You have positive cash flow and someone is paying off that property for you. If you do that with 10 properties, all of a sudden you are living off that cash flow. And in 20 years you are looking at a huge retirement when you decide to see those properties.

MMA_scientist
08-09-2011, 04:48 PM

I have made a decent amount. I just recently started getting back into individual stocks again, so I am down quite a bit because of the recent down turn. But I also dollar cost average in my IRA and 401k, and in those I am up considerably. Back in the old days when I used to do individual stocks, I actually did really well. I made about 40% in the 2 years I played with it. I was working with less money then though. Basically, I can't measure it in real dollars because my retirement account have a lot more money in them. But I generally do pretty well, I think I can make 20% per year in individual stocks. I have never hit a lottery winner though, so my accuracy rate is pretty high, around 75%.

Sign up on the Motley Fool CAPS boards. They have a fantasy stock game basically, but it is real investors making real predictions. You can just coat tail more knowledgeable guys. The amount of information available is a lot more than with betting. The issue is that 97% of it is crap and you have to find the good stuff.

But like sbjj, I do better ROI wise with MMA capping. The difference is that my bankroll is a lot smaller in betting because it is much harder to do safely from home. If I could legally bet sports on a site like eTrade, I would be doing that instead. But it is so shaky anymore, I am afraid to put money in.

poopoo333
08-09-2011, 04:51 PM
I wish these Indian casinos around here were able to have sportsbooks.

sideloaded
08-09-2011, 04:54 PM
I know we've talked about this before but Im pretty making bets online is legal? You can't obviously be a bookie but what do the bookies care if they are offshore they just can't come back to the united states. The domain thing seems pretty crappy and I know there was a under cover processor but really what is so illegal. I know it comes down to the state laws I guess but Im pretty sure making bets is legal in most places except maybe new york or washington.

sideloaded
08-09-2011, 04:56 PM
I wish these Indian casinos around here were able to have sportsbooks.

don't some of them have sportsbooks?

MMA_scientist
08-09-2011, 05:02 PM
Regardless of whether it is legal, I don't find it particularly safe.

Luke
08-09-2011, 05:06 PM
I know we've talked about this before but Im pretty making bets online is legal? You can't obviously be a bookie but what do the bookies care if they are offshore they just can't come back to the united states. The domain thing seems pretty crappy and I know there was a under cover processor but really what is so illegal. I know it comes down to the state laws I guess but Im pretty sure making bets is legal in most places except maybe new york or washington.

It is legal, in most states.

poopoo333
08-09-2011, 05:09 PM
don't some of them have sportsbooks?

Not that I know of.

Luke
Just my opinion but no way am I buying a stock that was .04 cents last week and .47 cents now, you've missed the boat imo. There are 50 million stocks @ .47 cents a share,thats around 25 million which is a lot more than I'd estimate a MMA company no one knows anything about is worth. I'm agree MMAscientist I think the .47 current share price is that high because of the announcement with Showtime and is no where near the current value of the company.Strikeforce,which was a pretty big MMA company, sold for 40 million dollars so if that's any indication of how high this company could go you're not looking at a blockbuster stock.

I could be wrong but that's just how I see it.

sideloaded
by safety do you mean posting up and not getting your money back? I would just draw down your account every month so if something did happen you only have a month's worth of BR offshore. When the government busted netteller they did eventually let them pay everyone.

sideloaded
08-09-2011, 05:13 PM
Just my opinion but no way am I buying a stock that was .04 cents last week and .47 cents now, you've missed the boat imo. There are 50 million stocks @ .47 cents a share,thats around 25 million which is a lot more than I'd estimate a MMA company no one knows anything about is worth. I'm agree MMAscientist I think the .47 current share price is that high because of the announcement with Showtime and is no where near the current value of the company.Strikeforce,which was a pretty big MMA company, sold for 40 million dollars so if that's any indication of how high this company could go you're not looking at a blockbuster stock.

