View Full Version : UFC 162

Pages : [1] 2

poopoo333
03-06-2013, 02:06 PM
Report: Anderson Silva Agrees to Defend Belt Against Chris Weidman at UFC 162

Thiago Silva vs. Rafael 'Feijao' Cavalcante targeted for UFC 162

SPX
03-06-2013, 02:39 PM
'Bout time for Silva to stop being a bitch about Weidman.

As for Silva/Cavalcante, all I know is that if he wins it will be turned into an NC because Silva fails another drug test.

Svino
03-06-2013, 09:15 PM
Weidman has looked very good but I think he's overhyped now. I've been a skeptic about Silva's wrestling ability for a long time and even I think he's going to smash Weidman.

SPX
03-06-2013, 09:44 PM
Yeah, if Weidman can't get the TD then it will probably be a short night for him. But who else is there at this point?

Lombard and Belcher both just had their hype trains derailed by Okami and Okami definitely isn't getting another title shot any time soon.

I guess if Rockhold beats Vitor then he's the only other guy who makes sense, especially considering the fact that he was the SF titleholder when they closed their doors.

poopoo333
03-06-2013, 09:44 PM
UFC 162 adds Munoz vs. Boetsch, Kennedy vs. Gracie, Cavalcante vs. Silva (http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/03/gracie-kennedy-boetsch-munoz-feijao-silva-added-to-ufc-162)

edman5555
03-08-2013, 04:31 PM
Anderson Silva opens as -215 favorite over Chris Weidman.

So a show of hands. Who thinks Weidman is going to go out there and handle Silva?

I think Weidman will get knocked out.

Luke
03-08-2013, 04:43 PM
Me...

Holy shit Silva up to -400 already. I'll take Weidman at those odds

Thewisemann
03-08-2013, 04:50 PM
Weidmsn is gonna own Silva. But I really wanted him to get one more fight first.

edman5555
03-08-2013, 05:23 PM
Weidmsn is gonna own Silva. But I really wanted him to get one more fight first.

I give him a shot but owning him is going to be hard. Do you think he can sub Silva?

Thewisemann
03-08-2013, 05:48 PM
Possible. But he will win.

SPX
03-08-2013, 06:29 PM
I think Silva is going to fuck him up just like Silva fucks everyone up. I'd bet him right now at -300 but I don't have enough money in my account to justify tying 3u up for that long.

poopoo333
03-08-2013, 10:08 PM
I would love to get Weidman at +250 or better fight day. I'm gonna put $1k on it

edman5555
03-08-2013, 10:18 PM
I would love to get Weidman at +250 or better fight day. I'm gonna put $1k on it

Ypu possess ballsack. Are you going to go for decision or submission?

poopoo333
03-08-2013, 10:39 PM
Ypu possess ballsack. Are you going to go for decision or submission?

I don't know...probably headkick KO

poopoo333
03-08-2013, 11:15 PM
One thing I do not like about Weidman is that he seems to be a very positional grappler, he isn't like Sonnen who just doesn't stop punching you in the face. Weidman maintains positions, tries to advance, and get the submission. Sonnen was able to just take Silva down and really tire him out and beat the shit out of him...this makes me think Silva will be more fresh in rounds 2-5 and will have a better chance on the feet before getting taken down.

mike
03-09-2013, 12:59 AM
One thing I do not like about Weidman is that he seems to be a very positional grappler, he isn't like Sonnen who just doesn't stop punching you in the face. Weidman maintains positions, tries to advance, and get the submission. Sonnen was able to just take Silva down and really tire him out and beat the shit out of him...this makes me think Silva will be more fresh in rounds 2-5 and will have a better chance on the feet before getting taken down.
I think Silva will have alot more trouble on the ground with Weidman. Sonnen hit Silva 1000 times on the ground and does minimal damage. He mounted Silva and couldnt do any damage. Weidman takes Silva down, i think he'll dish out more damage. He has the ability to finish Silva. Sonnen didnt have that threat.

Thewisemann
03-09-2013, 07:27 AM
Already dropped 500 at Weidman +280

edman5555
03-09-2013, 09:17 AM
I still think weidman is a little green. He will probably make some kind of mistake and get blasted.

edman5555
03-10-2013, 10:29 PM
Well apparently I am a retard and everyone else is smart.

ufc-quick-quote-georges-st-pierre-says-chris-weidman-will-finish-anderson-silva-ufc-162-mma

SPX
03-10-2013, 11:12 PM
I'm with you on Anderson figuring something out with Weidman. And I'll say this shit, I've been wanting someone to beat Anderson for a while, and if Weidman is the guy to do it will actually piss me off. Because of all the people who have fought Anderson, Weidman is probably my least favorite. Well, except for maybe Thales Leites.

Ludo
03-10-2013, 11:27 PM
I'm with you on Anderson figuring something out with Weidman. And I'll say this shit, I've been wanting someone to beat Anderson for a while, and Weidman is the guy to do it will actually piss me off. Because of all the people who have fought Anderson, Weidman is probably my least favorite. Well, except for maybe Thales Leites.

He's probably the most talented as well, though. His all around game is getting very fluid, and he already had the great wrestling combined with great submission defense(something Sonnen didn't have). Anderson can be held down, and if Weidman can work some of that ground and pound early on and maybe hurt Anderson who knows what happens.

edman5555
03-10-2013, 11:40 PM
Yeah he has great wrestling and sub defense but that only means he has to take Anderson down for 5 rounds and hold him the entire five minutes each round. Sonnen couldnt do that the second time around. Weidman might have a shot at subbing him. Thats where I give him some room to win.

trotterz
03-11-2013, 07:10 AM
Weidman might gas badly if hw grapples for the first 2-3 rounds

poopoo333
03-11-2013, 10:47 AM
Weidman might gas badly if hw grapples for the first 2-3 rounds

This worries me too, but I am not sure if I want to take the Maia fight into account because he cut 30 lbs in a week or so to make weight for that fight since it was such short notice.

trotterz
03-11-2013, 12:39 PM
He gassed agains't sakara as well. I can't recall if that fight was on short notice as well though.

Thewisemann
03-11-2013, 12:45 PM
Im pretty sure it was. Sakara was suppose to fight someone else.

poopoo333
03-14-2013, 09:30 AM
Korean Zombie returns to face Ricardo Lamas at UFC 162

poopoo333
04-12-2013, 02:29 PM
Middleweight
Anderson Silva (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anderson_Silva) (c)
vs.
Chris Weidman (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Weidman)

Note 1 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFC_162#endnote_UFC_162)

Featherweight
Chan Sung Jung (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chan_Sung_Jung)
vs.
Ricardo Lamas (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ricardo_Lamas)

Middleweight
Mark Muñoz (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Mu%C3%B1oz)
vs.
Tim Boetsch (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Boetsch)

Featherweight
Frankie Edgar (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frankie_Edgar)
vs.
Charles Oliveira (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Oliveira)

Featherweight
Dennis Siver (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dennis_Siver)
vs.
Cub Swanson (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cub_Swanson)

Preliminary card

Middleweight
Tim Kennedy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Kennedy_%28fighter%29)
vs.
Roger Gracie (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roger_Gracie)

Middleweight
Chris Leben (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Leben)
vs.
Andrew Craig (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Craig_%28fighter%29)

Welterweight
Seth Baczynski (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seth_Baczynski)
vs.
Brian Melancon (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Melancon)

Heavyweight
Dave Herman (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_Herman_%28fighter%29)
vs.
Shane del Rosario (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shane_del_Rosario)

poopoo333
04-12-2013, 02:30 PM
Makdessi vs Barboza added

SPX
04-12-2013, 03:32 PM
That's a damn good fight. I'm really curious to see that one. I think Makdessi will be a dog and I also think I'll probably bet him.

Luke
05-31-2013, 06:57 PM
bump

zY|
05-31-2013, 08:06 PM
Thanks dawg. I'm going to this one.

Luke
05-31-2013, 08:09 PM
Thanks dawg. I'm going to this one.

Wait, you're going to be in Vegas? I never knew you cared for that place

Thewisemann
05-31-2013, 08:18 PM
Me too

Luke
05-31-2013, 08:46 PM
Shit......maybe I should go also, seriously.

zY|
06-01-2013, 09:20 AM
Wait, you're going to be in Vegas? I never knew you cared for that place

I've never been, so I can't really say.

edman5555
06-01-2013, 09:41 AM
Makdessi vs Barboza added

Makdessi out. Rafaello Olivieria steps in.

Luke
06-01-2013, 12:42 PM
If we just got edmann to go I'm sure it would turn into a 4th Hangover movie

Luke
06-01-2013, 12:43 PM
I've never been, so I can't really say.

