PDA

View Full Version : 4-7-12

poopoo333
04-07-2012, 12:12 AM
We are looking for someone to post service plays in the evenings from 5pm and on from there. If you can spare some time, the group would really appreciate it.

Note:

ALL PLAYS POSTED ARE UNCONFIRMED UNLESS YOU BUY THEM YOURSELF. THERE IS BAD INFO PASSED AROUND FROM TIME TO TIME, SO PLAY AT YOUR OWN RISK

poopoo333
04-07-2012, 12:13 AM
Baseball Crusher

Tampa Bay -124 over Yankees

poopoo333
04-07-2012, 12:13 AM
Hockey Crusher

Nashville Predators + Colorado Avalanche OVER 5

poopoo333
04-07-2012, 12:21 AM
Basketball Crusher

Indiana Pacers -2 over Boston Celtics

poopoo333
Soccer Crusher

Birmingham City + Crystal Palace OVER 2
This match is happening in England

poopoo333
MLBPredictions / Kevin

I've a pick for Saturday, April 7th so I'm going to send it out now.
A write up for it should be coming tonight or tomorrow morning.

This line opened up at some places with the Tigers at +102 and it has quickly moved.

Boston Red Sox @ Detroit Tigers - TIGERS TO WIN (-106)
Beckett vs Fister
(Note: I'm risking 2.12 units to win 2 unit)

poopoo333
Hot lines: Saturday's best MLB bets

Boston Red Sox at Detroit Tigers (-105, N/A)

If Austin Jackson can finally trim his strikeout tally this season, Detroit’s offense is going to be potent with Prince Fielder and Miguel Cabrera in the middle of the order.

Jackson, who struck out 181 times last season, made adjustments to shorten his swing in the offseason and came through with three hits Thursday, including a game-winning single in the ninth inning to help Detroit down Boston 3-2.

"I get the strikeout questions a lot, but it doesn't bother me. I understand," Jackson told reporters after the game. "I stayed with the approach as far as just putting the ball in play, and it worked out."

Detroit may not even need much offensive output if Doug Fister can keep his hot streak going since coming over from Seattle at last year’s trade deadline. Fister went 8-1 after joining the Tigers before the postseason and is 5-0 with a 1.23 ERA in six starts at Comerica Park.

Going up against Josh Beckett is never easy, but you have to like the home team value here.

Pick: Tigers

Philadelphia Phillies at Pittsburgh Pirates (+155, N/A)

The Pittsburgh Pirates insist that their offense is going to be more productive this season with manager Clint Hurdle drilling the buzzword “finish” into his team after their second-half collapse last year.

It’s going to be tough for them to get out of the gate quickly facing Philadelphia’s pitching staff.

Roy Halladay threw eight innings of two-hit ball in Thursday’s season opener while striking out five Pirates in a 1-0 win and Philadelphia sends Cliff Lee to the hill for Game 2 of the series.

"Well, I know he's Cliff Lee. But he's still a pitcher,” Pittsburgh’s Andrew McCutchen told reporters. “To me, you've got to get in there like he's any other pitcher, show up and do your job."

If you’re up to laying the chalk, Philadelphia is an easy play. Otherwise, stick with the under.

Pick: Under

poopoo333
04-07-2012, 12:22 AM
Pick 'n' roll: Saturday's best NBA bets

Oddsmakers have yet to set a line for Saturday's Kings-Clippers matchup.
Pick should be considered an early lean.

Sacramento Kings at Los Angeles Clippers (N/A)

When the Clippers downed the Kings on Thursday, DeMarcus Cousins and Blake Griffin were close to throwing punches.

After Cousins fouled out, he reportedly challenged Griffin to meet him in the tunnel to settle the score. That didn’t materialize, but it’s clear this one could be a spirited affair.

"He's babied," Cousins told SI.com about Griffin. "He's the poster child of the league. He sells tickets, but he's babied. Bottom line. He gets away with [everything]. He taunts players. Nothing is done. He's babied."

Babied or not, Griffin is averaging 20.7 points 10.9 rebounds and three assists per game this season, while the Clippers have won seven of their last eight, covering six times over that stretch.

Meanwhile, Cousins was fined $25,000 for his tirade about Griffin and the referees. Sacramento has cashed just twice over the last nine games.

Pick: Clippers

Orlando Magic at Philadelphia 76ers (-4.5, 180)

This Dwight Howard-Stan Van Gundy fiasco just isn’t going away.

Word is that Van Gundy will be manning the bench for Saturday’s game, but at this point anything could happen.

It’s pretty clear Howard has no interest in playing for Van Gundy after he managed just eight points and eight rebounds in 39 minutes of work during Thursday’s loss to New York.

Still, Howard insists he hasn’t requested Van Gundy be fired, pointing the finger at the media.

"We're capable of getting through anything," Howard told reporters. "Right now, the leader is being attacked from all angles, and it's my job to stay strong for the team and not allow anything to break my spirit or break who I am as a person or a player. And the rest of the guys will follow."

We’re not buying it.

Pick: 76ers

poopoo333
04-07-2012, 12:22 AM
Ice picks: Saturday's best NHL bets

Tampa Bay Lightning at Winnipeg Jets (-140, 6)

Steven Stamkos has his final chance to become the 20th NHL player to reach 60 goals in a single season when his Tampa Bay Lightning visit the Winnipeg Jets in the season finale for both on Saturday.

Stamkos needs one goal to become only the second player to reach the milestone since the 1995-96 season.

Stamkos recorded nine goals in the last eight games and has a career-high 96 points – 11 behind league-leader Evgeni Malkin of Pittsburgh. He is not the only Lightning player reaching milestones. Martin St. Louis has at least 25 goals in nine consecutive seasons – a franchise record -- after scoring at Toronto Thursday.

Power forward Ryan Malone is three points shy of matching his career high of 51. Dwayne Roloson is expected to get the start in goal in what could be his final NHL game. Roloson is 4-2-1 in his last seven starts and has 226 career victories.

Tampa Bay has just 12 road victories, tied for last in the league and could have trouble in front of a wild Winnipeg crowd.

Pick: Jets

Carolina Hurricanes at Florida Panthers (-175, 5)

The Florida Panthers’ 10-year playoff is over and if they can earn a single point against Carolina, they will clinch their first Southeast Division title.

"We feel that Saturday night is something for our home fans. We want to go out and repay them,” coach Kevin Dineen told reporters. "We've got a loyal group that have seen a lot of hockey over the last couple years. We want them to walk out of that game Saturday night with a good feeling."

The Panthers are 20-9-2-9 at home this season, but have dropped three straight in front of their loyal supporters. The good news is they picked up a point in each of those losses.

If Florida does pick up a point, it will play New Jersey in the first round, not the New York Rangers. That’s some major motivation for Dineen’s troops, but this price is awfully steep.

Pick: Under

poopoo333
04-07-2012, 12:23 AM
Saturday’s betting tips

Mets' knuckler worried about weather.

