PDA

View Full Version : 10-5-12

Mr. IWS
10-05-2012, 08:18 AM
We are looking for someone to post service plays in the evenings from 5pm and on from there. If you can spare some time, the group would really appreciate it.

Note:

ALL PLAYS POSTED ARE UNCONFIRMED UNLESS YOU BUY THEM YOURSELF. THERE IS BAD INFO PASSED AROUND FROM TIME TO TIME, SO PLAY AT YOUR OWN RISK

Mr. IWS
10-05-2012, 12:49 PM
Indian Cowboy

6-Unit Play. #492. Take Edmonton -1 over Hamilton (Friday @ 9pm est).

Edmonton remembers the 8-51 loss they took at the hands of Hamilton earlier this year and this is a revenge game for them. Bear in mind Hamilton comes off a 41-28 win over Montreal and I can see them having a let down here on the road against Edmonton with the crowd behind them on Friday night. Any time you lose to a team by 43 points, you wouldn't think that team would essentially be favored by 1 point in the next game but I think there is good reason here. Edmonton is good for spot plays and they can have played some tough competition lately. This team lost to Calgary by 24 points on the road in what was a bounce-back game for Calgary. They lost to British Columbia the defending champs at home by 1 point but did cover the 3.5 spread. I think at the end of the day, this is a good revenge spot and I can see them stepping up as the Tiger-Cats of Hamilton are 0-5 ATS against teams with a losing record and Eskimos of Edmonton are 5-1 ATS following an ATS loss.

Mr. IWS
10-05-2012, 12:50 PM
Jeff Scott Sports

3 UNIT PLAY

BYU/ Utah State Under 46: Was there any mystery on which way I will go here. Yep you guessed it I like the Under. The Cougars had a 47 point explosion last week but that was vs a depleted and poor Hawaii defense. This is not an offense that will score 40 or even 30 points all that often, especially when going up against good defenses and the Aggies have one of the better stop units in the nation, ranking 11th in scoring and 18th in points allowed. BYU will not move the ball on the Aggies like they did vs the Rainbows. The Aggie offense has put up 66 points in their last 2 games, but not vs the kind of defense that they will face tonight They have faced 2 good defenses this year and put up just 14 vs Wisconsin and just 20 points in regulation vs Utah. Both teams run more than they throw and both ar good at running, but these rush defenses are two of the better in the nation. That should eat clock and put these teams in some long yardage situations and neither QB is great in those situations. I see this one on the low 40’s at best.

Mr. IWS
Johnny Serronne

Bal/Tex UNDER 9 (4 UNITS)
Pittsburgh +1.5 (5 UNITS)
BYU/Utah St UNDER 45.5 (5 UNITS)
Utah State +7 (5 UNITS)
Braves (5 UNITS)

Mr. IWS
Platinum Plays.

500K ESPN Lock

the Utah St Aggies +7 over
the BYU Cougars

Best Bets

the Syracuse Orangemen -1½ over
the Pittsburgh Panthers

the Pittsburgh/Syracuse Game OVER
the Total Of 58½ Points

the Atlanta Braves w/Medlen -170 over
the St Louis Cardinals

the Baltimore/Texas Game OVER
the Total Of 9 Runs

Premier Pick

the Utah St/BYU Game UNDER
the Total Of 45½ Points

Mr. IWS
10-05-2012, 12:51 PM
Totals 4 You

Selections for Friday, October 5th

October's College Football Totals Parlay of the Month!!!!!
Pittsburgh/Syracuse under 58 1/2
Utah State/Brigham Young under 46