Where are you staying?

poopoo333
06-02-2013, 10:50 PM
I'm gonna be in Vegas in November. That's all.

edman5555
06-09-2013, 10:10 AM
I am liking Chris Leben over Andrew Craig in this one. Also Mike Pierce over David Mitchell. Edgar over Oliveira, Siver over cub Swanson and Lamas over jung.

Ludo
06-09-2013, 09:54 PM
Hard to bet against Swanson right now. Dude is on fire. Edgar over Oliveira is going in Ludo's Locks.

SPX
06-09-2013, 10:53 PM
I agree about Swanson. I love Siver but he fights a lot of close fights and Swanson is on a roll.

I'm also not sure about Leben over Craig. Dudes, I am a big Leben fan. I'd love to see him win. But if the lackluster Leben who fought Brunson shows up Craig will probably take it.

edman5555
06-10-2013, 07:44 AM
Leben had a year long layoff for the Brunson fight and he has always done poorly against wrestlers. I didn't see the fight or anything so though. Craigs wrestling is not anything special from what I remember. I figure if Leben looks good at the weigh ins he should be able to beat Craig by forcing a standup fight.

Swanson is good but so is Siver. Swanson has the edge in jiu jitsu but I think Sivers wrestling is good enough to keep it standing. Swanson has definitely knocked some people out standing but he seems to throw a lot of crazy looping punches. I am just basing that on what I saw on the poireir fight. Sivers kickboxing is pretty good. I like Siver at plus odds.

SPX
06-10-2013, 01:28 PM
You didn't see the Leben/Brunson fight? Oh, well you should watch it. Truly terrible performances from both guys, like some real hang your head in shame kind of shit.

As for Siver/Swanson, I have a feeling Silver will be the dog, but not sure how much of one. If shit gets out of control and I can get him at like +170 then I'd take him. But I doubt that will happen and it's too much of a toss up to bet if the odds are closer.

Thewisemann
06-10-2013, 03:17 PM
Siver is +190

SPX
06-10-2013, 05:44 PM
Oh, well shit. I guess I will be betting him after all.

edman5555
06-10-2013, 05:47 PM
Siver was really good at 155. He seems like a beast at 145

SPX
06-10-2013, 05:52 PM
He certainly went into beast mode against Nam Phan. He straight brutalized that motherfucker.

edman5555
06-10-2013, 06:17 PM
I believe poopoo was there live and he saw dennis siver straight up pull his pants down and fuck him in the ass.

edman5555
06-10-2013, 10:17 PM
You didn't see the Leben/Brunson fight? Oh, well you should watch it. Truly terrible performances from both guys, like some real hang your head in shame kind of shit.

As for Siver/Swanson, I have a feeling Silver will be the dog, but not sure how much of one. If shit gets out of control and I can get him at like +170 then I'd take him. But I doubt that will happen and it's too much of a toss up to bet if the odds are closer.

A point about craig. He is tough and has cent jiu jitsu but his record is one hell of a lucky one. He was just sbout knocked out against natal when he landed that hail mary kick. Kyle noke was kicking his ass before he blew his knee out. Ronny markes was his best performance, he showed some good takedown defense. He still lost though, and it was against a super gassed ronnmy markes comng off a one year layoff.

Im not saying leben is great or anything but his record is much better and i see him as a rough fiht for craig unless craig can take him down. Lebens takedown defense is not amazing but pretty decent. His chin power standi g should win him the fight. Craig has some power standing but i dont remember him having great technical ability. He came up in jui jitsu.

Leven stuffed brunson for one round. I assume this based on the score of the fight. That was coming off a one year layoff. Also supposedly he is off he alcohol and drugs. Supposedly is the key word there and its why i think it is prudent to wait until they weigh ins to see how he looks.

edman5555
06-10-2013, 10:29 PM
News- chris leben moved to san diego and is training at alliance training center.

Svino
06-16-2013, 01:36 PM
I am liking Chris Leben over Andrew Craig in this one. Also Mike Pierce over David Mitchell. Edgar over Oliveira, Siver over cub Swanson and Lamas over jung.

I really like Pierce over Mitchell, Edgar over Oliveira, and would bet Siver (at dog odds) over Swanson.

How does Oliveira beat Edgar? I have a hard time seeing him with a way to win here. I just don't think Edgar's going to get caught.

edman5555
06-16-2013, 01:49 PM
I really like Pierce over Mitchell, Edgar over Oliveira, and would bet Siver (at dog odds) over Swanson.

How does Oliveira beat Edgar? I have a hard time seeing him with a way to win here. I just don't think Edgar's going to get caught.

I am glad your in agreement with me. I worry about Edgar because of Olivieras length and disregard for takedowns. He is very open in his standup and does pretty well with it. Frankie's standup is alright but he usually doesn't win rounds with it until 3-5 when his opponent slows down. I also worry about Oliviera's guard. It's not too crazy to think that he could catch a submission on Frankie. I doubt it will happen but it could. I feel like it is an assumption that Frankie's submission defense is amazing. How much time have we really seen him in peoples guards? When he fought BJ penn he didn't spend much time there and Bj was probably exhausted when he did. I know he trains at the Renzo Gracie academy and his willpower is well known. He's also never been submitted. Thats enough to give me a lot of confidence in him but in the back of my mind I am still wondering what Oliviera can pull off. Probably not much but Frankie is a five to one favorite and for me that would probably mean betting five units to win one unit.

On the other hand Frankie by decision is plus 145 right now. That seems pretty good to me. Frankie doesn't seem to go for submissions much and Olivieris sub defense is pretty good. He knocked out Bocek a long time ago and of course he tko'd Gray Maynard. I think Maynard was pretty fatigued at the time. This is a three round fight so Oliviera shouldn't reach that point. He also isn't as heavily muscled as Maynard either so he should be ok there. I am kinda liking this.

Svino
06-16-2013, 01:55 PM
I doubt Edgar will be dumb enough to try to work a takedown / top game against an opponent whose only way to win may be a submission.

I just don't think Oliveira's standup anywhere near the same level as Edgar's or even Maynard's. Maybe you have a point about the reach, though, and I admit I have overrated Edgar's striking a little in the past (really thought he would beat Bendo).

edman5555
06-16-2013, 02:21 PM
Anderson Silva Vs Chris Weidman:

I feel like I am missing something here. Weidman seems like is a very good fighter but this is still Anderson Silva here. The GOAT. Weidman is still green. I know he is a good wrestler and has good submission ability but is that really going to be enough? I think his standup is miles behind Anderson Silvas and that is going to be a major problem for him.

Going through his record:

Weidman vs Sakara: IIRC Weidman took this fight on short notice. He still looked mediocre in it. Sakars takedown defense is nothing special and all he did in this fight was take him down and maintain top control. Sakara tagged him standing during the fight. He beat Sakara 30-27 on all the judges scorecards. Sakaras UFC record is 6-7. One loss coming from DQ punches to the back of Cotes head.

Weidman vs Bongfeldt: He beat this guy impressively. He has a solid record as well. Good win.

Wiedman vs Lawlor: Another good win. Lawlor is not the best fighter though.

Weidman vs Maia: This one is a telling fight. It took place is January of 2012 so it was only 1.5 years ago. Maia was very sick during the fight. I know this for a fact because I watched an interview with him that took place before the fight. He was coughing and sniffling. It's not really debatable. Weidman took the fight on very short notice. Both guys gassed hard. The issue is that Maia was very close to beating him. Weidman had a lot of trouble trying to outstrike him and get inside. Had maia not gassed WORSE than Weidman did he probably would have won the fight.

Weidman vs Munoz: Munoz took this fight with a broken foot. I just read an interview with him where he stated that everytime Weidman shot a double on him he had to take the weight off his broken foot to defend it. Munoz was basically fighting on one foot. It's still a solid win where Weidman showed some impressive standup landing that elbow on munoz and dropping him but it still not really that amazing. He outstrike a shitty striker and took down a great wrestler that was operating with one leg.

Fast forward to Weidman Vs Andserson Silva:

Weidman has been out for an entire year. His standup is nowhere near the level of Andersons. If he can get him on the ground he may be able to submit him. Judging by the clever submissions he has executed on guys like Lawlor and Bongfeldt I imagine he must have this ability however it will obviously be tough to submit Anderson because he is a legitimate black belt in BJJ. I guess it's possible he could tko him with ground and pound but I am not really expecting it. This means that Weidman will probably have to take him down for five rounds straight or knock him out standing. I will be suprised if he can ko him standing as would anyone else be.

Onto him putting a five round wrestling clinic on Anderson. This has happened one time and that was Anderson Vs Chael 1. Andersons rib was broken during this fight. Or bruised. Or whatever. Either way, he did is succesfully.