Weather to watch

Minnesota Twins at Baltimore Orioles: Early forecasts predict up to 20 mph winds blowing in from left-centerfield.

Who’s Hot

NBA: Boston is 5-0-2 against the spread in its last seven overall.

NBA: The over is 17-7 in Minnesota’s last 24 road games.

NHL: Vancouver has won seven of its last eight.

NHL: New Jersey has won five straight.

MLB: Toronto is 10-4 in Brandon Morrow’s last 14 starts.

Who’s Not

NBA: Orlando has dropped five straight against the spread.

NBA: Sacramento is 2-7 against the spread in its last nine.

NHL: Dallas has lost four in a row.

NHL: The New York Islanders are 1-5 in their last six trips to Columbus.

MLB: The over is 2-10-1 in the Chicago Cubs’ last 13.

Key stat

2.50 – Colorado Rockies starter Jamie Moyer was 2-1 with a sparkling 2.50 ERA in Cactus League play. The 49-year-old was 9-9 with the Phillies last season after coming back from elbow surgery and also tossed a pair of complete games. Moyer and the Rockies opened as -120 favorites at Houston.

Injury that shouldn’t be overlooked

Kyle Farnsworth, Tampa Bay Rays - Farnsworth is looking at an extended stay on the 15-day disabled list. Rays manager Joe Maddon said Friday that Farnsworth will likely need four to six weeks of rest for his ailing elbow to heal. Farnsworth, who will turn 36 on April 14, had 25 saves and went 5-1 with a 2.18 ERA as Tampa Bay's closer last year. The Rays are expected to use a closer-by-committee system until Farnsworth returns.

Game of the day

Dallas Mavericks at Memphis Grizzlies (-3.5, 183)

Notable quotable

"It can sometimes be a problem. When it's too cold, the balls feel different in your hands," Dickey said prior to the season opener. "It's like feeling a pool ball, almost. It's hard to make it do what you want it to do." - New York Mets starter R.A. Dickey about throwing his knuckleball in cool April conditions. The Mets are set as -105 favorites against Atlanta with Dickey starting Saturday. A high of 54 degrees is expected in New York with 16 mph winds blowing in from right field.

Notes and tips

The Baltimore Orioles have named righthander Jim Johnson as their closer. Johnson will take the place of Kevin Gregg, who served as the closer last year. The 28-year-old Johnson was 6-5 with a 2.67 ERA and nine saves in 14 opportunities last season. Gregg will serve as the setup man or in a variety of roles, Orioles manager Buck Showalter said. In 2011, Gregg was 0-3 with a 4.37 ERA and seven blown saves in 29 chances.

Chicago Blackhawks captain Jonathan Toews has been ruled for the season finale against the Detroit Red Wings on Saturday. Toews has missed the last 21 games because of a concussion. "I'm still keeping that confidence and that positive outlook that things are going to go the right way," Toews said after practice Friday, "that I will be ready for next week." The Blackhawks have gone 12-5-4 in Toews' absensce.

Orlando Magic center Dwight Howard signed a waiver not to opt out of his contract only after the team threatened to deal him to the Los Angeles Lakers. The New York Post, citing league sources, reported that the Magic had a deal in place with the New Jersey Nets one day before the trade deadline. Howard had waffled back and forth on whether to sign the opt-out waiver and would have become an unrestricted free agent had he failed to do so. According to the newspaper, the Magic told Howard he would be traded to the Lakers "by the end of the day" if he balked at signing the waiver.

Washington Capitals goaltender Michal Neuvirth is scheduled for a doctor's appointment after he was hurt in Thursday night's win over the Florida Panthers. Neuvirth suffered a lower-body injury when his left leg bent, leaving Braden Holtby as the only healthy netminder for Saturday's regular-season finale against the New York Rangers. Tomas Vokoun, who is dealing with a groin injury, is listed as day-to-day, according to Capitals coach Dale Hunter. The team is waiting to hear the results of Neuvirth's exam before deciding whether to call up another goalie from the minors.

Updated odds to win the Masters:

RORY McILROY 3/1
LEE WESTWOOD 6/1
PHIL MICKELSON 8/1
BUBBA WATSON 12/1
SERGIO GARCIA 12/1
JASON DUFNER 15/1
LOUIS OOSTHUIZEN 15/1
FRED COUPLES 20/1
MATT KUCHAR 20/1
NICK WATNEY 25/1
MIGUEL ANGEL JIMENEZ 40/1
TIGER WOODS 40/1
PAUL LAWRIE 50/1
AARON BADDELEY 50/1
HENRIK STENSON 50/1
HUNTER MAHAN 50/1
JUSTIN ROSE 50/1
CHARLES HOWELL III 60/1
VIJAY SINGH 60/1
PETER HANSON 60/1
BEN CRANE 80/1
GARY WOODLAND 80/1
JIM FURYK 80/1
ADAM SCOTT 80/1
FIELD (all others) 10/1

poopoo333
DCI NHL

Season: 404-299 (.575)

BOSTON 3, Buffalo 2
NEW JERSEY 3, Ottawa 2
N.Y. RANGERS 3, Washington 2
PITTSBURGH 4, Philadelphia 3
Chicago vs. DETROIT: TOO CLOSE TO CALL
CALGARY 3, Anaheim 2
Toronto vs. MONTREAL: TOO CLOSE TO CALL
WINNIPEG 4, Tampa Bay 3
N.Y. Islanders vs. COLUMBUS: TOO CLOSE TO CALL
FLORIDA 3, Carolina 2
Phoenix vs. MINNESOTA: TOO CLOSE TO CALL
St. Louis vs. DALLAS: TOO CLOSE TO CALL
Nashville 3, COLORADO 2
VANCOUVER 3, Edmonton 2
SAN JOSE 3, Los Angeles 2

poopoo333
Mighty Quinn

Mighty hit with the Rangers Friday.

Saturday it’s the Pacers. The deficit is 405 sirignanos.

poopoo333
04-07-2012, 07:31 AM
ACCUSCORE by Shahan Ahmed

Last weekend, I made 2 massive longs-shot picks, and both won. 100 units placed on each pick returned a profit of 516 units. That’s profit, I just said. All told, I’m now +3,222 units and 644% Profit on the season. My soccer picks record is now 49-27, and I don’t pick matches that don’t offer even money or close to it. Still not sure that I know what I’m doing? Your loss.