MLB Bets Bets
St Louis/Atlanta under 6 1/2
Baltimore/Texas under 9

Mr. IWS
10-05-2012, 12:51 PM
Charlie Sports

500* Utah/BYU Under 45
500* Pitt/Syracuse Over 58
500* Balty/Texas Over 9

Pitt +1
BYU -7

Mr. IWS
10-05-2012, 12:53 PM
Northcoast

Marquee - BYU under 46

Mr. IWS
Jimmy Boyd

3* (MLB) Atlanta Braves ML -165
3* (NCAAF) BYU -7

Mr. IWS
5Lines

Total Line for 10/05/2012
(Won last game)
Today's Winning Team is:
MLB - Baltimore Orioles : o9
Cost: -110

Run Line for 10/05/2012
(Won last 2 games)
Today's Winning Team is:
MLB - Baltimore Orioles : +1.5
Cost: -135

Mr. IWS
Indian Cowboy

4-Unit Play. #904. Take Over 9 Runs Baltimore vs. Texas (Friday @ 8:30pm est).

4-Unit Play. #603. Take Under 151 Indiana vs. Connecticut (Friday @ 8pm est).

Mr. IWS
Hoopsgooroo

310 Syracuse -1.5 @ 7p
312 BYU -7 @ 10:15p

Mr. IWS
10-05-2012, 01:00 PM
Scott Delaney

Friday's winner...

My 30-Dime Wgnner is on the OVER in the Big East showdown between the Pittsburgh Panthers and Syracuse Orange, at the Carrier Dome in Syracuse, New York. As I relejase this game at 7:30 a.m. eastern, a majornty of the lines I see both Offshore and in Las Vegas have this game sitting at Over 58'.

Tonight's Breakdown

Due back by 4 p.m. eastern

Mr. IWS
Matt Rivers

Friday's Selection ...

For Friday night in basebgll, 200,000♦ Wild Card Total of the Year is on the visitjing Baltimore Orioles and the host Texas Ranges to hold Under the posted total. It is Saunders and Darvish as your listed pitcners, and both must start or this play is VOID. The total is priced at 9 runs as I release this play at 8:30 am eastern time.

Playoff baseball tends to be played a little closer to the vest. Playoff baseball tends to see the players a little "tighter" in genegal. Playoff baseball tends to see good pitching simply shut down good hitting, and I think tonight will be no different.

Mr. IWS
Chris Jordan

Friday night's winner...

My 200♦ College Line Mgstake winner for tonijght is going to be the Pittsburgh Panthers on the MONEYLINE against the Syracuse Orange, at the Carrier Dome in Syracuse, New York. As I release this game at 5:45 a.m. pacific, the moneyline I am seenng at both Las Vegas and Offshore sports books is ranging from Pittsburgh +105 to +110.

TODAY'S BREAKDOWN

Due back by 1 p.m. pacific.

Mr. IWS
10-05-2012, 01:01 PM
Chuck O'Brien

Friday's Winner...

I love my 30 Dime Wgnner tonight, as I'm siding with the Texas Rangers on the Run Line, as I think they're going to crush the Baltimore Orioles in their American League Playoff in Arlington, Texas. As I reljase this game at 8:20 a.m. pacific, I see on this game is Texas -1-1/2 +105, in sports books here in Las Vegas and also Offshnre.

TONIGHT'S BREAKDOWN

Due back by 1 p.m. pacific

Mr. IWS
Jeff Benton

Friday's Action

30 Dime winner going out in college football on the visitgng Pitt Panthers plus the small number agajinst the Syracuse Orange. At the time I relense my selection at 9:30 am eastern time, the Panthers are +1 1/2 point underdogs both here in Vegas and offshore.

Mr. IWS
Craig Davis

Friday's Action...

20 Dime Winner #14 of 22 goes this Friday night on the visitgng Baltimore Orioles against the Texas Rangers. The listed pitcjhers are Saunders and Darvish and both must start or this play is VOID. At 12:00 pm eastern time, the O's are listed as the +170 undernog in Vegas and at the offshore books.

Analysis

20 DIME - BALTIMORE ORIOLES (Suanders vs. Darvish) --- I will return by 4:00 pm eastern with my analysis.

Mr. IWS
Anthony Redd

Friday's Play

40 Dime selgction on the Utah State Aggies against the BYU Cougars. As I rejlease this play at 7:30am Pacific here in Vegas, the line on Utah State is +7 in Vegas and offshnre.

