PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Off topic thread(basketball,movies,etc whatever)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19

Ludo
08-26-2012, 02:23 AM
Damn.

RIP Neil Armstrong

Inb4itwasahoax

MMA_scientist
08-26-2012, 09:27 AM
So your kids are really young, then?

5 and 3. I just turned 35

MMA_scientist
08-26-2012, 09:29 AM
I've seen GSP in person and he was pretty damn thick, but I thought he was short. I don't know what that has to do with Serra, but whatever, that's what I thought of.

I met Frank Mir, and he wasn't that big. He was like a normal looking kinda big guy. He really wasn't that much bigger than me, and there are a lot of "regular guys" at the gym that looked bigger than him.

Matt Hughes is very thick. He looks like a fire hydrant.

Mark Coleman is much smaller than me.

Demian Maia is way bigger than he looks, very think and kind tall.

poopoo333
08-26-2012, 09:35 AM
When I saw GSP in person, he wasn't that big in my opinion. I can definitely see the case for the notion of GSP being a small middleweight.

Chael Sonnen is fucking huge in person. When I saw him walking to his seat at UFC 145 I was like WTF

Rashad Evans isn't that big either. He should be able to make MW.

I just realized I've seen a shit load of fighters in person recently so I am just going to stop here.

MMA_scientist
08-26-2012, 09:39 AM
Yeah, I have met a bunch of less significant fighters, but those were the famous ones that I could think of.

SPX
08-26-2012, 10:26 AM
Youre not a woman, you got time.

I'm not worried about losing my physical ability to produce children, but I think you eventually get to an age where you just kind of realize that, for practical purposes, that ship has sailed. I mean, would you really want to be having your first kid at the age of 50? Seems to me that if you haven't had kids by then you should just find another way to live out the remaining years of your life.

poopoo333
08-26-2012, 10:34 AM
I am sure I will want kids eventually, but I am really scared of not being financially stable enough to support them. I would like to be living comfortably before having to worry about a kid. I really don't want to live five years of my life stressed the fuck out...I would rather get settled down first and not go through the stress

SPX
08-26-2012, 10:42 AM
Yeah, money is a concern.

For me, it's also about the loss of freedom. I mean, I'm still very much at a point in my life where I'm trying to "find myself" and just kind of figure life out. In 20 years I may still be doing the same thing. That's not really the time to bring kids into the equation. I feel like I need to preserve my ability to do what I want, when I want.

SPX
08-26-2012, 01:28 PM
Ah shit, I passed 20,000 posts and missed it.

Mr. IWS
08-27-2012, 08:49 AM
Ah shit, I passed 20,000 posts and missed it.

::wooo::

edman5555
08-27-2012, 10:16 PM
When I saw GSP in person, he wasn't that big in my opinion. I can definitely see the case for the notion of GSP being a small middleweight.

Chael Sonnen is fucking huge in person. When I saw him walking to his seat at UFC 145 I was like WTF

Rashad Evans isn't that big either. He should be able to make MW.

I just realized I've seen a shit load of fighters in person recently so I am just going to stop here.

GSP talked about moving to lightweight instead of middleweight.

MMA_scientist
08-27-2012, 11:04 PM
I got my fuckin ass kicked tonight by a guy that just moved to the gym. Time to get serious about training again. Inb4nextinjury

poopoo333
08-27-2012, 11:15 PM
I got my fuckin ass kicked tonight by a guy that just moved to the gym. Time to get serious about training again. Inb4nextinjury

125 lb white belt?

MMA_scientist
08-27-2012, 11:59 PM
125 lb white belt?

No another purple belt, but only 180. Just better and more aggressive. Im getting lazy

zY|
08-28-2012, 03:20 PM
Ridin out this bullshit hurricane.

Mr. IWS
08-28-2012, 03:31 PM
Ridin out this bullshit hurricane.

Is it bad yet? where you at?

zY|
08-28-2012, 03:53 PM
Biloxi

It's just rainy and the wind is blowing right now. The ocean is up quite a bit. I was down looking at it earlier.

SPX
08-28-2012, 03:59 PM
I love a really good storm. As far I'm concerned, if it's going to rain, it should storm. Give me some serious wrath of God shit (without knocking out the power).

Mr. IWS
08-28-2012, 04:12 PM
Biloxi

It's just rainy and the wind is blowing right now. The ocean is up quite a bit. I was down looking at it earlier.

How far are you from the ocean?

Mr. IWS
08-28-2012, 04:12 PM
I love a really good storm. As far I'm concerned, if it's going to rain, it should storm. Give me some serious wrath of God shit (without knocking out the power).

Im like that with snow. I want a fuckin epic blizzard every time. I love that shit.

zY|
08-28-2012, 04:37 PM
About 1.5 miles. Closer to the bay though.

SPX
08-28-2012, 06:47 PM
Im like that with snow. I want a fuckin epic blizzard every time. I love that shit.

Me too. I'm like, Goddamn it, mother nature! Hit me! That all you got? HIT ME, YOU MOTHERFUCKER!

SPX
08-28-2012, 09:00 PM
FACT: 345 gigs of shit takes forever to copy over to an external hard drive.

zY|
08-28-2012, 09:15 PM
FACT: 345 gigs of shit takes forever to copy over to an external hard drive.

Way longer than you'd think.

What did you get?

zY|
08-28-2012, 09:20 PM

Agreed. This storm is gay so far.

SPX
08-28-2012, 09:24 PM
Way longer than you'd think.

What did you get?

I have 32-bit Win 7 installed and need to bump my shit up to 12 GB of RAM for video editing purposes. So I'm backing everything up right now and going to blow it away and move up to the 64-bit world.

SPX
08-28-2012, 09:25 PM
So I bought a package of socks and there's one lone sock that is different from all the rest. What the fuck is that shit about?

zY|
08-28-2012, 09:27 PM
I have 32-bit Win 7 installed and need to bump my shit up to 12 GB of RAM for video editing purposes. So I'm backing everything up right now and going to blow it away and move up to the 64-bit world.

I meant how big of an external, and 345gb of what?

SPX
08-28-2012, 09:29 PM
I meant how big of an external, and 345gb of what?

A 1 TB external and 345 GB of all kinds of shit. Pics, documents, videos, other random shit. . .

The videos are like 90% of it.

zY|
08-28-2012, 10:09 PM
Also, there is a 7pm curfew here, so I am pretty much LITERALLY in nazi germany right now.

SPX
08-28-2012, 10:14 PM
Is that even enforceable?

zY|
08-28-2012, 10:17 PM
I don't know.

I mean, I get it, but I still don't like it.

And it's still just raining, with some stronger gusts.

zY|
08-29-2012, 05:19 PM
Man, I'm bored. What are you clowns doing?

SPX
08-29-2012, 05:47 PM
Cleaning my apt and debating over whether to go to class tonight. Shit runs from 6 to 10. That just sucks.

zY|
08-29-2012, 05:54 PM
Look the President did an AMA on Reddit.

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/z1c9z/i_am_barack_obama_president_of_the_united_states/

SPX
08-29-2012, 05:57 PM
I have no idea what that is.

zY|
08-29-2012, 06:08 PM
'Ask me anything'

Ludo
08-29-2012, 10:04 PM
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/8/29/3277825/ufc-151-jon-jones-asked-dana-white-chael-sonnen-stop-calling-out-mma-news

In light of the recent mess that was the cancelation of UFC 151, we still have yet to see the end of the aftermath. Not too many people came out of this looking great, except maybe Chael Sonnen, the unlikely "hero" in this story. Some people have come out of this cast in very deprecatory ways, few more than UFC light heavyweight champion, Jon Jones. In a recent article from The Wrestling Observer (Subscription required), there's yet another piece of information that will add fuel to the Jon Jones fire:

Jones was very upset after Chael began calling him out and mocking him on Twitter, going as far as to contact White and ask him to tell Chael to stop.

Even if you're an avid Jones supporter, it's hard to cast this in a positive light. Sure, it may not always be fun to be the butt of ten thousand Chael Sonnen jokes, but that's not something you can just ask Dana White to stop. It just seems childish for a professional athlete to respond so oddly to a little bit of heat from a possible competitor.

Also from the article, we see more of Jones, as his recent appearance on a radio show is analyzed, and what Jon said makes him look like a hypocrite:

About a week before this all went down, he went on a radio show and talked about how Chael was undeserving of the fight coming off the loss to Anderson Silva, and that he was disrespectful and not the type of person he'd want to give a title shot to anyway. The host noted that Chael wouldn't be able to take Bones down, and unlike Henderson, also a wrestler, he didn't possess the power punch standing and wasn't a finisher. The host told Jones to take the paycheck and shut the guy up. At that point Jones said yes, you're right, I'll fight Chael any time, any where.

There is hardly a positive way to look at this. Jones clearly says he'd do something he doesn't end up doing, despite the situation providing him the ability. Though he may be one of the greatest fighters to ever live, Jones constantly trips up with words, saying things he doesn't really mean, or things he can't or won't follow up on. It's hard to watch, because we're seeing such a great fighter open himself up for ridicule based on the things he says. Hopefully, this situation will be over soon, and everyone can just put this behind them. It's been a pretty rough week for many people, especially Jon Jones.

BO-fucking-L!

SPX
08-30-2012, 12:57 AM
BOL!!!!!!