After that, he couldn't replicate it. Anderson vs Chael 2 saw Chael control him on the ground for one round and then get demolished in round two. This was super Hulk Chael TRT that outwrestled Nate Marquardt, Yushin Okami, Brian Stann and Dan Miller.

In addition to that Anderson manhandled Yushin Okami. Okami did look a little hesitant to pull the trigger but he is a very good grappler in his own right. Probably close to the level of Weidman overall.

Then of course he destoryed Vitor Belfort and Stephan Bonnar in one round each.

Another thing to consider is this: Anderson has had a series of training camps preparing him for wrestlers (Chael 1, Okami, Chael 2) and could very well be improving each time out.

Yet another thing to consider is Chael Sonnens takedowns could be better than Weidmans. If they aren't they aren't a hell of a lot worse.

All in all I think Weidman's perfomances are overrated and overshadowed by his opponents verified injuries and verified illnesses. He's done well outside those victories but up against mid to bottom tier competition. He's been on the shelf for a year and Anderson is the GOAT. I think I will be taking Anderson at -220. I will probably be looking for ITD at plus odds as well.

edman5555
06-16-2013, 02:23 PM
I doubt Edgar will be dumb enough to try to work a takedown / top game against an opponent whose only way to win may be a submission.

I just don't think Oliveira's standup anywhere near the same level as Edgar's or even Maynard's. Maybe you have a point about the reach, though, and I admit I have overrated Edgar's striking a little in the past (really thought he would beat Bendo).

The Bendo fights were close. They could have gone either way like most of Bendos fights. I think Bendo is one of the luckiest champions in UFC history. Melendez could have gotten that decision and Frankie could have gotten either of the decisions. He's a great fighter and I don't consider any of his wins robberies but a lot of other people did. Fighters included.

Vandelay
06-16-2013, 02:26 PM
One thing about the Edgar by decision prop is Oliveira doesnt go to decision often. He seems to be a frontrunner who takes the first possible out when things dont go his way.

Vandelay
06-16-2013, 02:29 PM
And god damn with the excuses again. I highly doubt his foot was actually broken. Munoz has always been overrated with wrestling in MMA. Plus he got fucking wrecked in the standup or was that cause of his foot too?

edman5555
06-16-2013, 02:30 PM
One thing about the Edgar by decision prop is Oliveira doesnt go to decision often. He seems to be a frontrunner who takes the first possible out when things dont go his way.

I dont understand how he takes an out when things don't go the way he wants them too. He tapped to a kneebar from Miller. If he didn't he would have injured his knee. His other two losses are knockouts. What are you talking about? Did he look like he gave up in them?

Vandelay
06-16-2013, 02:38 PM
Tapped to the kneebar the moment Miller grabbed his leg cause he couldnt get the quick sub, Cerrone finished him with a bodyshot, Swanson with a punch to the face. Sub in a tough fighter into these situations and they will probably try to fight through it or at least offer up resistance. I just havent seen him battle through a tough spot. I mean look at all of his wins, he was either dominating or it ended early.

edman5555
06-16-2013, 04:12 PM
I get what your saying. I didn't see the Swanson fight and I only have vague memories of the others. I am still skeptical though. Body shots have stopped more than one guy before, Cerrone is actually one of them. Swanson has knocked out a few guys and kneebars are probably pretty damn painful. You could be right. I'm not saying you aren't.

You could also say the same thing about Stefan Struve though. He doesn't go to decision but I still think he is tough.

Vandelay
06-16-2013, 04:43 PM
Struve takes a ton of punishment before he goes out.

My main thing with Oliveira is that he goes out more easily than most other fighters. The one with swanson was weird cause he didnt appear to be rocked or anything. Just took a punch to the orbital bone and spun down and basically tapped. Cerrones body shot didnt appear to land flush either. Just my opinion on the guy. I think he is supremely talented, just doesnt quite have that mental makeup.

Vandelay
06-16-2013, 04:44 PM
Also, anyone else can chime in on this topic. It's not just edman and I in here.

MMA_scientist
06-17-2013, 10:14 AM
I agree Vand. A lot of young guys that are dominant haven't learned to fight through adversity very well. He was 20 when he first fought in the UFC, and stopped every fight he was in (save 1) prior to that. I give him a pass on the knee bar because it was sunk and his legs are scrawny. I do think he folded a bit in his loss to Cerrone. I didn't see the Swanson fight.

But he might still harden up some. It happens to a lot of young phenoms, and then they get over it. Rory Mac folded up shop when Condit didn't roll over for him. It happens all the time. Even GSP went through it when he said he just couldn't mentally beat Hughes in their first fight.

Thewisemann
06-17-2013, 10:39 AM
I agree. I don't like the props in this fight Edgar can definitely finish this. I feel comfortably laying the juice on Edgar. And Anderson is going down. I goin to vegas to lay some coin on Weidman.

edman5555
06-17-2013, 10:57 AM
I agree. I don't like the props in this fight Edgar can definitely finish this. I feel comfortably laying the juice on Edgar. And Anderson is going down. I goin to vegas to lay some coin on Weidman.

I still think Anderson is going to tko him.

Thewisemann
06-17-2013, 11:01 AM
Of course he can. But I think weidman will ground him f or 5 rds

MMA_scientist
06-17-2013, 11:32 AM
Good luck on that Wisemann.

I don't know that it is a given that Weidman is going to be able to take him down. I like Weidman OK at the current odds, but I definitely have Anderson as the favorite. I won't bet either guy.

edman5555
06-17-2013, 01:18 PM
I might bet Anderson.

edman5555
06-17-2013, 03:39 PM
Anyone think there is a chance Leben could open as a dog to Andrew Craig?

trotterz
06-17-2013, 03:54 PM
Good luck on that Wisemann.

I don't know that it is a given that Weidman is going to be able to take him down. I like Weidman OK at the current odds, but I definitely have Anderson as the favorite. I won't bet either guy.
I really like Weidman, but the 5 rounds scares the crap out of me. You just can't gas agains't Silva

edman5555
06-17-2013, 04:03 PM
Weidman isn't really a gasser generally speaking. He gets that reputation because he takes a lot of fights on short notice. Maia for one. I think Munoz was the second one IIRC. Sakara was short notice as well. I think the thing that could hurt him the most is his layoff.

Thewisemann
06-18-2013, 09:17 AM
I am worried about the layoff

edman5555
06-18-2013, 09:28 AM
I am worried about the layoff

Maybe you shouldnt bet too big. Youve got a lot of other good opportunities on the card.

Thewisemann
06-18-2013, 11:14 AM
Undecided. I have 3u on him right now. Depends on the line in vegas. Probably bet anywhere from 2000 to 5000 depending on how I do on poker.

Thewisemann
06-18-2013, 11:15 AM
I planned on going big on Lamas but that's a no go. Got my eye on Edgar and Swanson too.

edman5555
06-18-2013, 12:03 PM
I just rewatched Weidman vs Munoz and I do have to say that shit was impressive. Broken foot or not. The grappling was insane. The entrance for the takedown was impeccable and that elbow he dropped him with was amazingly timed. Even if he loses to Silva now I could see him pulling it off in the future.

edman5555
06-18-2013, 12:06 PM
I planned on going big on Lamas but that's a no go. Got my eye on Edgar and Swanson too.

I was with ya on Lamas. I thought he would beat a somewhat overrated KZ. I liked him at -160. Very nice. Too bad it didn't work out. I am not sure I'm with you on Swanson though. I'm going to rewatch some of his fights. I wouldn't underestimate Siver. His standup is really good. He is a technical kickboxer. Cub has knocked out a lot of dudes but one problem I have is he loops a lot of power punches. One of them could easily land on Siver and end the fight but Siver could avoid the big bomb for three rounds. Cub's BJJ is probably better than Sivers but I would be surprised if he could consistently get the fight to the ground. Siver has pretty solid TDD. Wiman couldn't take him down and Siver was able to manhandle Nam Phan.

edman5555
06-18-2013, 12:12 PM
Tapped to the kneebar the moment Miller grabbed his leg cause he couldnt get the quick sub, Cerrone finished him with a bodyshot, Swanson with a punch to the face. Sub in a tough fighter into these situations and they will probably try to fight through it or at least offer up resistance. I just havent seen him battle through a tough spot. I mean look at all of his wins, he was either dominating or it ended early.

I just rewatched Swanson vs Oliviera and I know think I get what you are saying. Though I will say that Oliviera got nailed with a liver shot and a hard headshot before he went down.

Thewisemann
06-18-2013, 12:25 PM
Actually I meant to say Siver

edman5555
06-18-2013, 12:29 PM
Ah nice. I like that we are on the same page. I just watched Swanson Vs Oliviera and Swanson vs Ross Pearson and I noticed a few things:

1:) Swanson has really dynamic standup. He threw Capoeria kicks and a lot of fast powerful punched. They were more precise than I remember.

