Can'tPickAWinner
07-24-2013, 09:07 PM
::handshake::

Can'tPickAWinner
07-24-2013, 09:07 PM
CFL Rankings: Week 5
Sean Murphy | Jul 24, 2013 | ARCHIVE

Last week's ranking in parentheses.

1. Saskatchewan Roughriders (1) The Riders look like a CFL juggernaut right now. I guess the only concern is, are they peaking too early? Remember, they'll host the 101st Grey Cup in Regina this fall. A loss is coming, but I'm certainly not interested in standing in Saskatchewan's way right now.

2. B.C. Lions (2) B.C. has benefited from a rather soft schedule over the last few weeks, hosting the Argos before a home-and-home set with the Eskimos. Things will get a little tougher this week (or should I say next week - the game will be played on Tuesday) as they head to Toronto for their toughest road test of the young season.

3. Calgary Stampeders (3) Drew Tate is hurt. Now Kevin Glenn is banged up as well. No big deal. The Stamps have more QB depth than any team in the league, with third-stringer Bo Levi Mitchell more than capable of holding his own as we saw last weekend against Montreal. We'll see if the Stamps can avoid a letdown against a hungry Bombers squad in Winnipeg on Friday.

4. Toronto Argonauts (4) Toronto desperately needed a strong showing in Winnipeg last week and got just that, rolling to a 35-19 victory. Unfortunately, they'll have to soldier on without RB Chad Kackert for the next few weeks, and to make matters worse, QB Ricky Ray is nursing a knee injury but should be good to go by Tuesday night when the Argos host the Lions.

5. Winnipeg Blue Bombers (5) The Bombers aren't doing anything to instill much confidence in their home faithful, but with that being said, neither are the teams below them. Despite winning only once in four games this season, Winnipeg still finds itself just one game back of the East-leading Argos. The Bombers have dropped seven in a row against the Stampeders but will try to reverse that trend on Friday.

6. Edmonton Eskimos (8) I'm going to give the rebuilding Eskimos the benefit of the doubt and bump them up a couple of spots this week. They're just 1-3, but those three losses have come against Saskatchewan and B.C. (twice), arguably the league's two best teams. They didn't quit last Saturday at B.C. Place, and have a winnable game on deck in Montreal on Thursday night. Obviously, QB Mike Reilly's injury status will be key.

7. Montreal Alouettes (7) The Als looked great last week. For a quarter. It was all downhill from there as the offense couldn't punch back once the Stampeders made the necessary defensive adjustments. QB Anthony Calvillo and offensive coordinator Mike Miller are saying all the right things, but body language during games seems to indicate otherwise. Needless to say, the Dan Hawkins era is off to a miserable start in Montreal.

8. Hamilton Tiger-Cats (6) Until the Ti-Cats can get healthy, there will continue to be a few stinkers here and there. We certainly saw one on Sunday as they were trounced 37-0 by the Riders in Saskatchewan. Hamilton won't have to wait to get a shot at revenge as it will host the Riders on Saturday night in Guelph. The good news is, Saskatchewan hasn't swept the season series since 2010.

Can'tPickAWinner
07-24-2013, 09:09 PM
Eskimos at Alouettes: What bettors need to know

Edmonton Eskimos at Montreal Alouettes (-5, 48.5)

The Montreal Alouettes are scrambling for a way to bounce back after blowing a 24-0 lead and suffering their third straight defeat. Perhaps they will find it Thursday when they host the Edmonton Eskimos - a team the Alouettes have not lost to since July 30, 2009. Montreal is 6-0 against Edmonton over the last three years but has not looked like the same dominant team under new coach Dan Hawkins, who faces issues with consistency on offense and discipline on defense.

The Eskimos should be happy to head east again after dropping back-to-back games against the BC Lions to fall to 0-3 against West Division opponents. Edmonton’s only victory came in Week 2, when it defeated the Hamilton Tiger-Cats 30-20 in Guelph, Ont. The biggest problem for the Eskimos has been their offense, which has produced a league-low 72 points with starting quarterback Mike Reilly (56-for-100 passing, 644 yards), whose job is likely on the line.

TV: 7:30 p.m. ET, TSN

ABOUT THE ESKIMOS (1-3, 1-3 ATS): Reilly has been effective on the ground, running for 151 yards and one touchdown on 19 carries. Backup quarterback Jonathan Crompton looked good filling in for Reilly in the late stages of Week 4, finishing 4-for-5 for 76 yards and a touchdown. Crompton is 10-for-16 in his first CFL season and has yet to throw an interception. Linebackers JC Sherritt and Damaso Munoz lead Edmonton’s defense with 27 and 26 tackles, respectively.

ABOUT THE ALOUETTES (1-3, 1-3 ATS): Quarterback Anthony Calvillo is off to an uneven start, completing 76-of-129 passes and throwing as many interceptions as touchdowns (four). Calvillo has connected with slotback S.J. Green for 307 yards and three of his four touchdown tosses, while only two other receivers - slotbacks Arland Bruce and Jamel Richardson - have more than 100 receiving yards. Linebacker Chip Cox has two sacks and an interception to add to his league-leading 36 tackles, while safety Kyries Hebert has a team-leading five sacks.

TRENDS:

* Eskimos are 1-5 ATS in their last six meetings.
* Eskimos are 1-5 ATS in their last six meetings in Montreal.
* Eskimos are 2-5 ATS in their last seven road games.
* Alouettes are 0-5 ATS in their last five home games.

EXTRA POINTS:

1. Hebert, living up to his “Angry Bird” nickname, was flagged twice for unnecessary roughness in Week 4, extending key drives in the early stages of the Calgary Stampeders’ 38-27 comeback victory.

2. Edmonton RB Hugh Charles leads the team with 454 total combined yards.

3. The Alouettes have not lost a home game against the Eskimos since Sept. 23, 2007, but are 0-2 playing at home in Molson Stadium to begin the season.

Can'tPickAWinner
07-24-2013, 09:09 PM
RBC Canadian Open: Golf betting preview and picks
By MATT FARGO

We follow up an exciting Open Championship with the RBC Canadian Open this week from Oakville, Ontario.

This is always one of the more difficult tournaments on tour to breakdown because of the constant venue changes. The Canadian Open has been around for over a century and in that span, 37 different courses have played host. This year it returns to Glen Abbey Golf Club for the 26th time.

Glen Abbey is a Par-72, 7,253-yard track that is considered one of the easier courses of the rotation. It has not hosted the Canadian Open since 2009 when Nathan Green won in a playoff over Retief Goosen after scores of -18.

The year before, Glen Abbey also hosted and it was Chez Reavie that took home the championship with a minus-17, three shots clear of Billy Mayfair. Those results show that players can go low here so we will see plenty of pin hunting this week.

This is the seventh consecutive year that the RBC Canadian Open has followed the Open Championship and that is certainly a tough draw. As with any event following a major, the field is lacking in star power as only four players from the Top 10 of the FedEx Cup Standings are teeing it up this week.

That makes for a pretty wide open tournament and it heightened by the fact that not many players in the field have stepped foot on this track before.

Brandt Snedeker (+1,200) is the favorite this week following his third straight Top 20 at Muirfield last week. After a blazing start to the season with four Top 5s in his first five starts, he has cooled off with none over his last 10 starts, but he brings experience to the table this week. He finished T5 at Glen Abbey in 2009, posting the best score in the field over the final three days after opening with a 73.

Grinding it out at the Open Championship makes it tough on some to keep focused the following week but Luke Donald (+2,000) doesn’t have to worry about that. He missed the cut by four shots at Muirfield so he has some added rest for this week. He is having a solid season with three Top 10s and has finished 25th or better in eight of 10 starts. His score of 10-under was good for a T24 here back in 2009.

It’s hard to look past Canadian Graeme DeLaet (+2,500). He is coming off a subpar showing at the Open Championship but prior to that, he posted seven straight Top-30 finishes including three Top 10s. His best finish is a solo third at the Travelers and, while he finished T46 here back in 2009, I consider that pretty solid as that was his only PGA Tour start that year. He will be the partisan favorite this week.

Billy Horschel (+3,000) has missed only two cuts this season and both were at majors (if you count the PLAYERS), so he will be around for the weekend here. Overall, he has seven Top 10s and, while none have come in his last three starts, he could be poised to better playing leading up to the playoffs. This is his first start at Glenn Abbey, but it should fit him well as he is second on tour with 302 birdies.

For a long shot, we will go with Jerry Kelly (+6,000). After a slow start, he has just one missed cut in his last nine starts and he is coming off a T4 in his last even at the John Deere Classic. That was his second Top 5 of the season, his other being a solo fifth at the RBC Heritage (http://www.heritagesports.eu). He played at Glen Abbey in 2004, 2008 and 2009 and he was solid with a T5, T37 and a T5 respectively.

Recommended tournament win fivepack at The RBC Canadian Open (all for one unit)

Brandt Snedeker (+1,200)
Luke Donald (+2,000)
Graeme DeLaet (+2,500)
Billy Horschel (+3,000)
Jerry Kelly (+6,000)

2012 Record to date after 36 events: +51.6 Units
2013 Record to date after 28 events: -45.4 Units

Can'tPickAWinner
07-24-2013, 09:10 PM
"Mr Chalk"

Ben lee likes a couple of plays for the Canadian Open:

$20 on

Bubba Watson 25-1

Dustin Johnson 25-1

$10 on

Graham DeLate 30-1

Jim Furyk 40-1

David Hearn 50-1

Can'tPickAWinner
07-24-2013, 09:14 PM
Mighty Quinn

Mighty hit with the A’s Wednesday and likes the Rangers on Thursday.

