PDA

View Full Version : 6-1-12

Mr. IWS
06-01-2012, 08:21 AM
We are looking for someone to post service plays in the evenings from 5pm and on from there. If you can spare some time, the group would really appreciate it.

Note:

ALL PLAYS POSTED ARE UNCONFIRMED UNLESS YOU BUY THEM YOURSELF. THERE IS BAD INFO PASSED AROUND FROM TIME TO TIME, SO PLAY AT YOUR OWN RISK

Mr. IWS
06-01-2012, 08:49 AM
TheSportsCapper Hoops Plays

FRIDAY

100* Play Miami (+2) over Boston (TOP NBA PLAY)
8:30 PM EST

Boston has lost 6 of the last 8 games against the spread after having lost three of the last four games and they have also lost 5 of the last 6 road games against the spread coming off a game when both teams scored 100 points or more.

Mr. IWS
06-01-2012, 08:49 AM
Fantasy Sports Gametime

Baseball Friday

100* Play NY Yankees (-175) over Detroit (MLB TOP PLAY)
Starts at 7:10 PM EST

CC Sabathia has won 10 of the last 11 games when pitching in the month of June and he has won 14 of the last 20 games vs. AL Central Division Opponents. CC Sabathia has won 13 of the last 16 road games when the total posted is between 8 and 8.5 runs and he has won 31 of the last 44 games as a favorite of -125 to -175.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

50* Play Washington (-175) over Atlanta (MLB BONUS PLAY)
50* Play San Francisco (-165) over Chicago Cubs (MLB BONUS PLAY)

Mr. IWS
06-01-2012, 11:41 AM
Sports Wagers MLB

Boston +117 over TORONTO Pinnacle
Despite a 4-2 record, Clay Buchholz is having an awful season. He’s allowed an eye-opening 75 hits in 56.1 innings for a BAA of .323. Remember, Buchholz went 5-0 in May and June last year with a 2.33 ERA before missing the rest of the year with back problems. He wasn’t as good as that 5-0 run suggests but he’s certainly not as bad as his current 7.19 ERA suggests. His xERA over his last two starts was 2.85. He has a solid groundball rate of 49% and he appears to be rounding back into form. He’ll now take the hill with plenty of confidence against a group of Jays hitters that have 10 measly hits against him in 85 AB’s for a BA of .118. After a brutal start to the year, the Red Sox are now a game over .500, just one game behind the Blue Jays with recent wins against Justin Verlander, David Price and Drew Smyly among others. Henderson Alvarez is 1-3 at home with a 4.36 ERA and it’s no mystery as to why. Alvarez relies heavily on his defense, as he rarely misses a bat with just 19 K’s in 65.2 innings for one of the lowest K rates in the majors. In order to keep this strong hitting guest in check, you need to strike out people in key situations and Alvarez simply cannot. He’s a top groundballer (57%) but that’s not enough to keep us off this live pooch. Play Boston +117 (Risking 2 units).

Minnesota +133 over CLEVELAND Pinnacle
Quite often we talk about overachieving and underachieving pitchers that have misleading stats. Let’s switch gears a bit here and look at underachieving and overachieving clubs. The Indians have somehow managed to stay in first for a good portion of this season but their free-fall has just begun. Cleveland’s 27-23 record has to be considered the AL’s biggest hoax so far when you consider a starting rotation that consists of Josh Tomlin, Justin Masterson, Jeanmar Gómez, Ubaldo Jiminez and today’s stiff, Derek Lowe. They’ve been winning games with their bats but we’re starting to see a team batting average that was as high as .279, starting to drop off. The Tribe have scored just five runs over their past two games and that was against a weak Royals staff. They’ve also lost five of six and the aforementioned starting five plus the pen has allowed 54 runs during that stretch. Lowe has walked 18 and struck out 18 over 61 innings. Such numbers indicate that there is little chance of maintaining that 3.25 ERA. The Twins are 18-32 after a horrible start that saw them open the season with seven wins in 31 games. Since then, Minnesota is 11-8. Carl Pavano is not exactly a stud but what he brings to the table is pinpoint control and the ability to provide his team a chance to win. Two teams moving in opposite directions, both with misleading W/L records allows us to take back a pretty nice tag on the Twinkies. Play: Minnesota +133 (Risking 2 units).