Mr. IWS
10-05-2012, 06:23 PM
Northcoast

Marquee - BYU under 46

Mr. IWS
NBA Guru:

4* St Louis TEAM TOTAL UNDER 3 -115 (Bookmaker (http://www.cappersmall.com/forums/redirect-to/?redirect=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bookmaker.eu%2Flatest-promo%2F%3Fcmpid%3D1560_1308))
1* StL/Atl UNDER 6.5 +115 (Pinnacle)
1* Atlanta -168 (Medlen) (Bookmaker (http://www.cappersmall.com/forums/redirect-to/?redirect=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bookmaker.eu%2Flatest-promo%2F%3Fcmpid%3D1560_1308))

Mr. IWS
5Lines

Total Line for 10/05/2012 (Won last game)
Today's Winning Team is:
MLB - Baltimore Orioles : o9
Cost: -110

Run Line for 10/05/2012(Won last 2 games)
Today's Winning Team is:
MLB - Baltimore Orioles : +1.5
Cost: -135

Mr. IWS
10-05-2012, 06:24 PM
MLBPredictions
Kevin

5 STAR PICK = TEXAS RANGERS RL-1.5

1 UNIT = St Louis Cardinals @ Atlanta Braves - UNDER 6.5 (+115)
Listed Pitchers: Lohse vs Medlen
(Note: I'm risking 1.00 unit to win 1.15 units)

The Cardinals enter the Wild Card game as the road team with their 88-74 record overall, while the Braves get to host the game as they finished the season with a solid 94-68 record. The Cardinals were 38-43 on the road, while the Braves were 48-33 at home this year. Take note that the Cardinals enter Friday's game after scoring just 6 runs in their 3 game series against Cincinnati at home. The UNDER is 3-0 in their last 3 and 6-3 in their last 9 games. The Braves dropped 2 of 3 in Pittsburgh as they had the Wild Card spot locked up, but they did manage just 6 runs over those 3 games and haven't been scoring many runs over their last 25 games or so. The UNDER is 5-1 in their last 6 games overall. St Louis sends Kyle Lohse to the mound who is a stellar 16-3 on the year with a 2.86 ERA, 1.09 WHIP, and .239 opponents batting average. Kris Medlen will get the start for Atlanta after going 10-1 with a microscopic 1.57 ERA, 0.91 WHIP, and .208 opponents batting average. Atlanta is 25-1 in Medlen's last 26 starts overall. Note that the UNDER is 15-6 in Lohse's last 21 starts overall and the UNDER is 6-2 in the Cardinals last 8 road games. The UNDER is 41-17-2 in the Braves last 60 games overall, and 23-5-1 in their last 29 home games. The UNDER is also 6-2-1 in Medlen's last 9 starts overall, and 5-1-1 in his last 7 home starts. This is a low total, but again this is the postseason and with it being a one game elimination the managers are going to have a tight leash on both starters. Both pitchers have held opponents to under a .240 batting average over the season, and they are two of the top NL starting pitchers. Neither team is really hot with the bats lately and I expect runs to be hard to come by. Take the UNDER.

Mr. IWS
10-05-2012, 06:24 PM
JEFF SCOTT SPORTS

TOP PLAY

3 UNIT PLAY

Texas/ Baltimore Under 9: Joe Saunders has pitched very well since joining the the Orioles, posting a 2.75 ERA with a 1.15 WHIP in his last 6 starts for them. On the road he has a 1.77 ERA in 4 starts as an Oriole and his road starts have averaged a mere 4.33 rpg. He does have a 6.43 ERA in his career vs Texas but has faced them just once in last 3 years and in that game he allowed just 1 ER in 7 innings of work. Yu Darvish gets the call for the Rangers tonight and he has the advantage of the Orioles having never seen him. He has also been pitching well, allowing 3 ER's or less in each of his last 8 starts, while in his last 4 starts he has a 1.51 ERA in his last 4 starts. This is just a 1 game playoff and that may have both teams offenses a bit tight. I feel the pitchers have the advantage here and that will keep the scoring down.