The deficit is 1345 sirignanos.

Can'tPickAWinner
07-24-2013, 09:57 PM
Today's CFL Picks

Edmonton at Montreal

The Eskimos look to take advantage of a Montreal team that is 0-5 ATS in its last 5 home games. Edmonton is the pick (+5 1/2) according to Dunkel, which has the Alouettes favored by only 1 1/2. Dunkel Pick: Edmonton (+5 1/2). Here are all of this week's CFL picks.

THURSDAY, JULY 25
Time Posted: 9:30 p.m. EST (7/24)

Game 121-122: Edmonton at Montreal (7:30 p.m. EST)
Dunkel Ratings: Edmonton 110.064; Montreal 111.772
Dunkel Line: Montreal by 1 1/2; 52
Vegas Line: Montreal by 5 1/2; 48 1/2
Dunkel Pick: Edmonton (+5 1/2); Over

Can'tPickAWinner
07-24-2013, 10:38 PM
Steve Golf Picks

RBC Canadian Open

Daniel Summerhays: 55-1

Graeme DeLaet: 32-1

Hideki Matsuyama: 34-1

Morgan Hoffman: 70-1

Chad Campbell: 115-1

Matt Jones: 80-1

No head to head.

Can'tPickAWinner
07-24-2013, 10:39 PM
DAVE ESSLER

MLB Thrusday Thoughts

With all the day games, as usual, best to wait for lineups as many managers rest key players.

Atlanta-Mets: Alex Wood has some impressive numbers. Out of the bullpen. The real key here is how long he can or will be allowed to pitch. Wheeler threw over 100 pitches in both his last two outings, and actually already shut out the Braves this season. I'd look for Atlanta to make the adjustments this time around, but the Braves are one time I am especially concerned about who rests in day games. Lean under, however. With the Braves having the big lead early Wednesday, their pen ought to be rested while New York's may well not.

Pirates-Washington: Gio seems to have his groove back and may well be the Nationals most reliable starter, and if I ever do fade the Pirates it's usually against a LHP. One thing about Burnett's recent successes is that many of those wins were against inferior offenses, and I do like Washington much better against RHP. With Harper resting Wednesday, I do lean Washington here. Bullpens not withstanding.

San Diego-Milwaukee: Which Yovanni do we get. The one that's been stellar lately or the one that's thrown 100+ pitches in three straight games. I like to look at "over" when he's pitching because he can totally suck, but he CAN hit is is a huge asset there. The Padres have fared well against him. And Volquez is going to give up runs.

Miami-Colorado: Eovaldi had thrown about six straight quality starts before getting lit up against the Brewers, and the Rockies have seen just enough of him to think they may well light him up as well. But again, it really does depend on who starts and who sits. Because Nicasio is not your typical Colorado pitcher with terrible numbers at home and Miami hasn't seen much of him, this looks like the Rockies game to lose, and if the wrong people sit the total might be too high.

Phillies-Cardinals: As I type St. Louis is in the midst of a potential big inning, and of course we took the Phillies RL. Cardinals are just one of those teams that I can't get right. Lynn is a pitcher I can't get right. Lynn has, however, done well against the Phillies. Kendrick has been going downhill lately and really would have a tough time trying to take the Phillies in this one.

Cubs at Arizona: Probably would have a tough time taking the Cubs here against a LHP, but, Miley's shown a few cracks lately and a few of the Cubs have hit just enough off of him to give a look to the RL, perhaps. Villaneuva simply not backable as a starter, meaning at the very least we'd have to trust the Cubs bullpen longer than we'd like. However, trusting them for one inning is too many. This could be a higher scoring game.

Reds-Dodgers: I suppose if there was ever a time to fade the Dodgers it might be on a first game back after flying cross country and through customs. Put Latos back in the bigger park and perhaps I might have to break my self imposed ban on the Reds.

Yankees-Rangers: I have never had the respect for Holland that the oddsmakers do, simply because he's not a ground ball pitcher and in a park that might not hold balls in the daytime, I can't take the Rangers. Kuroda's season-long WHIP of 1.04 is something that's worth a NYY RL play at least, IMO.

Detroit at Chicago: I shall pass this game. I won't lay -150 on the road and can't bet on the White Sox right now. Probably under.

Houston-Toronto: Houston is playing some solid ball, and after the grueling series against the Dodgers I have to wonder if Houston RL isn't worth a look here. Buehrle is simply not going to over power the Astros, and I like them far more against a LHP than not. The total's a big one, perhaps too big. I do like that Houston is accustomed to playing in a dome, although the roof may be open, which would make people automatically look at the over. Might be wise to wait and take the under.

Rays-Boston: Hellickson is one of those feast or famine pitchers for me. He beat Boston earlier in the year, but many of the Red Sox regulars have had success against him. Was Lackey's outing against New York the inevitable regression we've been waiting for, or a blip on the screen. The Rays have fared well individually against him, so I can make a reasonable argument for the over, simply because one of these guys should get hit hard. Perhaps over, and best bullpen remaining after Wednesday wins.

Baltimore-Royals: I do like to back pitchers going against their old team (or one of them, lol), but getting behind the Royals is tough lately. Gonzalez has been un-hittable and against some formidable teams, so we'd have to take the Orioles here, and lean under.

Oakland-Los Angeles: A's flying back from Houston where they really didn't play all that well, while the Angels must have been playing a look-ahead series with the Twins. Wilson has been a beast of late, and in the big park here against Straily I can't see this hitting eight runs. But, I might wait and see if it gets to 8 first. I doubt it will. Under is the best play here.

Minnesota-Seattle: How will Seattle rebound from Thursday's bashing at the hands of the Indians, and how much mojo will the Twins bring up from SoCal. Iwakuma has been somewhat hittable lately and the Twins have a score to settle from a shutout Iwakuma threw at them in May. Corriea has kept the Twins in most games this season and has a score to settle for an earlier bad loss against Seattle, so, perhaps the Twins RL. I do like Seattle better against RHP, but when they go into hitting slumps, they REALLY go. Under.

Can'tPickAWinner
07-25-2013, 07:36 AM
MLB Report

July 25

Hot pitchers
-- Mets won last three Wheeler starts (2-0, 2.89).
-- GGonzalez is 4-0, 1.64 in his last five starts.
-- Gallardo is 2-0, 3.44 in his last three starts.
-- Nicasio is 2-0, 0.75 in his last couple starts.
-- Miley is 2-1, 2.10 in his last four starts.
-- Greinke is 2-0, 0.41 in his last three starts.

-- Holland is 3-1, 2.70 in his last five starts. Kuroda is 2-0, 0.95 in his last three.
-- Tampa Bay won last six Hellickson starts (5-0, 2.19). Lackey is 4-2, 2.72 in his last seven starts.
-- MGonzalez is 6-1, 1.83 in his last eight starts.
-- Wilson is 7-1, 2.38 in his last eight starts. Straily is 2-1, 1.33 in his last three.
-- Iwakuma is 2-0, 2.57 in his last couple starts.

Cold pitchers
-- Wood allowed one run in three IP (73 PT) in his only start, against Mets on June 18.
-- Burnett is 0-1, 4.96 in his last three starts.
-- Volquez is 1-2, 8.80 in his last three starts.
-- Eovaldi is 1-1, 6.48 in his last three starts.
-- Lynn is 1-4, 6.30 in his last five starts. Kendrick is 2-2, 6.46 in his last four.
-- Villanueva is 0-5, 6.75 in his last seven starts.
-- Latos is 2-2, 6.65 in his last four starts.

-- Verlander is 1-2, 5.03 in his last three starts. Peavy is 1-2, 11.68 in his last three outings.
-- Bedard is 0-4, 5.48 in his last four starts; he lost last start, despite holding Seattle hitless in his 6.2 IP. Buehrle is 1-3, 5.81 in his last five starts.
-- Guthrie is 2-4, 6.48 in his last seven starts.
-- Correia is 1-2, 5.08 in his last five starts.

Starting Pitchers/First Inning
You can wager on whether teams will score in the first inning. Below is how often a starting pitcher has allowed 1+ runs in first inning in one of his starts........

-- Wood 0-1; Wheeler 3-6
-- Burnett 4-17; GGonzalez 6-20
-- Volquez 7-21; Gallardo 4-21
-- Eovaldi 2-6; Nicasio 7-18
-- Kendrick 7-20; Lynn 5-20
-- Villanueva 6-11; Miley 8-19
-- Latos 8-20; Greinke 4-15

-- Kuroda 6-20; Holland 2-20
-- Verlander 5-21; Peavy 2-12
-- Bedard 10-18; Buehrle 5-20
-- Hellickson 7-20;; Lackey 6-17
-- MGonzalez 5-17; Guthrie 6-20
-- Wilson 4-19; Straily 3-15
-- Correia 6-19; Iwakuma 5-21

Totals
-- 11 of last 14 Pittsburgh games stayed under the total.
-- Six of Mets' last nine games stayed under the total.
-- 13 of last 14 Milwaukee games stayed under total.
-- Eight of the last twelve Philly games stayed under the total.
-- 12 of last 14 Colorado games stayed under total.
-- Under is 9-4-1 in last fourteen Diamondback games.
-- Over is 6-1-1 in last eight Cincinnati games.