I wonder what Dana's response was when Jon asked him "to tell Chael to stop."

Mr. IWS
08-30-2012, 08:29 AM
Dana can hate Jones now all he wants, but Bones is shaping up to be the biggest heel in MMA history the way this shit is snowballing. His PPV numbers are going to be up now, no matter who he fights.

SPX
08-30-2012, 10:11 AM
Yeah, it's funny how its working out since he initially tried to go the GSP route and be super-polite and "professional" and all that shit. Mr. Nice Guy Jon Jones.

SPX
08-30-2012, 01:46 PM
You know, when you reinstall the OS on your computer, it almost feels like getting a fresh start on life in general.

SPX
08-30-2012, 05:21 PM
I went and saw The Campaign the other day. Shit is funny.

If you usually get into Will Farrell movies then it will probably crack you up.

Mr. IWS
08-30-2012, 05:44 PM
I went and saw The Campaign the other day. Shit is funny.

If you usually get into Will Farrell movies then it will probably crack you up.

Shit looks funny as hell. Im gonna try to grab it this weekend.

poopoo333
08-30-2012, 05:46 PM
I loved it. Funniest movie I have seen in awhile.

zY|
08-30-2012, 05:58 PM
You know, when you reinstall the OS on your computer, it almost feels like getting a fresh start on life in general.

It's the best. Everything is fast and clean. Not bogged down by bullshit.

And in case you didn't know, http://ninite.com/ is the world's greatest website after you reformat.

SPX
08-30-2012, 06:38 PM
Shit looks funny as hell. Im gonna try to grab it this weekend.

I loved it. Funniest movie I have seen in awhile.

Not many comedies make me literally laugh out loud but this one did a few times. I liked it. Not sure why the critical reception was so mixed.

Zach Galifianakis was so different than any other character I'd seen him play. Dude really is an actor, I guess.

Mr. IWS
08-30-2012, 06:58 PM
Not many comedies make me literally laugh out loud but this one did a few times. I liked it. Not sure why the critical reception was so mixed.

Zach Galifianakis was so different than any other character I'd seen him play. Dude really is an actor, I guess.

Im a huge fan of both of those idiots.

SPX
08-30-2012, 06:59 PM
It's the best. Everything is fast and clean. Not bogged down by bullshit.

It's awesome. Running 64-bit now so going to order some more RAM.

I also bought Adobe Creative Suite 6 with a whole shitload of programs, like Premiere Pro, After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash, etc. Should be fun getting into that.

And in case you didn't know, http://ninite.com/ is the world's greatest website after you reformat.

I didn't know. I'll have to check that out.

zY|
08-30-2012, 07:10 PM
It's awesome. Running 64-bit now so going to order some more RAM.

I also bought Adobe Creative Suite 6 with a whole shitload of programs, like Premiere Pro, After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash, etc. Should be fun getting into that.

Yeah I like to reformat with a fresh install at least once a year. Once I notice it start slowing down. How much did you pay for that Creative Suite?

I didn't know. I'll have to check that out.

Yeah, basically it has a huge list of common programs. You just check off everything you want and it automatically downloads and installs everything for you in one shot. It's awesome.

SPX
08-30-2012, 07:54 PM
Yeah I like to reformat with a fresh install at least once a year. Once I notice it start slowing down.

Yeah, I had been running the same installation for a while, like, longer than usual. It was time. I was able to get a Win 7 upgrade from school for . . . get this . . . FREE. Couldn't believe that shit. But if you're a student you get Win 7 and Office for $0.

How much did you pay for that Creative Suite?

$350 with my student discount.

It's not the Master Suite with everything, but it's got like 8 programs. The only one it doesn't have that I would like is Dreamweaver.

Yeah, basically it has a huge list of common programs. You just check off everything you want and it automatically downloads and installs everything for you in one shot. It's awesome.

Good looking out.

zY|
08-30-2012, 08:16 PM
That's pretty cool. I got win 7 and photoshop for free, too, but not exactly the same way.

SPX
08-30-2012, 08:31 PM
I got Magic Bullet for free.

Ludo
08-30-2012, 08:43 PM
Don't forget to update your BIOS once you up the RAM.

SPX
08-30-2012, 10:04 PM
I don't fuck with my BIOS unless there's a really good reason. If the flash goes wrong you'll brick your mobo.

I do have a good BIOS flash story from several years ago, though. I had bought a 40 GB (HUGE at the time!) hard drive and it wasn't showing up in my computer. Eventually I got around in my troubleshooting to flashing the BIOS and then BOOM! there it was. It was a great victory.

SPX
08-30-2012, 10:06 PM
Anyone here use any of the torrent anonymizer services?

I just signed up for BTGuard.

Ludo
08-31-2012, 03:22 AM
I don't fuck with my BIOS unless there's a really good reason. If the flash goes wrong you'll brick your mobo.

I do have a good BIOS flash story from several years ago, though. I had bought a 40 GB (HUGE at the time!) hard drive and it wasn't showing up in my computer. Eventually I got around in my troubleshooting to flashing the BIOS and then BOOM! there it was. It was a great victory.

Yeah memory of all kinds have made leaps and bounds both in capacity and in price over the last few years. It was only five years ago that a 160GB hard drive would run you $120 minimum. Now for $100 or less you can get a terabyte drive.

SPX
08-31-2012, 10:13 AM
Oh yeah, for sure. It's crazy. Everything has gone down in price so much over the last decade while also going up in capacity. You used to couldn't even get a computer of any kind for less than $1,000.

I remember when the first 1 GB hard drives came out. People were like HOLY FUCKING SHIT! A THOUSAND megabytes?!

And I remember that the first laptop I ever had--a high school graduation present my mom got me in 2000--had 32 MB of RAM.

SPX
08-31-2012, 06:56 PM
I hadn't even heard of this movie before today, but I went and check this out. Pretty decent. Good enough for a matinee.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Zl7S1LaPMU

SPX
09-01-2012, 12:42 PM
So is there seriously just no UFC for the next 22 days? This is bullshit.

zY|
09-01-2012, 02:06 PM
It is.

SPX
09-01-2012, 04:27 PM
RAM. 12 gigs. Done.

I had pretty much resigned myself to ordering online because local places are way too expensive, but Best Buy had an 8 GB package for $58. I thought that was a pretty reasonable price for a brick-and-mortar store.

zY|
09-01-2012, 04:34 PM
Take a picture of it next to your ninja sword.

Seriously, why do you need 12gb of ram?

SPX
09-01-2012, 04:37 PM
Premiere Pro CS6. The minimum is 4 (which is what I had) but it doesn't run that great.

Some people are saying that if you want to be totally comfortable you need to be running 24 GB. But the most my mobo even supports is 16 GB.

For now, we're going to stick with 12 and see how it goes.

Ludo
09-01-2012, 05:58 PM
Premiere Pro CS6. The minimum is 4 (which is what I had) but it doesn't run that great.

Some people are saying that if you want to be totally comfortable you need to be running 24 GB. But the most my mobo even supports is 16 GB.

For now, we're going to stick with 12 and see how it goes.

12GB of RAM should be enough for video editing and all that assuming the rest of it is up to snuff. Plus your shit will run ultra smooth when your not doing that. Ever looked into PC gaming? 12GB of ram is plenty to run multiple processes without any hiccups including high res games and whatnot. What kind of processor are you running?

SPX
09-01-2012, 06:33 PM
Ever looked into PC gaming?

Looked into it, yes, but I have always preferred consoles over the PC for gaming. The only games I ever really got into on the PC are The 7th Guest, Quake 2 and Half-Life.

To be honest, I am almost never motivated to play video games anymore. You'll remember that I bought a PS3 with like 7 games a while back. Literally the only one that I've played so far is Street Fighter.

What kind of processor are you running?

Phenom II X4 @ 3.2 GHz

SPX
09-01-2012, 06:46 PM
Got a weird e-mail from Bovada today.

A little while back they closed my account because I'm in Utah. Then this morning I got this from them:

"Thanks to the recent delivery of payment options for residents of Utah we have been able to open your Bovada account."

I wonder what that's all about.

Ludo
09-01-2012, 09:17 PM
Looked into it, yes, but I have always preferred consoles over the PC for gaming. The only games I ever really got into on the PC are The 7th Guest, Quake 2 and Half-Life.

To be honest, I am almost never motivated to play video games anymore. You'll remember that I bought a PS3 with like 7 games a while back. Literally the only one that I've played so far is Street Fighter.

I used to play 7th Guest and Myst back in the day on PC. I also had Unreal Tournament, Command and Conquer Red Alert 2, and Quake III.

Phenom II X4 @ 3.2 GHz

You should have no trouble video editing with a quad core and 12GB of RAM.

SPX
09-01-2012, 09:38 PM
I used to play 7th Guest and Myst back in the day on PC. I also had Unreal Tournament, Command and Conquer Red Alert 2, and Quake III.

I tried Myst but just couldn't really get into it. After 5 minutes I was like "WTF am I supposed to do?" and then just gave up on it.

The 7th Guest was pimp. Ah. The wonders of the CD-ROM!

There's a fan group working on a 7th Guest sequel called The 13th Doll. It's been in development for years, but they keep plugging away at it.

http://www.t7g3.com/

You should have no trouble video editing with a quad core and 12GB of RAM.

