PDA

View Full Version : 10-19-12

Mr. IWS
10-19-2012, 08:25 AM
We are looking for someone to post service plays in the evenings from 5pm and on from there. If you can spare some time, the group would really appreciate it.

Note:

ALL PLAYS POSTED ARE UNCONFIRMED UNLESS YOU BUY THEM YOURSELF. THERE IS BAD INFO PASSED AROUND FROM TIME TO TIME, SO PLAY AT YOUR OWN RISK

Mr. IWS
10-19-2012, 01:32 PM
Ben Burns

October 19, 2012 - 8:00 PM
MLB San Francisco vs. St. Louis **MONSTER TOTAL ALERT**
Burns' *10* Friday NLCS O/U BEST BEST OF THE BEST! *4-0 L4, 10-2 L12 O/Us! ~ LIMITED TIME OFFER!

betonline @ Under 8 -110

Mr. IWS
10-19-2012, 04:16 PM
Larry Ness
October 19, 2012 - 8:00 PM
Reason For Pick:
My 9* NLCS Game 5 Showdown is on the SF Giants at 8:05 ET.

Now regulars are aware I’m a HUGE fan of the Cardinals but they are NOT the 1927 NY Yankees! St Louis has seemingly been handed the NLCS against the Giants after last night’s 8-3 victory has them up 3-1 in the series. Now I‘ve had the Cards in each of the last two games but I will take the Giants in this one. Meanwhile, the Giants find themselves in the same position they were in against the Reds in the NLDS, needing THREE straight wins to capture this series. That is very likely a “bridge too far,” but I expect the San Francisco bats to ‘wake up’ here vs Lance Lynn. The Giants scored just once in Game 3 (went 0-7 with RISP) and had one run again in Game 4, before a meaningless two-run HR in the 9th (1-5 with RISP). However, let’s remember that after falling behind 6-0 in Game 1 of this series on Sunday, the Giants reached Lynn for four runs in the bottom of the 4th in that game (both teams went scoreless after that, as the Cards won 6-4). Lynn has had an interesting season. He was selected to the All Star team, with an 11-4 mark at the break (team was 12-5 in his 17 starts). However, he began to struggle post-break and from Aug 2 through 24, he posted a 6.56 ERA over five starts (he was 0-1 and the team 2-3) and Matheny sent him to the bullpen, where he made his next six appearances. He returned to the rotation on Sep 13 and would go 4-0 with a 2.19 ERA. He had been used strictly out of the bullpen in the postseason prior to his Game 1 start in this series, making four appearances (one vs Atl and three vs Wash). He was asked to get just one out in each of his first two playoff appearances but in his next two outings, he allowed four hits (three HRs) and three ERs in three innings. Now note that in his final start of the regular season, he allowed six hits and four ERs in going 5.1 innings of a 10-4 win, so in his previous five outings (one start and four relief appearances), he’d allowed 10 hits and seven ERs in nine innings for a 7.00 ERA. Throw in his Game 1 effort (3.2 IP / 5 hits / 4 ERs) and he’s allowed 15 hits and 11 ERs over 12.2 innings for a 7.82 ERA over his last six outings. Let me also note that he made just two career starts vs the Giants (one this year), losing both while posting a 7.15 ERA entering Sunday’s game. Adding in that effort, he’s now allowed 17 hits and 13 ERs over 15.1 innings (7.63 ERA) in three starts vs the Giants. Don’t count out San Fran, just yet! Now to win, the Giants will need Barry Zito to be MUCH better than he was in his Game 4 start in the NLDS vs Cincinnati, when he lasted just 2.2 innings while allowing four hits, four walks and two ERs. As most (many?) know, Zito FINALLY had a decent year for the Giants in 2012, finishing the season going 7-0 over his last 11 starts (all San Fran wins), posting a 3.93 ERA. That left him 14-8 with a 4.15 ERA on the season and at 21-11 in all starts, his moneyline mark of plus-$1,387 was the second-best mark among all starters. I must say I’m not 100% sold on Zito but I’m going against Lynn in this one, as I don’t believe the Giants will ‘roll over.’ The Cards will need to return to the City by the Bay, to wrap up this series.

Mr. IWS
10-19-2012, 06:09 PM
Root

Millionaire Connecticut (+4) over Syracuse