-- Eight of last nine Boston games stayed under the total.
-- Under is 9-1-1 in last eleven Texas games.
-- Under is 9-2-1 in last twelve Baltimore road games.
-- 11 of last 12 Oakland games stayed under the total.
-- Under is 5-2-2 in last nine Detroit games.
-- Seven of last eight Angel games stayed under the total.
-- 10 of last 13 Cleveland games stayed under the total.

Hot teams
-- Pirates won 11 of their last 15 road games.
-- Mets are 5-1 in game following their last six losses.
-- Brewers won five of their last seven games.
-- Cardinals won five of their last six games.
-- Cubs are 9-6 in their last fifteen games.
-- Dodgers won 12 of their last 14 games. Reds won seven of their last ten.

-- Rays won 19 of their last 22 games.
-- Orioles won eight of their last eleven games.
-- Tigers won 12 of their last 19 games.
-- Minnesota won six of its last eight games; Mariners won eight of their last nine games.
-- Oakland won three of its last four games.

Cold teams
-- Nationals lost ten of their last thirteen games.
-- Braves are 1-7 in game following their last eight wins.
-- San Diego lost 21 of its last 28 games.
-- Phillies are 3-7 in their last ten road games.
-- Marlins lost five of their last seven games. Colorado is 1-7 in game following its last eight wins.
-- Arizona lost five of its last seven games.

-- Red Sox are 6-8 in their last fourteen games.
-- Bronx lost nine of its last thirteen games. Rangers lost seven of last eleven.
-- Astros lost 12 of their last 14 games. Blue Jays lost nine of their last ten.
-- Royals lost seven of their last eleven games.
-- White Sox lost 16 of their last 24 games.
-- Angels lost three of their last four games.

Can'tPickAWinner
07-25-2013, 07:40 AM
Today's MLB Picks

LA Angels at Oakland

The Angels look to follow up yesterday's 1-0 win over Minnesota and build on their 9-2 record in C.J. Wilson's last 11 starts after scoring 2 runs or less in the previous game. LA is the pick (-105) according to Dunkel, which has the Angels favored by 1. Dunkel Pick: LA Angels (-105). Here are all of today's picks.

THURSDAY, JULY 25
Time Posted: 6:00 a.m. EST

Game 951-952: Atlanta at NY Mets (12:10 p.m. EST)
Dunkel Ratings: Atlanta (Wood) 14.713; NY Mets (Wheeler) 15.652
Dunkel Line: NY Mets by 1; 9
Vegas Line: Atlanta (-125); 8
Dunkel Pick: NY Mets (+125); Over

Game 953-954: Pittsburgh at Washington (12:35 p.m. EST)
Dunkel Ratings: Pittsburgh (Burnett) 14.120; Washington (Gonzalez) 15.769
Dunkel Line: Washington by 1 1/2; 6
Vegas Line: Washington (-135); 7 1/2
Dunkel Pick: Washington (-135); Under

Game 955-956: San Diego at Milwaukee (2:10 p.m. EST)
Dunkel Ratings: San Diego (Volquez) 15.548; Milwaukee (Gallardo) 14.499
Dunkel Line: San Diego by 1; 9
Vegas Line: Milwaukee (-150); 8 1/2
Dunkel Pick: San Diego (+130); Over

Game 957-958: Miami at Colorado (3:10 p.m. EST)
Dunkel Ratings: Miami (Eovaldi) 14.231; Colorado (Nicasio) 15.812
Dunkel Line: Colorado by 1 1/2; 9
Vegas Line: Colorado (-170); 10
Dunkel Pick: Colorado (-170); Under

Game 959-960: Philadelphia at St. Louis (7:15 p.m. EST)
Dunkel Ratings: Philadelphia (Kendrick) 15.784; St. Louis (Lynn) 15.155
Dunkel Line: Philadelphia by 1/2; 9
Vegas Line: St. Louis (-170); 8
Dunkel Pick: Philadelphia (+150); Over

Game 961-962: Chicago Cubs at Arizona (9:40 p.m. EST)
Dunkel Ratings: Cubs (Villanueva) 14.391; Arizona (Miley) 15.870
Dunkel Line: Arizona by 1 1/2; 8
Vegas Line: Arizona (-175); 8 1/2
Dunkel Pick: Arizona (-175); Under

Game 963-964: Cincinnati at LA Dodgers (10:10 p.m. EST)
Dunkel Ratings: Cincinnati (Latos) 17.325; LA Dodgers (Greinke) 16.306
Dunkel Line: Cincinnati by 1; 8
Vegas Line: LA Dodgers (-135); 7
Dunkel Pick: Cincinnati (+115); Over

Game 965-966: NY Yankees at Texas (2:05 p.m. EST)
Dunkel Ratings: NY Yankees (Kuroda) 14.171; Texas (Holland) 15.554
Dunkel Line: Texas by 1 1/2; 8
Vegas Line: Texas (-155); 8 1/2
Dunkel Pick: Texas (-155); Under

Game 967-968: Detroit at Chicago White Sox (2:10 p.m. EST)
Dunkel Ratings: Detroit (Verlander) 14.755; White Sox (Peavy) 15.690
Dunkel Line: Chicago White Sox by 1; 9
Vegas Line: Detroit (-145); 8
Dunkel Pick: Chicago White Sox (+125); Over

Game 969-970: Houston at Toronto (7:07 p.m. EST)
Dunkel Ratings: Houston (Bedard) 14.269; Toronto (Buehrle) 15.752
Dunkel Line: Toronto by 1 1/2; 8
Vegas Line: Toronto (-200); 9 1/2
Dunkel Pick: Toronto (-200); Under

Game 971-972: Tampa Bay at Boston (7:10 p.m. EST)
Dunkel Ratings: Tampa Bay (Hellickson) 16.103; Boston (Lackey) 15.132
Dunkel Line: Tampa Bay by 1; 8
Vegas Line: Boston (-135); 9
Dunkel Pick: Tampa Bay (+115); Under

Game 973-974: Baltimore at Kansas City (8:10 p.m. EST)
Dunkel Ratings: Baltimore (Gonzalez) 16.365; Kansas City (Guthrie) 14.756
Dunkel Line: Baltimore by 1 1/2; 9
Vegas Line: Baltimore (-135); 8 1/2
Dunkel Pick: Baltimore (-135); Over

Game 975-976: LA Angels at Oakland (10:05 p.m. EST)
Dunkel Ratings: LA Angels (Wilson) 15.384; Oakland (Straily) 14.298
Dunkel Line: LA Angels by 1; 7
Vegas Line: Oakland (-115); 7 1/2
Dunkel Pick: LA Angels (-105); Under

Game 977-978: Minnesota at Seattle (10:10 p.m. EST)
Dunkel Ratings: Minnesota (Correia) 15.349; Seattle (Iwakuma) 16.956
Dunkel Line: Seattle by 1 1/2; 8
Vegas Line: Seattle (-170); 7 1/2
Dunkel Pick: Seattle (-170); Over

Can'tPickAWinner
07-25-2013, 07:41 AM
WNBA Basketball Picks

Indiana at Tulsa

The Shock look to build on their 6-2 ATS record in their last 8 home games. Tulsa is the pick (-2 1/2) according to Dunkel, which has the Shock favored by 5. Dunkel Pick: Tulsa (-2 1/2). Here are all of today's picks.

THURSDAY, JULY 25
Time Posted: 6:30 a.m. EST

Game 651-652: Indiana at Tulsa (12:30 p.m. EST)
Dunkel Ratings: Indiana 109.676; Tulsa 114.708
Dunkel Line & Total: Tulsa by 5; 149
Vegas Line & Total: Tulsa by 2 1/2; 145 1/2
Dunkel Pick: Tulsa (-2 1/2); Over

Game 653-654: New York at San Antonio (12:30 p.m. EST)
Dunkel Ratings: New York 104.003; San Antonio 109.613
Dunkel Line & Total: San Antonio by 5 1/2; 142
Vegas Line & Total: San Antonio by 3 1/2; 147 1/2
Dunkel Pick: San Antonio (-3 1/2); Under

Game 655-656: Seattle at Los Angeles (3:30 p.m. EST)
Dunkel Ratings: Seattle 108.790; Los Angeles 118.146
Dunkel Line & Total: Los Angeles by 9 1/2; 153
Vegas Line & Total: Los Angeles by 13; 147 1/2
Dunkel Pick: Seattle (+13); Over

Can'tPickAWinner
07-25-2013, 07:41 AM
Baseball Crusher
New York Mets -104 over Atlanta Braves
(System Record: 53-6, lost last game)
Overall Record: 53-58-1

Can'tPickAWinner
07-25-2013, 07:42 AM
Gamblers Data

Free Play Thursday

Orioles -135

Can'tPickAWinner
07-25-2013, 07:43 AM
Cappers Access

Nationals(RL) -1.5(+150)
Royals +125

Can'tPickAWinner
07-25-2013, 08:12 AM
Free Selection from Arthur Ralph Sports

Our Free Plays are 1069-799 (58 + %) over the last 5 1/2 years !