This week, I’ve made 2 more picks. One pick is for the Bundesliga encounter involving Stuttgart and Mainz, and the 2nd is for a Premiership match involving Fulham and Bolton Wanderers.
I watch football for a living, and my work asks me to make picks. I take pride in my ability to pick winners and make massive profits for AccuScore members, but I don’t always agree with the computer. However, sometimes the computer gets it right, and I get it wrong. In the case of this week’s picks, the computer and I are in complete agreement. And yes, these are both value plays again. Anyone can put down 100 units to make 20 on Barcelona at the Camp Nou. I look to double my risked amount every week…last week, we nearly quadrupled it! Even if I only get 1 of the two picks correct this week, we all still make a profit. So here we go…

Top 2 European Football Picks - Weekend of 7 April, 2012

1. Fulham v Bolton Wanderers: Fulham to win at 2.840
Fulham are 48% to win according to the AccuScore computer compared to the bookies, who currently have Fulham at 34.7%. In fact, the bookies give Bolton 36.6% to win, while AccuScore only give the home side 27.0% to win. Bolton are without Ricardo Gardner among others, while the emotion of the Fabrice Muamba incident is beginning to level out.

Yes, Fulham are a horrifically poor side away from Craven Cottage, but they are in a recent spell of good form. They looked like a good side at Old Trafford 2 weeks ago and returned home to claim 3 points. There’s value here, and that’s all we care about.
2. Mainz v Stuttgart: Stuttgart to win at 2.040
Stuttgart put together one of the best performances of the season in a 4-4 draw away to Dortmund last weekend. With the confidence of holding the Bundesliga champions and current league leaders in their Dortmund fortress, Stuttgart return home. This season, Stuttgart have won 7 in 14, while Mainz have only won 2 in 14 away from home.
AccuScore’s simulations currently give Stuttgart a 66% chance of winning, which is significantly higher than the bookmakers, who have VfB Stuttgart at only 47%. There’s value here, and Mainz are not a poor side, but taking into account that there’s even money on offer for a home side against a poor away side, pick Stuttgart to win.

poopoo333
04-07-2012, 07:31 AM
NHL

Hot teams
-- Bruins won eight of their last eleven games.
-- New Jersey won its last five games, allowing seven goals.
-- Washington won three of its last four games.
-- Flyers won seven of their last eight games. Pittsburgh is 17-3 in its last 20 home games.
-- Blue Jackets won four of their last five games.
-- Hurricanes won seven of their last eleven games.
-- Minnesota won four of its last five games. Phoenix won its last four games, allowing one goal.
-- Predators won five of their last seven games.
-- Canucks won seven of their last eight games.
-- San Jose won six of its last seven home games. Kings won nine of their last thirteen games overall.

Cold teams
-- Sabres lost three of their last four games.
-- Senators lost their last two games, 2-1/3-1.
-- Rangers lost their last three games, outscored 10-3.
-- Anaheim lost seven of its last nine away games. Calgary lost three of its last four games overall.
-- Red Wings are 5-6 in their last eleven home games. Chicago lost four of its last six games overall.
-- Islanders lost their last three games, scoring five goals.
-- Maple Leafs lost six of their last nine games. Montreal lost five of its last six games overall.
-- Lightning lost their last four road games, allowing 19 goals. Winnipeg lost its last three home games, allowing 14 goals.
-- Panthers lost eight of their last nine games.
-- Dallas Stars lost their last four games, outcored 15-4. Blues lost eight of their last eleven games.
-- Avalanche lost six of their last seven games.
-- Edmonton lost four of its last five games.

Totals
-- Four of last five Buffalo games went over the total.
-- Last four Ottawa road games went over the total.
-- Over is 7-3 in Washington's last ten road games.
-- 15 of Philly's last 18 games stayed under the total. Pittsburgh's last 10 games went over the total.
-- Four of last five Anaheim games stayed under the total.
-- Over is 9-4-1 in last fourteen Chicago games.
-- Over is 6-1-1 in last eight Islander games.
-- Seven of last nine Toronto games went over the total.
-- Over is 9-2 in Tampa Bay's last eleven road games.
-- Under is 3-1-1 in last five Carolina games.
-- Under is 7-3 in last ten St Louis road games.
-- Under is 4-0-1 in last five Phoenix games.
-- Four of last five Nashville games stayed under the total.
-- Under is 6-1-1 in last eight Edmonton games.
-- Under is 7-3-1 in last eleven San Jose home games.

Series records
-- Sabres lost seven of their last eight visits to Boston.
-- Senators lost seven of their last eight visits to New Jersey.
-- Caps lost three of their last four games at Madison Square Garden.
-- Penguins lost five of their last six games against Philly.
-- Anaheim won six of last seven games against the Flames.
-- Blackhawks won seven of last ten games with Detroit.
-- Blue Jackets won 4-3 in OT on Long Island in LY's matchup.
-- Road team won six of last seven Toronto-Montreal games.
-- Jets won three of their last four games with Tampa Bay.
-- Panthers won four of their last five games with Carolina.
-- Blues lost five of last seven games against Dallas.
-- Coyotes won four of their last five visits to Minnesota.
-- Predators won their last eight games against Colorado.
-- Canucks won 12 of last 16 games against Edmonton.
-- Kings are 5-10 in their last fifteen games at San Jose.

Back-to-Back
-- Blues are 4-8 on the road if they played the night before.
-- Coyotes are 3-2 if they won the night before.

poopoo333
04-07-2012, 07:32 AM
DCI NBA

Season
Straight Up: 516-269 (.657)
ATS: 409-408 (.501)
ATS Vary Units: 1061-984 (.519)
Over/Under: 396-415 (.488)
Over/Under Vary Units: 789-886 (.471)

INDIANA 92, Boston 88
Atlanta 95, CHARLOTTE 85
MEMPHIS 94, Dallas 89
NEW ORLEANS 97, Minnesota 94
PHILADELPHIA 89, Orlando 85
MILWAUKEE 98, Portland 93
PHOENIX 100, L.A. Lakers 95
GOLDEN STATE 105, Denver 104
L.A. CLIPPERS 105, Sacramento 96

poopoo333
Hondo

If Joe Girardi makes any more boneheaded moves like he made in the first inning yesterday, then he should be made to intentionally walk the plank. Mix in the Mariano meltdown in the ninth and Hondo was hit with his third loss in four attempts.

With the deficit up to 160 stiebs, Mr. Aitch will give the ball to Morrow today -- 10 units on the Jays make life hairy for Ubaldo and the Native Americans.

poopoo333
Free Selection from Arthur Ralph Sports

Our Free Plays are 826- 603 (57 %) over the last 3 years PLUS

Free winner Sat: NHL Carolina Over the total 5

poopoo333
Gamblers Data

Free Play Saturday

Georgia Force +3.5 (AFL)

poopoo333
StatFox Super Situations - FoxSheets

MLB BOSTON at DETROIT
Play Against - Any team (DETROIT) in a game involving two teams who had good records (54% to 62%) from last season, after a win
94-56 since 1997. ( 62.7% 41.0 units )

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
StatFox Situational Power Trends™ - FoxSheets

