View Full Version : Steven Segal is to train!!!

mriggs
09-20-2011, 06:43 PM
steven segal is reportadly training rampae jackson

poopoo333
09-20-2011, 06:46 PM

sbjj
09-20-2011, 06:55 PM
Sideloaded

sbjj
09-20-2011, 06:56 PM
Glad to have you back my man.

Luke
09-20-2011, 07:38 PM
IP address is San Diego, sideloaded is from Arkansas so IDK

SPX
09-20-2011, 08:45 PM
Proxy?

zY|
09-21-2011, 12:25 AM
http://i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv293/VanillaFayce/Forum%20Poop/Good_Luck_Im_Behind_7_Proxies.jpg

Mr. IWS
09-21-2011, 08:32 AM
http://s3.amazonaws.com/kym-assets/photos/images/original/000/155/594/yesitis2.gif?1311943181

MMA_scientist
09-21-2011, 09:25 AM
^^ BOL so much at the Ancient Aliens guy. I die laughing everytime I see that guy. They lose any chance of any semblance of credibility when they put him on.

Mr. IWS
09-21-2011, 09:31 AM
http://images.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/10146407.jpg

MMA_scientist
09-21-2011, 09:35 AM
I had to google that guy. His hair has its own facebook and he has tribute threads. That guy is a boss.

Mr. IWS
09-21-2011, 11:18 AM
I had to google that guy. His hair has its own facebook and he has tribute threads. That guy is a boss.

That meme of him is one of the dumbest, yet funniest to me.

MMA_scientist
09-21-2011, 11:23 AM
That meme of him is one of the dumbest, yet funniest to me.

Have you ever seen that show? It is pure comedy. I saw a bunch of the meme's with him, and they ring pretty true. The guy can look at anything and deduce alien involvement.

http://troll.me/images/ancient-aliens-guy/its-not-aliens-but-im-almost-certain-that-its-aliens.jpg

http://assets.diylol.com/hfs/d65/9d1/6bf/resized/ancient-aliens-invisible-something-meme-generator-end-of-dinosaurs-ancient-aliens-7600b4.jpg

http://genealogyreligion.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/ancient-aliens-invisible-something-meme-generator-big-rocks-got-stacked-on-top-of-each-other-aliens-did-it-b4c132.jpg

Mr. IWS
09-21-2011, 11:26 AM
Yeah, my son turned me onto it a while back. Shit was the lulz, but I will admit, it had me thinking about the possibilities. I just cant see how much credibility you can have when your hair looks like that though.

MMA_scientist
09-21-2011, 11:28 AM
^^ +1.

It is fun to think about, but the "scholars" that they have on are hilarious. Especially the hair spray tan guy... not only is he a fruitcake, he says everything in hilarious and surprising ways... like that GIF you posted.

SPX
09-21-2011, 11:42 AM
George Tsoukalos in the house.

I've seen that guy about a thousand times on TV and hear him another thousand times on the radio.

As for the ancient aliens theory, I don't necessarily buy into it, I wouldn't be shocked if there wasn't at least SOME truth to it.

MMA_scientist
09-21-2011, 11:58 AM
Radio? Is he on George Noory or something? I know he was on Rogan's podcast, but I would rather shoot myself in the face than listen to that.

SPX
09-21-2011, 12:05 PM
Yeah, he's on with George Noory on the regular. In fact, I think he's been on just within the past month to talk about Season 3 of Ancient Aliens.

MMA_scientist
09-21-2011, 12:21 PM
I used to listen to Coast to Coast all the time when I was younger, back when I stayed up late. I remember when it was still Art Bell. Nothing better than delivering 1am pizzas and listening to Art Bell talk supernatural stuff. I remember once this guy called in and said he was an actual alien lifeform (or it may have been a demon, can't remember), and he was possessing this guy's body and called the show. Art took him at his word and treated it deadly serious... so good. That is the skill of these guys. This is all before this whole internet fad really took off, so it was even more awesome.

SPX
09-21-2011, 12:27 PM
Weird that you mention that. It was actually while driving for Dominos that discovered Coast to Coast. I was like, What the fuck is this? and quickly grew to love it.

I'm actually a "Coast Insider" member now so I can download the shows from the past 90 days, so I rarely actually listen to it on the radio anymore, but I do still listen to it fairly regularly.

