PDA

View Full Version : 10-25-12

Mr. IWS
10-25-2012, 08:31 AM
We are looking for someone to post service plays in the evenings from 5pm and on from there. If you can spare some time, the group would really appreciate it.

Note:

ALL PLAYS POSTED ARE UNCONFIRMED UNLESS YOU BUY THEM YOURSELF. THERE IS BAD INFO PASSED AROUND FROM TIME TO TIME, SO PLAY AT YOUR OWN RISK

Mr. IWS
10-25-2012, 08:35 AM
Ben Burns

Minnesota Vikings & Under

Mr. IWS
10-25-2012, 08:35 AM
Ben Burns

Minnesota Vikings & Under

Burns *10* THURSDAY MAIN EVENT! ~ BUCS/VIKES

Minnesota Vikings-6.5

Burns'*10* TOP THURSDAY TOTAL! ~ VIKES/BUCS

UNDER 42

Mr. IWS
10-25-2012, 08:36 AM
Wayne Root

Billionaire Wake Forest
Millioanire Minnesota

Mr. IWS
10-25-2012, 11:34 AM
Big Al

At 8:05 pm, our selection is on the San Francisco Giants over the Detroit Tigers

Mr. IWS
10-25-2012, 04:33 PM
Ben Burns

Burns' *10* Thursday BEST BET!
under 59 clemson vs. wake forest

Burns' *10* THURSDAY MAIN EVENT!
Minnesota 6-.5

Burns' *10* TOP THURSDAY TOTAL!
VIKES/BUCS under 42

Burns' TOP Playoff Report! 10*
Detroit Tigers

I'm playing on DETROIT. As you surely saw or heard, the Giants won in convincing fashion yesterday. Beating Verlander was obviously huge for SF. I'm not counting the Tigers out yet. Not by a long-shot. I liked the defense I saw from Detroit late last night. Down and out, the Tigers were still making great plays. I expect them to have an edge on the mound here and I look for them to bounce back and even the series.

With a 3..29 ERA and 1.206 WIP, Fister could easily be better than 10-10. After all, Bumgarner has a worse ERA (3.66) yet is 16-13. I'm more interested in the current form of these guys than their overall season W/L records though.

While he didn't get the win in either of his lasts two starts, Fister is off back to back gems, each of them Detroit victories. Last time out, he tossed 6 2/3 shutout innings at Yankee Stadium. In his previous start, Fister allowed two runs through seven innings vs. Oakland. Note that he didn't allow a home run in either of those games.

On the other hand, Bumgarner has really struggled of late. He got rocked for six runs in just 3 2/3 innings last time out. He's now 0-3 with an awful 10.50 ERA and 1.917 WHIP his last three starts. He gave up a minimum of four earned runs in all three of those starts and failed to go five innings in any of them. Over that 12 inning stretch, he gave up 15 runs (14 earned) and allowed five home runs.

While Fister will have the advantage of starting against the Giants for the first time, the Tigers got to face Bumgarner last July. To his credit, Bumgarner did pitch well in that 7/1/2011 game. However, as noted, he's currently in poor form - and the Tigers having some familiarity with him should help.

While they're hot right now, SF hasn't been a team that has reeled off too many extended winning streaks this year. Even with the victory last time, the Giants are still only 11-16 (-7.8) after having won three or more consecutive games. Conversely, the Tigers are 43-32 off a loss.

You'll likely hear about this during the game ... Fister, who now has a superb 1.75 ERA in four playoff starts, actually grew up in California and was a Giants' fan and dreamed of pitching a World Series game here. He was quoted as saying: "Growing up, don't tell anybody, I was a Giants fan, and being able to come to a couple games when I was little, it's always been a dream and a goal for me, and now it's happening. It's definitely special being able to come into the ballpark and play in a World Series is something that obviously is a moment that will never be forgotten."

Look for Fister's dream to come true and for the Tigers to come away with the win.