MLB WASHINGTON at CHICAGO CUBS
WASHINGTON is 15-6 (+16.2 Units) against the money line in Road games after a one run win over the last 3 seasons.
The average score was: WASHINGTON (4.0) , OPPONENT (2.8)

poopoo333
04-07-2012, 07:33 AM
StatFox Super Situations - FoxSheets

NBA BOSTON at INDIANA
Play Over - All teams where the total is between 180 and 189.5 points after going under the total by 24 or more points total in their last three games, in April games
46-18 over the last 5 seasons. ( 71.9% 26.2 units )
1-1 this year. ( 50.0% -0.1 units )
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NBA ORLANDO at PHILADELPHIA
Play Against - Underdogs of +145 to +350 vs. the money line (ORLANDO) after being beaten by the spread by 42 or more points total in their last seven games against opponent after going under the total by 54 or more points total in their last ten games
97-23 since 1997. ( 80.8% 47.7 units )
2-2 this year. ( 50.0% -2.9 units )

NBA ORLANDO at PHILADELPHIA
Play Under - Any team vs. the 1rst half line after being beaten by the spread by 36 or more points total in their last five games against opponent after being beaten by the spread by 48 or more points total in their last seven games
67-31 since 1997. ( 68.4% 32.9 units )
1-1 this year. ( 50.0% -0.1 units )

poopoo333
04-07-2012, 07:33 AM
Cappers Access

Cubs
Tigers
Pacers -2

Mr. IWS
04-07-2012, 10:27 AM
Jeff Benton
Saturday's Action
20 Dime winner going out on the Detroit Tigers agaiast the visitcing Boston Red Sox. At the time I release this selrction, the Tigers are listed as the +105 home dog versus the Sox, and the starting pitchers are listed as Beckett and Fister both here in Vegas and offshore.

Note: Both listed pitchers must start, or there is to be no action on the release.

10 Dime winner in the NBA on the Memphis Grizzlies as the home favorite over the Dallas Mavericks. At the time I release this winner to you, Memphis is listed as the 3-point favorite both here in Vegas and offshore.

Mr. IWS
Jeff Scott Sports

3 UNIT PLAY

Atlanta -108 over NY METS: The Atlanta had a tough showing vs Johan Santana in the opener, but they should have an easier time of it in this one. R.A Dickey has pitched better as a member of the Mets than when he was in the AL as he is 19-22 with a 3.08 ERA in a Met uniform, while he went 22-28 with a 5.42 ERA in the AL, but one his remained constant and that is he is not a good starter out the blocks. Last year Dickey went 2-6 with a 4.38 ERA in March, April, May, while for his career he has gone 12-17 with a 4.72 ERA. Not a good starter and will be facing a good hitting Atlanta team that looks to get on track after their 1-0 loss on Thursday night.R.A. is also just 1-4 with a 3.38 ERA in 7 starts vs the Braves in his career. Jair Jurrjens was one of the most consistent pitchers for the Braves last year, with a 13-6 mark and a 2.96 ERA and he has pitched very well vs the Mats, going 8-4 with a 2.96 ERA in 13 starts vs them, while he is 2-2 with a 2.94 ERA at Citi Field. He will be taking on a Met's team that has little pop and it showed on Thursday night as they put up just 1 run on young Tommy Hanson. Today their task gets a bit tough as Jair is the better pitcher and he has the better offense behind him that is looking to break out. Look for Atlanta to get into the win column today.

Mr. IWS
SPORTS WAGERS

Washington +106 over CHICAGO

Starlin Castro is far and away the best player on the Cubs. After him, things really get pretty ugly. From starting pitching to everyday players to the bullpen, you would be hard-pressed to find a team with less appeal than the Cubbies. The rebuilding has begun in Chicago, so when they’re favored they automatically become a fade because they’re very likely going to lose more than 100 times. Matt Garza would be a welcome addition to any team. He’s a quality pitcher with nothing but upside. However, winning games with this offense to support him is going to be difficult. Gio Gonzalez comes over from the AL and he gets a sweet taste of the Cubbies in his Nationals debut. The knock on Gonzalez is the number of walks he issues but in his last two starts in the spring he only issued two in 10 frames while striking out 13. The guy has electric stuff. Even with 90 walks and pitching for Oakland, Gonzalez won 16 games. If his control improves, he can be dominating, just as he was against all four NL teams he faced in 2011. The Nats taking back a tag with Gonzalez in against the Cubbies is a wager every time. Play: Washington +106 (Risking 2 units).

San Francisco +115 over ARIZONA

Madison Bumgarner is a Cy Young candidate and it’s not often we’re going to find a tag on him, especially if he pitches like he did in the second half last year (2.70 ERA, 1.09 WHIP). It’s hard to find a discouraging trend here. Gains in strikeout rate and control are particularly exciting. His raw stuff is improving as well. His fastball velocity has increased the last two seasons to 92 mph and while the Giants lost yesterday, the offense looked so much more dangerous than they did a year ago when they were last in runs scored. The Giants got rid of a lot of dead weight and added some nice offensive pieces in Melky Cabrera, Angel Pagan and let’s not forget that Buster Posey is back hitting third, where he went 2-4 yesterday with a walk added in. Daniel Hudson had a 3.49 ERA and 1.20 WHIP in 222 IP in 2011. While his base skills were good, they weren't sub-3.50 ERA good. He was aided by a 6% hr/f. He hasn't peaked yet, but there's probably some regression coming in 2012. Regardless, Bumgarner taking back a price is a must play. Play: San Francisco +115 (Risking 2 units).

Los Angeles +107 over SAN DIEGO

The Dodgers are 2-0 while the Padres are 0-2. In facing the Padres top two in the rotation, the Dodgers scored 11 times at Petco. The Padres scored three times on the Dodgers pen in the opener after Clayton Kershaw came down with the flu and were subsequently shutout yesterday. It’s early, but we’d much rather be on the 2-0 team taking back a tag than a young 0-2 team that is seeing BB’s. After missing 2½ seasons with two Tommy John surgeries, Chris Capuano revived his career in New York, notching 11 wins and 168 strikeouts. A career best xERA says he deserved even better. He fanned a career-high 8.1 hitters a game. These are both better-than-average ratios and produce a command rate above the benchmark we look for in starting pitchers. Dustin Moseley relies on pinpoint control for success of which he has not had much. His inability to exploit PETCO (4.05 home ERA) doesn’t help and history suggests that he'll be hard-pressed to win games. As the chalk, Moseley and the Padres should be avoided. Play: Los Angeles +107 (Risking 2 units).

Mr. IWS
Marc Lawrence

3* UNDER Giants
3* Warriors

Mr. IWS
Fantasy Sports Gametime

Baseball Saturday

100* Play LA Angels (-185) over Kansas City (MLB TOP PLAY)
Starts at 4:00 PM EST

Los Angeles has won 41 of the last 67 home games when the total posted is 7.5 runs or less and they have also won 55 of the last 95 day games. Dan Haren has won 12 of the last 20 day games and he is 4-1 vs. Kansas City over his career with an ERA of 1.91.