MMA_scientist
09-21-2011, 12:41 PM
^^ Coast insider, that's serious business. Is that free? I am sitting at my desk all day 4 days a week. I listen to music, sometimes watch movies in the background, and jump on and off of IWS all day. I need something else to listen to.

MMA_scientist
09-21-2011, 12:41 PM
LOL at www.papayatea.org (OP signature). Classic.

SPX
09-21-2011, 12:46 PM
^^ Coast insider, that's serious business. Is that free? I am sitting at my desk all day 4 days a week. I listen to music, sometimes watch movies in the background, and jump on and off of IWS all day. I need something else to listen to.

$6.99 a month. If you use it, it's worth it.

If you want to check out a similar-but-free show that has years worth of archives available, then check out The Paracast (www.theparacast.com (http://www.theparacast.com)).

EDIT: The Paracast is almost all UFOs by the way, so Coast is better for its variety.

MMA_scientist
09-21-2011, 01:04 PM
I just love the whole vibe of coast to coast. When I first discovered it, i was probably 20... and it was on a fuzzy AM station. It seemed like it was some lunatic broadcasting from his garage unveiling the gov't secrets. I haven't listened to it in several years though. I will check that paracast thing out. In truth, I don't have an endless appetite for this stuff, I mostly just get amused by the crazies. So I can't justify paying for it, because I will grow tired of it in probably 2 or 3 weeks.

I have been meaning to ask you, did you ever go back to work? Or are you still living on the edge?

SPX
09-21-2011, 01:22 PM
I just love the whole vibe of coast to coast. When I first discovered it, i was probably 20... and it was on a fuzzy AM station. It seemed like it was some lunatic broadcasting from his garage unveiling the gov't secrets. I haven't listened to it in several years though. I will check that paracast thing out. In truth, I don't have an endless appetite for this stuff, I mostly just get amused by the crazies. So I can't justify paying for it, because I will grow tired of it in probably 2 or 3 weeks.

The Paracast is a different type of show, mostly in that the hosts are more willing to call their guests on their bullshit and they are of a bit more scientific bent. Also, there are no callers. It's two hosts and a guest.

As for Coast, I could probably send you some shit.

I have been meaning to ask you, did you ever go back to work? Or are you still living on the edge?

Never went back to work. Still writing for UMMA and the occasional other publication, and like I told you the other day I have my own JA account now. So that's what's getting me by. I'd like to have 4 sources of income, all operating at the same time, that each bring in $1000 a month or so.

I also wouldn't mind having a little part-time, 10-hour-per-week kind of job just cuz though . . . like something at the mall that's no stress, a little extra cash, and the opportunity to socialize just a bit (I do very little of that right now).

MMA_scientist
09-21-2011, 01:28 PM
The callers are my favorite part of Coast to Coast. I can probably find some stuff online... it has been so long since I listened to it, it is all new shows to me. Speaking of new shows, I started watching "Weeds" last night. That show is pretty good, though I have only seen the first few episodes.

I have been taking time off from JA, I need to find someone to do the work for me.

Good for you, sticking it to the man. I was just curious, because you hadn't said anything and it has been a while now.

Svino
09-21-2011, 02:06 PM
Let's keep this thread on topic.

Steven Segal[sic] is to train!!!

SPX
09-21-2011, 02:31 PM
The callers are my favorite part of Coast to Coast.

You see, that's like my LEAST favorite part and also the part that I usually skip.

In fact, I have started avoiding downloading the shows that deal with obvious woo-woo shit in favor of the shows where I feel like the guests are going to be credible and offer me some real information to consider.

Speaking of new shows, I started watching "Weeds" last night. That show is pretty good, though I have only seen the first few episodes.

I am aware that a lot of people like Weeds but I tried to watch it and just couldn't get into it. I did hear that Mark-Paul Gossalar made an appearance on an episode, though.

http://crowdfusion.myspacecdn.com/media/99343-mark-paul-gosselaar-weeds-showtime-621x322.jpg

Zak Morris in the house.

I have been taking time off from JA, I need to find someone to do the work for me.

Before I had my own account I wasn't overly concerned about putting 100% into it because I knew the shit wasn't mine and could disappear at any minute. Now I'm more motivated to really build it into something.

It's definitely been a life-saver, though. Without it I wouldn't have made it on my own because I don't make enough from writing to survive on.

Good for you, sticking it to the man. I was just curious, because you hadn't said anything and it has been a while now.