2:) He gets taken down a lot. Pearson took him down three or four times in two rounds. Oliviera took him down in their fight. He did get back to his feet pretty quickly in all cases though.

I think his style could take a lot of energy. He ko'd Pearson while he was running forward with his hands down chasing him. I think Siver is more the fighter to try and stay on the outside and use his kickboxing and shoot in for takedowns. I still see Siver as a bad stylistic matchup for Swanson.

Ludo
06-18-2013, 01:13 PM
Ah nice. I like that we are on the same page. I just watched Swanson Vs Oliviera and Swanson vs Ross Pearson and I noticed a few things:

1:) Swanson has really dynamic standup. He threw Capoeria kicks and a lot of fast powerful punched. They were more precise than I remember.

2:) He gets taken down a lot. Pearson took him down three or four times in two rounds. Oliviera took him down in their fight. He did get back to his feet pretty quickly in all cases though.

I think his style could take a lot of energy. He ko'd Pearson while he was running forward with his hands down chasing him. I think Siver is more the fighter to try and stay on the outside and use his kickboxing and shoot in for takedowns. I still see Siver as a bad stylistic matchup for Swanson.

Not that MMAth means much, but Pearson stayed outside on Siver and picked him apart. Siver probably get's pressured here by Swanson.

edman5555
06-18-2013, 01:17 PM
I thought PEarson pushed him up against the cage.

edman5555
06-18-2013, 01:42 PM
Not that MMAth means much, but Pearson stayed outside on Siver and picked him apart. Siver probably get's pressured here by Swanson.

I just read the play by plays and you are right. Boy was I wrong. For some reason I thought I read a long time ago that Pearson outwrestled him. Maybe I'll lay off this one.

edman5555
06-19-2013, 10:29 AM
Munoz line is looki pretty nice. Im a little worried about the layoff though. Especially considering boetsche does have the skills to win.

MMA_scientist
06-19-2013, 11:14 AM
I like Munoz here. Hopefully he comes to wrestle and not to fight.

edman5555
06-19-2013, 11:41 AM
Hes had a long layoff. I just watched a vid of him saying hes been in the gym for the past six months and he has abs. The thing that worries me is Boetsche has wrestling and decent enough striking. Though I will say Okami man handled Boetsche and Munoz gave Okami a good fight.

edman5555
06-19-2013, 09:30 PM
Anyone like Roger Gracie over Tim Kennedy? Superior reach and superior grappling. Kennedy's striking hasn't seemed to be all that amazing.

Vandelay
06-19-2013, 10:11 PM
Thats a tough one. Gracies striking is pretty underwhelming, but kennedys isnt much better. Kennedy should be able to dictate where fight happens and I think he can nullify Gracie on the ground for short periods of time as long as he is on top.

edman5555
06-19-2013, 10:25 PM
Yeah I was thinking something similar. Ill probably stay away. I am thinking I will stay away from Munoz as well. Clear paths to victory for Boetsche.

So far I like, Barboza over Oliviera, Mike Pierce of Mitchell, Edgar over Oliviera, Leben over Craig, and Anderson Silva over that other guy.

What do you think of Craig vs Leben? Who wins and what do you see as the opening line?

Vandelay
06-19-2013, 11:16 PM
Barboza and Pierce will both have high lines. Pierces last fight gives pause for concern, but mitchell is a grappler so he will lose.

Leben vs Craig...who cares? Leben looked god awful and is legitimately battle worn. Craig is a nobody.

MMA_scientist
06-20-2013, 09:07 AM
Anyone have a link for Kennedy/Jacare?

I like Gracie, but then I don't think Kennedy can nullify him on the ground for more than 30 seconds. That said, Gracie's standup is not great. He does pump the jab though.

edman5555
06-20-2013, 11:32 AM
Barboza and Pierce will both have high lines. Pierces last fight gives pause for concern, but mitchell is a grappler so he will lose.

Leben vs Craig...who cares? Leben looked god awful and is legitimately battle worn. Craig is a nobody.

A couple things about Leben. He had a bad alcohol/drug addiction that from what I have read was badly affecting his training and performance. The Brunson fight was a 14 month layoff BTW. That surely affected his cardio. Brunson also came to wrestle from what I read in the play by plays.

Craig has got lucky in his two ufc wins. Natal was beating his ass and Noke blew his knee out during the fight after kicking his ass for one round. Craig is a decent grappler though and he is really tough. Kinda like Leben.

I know this is going to sound lame and you will think I am dumb for believing it but Leben has been putting out training vids. He is now married and living in San Diego. He claims that he isnt out parting and he is training all day. He is now a member of Alliance training center. A really good gym. No long layoff for him this time. I'm thinking he should come out looking good in this.

Leben was high on oxy cotins during the munoz fight. He shouldn't be high on oxy cotins during this fight.

edman5555
06-20-2013, 11:46 AM
Anyone have a link for Kennedy/Jacare?

I like Gracie, but then I don't think Kennedy can nullify him on the ground for more than 30 seconds. That said, Gracie's standup is not great. He does pump the jab though.

My thing with the stand up is this. Kennedy has not really shown much in that department either. Gracie is six foot four and Kennedy is listed as five foot eleven. Gracies arms also looked to be very long. He has a real skinny build. That is an advantage. I don't know if its enough of an advantage though. All of Kennedy's knockouts are in regional promotions. Since he made it to strikeforce he has been winning by outwrestling and outgrappling all of his opponents. I am guessing he has no chance with Gracie on the ground.

I'll wait to see Gracies odds. If I can get him at +130 or more I will go a unit, maybe a unit and a half on it. Gracie is the better grappler. He lacks the experience though.

edman5555
06-21-2013, 10:23 PM
I changed my mind on siver. Swanson is just too crazy standing. He could easily catch siver and knock him out. He looked great in his recent fights.

I thought about taking oliviera over frankie with 3.5 points but i am pretty certain he cant stop frankie from taking him down and frankies submission defense is probably pretty solid. Standing, oliviera can win for sure.

I will probably take roger gracie with points and chris leben with points if i can get him. Im not sure who will be the dog in that fight. I think it should be craig but leben hasnt looked great in a while so who knows.

Thewisemann
06-21-2013, 10:51 PM
Leben will be favored.

edman5555
06-21-2013, 11:16 PM
Yeah your right. He will open as the favorite. He could end up the dog at some point. I wonder if 5 dimes will offer points on him or gracie if they are the dog.

My theory on the gracie fight is this. Gracie could sub kennedy. Knndy cant sub gracie. Either one could land a flukey knock out blow but they probably wont. Gracie is going to have a huge reach advantage a la the kevin randleman fight. There is a good chance gracie can outpoint kenndy standing or dominate one round on the ground. He could lose the fight 29 28 but i am banking on him winning at least one round.

H opened as the fav. Kennedy is now the favorite. 5dimes will end up giving one of the 3.5 points most likely. I am just hoping they give it to gracie. They should. If they do, thats a real good bet. Same thing goes for leben. If somehow he ends up the dog. Ill take him with points. He should def be able to win a round and shouldnt get stopped.

edman5555
06-21-2013, 11:17 PM
I am looking forward to this card. I think i can make a lot of money. I hope at least.

edman5555
06-21-2013, 11:17 PM
Im thinking about playing this 3.5 points thing a lot more. It could be really useful.

edman5555
06-23-2013, 09:16 AM
Im thinking about playing this 3.5 points thing a lot more. It could be really useful.

I think the plus 3.5 points could work great on roger gracie. If roger camt submit kennedy there is a reasonable chance he can either outstrike him with his reach for one round or manage to get ahold of tim and use his grappling to get dominant position for one round.

What do you guys think? Can roger outstrike tim? He is about five inches on him.

Thewisemann
06-23-2013, 10:20 AM
Gracie +3.5 is probably a winner, but I expect it to be -200 or better.

edman5555
06-23-2013, 12:48 PM
Yeah me too. I need to watch some tape on Kennedy. He is a very good wrestler so I have to wonder if Gracie is going to be able to get him down. I could see Kennedy stuffing him for three rounds. I just think its reasonable to think that at some point gracie can get a takedown of some kind. If he can do that and control him on the ground for a minute or two before he gets to his feet he can probably get the round. The standup could go either way IMO. Again I need to watch some tape. My thing is this, Kennedy's arms have gotta be way shorter than Gracie. Gracie can use kicks too because he could care less if Kennedy takes him down.

edman5555
06-23-2013, 12:48 PM
Kennedy's strategy is going to have to be out striking Gracie....isn't it?