I wouldn't think so. It's amazing to me how much more RAM programs need now than they did just a handful of years ago. The funny thing is that they don't seem to DO much more now than they did then. But yet they still require all these resources.

Ludo
09-01-2012, 11:48 PM
I tried Myst but just couldn't really get into it. After 5 minutes I was like "WTF am I supposed to do?" and then just gave up on it.

The 7th Guest was pimp. Ah. The wonders of the CD-ROM!

There's a fan group working on a 7th Guest sequel called The 13th Doll. It's been in development for years, but they keep plugging away at it.

http://www.t7g3.com/

I wouldn't think so. It's amazing to me how much more RAM programs need now than they did just a handful of years ago. The funny thing is that they don't seem to DO much more now than they did then. But yet they still require all these resources.

They do plenty more really. From the options available to the fact that now HD video is not only do-able, but affordable. But the biggest advancement has been production times. Now you can edit and "create" in less time when you work with the proper hardware, settings, and OS.

SPX
09-02-2012, 02:43 PM
http://robotninjazombies.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/power_glove.jpg

zY|
09-02-2012, 02:53 PM
I love the powerglove. It's so bad.

SPX
09-02-2012, 05:09 PM
When I was a kid I seriously thought The Wizard was like the best movie ever. Every time I watched it it inspired me to go out and buy a bunch of Nintendo shit.

That movie was nothing but one long Nintendo commercial. Ingenious, really.

SPX
09-02-2012, 05:19 PM
They do plenty more really. From the options available to the fact that now HD video is not only do-able, but affordable. But the biggest advancement has been production times. Now you can edit and "create" in less time when you work with the proper hardware, settings, and OS.

I'm not even just talking about video editing, though.

I mean, think about this: Office 2010 requires a 500 MHz processor and 512 MB of RAM for all the features to work. Office 95, on the other hand, would run on a 386 and 8 MB of RAM. That means you need a machine whose specs are 50+ times better to run 2010 than to run 95. But it's not like 2010 does 50x more shit or that it's newest features are 50x more advanced than what was in 95.

I maintain that the system requirements necessary to run today's program have far surpassed the actual improvements in those programs.

Ludo
09-02-2012, 05:52 PM
I'm not even just talking about video editing, though.

I mean, think about this: Office 2010 requires a 500 MHz processor and 512 MB of RAM for all the features to work. Office 95, on the other hand, would run on a 386 and 8 MB of RAM. That means you need a machine whose specs are 50+ times better to run 2010 than to run 95. But it's not like 2010 does 50x more shit or that it's newest features are 50x more advanced than what was in 95.

I maintain that the system requirements necessary to run today's program have far surpassed the actual improvements in those programs.

I agree there. I think it has more to do with the systems themselves. There aren't anymore 386's out there and the software reflects that. Most people are running 2GHz or better for a processor even without duo or quad cores and a minimum of 4GB of RAM just to start off. Vista was a huge proponent of this kind of thing because Vista required 4GB of RAM just to run the OS properly and if your processor wasn't up to snuff to handle the information the OS was throwing at it it would seize up and cause you problems.

SPX
09-02-2012, 09:39 PM
Cool little vid. . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYyAkBUfrN8

Ludo
09-02-2012, 10:57 PM
Fantasy League:

QB Matt Ryan, Atl QB
RB Ray Rice, Bal RB
RB Adrian Peterson, Min RB
WR DeSean Jackson, Phi WR
WR Mario Manningham, SF WR
TE Rob Gronkowski, NE TE
FLEX Jermichael Finley, GB TE
D/ST Packers D/ST, GB D/ST
K Rob Bironas, Ten K
BE Matt Schaub, Hou QB
BE Isaac Redman, Pit RB
BE Eddie Royal, SD WR
BE Devery Henderson, NO WR
BE Jets D/ST, NYJ D/ST
BE Martellus Bennett, NYG TE

Thoughts?

SPX
09-02-2012, 11:14 PM
Damn.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/air-show-disaster-iowa-caught-tape-142055601--abc-news-topstories.html

Mr. IWS
09-03-2012, 10:36 AM
Fantasy League:

QB Matt Ryan, Atl QB
RB Ray Rice, Bal RB
RB Adrian Peterson, Min RB
WR DeSean Jackson, Phi WR
WR Mario Manningham, SF WR
TE Rob Gronkowski, NE TE
FLEX Jermichael Finley, GB TE
D/ST Packers D/ST, GB D/ST
K Rob Bironas, Ten K
BE Matt Schaub, Hou QB
BE Isaac Redman, Pit RB
BE Eddie Royal, SD WR
BE Devery Henderson, NO WR
BE Jets D/ST, NYJ D/ST
BE Martellus Bennett, NYG TE

Thoughts?

QB Matt Ryan, Atl QB - I expect a HUGE year out of him, I wanted him in both my leagues but could didnt get him. I also think Julio has a Megatron like year.
RB Adrian Peterson, Min RB - Depending on where you got him, that could be a good pick, but I dont expect much out of him.
WR DeSean Jackson, Phi WR - I got him in my office leauge, I think he bounces back.
K Rob Bironas, Ten K - Love this guy, I got him in my big money league. Money from 50+
BE Matt Schaub, Hou QB - My starter in my big money league. I think he stays healthy finally and gets big money in the offseason.

Overall, your teams is realy solid. You cant go wrong with Ray Rice and Gronk being on your team.

Mr. IWS
09-03-2012, 10:36 AM
http://robotninjazombies.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/power_glove.jpg

One of the few things in my life that I never actually had, but wanted so much. this and a real wrestling belt.

SPX
09-03-2012, 11:30 AM
I had one. It sucked. It was hard to play games with and basically pointless. I remember it was bullshit like you had to lift your left pinkie to make Mario run and shit like that.

This trailer really isn't very good. Needs to show a lot more video game stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEbqd2QMkuw

SPX
09-03-2012, 11:32 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdwC4vhc594

SPX
09-03-2012, 12:57 PM
Ghostbusters is such an awesome movie.

Ludo
09-03-2012, 01:35 PM
QB Matt Ryan, Atl QB - I expect a HUGE year out of him, I wanted him in both my leagues but could didnt get him. I also think Julio has a Megatron like year.
RB Adrian Peterson, Min RB - Depending on where you got him, that could be a good pick, but I dont expect much out of him.
WR DeSean Jackson, Phi WR - I got him in my office leauge, I think he bounces back.
K Rob Bironas, Ten K - Love this guy, I got him in my big money league. Money from 50+
BE Matt Schaub, Hou QB - My starter in my big money league. I think he stays healthy finally and gets big money in the offseason.

Overall, your teams is realy solid. You cant go wrong with Ray Rice and Gronk being on your team.

I got Peterson in the 3rd round I believe. Took Rice in the first, Ryan I got in the 4th round and Shaub in like the 6th. 12 team league but we had a couple guys picking some wierd picks. The guy with the 6th pick took Matt Forte and Brees was still available by then.

I took the approach to wait on QB's until I had a good RB or two, and a good WR or TE to build off of since Running Backs were thin this year and QB was surprisingly deep.

edman5555
09-03-2012, 04:24 PM
http://www.mmafighting.com/2012/9/1/3280509/miguel-torres-trying-to-eye-the-positives-after-second-ufc-release

Miguel Torres released again from UFC. He will be fighting in Indiana. They will be building a card around him. Brace yourself Scientist.

SPX
09-03-2012, 04:49 PM
That's an interesting article, especially the part about the UFC handing him his walking papers "last week," because I read about him getting cut several weeks ago. Didn't PP post something about it?

edman5555
09-03-2012, 05:04 PM
Yeah I think he did. Strange, he must have done something stupid again. Anyways, the fights are in Indiana.

zY|
09-03-2012, 06:37 PM
When I was a kid I seriously thought The Wizard was like the best movie ever. Every time I watched it it inspired me to go out and buy a bunch of Nintendo shit.

That movie was nothing but one long Nintendo commercial. Ingenious, really.

I always hated the inaccuracies. Like he plays Double Dragon at the gas station for 30 seconds, but somehow makes it to the end of the 3rd level, and "you got 50,000 on Double Dragon!". Whatever that means.

And the power glove blows Zak, we all wanted it, but we didn't miss out on much.

SPX
09-03-2012, 06:46 PM
I was never too concerned about any inaccurate depiction of video games.

It's interesting you bring up the "50,000 on Double Dragon" thing because throughout my entire video game playing life I have NEVER given a shit about points and I've always assumed that no one else does either. That died with Galaga.

As for the Power Glove, I took mine back to Target. I even remember the day even though I was like 6.

Svino
09-03-2012, 07:46 PM
It's interesting you bring up the "50,000 on Double Dragon" thing because throughout my entire video game playing life I have NEVER given a shit about points and I've always assumed that no one else does either.

Yeah, I was the same way. I would judge myself by how far I got in the game, not how many "points" I got.

SPX
09-03-2012, 08:11 PM
I think that's the normal way. Points only matter if you want to get ranked by Twin Galaxies.

Speaking of which, anyone here seen The King of Kong?

