PDA

View Full Version : 10-16-12

Mr. IWS
10-16-2012, 08:27 AM
We are looking for someone to post service plays in the evenings from 5pm and on from there. If you can spare some time, the group would really appreciate it.

Note:

ALL PLAYS POSTED ARE UNCONFIRMED UNLESS YOU BUY THEM YOURSELF. THERE IS BAD INFO PASSED AROUND FROM TIME TO TIME, SO PLAY AT YOUR OWN RISK

Mr. IWS
10-16-2012, 02:03 PM
Larry Ness

10* ALCS Game 3 Total is on NYY/Det Over at 8:05 ET.

The Tigers haven taken the first two games of the 2012 ALCS in New York, holding the Yankees scoreless except for that four-run Yankee outburst in the 9th inning of Game 1 (two-run HRs by Ichiro and Ibanez) off Detroit’s “closer-in-limbo,” Jose Valverde. With the exception of Valverde, no Detroit pitcher has allowed an earned run since Game 3 of the ALDs against Oakland. That’s not all. Detroit pitching (other than Valverde) has been near-perfect the entire postseason. Valverde has pitched just 2.1 innings (seven outs) while allowing seven ERs (27.00 ERA) while the rest of Detroit’s staff has gone 62.1 innings while allowing the same number of ERs (seven) for a 1.01 ERA! Justin Verlander takes the mound Tuesday night in Game 3 of the ALCS. The reigning AL MVP and Cy Young winner won both his starts against the A's in the ALDS, throwing a shutout in the decisive fifth game (2-0 with an 0.56 ERA and 22 Ks in 16 innings). He leads a starting staff which owns an 0.94 ERA this postseason. Detroit's pitching display has gone hand in hand with New York's batting slump. A-Rod has taken most of the heat but he’s just a part of a quartet (joined by Cano, Granderson and Swisher) which is a combined 12 for 107 (.112). With Derek Jeter out for the year after breaking an ankle in Game 1 of this series, the Yankees desperately need their other stars to start hitting. I say it happens here, even against Verlander. Now remember, I don’t need an offensive ‘explosion,’ as the total in this game opened seven (could drop by game time). Plus, before I get to the Yankees vs Verlander, let me note that Yankee starter Phil Hughes is hardly CC Sabathia. He pitched well in Game 4 of the ALDS vs Baltimore (6.2 IP / 4 hits / 1 ER) but that was at Yankee Stadium. Hughes made 16 road starts this season, going 5-9 with a 4.76 ERA (team was 6-10). He has made eight starts vs the Tigers in his career, posting a 4-4 record with a 4.50 ERA. Hughes has made just two previous road starts in his modest postseason career (both at Texas in the 2010 ALCS), allowing 14 hits and 11 ERs in just 8.2 innings 911.42 ERA). Truth be told, I may not much of anything from the Yankee bats in this one. However, as much as a I like Verlander, I think the Yankees are a very dangerous club in this one, as they’ve been “written off” by even their most ardent fans. Let’s note that the first two times New York faced Verlander in 2012, the Yankees did pretty well. Verlander allowed 16 hits and 10 runs (seven earned) over 12.1 innings (that’s a 5.11 ERA ) in taking a no decision during a 7-6 Yankee win and getting the loss in a 5-1 Yankee win. He then bounced back with a typical Verlander outing in his final start vs the Yanks, allowing just two unearned runs while striking out 14 over eight innings of a 7-2 Detroit win. Verlander surely hasn’t dominated the Yankees in his career, going 6-4 with a 3.94 ERA over 16 starts (team is 8-8), including the postseason. "Obviously Verlander is a great pitcher, but he is human and we know we can score off him," Phil Hughes said. "I just have to do a better job than he does. It's going to be a challenge, but, like I said, I'm looking forward to it." I agree with part of what Hughes said and that is, the Yanks have a legitimate shot at scoring some vs Verlander. As for Hughes coming up big, I’m not buying that at all, which means I’m going Over!

Mr. IWS
10-16-2012, 04:18 PM
Big Al

Detroit Tigers

Mr. IWS
10-16-2012, 04:44 PM
Larry Ness[/B]
Evaluation: October 16, 2012 - 8:00 PM
Reason For Pick:
My 10* ALCS Game 3 Total is on NYY/Det Over at 8:05 ET.

The Tigers haven taken the first two games of the 2012 ALCS in New York, holding the Yankees scoreless except for that four-run Yankee outburst in the 9th inning of Game 1 (two-run HRs by Ichiro and Ibanez) off Detroit’s “closer-in-limbo,” Jose Valverde. With the exception of Valverde, no Detroit pitcher has allowed an earned run since Game 3 of the ALDs against Oakland. That’s not all. Detroit pitching (other than Valverde) has been near-perfect the entire postseason. Valverde has pitched just 2.1 innings (seven outs) while allowing seven ERs (27.00 ERA) while the rest of Detroit’s staff has gone 62.1 innings while allowing the same number of ERs (seven) for a 1.01 ERA! Justin Verlander takes the mound Tuesday night in Game 3 of the ALCS. The reigning AL MVP and Cy Young winner won both his starts against the A's in the ALDS, throwing a shutout in the decisive fifth game (2-0 with an 0.56 ERA and 22 Ks in 16 innings). He leads a starting staff which owns an 0.94 ERA this postseason. Detroit's pitching display has gone hand in hand with New York's batting slump. A-Rod has taken most of the heat but he’s just a part of a quartet (joined by Cano, Granderson and Swisher) which is a combined 12 for 107 (.112). With Derek Jeter out for the year after breaking an ankle in Game 1 of this series, the Yankees desperately need their other stars to start hitting. I say it happens here, even against Verlander. Now remember, I don’t need an offensive ‘explosion,’ as the total in this game opened seven (could drop by game time). Plus, before I get to the Yankees vs Verlander, let me note that Yankee starter Phil Hughes is hardly CC Sabathia. He pitched well in Game 4 of the ALDS vs Baltimore (6.2 IP / 4 hits / 1 ER) but that was at Yankee Stadium. Hughes made 16 road starts this season, going 5-9 with a 4.76 ERA (team was 6-10). He has made eight starts vs the Tigers in his career, posting a 4-4 record with a 4.50 ERA. Hughes has made just two previous road starts in his modest postseason career (both at Texas in the 2010 ALCS), allowing 14 hits and 11 ERs in just 8.2 innings 911.42 ERA). Truth be told, I may not much of anything from the Yankee bats in this one. However, as much as a I like Verlander, I think the Yankees are a very dangerous club in this one, as they’ve been “written off” by even their most ardent fans. Let’s note that the first two times New York faced Verlander in 2012, the Yankees did pretty well. Verlander allowed 16 hits and 10 runs (seven earned) over 12.1 innings (that’s a 5.11 ERA ) in taking a no decision during a 7-6 Yankee win and getting the loss in a 5-1 Yankee win. He then bounced back with a typical Verlander outing in his final start vs the Yanks, allowing just two unearned runs while striking out 14 over eight innings of a 7-2 Detroit win. Verlander surely hasn’t dominated the Yankees in his career, going 6-4 with a 3.94 ERA over 16 starts (team is 8-8), including the postseason. "Obviously Verlander is a great pitcher, but he is human and we know we can score off him," Phil Hughes said. "I just have to do a better job than he does. It's going to be a challenge, but, like I said, I'm looking forward to it." I agree with part of what Hughes said and that is, the Yanks have a legitimate shot at scoring some vs Verlander. As for Hughes coming up big, I’m not buying that at all, which means I’m going OVER!

Good luck...Larry