50* Play Texas (-175) over Chicago WhiteSox (MBL BONUS PLAY)

50* Play Philadelphia (-165) over Pittsburgh (MLB BONUS PLAY)

Mr. IWS
04-07-2012, 10:28 AM
MLBPredictions / Kevin

Boston Red Sox @ Detroit Tigers - TIGERS TO WIN (-106)
Listed Pitchers: Beckett vs Fister
(Note: I'm risking 2.12 units to win 2.00 units)

These two teams met on opening day with the Tigers winning 3-2. After blowing a save in the top of the 9th the Tigers went on to load the bases and cash in a run in the bottom of the inning for an opening day win. The Tigers outhit the Red Sox 10-5 on the day, with 3 of Boston's 5 hits coming in the 9th inning. Take note that the Red Sox walked Miguel Cabrera 3 times on Thursday. If Boston plans to do that again on Saturday it might come back to haunt them with Prince Fielder in the 4 spot (a 1-2 punch that Detroit needed and got this off-season). Josh Beckett had a great season last year going 13-7 with a 2.89 ERA, .103 WHIP and .211 opponents batting average. This spring he has pitched well with a 0.95 ERA over 19 innings of work. Detroit's starter Doug Fister went 11-13 last season with a 2.83 ERA, 1.06, and .237 opponents batting average. Although the 11-13 record doesn't look good we need to remember that Fister started the season in Seattle where he got almost no run support. With Detroit Fister was superb in the regular season going 8-1 with a 1.79 ERA, 0.84 ERA and .206 opponents batting average. At home (with both Seattle and Detroit) Fister was 6-6 last year with a low 2.35 ERA, 1.05 WHIP and .233 opponents batting average. Take note that the Tigers are 9-0 in Fister's last 9 starts, and 6-0 in his last 6 as a favorite. Dating back to last season they are 20-6 in their last 26 games at home, and 36-15 in their last 51 overall. Boston is just 2-10 in their last 12 road games dating back to last season, and 1-10 in their last 11 road games vs a right-handed starter. Look for the Tigers to follow up a home opener win with another one behind Doug Fister who has been great with the Tigers.

Mr. IWS
04-07-2012, 10:50 AM
Paul Leiner

100* Twins -105

50* Over 7 Braves/Mets

Mr. IWS
04-07-2012, 11:30 AM
Jimmy Boyd

5* 19-0 ATS NBA Eastern Conference Game of the Year!
Boston Celtics +2

5* 'Never Lost' 17-0 MLB Game of the Week!
Milwaukee Brewers ML-115

Mr. IWS
SPORTS WAGERS - NBA (pass on NHL until playoffs)

MILWAUKEE -4½ over Portland Pinnacle
You’re well-advised to get on this one early, as the line is likely to move up at least a point by game time. As playoffs approach, both of these teams are on the outside looking in and neither team can really afford to lose. In that respect, we much prefer a Bucks team at home, playing well over a Trail Blazers squad that has eight road wins in 27 tries. Additionally, the Blazers are coming off an emotional road win in OT in Dallas last night. Incredibly enough it was the first time since Jan.23-24 that Portland had won back-to-back games. This is a club that relies heavily on one guy, LaMarcus Aldridge. If he has a bad or even average game, they have very little chance. Aldridge has more than a few nagging injuries at the moment and after playing 44 minutes last night and giving it his all, expect a lesser performance here. Both teams will play their third game in four days and tail end of back-to-backs. The difference is the Bucks were barely breaking a sweat in a win at home over Charlotte last night while Portland went into OT against the Champs. This is Milwaukee’s third straight at the Bradley Center and after winning five of their past six and creeping back into this thing; they’re not going to let this exhausted one-man show get in the way of their quest. Play: Milwaukee -4½ (Risking 2.1 units to win 2).

Mr. IWS
John Ryan

Philadelphia Phillies at Pittsburgh Pirates A
Prediction: Philadelphia Phillies

5* graded play on Philadelphia as they take on Pittsburgh in the second of this three game series set to start at 7:05 PM ET. I also like adding a 5* amount using the Run Line. Although second baseman Freddy Galvis impact on today?s game could be minimal, he is an excellent defensive specialist. His bat has come around as well. The 22-year old made a spectacular defensive play ending in a double play that got ace starter Roy Halladay out of a two-on nobody out first inning jam.

In the National League last year, the two most powerful runs scored were the second and third runs. The earlier they occurred in a game, the greater the chances that team would win the game. Teams that scored one run in a game won 9.6 percent of the time. But teams that scored two runs won 26 percent, and teams that scored three runs won just over 40 percent of their games. In other words, preventing a second run increases a team's odds of winning by about 17 percentage points, and preventing a third run increased them by about another 15 percentage points. No other runs moving the scoreboard from 3 to 4, 4 to 5, or 5 to 6 had as much impact on winning percentage as the second and third runs scored.

So, with the Phillies incredible starting pitching that sees Halladay, Lee, and Hamels pitch three of every five days, having Galvis at second base makes all the sense in the world. The problem will arise, and it will be a good one, is what happens when Chase Utley is ready to return. Only time will tell, but with two chronic knees, Utley?s ?big show? days may be numbered. If he returns 95% or better then the Phillies have either the second baseman of the future or a great trade bait come the trading deadline July 31.

The simulator shows a high probability that the Philadelphia Phillies will win this game comfortably. I also like adding a 5* amount using the Run Line. Pittsburgh was shutout by Roy Halladay and the Phillies defense in their home opener and Pittsburgh is only 6-23 losing 15.8 units per one unit wagered using the money line after getting shut out over the last three seasons. Moreover, Pirates skipper Hurdle is just 5-17 losing 15.3 units per one unit wagered against the money line in home games after a game with a combined score of two runs or less in all games he has managed since 1997.

Roy Halladay has tremendous control and one of the best walks-to-strikeouts in all of baseball. However, after a team faces Halladay, they then have to face Cliff Lee, who threw the most strikes, 70% of all pitches, of any pitcher in the majors in 2011. Based on the strike zone along he threw 58% of pitches in the strike zone and this shows that he forced batters to try to hit pitches that were out of the strike zone and the result were routine easy outs. Only Justin Verlander, who went 26-6 and won the American League Cy Young and MVP awards in 2011, and Roy Halladay had better WHIP ratios than Lee.

The current members of the Pirates have batted just .164 in their respective careers when facing Lee spanning 55 at-bats. Rod Barajas is hitless in 17 at-bats in his career facing Lee.

The Phillies offense will score far and away more runs than needed to get this win. Take the Phillies for a 5* play using the money line and a 5* play using the Run Line.

Mr. IWS
04-07-2012, 11:31 AM
David Banks

Orlando Magic vs. Philadelphia 76ers

We are sure that ESPN had the best of intentions when it scheduled this
week's Saturday Night Special between the Orlando Magic (32-23, 28-27 ATS) and
the Philadelphia 76ers (29-25, 27-26-1 ATS) from the Wells ***** Center in
Philadelphia, PA at 8:00 ET. After all, this seemed like a good matchup when
Philadelphia got off to a 20-9 start this season and sat atop the Atlantic
Division for a huge chunk of the year, and even when Orlando was sitting at a
nice 32-18 a little over a week ago. However, both teams have now fallen on
hard times.