Free winner THURS Afternoon Nationals -135

Can'tPickAWinner
07-25-2013, 08:13 AM
Joe Wiz

Free Play Thursday Minnesota/Seattle Under 8

Can'tPickAWinner
07-25-2013, 08:13 AM
Power Play Wins

Play of the Day

Tigers

Can'tPickAWinner
07-25-2013, 08:23 AM
Angel Hernandez and the best 'over' umps in baseball

MLB umpire Angel Hernandez added to his record as the best ‘over’ ump in baseball, calling the balls and strikes during the Chicago Cubs’ 7-6 extra-innings win over the Arizona Diamondbacks Wednesday, which played over the 8-run total.

That improved the ‘over’ to 17-5 over/under when Hernandez is behind home plate this season, watching scores top the total in 77.3 percent of those games.

The 22-year MLB veteran has watched an average of 10.1 runs make it to the scoreboard in his 22 appearances as home plate ump, including 2.91 home runs in those games – highest among MLB umpire. Wednesday’s game featured two home runs.

Hernandez isn’t the only ump trending toward the over in 2013. Here’s a look at some of the other masked men helping MLB scores find their way above the number:

Ed Hickox (13-5 O/U, 10.4 rpg)
Jerry Layne (10-4 O/U, 8.9 rpg)
Tim Timmons (13-7 O/U, 9.1 rpg)
Chris Guccione (13-7 O/U, 9.5 rpg)
Mike Everitt (14-8 O/U, 9.7 rpg)
Cory Blaser (14-8 O/U, 10 rpg)

Can'tPickAWinner
07-25-2013, 08:39 AM
CFL

Week 5

Edmonton (1-3) @ Montreal (1-3)-- Alouettes lost last three games, as offense struggles in first year without QB guru Trestman (new coach of Bears); Montreal led 24-0 last week in first quarter at Calgary, lost 38-27, biggest blown lead in CFL history. Als were outscored in second half of all four games (total of 59-33); they're 1-3 despite having turnover ratio of +6, a red flag. Montreal won last six series games, with five of six wins by 10+ points; Eskimos lost their last six visits here, by 36-10-34-17-23-2 points. All three Edmonton losses are by 10+ points. Over is 5-3-1 in last nine series games, 3-1 in Edmonton games.

Can'tPickAWinner
07-25-2013, 09:02 AM
SCOTT SPREITZER

3* Atlanta Braves -110 over NY Mets
2* Baltimore -118 over KC

Can'tPickAWinner
07-25-2013, 09:35 AM
Paul Leiner

100* Tigers -145

50* Yankees +130

Can'tPickAWinner
Chase Diamond

8* Chicago White Sox +1½ -130

Can'tPickAWinner
River City Sharps

7:15PM Philadelphia Phillies vs St. Louis Cardinals
2 UNITS​ ​UNDER 8 -120

Can'tPickAWinner
07-25-2013, 09:36 AM
DHayes

MLB
1* Chicago/Detroit Under 8

Can'tPickAWinner
07-25-2013, 09:36 AM
BehindTheBets
BTB Picks‏
Early MLB: Mets +111, Padres +133, Yankees +142, and Rockies -166,

WNBA: SA -3 (3U) and Tulsa -2 (3U) (Pinny)

PGA Round 1: Donald -125/Els and Furyk -115/McDowell

Can'tPickAWinner
07-25-2013, 10:00 AM
Thursday's Night Tips

July 25, 2013

Astros at Blue Jays - 7:05 PM EST

Probables: E. Bedard (3-7, 4.41 ERA) vs. M. Buehrle (5-7, 4.83 ERA)

Previous series recap: Houston played Oakland tough, but lost two of three at home, with all three games decided by one run each. Toronto threw away two late leads against a hot Dodgers' squad, as Los Angeles pulled off the three-game sweep at Rogers Center.

Current streaks: The Astros have lost seven of their past eight games, while winning just once since the All-Star break. Houston owns a 2-8 record on the road against AL East opponents this season, but both victories came in the series opener. Toronto is winless since the break with all six defeats coming at home. The Jays have drilled the 'over' in seven of their past nine contests, while allowing at least seven runs six times in this stretch.

Rays at Red Sox - 7:10 PM EST

Probables: J. Hellickson (9-3, 4.62 ERA) vs. J. Lackey (7-7, 2.95 ERA)

Series recap: Tampa Bay received another terrific pitching performance on Wednesday as David Price shut down the Red Sox in a 5-1 triumph. The Rays have taken two of three in the series so far, as all three contests have finished 'under' the total.

Current streaks: The Rays are on fire with victories in 19 of their past 22 games, while hitting the 'under' in five straight. The Red Sox have alternated wins and losses in seven consecutive games, while posting an 8-1 mark to the 'under' in the last nine overall.

Phillies at Cardinals - 7:15 PM EST

Probables: K. Kendrick (9-6, 3.94 ERA) vs. L. Lynn (11-5, 4.13 ERA)

Series recap: St. Louis dominated Philadelphia for the second straight night, 11-3 to cash as $1.65 home favorites. The Cardinals have taken four of six meetings with the Phillies this season, while drilling the 'over' for the first time in four games.

Current streaks: The Phillies have dropped four straight games, while falling to 5-7 the last 12 opportunities as a road underdog. St. Louis has cleaned up against a weak schedule of late by winning 11 of 14 games, including nine of the last 10 at Busch Stadium.

Orioles at Royals - 8:10 PM EST

Probables: M. Gonzalez (8-3, 3.34 ERA) vs. J. Guthrie (9-7, 4.41 ERA)

Series recap: The Royals rallied from a late 3-1 deficit to score three runs in the final two innings to shock the Orioles, 4-3 on Wednesday. After dropping the series opener, Kansas City has taken two straight from Baltimore by one run each, while cashing the 'under' the last two nights.

Current streaks: Baltimore has lost three consecutive road games just twice this season, while dropping to 1-5 the last six contests decided by one run. The Royals have won four of six since the All-Star break, while going 7-4 the last 11 home games against four above .500 teams (Orioles, Tigers, Athletics, and Indians).

Cubs at Diamondbacks - 9:40 PM EST

Probables: C. Villanueva (2-6, 4.16 ERA) vs. W. Miley (6-8, 4.03 ERA)

Series recap: Chicago staved off Arizona in 12 innings, 7-6 on Wednesday to cash as $1.20 road underdogs. The Cubs have taken two of three so far in this series, while the season set is evened up at 3-3.

Current streaks: The Cubs are 0-5 the last five games off a win, while going for consecutive road victories for the first time since late June. The Diamondbacks are in the midst of a 2-5 slump, while posting a 4-6 mark the last 10 in the role of a home favorite.

Angels at Athletics - 10:05 PM EST

Probables: C.J. Wilson (10-6, 3.15 ERA) vs. D. Straily (6-3, 4.14 ERA)

Previous series recap: Los Angeles avoided a home sweep against Minnesota by squeezing past the Twins, 1-0 as heavy favorites on Wednesday. Oakland grabbed two of three from Houston on the highway, improving to 11-1 against the Astros this season.

Current streaks: Both of these teams are riding crazy 'under' runs (L.A. 7-1, Oakland 9-1), including three 'unders' in their previous series last weekend in Anaheim. The Angels have won just three of their past nine games, which includes a 1-4 record on the highway. Oakland has split six games since the break, but the A's are 9-2 the last 11 home series openers.

Reds at Dodgers - 10:10 PM EST

Probables: M. Latos (9-3, 3.53 ERA) vs. Z. Greinke (8-2, 3.36 ERA)

Previous series recap: Cincinnati grabbed three of four at San Francisco with all three victories coming by at least five runs. The Dodgers return home after a 6-0 road swing, including a three-game sweep at Toronto.

Current streaks: The Reds are picking up the pace recently with wins in seven of their past 10 contests. The Dodgers' offense put up at least eight runs in each of the last four victories on the East Coast, while owning a solid 6-1 record the last seven home series openers.

Twins at Mariners - 10:10 PM EST

Probables: K. Correia (7-6, 4.17 ERA) vs. H. Iwakuma (9-4, 2.99 ERA)

Previous series recap: Minnesota couldn't quite finish off the sweep at Los Angeles, but the Twins managed to take two of three from the Halos. The Mariners saw their eight-game winning streak snapped in a blowout loss to the Indians on Wednesday, but Seattle did grab its third straight series victory.

Current streaks: Seattle has won seven consecutive series openers, which includes four in a row at Safeco Field. Minnesota has rebounded from a six-game skid in mid-July to win six of its previous eight games, all in the underdog role.

Can'tPickAWinner
07-25-2013, 10:01 AM
Thursday's MLB matinee matchups betting cheat sheet

There are six afternoon MLB games on Thursday's schedule. Here's a quick look at each of those matinee matchups:

Atlanta Braves at New York Mets (+112, 7.5)

Key pitching stat: A pair of rookie pitchers take the mound in the finale of a four-game series: Alex Wood (0-2, 2.45 ERA) and Zack Wheeler (3-1, 3.58).

Key batting stat: Braves SS Andrelton Simmons has homered in back-to-back games and has gone deep four times during a seven-game hitting streak.

Weather: Temperatures in the mid 70s with a 30 percent chance of rain and winds blowing NE at 11 mph.

Key betting note: Under is 6-2-2 in the last 10 meetings.