SPX
09-03-2012, 09:54 PM
Is it just me or is the idea of Tyler Perry in an action movie fucking crazy?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOkItjdm8s8

SPX
09-03-2012, 10:59 PM
Man, this looks so pimp. The final result is totally believable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMdjmHQY7wM

poopoo333
09-04-2012, 02:11 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZ8MWGcU5m0&feature=player_embedded

SPX
09-04-2012, 02:27 PM
Is that yet another front kick knockout?

poopoo333
09-04-2012, 03:24 PM
UPDATE: Luke Rockhold linked to bout with Lorenz Larkin in November

Undefeated Olympic medalist Sara McMann signs with Strikeforce

SPX
09-04-2012, 04:01 PM
I guess Jacare will get his shot after Larkin then.

Interesting news about McMann. I've been wondering when that was going to happen.

Ludo
09-04-2012, 04:25 PM
McMann gets stomped by Rousey if they fight. Sara is literally just a wrestler right now. A modern day Mark Coleman type fighter, which goes back to what we talked about in the Rousey/Tate thread about womens MMA being in the dark ages right now. Womens MMA today is like MMA in America circa 1995.

SPX
09-04-2012, 06:43 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruef7aYCEbc

SPX
09-04-2012, 06:45 PM
McMann gets stomped by Rousey if they fight. Sara is literally just a wrestler right now. A modern day Mark Coleman type fighter, which goes back to what we talked about in the Rousey/Tate thread about womens MMA being in the dark ages right now. Womens MMA today is like MMA in America circa 1995.

I agree that McMann will get fucked up in that fight. But I wouldn't say Women's MMA is like MMA circa 1995. I'd at least put it around the year 2000.

Svino
09-04-2012, 06:51 PM
Claims in the press release may be a little hyperbolic, but I do think this is interesting.

Stanford researchers' cooling glove 'better than steroids' – and helps solve physiological mystery, too

http://news.stanford.edu/news/2012/august/cooling-glove-research-082912.html

zY|
09-04-2012, 07:15 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruef7aYCEbc

Pure poetry.

zY|
09-04-2012, 08:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7cgLu0PuQo

SPX
09-04-2012, 10:17 PM
Claims in the press release may be a little hyperbolic, but I do think this is interesting.

Stanford researchers' cooling glove 'better than steroids' – and helps solve physiological mystery, too

So where do I get one?

SPX
09-04-2012, 11:56 PM
Weird:

http://news.stanford.edu/news/2012/august/california-island-maps-083012.html

Svino
09-05-2012, 12:17 AM
Weird:

http://news.stanford.edu/news/2012/august/california-island-maps-083012.html

Yeah, it's pretty funny how mapmakers would just make shit up when they had no clue.

SPX
09-05-2012, 09:10 AM
I had never even heard that the idea of California as an island was even a thing.

MMA_scientist
09-05-2012, 09:40 AM

I remember reading at least 5 years ago about that, and there were some NFL teams that already had them on the sidelines. Pretty sure a commercial version has been available for a decade.

Ludo
09-05-2012, 02:03 PM
I had never even heard that the idea of California as an island was even a thing.

Scientists have been saying some day it will be for a long time now.

SPX
09-05-2012, 02:32 PM
I'm talking about in the past, not the future.

Ludo
09-05-2012, 02:34 PM
I remember reading at least 5 years ago about that, and there were some NFL teams that already had them on the sidelines. Pretty sure a commercial version has been available for a decade.

I think Mayhem brought some form of it to the TUF house when he coached against Bisping.

MMA_scientist
09-05-2012, 04:12 PM
somebody posted an article a couple months ago about Larry Wachowski becoming Lana Wachowski. There is another article out today: http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-talk/lana-wachowski-opens-her-transition-223211028.html

The most interesting and weird thing to me is that he is married to a woman. So he changed genders and then became a lesbian. That is one confused human being right there.

In all seriousness though, he is attracted to women, and he has the body of a man... I am actually really curious about how he arrived at his conclusion that he is really a woman trapped in a man's body. Judging from the fact that he is making "The Matrix" and "Speed Racer" and not chick flicks, I have to think his female sentiments would at least be more on the butch side, not 100% girly girl. So having the commitment to have your dick cut off... I really want to hear an explanation on how he knew he was a woman. i find this story fascinating.

SPX
09-05-2012, 06:48 PM
The Lana Wachowski situation is quite strange. That's not to say that I disapprove. If he feels so compelled then more power to him. But it's definitely weird.

I agree that all the external factors that I'm aware of--from the fact that after his first marriage collapsed he married another woman to the fact that their movies aren't really girly at all--give no indication of any feminine inclinations, but I guess there must just be some inner sense that he's supposed to have a pussy.

One thing that is for sure though is that he makes one ugly fucking woman.

zY|
09-05-2012, 07:08 PM
I guess he just wants to be part of the GLBTTQQIAAP community.

MMA_scientist
09-05-2012, 08:27 PM
but I guess there must just be some inner sense that he's supposed to have a pussy.

Yeah, usually the first indicator (I would assume) is that you are attracted to men. I don't know that I have ever heard of transgendered double gay.

I think he just wants attention.

SPX
09-06-2012, 12:53 AM
I think he just wants attention.

Something tells me he probably got more attention than he wanted after he made The Matrix.

I can't say I really get it, but I don't doubt the dude's sincerity.

SPX
09-06-2012, 01:30 AM
Anyone here seen Birth of a Nation?

MMA_scientist
09-06-2012, 12:56 PM
Something tells me he probably got more attention than he wanted after he made The Matrix.

I can't say I really get it, but I don't doubt the dude's sincerity.

Yeah, it was a joke. But he does have pink dreadlocks, not really a low profile style for the ladies. I also read that it is unknown whether he actually had the surgery, so at this point, he is just a cross dresser... that isn't nearly as interesting. Have some conviction, surgically remove your penis and construct a vag.

For some reason, people who change genders just fascinate me. I would really like to be in the head for a few minutes, I bet it is scary as hell.

SPX
09-06-2012, 01:12 PM
I wanna know what his wife thinks. I mean, is she really cool with it or just being "supportive" because she feels like she has to.

MMA_scientist
09-06-2012, 01:20 PM
If my wife came to me and said that she is a man trapped in a woman's body, a gay man though, but she wanted to dress as a man and possible grow a dick... Pretty sure I would have to divorce her. I like to think that I am a supportive husband, but there are limits to what I can endure.

Maybe his wife is a gay man trapped in a woman's body, so it all works out.

edman5555
09-06-2012, 05:29 PM
What happens when you realize you were wrong about being a woman and your dick is gone? Suicide? I wonder how many times that happens. It has got to throw your hormones off as well. Bad idea.

edman5555
09-06-2012, 05:29 PM
Insurance should not cover chopping your balls off.

zY|
09-06-2012, 06:31 PM
If my wife came to me and said that she is a man trapped in a woman's body, a gay man though, but she wanted to dress as a man and possible grow a dick... Pretty sure I would have to divorce her. I like to think that I am a supportive husband, but there are limits to what I can endure.

Maybe his wife is a gay man trapped in a woman's body, so it all works out.

Didn't he divorce his wife and marry another woman?

MMA_scientist
09-07-2012, 09:52 AM
Didn't he divorce his wife and marry another woman?

yeah it says it was in 2009. It doesn't say whether he became a woman before or after the marriage. Maybe he married a lesbian.

poopoo333
09-07-2012, 10:32 AM
MMA Legend Renzo Gracie Live Tweets As He Takes Out 2 Alleged Muggers (http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/9/7/3299969/mma-renzo-gracie-twitter-takes-out-2-alleged-muggers-new-york)

Svino
09-07-2012, 12:16 PM
Yeah, usually the first indicator (I would assume) is that you are attracted to men. I don't know that I have ever heard of transgendered double gay.

I don't know about Lana Wachowski, but I think most transgendered people know what's up well before that stage where they're getting sexually attracted to people. I also think it's pretty common for them to end up identifying as bisexual.

Svino
09-07-2012, 12:17 PM
MMA Legend Renzo Gracie Live Tweets As He Takes Out 2 Alleged Muggers (http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/9/7/3299969/mma-renzo-gracie-twitter-takes-out-2-alleged-muggers-new-york)

Wow, Renzo is nuts, and not in a good way. I hope for his sake those guys have a long rap sheet.

The moral of the story here is, "Don't be a cigarette mooch."

SPX
09-07-2012, 12:35 PM
BOL! I just read that shit. That dude IS fucking crazy!

I doubt anything will come of it since the other guys probably didn't even know who he was and Renzo's tweets and the incident will never be connected. But if they are, I have to assume it won't end well for him.

MMA_scientist
09-07-2012, 01:12 PM
They were clearly going to mug him, who follows you for blocks at 3am to bum a smoke? They were going to try to mug him, and he beat they ass. Good for him. Renzo is nuts for sure, and stupid, but also awesome.

MMA_scientist
09-07-2012, 01:20 PM
I don't know about Lana Wachowski, but I think most transgendered people know what's up well before that stage where they're getting sexually attracted to people. I also think it's pretty common for them to end up identifying as bisexual.

I don't know how old you were, but I was about 6 when I knew I liked girls. I definitely recall thinking about kissing 2 different girls in kindergarten, and was pretty disappointed when one of them cut her hair.
My daughter is 3 and she always tells me she is a boy. She won't be bat girl, she has to be bat man. She only plays with boy stuff. Should I be worried?

FTR, I don't believe that people are "transgendered." I think they are just fucking insane.

SPX
09-07-2012, 01:22 PM
FTR, I don't believe that people are "transgendered." I think they are just fucking insane.