OTHER PLAY

2 UNIT PLAY

St Louis/ Atlanta Over 6.5

Mr. IWS
10-05-2012, 06:25 PM
JEFF SCOTT SPORTS

3 UNIT PLAYS

Pittsburgh/ Syracuse Under 58: Wow. I really don't see nearly 60 points in this game. This is the Big East for crying out loud. Yes the Cuse use the no huddle offense but in their last 2 weeks they have really struggling, putting up just 28 points in the game vs FCS foe Stony Brook and then in their next game vs Minnesota they could muster just 10 points. The Defense for the Panthers is coming around as they have allowed just 27 points in their last 2 games and with teh extra prep time will find a way to keep this Cuse no-huddle attack under wraps. Pittsburgh is not a take chances kind of offense and they will not look to get into a shootout in this one. The Panthers do run the ball (40 per game) more than they throw it (30 per game) and that kind of ball control will help them eat clock and keep the Syracuse offense off the field. They will also be facing a Syracuse defense that has allowed just 17 ppg in their last 2 games. This game should be a hard fought typical Big East game and not a Big 12 shootout and that should keep the game in the 40's and not the 50's.

Mr. IWS
Christian Alexander's Pick Pack

NCAA Football Friday Picks

Member Plays

Matchup: Utah State at BYU
Time: 10:15 PM EDT (Fri)
Play: BYU (-7 -110)
Line Source: BetOnline.ag
Posted on: October 2, 2012 @ 12:45:26 PM EDT

While the BYU offense has struggled at times they were able to build quite a bit of confidence and momentum last week against a weaker Hawaii defense putting up 540 yards of offense, 396 of them on the ground. While I don’t see BYU putting up those same numbers again this week I think their balanced attack, around 200 yards a game both rushing and passing will be enough to put some points on the board against an average Utah State defense. And it won’t take many points because the Aggies offense will struggle mightily against a BYU team that quietly boasts one of the best defenses in the country allowing only 10 points a game. I look for a lower scoring game all the way around but look for the BYU offense to be more productive than the Aggies and put a double digit win at home.

Mr. IWS
Marc Lawrence (LTS):

3* Giants (+110) series vs. Reds

Mr. IWS
OC Dooley:
“2 UNIT” NATIONAL LEAGUE WILDCARD TOTAL (Cardinals at Braves OVER 6’ in a 5:07 eastern start televised on TBS------Lohse versus Medlen): It is easy to see why the oddmakers have cast such a low total for this late afternoon “one and done” Wildcard postseason affair as we have a battle between staff aces. Due to injuries that have derailed the combination of Chris Carpenter and Adam Wainwright, the role of staff ace in St. Louis this campaign fell on the shoulders of Kyle Lohse who for the most part lived up to his lofty billing. But one of the few true “clunkers” that Lohse had this campaign just happened to occur IN Atlanta where he was the wrong end of a very high scoring 10-7 slugfest. I am fully aware that the Braves are going with the hottest pitcher in baseball who since the All-Star Break has a sub-ONE ERA, but the fact of the matter is that Kris Medlen has never been asked to perform with this type of pressure. To put this in proper perspective neither Medlen or Lohse has been a “true” number-one staff ace for any significant period of time. My research indicates that for the entire regular season Atlanta was 20-9 OVER the total when facing an excellent National League starting pitcher who had an ERA of below the three-mark. To add icing to the cake this season when facing a National League starter with a 2.70 ERA or better, St. Louis went 12-4 OVER the number