St. Louis +100 over N.Y. METS Pinnacle
To the casual observer, Adam Wainwright's 4.45 ERA this season can be chalked up to Tommy John surgery rust. You know, "The guy has missed a full year and is just taking his time getting 'it' back, like a lot of TJS pitchers do." Actually, nothing could be farther from the truth. Ignore the ERA, as his strand percentage is extremely low at 69% and is sure to rise. What we really have here is an already elite starter that has improved his numbers in every category. Wainright has walked 17 and struck out 51 in 59 innings. His already-stellar groundball/line-drive/fly-ball split has tilted towards even more grounders and is sitting at an elite 55%. Wainwright is in the best stretch of his career and his ERA is going to get much better. There is no Tommy John residue here. Johan Santana’s strikeout rate is outstanding, as he’s whiffing one batter an inning. However, his groundball/fly-ball split is at 36%/40% and with a strand rate of 80%, his 2.75 ERA is unlikely to last. The Cardinals are 6-2 on the road against southpaws and current Cards batters have a .304 batting average, a .457 slugging percentage and a gaudy .829 OPS against Santana. Regardless of outcome, this is a wager that should not be missed. Play: St. Louis +100 (Risking 2 units).

Mr. IWS
06-01-2012, 12:04 PM
Jimmy Boyd

5* Miami Heat +2

3* Kansas City Royals -147

Mr. IWS
06-01-2012, 12:04 PM
Jeff Scott Sports

3 UNIT PLAY

Miami +2 over BOSTON: Watching the end of the game on Wednesday I had pretty much made up my mind who I was taking in game tonight. I'm going with the Heat. Boston threw everything they had at Miami and out played them for good stretches of the game, but they still lost and more importantly, this aging team spent a ton of energy and they may not have enough left in the tank for this one. Rondo is the engine that makes this Boston team go and he played every minute of Game 2, so you can expect him to be a bit tired here and if he needs frequent rest periods then Boston will really struggle. Miami also had a few players that played a ton of minutes, but they are younger, so I don't expect that to bother them all that much. Miami is rolling right now and they have averaged 102.6 ppg in their last 5 games and when your a tired team it's hardest to play good defense. I don't see Boston being able to keep pace with Miami here.

Mr. IWS
06-01-2012, 01:18 PM
Wunderdog Sports

Game: Minnesota at Connecticut (7:00 PM Eastern)
Pick: Game Total UNDER 163.5 -110

What many feel is the prelude to the WNBA Championship round will tip-off tonight in Connecticut as the Sun host the 5-0 Minnesota Lynx. These teams have a lot of offensive weapons and both have yet to lose. However, these games are usually decided on the defensive end as both teams respect each others ability to fill it up. The emphasis then becomes greater on the defensive end of the court. Minnesota on a single day of rest has defined their defensive effort with a 13-5 mark to the UNDER in their last 18 off a day of rest. Connecticut has brought the "D" vs. good teams at 6-1 to the UNDER in their last seven vs. a winning team and, overall, seven of their last nine at home have played UNDER the total. Play this one on the UNDER.

Mr. IWS
06-01-2012, 01:19 PM
goodfella

3* kc royals -145

Mr. IWS
06-01-2012, 01:19 PM
TurnerSystem

Pick: Miami +1.5 (-110)

Mr. IWS
06-01-2012, 02:38 PM
Jason Sharpe MLB:

3 Unit Play Take #964 San Diego +105 over Arizona (10:05pm est):

3 Unit Take #958 Houston +115 over Cincinnati (8:05pm est):

4 Unit Play Take #952 Philadelphia -105 over Miami (7:05pm est):

JS NBA:

7 Unit Play Take #711 'over' 180.5 Boston/Miami (8:30pm est):

Mr. IWS
06-01-2012, 04:02 PM
Indian Cowboy

NBA: 7-Unit Play. #712. Take Boston Celtics -2.5 over Miami Heat (Friday @ 8:30pm est).