I could be wrong but that's just how I see it.
luke what is your opinion of safety right now offshore? Did matchbook pay you when they pulled out?

MMA_scientist
08-09-2011, 05:21 PM
by safety do you mean posting up and not getting your money back? I would just draw down your account every month so if something did happen you only have a month's worth of BR offshore. When the government busted netteller they did eventually let them pay everyone.

Yeah, that is what I mean. That and the books just stop taking action at a certain point (or so I have heard). I did withdraw everything except I kept enough in there to cover one event. I will rebuild it and withdraw it again. Right now I am keeping my gambling bankroll in my desk drawer, and I have my immediate stake online. I am just afraid that it is going to shut down entirely.

I am never going to be putting 10's of thousands online to bet. At some point, even teh one event stake is going to get too large to play online. I am long way off from there, but the light at the end of the tunnel is what motivates me. That online book crackdown is actually why I started getting back into the market.

sideloaded
08-09-2011, 05:27 PM
Makes sense no reason to keep that much offshore unless it's a collective across many books because the limits won't let you risk all that anyways.

MMA_scientist
08-09-2011, 05:38 PM
Yeah, but I will spend it. I prefer to keep it online in an account. It just works better for me.

sideloaded
08-09-2011, 05:42 PM
why don't we just setup a IWS corporation in Nevada to be our personal mma betting syndicate?

poopoo333
08-09-2011, 05:48 PM
I am just going to move to Nevada. Fuck it.

sbjj
08-09-2011, 05:49 PM
The Nevada idea will have its drawbacks. I moved the line at the M dramatically with my Saffedine bet this last Strikeforce. Went from -250 to -340.

We would need a team of runners to hit multiple books.

Luke
08-09-2011, 05:52 PM
luke what is your opinion of safety right now offshore? Did matchbook pay you when they pulled out?

Yes they sent me a check in the mail.

When thegreek shutdown they transefered my balance to heritage.com. I think at anytime any book may close but the only way you have a chance to lose your money is if OUR own government seizes the money.

poopoo333
08-09-2011, 05:52 PM
The Nevada idea will have its drawbacks. I moved the line at the M dramatically with my Saffedine bet this last Strikeforce. Went from -250 to -340.

wtf how much did you bet?

Luke
08-09-2011, 05:54 PM
I am just going to move to Nevada. Fuck it.

What are you going to do out there, everything requires you be 21 ?

sbjj
08-09-2011, 05:55 PM
wtf how much did you bet?

To win 10K. I was surprised they let me that much. The M is no venetian. They want your play. At least for now.

sbjj
08-09-2011, 05:57 PM

Screw it. Poopoo, you ever have a big bet that needs to be placed in Vegas. i will meet you in the arcade at the casino, and place the bet for you.

sideloaded

may be sbjj but if I remember it steamed a lot offshore too. I don't know if they move on air or not??

poopoo333

Play scratch offs until April

Luke
08-09-2011, 06:08 PM
Screw it. Poopoo, you ever have a big bet that needs to be placed in Vegas. i will meet you in the arcade at the casino, and place the bet for you.

BOLZ........the arcade

edman5555
08-11-2011, 12:12 AM
It looks like this pro elite thing might be a big scam. The company that bought pro elite is called stratus media group which is run by a guy named Paul Keller. I am reading all over the internet that he is a scam artist.

edman5555
08-11-2011, 12:12 AM
Paul Feller.

Vandelay
08-11-2011, 12:18 AM
damn sbjj you layed 25k on saffeidine?

sbjj
08-11-2011, 11:49 AM
damn sbjj you layed 25k on saffeidine?

Yea, I have a set aside amount of units to bet -300 or lower fighters that I consider locks.

Also have a set aside number of units for a 2 fighter parlay with fighter -200 to -400 range.