Watching a vid now. Strikeforce has Kennedy's heigh as 5 foot ten and one half inches. His reach is listed as 74 inches. They have Roger listed as 6 foot 4 and a half inches with a 74 inch reach. So six inch difference in height but the same reach.

poopoo333
06-23-2013, 12:55 PM
I'll be on Andrew Craig as an underdog.

edman5555
06-23-2013, 12:57 PM
I'll be on Andrew Craig as an underdog.

Why do you like him better?

poopoo333
06-23-2013, 03:58 PM
Tough, scrappy, can mix things up well.

Leben=going downhill, predictable, probably not sober etc.

edman5555
06-23-2013, 04:11 PM
I understand. I watched lebens blogs and think he will be sober for the fight. Maybe i am naive. Ypur right about him being predictable. He has never really been that great. Hes had a couple of decent performances within the past couple of years but you could be right.

I guess where i would deviate is leben could end up looking better in this fight than he has in some time if he has cleaned himself up and craig is decent but not really a very good fighter. He is tough and scrappy. Im not sure he is more skilled than leben though. I will probably only take leben if i can get him with points. Thats the only way i feel confident.

Im still debating taking roger with points. Tim kennedy is a good fighter and roger is still green. If i knew he was going to come out and use his range and try to kickbox a little bit i would bet him. I dont think kennedy can knock him out on th feet very easily.

edman5555
06-23-2013, 04:20 PM
Leben cut 21 pounds in 24 hours for mark munoz. http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news?slug=ycn-10380599

Leben was sick and vomiting before his fight with brian stann.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/561177-chris-lebens-coach-blames-illness-for-lebens-loss-to-brian-stann-at-ufc-125

Brunson was a 14 month layoff. I know i am the king of making excuses for fighters but there could be value in Lebens line because he has looked like shit for so long. If he is being professional now he could be the rightful favorite.

edman5555
06-23-2013, 04:33 PM
Leben talking about his training camp. He sounds pretty good.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?feature=relmfu&v=MWtmzD6_ezk

edman5555
06-23-2013, 08:49 PM
Poopoo, you have a take on roger gracie and tim kennedy?

poopoo333
06-23-2013, 09:15 PM
No, I really don't. If I had to bet it would be Kennedy though. I don't have a good read on either of the guys.

edman5555
06-23-2013, 09:33 PM
Im tinkering with the idea of taking roger with points. He should have six inches of height on kennedy. I do think kennedy is more well rounded but wrestling and submissions are the main part of his game and they will be hard to implement here.

Vandelay
06-23-2013, 10:42 PM
I lean towards weidman against silva. His grappling is pretty damn good. Takedowns are well timed and he has multiple ways to get the fight to the ground via double legs, single legs, trips, etc. His one weakness regarding wrestling seems to be taking down opponents against the cage. He can do it, but he isnt as good compared to being away from the fence. Striking is good, not great. Clinch game is good, not great. Has shown a good chin, ability to fight through fatigue and a great ability to scramble. Control on the ground seems to be secondary to fishing for submissions, but Anderson doesnt really attempt to get up once taken down either. Bottom line for me is whether or not Weidman can consistently get Anderson to the ground and I believe he can.

poopoo333
06-23-2013, 10:44 PM
I'll be on Weidman. I wonder where the line will end up?

Vandelay
06-23-2013, 10:49 PM
After going through his UFC fights here are my quick observations.

Sakara - First UFC fight. Striking is average at best. Takedowns telegraphed. Struggled early taking down Sakara which was partially due to not setting up shots and being forced to take down Sakara against the cage. Another note in this fight was how Weidman struggled taking down a patient fighter. In most of his other fights the opponent was always walking forward which is something Silva doesnt do much of.

Bongfeldt - Couldnt find video but I recall him taking a flush high kick and walking right through it.

Lawlor - Good takedown and quick sub via darce i belive.

Maia - striking is evolving, unafraid of grappling with maia, showed good striking defense, had maia scouted well.

Munoz - Complete domination. Took Munoz down whenever he wanted. Great timing in both striking and wrestling. Controlled Munoz well on the ground and threatened with chokes. Good defensive striking again.

edman5555
06-24-2013, 12:47 AM
Munoz had a broken foot.

edman5555
06-24-2013, 02:41 AM
I posted a poll on sbr. The poll asked who people think will win the fight between leben and craig. I voted for leben. It was the only vote he got. Five other people voted for craig. Maybe i will be able to get leben as the dog..

Thewisemann
06-24-2013, 09:05 AM
Weidman took the Sakara fight on short notice.

Mr. IWS
06-24-2013, 11:14 AM
I'll be on Weidman. I wonder where the line will end up?

hopefully unconscious

edman5555
06-24-2013, 04:15 PM
Its a good question. I think it will probably stay around where it is. It could move a little. It seems like a lot of people are high on weidman but its still anderson so i would expect money to come in on him. I guess the casual bettors will be coming in towards the end. Im not really sure where that money will go. Probably both ways.

poopoo333
06-27-2013, 10:30 PM
It is probably not gonna happen but Edgar to sub Oliveira is +1520

edman5555
06-27-2013, 11:00 PM
Holy fucking shit. A post. Holler.

I doubt it happens but it is a good payout considering how likely it is frankie wins.

edman5555
06-27-2013, 11:02 PM
Weidman took the Sakara fight on short notice.

He also had a broken rib.

edman5555
06-27-2013, 11:02 PM
Anyone see siver losing?

Thewisemann
06-28-2013, 11:24 PM
It is probably not gonna happen but Edgar to sub Oliveira is +1520

I bet that a few days ago

poopoo333
06-29-2013, 03:21 PM
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/6/29/4477740/ufc-162-twitter-mark-munoz-obese-to-beast-weight-loss-pics

edman5555
06-29-2013, 05:30 PM
Lol i was just coming to post this and i saw you posted it already. The guy looks good. He was fucking fat before.

Thewisemann
06-29-2013, 06:41 PM
Anyone know of a good sportsbook in vegas

edman5555
06-29-2013, 07:39 PM
Munoz also had an injured elbow for the weidman fight. Another knock sgainst weidmans performance.

Luke
06-29-2013, 10:03 PM
Anyone know of a good sportsbook in vegas

To watch or bet?

Edit: just got to Lagasse's Stadium at the Venetian for both

Thewisemann
06-30-2013, 03:30 PM
Ok thanks. Ill be playing poker there anyway so that's perfect

edman5555
06-30-2013, 03:31 PM

Good luck.

MMA_scientist
07-01-2013, 09:14 AM
Edit: just got to Lagasse's Stadium at the Venetian for both

+1 except Lagasse's is at the Palazzo.

Double super secret sports book ftw.

poopoo333
07-01-2013, 03:52 PM
http://www.bestfightodds.com/events/661.png (http://www.bestfightodds.com)

MMA_scientist
07-01-2013, 04:28 PM
definitely going to bet Roger and Munoz

Luke
07-01-2013, 11:20 PM
+1 except Lagasse's is at the Palazzo.

Double super secret sports book ftw.

Whoops, sorry. He's right , wiseman. I always get those two confused because they are side by side

Thewisemann
07-01-2013, 11:49 PM
Thanks guys.

poopoo333
07-02-2013, 12:11 AM
Thanks guys.

You're welcome.

edman5555
07-02-2013, 09:25 AM

Why do you feel so confident in them both?

Thewisemann
07-02-2013, 09:53 AM
I may bet Roger.

MMA_scientist
07-02-2013, 10:09 AM
Why do you feel so confident in them both?

I'm not super confident in either of them.

I think Munoz is just a better fighter than Boetch and had a bad showing against Weidman which is making him cheap here. I still believe Munoz is an elite fighter but is just a bit inconsistent. i really don't think Boetch is that good of a striker, his wrestling is not as good as Munoz. It will probably be a kickboxing match, and I think Munoz will win and maybe throw in a couple takedowns for good measure. I just think Munoz is faster and a little bit better. They are both big and powerful, but I think Munoz will get it done. I do think it will be close if it goes to decision.

There is almost no chance that Kennedy can finish Roger here, and I think Roger may be able to pump his jab enough to get Kennedy frustrated enough to wade in for a takedown. Once that happens, it will be all Roger. Kennedy could win scoring takedowns and then not going down or possibly his striking is better than Roger's. Roger is really tall for 185 though, and Kennedy is not real fast to close the distance and land. I think Roger has him beat standing and on the ground. He may even be able to take Kennedy down. If Roger ends up on top of Kennedy, Kennedy is toast. Basically Roger could win a decision or win by submission. Neither man is going to score a KO. Kennedy could win a decision with a good enough gameplan. Roger is + Odds, so I will bet it.

poopoo333
07-02-2013, 11:45 AM
A sample of Mark Munoz TD numbers: 0-4 against Hamill, 2-12 against Catone, 1-8 against Grove, and 1-15 (!) against Okami.

edman5555
07-02-2013, 01:35 PM
Damn those are shitty takedown stats. He does look good for this fight though.