It hasn't been easy, but I've been making it. I really need to go from surviving to thriving, though.

SPX
09-21-2011, 02:31 PM
Let's keep this thread on topic.

Steven Segal[sic] is to train!!!

BOL!

Yes, he is to do it!

MMA_scientist
09-21-2011, 02:55 PM
You see, that's like my LEAST favorite part and also the part that I usually skip.

In fact, I have started avoiding downloading the shows that deal with obvious woo-woo shit in favor of the shows where I feel like the guests are going to be credible and offer me some real information to consider.

It is pure entertainment for me, I don't actually think there is any real information there to be considered. I like it for the lulz and it is fun to think about some of the stuff, but as far as actually considering it... I don't do that.

I am aware that a lot of people like Weeds but I tried to watch it and just couldn't get into it. I did hear that Mark-Paul Gossalar made an appearance on an episode, though.

Well, I just started it. It may be slightly more interesting to me because I actually live in the suburbs. BUt I am going to wait until the season is over to give an official recommendation.

Before I had my own account I wasn't overly concerned about putting 100% into it because I knew the shit wasn't mine and could disappear at any minute. Now I'm more motivated to really build it into something.
That is why I DON't spend more time on it... the account or site itself could disappear at any time. It is just straight time for money, there is no building it into anything. You answer, you get paid. That's it.

It's definitely been a life-saver, though. Without it I wouldn't have made it on my own because I don't make enough from writing to survive on.
That's true. I keep it around because I might need it someday. Even if I lost all income, lost my practice, and couldn't find a job, I could surivive pretty well just on JA. There is definitely some peace of mind there.

It hasn't been easy, but I've been making it. I really need to go from surviving to thriving, though.

Have you considered selling papaya tea?

I actually took a big hit myself trying to take over the world. I spent a bunch of money and I am now at the mercy of another attorney. Basically, with great reward comes great risk. I will get em next time.

SPX
09-21-2011, 03:17 PM
It is pure entertainment for me, I don't actually think there is any real information there to be considered. I like it for the lulz and it is fun to think about some of the stuff, but as far as actually considering it... I don't do that.

Well a lot of the shows don't even deal with paranormal topics. They have straight science shows with well-known scientists like Brian Greene, Michio Kaku and Neil de Grasse Tyson, as well shows about other random shit like the economy, the weather, political shit, etc.

With that said, I do think there's a difference between the bullshit paranormal shows and the serious ones. For instance, they had Leslie Kean on the other day. Leslie Kean is an award-winning journalist who has been published in a number of leading publications, and she recently wrote a book called UFOs: On the Record where she interviewed military personnel, police officers, government officials, and other such people regarding their experiences with UFOs and it's some pretty interesting--I would even say explosive--material.

Of course, if you go into it with your mind made up that anything on the UFO topic cannot be taken seriously then it doesn't really matter what the evidence is.

That is why I DON'T spend more time on it... the account or site itself could disappear at any time. It is just straight time for money, there is no building it into anything. You answer, you get paid. That's it.

Well that's the way it is with any job, as we've discussed before. That's how I look at it: I could get fired or the company could go under. But those are "normal" concerns. When I was working off someone else's account there were abnormal concerns like me getting into an argument with my friend and him telling me to fuck off or my friend dying (a very real possibility since the docs have given him less than a year to live).

But now I feel more confident that I can rely on it to really be there a year down the road, at least as confident as I would about still having a job with a company a year down the road. So I feel more compelled to build it up in the sense of expanding my skill set so that I can handle questions I don't normally handle, get certified for different categories so that I can have access to more questions, etc.

Have you considered selling papaya tea?

No.

I actually took a big hit myself trying to take over the world. I spent a bunch of money and I am now at the mercy of another attorney. Basically, with great reward comes great risk. I will get em next time.

What happened there?

MMA_scientist
09-21-2011, 03:34 PM
With JA, yeah, I don't consider it less "secure" than a normal job. Probably more secure because you have to do some pretty crazy shit to get kicked off as an expert. The only real possibility of losing your job is if teh site goes under. I guess my beef is with any job... I am only motivated to work if I can own the company, I don't like working for others.