3-Unit Play. #962. Take Colorado Rockies -114 over LA Dodgers (Friday @ 8:40pm est).

Mr. IWS
06-01-2012, 04:02 PM
BRYAN LAVERTY

Seattle/Chicago White Sox Under 7 +109 (3 Units)
Nationals/Braves Over 7.5 (2.5 Units)
Kansas City -142 (2 Units)

Mr. IWS
06-01-2012, 04:03 PM
Wunderdog Sports

Game: Minnesota at Cleveland (7:05 PM Eastern)
Pick: Minnesota +125 (moneyline)

The Cleveland Indians look like a duplication of last year's team. They surprised everyone with a fast start and then buckled, never to be heard from again. It looks like the same song this season as they started hot, but have been 10-12 in their last 22, barely above the breakeven mark at home. Minnesota isn't going to win a lot of games, but the time to play on them is while the offense is producing. The Twins are on the uptick at 8-6 over their last 14 games as the offense has been producing at a high level, scoring 76 runs over the stretch, good for 5.4 a contest. The Tribe's pitching has been exposed at 54 runs in their last six games, or nine per contest. The bullpen is simply over-worked. Play on Minnesota.

Mr. IWS
Paul Leiner

100* Mariners +120

50* Heat / Celtics Over 180

Mr. IWS
Pro Tech Sports

5* A's +135

Mr. IWS
David Banks

Best Bet - KC
NBA - Bst
MLB - Tor, Col, Mil

Mr. IWS
Vincent Rizzo Sports

1 Unit Brewers -134

Mr. IWS
Vegas Butcher

#1: Boston Red Sox +108

#2: Kansas City Royals -150

Mr. IWS
06-01-2012, 04:27 PM
Spartan

Dime Bet Mets +100

Mr. IWS
06-01-2012, 04:28 PM
Allen Eastman

Take #963 Arizona (-115) over San Diego (10 p.m., Friday, June 1)
This is my National League Game of the Month. I love Arizona in this spot. Young Wade Miley is 6-1 in his seven starts for the Diamondbacks and the lefty has just a 1.83 ERA in his last three starts, all wins. He is one of the better young lefties in the National League and I am getting him at a bargain price. San Diego is just 1-9 in their last 10 games and they just finished a terrible road trip. They look awful right now and they should be a much bigger underdog here. I think that this line is at least 25 cents light. The Diamondbacks are 4-0 in Miley's road starts and 6-0 when he starts as a favorite. Clayton Richard is on the mound for the Padres. But they are just 7-20 in his last 27 starts and 3-13 when he starts at home. This is a big mismatch. And I think the books have this one wrong.

Take #952 Philadelphia (-105) over Miami (7 p.m., Friday, June 1)
The Phillies are starting to play very well. They are 6-2 in their last eight games and have won back-to-back series. The Phillies have won four of five against the Marlins and they will have a nice home edge here. The Marlins are just 18-38 as an underdog and Mark Buehrle has an ERA of 4.29 in his last three starts. Kyle Kendrick is coming around and he is 5-1 in his last six starts against Miami. The Phillies are 9-2 in their last 11 home games against the Marlins and 23-8 in the last 31 meetings overall.

NO NBA PLAYS

Mr. IWS
JASON SHARPE

Take #952 Philadelphia -105 over Miami (7:05pm est):
I am not on the Miami Marlins bandwagon like most folks are these days. I see a decent team but one I think who took advantage of a weak schedule during the month of May. The Marlins cleaned up playing the likes of the Giants, Padres, Astros, Mets, Pirates, Braves, Indians, Rockies, Giants, Nationals in this past month. Of those ten opponents, I would consider none of them top notch teams and only the Nats and Braves (who they played only two games against) to be above average. Now add in another stunning stat and you see the major reason for all the success this past month, the Marlins went a remarkable 14-4 in May in games decided by two runs or less.