Pittsburgh Pirates at Washington Nationals (-142, 7.5)

Key pitching stat: Pirates RHP A.J. Burnett is 1-5 over his last 10 starts despite giving up more than three earned runs just once during the stretch.

Key batting stat: Washington OF Jayson Werth hit a two-run homer in Wednesday’s loss and has five homers in the last four games.

Weather: Temperatures in the high 70s with partly cloudy skies and winds blowing NNE at 7 mph.

Key betting note: Pirates are 1-4 in Burnett's last five road starts.

San Diego Padres at Milwaukee Brewers (-136, 8.5)

Key pitching stat: Brewers RHP Yovani Gallardo is 4-2 with a 4.17 ERA in seven career starts against San Diego.

Key batting stat: Padres OF Will Venable is 6-for-13 with a homer against Gallardo.

Weather: Temperatures in the mid 70s with clear skies and winds blowing SSW at 6 mph.

Key betting note: Under is 4-0 in the last four meetings.

New York Yankees at Texas Rangers (-148, 8.5)

Key pitching stat: The Yankees have scored two runs or fewer in seven of the last 10 starts by Kuroda, who is 1-2 with a 2.60 ERA versus Texas.

Key batting stat: Yankees 2B Robinson Cano is 7-for-21 with seven RBIs against Texas LHP Derek Holland.

Weather: Temperatures in the mid 90s with mostly cloudy skies and winds blowing ESE at 6 mph.

Key betting note: Yankees are 4-9 in their last 13 games following a loss.

Detroit Tigers at Chicago White Sox (+119, 8)

Key pitching stat: Verlander allowed five runs and a season-high 12 hits against the White Sox in a loss three starts back.

Key batting stat: Detroit outscored Chicago 19-7 in the previous three games.

Weather: Temperatures in the mid 70s with clear skies and winds blowing SSE at 2 mph.

Key betting note: The Tigers are 24-15 against AL Central opponents and Chicago is 11-21.

Miami Marlins at Colorado Rockies (-166, 10)

Key pitching stat: Colorado RHP Juan Nicasio is 3-1 in eight home starts this season,

Key batting stat: The Rockies, who average 4.4 runs - third in the NL, have scored only 38 in their last 16 games.

Weather: Temperatures in the mid 80s with a 30 percent chance of thunderstorms and winds blowing north at 8 mph.

Key betting note: Home team is 25-10 in umpire Brian Knight's last 35 games behind home plate.

Can'tPickAWinner
07-25-2013, 10:02 AM
Hondo

Hondo goes for three-bagger

Hondo treaded water on the West Coast yesterday, getting nipped with the Twins before rallying with the Reds to leave the deficit holding at 605 moschittos.

Today, Mr. Aitch had success doing the Hiroki-pokey Saturday, so he again will dance with Kuroda — 20 units on the Yankees. Tonight, he expects Hellickson to shut down the Sawx and Greinke to stop the Reds — 20 units apiece.

Can'tPickAWinner
07-25-2013, 10:12 AM
bookiemonsters
119-74 run

27-17 run last 44 plays

pod oakland under 7.5

Can'tPickAWinner
07-25-2013, 10:39 AM
"Mr Chalk" 2013 MLB Season

Ben lee won on Wednesday with the Brewers -$155/Padres.

For Thursday "Mr Chalk" likes two the Nationals -$135/Pirates and the Dodgers -$130/Reds for $50.

"Mr Chalk" is 65-35 +$1407 for the 2013 MLB Season.

Can'tPickAWinner
07-25-2013, 10:47 AM
Handicapping Kings

PJ

ATP
Ryan Harrison -120 Igor Sijsling (2pm)

JIMMY

MLB
Atlanta -115 NYM (12pm)
Philly/St Louis - under 8-120 (715pm)

MARC

WNBA
New York Liberty /San Antonio Silver Stars
under 148 (1230pm)

MLB
New York Yankees /Texas Rangers
under 8.5 -120 (2pm)

Miami Marlins /Colorado Rockies
under 10 -115 (3pm)

Can'tPickAWinner
07-25-2013, 10:59 AM
KYLE HUNTER

Sport
Date
Matchup
Book
Starts

MLB
Jul 25 '13
12:35p
Pittsburgh Pirates vs Washington Nationals
Take: Total 7½ un-120
http://www.sportscapping.com/lines/style/book_images/sportsinteraction.gif (http://affiliate.sportsinteraction.com/processing/clickthrgh.asp?btag=a_1020b_102)
in 4h

*3 Star MLB Totals TKO* The Pittsburgh Pirates and Washington Nationals are two of the best pitching staffs in all of baseball. The Pirates actually have the single best team ERA in baseball. Washington has a very good rotation, and Gio Gonzalez has been lights out of late. A.J. Burnett has had a couple bad starts here and there, but he has been very good for the Pirates this season. Both of these offenses really struggle to put together a big inning. Look for a pitchers duel as both pitchers pitch deep into the game. Take the under.

Sport
Date
Matchup
Book
Starts

MLB
Jul 25 '13
2:05p
New York Yankees vs Texas Rangers
Take: Total 8½ un+103
http://www.sportscapping.com/lines/style/book_images/5dimes.jpg (http://affiliates.5dimes.com/tracking/Affiliate.asp?AffID=af000123&mediaTypeID=633&Image=/tracking/banner/160x600/5dimes-MB-160x600v4.gif&AffUrlID=176)
in 6h

*3 Star MLB Early Bird Special* Hiroki Kuroda and Derek Holland will be on the mound for the finale of this series. Holland has struggled in the past against the Yankees but that was a completely different Yankees lineup than he will face Thursday afternoon. Holland pitched a complete game shutout a few weeks ago against this Yankees lineup. Kuroda has an ERA of less than 3 against the Rangers. Vick Carapazza is the home plate umpire here, and he has a very large strike zone which will help both pitchers. The under is 5-0 in Holland's last 5 home starts. The under is 8-1-2 in the Rangers' last 11 overall. The under is 7-0 in Kuroda's last 7 as an underdog. The under is 14-2-1 in the Yankees last 17 road games versus a left handed starter. Take the under.

Sport
Date
Matchup
Book
Starts

MLB
Jul 25 '13
3:10p
Miami Marlins vs Colorado Rockies
Take: Total 10 un+109
http://www.sportscapping.com/lines/style/book_images/5dimes.jpg (http://affiliates.5dimes.com/tracking/Affiliate.asp?AffID=af000123&mediaTypeID=633&Image=/tracking/banner/160x600/5dimes-MB-160x600v4.gif&AffUrlID=176)
in 7h

*4 Star MLB Play of Day* The oddsmakers continue to put high totals on this series so I'll take this last opportunity to take advantage of a line that is set too high. Miami didn't score a run for 37 straight innings, and even at Coors Field, the Marlins offense hasn't been productive at all. Nathan Eovaldi has pitched very well in his two previous starts at Coors Field. With this being get away day, the Rockies may as well sit one or two of their best players. The under is 8-0 in the Marlins last 8 games. The under is 7-0 in the Marlins last 7 road games. The under is 6-0 in the Marlins last 6 against a right handed starter. Take the under.

Can'tPickAWinner
07-25-2013, 11:27 AM
Teddy Covers

10* Blue Jays over

10* Athletics

Can'tPickAWinner
07-25-2013, 11:27 AM
betting line moves

indy und 145.5

Can'tPickAWinner
07-25-2013, 11:30 AM
KYLE HUNTER

12:35p Pittsburgh Pirates vs Washington Nationals
*3 Star MLB Totals TKO*
Take: Total 7½ un-120

2:05p New York Yankees vs Texas Rangers
*3 Star MLB Early Bird Special*
Take: Total 8½ un+103

3:10p Miami Marlins vs Colorado Rockies
*4 Star MLB Play of Day*
Take: Total 10 un+109

Can'tPickAWinner
07-25-2013, 11:41 AM
Jimmy Boyd

5* (MLB) Baltimore Orioles ML -125

3* (MLB) St Louis Cardinals ML -168
3* (MLB) Chicago Cubs ML +160

Can'tPickAWinner
07-25-2013, 11:42 AM
Sportswagers
Today's Free Picks for Jul 25, 2013

http://www.sportswagers.ca/graphics/icons/logo_5.pngAtlanta @ N.Y. METS
N.Y. METS +115 over Atlanta

12:10 PM EST. This is a battle between two rookie pitchers. Zack Wheeler has started just six games for the Mets since being called up on June 18 to face these same Braves. He won that that game and became just the third starting pitcher in franchise history to earn a win in his big league debut and first since Masato Yoshii in 1998. For whatever reason, the Mets bats come alive when Wheeler starts. They’ve won four of his six starts and have scored five runs or more in all four of those games. The Mets have won Wheelers last three starts while outscoring the opposition 24-11. Wheeler was ranked as the Mets top prospect before the season began. He throws two plus pitches: a 93-95 mph fastball (tops out 98) with good late movement and a tight slider. He’s a pooch here because he’s facing the higher ranked Braves and his numbers in his six starts have not been great with 18 walks, 26 K’s and an ERA of 3.58 in 33 frames. However, Wheeler has pure raw stuff and he’s only going to get better as he continues to learn.
Alex Wood was ranked the seventh best prospect in the Braves system (not in the majors) prior to the season starting. Wood has appeared in 16 games for the Braves this season but only one of those was a start and wouldn’t you know it, that lone start came against these same Mets on June 18. Wood lasted just three innings against New York in that start after allowing just two hits and one run but he walked three batters, threw 73 pitches and struck out five. His longest outing this season is 3.2 innings so it would be unreasonable to expect him to go past five frames here. Wood, a second round pick (88th overall) in the 2012 draft, has risen quickly through the system, dominating at AA-Mississippi before getting the call-up in late May. Wood is a lefty that brings a three pitch arsenal to the mound, featuring a plus fastball that sits 90-94 up to 96, a solid, average change-up, and a below average slider. His unorthodox delivery creates a lot of deception, allowing him to give up lots of weak contact but makes his mechanics inconsistent at times, causing his command and control to suffer. Scouts have two concerns with Wood: his breaking ball and mechanics. He struggles to throw his below-average slider for strikes and may need a better third pitch in order to remain a starter. He also employs a high-effort delivery in which he hops backward on his right leg after landing on it, though he does throw strikes. This is really an emergency start for Wood. He’s only pitched a total of 9 innings over the past 31 days and starting is a completely different animal than coming out of the pen to face five or six batters. The Mets are 21-14 against southpaws this year, they’ve seen this kids’ act and they offer up some nice value.