Mr. IWS
10-05-2012, 06:27 PM
GoodFella
MLB ML - Friday, Oct 5 2012 5:07PM
ML 902 ATL (-166) vs 901 STL single-dime bet

Mr. IWS
Pointwise phones:

2* byu

Mr. IWS
Kelso
25 byu

Mr. IWS
Bryan Leonard MLB Total Fri, 10/05/12 - 8:37 PM

double-dime bet 904 TEX / 903 BAL UNDER 9

Analysis: Baltimore @ Texas
Joe Saunders takes the mound for the Orioles against a Rangers offense that spent the better part of September posting numbers well below their season averages. In September/October, the Rangers batted just .251 with a season-low .305 OBP. The biggest key for Saunders in this start is that he doesn't walk people. In 174.2 innings of work, Saunders has issued just 39 walks. After Saunders was rocked in his first start with the Orioles, he posted a 2.75 ERA in the other six starts, a span of 39.1 innings.

Yu Darvish will head to the hill for the Rangers, with some strong numbers on his side. In his first start against a team, Darvish is 10-3 with a 3.12 ERA. In late August, the Rangers decided to leave Darvish alone and allow him to pitch his game instead of trying to change what worked for him. He responded in September with a 2.21 ERA in five starts, after posting a 5.74 ERA in July and a 5.29 ERA in August. With Darvish able to dictate things for himself, he has been far more comfortable. The moment shouldn't catch up with Darvish, who pitched in several big games in Japan and in international competition.

Both teams should play this game pretty close to the vest and the pitchers will be focused on their games. The Rangers also have to try and overcome their epic collapse that cost them the AL West crown, while the Orioles, who hoped to be hosting their first playoff game in 15 years had to head to Texas to try and keep their postseason dream alive.

PLAY: BAL/TEX UNDER

Mr. IWS
BOB BALFE

St. Louis Cardinals vs Atlanta Braves
Atlanta Braves -165, 6.5
10/05/2012 5:00 PM

SELECTION: ATLANTA BRAVES -165
Medlen/Lohse
Who the heck is Kris Medlen? That will be the reaction from most baseball fans watching the playoffs tonight. This guy is 9-0 in all of his starts this year and its not because of run support. He is sporting a ERA under 1.00 when he starts. That is just amazing. I think he will show a little nerves tonight, but I like the fact the Braves dominate against right handing pitching while the Cardinals broke even this year. The Braves are a tough team to beat at home and the Cardinals actually had a losing away record this year. Look for game one to go to Atlanta. I don't usually play prices this high, but its playoff time and we have no other choice. Take the Braves.

Mr. IWS
10-05-2012, 06:28 PM
ANDRE GOMES

MLB - 901 St Louis Cardinals @ 902 Atlanta Braves
(Starting Pitchers: K. Lohse vs K. Medlen)