Orlando's problems begin off the court, as its locker room would make for a
great soap opera right about now. It was reported on Thursday morning that
Head Coach Stan Van Gundy heard from upper management that Magic superstar
Dwight Howard had asked them to fire Van Gundy earlier this season, which
seems plausible given Howard's displays of immaturity throughout his career.
Howard denied those claims, but he then looked to only be going though the
motions in a nationally televised 96-80 home loss to the Knicks that same
night, accumulating only eight points and eight rebounds in nearly 40 minutes.
That marked the season-high fifth straight loss for Orlando both straight up
and against the spread while getting outscored by an average of -10.0 points
during the steak. The Magic averaged 92.0 points on 43.8 percent shooting in
those losses, but the most disturbing aspect of the slump is that the proud
defense allowed 102.0 points per game on a ridiculous 51.7 percent
shooting! Orlando is now also just 4-6 straight up and a bad 2-8 ATS in its last 10
road games.

The 76ers' problems have been entirely on the court, which is not a good
thing either. Philadelphia has gone only 9-16 since the 20-9 start, including
just 4-8 in the last 12 games. The Sixers are coming off of possibly their
worst loss of the season too, a terrible 99-78 loss here at home to the 20-35
Toronto Raptors where they managed to score only seven points in the entire
fourth quarter. That embarrassing loss marked the fourth time in the last
eight games that the 76ers failed to score even 80 points! Can it be that
Philadelphia's great start was the result of facing a weak schedule to begin
the year? After all, the 76ers are just 3-13 vs. teams in the Sagarin Top 10
this season. It is even incredibly possible that they can go from being in
first place at 20-9 in a strike-shortened season to being out of the playoffs
entirely, as Philadelphia has now been reduced to being the seventh seed in
the East just 1 games of eighth place New York and three games ahead of
ninth place Milwaukee, and it finishes the year by playing nine of its last 11
games on the road.

These teams have met twice this season with the home team winning straight
up each time, although Orlando is 2-0 ATS in those encounters. The Magic
covered as 7-point underdogs in a 74-69 loss here in the City of Brotherly
Love on January 30th before a handy 103-87 win in Orlando on February 15th. Of
course, that was all before Dwight-gate took center stage.

Pick: PHIL 76ers-4.5

Mr. IWS
04-07-2012, 11:59 AM
ATS Insiders Club

NBA (0-2 Fri)

3* Philadelphia -4.5
3* Golden St. +3

MLB (4-0 +4.20 ytd)

3* Baltimore ML -120
3* Milwaukee ML -115

Mr. IWS
04-07-2012, 11:59 AM
Power Play Wins
Power Play of The Day is
Atlanta Braves(-105)

Mr. IWS
04-07-2012, 12:00 PM
EZWINNERS

2* Toronto -103
2* St. Louis +102
2* San Francisco +113
2* Houston +106
2* Pittsburgh +158
2* Miami +143
2* NY Yankees +118
2* Chicago White Sox +167

Mr. IWS
04-07-2012, 12:10 PM
Rich Sports

Sport: MLB Baseball
Game: Minnesota Twins @ Baltimore Orioles - Saturday April 7, 2012 7:05 pm
Pick: 3 units (Normal) MONEYLINE: Minnesota Twins -105

Game: Toronto Blue Jays @ Cleveland Indians - Saturday April 7, 2012 1:05 pm
Pick: 3 units (Normal) TOTAL: Over 8 (-110)

Game: Atlanta Braves @ New York Mets - Saturday April 7, 2012 1:10 pm
Pick: 5 units (Normal) MONEYLINE: Atlanta Braves -115

Mr. IWS
04-07-2012, 12:10 PM
Stu Feiner
Baltimore Orioles

Mr. IWS
04-07-2012, 12:29 PM
Doc Sports

3-unit Play Take #906 Milwaukee Brewers (-120) over St. Louis Cardinals (4:05pm ET)

Great pitcher's duel on paper this afternoon when the Milwaukee Brewers host the St. Louis Cardinals, but one starting pitcher definitely has the upper hand. Zack Greinke had an excellent first season with the Brewers last year and he followed that up by adding a new cut fastball in the spring and blowing hitters away with it. Greinke is an old-school type pitcher that is always looking to improve his game and be more efficient. He's in the prime of his career and now that he's been here a year I think he'll settle in even more and deliver better results. The Brewers lineup took a huge hit when Prince Fielder went to the American League, but that might be getting a tad overrated. Some of the loss was mitigated by picking up free agent Aramis Ramirez to play third base and the improved defense they'll have on the left side of the infield with him and Alex Gonzalez. Mat Gamel, Fielder's replacement, is also extremely talented and is expected to put up some decent numbers. And of course Ryan Braun, Rickie Weeks and Cory Hart are still around, so this is still a very good offense. Add that to the stellar bullpen that Milwaukee retained from last year's team, and you can see why some people are picking them to repeat as National League Central champions.

The Cardinals took quite a hit of their own when Albert Pujols also decided to switch leagues and play for the Angels. He was the heart and soul of the team much like Fielder, but they did a decent job of replacing some of his production by bringing in Carlos Beltran. I don't think the Cardinals are going to be quite as potent as last year as they got really big years from Lance Berkman and Matt Holliday that will be hard to repeat at their age. I also think the loss of manager Tony LaRussa and pitching coach Dave Duncan is going impact this team a lot more than has been discussed. Those were two of the greatest minds in the game and they definitely contributed significantly to the Cardinals success during their long tenures. Adam Wainwright pitches for the Cardinals in this matchup. He's coming off of Tommy John surgery so it's hard to say whether or not he's actually back to 100%. He put up decent numbers in the spring, but his dominance looked a little down as he wasn't striking out batters with regularity. He might need 5-10 starts before he finds his groove again and I think the Brewers will jump on him early here. And with Greinke and an excellent bullpen behind them, they're not going to need to score very many today. Don't forget that the Brewers were 57-24 at home last season and that they are 17-0 in Greinke's last 17 home starts. Those are powerful numbers to only be laying -120 with Milwaukee.

4-unit Play Take #917 Toronto Blue Jays (-110) over Cleveland Indians (1:05pm ET)

The Toronto Blue Jays take on the Cleveland Indians in an early afternoon tilt. From an attitude perspective, these two teams couldn't be any farther apart right now. The Blue Jays had the best spring record (24-7) in all of baseball and saw lots of improvement from some of their younger players. The Cleveland Indians had the worst spring record (7-22) in baseball and left camp with a lot of question marks. In the first game of the season, the Indians led the Blue Jays the entire game and ended up blowing a 4-1 lead in the ninth to eventually lose in 16 innings 7-4. It was a gut wrenching loss for the Indians who have already been dealt a few tough blows, one of them being the injury to Grady Sizemore.