As for my set back, I told you I merged with another firm here. I was supposed to be expanding the empire by opening a second office (and more), but it didn't really take off in the second market. So, I spent a bunch of money on advertising and we basically decided to pull the plug on it. Meanwhile, I agreed to a non-compete (as did the other attorneys) but I am working for a set salary right now. They do a allow me to do some other areas of practice, so I can earn income outside the office, but I am not allowed to do disability work. So they pay me a salary and I get to do my own thing too, so my income is actually about the same as it was before, but more regular, which is nice. But I also spent $30k on ads and shut down my practice, which was doing really well. I sold out so I could get more capital to take over the world... but that failed pretty much, and I can't go back to my practice because I need that disability income, it is more than 50% of my income.

Bascially, I sold out for no reason.

MMA_scientist
09-21-2011, 03:40 PM
The upside is that I have a lot more time on my hands now. I am trying to figure out a new path to global dominance now. I have been kicking around some non-law related businesses.

It is all par for the course, I fail all the time. Abraham Lincoln tried to get elected to public office 27 times, he failed 25 times. It only takes one hit.

Mr. IWS
09-21-2011, 03:54 PM
Looks like this one will be going in the archives soon. More Bulz then you can shake a dick at in here.

::handshake::

Luke
09-21-2011, 04:49 PM
I listen to music, sometimes watch movies in the background, and jump on and off of IWS all day. I need something else to listen to.

The real question is when do you actually do work?

Mr. IWS
09-21-2011, 04:54 PM
With JA, yeah, I don't consider it less "secure" than a normal job. Probably more secure because you have to do some pretty crazy shit to get kicked off as an expert. The only real possibility of losing your job is if teh site goes under. I guess my beef is with any job... I am only motivated to work if I can own the company, I don't like working for others.

As for my set back, I told you I merged with another firm here. I was supposed to be expanding the empire by opening a second office (and more), but it didn't really take off in the second market. So, I spent a bunch of money on advertising and we basically decided to pull the plug on it. Meanwhile, I agreed to a non-compete (as did the other attorneys) but I am working for a set salary right now. They do a allow me to do some other areas of practice, so I can earn income outside the office, but I am not allowed to do disability work. So they pay me a salary and I get to do my own thing too, so my income is actually about the same as it was before, but more regular, which is nice. But I also spent $30k on ads and shut down my practice, which was doing really well. I sold out so I could get more capital to take over the world... but that failed pretty much, and I can't go back to my practice because I need that disability income, it is more than 50% of my income.

http://images.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/10156234.jpg

Luke
09-21-2011, 04:55 PM

That's horrible, sorry man . Di it happen fast or was this over a few months, last thing I remember is you saying you were expanding?

As for Weeds ,I tried 2 episodes and didnt like it .

Luke
09-21-2011, 04:59 PM
Honestly, I think if we all moved to Costa Rica all our problems would be solved

MMA_scientist
09-21-2011, 05:11 PM
The real question is when do you actually do work?

I am working right now... my work is not so much "work". I spend most of the day in court abouy once per week. I was there all day yesterday, I left at 5am and got back at about 2p. I meet with clients about 2 hours per day most days. I work. I am just in front of my PC all day, so I can pop in and out, it probably seems like I am always here... I do keep several windows open all the time, so I pretty much here all the time. But I work. Just nothing that I can't stop for a few minutes here and there. I actually have a really poor attention span, I can only focus for a few minutes at a time. Then I do something else, then I sprint for a few minutes. That said, it works for me, I can get a lot done in a pretty short amount of time.

That's horrible, sorry man . Di it happen fast or was this over a few months, last thing I remember is you saying you were expanding?

It happened pver a few months. We tried it for a few months, it didn't work, we stopped. I don't want to make it sound that tragic, I lost some money advertising and now I am locked into a partnership... that's it. I didn't lose my income or anything. I knew there was a risk that it would not pan out... I will try it again in a different market here in a few months. No biggie, it could be a lot worse.

MMA_scientist
09-21-2011, 05:13 PM
Honestly, I think if we all moved to Costa Rica all our problems would be solved

agreed. The only issue is finding a book that won't get shit down for working with U.S. customers. Even if I am in Costa Rica, my money will still get lost when the U.S. Govt shuts down a book.

Luke
09-21-2011, 05:18 PM
agreed. The only issue is finding a book that won't get shit down for working with U.S. customers. Even if I am in Costa Rica, my money will still get lost when the U.S. Govt shuts down a book.