Luke
07-02-2013, 01:43 PM
A sample of Mark Munoz TD numbers: 0-4 against Hamill, 2-12 against Catone, 1-8 against Grove, and 1-15 (!) against Okami.

He got Maia down several times. Thats no easy task

Luke
07-02-2013, 01:44 PM

I like both of them also. I was shocked when they both opened as PK's . I would have put Gracie at -175 and Munoz around -200

edman5555
07-02-2013, 02:17 PM
Leben was up to +155. I would have hit that for a unit. Now he is +115. I am hoping to get him +3.5 points.

Thewisemann
07-04-2013, 02:41 PM
Weidman is +230 @ mgm. No lines out yet anywhere I've been. Should I wait??

poopoo333
07-04-2013, 04:18 PM
I asked Kalikas and he said he has no idea on Weidman line movement. He says he can see it getting to +300 but at the same time he can see sharps making the line worse on Weidman on fight day.

Thewisemann
07-04-2013, 04:52 PM
Yea I have no clue. I can see a lot of people betting Anderson. I may wait. Just debating on how much to bet. I only worry about Weidmans conditioning due to the layoff. Prolly gonna bet 3000. I seen Erick Silva and Gonzaga yesterday. Gonzaga isn't as big as I yhought

poopoo333
07-04-2013, 05:59 PM
Are you going to the fight live? Or watching from the books?

edman5555
07-04-2013, 06:07 PM
Yea I have no clue. I can see a lot of people betting Anderson. I may wait. Just debating on how much to bet. I only worry about Weidmans conditioning due to the layoff. Prolly gonna bet 3000. I seen Erick Silva and Gonzaga yesterday. Gonzaga isn't as big as I yhought

Thats a big play man. The goat. Seems risky to me. I wish you luck but think your taking too big of a risk.

Do they allow parlays there?

Luke
07-04-2013, 06:25 PM
I think you all should just save your money cause Weidman isnt winning

Thewisemann
07-04-2013, 06:34 PM
Watching it live. Idk if they allow parlays. I would assume they do.

Thewisemann
07-04-2013, 06:36 PM
And Weidman is winning. I'm only worried about him gassing and maybe getting stopped late in the fight.

Luke
07-04-2013, 07:00 PM
And Weidman is winning. I'm only worried about him gassing and maybe getting stopped late in the fight.

Weidman's striking blows. He just about got outstruck by Maia. He gets wayyyyyyyyyyy too much credit for his striking for landing one elbow against Munoz. Weidman's shot is also worse than Sonnen's . If Sonnen couldnt get Silva down after rd 1 there's zero chance Weidman will. His ONLY chance is to get Silva down in rd 1 and sub him. After that, hes toast.

Thewisemann
07-04-2013, 07:08 PM
Sonnen missed a few takedown attempts in rd 2 then threw the fight away by trying a spinning backfist and falling. He may or may not been able to get another takedown on Silva if he wouldn't had done that dumbass shit.

Vandelay
07-04-2013, 07:10 PM
Wiseman these guys are clowns. Weidman absolutely can and I believe he will beat Silva. Not a chance in hell Silva subs weidman from his back and Weidman will put him there. Good probability he subs Silva if he gets him down in multiple rounds.

Thewisemann
07-04-2013, 07:46 PM
Yea Weidman is taking the belt sat.

edman5555
07-04-2013, 07:51 PM
What if silva catches him standing?

poopoo333
07-04-2013, 08:00 PM
YEAH LUKE, YOU HAVE AN OPINION SO YOU ARE A FUCKING CLOWN!

poopoo333
07-04-2013, 08:05 PM
I will be betting Weidman but don't think it's a sure thing. I just think he is a legit threat to Silva as a lot of other people do.

I can see this fight going one of three ways:

1. Weidman is able to work his game and go through some adversity and get a hard fought win.

2. Weidman succeeds early with his game but after 2.5 rounds or so he will start to slow down and Silva will be able to turn it up and stuff some TDs by being the fresher fighter.

3. Weidman gets caught early by some crazy flash strike and we are robbed of seeing an actual fight.

As for Weidman/Sonnen comparisons...I think Weidman is technically better than Sonnen, but not as powerful and aggressive which was part of why Sonnen was able to get the fight to the ground. However, Weidman isn't stupid. He knows he is going to have to go forward and not be passive. Sonnen was stuffed in round 2 against Silva a few times before doing that stupid ass spinning backfist. I think if Weidman had Silva against the cage like Sonnen did, he would have been able to get the fight down in my opinion.

Gonna bet and root for Weidman but I am not super confident because you know...it IS Anderson Silva.

Can't wait for this fight

edman5555
07-04-2013, 08:13 PM
I am thinking about betting silva. I am pissed all the lines went to shit on pierce, edson and frankie. Fucking -700 on pierce. I thought i could get -400 or so. Pissed. Also theres no p,us 3.5 points on leben. I was really hoping for that. I a, super confident leben can win a round.

Thewisemann
07-04-2013, 08:34 PM
I give Weidman about 70% chance to win.

edman5555
07-04-2013, 11:43 PM
Wow. I feel like I am missing something serious here.

MMA_scientist
07-05-2013, 09:43 AM
Weidman could win, but no goddamned way is he the favorite.

edman5555
07-05-2013, 10:38 AM
http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/7/5/4493884/pros-predict-ufc-162-anderson-silva-vs-chris-weidman

Pros pick. Almost unanimous Anderson support.

MMA_scientist
07-05-2013, 11:28 AM
^^ lol at Rampage. I don't believe that he doesn't know who Weidman is for 1 second.

Vandelay
07-05-2013, 11:34 AM
Rampage Jackson: "I don't even know Chris Weidman. I don't watch MMA that much, so I'm sorry. I don't even know who he is."

Fuckin jackass.

And pp, Weidman struggles with takedowns against the fence whereas Silva excels at stuffing along the cage. When he is taken down it is generally in the open mat/space.

Vandelay
07-05-2013, 11:38 AM
Cool Frank Shamrock said the same shit. Franks a damn commentator and claims to not know the number two guy in a division as big as Middleweight?

Svino
07-05-2013, 12:31 PM
At first I was thinking Weidman's takedowns weren't as good as Chael's, but having gone back and watched more footage, I no longer think that's the case. He might even be better in that department. I'm not sure he has the ability and the staying power to keep top-control on Silva for five rounds, though. Of course, Weidman is probably more likely to get a stoppage, so maybe the Sonnen comparison just isn't that useful.

Throwing out what I just said above, even if we look at Silva's seven rounds with Sonnen and conclude that for any given round he is 6/7th's likely to spend it on his back and 1/7th likely to get a KO (and ignore his submission), he still ends up being about 54% likely (-120 or so) to win a 5-round fight under those conditions.

poopoo333
07-05-2013, 12:49 PM
Siver +3.5 @-130 is a great bet imo

edman5555
07-05-2013, 12:50 PM
Siver +3.5 @-130 is a great bet imo

I just worry that Swanson will find the knock out. He is pretty dangerous on the feet. Siver is good as well but still...

Thewisemann
07-05-2013, 01:00 PM
I agree its a great bet

edman5555
07-05-2013, 01:02 PM
I feel like I should hit Siver. I took him by Decision for half a unit but I am still a little bit worried. Watching what Cub did to Ross Pearson makes me nervous. Though Pearson did come out and say he was weakened by the weight cut and couldn't fight as well. Tough call.

poopoo333
07-05-2013, 02:20 PM
I didn't know Charles Oliveira tore his ACL in the fucking warm up room RIGHT before the Swanson fight.

Vandelay
07-05-2013, 02:25 PM
Neither did I. Edman usually provides that info. What the hell Ed?

Svino
07-05-2013, 02:29 PM
Siver has been looking great lately at FW. At +200, I think the line is almost nuts.

Vandelay
07-05-2013, 02:29 PM
Where did you see that pp?

poopoo333
07-05-2013, 02:43 PM
Where did you see that pp?

Heard it on some podcast

Svino
07-05-2013, 03:00 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zRHryUIMmA

Vandelay
07-05-2013, 03:09 PM
Wtf is that? made it like 20 seconds.

Svino
07-05-2013, 03:20 PM
Wtf is that? made it like 20 seconds.

A crazy Taiwanese studio that makes bizarre animations of the news.

Luke
07-05-2013, 03:49 PM
YEAH LUKE, YOU HAVE AN OPINION SO YOU ARE A FUCKING CLOWN!

I know. Posts like his are the reason I rarely post on here anymore.

Thewisemann
07-05-2013, 04:27 PM
I hope I don't end up regretting my Edgar bet.

edman5555
07-05-2013, 05:54 PM
I had some reservations about my frankie bet but I think he can probably take oliviera down. He's not the plodding nik lentz, he is fast. He should be able to take oliv down.