You would also be hard-pressed to find two starting pitchers who have as drastically different springs than today's starters Brandon Morrow and Ubaldo Jimenez. Morrow seems to be finally harnessing his talent and showed it off in the spring with a sparking 0.52 ERA and 0.75 WHIP. Jimenez experienced all kinds of issues with his mechanics and posted a 7.43 ERA and 1.96 WHIP in his seven spring starts. It all came to a head in his last start when he intentionally plunked former teammate Troy Tulowitzki to prove a point. Although he wasn't thrown out of the game, Jimenez was eventually suspended for five games and he was supposed to miss this start. He's currently appealing the suspension so he will be out there for this one, but don't expect him to turn everything around just because it's the regular season. He is an absolute mess right now and Toronto's dangerous lineup is not the team you want to face to calm things down. This one could get very ugly, so take the Jays at an excellent price.

4-unit Play Take #923 Minnesota Twins (-105) over Baltimore Orioles (7:05pm ET)

Two of the weakest American League squads take the field today, but that doesn't mean that there isn't money to be made here. The Minnesota Twins took a huge step backwards last year after dominating the American League Central for quite a few years. One of the biggest reasons for their horrible year in which they finished 63-99 was injuries to their two biggest stars - Joe Mauer and Justin Morneau. They're both back this season and that immediately transforms the Twins lineup from one of the worst in the majors to somewhat respectable. Minnesota should also get a shot in the arm from what looks to be a fully healthy Francisco Liriano. The once proud ace had a horrible 2011 campaign as he was pitching with several ailments and finished with a 5.09 ERA and 1.49 WHIP. In the spring he looked dominant again and posted a 2.33 ERA in his seven starts. While it was only Spring Training, it seems like Liriano is definitely healthy and focused on getting back on track.

Mr. IWS
Allen Eastman

2-Unit Play. Take #909 Colorado (-120) over Houston (7 p.m., Saturday, April 7)

Jaime Moyer should be as excited for this start as any he has ever made. The 49-year-old hurler will have a thing or two to show the young Houston lineup. The Astros committed four errors yesterday and they still look like a team that has left its head in Spring Training. Colorado has won six of the last eight meetings and I think that they will get to young Lucas Harrell today. I will put my money on experience.

3-Unit Play. Take #928 Texas (-1.5, +110) over Chicago White Sox (8 p.m., Saturday, April 7)

I think that Jake Peavy is going to struggle with this powerful Texas lineup. Peavy is not the same pitcher that he was a few years ago in San Diego. He was up and down this spring and he was hit hard by the Rangers in two outings last year. Peavy gave up nine runs in nine innings against them last year. The Rangers are 13-6 in their last 19 games against the White Sox and they are the better team here.

Mr. IWS
TONY FLACCO
3* Brewers

Mr. IWS
Vegas Sports Informer

MLB BASEBALL PLAY

3 Unit Play. #906 Take Milwaukee -120 over St. Louis (4:05p.m., Saturday April 7)

The Brewers look for some revenge this afternoon at home as they look for a better performance from their pitching staff. I'm actually surprised on how well the Cardinals have been playing in their last 2-games but today I believe their luck runs short. Cardinals starter Adam Wainwright missed all last season with Tommy John surgery so he probably won't pitch through the 6th inning so look for the Cardinals bullpen to give the Brewers our win today. Today as well the Brew Crew throw out Zack Greinke and if Greinke was as good as last year at home the Brewers will have no problem winning their first game of the season. The Brewers are an outstanding 17-0 when Greinke is a home favorite.

Mr. IWS
04-07-2012, 12:30 PM
Indian Cowboy

3-Unit Play. #909. Take Colorado Rockies -115 over Houston Astros (Saturday @ 7:05pm est).

At the end of the day, you have to trust the 49 year old in Moyer. He had a 2.5era in the Cactus League and is great for the clubhouse. The Rockies ended up winning the first game between these two teams and with the better pitcher on the mound, the better lineup and the better bullpen, it should work out well for them today. Yes, they are the public favorite which is never a good thing, but having said that, public favorites do win from time to time and although Lucas Harrell is a good pitcher, I suspect he will struggle the second time through the lineup against the likes of Cuddyer, Helton, Giambi and Hernandez. Look for the Rockies to have enough pop to win this game as Moyer keeps them in from start to finish likely keeping the Astros hitters off balance.

Mr. IWS
04-07-2012, 12:30 PM
Jason Sharpe

5 Unit Play Take #906 Milwaukee -120 over St. Louis (4:05pm est):

Excellent value here on one of the most underrated, unlucky pitchers in all of baseball last year. Zach Greinke finally had some things start to fall his way the second half of last season and when that happened he became the dominant pitcher that he can be. He showed a lot of that this spring also as he was almost unhittable the first few outings until he finally got touched up a bit in his last spring start. This is a big series here for the Brewers as some questions obviously loom after losing their big basher Prince Fielder this off-season. With a rematch against the World Series winning Cardinals, the Brewers know they must win at least one of their first three games here. making this game almost a must win after yesterday's ugly series opening defeat to the Cards. This is a team that feasted on RHP last season as they won 42 of 54 at home when facing a right-hand starter. Even more impressive then that is the fact the Brewers have won 17 straight at home when favored with Greinke on the hill for them.

Way too many questions loom in this one for what has to be a slightly tired St. Louis club. The Cards played a spring training game earlier in the week, went to Miami Wednesday to open up that stadium and then came up here to Milwaukee to play their rivals in this very important series. You have to wonder a bit how much they have in the tank right now. They go with Adam Wainwright tonight, a guy who was hurt and out all of last year. He is on a strict pitch count coming into this one so even if he is pitching well the Cards will most likely have to rely heavily on their bullpen in this game. Not an easy start or an easy opponent for Wainwright to have to come back too in his first game in over a year.

No such thing as a must win game this early in the baseball season but this one has a lot more importance to the Brewers here especially with how poorly they played yesterday. This is a confident bunch who plays at a whole other level when they are at home as does Greinke who goes from good to great in home contests. Take the Brewers in this one. Big weekend of NBA action as I look to get things going again. Been a rough last few days on the pro hoops hardwood but I feel ready to roll the rest of the season in the NBA as I am in tune with which teams have quit and which ones are putting a little extra into their games right now. Get on board and join me in the winning.