They go up here against a Phillies team that is starting to hit their stride of late. Philadelphia come in having won six of their last eight contests, with seven of those games being played on the road. In those games the Phillies averaged almost six runs per game and did so against the likes of some solid pitching with games against Wainwright, Garcia, Loshe, Westbrook and Edwin Jackson to name a few. They hand the ball here to Kyle Kendrick, a guy who is maturing into a reliable starter for a Philadelphia staff that is desperate for some consistency this season. Kendrick has pitched three straight quality starts and with an ERA of 1.23 in those contests. He comes in off a complete game shutout victory against the top offense in the National League last game, the St. Louis Cardinals.

Take Philadelphia here in this one.

#958 Houston +115 over Cincinnati (8:05pm est):

The Houston Astros have been a much different team at home this season then when they go on the road. Houston plays with a lot more energy and confidence when they are at home, as these young Astros are actually 16-10 there this season. They go with the much improved J.A. Happ here tonight as Happ comes in with an ERA of just 1.47 in his last three starts overall and against a few of them games were versus the better hitting teams against left-hand pitchers this season, the Dodgers and Brewers.

The Reds enter this game divisional road favorites, which has been historically a big money burner for those folks backing teams in this role. Add in the fact that Cincinnati is just 3-8 the last 11 times they were road favorites with Mike Leake on the hill for them. The Reds are also an ugly 2-7 on the road when facing a losing team with Leake getting the start.

Wrong team looks to be favored in this one. Take Houston here.

Take #964 San Diego +105 over Arizona (10:05pm est):

Looking again to back a divisional home underdog here in this one and with the added bonus of this is also game one for the road team in this weekend series, with game one's being the game that road teams have done the worst in through the years. Most feel that this is due to the fact that it usually takes a team a game to get use to it's surroundings on the road.

The Padres starter Clayton Richard has really elevated his game of late and comes in with a WHIP of below 1.00 in his last three starts. He faces Diamondbacks youngster Wade Miley here in this one as it looks like Miley has started to come back down to earth of late after a quicker than expected start to his 2012 season.

The Padres showed how much better their offense can be when they get ouside of Petco, averaging over five runs per game against the Cubs at Wrigley Field this past weekend. Arizona shouldn't be favored on the road with Miley on the hill and especially with as well as Richard has been throwing of late. Take San Diego here. Tonight is my biggest play of the NBA playoffs. I have done well in my bigger plays this post-season, winning three of the last four I have released that were rated four units and higher including nailing last night's easy 'under' winner in the Spurs/Thunder game three match-up. I also won my top playoff selection in the NFL and MLB this last post-season and will look for the clean sweep here tonight in this seven unit monster play that I really love. I have waited all post-season for a play like this and tonight we finally have it!!!

***NBA PLAYOFF PLAY OF THE YEAR***

Take #711 'over' 180.5 Boston/Miami (8:30pm est):

The Miami Heat noticed how much better they played and how much easier things were for them in their series versus Indiana when they picked up the pace and pushed the basketball up the court. In fact all one has to do to see that is look at the four highest scoring games in the series versus the Pacers, as the Heat won each one of those games, while the two lowest scoring contests ended up being Indiana wins. Miami had a solid 18 fast break points last game and anyone watching noticed just how much better this team looks with Wade and James running the court, as they are easily the two of the three best athlete's on the floor and it's the best way to showcase all of their talent and Miami's offense tougher to stop. Now add in the fact the Heat are without much of a post presence right now with big man Chris Bosh on the sidelines with an injury. This also makes it even more obvious for Miami to try and stay away from a half court game as they not only have no weapons down by the rim but they also struggle to rebound now being undersized and when in a half court game.