Thewisemann
07-05-2013, 06:27 PM
Yea idk if he wants to.

Svino
07-05-2013, 07:15 PM
I had some reservations about my frankie bet but I think he can probably take oliviera down. He's not the plodding nik lentz, he is fast. He should be able to take oliv down.

I think that would be a very bad idea.

Thewisemann
07-05-2013, 07:58 PM
Edgar is gonna wanna keep this fight up.

MMA_scientist
07-05-2013, 09:04 PM
I don't think Edgar will be worried about grappling, he took BJ Penn down. I am sure he will mix it up.

Svino
07-05-2013, 09:36 PM
I just think he'll have Oliveira outclassed so badly on the feet that there won't be any need to take the risk.

poopoo333
07-05-2013, 10:54 PM
Top-five pay-per-view draw and middleweight champ Anderson Silva (http://www.mmajunkie.com/fighters/anderson-silva) (33-4 MMA, 16-0 UFC), who recently inked a new 10-fight contract with the UFC, will bank a guaranteed $600,000 for fighting challenger Chris Weidman (http://www.mmajunkie.com/fighters/chris-weidman) (9-0 MMA, 5-0 UFC), according to figures from the Nevada State Athletic Commission.

Silva, 38, stands to earn an additional $200,000 by defending his title an 11th time, which would add to his UFC record. The 29-year-old Weidman, meanwhile, is guaranteed $24,000 and an additional $24,000 if he makes history by taking the belt.

edman5555
07-05-2013, 11:45 PM
Plus PPV percentage for Silva.

poopoo333
07-06-2013, 01:00 AM
http://educ8ddegener8.mysbrforum.com/photos/l/94Vwtu7S.jpg

zY|
07-06-2013, 09:53 AM
^^LOL

poopoo333
07-06-2013, 10:06 AM
Edman, Leben +3.5 is -260.

edman5555
07-06-2013, 10:36 AM
I know. I hit it at -215 all the way up to -260. Thanks for the heads up. Leben looked great at weigh ins.

Svino
07-06-2013, 12:42 PM
I have to say, watching Kennedy vs. Jacare again didn't make me optimistic for Gracie's chances tonight. I might bet the distance prop though.

edman5555
07-06-2013, 01:10 PM
I think kennedy wins 29-28, 29-28 and 30-27

Svino
07-06-2013, 06:56 PM
Silva down to -190 on some books. Interesting.

Svino
07-06-2013, 08:06 PM
http://firstrowus.eu/watch/194381/1/watch-ufc-162-:-preliminaries.html

Thewisemann
07-07-2013, 01:23 AM
Yes!!!!!!

poopoo333
07-07-2013, 04:15 AM
I put an extra $300 on Weidman before the fight at +210. I had a great night thanks to Weidman. Besides that fight...boooo.

Mr. IWS
07-07-2013, 09:39 AM
I was counting my money when Anderson was fuckin around, I thought it was just a matter of time at that point. Fuckin dick bag!

poopoo333
07-07-2013, 11:10 AM
I just watched the fight again. After they were off the ground, Silva landed 2 jabs and 7 leg kicks. Everything else was avoided or blocked. I honestly think age has caught up to Anderson..he can't rely on his reflexes anymore. Weidman's punches were pretty slow and Silva was eating them (and not on purpose) while he was doing his usual "clowning" shit in the cage.

Thewisemann
07-07-2013, 12:19 PM
I ended up putting 3000@+215. Went back to put another 1000 but the line dropped to180 so I didn't.

poopoo333
07-07-2013, 12:30 PM
I had a total of $800 to win $1635 (I think it was that) by fight time. I should have went through with the whole $1k I was talking about.

edman5555
07-07-2013, 01:28 PM
I ended up putting 3000@+215. Went back to put another 1000 but the line dropped to180 so I didn't.

Proved me pretty wrong. Good job. I can't believe it. I am about to watch it now.

edman5555
07-07-2013, 01:38 PM
After watching that fight I come to the conclusion that Anderson could have won that fight if he acted a little more professionally. He was doing well when he was trying. I'll be on Anderson in the rematch.

zY|
07-07-2013, 03:07 PM
So that was pretty wild.

Mr. IWS
07-07-2013, 03:11 PM
After watching that fight I come to the conclusion that Anderson could have won that fight if he acted a little more professionally. He was doing well when he was trying. I'll be on Anderson in the rematch.

He acted like a dick head and got the dick. I do agree, I think He would have one if he wouldnt have been fucking around, but Im not putting anything on that guy anymore.

Thewisemann
07-07-2013, 03:29 PM
Yea, i agree Silva coulda won that fight. I need to rewatch it when I get home, but I think ring rust was affecting Weidman. That said Weidman will run him over in the rematch.

edman5555
07-07-2013, 03:36 PM
I think the rematch will be closer unless weidman can get the stoppage on the ground early on. I think vitor belfort could beat weidman. Callin it now. Watch it happen.

poopoo333
07-07-2013, 06:48 PM
Why do people think Weidman was getting tooled after the leg lock attempt? Weidman was landing, even when Silva WASN'T taunting. People are acting like Silva was beating Weidman's ass while doing his stupid ass clowning shit. He landed 7 leg kicks and 2 jabs. Everything else was blocked/arm strike/avoided.

poopoo333
07-07-2013, 07:16 PM
http://mmavalor.com/2013/07/07/mma-betting-futures-new-ufc-middleweight-champion-chris-weidman/

This guy is fucking stupid.

edman5555
07-07-2013, 07:58 PM
I dont think that guy is stupid. I think vitor and rashad would give weidman a lot of trouble. After watching the fight i think he lucked out. I could be wrong.

Luke
07-07-2013, 08:38 PM
Why do people think Weidman was getting tooled after the leg lock attempt? Weidman was landing, even when Silva WASN'T taunting. People are acting like Silva was beating Weidman's ass while doing his stupid ass clowning shit. He landed 7 leg kicks and 2 jabs. Everything else was blocked/arm strike/avoided.

I dont think he was getting tooled , but he was already getting stuffed at the beginning of rd 2 which was his whole game plan. I think if Silva wouldnt have acted like a tool he would have ended up TKOing Weidman on their feet......but I'm just a clown

edman5555
07-07-2013, 09:20 PM
I dont think he was getting tooled , but he was already getting stuffed at the beginning of rd 2 which was his whole game plan. I think if Silva wouldnt have acted like a tool he would have ended up TKOing Weidman on their feet......but I'm just a clown

I felt the exact same way. Granted, silva does that a lot. Forrest griffin, stephan bonnar, he taunted maia. Sometimes he doesnt do it, sometimes he does. People have been sayi he does it as a tactic to try to get in his opponents heads.

The reason i sided with vitor is because weidman couldnt get silva down in round two snd i think vitor is much harder to take down that anderson. He is comparable reflexes but much more brute strength. Anderson is kind of skinny. Vitor is also a solid grappler in his own right, he won a bronze medal in adcc, granted it was ten years ago.

Rashad would be hard for him to takedown ad standing he could have trouble.

Svino
07-07-2013, 09:21 PM
http://mmavalor.com/2013/07/07/mma-betting-futures-new-ufc-middleweight-champion-chris-weidman/

This guy is fucking stupid.

I think you guys know how much of a Vitor fan I am, but if he fights Weidman, I'd personally set the line around -600 for Weidman. It's the classic example of a "puncher's chance".

Luke
07-07-2013, 09:43 PM
I felt the exact same way. Granted, silva does that a lot. Forrest griffin, stephan bonnar, he taunted maia. Sometimes he doesnt do it, sometimes he does. People have been sayi he does it as a tactic to try to get in his opponents heads.

The reason i sided with vitor is because weidman couldnt get silva down in round two snd i think vitor is much harder to take down that anderson. He is comparable reflexes but much more brute strength. Anderson is kind of skinny. Vitor is also a solid grappler in his own right, he won a bronze medal in adcc, granted it was ten years ago.

Rashad would be hard for him to takedown ad standing he could have trouble.

First thing I told X after the fight was Vitor could beat Weidman. Now Evans, Im not so sure .

edman5555
07-07-2013, 10:12 PM
First thing I told X after the fight was Vitor could beat Weidman. Now Evans, Im not so sure .

Yeah im less confident in evans. Its funny that you said that, i thoughht about vitor right after the fight too. The x factor mint be weidman coming out of this super confident and a better fighter.

poopoo333
07-07-2013, 10:20 PM
I just want to see the rematch. If anything I think Weidman deserves the rematch..he has to be champ with everybody doubting him because of how the fight went down.