Isn't there some biological basis for some of those people? Like, something about chromosomes and hormones that are different from regular people?

MMA_scientist
09-07-2012, 01:27 PM
Isn't there some biological basis for some of those people? Like, something about chromosomes and hormones that are different from regular people?

Not that I am aware of. I haven't done any research or even a google search, but I mean, gender identity is largely based on cultural norms. So "feeling" like you are woman, when you are a man, has to be based at least in part, on what it means to be a man or woman in that culture.

Also, even if there is a hormonal difference... I don't see how that makes you a different gender. You are just a guy who is effeminate or likes things that women typically like. You are not a woman. You are just really goddamned confused.

MMA_scientist
09-07-2012, 01:33 PM
Now that I have read wikipedia, some cultures identify more than 2 genders... kind of interesting as a concept. BUt if you have a penis, you are man. Maybe you are man that wishes he was a woman... but you are not a woman trapped in a man's body any more than that crazy fucker that tatooed himself to look like a tiger is a tiger trapped in a man's body.

SPX
09-07-2012, 02:55 PM
I try to be understanding of how people feel. I always say that it could be me in the same position. I'm sure that if I felt as Lana Wachowski does then I'd follow a similar course of action.

SPX
09-07-2012, 02:55 PM
What a cunt:

http://news.yahoo.com/police-angry-ex-girlfriend-triggered-us-airways-bomb-135336211--abc-news-topstories.html

Svino
09-07-2012, 03:31 PM

There are such things as XY females, but these people do not, in general, experience gender-dissociative feelings.

For typical transgendered people, there is no easy medical test you can do, it's just based on self-reporting like many other psychological conditions. The cause is thought to be related to hormonal exposure in the womb, but I'm not sure this is known with any certainty.

As for whether or not one's sex is an internal state of mind or is just culturally constructed, there is a test you can perform to figure it out. It works like this:

You give a baby a sex-change operation and tell the parents to raise it completely as if it were the new sex. Then you wait and see if the kid conforms to the new gender identity, or goes back to the one it had genetically. Believe it or not, this has been done many times, and the results are generally disastrous, with kids feeling out-of-place in their new bodies, showing many traits of stereotypical behavior of their original sex, and largely acting like transgendered kids.

Why would you actually do this? Basically, there were male kids with malformed or mangled genitals (botched circumcision) and doctors, who were influenced by social theorists claiming gender was entirely socially constructed, thought it would be best to just raise them as girls. Sadly, the first case of this procedure was being hailed as a triumph for many years, even as the patient was plagued by gender issues his whole life and eventually killed himself.

Whether or not you want to call transgender people "confused", it remains that transitioning to the other gender is pretty much the only known way to make them feel at peace with themselves and not totally miserable. It's also much better if parents understand this and catch it early enough, since taking action before the kid hits puberty is basically the difference between this:

http://cdn2-b.examiner.com/sites/default/files/styles/image_content_width/hash/70/28/702898bb2f39dcd9eb2d0a741c25270a.png

and this:

http://www.bangkokpicture.com/images/nightlife/poyladyboy2.jpg

As an aside, if you really want to dive into the weird world of body-dissociation, there are the amputee "wannabees":

http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_science/medical_examiner/2003/07/costing_an_arm_and_a_leg.single.html

Mr. IWS
09-07-2012, 04:52 PM
What a cunt:

http://news.yahoo.com/police-angry-ex-girlfriend-triggered-us-airways-bomb-135336211--abc-news-topstories.html

LOL. that shit was all over the news here.

trollface.jpg

SPX
09-07-2012, 05:00 PM
Why would you actually do this? Basically, there were male kids with malformed or mangled genitals (botched circumcision) and doctors, who were influenced by social theorists claiming gender was entirely socially constructed, thought it would be best to just raise them as girls. Sadly, the first case of this procedure was being hailed as a triumph for many years, even as the patient was plagued by gender issues his whole life and eventually killed himself.

On the flipside, it seems that having "malformed or mangled genitals" would also be a very negative life experience since you'd probably have no possibility of a normal sex life or any sex life at all.

http://www.bangkokpicture.com/images/nightlife/poyladyboy2.jpg

I'd fuck her.

SPX
09-07-2012, 05:01 PM
LOL. that shit was all over the news here.

trollface.jpg

That bitch fucked up. She must also be REALLY fucking stupid to think that she could do something like that and it not come back hard on her.

MMA_scientist
09-07-2012, 08:38 PM
You give a baby a sex-change operation and tell the parents to raise it completely as if it were the new sex. Then you wait and see if the kid conforms to the new gender identity, or goes back to the one it had genetically. Believe it or not, this has been done many times, and the results are generally disastrous, with kids feeling out-of-place in their new bodies, showing many traits of stereotypical behavior of their original sex, and largely acting like transgendered kids.

I am not saying that men and women are the same. What I am saying is that just because a man feels like he is a woman... he isn't. He is a man that feels like a woman. I am sure the feelings are real, in the same way that people with schizophrenia really do hear and see things that aren't there. To me, having the medical community accept gender switching as the "treatment" is pretty much the same thing as just telling the schizo to embrace the demons he hears and live in harmony with them so he can be happy inside. I am not saying it should be illegal or anything or even that it is wrong... I just think it is a crazy person who is probably very unbalanced in more ways than gender confusion.

That said, I really don't think that this is the position of the medical community as a whole (catch it early and embrace it).

MMA_scientist
09-07-2012, 08:42 PM
as an aside, this exchange has me worried about my daughter. She was riding around on my back saying she was Anakin tonight. I was like "how about you are princess leia? She's awesome, she takes out Jabba with a chain. You're a girl and she's a girl." She goes "No, I am a boy, I am Anakin when he was a little boy."

True fact, if my daughter wants a sugically installed penis in a few years, I will probably shoot myself in the head.

SPX
09-07-2012, 08:49 PM
You probably don't have anything to worry about regarding your daughter wanting a sex change, but it sounds like there's a fighting chance that she'll grow up to be a real tomboy.

MMA_scientist
09-07-2012, 08:57 PM
probably. She is way more athletic than my son.

Speaking of, my son is dealing his very first bully. Tonight when I was putting him to bed, he tells me about a kid that keeps throwing him down on the playground, and he told him "hey, you shouldn't do that... you're going to go to a school for bad kids." It is a fine line between teaching your kid to be civil, and not to be a pussy. I find men that are deathly afraid of confrontation or violence to be almost as bad as men that constantly seek it out. I want him to be honorable and sensible, but quite frankly, he is only 5 and my instinct was to tell him to punch the kid in the face. I am going to screw these kids up so bad. My wife was telling him to tell the teacher, and I go "no don't tattle, just say 'listen buster, if you do that again, I am going to knock your socks off. If you want to play with us, stop bullying, otherwise you can't play with us." That was my compromise- the threat of violence rather than actual violence.

Ludo
09-07-2012, 09:00 PM
http://i1197.photobucket.com/albums/aa434/chauncey2419/danaduckchase.gif

Svino
09-07-2012, 09:01 PM
That said, I really don't think that this is the position of the medical community as a whole (catch it early and embrace it).

I'm not sure, but I don't think there's single professional consensus on the best option. It's pretty controversial.

as an aside, this exchange has me worried about my daughter. She was riding around on my back saying she was Anakin tonight. I was like "how about you are princess leia? She's awesome, she takes out Jabba with a chain. You're a girl and she's a girl." She goes "No, I am a boy, I am Anakin when he was a little boy."

True fact, if my daughter wants a sugically installed penis in a few years, I will probably shoot myself in the head.

I guess you can leave her your penis in the will, then.

Seriously though, give it some time. Probably just something she's saying right now that she'll grow out of. Maybe it's influence from having an older brother. Worth keeping an eye on how strongly she insists on it and for how long, though. In any case, I think she needs to see the rest of the series to know what Anakin does when he grows up. She's 3, that should be old enough.

Svino
09-07-2012, 09:04 PM
http://i1197.photobucket.com/albums/aa434/chauncey2419/danaduckchase.gif

Someone was estimating that having to cancel UFC 151 cost Zuffa around $40 million. I'm thinking Dana should have used a little more "carrot" and a little less "stick" in trying to get Jones to accept the Sonnen fight.

MMA_scientist
09-07-2012, 09:09 PM
Oh they have the whole saga memorized. They know that Anakin killed younglings. My son is actually getting some pretty wicked lightsaber moves. We have epic battles all the time. They both insist that I put the theme song on full blast on the surround sound as a sound track to our duels. Usually, I am Dooku, and they are Anakin and Obi-Wan. Occasionally, I get to be Darth Maul and get chopped in half. In all honesty, when that song comes balsting out... it is probably the most pure expression of pure joy that I have ever seen. To my son, nothing- nothing, is better than that, he is totally in the moment and completely thrilled with what is occurring. It is something we can never re-capture as adults.

That said, those stupid plastic lightsabers hurt like hell.

MMA_scientist
09-07-2012, 09:11 PM
Someone was estimating that having to cancel UFC 151 cost Zuffa around $40 million. I'm thinking Dana should have used a little more "carrot" and a little less "stick" in trying to get Jones to accept the Sonnen fight.