The Celtics feel they should have won game two, a game that they also pushed the pace in. There were almost double the fast break points in game two that there were for game one for both teams combined. The Celtics don't feel they can score against Miami when in a half court game as the Heat have held Boston below 80 points in two of their last three meetings. Boston not only felt like they should have won the last game, it was also the highest scoring contest of the six games these two teams have played against each other this season. The other high scoring game was back on April 10th as Celtics pulled off the big upset 115-107 on the road in that one. Boston was able to shoot an unbelievable 61% from the field in that game as Rajon Rondo played a fantastic game with 18 points and 15 assists. Boston also won the April 1st game this season versus Miami as they had 15 fast break points in that one but the Heat's ugly 35% shooting that night combined with only 27 fourth quarter points by both teams, kept the scoring down in what was still a faster played game than it looked like by the final score. In fact that game had about 185 possessions overall while game of this series had around 177 possessions in it despite the fact there was nine more points scored the game one playoff game, which was also an ugly Boston loss in the slower paced game. Lastly keep in mind that Boston's best player last game was Rondo, as he also played like he was the best player on the court. In the up tempo game, Rondo shined with 44 points and 10 assists in the game. The Celtics know that in order to get Rondo to play at that level again, they need to be pushing the pace.

The bottom line here is that Boston needs to run also in this game as evidenced by the fact that they played their best games this season against Miami when the game was played at a faster pace and the scoring was up. With both teams on the same page with the all important tempo of the game and also with a low total posted here, this makes for an easy call in this one. Play 'over' in the Miami/Boston game tonight. My MLB season has been a steady one so far but still looking for that red hot winning streak that usually happens a couple times a year for me on the diamond. I have a bigger than normal, three play card going Friday night as I see a ton of value this evening in MLB action. Lots of younger pitchers with tremendous upside and who have been showing an uptick of late also. Get on board and let's get our weekend started off on the right foot. Keep in mind I won my $100 a unit players over $8,000 last season in MLB action as it was one of the top documented season's in MLB in 2011. Baseball has been my top sport since joining the Doc's Sports team over two years ago and along with CBB, it's been the sport I personally make my most money on as a professional sports bettor.

Mr. IWS
Vegas Sports Informer

MLB BASEBALL PLAYS
#972 Take Cleveland -135 over Minnesota (7:05 p.m., Friday June 1)
The Cleveland Indians enter the weekend 1 1/2 games behind the streaking White Sox and tonight the Indians are at home against the Minnesota Twins. The Twins have struggled this year but are coming to Cleveland winning 3-straight. Cleveland as of late are struggling as well losing 5 out of 6 and the Indians have lost back-to-back home games. Tonight this changes as Derek Lowe is on the mound for the Indians and if Lowe can keep the ball down Indians will have no problem winning tonight. Cleveland is 10-1 in their last 11 meetings against Minnesota and again the Indians break their slump and look for the Indians to win the weekend series. Minnesota is 8-23 following a SU win and the Twins are 1-5 in their last 6 games in Cleveland.
#980 Take Los Angeles Angels +100 over Texas (10:05 p.m., Friday June 1)

A much needed win for the Halos if they want to hang around in the AL West. The Angels are playing some good baseball as of late and if Williams can keep the Rangers in the ballpark the Halos can win tonight. The Rangers have own this series so again look for REVENGE as the Angels win tonight at home.

NBA PLAYOFF PLAY
Take #712 Boston -2 over Miami (8:30 p.m., Friday, June 1 ESPN)

This game does remind me of last night's game! Boston should win tonight at home and boy what a shock the Celtics win this game on the free-throw line. Miami has own the free-throw line in Miami so tonight look for the refs to let the Celtics win on the charity stripe. This game will be much closer then Game #3 of the Thunder/Spurs game but again look for Rondo to have another huge game for Boston. Heck maybe even Paul Pierce will play the whole game.