Our Pick
N.Y. METS +115 (Risking 2 units - To Win: 2.30)

http://www.sportswagers.ca/graphics/icons/logo_5.pngTampa Bay @ BOSTON
Tampa Bay +120 over BOSTON

John Lackey is getting plenty of press these days because of an outstanding first half. Lackey is 4th in the AL in ERA and top 10 in WHIP and strikeout to walk ratio (23/100 - BB/K -106.2 IP). Prior to the All-Star break, Lackey had gone six straight starts in which he allowed two runs or fewer. His current year-to-date command and 50% groundball rate both are the best levels of his career. All of this is very nice for Lackey and the Red Sox but it provides us with a great ”sell high” opportunity. Lackey is 34 years old with plenty of miles on his arm. Current Rays have 55 hits in 179 AB’s versus Lackey for a BA of .307. His BB/K rate against Tampa Bay (16/29 BB/K’s) is a fraction of what it is against other clubs. The Rays remain one of the hottest teams in the league and while Yasiel Puig of the Dodgers is getting all the press for being a stud rookie, there is also one in Tampa Bay that is quietly doing some serious damage of his own. Wil Myers is batting .322. He has two hits or more in eight of his past nine games and has five jacks and 21 RBI’s over his past 10 games. This kid has raw talent and has added as much spirit and pop to the Rays line-up as Puig has in L.A.
Jeremy Hellickson is on a roll. He’s 4-0 in his last five starts with an ERA of 2.03. Over that span, covering 33 frames, Hellickson has whiffed 30 batters. Hellickson’s 4.62 ERA, which is due to some disastrous early starts and a low 65% strand rate, continues to keep him undervalued. Unlike Lackey, who has been torched by the Rays, Hellickson has thrived against Boston. In fact, current Red Sox have just 37 hits in 157 AB’s against Hellickson for a BA of .237. David Ortiz, who is out, is 8-22 off Hellickson (.364) and when you take away his bat, these Red Sox are batting a mere .196 off Hellickson. Yeah, we’d say the Rays have a shot here.

Our Pick
Tampa Bay +120 (Risking 2 units - To Win: 2.40)

http://www.sportswagers.ca/graphics/icons/logo_5.pngL.A. Angels @ OAKLAND
L.A. Angels +101 over OAKLAND

You’ll have to excuse us while we crap our pants in awe of the A’s series win over the Astros in Houston. Oakland won two of three games in Houston. On Monday, the A’s scored two in the 7th and one in the 8th to eke out a 4-3 win. They lost on Tuesday and yesterday they scored three in the 8th to win 4-3 again. Had you bet the A’s in the first five innings, you would have gone 0-2-1. Somehow, someway, these imposters from Oakland have found late inning magic almost daily but it cannot last. The A’s are hitting a major-league low .209 in July, where they barely averaged six hits per game. Dan Straily has been in-and-out of the A’s rotation in the first half but he's got the goods to have a strong second half. He has an elite 11.5% swinging strike rate, which suggests that his decent strikeout rate has even more upside. His ERA has been hurt by a low 63% strand rate but his skills with runners on base have been excellent. However, current Angels have 24 hits 82 AB’s versus Straily (.293) and he has a fly-ball bias profile (36%/42% - FB/GB). What we know for sure is that the Angels offense is vastly superior to that of the A’s and that makes L.A. a very live pup.
C.J. Wilson threw 8.1 shutout innings against Oakland in his most recent start and all three of his starts against them this season have been dominant. Wilson has allowed one earned run or less in four straight starts and over that span, he’s allowed just two earned runs in 29 innings. Wilson’s skills have improved every month since the start of the year. He has 118 K’s in 129 frames and has a 1.85 ERA over his last seven starts. Wilson has allowed just one jack over his past eight starts and has thrown seven full innings or more in six of his past eight. C.J. Wilson may just be the hottest pitcher in the majors and the fact that he’s the underdog here against this meek hitting line-up is bordering on absurd.

Our Pick
L.A. Angels +101 (Risking 2 units - To Win: 2.02)

Can'tPickAWinner
07-25-2013, 11:42 AM
Sportswagers CFL
Today's Free Picks for Jul 25, 2013

http://www.sportswagers.ca/graphics/icons/logo_18.png
Edmonton @ MONTREAL
Edmonton +5½ -105 over MONTREAL

Montreal stormed out to a 24-point, first quarter lead against Calgary last week and that outburst has many people trusting that the Als will snap out of it here with a solid 60 minutes of football. We’re not so sure. The Als caught the Stamps napping in the first quarter last week but they were outscored 38-3 the rest of the way en route to an 11-point defeat. The Alouettes defense is allowing more points per game than Edmonton and let’s not forget that the Als have played twice against Winnipeg while Edmonton has played B.C twice, Saskatchewan and Hamilton. Big contrast there is terms of strength of opposition and it’s not in Montreal’s favor. The Als have proven nothing so far to trust in this price range and remain a huge risk when spotting points.
Edmonton is closer than Montreal in terms of being a relevant football team. Mike Reilly is far better than his numbers have shown. This kid is on the verge of a big game and this could be the week he puts it all together. Reilly gets to face a Montreal defense that is not only scrambling but that has had limited practice time this week because of the schedule that has the Als on a short week.
Edmonton is also on a short week, however, its defense is rock solid and they figure to step up the pressure here against the rather immobile Anthony Calvillo. Edmonton is coming off back-to-back losses to the Lions but B.C. has not lost at home since early last season and the Eskies didn’t look a bit out of place in B.C. last week. Edmonton did a lot of good things in that game, eventually losing by 10 but they were in it the entire way up until very late in the fourth quarter. The Als have been outscored 42-2 in the third quarter of games this year, suggesting that the half time adjustments made by the opposition is killing the Als. Edmonton went on the road in Week 2 and destroyed the Tiger-Cats and played two decent games against B.C., one in the pouring rain. Montreal hasn’t come close to blowing out anyone. In fact, the Als have had the bounces go their way in terms of turnovers and penalties to the opposition, yet they’re 1-3 and have not been able to take advantage of anything. Edmonton is simply the better team here receiving points. We’re calling the upset.

Our Pick
Edmonton +5½ -105 (Risking 2.1 units - To Win: 2.00)

Can'tPickAWinner
07-25-2013, 11:50 AM
Cleveland Insider

MLB
16* Nationals (-142) 2272/1600
4* Astros/Blue Jays under 9.5 480/400
2.5* Phillies +1.5 (-135) 338/250
2* Pirates/Nationals over 7 220/200
2* Blue Jays (-210) 420/200
2* Phillies/Cardinals under 7.5 210/200
1* White Sox +1.5 (-135) 135/100

WNBA
2* Liberty/Silver Stars under 147 210/200

CFL
1* Montreal ML (-210) 210/100
1* Edmonton/Montreal under 48.5 110/100

Can'tPickAWinner
07-25-2013, 12:13 PM
Todays Best Bets

(4 UNITS) NYY/Tex - UNDER 8.5
Betting $400 to win $420

(5 UNITS) Tigers
Betting $650 to win $500

(5 UNITS) T.B./Bos - UNDER 9
Betting $500 to win $525

(4 UNITS) Dodgers
Betting $500 to win $400

Can'tPickAWinner
07-25-2013, 12:14 PM
ANDRE GOMES

WNBA - 651 Indiana Fever @ 652 Tulsa Shock
Projected Line: 148 points
I believe that we have in here a good matchup that will favor both offenses. These two teams are now playing better offense right now than they were earlier on the season. Tulsa is finally showing some decent chemistry between their great frontcourt of Glory Johnson and Liz Cambage, something that has been allowing them to dominate their opponents lately! The Shock are coming from a game against Atlanta where they scored 56 points in the paint, with Johnson and Cambage combining 17-24 FG, 47 points and 25 rebounds! For today's game, they will face one of the most undersized teams in the league and so, they should pound Indiana down low in here.
However, Indiana will also have some key edges on offense today. First of all, their defense is so aggressive that they lead the league in turnovers forced. Tulsa is a turnover-prone team (16.0% TO/rate), so the Fever should have an edge in here. Indiana is basically a jump shooting team that will have a good mismatch in here with Tamika Catchings playing at the PF position and as good as Tulsa's frontcourt is, they are slow and they struggle in defending quick players. So, it wasn't a surprise that on the first game between these two teams this season, a shorthanded Indiana team still scored 80 points, with Tamika dominating with 9-18 FG, 9-9 FT, 28 points, 5 rebounds, 3 assists and 6 steals! I expect a relatively good offensive game in here and so, I'll be taking the Over on this contest.