Yeah, for a guy that claims to understand fighters, you would think he would understand that these guys probably are not going to respond well to ridicule. I think Jones specifically did not want to fight Sonnen because he doesn't like him and didn't want to give him the stage. He probably would have taken a different fight.

Ludo
09-07-2012, 09:11 PM

It was Meltzer estimating that. Kind of fucked up. Gotta think when his contract is up Jon Jones isn't getting a better deal.

MMA_scientist
09-07-2012, 09:13 PM
Jones is probably the best fighter in the world. He will get what is coming to him. I seriously doubt the UFC is going to let him go.

Ludo
09-07-2012, 09:14 PM
Jones is probably the best fighter in the world. He will get what is coming to him. I seriously doubt the UFC is going to let him go.

No, but they can refuse to give him more money. Hardball from here on out.

Svino
09-07-2012, 09:27 PM
Oh they have the whole saga memorized. They know that Anakin killed younglings. My son is actually getting some pretty wicked lightsaber moves. We have epic battles all the time. They both insist that I put the theme song on full blast on the surround sound as a sound track to our duels. Usually, I am Dooku, and they are Anakin and Obi-Wan. Occasionally, I get to be Darth Maul and get chopped in half. In all honesty, when that song comes balsting out... it is probably the most pure expression of pure joy that I have ever seen. To my son, nothing- nothing, is better than that, he is totally in the moment and completely thrilled with what is occurring. It is something we can never re-capture as adults.

That said, those stupid plastic lightsabers hurt like hell.

Come to think of it, I knew a lot of the story when I was 5 also, despite not having seen any of the movies yet. I guess it was that RotJ had just come out and it was floating around in the culture. I had plastic lightsaber duels with my dad and I used to get into arguments with kids in my kindergarten class who thought that "Star Wars was real".

As far as the bullying thing goes, I think it is your job to defend the family's honor by challenging the kid's dad to a fight. Or his mom, if his dad left them or his mom is really butch or something.

I do think it's kinda weird how society can be so, "Oh noes! Think of the children!" one minute and then be pretty much indifferent to physical conflict among kids that adults would be serving time for.

MMA_scientist
09-07-2012, 09:39 PM
One of the easiest ways to pass a ridiculous law is find a way to link to the saftery of children. I live right on the edge of a time zone, where I can jump to EST by driving 20 mins. My town sometimes decides to be on daylight savings time, sometimes not. The rationale of whoever wants it done is always that the kids might have to wait for the bus in the dark on EST.

But in my area at least, kids get arrested for fighting in school. I used to fight like every day, and nothing ever happened. In my area at least, they are rarely indifferent. More like zealots. Kid riding bike without helmet- hurry call the police.

SPX
09-07-2012, 09:51 PM
It is something we can never re-capture as adults.

I think about this a lot.

Being a kid is awesome. Being an adult sucks.

The older I get the more depressed and cynical I get.

MMA_scientist
09-07-2012, 10:03 PM
I don't really think that. So far, every age I have been, I have thought "this is the best age. I would stay 9/15/22/35 forever if given the option."

As happy as kids are, they cry and are frustrated and powerless a lot too. I haven't cried a sad tear in probably 15 years. As a kid, I was crying all the time.

As an adult, I am cynical and mean, but not really depressed or sad.

SPX
09-07-2012, 10:10 PM
That's not been my experience. I pretty consistently stay depressed and sad, always looking back to when things were better.

My best memories are from about 16 to 20.

MMA_scientist
09-07-2012, 10:28 PM
I have some good memories from that time. But I have good stuff now too. I get nostalgic about high school some and to a lesser extent college. But I get nostalgic about my first law job and my shitty office, and then I get nostalgic about marriage and kids, and moving...

Honestly, if I had to choose between being 21 and 35, I would choose 35. I am starting to feel my athleticism leave me, and I am fat now, and I was svelte then, so that part of me is longing for better days. But my mind and my life, I prefer it now. There are parts of 21 year old me that I would take, but total package, every year I think I would choose the current edition so far.

Sorry to hear that you are sad all the time. I don't see why you should be sad. You have youth and potential and no major hurdles to doing whatever it is that you want to do with yourself. I think I would be pretty damned excited to be in your shoes.

SPX
09-07-2012, 10:55 PM
I had a lot more enthusiasm for life and more passion for things when I was younger. I didn't have such a grim view of life and the universe. I think I'm more aware now of the amount of suffering in the world and the fact that there's not much that can be done about it. I can't remember which movie it was, but there was a movie where Woody Allen says, "I can't be happy if there's even one person suffering in the world." I kind of feel that way.

I also have less faith in myself and my own abilities. When I was younger I always thought that once I get established in the world that I would make it my bitch. When I was 15 I thought that by the time I was 30 that I would already be wildly successful and would have participated in all kinds of awesomeness. Pretty much the opposite has happened.

Most importantly, though, I have lost a lot of faith in people. I've come to the conclusion that we all suffer from a disease called humanity and, as far as I can tell, it's a malady that is pretty much unfixable.

Svino
09-07-2012, 11:27 PM
When I was a little kid, I was convinced that life was going to be basically downhill, at least until retirement. I thought that way because it seemed like you just had to take on more and more responsibilities as you got older and that would make life suck. Adulthood seemed like all work and no play.

So far, I've found it to be almost the exact opposite. I have so much more freedom now; it feels like I can pretty much do whatever I want, whenever I want. I guess I didn't appreciate just how much it means that the responsibilities you have can be of your own choosing and that some of the ones I had the least interest in (like parenthood) could be easily opted out of.

SPX
09-07-2012, 11:53 PM
My arc has pretty much been the exact opposite. When I was young I thought the adult world held all the awesomeness. I was like, "If I can just get on my own . . . if I can just become an adult . . . then I can make anything happen." I figured my life would be like a movie.

Then I actually became an adult and I realized that the shit is actually pretty lame.

zY|
09-08-2012, 01:23 AM
I'm with X on this one. I'm so fucking bitter and cynical. I hate pretty much everything and everybody, most of all myself.

Ludo
09-08-2012, 03:23 AM
I'm with X on this one. I'm so fucking bitter and cynical. I hate pretty much everything and everybody, most of all myself.

We've noticed.

Mr. IWS
09-08-2012, 08:46 AM
Speaking of, my son is dealing his very first bully.

I gotta say, for Me, this is the worst part of having to be a parent. Its the first time you really can't protect your child. You feel helpless and it makes you sick. I had to pull my Son out of his first school because of that shit.

My wife had the approach with my Son to not hit anyone (mostly because I was pretty violent when I was young and She didnt want him to be like that) but turns out that line of thinking made the kid so passive, he wont raise his hand to anyone now. I kinda got lucky because He is fuckin huge now, plays highschool football and is actually a really friendly kid, so he gets along with everyone no matter who/color they are but My wife says she should have let him confront these little fuckers more when He was a kid and work that shit out Himself.

We took that approach with my Daughter, and to be quite honest, If I had to characterize her, she would play the part of the Bully. As much as my neighbors hate Her and are always complaining about her, given the choice between the two, Ill take the Bully. LOL

SPX
09-08-2012, 11:16 AM

For once, we agree on something. My brother.

I still try to hold out hope that I can reverse course but the older I get the less likely that seems.

SPX
09-08-2012, 11:21 AM
Someone here should order one of these, take pics, and post them:

http://shine.yahoo.com/fashion/hug-jacket-coat-cold-lonely-164500181.html

zY|
09-08-2012, 11:42 AM
We've noticed.

Leonardo is the 2nd lamest ninja turtle, only ahead of Donatello.

edman5555
09-08-2012, 11:51 AM
I have some good memories from that time. But I have good stuff now too. I get nostalgic about high school some and to a lesser extent college. But I get nostalgic about my first law job and my shitty office, and then I get nostalgic about marriage and kids, and moving...

Honestly, if I had to choose between being 21 and 35, I would choose 35. I am starting to feel my athleticism leave me, and I am fat now, and I was svelte then, so that part of me is longing for better days. But my mind and my life, I prefer it now. There are parts of 21 year old me that I would take, but total package, every year I think I would choose the current edition so far.

Sorry to hear that you are sad all the time. I don't see why you should be sad. You have youth and potential and no major hurdles to doing whatever it is that you want to do with yourself. I think I would be pretty damned excited to be in your shoes.

Damn, 35? I am turning 30 in JAnuary. The reason I was asking about ACL's before is I am going to have to get an ACL reconstruction next year. I injured myself falling down and I have a partial tear in my right ACL. I think I also hurt my MCL though that should have healed. Partial tears don't heal so they only option is to have a weaker knee or get it replaced. I have to wait until next year for insurance reasons. We'll see what happens. I think I should be ok. I found a really good doctor.

MMA_scientist
09-08-2012, 09:59 PM
Damn, 35? I am turning 30 in JAnuary. The reason I was asking about ACL's before is I am going to have to get an ACL reconstruction next year. I injured myself falling down and I have a partial tear in my right ACL. I think I also hurt my MCL though that should have healed. Partial tears don't heal so they only option is to have a weaker knee or get it replaced. I have to wait until next year for insurance reasons. We'll see what happens. I think I should be ok. I found a really good doctor.

It doesn't seem old to me now ( I just turned 35). I actually feel much better than I did when I was 30. I really don't think I have diminished strength or speed, I just break more often and it lasts longer. Every age that I am, that usually seems like the right age to me.