I thought of either laying enought to win 5K to 10K on Benevidez this event. But Wineland looked pretty good for a round against Faber. then again, I am with Scientist, and I believe Joe is a better fighter than Faber.

edman5555
08-11-2011, 12:20 PM
you put 25k on saff to beat scott smith?

edman5555
08-11-2011, 12:25 PM
I assume you would have to do that in Vegas. Too bad they don't do prop bets there.

MMA_scientist
08-11-2011, 02:08 PM
Damn, I did not realize sbjj was ballin like that. That it serious. I flat out do not have the stones to throw $25k down on a fight. I would need about a million dollars in my bankroll before I would be comfortable with that.

edman5555
08-11-2011, 02:11 PM
pretty crazy.

sbjj
08-11-2011, 02:13 PM
Damn, I did not realize sbjj was ballin like that. That it serious. I flat out do not have the stones to throw $25k down on a fight. I would need about a million dollars in my bankroll before I would be comfortable with that.

I was extremely sure of saff. in that fight. Went to Vegas last night, and the lines were not up. So now I have to drive back saturday. Am I crazy thinking of a big bet on Benevidez? I do not have the same confidence in him I did with Saff. But I agree that stylistically, this is a good matchup for him.

By the way, i almost layed 30K on Vitor last week. But I chickened out. If I lose the money on these plays, I do not start over. It ends.

MMA_scientist
08-11-2011, 02:15 PM
By the way, i almost layed 30K on Vitor last week. But I chickened out. If I lose the money on these plays, I do not start over. It ends.

You mean your side project ends? Or you quit all together and get a real job like some working man...

sbjj
08-11-2011, 02:18 PM
You mean your side project ends? Or you quit all together and get a real job like some working man...

No, the project ends.

edman5555
08-11-2011, 02:19 PM
Well given the fact that Wineland did beat Faber for one round I would have to consider it possible that he could have done that for two rounds. It also could have gone the other way, he could of gotten shut out by Faber. I see why people say Benavidez is better than Faber. He is really really good. I haven't seen Wineland fight at all though. Maybe you should post some vids for us all to watch. My gut says Bena to win, but I would not be shocked to see him lose..

MMA_scientist
08-11-2011, 02:20 PM
ah. Yeah, I liek to do little side projects. But mine generally involve hundreds of dollars, not 10's of thousands. Like I said... ballin.

poopoo333
08-11-2011, 02:21 PM
SBJJ how much in cash did you have on Cain against Brock?

MMA_scientist
08-11-2011, 02:22 PM
Re Faber and Benevidez: I think their hands are comparable, but Benevidez had better takedowns and he is more active standing. He also has a very tight guillotine, he subbed Fabiano, which is kind of amazing.

edman5555
08-11-2011, 02:24 PM
^That.

sbjj
08-11-2011, 02:24 PM
SBJJ how much in cash did you have on Cain against Brock?

I think i ended up winning somewhere around 9 or 10 on him. And I think I got him at slight dog odds. I remember heavy money came in on Brock the day after my bet. If I would have waited, I would have won a couple more.

sbjj
08-11-2011, 02:25 PM
Re Faber and Benevidez: I think their hands are comparable, but Benevidez had better takedowns and he is more active standing. He also has a very tight guillotine, he subbed Fabiano, which is kind of amazing.

Subbed Torres to I think.

poopoo333
08-11-2011, 02:28 PM
Damn Scientist is right, you're ballin.

And yeah, he subbed Torres. But he literally ...you know before the sub. It was brutal

MMA_scientist
08-11-2011, 02:31 PM
Fine, you guys talked me into a bet on Benevidez. Did anyone else ever decide on a 2 fight parlay? I am not doing Leonard Garcia Jr. I don't like Cole's line, and he also blocks punches with his face.

MMA_scientist
08-11-2011, 02:33 PM
sbjj is my hero. For real, I wish I was him instead of me. I want to roll into Vegas on the weekends and make 10 large like a pimp.