As for Vitor/Weidman, I would favor Weidman but not -600 like Svino said. But maybe my opinion is skewed because of how fucking crazy he has looked the past couple of fights. I think we will see Belfort/Mousasi next.

poopoo333
07-07-2013, 10:21 PM
BOL
http://www.ufc.com/rankings

Check the MW division

edman5555
07-07-2013, 10:22 PM
Belfort mousasi would make a lot of sense and be a good fight. Vitor is technically 4-0 at middleweight since his loss to anderson. I wouldnt be suprised to see him getting a title shot soon. Anderson claimed he wanted some time off after this fight. Maybe they will throw together vitor - weidman. Tht would be cool. I would bet vitor pretty hard.

edman5555
07-07-2013, 10:25 PM
BOL

Check the MW division

Lol i read about that shit before. On a sidenote, i dont think costs philipou should be ranked higher than luke rockhold and chael sonnen.

Svino
07-07-2013, 11:04 PM
BOL

Check the MW division

What. The. Actual. Fuck.

Thewisemann
07-07-2013, 11:15 PM
Weidman had ring rust. Evans would be an interesting matchup. Weidman will smash Vitor, and I'm a huge Vitor fan. Pete Sell was fucking hammered at rehab today, hilarious. Met Shields and Cole Miller today.

Luke
07-07-2013, 11:26 PM
BOL

Check the MW division

Interim champ? The fuk?

Svino
07-07-2013, 11:29 PM
I just want to see the rematch. If anything I think Weidman deserves the rematch..he has to be champ with everybody doubting him because of how the fight went down.

As for Vitor/Weidman, I would favor Weidman but not -600 like Svino said. But maybe my opinion is skewed because of how fucking crazy he has looked the past couple of fights. I think we will see Belfort/Mousasi next.

The thing about Weidman / Silva is that I do have to agree that the KO was "lucky" (as most one-punch KO's have an element of luck) and probably wouldn't happen again. However, Weidman did win round 1 decisively IMO -- if he wins a rematch, I think it will be more of that.

Of Silva / Evans / Belfort, Rashad might be the toughest fight for Weidman. He would have the best chance of being able to resist Weidman's wrestling while outpointing him on the feet.

I would love to see Belfort / Mousasi. That's the kind of fight that would be a great matchup for him just like Rockhold and Bisping. Mousasi could make it close, but I definitely like Vitor there.

My read on Vitor is that people tend to underestimate his striking and his cardio, but forget about how bad his defensive wrestling is. For a fighter of his level, not only is his TDD weak, but he tends to play defense off his back once he is there instead of getting back to his feet. Sure, he stuffed a couple of weaksauce takedowns from Rockhold and Bisping, but that is nothing compared to what he would face from a good wrestler with a plan to go for a grappling win. He has historically lost to wrestlers; even Rumble took him down easily a couple of times before gassing out too badly to be able to do it anymore. Vitor has so much trouble with TDD that against a good wrestler, if he gets in a bad standing position, he will often just pull guard, essentially giving up on the idea of defending the takedown. (figuring that since he is going to go down anyway, he might as well do it on his terms). He did this several times against Jones, and at least once vs. Hendo. I think a fight against Weidman would be like GSP vs. Nick Diaz, if GSP also had massive finishing power.

edman5555
07-07-2013, 11:37 PM
Hmm i remember him pulling guard against jones but i also remember him stuffing a few takedowns.

Thewisemann
07-07-2013, 11:38 PM
Agree 100% with all Svino just said

Thewisemann
07-07-2013, 11:49 PM
Vitor can win. I would love it. But prolly not.

Svino
07-07-2013, 11:52 PM
Hmm i remember him pulling guard against jones but i also remember him stuffing a few takedowns.

Against Jones? No, I don't think so.

Thewisemann
07-08-2013, 12:08 AM
Holy shit I have no voice left from chanting USA all night

Luke
07-08-2013, 12:45 AM
Silva -150 in a rematch

Luke
07-08-2013, 02:29 AM
This wont help the UFC's image:

Anderson Silva predicts Weidman win & not wanting rematch BEFORE fight at 5 min mark

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDWJEWVhANg&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Ludo
07-08-2013, 03:49 AM
Those rankings were posted June 17th.

Svino
07-08-2013, 09:10 AM
Those rankings were posted June 17th.

Wouldn't that make it even weirder?

Mr. IWS
07-08-2013, 10:09 AM
Chris Weidman (Keeping the belt warm for next opponent) (http://www.ufc.com/fighter/Chris-Weidman)

Ludo
07-08-2013, 02:24 PM
Wouldn't that make it even weirder?

Sort of. I'm not sure where they got all this interim stuff from. I know Weidman/Munoz wasn't an interim title fight due to Anderson being steadily available to defend the strap.

Mr. IWS
07-08-2013, 02:35 PM

I think its was more like. Weidman couldnt hold him down after the first TD, tried again and couldnt get him down. Warm up the guy in the shark suit, shit is bout to be over.

After the first round When Silva was stomping around after the bell, it was like "Is this all this guy has?!" Silva turned on matrix mode and started trolling because there was NO FUCKIN WAY Weidman was gonna knock Silva out standing. (wot?) It was just a matter of time at that point until Silva decided to end it with a KO. So even if Weidman landed a few punches, nobody in their right mind thought that He had an advantage on the feet, whether statistically He did or not.

At least thats my feeling on it. Im bitter though so fuck you all.

poopoo333
07-08-2013, 02:58 PM
Dana wants Silva-Weidman 2 at UFC 168 (http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/7/8/4504530/dana-white-targeting-anderson-silva-vs-chris-weidman-rematch-for-ufc)

poopoo333
07-08-2013, 02:59 PM
omg so..

Judge Marcos Rosales scored R1 of Silva/Weidman for Anderson.

Mr. IWS
07-08-2013, 03:19 PM
^^^^^^^lol!

poopoo333
07-08-2013, 04:50 PM
Leben granted TUE for painkiller substitute (http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/7/8/4504964/ufc-162-chris-leben-gets-tue-for-opiod-suboxone)

Vandelay
07-08-2013, 09:17 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/1069323_10151727957691203_1815015438_n.jpg

Might be time for a new AV.

Vandelay
07-08-2013, 09:59 PM
and thoughts on the main event - Weidman basically dominated the fight. Took him down in rd 1 and landed some nasty ground and pound. along with the close sub attempt. Held his own on the feet.
http://101.imagebam.com/download/pcc8Lc6n4UcfbLUFTVmlxA/26456/264559402/weidmansilvagnp.gif

Rd 2 - Silva continued to fight hands down to help aid his tdd and also bait weidman into attacking so that Anderson could counter. Weidman's td's were stuffed easily in this round but he also was easily outstriking Silva. The finishing combo was just perfectly timed. Silva had nothing to absorb the blow with. Didnt roll with punch, didn't see it coming, feet werent under him to dissipate the impact through his body (neck/shoulders).

I encourage reading this
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1695987-ufc-162-how-chris-weidman-killed-the-king

Luke
07-08-2013, 10:40 PM
Leben granted TUE for painkiller substitute (http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/7/8/4504964/ufc-162-chris-leben-gets-tue-for-opiod-suboxone)

WTF!!!!!!!!

If the guy needs Suboxone he shouldnt be fighting in the first place. That is all kinds of fucked up

Luke
07-08-2013, 10:47 PM
and thoughts on the main event - Weidman basically dominated the fight. Took him down in rd 1 and landed some nasty ground and pound. along with the close sub attempt. Held his own on the feet.
http://101.imagebam.com/download/pcc8Lc6n4UcfbLUFTVmlxA/26456/264559402/weidmansilvagnp.gif

Rd 2 - Silva continued to fight hands down to help aid his tdd and also bait weidman into attacking so that Anderson could counter. Weidman's td's were stuffed easily in this round but he also was easily outstriking Silva. The finishing combo was just perfectly timed. Silva had nothing to absorb the blow with. Didnt roll with punch, didn't see it coming, feet werent under him to dissipate the impact through his body (neck/shoulders).

I encourage reading this
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1695987-ufc-162-how-chris-weidman-killed-the-king

Easily out striking him in rd 2? Someone needs to rewatch that rd . Wiedman landed exactly two strikes in the rd before the KO blow.

edman5555
07-08-2013, 10:57 PM
WTF!!!!!!!!

If the guy needs Suboxone he shouldnt be fighting in the first place. That is all kinds of fucked up

Yeah maybe we can find some value on Leben when he isn't all fucked up and high as a kite. Another thing, this is his second fight in like two years. I'm on the "there is some value in leben if he doesn't relapse" bandwagon provided it is a stylistically favorable matchup. That said, I missed the fight.

Also, I work for Walgreens and I spend most of my time in the controlled drugs room. I see Subuxone all the time. Now I know what it does.