Sorry to hear about your knee... sucks you didn't even get hurt in a cool way. You'll heal up. Your dreams of being an NFL back are probably over, but you will be good enough to do everything else.

MMA_scientist
09-08-2012, 10:05 PM
For once, we agree on something. My brother.

I still try to hold out hope that I can reverse course but the older I get the less likely that seems.

I don't know, I am a pessimisstic prick on the outside, but really, I am quite content and happy. I mean, day to day, I have very little fun and I don't smile and act chipper, but I feel more or less fulfilled- at least as much as people can I think. For me, I don't focus on happiness in the moment as much as overall satisfaction. I am the opposite of those people that smile all the time but are depressed, I am grumpy all the time, but I am actually feeling pretty good.

So yeah, everything pretty much sucks and I don't like people very much... but I can draw quite a bit out of simple things. I went out for ride today on my bike, it was fuckin awesome, and I was pretty well completely happy to be there the whole time. I hit the river trail, and I was silently buzzing pedestrians and laughnig my ass off as they jumped halfway across the trial when I flew by them at 25 mph. It was a mixture of pissing people off, doing good things for my body, and enjoying the sunshine and the amenities my city offers. I was good. I stayed in a good mood until I went to funeral today (the cancer girl I told you guys about a few weeks ago died this week). I actually got a little choked up at the funeral, and then felt really happy to be alive when I saw my kids when I got home. I am lucky. Some people might look at my life and be depressed- fat suburban dad living in the same town he went to HS in, having occasional sex with the same girl for 12 years (and for life), 9-5 job, screaming kids when he gets home... but I just embrace it, I love it. I would be equally happy in the opposite life though i think. I think it is just a good sense of perspective... it could be a hella lot worse. I am a curmudgeonly prick, who has almost no friends and everyone thinks I am a dick... but I don't care. I feel fine.

MMA_scientist
09-08-2012, 10:10 PM
I gotta say, for Me, this is the worst part of having to be a parent. Its the first time you really can't protect your child. You feel helpless and it makes you sick. I had to pull my Son out of his first school because of that shit.

As much as my neighbors hate Her and are always complaining about her, given the choice between the two, Ill take the Bully. LOL

I am going to see how it plays out with the threat. I am going to let him deal with it himself. But I can't stand bullies, never could. I was something of a bully slayer when I was a kid and still see myself this way somewhat (taking up for the little guy, except, now instead of whupping bully ass on the playground, I am taking up for people who can't fight their own battles in the legal system). It is cheesy, but I really don't like people who abuse other people just because they can. My life's work is to whup these people's asses in one way or another.

Svino
09-09-2012, 01:35 AM
Leonardo is the 2nd lamest ninja turtle, only ahead of Donatello.

What? No way. Donatello was the best turtle.

SPX
09-09-2012, 05:33 AM
The coolest Turtle, clearly, was Raphael.

When I was a kid I would've said Michaelangelo. But now I know the truth.

zY|
09-09-2012, 11:34 AM
X knows

SPX
09-09-2012, 02:33 PM
Speaking of the Turtles, the first movie was by far the best. There's actually an interesting story regarding the second: Parental groups decried the violence, profanity and overall dark tone of the first one and that's why the second one is lighter and more cartoony. It would be interesting to see how the second one would've turned out if the filmmakers had stayed the course.

SPX
09-09-2012, 02:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqddgi_EGeo

zY|
09-09-2012, 02:57 PM
I like the 2nd one better, tbh.

Keno, Tokha, Rahzar, Super Shredder, that cool abandoned train station lair. Yeah...

zY|
09-09-2012, 03:01 PM
BTW, that foot soldier's nunchuking was more impressive than Michelangelo's. I mean, cmon, it's a fat clunky turtle costume.

zY|
09-09-2012, 03:02 PM
Also,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzkVxkiOqGA

MMA_scientist
09-09-2012, 03:51 PM
I would like tmnt retold, chris nolan style.

Raphael was by far the coolest, all the others were trying too hard. Plus he had the sai

Ludo
09-09-2012, 04:26 PM
Trent Richardson:

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1348457/trentrichardsonbeast.gif

Svino
09-09-2012, 04:52 PM

Raphael was by far the coolest, all the others were trying too hard. Plus he had the sai

Have you seen the the Fight the Foot short fan film?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldC6krN7PNM

Also, an interview with the director: http://www.strangekidsclub.com/2011/01/25/interview-w-richard-krause-director-of-fight-the-foot-exclusive/

SPX
09-09-2012, 05:40 PM
BTW, that foot soldier's nunchuking was more impressive than Michelangelo's.

I agree. I had to do my best to suspend my disbelief that anyone would actually be convinced otherwise.

SPX
09-09-2012, 05:42 PM

I'd be down for that. My understanding is that the tone of the original comic was actually pretty dark and serious anyway.

SPX
09-09-2012, 05:49 PM
Have you seen the the Fight the Foot short fan film?

That was pretty cool. Why so short, though? I wonder how much it cost to make.

Speaking of short films, I thought this was pretty interesting and gives you a glimpse into low-budget action filmmaking. . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QoNouEfjuo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHS_fUa-iDI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIuY-u9t0-Q

zY|
09-09-2012, 09:36 PM
Trent Richardson:

Thats my dog. He looked better than his 2 ypc would lead one to believe. Better than Weeden's 6.0 passer rating, at least.

zY|
09-09-2012, 09:38 PM
I'd be down for that. My understanding is that the tone of the original comic was actually pretty dark and serious anyway.

Isnt Michael bay rebooting the turtles?

Svino
09-09-2012, 09:41 PM
Isnt Michael bay rebooting the turtles?

Apparently, his team came up with a script that was so bad the project got shelved.

SPX
09-09-2012, 09:58 PM
I heard something about it and apparently the concept took a LOT of liberties with the original story. Like, the Turtles were aliens or some shit like that.

Ludo
09-09-2012, 10:20 PM
Thats my dog. He looked better than his 2 ypc would lead one to believe. Better than Weeden's 6.0 passer rating, at least.

Yeah, it was an ugly game all around really. Neither team looked especially good, even in the instances where someone scored. A total fantasy killer for anyone with Vick, Celek, Richardson, or Maclin. McCoy owners got an alright game out of him but nothing special by any means.

Svino
09-09-2012, 10:42 PM
I heard something about it and apparently the concept took a LOT of liberties with the original story. Like, the Turtles were aliens or some shit like that.

If you want to watch a detailed description of the leaked script, it's here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O75-NAsJxlM

SPX
09-09-2012, 10:44 PM
Cool, I'll check that out.

SPX
09-09-2012, 10:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVrgfz3B1-8

zY|
09-09-2012, 11:18 PM
Apparently, his team came up with a script that was so bad the project got shelved.

Ah, I heard about the alien script (and the subsequent Internet neckbeard outrage), just didn't hear that they shelved it.

zY|
09-09-2012, 11:19 PM
Yeah, it was an ugly game all around really. Neither team looked especially good, even in the instances where someone scored. A total fantasy killer for anyone with Vick, Celek, Richardson, or Maclin. McCoy owners got an alright game out of him but nothing special by any means.

Yeah it was comically bad. Defenses looked alright.

My Saints shit the bed too. Actually they overachieved considering how bad they were getting dominated at the line of scrimmage. They shouldn't have even been in a position to make it close.

Mr. IWS
09-10-2012, 09:05 AM
Trent Richardson:

Nice! I actually missed that.

SPX
09-10-2012, 11:52 AM
Hey Svino, Cloud Atlas:

http://www.theweek.co.uk/film/48915/cloud-atlas-oscar-worthy-epic-or-unparalleled-disaster

poopoo333
09-10-2012, 01:00 PM
We need more MMA, it's been a ghost town here lately.

SPX
09-10-2012, 01:38 PM
I've enjoyed the Ninja Turtles discussion, but yeah it's been pretty quiet.

Svino
09-10-2012, 05:09 PM
Hey Svino, Cloud Atlas:

http://www.theweek.co.uk/film/48915/cloud-atlas-oscar-worthy-epic-or-unparalleled-disaster

Interesting. Definitely a mixed reaction, there. I'm still hopeful.

SPX
09-10-2012, 07:30 PM
Yeah, it seems like it can go either way depending on who you are as a viewer.

SPX
09-10-2012, 08:57 PM
All the makings of another Ruby Ridge. .

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/photos-dead-police-officer-posted-outside-tennessee-farm-220517988.html?_esi=1

SPX
09-10-2012, 09:33 PM
Random thought/question of the day:

What would the world be like today if the Axis Powers had won WWII?

Ludo
09-10-2012, 09:36 PM

We'd be saying danke shcoen and industry would be much larger the world over. That and jewish deli's would be a thing of the past(moreso than they already are).

SPX
09-10-2012, 11:01 PM
I was thinking about it earlier.

First off, you have to think that Germany would've then taken over a significant portion of the world, or at least the European world. We wouldn't be the United States. And the world as a whole would have a lot fewer Jews and people of color, because Hitler would've extended his Final Solution to all territories so most likely a vast amount of non-Aryans who are in the world today/whose descendants are in the world today would simply no longer exist.

Religion might also be different. Either the Catholic church's influence would be much greater than it is today or the neo-pagan beliefs that Himmler wanted to institute would be the dominant religion.