How did you get your bankroll built? Did you build it up like we are or did you save it up and start big?

sbjj
08-11-2011, 02:44 PM
sbjj is my hero. For real, I wish I was him instead of me. I want to roll into Vegas on the weekends and make 10 large like a pimp.

How did you get your bankroll built? Did you build it up like we are or did you save it up and start big?

Does not always work out with me just taking the casino for 10K.

I started betting Boxing over 15 years ago. Just consistantly upped my bets. Still will go without making a single bet on an event. But have recently been a bit more aggressive because i am trying to pay the down payment on a house for my Grandfather. That was sort of the goal for this new project.

sbjj
08-11-2011, 02:47 PM
Fine, you guys talked me into a bet on Benevidez. Did anyone else ever decide on a 2 fight parlay? I am not doing Leonard Garcia Jr. I don't like Cole's line, and he also blocks punches with his face.

Yea, i am staying away from Fig. also.

May just bet Joe straight up. Or parly him with Vitali. I literally have a dozen 2 fight parlay tickets with Vitali.

MMA_scientist
08-11-2011, 02:47 PM
Does not always work out with me just taking the casino for 10K.

Don't ruin the dream for me.

MMA_scientist
08-11-2011, 02:50 PM
benevidez' line really is not that bad for me. I bet -250 straight up all the time. I generally don't look for the 2 fight parlays until I start getting into -300 or more territory. I will probably end up on benevidez straight. I already have a couple small bets on Hardy and Cerrone via decision. I am probably going to anchor with Benevidez and call it a day. I also regret my Hardy bet a little.

MMA_scientist
08-11-2011, 04:47 PM
Here you go edman:

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/8/11/2355232/proelite-ufc-making-wise-decisions-in-a-post-buyout-ufc-dominated-world

I think I might ride with you for a little on this. I may throw a few hundy on it just because I am going to feel like a dick if it shoots up.

edman5555
08-11-2011, 04:59 PM
Ok. Put in a lowball bid like I am. 30 cents or less. The trades are so small in volume everyday we might actually be able to affect the price. If you actually get someon to buy for 30 cents then the other holders might think the stock is going down and sell. I will do the same. It could have an effect..maybe.

MMA_scientist
08-11-2011, 05:11 PM
I don't think the price of the share is going to move. They have another card in November and they are trying to get a TV deal done for that card, at least according to that rag BloodyElbow (BE is NOT reliable, it is basically a forum post). Still, I don't think your order will get filled at lower than than the market price. Given the relatively short time frame, I fear I may miss the boat. They could announce a TV deal any day, and then there is very little chance the price will come down soon. I am going to put in a market order tomorrow morning. I am only going to ride it out briefly. I know the value of the company is not that high, best case scenario, they come out like Bellator on a better channel... it looks like they are trying to become a strong regional player, instead of trying to become Strikeforce II though. That might be better for them, but they have already said they cannot afford a big time name like Overeem. They are trying to play it safe and run a real business here. I don't think they will make it long term, but they will probably do better than they are now.

It doesn't sound like they are trying to go big though, which is probably going to keep the stock down in the pennies for while. But if the get a TV deal, they may be able to afford one big name. If they can match up Grove and Riggs, that will get some viewers IMO.

edman5555
08-11-2011, 05:48 PM
They have Arlovski as well. I figure they can make bills or close to it on stadium tickets. Maybe I am wrong though. I know they put in a bid for Strikeforce of 40 million, at least that is what I read. Either they will burn out or get a TV deal. If the TV deal happens the stock will shoot up.

BTW read the stock movements. It has traded as low as .40 and lower this week.

edman5555
08-11-2011, 05:50 PM
Its low for the week is .40. I wouldn't be suprised to see it drop. All it would take is some investor fear, right? Only 5 percent of the shares are being traded. Stratus owns 95 percent. That leaves 2.75 million shares out there. A lot of which may be owned by people that got them at .0075. It would be worth selling to them now..Maybe this is just wishful thinking but try putting your order in for .40.