Atlanta will of course use Medlen in today's wild card game and I expect the Cardinals' batters to struggle today. Medlen generally uses three kind of pitches: fastball, curveball and changeup, with his secret being the fact that his release point is the same for the three pitches, something that really fools the opposing batters. According to fangraphs.com, Medlen is a top 5 pitcher in all these three pitches, while St Louis is #6 against fastballs, #4 against curveballs and #16 against changeups (Medlen's best pitch). Over the last 30 days, the Cardinals are just #21 against fastballs, #7 against curveballs and #26 against changeups, therefore looking at Medlen's amazing form, I can't really expect St Louis (whose roster has just 33 AB's against him) to be the team who is finally able to make Medlen struggle, after a dozen of amazing outings. If we add to this, an excellent bullpen with Martinez, O'Flaherty and Avilan plus the closer Kimbrel (1.01 ERA, 0.78 FIP and 0.88 xFIP), I don't see how the Cardinals will be able to have any kind of decent offense today against the current best pitcher in the baseball plus a bullpen who is #2 in FIP with 3.21 and #1 in xFIP with 3.32 this season, while having had even better numbers in September.
So, it will be all up to Lohse to have a very good outing today to compensate St Louis' lack of hitting today. He had "just" a solid September/October with 3.89 ERA, but his advanced numbers (3.39 FIP, 3.34 xFIP) were quite good and better than his ERA. He had some issues against Washington twice, but that isn't expected to happen today against an Atlanta offense that combined a .635 OPS over the last 30 days. Lohse throws mostly fastballs (53%), sliders (23.4%) and changeups (19.2%), with the Braves being just #28 in hitting against fastballs, #25 against sliders and #5 against changeups in September. With the full season numbers not being much better, I don't see Atlanta putting Lohse in big trouble today. I know Lohse struggled in a start against Atlanta earlier on the season, but he didn't have his usual good control on his pitches (6 GB and 10 FB, including 2 HR allowed) and ended up struggled against a Braves offense that was in much better form back then than they are right now.
Even though I believe Atlanta will eventually win this game due to a brilliant pitching from Medlen plus the bullpen, I also expect Lohse to have a very good outing in here, turning this game into a very low scoring game. Therefore, even considering the low totals line, I'll be taking the Under in here.
Pick: 3 units (Single Dime Play) on 901/902 Under 7 (w/ K. Lohse & K. Medlen) @ -125 / 1.80

Mr. IWS
Al DeMarco - GM

Friday's Play

10 dime run line release on TExas and Yu Darvish at home agaisnt Baltimore and Joe Saunders. Obviously specify both pitchers. The Rangers are +100 as of 11 AM Pacific.

It's been a lousy - make that AWFUL - two weeks, but it's not the first time in my life I've been crushed nor will it be the last. And the past will not affect how I play tonight or this weekend because, bottom line, the breaks always even out over the long run and will ultimately go in my favor.

Back to baseball tonight for winner # 19 of 27 on the Rangers-Orioles wildcard game.

Mr. IWS
Sean Michaels

Friday's Play

50 Dime Play on Utah State as the road dog against BYU. As I release this play at 11:20 AM here in Vegas on Friday morning, the visiting Aggies are +6 1/2, although you can find them at +7 at some books as well.

Mr. IWS
jack jones

20*utah st.+7
15 card's
15* orioles

Mr. IWS
Seabass
100 Utah St.
50 OVER Rangers in baseball

Mr. IWS
10-05-2012, 06:37 PM
Marco D'Angelo | MLB Total - Friday, Oct 5 2012 8:37PM
903 BAL / 904 TEX UNDER 9 Hilton double-dime bet

Analysis: PLAY: TEXAS/BALTIMORE UNDER 9
RATING: DOUBLE DIME PLAY

The Texas Rangers have to be feeling the wait of the world on them right now after their colossal collapse last week. Texas basically was in 1st place the entire season right up to the final day. With a loss today the Rangers can go from back to back World Seri ‰es games to one and done. With that said I believe this game will be played more like a National League game where both will try to manufacture runs. So what I mean is instead of going for the big inning they will be more inclined to bunt a runner and give up a out to get a runner in scoring position. Both teams will be tight playing more trying not to lose rather than playing to win. That style will help our bet on the Under. Also both pitchers are in good form right now as Yu Darvish has had 8 straight starts where he has given up 3 runs or less. Baltimore starter Joe Saunders has had 6 straight starts with 3 runs or less. Another factor I like for the under is the fact that this will be the first time Baltimore has faced Darvish. The pitcher always has the advantage over the hitter the first time around the league. Darvish may be pitching in his first playoff game in Major League Baseball but he already has Playoff experience as he pitched in the Playoffs in Japan. In fact he pitched in the playoffs in 5 of the 6 seasons he was there and had an 8-2 record and a ERA of 1.38. Look for a pitcher's duel here as I see 7 or less runs being scored.

TAKE TEXAS/BALTIMORE UNDER 9

Mr. IWS
10-05-2012, 06:48 PM
Fargo ENFORCER UTAH ST