Mr. IWS
06-01-2012, 04:29 PM
Doc Sports

Doc
#711 Take Miami +2.5 over Boston (8:30 p.m. EST, Friday)Just think Boston blew their chance in this series by choking away Game 2 when they had a big lead. We know the refs didn't help their cause either, but we just feel they expended too much energy in that game and we just don't know how they will get up for this game tonight. We know Rondo is not going to score 44 points again. So where is the offense going to come from for Boston? Boston shot nearly 50 percent from the floor in Game 2 and still could not get the win. It is doubtful they are going to be able to get anywhere near that shooting percentage two games in a row against such a strong defense as Miami. Miami has seemed pretty cool and collected in this series so far while the Celtics have seemed outmatched. Even playing their best game in Game 2 they could not get the win and we think the emotional brunt of giving away the game in Miami will cause this one to be a short series. We do think this will be a close game as Boston will put up a fight at home but we think the Heat win this battle and put the Celtics on the brink of elimination. The points here give us some leeway in case this one goes down to the last shot.

Take #976 Kansas City Royals (-145) over Oakland A's (8:10pm ET) The Kansas City Royals host the Oakland A's tonight in the first of a three-game weekend series. The A's had a very good start to the 2012 season as they were 22-21 after their first 43 games. It was clear based on the numbers that the A's were overachieving, and they have dropped eight straight games since. The biggest problem for Oakland is the lack of production from the lineup. The A's are averaging only 3.2 runs per game, dead last in the American League. They've scored a total of 12 runs during their eight game skid and have been shutout three of those times. It won't get any easier for them today as they go up against a red hot pitcher for the Royals in Felipe Paulino. Paulino comes in with a 2.03 ERA on the season and is striking out 9.9 batters per nine innings. He is one of those pitchers that gets hot and cold, but he's definitely on fire right now making him a great play.
The Royals offense is very underrated as they are ranked 8th in OPS in the league, but have only scored the 11th most runs. Basically that means that they've been unlucky in situations with runners in scoring position or with two outs and runners on. That generally evens out over the course of a long season so we should see some improvement. They've scored 27 runs over their last five games (5.4 runs per game), so they're clearly already showing some signs. They get to face the 39-year old Bartolo Colon today. Colon has been bad over his last four starts with a 8.55 ERA and only two strikeouts in 20 innings. Colon has the reputation of not giving 100% effort if things aren't going well, so there's a good chance he doesn't break out of this slump right away with the A's struggling. The Royals have won four of their last five overall and I think they make it five out of six today against an A's team that looks helpless right now. Take Kansas City here as our MLB Game of the Month.

Mr. IWS
06-01-2012, 04:44 PM
Matt Rivers
250,000* Celtics

Mr. IWS
06-01-2012, 04:44 PM
Mike Hook | NBA Sides - Friday, Jun 1 2012 8:30PM
711 MIA 2.5(-110) Hilton vs 712 BOS triple-dime bet

Analysis:
The MIAMI HEAT +2.5 are a TRIPLE STAR NBA PLAY for Friday, June 1st!

SPECIAL MMA NOTE::::::::::::

MAX HOLLOWAY -115 Pat Schilling (3 UNITS)

MYLES JURY -300 Chris Saunders (2 UNITS)

DARON CRUICKSHANK -176 Chris Tickle (2 UNITS)

CHRISTIANO MARCELLO +177 Sam Sicilia (1 UNIT)

MARTIN KAMPMAN +190 Jake Ellenberger (1 UNIT)

Dancin' Shoes
06-01-2012, 06:21 PM
LEGIT PICKS

Friday 6/1/12 Plays...

5* BRAVES ML/LP
5* RED SOX/BLUEJAYS (UNDER)
5* HEAT
4* CUBS/GIANTS (OVER)
3* A'S/ROYALS (OVER)

---SURGEON GENERAL'S WARNING: Practicing Money Management & Shopping Lines Can Lead to Long Term Success--