Mr. IWS
04-07-2012, 12:39 PM
Mike Hook

Sac/LAC O205.5 (Double) 10:35
Pacers -1.5 over Celtics (Dime) 7:05
Lakers +1 over Suns (Double) 10:05
Bobcats +9 over Hawks (Triple) 8:05

Braves -113 over Mets (Double) 1:10
Astros +107 over Rockies (Dime) 7:05
Reds -151 over Marlins (Double) 7:10
Tigers -110 over Red Sox (Double) 4:05

Masters: 3rd Rd. matchup Ian Poulter over Fredrik Jacobson (3 Units)

Mr. IWS
WUNDERDOG
MLB 5-3 Season-to-Date +$530
Game: San Francisco at Arizona (4:05 PM Eastern)
Pick: San Francisco +105 (moneyline)

The Arizona Diamondbacks have had the San Francisco Giants' number recently, as yesterday's win moved their winning streak to six straight. They will have a difficult time today vs. Madison Bumgarner, who is a young and budding star on the mound. Bumgarner posted a 3.21 ERA a year ago, including 2.52 after the All-Star break where he went 9-4. He stands at 3-0 vs. the D-Backs with a nifty 2.41 ERA against them. The Giants are 15-7 as an underdog when Bumgarner toes the rubber. The D-backs lost each of Hudson's last four starts a year ago. Play on San Francisco in this one.

Mr. IWS
Lines2win

2-1 (+.81 Units) - Last Night. We took a small loss in the afternoon and covered it later in the night with the Dodgers. St Louis gets to Gallardo early and often leaving him now with just 1 victory in 13 starts against St Louis. We will keep an eye on that matchup later on in the year. Minnesota can't find any offense as they lose to the Orioles while the Dodgers shut out the Padres in the nightcap. MLB now 4-2 (+2.81 Units) to start the season.

MLB

Atlanta -113 (1.5 Units) - Jurrgens pitches very well against the Mets while Dickey has just 1 win in 5 career starts. The Mets snuck by in game 1 as it turned into a pitchers duel with Santana and Hanson. Dickey's primary pitch is the knuckeball and if the knuckeball is off even just a bit, its gonna be a long day for the Mets. Atlanta to take this one.

Mr. IWS
04-07-2012, 12:40 PM
Robert Ferringo

2-Unit Play. Take #903 Atlanta (-110) over N.Y. Mets (1 p.m.)

The Mets are kind of like the Little Engine That Could right now. But today they can't. Atlanta has had two days to stew over their loss in the opener and I think they even things up here. R.A. Dickey has traditionally been a slow starter, with a career ERA over 5.00 in April. He usually gets more control over his knuckleball as the season wears on. Dickey is just 1-4 in his career against the Braves and I think that they will get to him today. Jair Jurrjens is 8-4 with a 2.94 ERA in his career against the Mets and only one guy (Dan Murphy) is hitting over .270 against him. I think that his Spring Training struggles were a bit of an aberration and that he will have his sharp stuff today.

2-Unit Play. Take #909 Colorado (-120) over Houston (7 p.m.)

If I see the Astros against a favorite laying less than -150 this year I think that it will be nearly an automatic play. They looked awful yesterday in their loss and I think that it's going to be even tougher today. They are trotting out Lucas Harrell, who has all of five starts in his career, against a very motivated Jamie Moyer today. I think Harrell is going to have tough sledding against a very potent Rockies lineup and I can see Colorado gaining some momentum with another win here today.

2-Unit Play. Take #917 Toronto (-110) over Cleveland (1 p.m.)

Cleveland has had to sit and think about that brutal Opening Day loss for the last day-and-a-half and I think that one has to be a kick in the groin. Now they are going up against Brandon Morrow, who has the stuff to be light's out. The Jays will get their licks in against Ubaldo Jiminez. Not only does Jiminez have bad karma right now, but he was lit up for a 5.10 ERA after switching over to the American League last year. He wasn't good in Spring Training and posted a 7.43 ERA in his seven starts this spring. I think that Toronto is the better team here and I think that they will jump out early and keep twisting the knife into the Indians.

1.5-Unit Play. Take #922 L.A. Angels (-1.5, -105) over Kansas City (4 p.m.)

Let's keep banging the drum with the Angels. I am not a fan of Luke Hochevar. But the Angels are. The current Angels hit .375 against Hochevar and a lot of Angels starts just abuse him. He is 0-3 with a 8.02 ERA in his career against the Halos and I think he will get hit hard again today. Dan Haren is 4-1 with a 1.91 ERA in eight career starts against the Royals and I definitely trust his stuff more than Hochevar's. I think the Angels will keep on mashing today.

0.5-Unit Play. Take #923 Minnesota (-105) over Baltimore (7 p.m.)

0.5-Unit Play. Take #908 Arizona (-120) over San Francisco (4 p.m.)

0.5-Unit Play. Take #915 L.A. Dodgers (+105) over San Diego (8:30 p.m.)

Today's Totals

1.5-Unit Play. Take 'Under' 7.0 L.A. Dodgers at San Diego (8:30 p.m.)

0.5-Unit Play. Take 'Over' 7.0 Kansas City at L.A. Angels (4 p.m.)

0.5-Unit Play. Take 'Under' 7.0 St. Louis at Milwaukee (4 p.m.)

0.5-Unit Play. Take 'Under' 7.5 Boston at Detroit (4 p.m.)

0.5-Unit Play. Take 'Under' 6.5 Seattle at Oakland (9 p.m.)

Mr. IWS
04-07-2012, 01:33 PM
Paul Leiner:

1500* NBA Over 198 Suns/Lakers

100* MLB Twins -105

50* MLB Over 7 Braves/Mets

Mr. IWS
04-07-2012, 02:24 PM
JR ODonnell

Suns/Lakers UNDER 199 (Double Dime) 10:05

Mr. IWS
Stephen Nover

Dallas Mavs +3.5 over Grizzlies (Double Dime) 8:05

Mr. IWS
Greg Shaker

Arizona/Giants OVER 8 (Double Dime) 4:05

Mr. IWS
Hoopsgooroo

905 Cards +110 @ 4:05p

907 Giants +104 @ 4:05p

920 Tigers -108 @ 4:05p

921 Royals +164 @ 4:05p

910 Astros +113 @ 7:05p

912 Pirates +147 @ 7:05p

924 Orioles Even @ 7:05p

913 Marlins +135 @ 7:10p

927 White Sox +162 @ 8:05p

929 Mariners -117 @ 9:05p

Mr. IWS
04-07-2012, 03:05 PM
Andy Iskoe SATURDAY

Magic at Sixers: The home team has won both meetings this season although Orlando covered each time. Philadelphia has been one of the more reliable team this season with the 76ers whacking the weaker teams on its schedule much more often that not while at the same time struggling against the better teams it has faced. Orlando has been both strong and weak at various times this season.

Despite holding the third seed in the East, Orlando has at times looked like one of the bottom feeders in the league, twice this season being held to under 60 points in a game and twice more to under 70. Eleven of their 21 losses have been by double digits. The Magic started this week on a three game losing streak that followed three straight wins. Philly has alternated wins and losses over the past two weeks but has been a solid 19-10 at home this season. Orlando is 14-11 on the road.

Although the 76ers do have a big game on Sunday at Boston, they enter this game with an extra day of rest. The look ahead for Philly might actually depress this line a bit, offering added value in backing them against an inconsistent foe. SIXERS.

Mr. IWS
04-07-2012, 04:30 PM
ASA
MLB

Cubs

NBA

Boston
Dallas
Milwaukee