There would probably also be far fewer nations, with Germany, Russia and Japan ruling over most of the world.

The shit is just crazy to contemplate.

SPX
09-10-2012, 11:23 PM
The future:

http://news.yahoo.com/photos/historic-visions-of-the-future-slideshow/postcards-from-the-future-photo-1347289263.html

Ludo
09-11-2012, 12:13 AM
The future:

http://news.yahoo.com/photos/historic-visions-of-the-future-slideshow/postcards-from-the-future-photo-1347289263.html

Oh how the Jetsons lied to us all.

SPX
09-11-2012, 10:26 AM
What's amazing is how much the world has changed in the past two centuries compared to the past two millennia before that. Benjamin Franklin flies a fucking kite and the next thing you know all hell has broken loose.

Mr. IWS
09-11-2012, 10:33 AM
I think the real question, is where the fuck are our hovering skate boards?

SPX
09-11-2012, 10:39 AM
I remember when I was a kid and I watched Back to the Future II with my cousins they told me that hoverboards actually existed and there were people riding them, but they were expensive and you could only get them in California. I believed it. They may have, too.

SPX
09-11-2012, 11:45 AM
Life's a bitch and I'm her pimp!

Mr. IWS
09-11-2012, 02:05 PM
I would scream like a woman.

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshh86Y5nrEHNS3jStWk

SPX
09-11-2012, 02:07 PM
Dude, what the fuck? How do they know that cat wasn't going to eat that motherfucker?

Mr. IWS
09-11-2012, 02:28 PM
Dude, what the fuck? How do they know that cat wasn't going to eat that motherfucker?

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshh35G7NNySpr59X071

White people

SPX
09-11-2012, 02:36 PM
I wouldn't do that shit.

SPX
09-11-2012, 02:39 PM
Jerry Lawler. . .

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/post/jerry-lawler-wrestled-shortly-before-his-heart-attack?urn=top,wp569

Mr. IWS
09-11-2012, 02:51 PM
Jerry Lawler. . .

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/post/jerry-lawler-wrestled-shortly-before-his-heart-attack?urn=top,wp569

werk.........

SPX
09-11-2012, 03:03 PM
No, I really think it's for real.

Mr. IWS
09-11-2012, 03:30 PM
No, I really think it's for real.

Yeah, I know. Its actually pretty crazy. I saw a clip on youtube during the match, you would have never known what happened except Michael Cole was quiet.

From another angle up in the crowd, you can see they took him out the side and around and right out the door.

Might be time for him to ease back and just commentate now.

Svino
09-11-2012, 04:11 PM

Maybe Sorgel would have had some luck talking the Nazis into Atlantropa:

http://bigthink.com/strange-maps/287-dam-you-mediterranean-the-atlantropa-project?page=all

Mr. IWS
09-11-2012, 04:12 PM

Movies would suck and The NBA would be full of jump shooters?

Thats actually a pretty good question.

SPX
09-11-2012, 06:14 PM
Yeah, I know. Its actually pretty crazy. I saw a clip on youtube during the match, you would have never known what happened except Michael Cole was quiet.

From another angle up in the crowd, you can see they took him out the side and around and right out the door.

Might be time for him to ease back and just commentate now.

Being from Memphis, I have a soft spot for Jerry Lawler. I used to watch him on USWA wrestling on Saturdays sometimes and think I may have even seem him live at the Mid-South Colosseum. (I did see The Undertaker and Sid Vicious that night, which was cool.)

Hopefully he makes a speedy recovery and this just ends up being a blip on his radar.

SPX
09-11-2012, 06:36 PM
Maybe Sorgel would have had some luck talking the Nazis into Atlantropa:

http://bigthink.com/strange-maps/287-dam-you-mediterranean-the-atlantropa-project?page=all

That's actually pretty interesting. I am always interested in people's grand social projects. Essentially, that's what America is, after all.

SPX
09-11-2012, 06:38 PM
Thats actually a pretty good question.

I imagine the world would be a very different place. Because you know the Nazis wouldn't have just said "okay . . . we win!" and then help us rebuild and let us go on our merry way.

SPX
09-12-2012, 05:20 PM
What the fuck are we going to do about these Muslims?

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/innocence-muslims-film-sparked-deadly-u-embassy-attacks-142118931.html

Mr. IWS
09-12-2012, 06:40 PM

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/innocence-muslims-film-sparked-deadly-u-embassy-attacks-142118931.html

I suggest, leave them the fuck alone. They dont seem to bother anyone until americans start putting their nose in their buisness.

Dont start nuthin, wont be nuthin.

zY|
09-12-2012, 07:08 PM

If my facebook feed were any indication, apparently we need to "go muzzie huntin" and eliminate entire countries from the map.

SPX
09-12-2012, 07:32 PM
I suggest, leave them the fuck alone. They dont seem to bother anyone until americans start putting their nose in their buisness.

Dont start nuthin, wont be nuthin.

Well they consider pretty much anything provocation. In this case, some guy makes a low-budget, shitty movie and their reaction is to attack embassies and kill diplomats. First off, that's not even a logical course of action. Second, it's an affront to free speech.

Also, if you remember they flew three planes into buildings for no real reason at all.

(With that said, 9/11 was an inside job.)

SPX
09-12-2012, 07:35 PM
If my facebook feed were any indication, apparently we need to "go muzzie huntin" and eliminate entire countries from the map.

I'll copy and paste from a response I sent someone earlier today:

I actually wouldn't be surprised if we eventually found ourselves in an out-and-out holy war. Plenty of people are getting more and more concerned about Islamic influence in this country and my understanding is that it's significantly worse in Europe. Eventually white people might start fighting back with more than words.

One of the biggest problems with the way these extremists act is that they make non-Muslims so hostile to the religion that it comes back on moderate minding-their-own-business Muslims. Part of me feels like the religion should just be eradicated from the world. But that's not really sensitive or fair to those believers who express their faith in non-violent ways.

zY|
09-12-2012, 07:53 PM
One of the biggest problems with the way these extremists act is that they make non-Christians so hostile to the religion that it comes back on moderate minding-their-own-business Christians. Part of me feels like the religion should just be eradicated from the world. But that's not really sensitive or fair to those believers who express their faith in non-violent ways.

This is how I feel living in the south.

SPX
09-12-2012, 07:58 PM
Christians can be annoying but, other than the occasional very rare exception, all they do is talk. They're not committing violent acts and they don't do anything to physically stop you from living your life the way you want to live it. You can just tell them the fuck off and go about your business.

SPX
09-12-2012, 07:59 PM
I'm sure if Muslims saw this they would burn down an embassy and kill a few people. Probably rape some white bitches, too.

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/295289

zY|
09-12-2012, 10:23 PM
Christians can be annoying but, other than the occasional very rare exception, all they do is talk. They're not committing violent acts and they don't do anything to physically stop you from living your life the way you want to live it. You can just tell them the fuck off and go about your business.

True, but I'd venture to guess that's mostly because we're on top.

SPX
09-13-2012, 12:11 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CLz2Hh9uqM

SPX
09-13-2012, 01:07 PM
Pretty cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2dxC-Y8SJA

Mr. IWS
09-13-2012, 04:52 PM
Some good shit here

http://www.buzzfeed.com/expresident/most-powerful-photographs-ever-taken

zY|
09-13-2012, 07:10 PM
Some good shit here

Well that killed my cynicism for about 5 minutes.

Mr. IWS
09-13-2012, 07:25 PM
Well that killed my cynicism for about 5 minutes.

lol

SPX
09-13-2012, 08:01 PM
Some good shit here

Those really are nice. I enjoyed that.

I was expecting more worldstarhiphop bullshit, but that is legit.

SPX
09-13-2012, 10:06 PM
Anyone here listen to Trivium?

zY|
09-13-2012, 10:22 PM
They're my favorite Metallica cover band.

SPX
09-13-2012, 10:30 PM
I heard the "they're just like Metallica!!111" criticism before, but I don't think they're anymore like Metallica than a lot of other metal bands.

I'm listening to In Waves right now and it's a pretty damn good album. And if anything, I'm hearing more Megadeth influence than Metallica.

I mean, the opening riff here sounds like it could've come right off of any post-RIP Deth album:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQ2w8kNWWjQ

zY|
09-13-2012, 10:57 PM
I don't know, some of their older stuff sounds almost exactly like Metallica. And they're not bad, really. Just meh.

SPX
09-13-2012, 10:59 PM
I have The Crusade, which I have had for years but haven't listened to much, and In Waves, which I think is a pretty good album.

Svino
09-14-2012, 12:47 AM
"You are a cancer spreading its wings"

Could they mix that metaphor any harder?

poopoo333
09-14-2012, 10:50 AM
Just took a screenshot from the Yahoo front page:

http://i50.tinypic.com/zt7uyc.jpg

SPX
09-14-2012, 11:12 AM
BOL!

SPX
09-14-2012, 11:12 AM
http://www.theonion.com/articles/apple-announces-new-iphone-with-nword-on-back-know,29531/

SPX
09-14-2012, 11:43 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJVuqYkI2jQ

MMA_scientist
09-14-2012, 12:05 PM
http://www.theonion.com/articles/apple-announces-new-iphone-with-nword-on-back-know,29531/

it is funny because it is true.

MMA_scientist
09-14-2012, 12:05 PM
Daniel Day-Lewis is a bad ass.