Pick: 3 units (Single Dime Play) on 651/652 Over 144,5 @ -110

WNBA - 653 New York Liberty @ 654 San Antonio Silver Stars
Projected Line: 144 points
This is a bad spot for the Liberty with just 1 day of rest and then a travel between Indiana and San Antonio to play an early game today. Both teams have been struggling on offense lately. The Liberty is coming from a huge win at Indiana, where they had a great second half. The key for this game was Cappie Pondexter, who had an incredible game with 8-16 FG, 5-5 FT, 24 points and 4 assists. The problem for today's game is that Pondexter played 38 minutes in that game and so, she's likely to be still tired today. New York doesn't have a post game who can pound San Antonio's poor and undersized interior defense, so Cappie will need to carry the team's offense on her own again and this should be problematic for the Liberty.

On the other side, if the Silver Stars were already shorthanded, they are even worse now without Milton-Jones. San Antonio's offensive threats are in the backcourt on the guards Adams and Perkins, two one-dimensional players, who will make the Liberty have a similar defensive approach on this game. This will be a jump shooting game and with the Liberty being #4 in the league on 3pts defense with 31% 3pts allowed and San Antonio #6 with 31.9% 3pts, I expect this game to be a poor low-scoring affair and so, I'll be taking the Under in here.

Pick: 3 units (Single Dime Play) on 653/654 Under 147,5 @ -110

Can'tPickAWinner
07-25-2013, 12:15 PM
Betting First Look with Marco D'Angelo

CINCINNATI REDS

Can'tPickAWinner
07-25-2013, 12:21 PM
Wunderdog Sports Free Pick

Game: San Diego at Milwaukee (2:10 PM Eastern)
Pick: Milwaukee -130 (moneyline) at Diamond

The San Diego Padres made a nice run in the NL West when they went on a 16-8 tear. The problem is that they have been just 7-21 since then. Outside of the 16-8 run, this team stands in at just 29-49 in all other games. There have been a lot of inquiries made as to the availability of Yovani Gallardo, but the Brewers insist he is unavailable. Gallardo is 68-46 over the last five seasons. Edinson Volquez has been a huge disappointment with a 7-8 record and an ERA not far from 6. He has not had success when facing the Brew Crew where his 11 career starts show an ERA of 5.05. San Diego is just 3-12 in their last 15 road games. Milwaukee owns a crisp 48-18 mark in Gallardo's last 66 starts as a home favorite. Milwaukee is also 5-1 in Gallardo's last six starts against the Padres. Play this one on Milwaukee.

Can'tPickAWinner
07-25-2013, 12:32 PM
INTPICKS
Thursday, July 25, 2013

All 1 unit

MLB

2:05 PM ET

NY Yankees @ Texas

Take NY Yankees Money Line +140

10:10 PM ET

Cincinnati @ LA Dodgers

Take LA Dodgers Money Line -125

Can'tPickAWinner
07-25-2013, 12:33 PM
DannyB

Nationals ML
Orioles ML

Can'tPickAWinner
07-25-2013, 12:34 PM
J.R Stevens SMOOTH44

ALL ARE TOP-RATED (5-STAR OR 5-UNIT)

(955) SAN DIEGO +120/RRL -1.5 +195

(957) MIAMI +155/RRL -1.5 +250

(965) NY-YANKEES +145/RRL -1.5 +205

(968) CHI-WHITE SOX +130/RRL -1.5 +260

*Play side and runline/reverse runline equally
“RRL” means “Reverse Runline” or “Alternate Runline

Can'tPickAWinner
07-25-2013, 01:42 PM
Stephen Nover

967 DET
973 BAL

Can'tPickAWinner
07-25-2013, 02:14 PM
CHRIS JORDAN

500 Dodgers -130

Can'tPickAWinner
07-25-2013, 02:15 PM
Tkwins all 3 units
ny Yankees
milwaukee brewers
Baltimore orioles

Can'tPickAWinner
07-25-2013, 03:05 PM
LA Syndicate

Top Plays

Under Rockies
Reds
Over Mariners

Can'tPickAWinner
07-25-2013, 03:06 PM
Chicago Syndicate

Top Plays

Mets
Diamondbacks
Reds

Can'tPickAWinner
07-25-2013, 03:06 PM
Joe Gavazzi MLB 3-1 last night, 18-6 post ASB, 14-3 L4 days)

Thursday, July 25th MLB
Baltimore (Gonzalez) (-130) at Kansas City (Guthrie) 8:10 ET

4% Baltimore (Gonzalez) (-130)

This is a 10* free play for you on the Baltimore Orioles, the most resilient team in the American League. Baltimore has suffered consecutive 1 run losses to KC following their late 4-3 defeat Wednesday night. But this Baltimore team is 31-13/loss, the best record in the AL. And despite those 2 tough losses, the Birds are still on positive runs of 8-3 and 5-2. Today they send Gonzalez to the hill who has pitched at least 6 innings of 23 consecutive starts. In fact, in his L8 starts, Gonzalez is 6-1 with a 2.35 ERA. Gonzalez has also been among the best road pitchers in MLB with a 2.83 ERA L2Y. That includes 2.93 ERA this year with a 1.23 WHIP on the road. Those numbers are far dichotomous to the ones offered by Guthrie who after a hot start to the season has lost his way. In his last 7 starts, Guthrie is 2-4 with a .05 ERA including a 9.82 ERA in his last 3 starts from this mound. Baltimore to bounce back in this divergent pitching matchup!

Pittsburgh (Burnett) at Washington (Gonzalez) (-130) 12:35 ET

3% Pittsburgh (Burnett) +120)

Going for a road sweep with the Pirates at another value Underdog price backing the diverse momentum of these two teams. The Pirates 4-2 victory last night was their 4th straight. For Washington, they dropped to 2-11 with their 6th consecutive defeat. In that 6 game span, the Nats have scored just 13 runs with a .057 BA with RISP. In a matchup where each of the starters is in good current form and has a solid history vs. the opposing bats, we again line up with the 60-39 Pirates as meaningful underdog against the 48-53 Nationals. Finally, must note that Pittsburgh has won more road games (28) than Washington has at home (27).

Philadelphia (Kendrick) at St. Louis (Lynn) (-175 -1 ½ runs -125) 7:15 ET

4% St. Louis (Lynn) (-175 -1 ½ runs -125)

Again tonight we follow the momentum of 2 teams headed opposite directions. After a 9-3 run, the Phillies have lost 4 straight games. Following a 3-8 slide, St. Louis has gone 11-3 to maintain their 1 ½ game lead against Pittsburgh with the best record in MLB at 61-37. Neither of these pitchers is in good current form yet the home/road dichotomy persists. For Kendrick, his last 12 starts have seen him go 5-5 with a 5.00 ERA. Kendrick is off an outing in which he allowed 6 runs in 5 2/3 IP to the Mets. Most disturbing has been his work on the road where in his last 4 starts spanning 24 IP, Kendrick has allowed 36 hits and 19 earned runs. In the last 8 starts, Lynn has gone 3-4 with a 6.32 ERA. Yet his work from this mound continues to be most encouraging. For the season, St. Louis has won 8-10 home starts by Lynn in which he has a 2.81 ERA and 1.14 WHIP. In his last 5 home starts spanning 32 IP, Lynn has allowed only 29 hits and 10 earned runs. Run line players take note: 48/61 St. Louis wins including 25/31 home victories have come by 2 or more runs. Consider part of your wager on the run line.

Cincinnati (Latos) at LA Dodgers (Greinke) (-115) 10:10 ET

5% LA Dodgers (Greinke) (-115)

Despite needing to traverse 3 time zones, our top play of the night again is on these LA Dodgers at an incredible value price. This is a team at last reaching their potential with a steak of 23-5 including 6 consecutive victories. Tonight they send one of the best homers in all of MLB to the mound. In Greinke home starts, the Dodgers are 7-0 over which span Greinke has a 2.17 ERA and 0.99 WHIP. The Dodgers have won the last 6 starts by Greinke who has spun a 0.41 ERA in his L3 starts. In 6 recent starts against Cincinnati, Greinke is 4-0 with a 2.14 ERA. Earlier this season, Latos snapped a 21 game start in which he did not record a loss. But since that time, the Reds have gone 4-5 in Latos starts. Personally, Latos is just 3-3 his last 6 outings. Most disturbing, however, is his work at this site where from this mound Latos has gone 0-5 with a 3.95 ERA.