Arent there Costa Rican only books down there,or casinos? I honestly don't know that's why I'm asking ...............EDMANN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Luke
09-21-2011, 05:20 PM
I am working right now... my work is not so much "work". I spend most of the day in court abouy once per week. I was there all day yesterday, I left at 5am and got back at about 2p. I meet with clients about 2 hours per day most days. I work. I am just in front of my PC all day, so I can pop in and out, it probably seems like I am always here... I do keep several windows open all the time, so I pretty much here all the time. But I work. Just nothing that I can't stop for a few minutes here and there. I actually have a really poor attention span, I can only focus for a few minutes at a time. Then I do something else, then I sprint for a few minutes. That said, it works for me, I can get a lot done in a pretty short amount of time.

Haha,I was just joking . Before my job got busier and I had to spend more time away from my desk I was on here all hours of everyday,I was just messing with you.

It happened pver a few months. We tried it for a few months, it didn't work, we stopped. I don't want to make it sound that tragic, I lost some money advertising and now I am locked into a partnership... that's it. I didn't lose my income or anything. I knew there was a risk that it would not pan out... I will try it again in a different market here in a few months. No biggie, it could be a lot worse.

Well I'm glad you still have a job but I must say I'm disappointed , was really looking forward to the MMAscientist world dominance campaign .Maybe it will happen again here soon.

MMA_scientist
09-21-2011, 05:26 PM
Oh it will happen. Soon.

I am just formulating another path to world domination.

SPX
09-21-2011, 05:35 PM
Probably more secure because you have to do some pretty crazy shit to get kicked off as an expert.

Is that true?

I've seen on a couple of forums where an ex-expert or two have bitched about having been kicked off "for no reason." Maybe they really fucked up and didn't want to admit it. I dunno. But it has worried me that maybe small shit can get you booted.

The upside is that I have a lot more time on my hands now. I am trying to figure out a new path to global dominance now. I have been kicking around some non-law related businesses.

It is all par for the course, I fail all the time. Abraham Lincoln tried to get elected to public office 27 times, he failed 25 times. It only takes one hit.

Damn, that sucks. Sorry it didn't work out.

At least you have a good attitude about it though and aren't too worked up over it. I'd probably be consumed with self-pity at my inability to succeed.

SPX
09-21-2011, 05:37 PM
Looks like this one will be going in the archives soon. More Bulz then you can shake a dick at in here.

::handshake::

http://images.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/10156234.jpg

Fuckin' BULZ!!!

MMA_scientist
09-21-2011, 05:42 PM
Is that true?

I have seen some pretty horrible, wrong, just guesses for answers, plagiarisms, etc... we have one expert in legal that everyone complains about, but he is still there, raking it in. There was a purge back in like 2008 because they used to allow almost anyone to post as an expert in legal. There were a bunch of paralegals and stuff giving legal answers, and a bunch of non-M.D.'s giving medical answers. They changed their policy and a bunch of people lost their income and were disgruntled. The other major infraction is plagiarism. I got warned about it when I first started... but I have seen some pretty blatant copy and past jobs. At least in my section, it takes a lot to get you booted.

Damn, that sucks. Sorry it didn't work out.

At least you have a good attitude about it though and aren't too worked up over it. I'd probably be consumed with self-pity at my inability to succeed.

Like I said, it is part of the game. It is like getting upset if you lose one bet. I have advertised many times and failed. This one just upsets me because I sold my soul to get more capital to advertise with. But thanks for your sensitivity. I had not really considered a total inability to succeed until now.

SPX
09-21-2011, 05:47 PM
But thanks for your sensitivity. I had not really considered a total inability to succeed until now.

I'm literally sitting here in the bookstore cracking the fuck up. People even looked at me.

SPX
09-21-2011, 07:59 PM
http://s3.amazonaws.com/kym-assets/photos/images/original/000/155/594/yesitis2.gif?1311943181

I don't know why, but I really want to find the episode this clip is from and watch that shit right now.

zY|
09-21-2011, 08:11 PM
I'm actually a "Coast Insider" member now so I can download the shows from the past 90 days, so I rarely actually listen to it on the radio anymore, but I do still listen to it fairly regularly.

It all makes so much sense now.

SPX
09-21-2011, 08:15 PM
My awesomeness?

Svino
09-21-2011, 08:54 PM
It's no wonder that guy believes in aliens.

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2011/9/7/ccd97896-97d9-4bab-982b-13a1eb36fd21.jpg