Tampa Bay (Hellickson) at Boston (Lackey) (-130) 7:10 ET

3% Tampa Bay (Hellickson) (+120)

On Tuesday night, the Rays failed in their effort to capture 1st place from the Bo Sox in the AL East. Now they get another chance and we will play them to succeed. The Rays have been a victual meal ticket for us in going 19-3 of late outscoring foes 104-51 with a team ERA of 2.17. Hellickson has been a part of that surge as in his last 6 starts, Hellickson is 5-0 with a 2.19 ERA. Pitching from this mound has proven to be profitable for Hellickson who in 6 starts at Fenway has gone 3-0 with a 3.68 ERA. The Boston bats have gone a bit cold leading to a recent 3-5 record in which they have averaged just 2.9 RPG with a .225 BA. Lackey has been a pleasant surprise for Boston going 7-7 with a 2.95 ERA. But in his last 4 outings vs. Tampa Bay, Lackey is 0-3 with a 7.78 ERA. Stay with red hot Tampa Bay as underdog.

Can'tPickAWinner
07-25-2013, 03:07 PM
THESPORTSCAPPER 5000* GOY CFL Edmonton +5

They stand 3-13 in CFL this season and have lost over 30 net units betting 1 unit/game since the June 24.

Can'tPickAWinner
07-25-2013, 03:08 PM
Ben Burns

Washington
Texas
Rockies/Miami OVER 9.5
dbacks
Toronto

Can'tPickAWinner
07-25-2013, 03:10 PM
Accu-Score MLB

ML-Home Wins 55 to 59.9% 143-83, 63.3% +2441 -

PHI 959 vs STL 960 -- Over 50% on St. Louis Cardinals -170
CHC 961 vs ARI 962 -- Over 50% on Arizona Diamondbacks -170
SD 955 vs MIL 956 -- Over 50% on Milwaukee Brewers -138
LAA 975 vs OAK 976 -- Over 50% on Oakland Athletics -111
NYY 965 vs TEX 966 -- Over 50% on Texas Rangers -154

SV-Home Line is -130 to -149 121-101, 54.5% +1980 -

SD 955 vs MIL 956 -- Value on San Diego Padres +127
PIT 953 vs WAS 954 -- Value on Washington Nationals -133

NL GAME SV 282-253, 52.7% +1939 -

PHI 959 vs STL 960 -- Value on Philadelphia Phillies +156
MIA 957 vs COL 958 -- Value on Colorado Rockies -168
CHC 961 vs ARI 962 -- Value on Chicago Cubs +156
SD 955 vs MIL 956 -- Value on San Diego Padres +127
CIN 963 vs LAD 964 -- Value on Los Angeles Dodgers -128
PIT 953 vs WAS 954 -- Value on Washington Nationals -133
ATL 951 vs NYM 952 -- Value on Atlanta Braves -107

4 STAR TOTALS 182-148, 55.2% +1920 -

PHI 959 vs STL 960 -- Under 8
MIA 957 vs COL 958 -- Under 10
CHC 961 vs ARI 962 -- Under 8.5
DET 967 vs CHW 968 -- Under 8
BAL 973 vs KC 974 -- Under 8.5
LAA 975 vs OAK 976 -- Under 7.5
NYY 965 vs TEX 966 -- Under 8.5

Can'tPickAWinner
07-25-2013, 03:22 PM
MLB odds and picks Books can't wait for football
Three selections for Thursday's card
Follow The Linemakers on Twitter

Zack Greinke and the Dodgers are one of our picks for Thursday's MLB slate.
By: The Linemakers More Experts
Published: Jul 25, 2013

LAS VEGAS -- July is one of the most anticipated months on the calendar for everyone around the country, except the Las Vegas bookmaker. While families are enjoying the sun and fun of their vacations, the guys running the sports books can't wait for the month to end. July means baseball only, and when there is a day when several of the top public teams and favorites all come in, the books get hammered, as was the case on Wednesday's card.

Twelve of the 15 favorites won on Wednesday, the type of ratio that is bad in any sport for a bookmaker. But what separates baseball from the other sports is the parlay-pay chart. Football and basketball use a standard pay chart on lined games, where three-team parlays pay 6-to-1. In baseball, true odds using a .10 cent line in most cases are used to calculate the parlay payouts. This sometimes means a three-teamer pays less than 6-to-1 if betting a lot of big favorites, but a lot more up to 10-to-1 or so if using the run-line on the favored teams.

In addition to the 12 favorites that won on Wednesday, the books also felt the wrath of bettors jumping all over the hot streaks of a couple underdogs. The Pirates, riding a three-game win streak, were +130 against Stephen Strasburg and the Nationals. The Dodgers, on a five-game win streak, were +110 against a Blue Jays squad that had lost six straight.

The Pirates won, 4-2, and the Dodgers won, 8-3, in early evening games, and from there after an already tough afternoon it was all downhill for the books. When the Pirates and Dodgers results came in, there was no way for the books to get out and save the day. They were going to be large losers on the day, but the final two games determined how large those loses would be.

The books got a gift their only one of the day when the Cubs beat the Diamondbacks, 7-6, but they wouldn't be so lucky in the moneyball game that closed the books on the day. The final game posted on any day, whether a win or a loss, often shows the most lopsided win-loss projection numbers because there are several potential scenarios linked to earlier games. The most lopsided scenario Wednesday was the favorite-to-OVER combination in the Reds-Giants game, and of course, it came flying through with the Reds 8-3 win.

It wasn't as bad as a couple days have been for us this month already, but we did get roughed up pretty good, said South Point sports book director Bert Osborne.

There are only 11 more days remaining for the book directors around town to hold their collective breaths until their savior football comes. Pre-season football doesn't necessarily win a lot of money for the books, but it does take bettors attention away from baseball.

We're not talking about professional bettors here. We're talking about the Regular Joe, who everyday plays $20 on four- and five-team parlays. When football comes around with its parlay-pay chart not to mention its very tough-to-predict preseason games there is almost a 35 percent dropoff in baseball action, since baseball bets become smaller and less frequent and bankrolls get divided between the sports.

While we understand the books uneasiness in July, we're more excited about the small parlays cashing in around town. If somebody who plays baseball regularly owes you money, this might be the opportune time to settle up before football starts. Moreover, what every bettor should learn in the month of July is that there is no better value in the sports book, and maybe the entire casino, than playing baseball.

Jays at least good for runs ... for both teams

The Blue Jays have been swept in two series both at home since the All-Star break, which pretty much ends any minimal talk about Toronto making a push for the playoffs. There were high expectations for Toronto coming into the season, with many experts not us picking them to win the AL East, but a seven-game losing streak indicates what this team is made of.

It's almost like the Miami Marlins sent Toronto their curse from last season when the teams made the blockbuster trade involving Jose Reyes, Mark Buehrle and Josh Johnson.

What we like about the Blue Jays is that they can mash the ball, and they also have trouble keeping opponents balls out of the alleys and from going over the wall, which makes them a fun OVER team. Despite their losing ways, they have gone OVER the posted total seven of their last nine games. On the year, no AL team has gone OVER more than Toronto (53), and only Philadelphia has more OVERs (54) in baseball.

When the Blue Jays are at home, no one in baseball goes OVER (30) more, and we think that trend continues today against Erik Bedard and the Astros.

Thursday selections:

Blue Jays/Astros OVER 9 (-110)

Dodgers (Greinke) -117 vs. Reds

Royals (Guthrie) +125 vs. Orioles

Second half record: 18-8 (+1,156)

Can'tPickAWinner
07-25-2013, 03:25 PM
BookiesHunter

29-7 run!

3* Dodgers

2* Orioles

Can'tPickAWinner
07-25-2013, 03:34 PM
Tampa Bay Rays keep cashing in for under bettors

The Tampa Bay Rays have appeased 'under' bettors by playing under the total in five straight games and 11 of their last 12.

Any $100 bettor would be up $963.12 if they had wagered the 'under' in the past 12 Tampa Bay games.

The Rays are inching closer up the 'under' standings and own a 47-48-7 o/u record on the season.

The Rays face the Boston Red Sox Thursday evening. The total is currently 8.5.

The two ball clubs have faced one another 15 times thus far in 2013 and the under is 11-4 in those games and 7-0 in the last seven matchups.

Can'tPickAWinner
07-25-2013, 03:55 PM
Sports Cash System

free picks:

St. Louis Cardinals -177 over the Philadelphia Phillies (MLB Baseball)

Los Angeles Dodgers -115 over the Cincinnati Reds (MLB Baseball)

Seattle Mariners -185 over the Minnesota Twins (MLB Baseball)

Can'tPickAWinner
07-25-2013, 03:56 PM
Ocal Sports

(2) Blue jays -1.5

Can'tPickAWinner
07-25-2013, 03:57 PM
Hoopsgooroo

972 Red Sox -130
961 Cubs +150
963 Reds +105

Can'tPickAWinner
07-25-2013, 04:34 PM
IveyWalters - Double Dime Bets:

2% Baltimore Orioles -135

Can'tPickAWinner
07-25-2013, 05:03 PM
BOB BALFE

MLB
TAMPA RAYS +115[
(Hellickson/Lackey)

Is there any other team in baseball as good as Tampa right now? Their pitchers have all been feeding off each other and you just get the feel that they are in playoff mode already. Boston has gone a few games in this stretch where they have produced little offense. Not a good thing against a hot team like Tampa. Take the Rays

Can'tPickAWinner
07-25-2013, 05:05 PM
RTG SPORTS

Baltimore Orioles -136

Can'tPickAWinner
07-25-2013, 05:57 PM
Matt Fargo 9* Tampa Bay

Can'tPickAWinner
07-25-2013, 05:58 PM
John Ryan

25* Oakland

Can'tPickAWinner