PDA

View Full Version : Frank Shamrock: Bound by Blood

SPX
10-10-2013, 06:05 PM
So apparently this is coming on tonight? It actually looks really interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiUMy0o3IlE

edman5555
10-10-2013, 07:09 PM
Frank Shamrock: In the Butt.

SPX
10-10-2013, 07:13 PM
A thoughtful and well-reasoned reply.

Luke
10-10-2013, 08:09 PM
Frank Shamrock: Braces

SPX
10-10-2013, 08:26 PM
Okay . . . so no one actually thinks this looks interesting? I definitely want to see it.

poopoo333
10-10-2013, 08:47 PM
Frank Shamrock: "Nick Diaz's punches don't even hurt!"

Luke
10-10-2013, 11:02 PM
Okay . . . so no one actually thinks this looks interesting? I definitely want to see it.

Not really, but I dont watch any mma shows. Although I did watch The Smashing Machine for the first time last week if you want to talk about that

SPX
10-11-2013, 09:12 AM
What did you think about it?

Mr. IWS
10-11-2013, 09:33 AM
Thanks for posting this, I dvr'd it last night, I am definatly interested in checking this out.

SPX
10-11-2013, 04:34 PM
I have a torrent coming in right now. Probably gonna watch it tomorrow night.

Let me know what you think about it.

Luke
10-11-2013, 05:34 PM
What did you think about it?

Thought it was really good. Liked how honest Kerr was about things and the behind the scenes part of it. Although,Kerr is one of those guys that piss me off because he had all the talent in the world but ruined it because he wanted to do drugs. It also made me wonder if Gracie and Shamrock would have been as dominate as they were when the UFC started had Coleman and Kerr been around.

SPX
10-11-2013, 05:52 PM
Although,Kerr is one of those guys that piss me off because he had all the talent in the world but ruined it because he wanted to do drugs.

You see, I interpreted it differently. What I got was that the painkillers really helped him inside the ring. When he went off them and tried to fight in his natural state is when everything went to hell is what it seemed like to me, although I haven't watched it in years.

It also made me wonder if Gracie and Shamrock would have been as dominate as they were when the UFC started had Coleman and Kerr been around.

That's a good question. But one thing to keep in mind is that those Generation 2 guys had the benefit of being made aware of the importance of submission grappling because of the work the pioneers like Gracie and Ken put in.

Luke
10-11-2013, 06:31 PM
You see, I interpreted it differently. What I got was that the painkillers really helped him inside the ring. When he went off them and tried to fight in his natural state is when everything went to hell is what it seemed like to me, although I haven't watched it in years.

Being addicted to painkillers, or any drug, will ruin your career. While they may have helped him absorb pain in the ring but I'm sure they eventually took there toll on his body and reflexes and thats when he came crashing down.

That's a good question. But one thing to keep in mind is that those Generation 2 guys had the benefit of being made aware of the importance of submission grappling because of the work the pioneers like Gracie and Ken put in.

I meant had they been there day 1, UFC 1 . Coleman and Kerr were 10 years younger than Severn and just out of college/Olympics so they were still in prime wrestling condition unlike Dan who was already 35 by the time he made it to the UFC. Plus, I know Coleman was a better wrestler than Severn and I'd guess Kerr was also.

Svino
10-11-2013, 07:35 PM
It also made me wonder if Gracie and Shamrock would have been as dominate as they were when the UFC started had Coleman and Kerr been around.

I'm gonna say, "no".

SPX
10-11-2013, 07:55 PM
Being addicted to painkillers, or any drug, will ruin your career. While they may have helped him absorb pain in the ring but I'm sure they eventually took there toll on his body and reflexes and thats when he came crashing down.

It's obviously all conjecture at this point, but I'd be curious to know if he would have even had a career if he had to fight clean every fight.

I meant had they been there day 1, UFC 1 . Coleman and Kerr were 10 years younger than Severn and just out of college/Olympics so they were still in prime wrestling condition unlike Dan who was already 35 by the time he made it to the UFC. Plus, I know Coleman was a better wrestler than Severn and I'd guess Kerr was also.

It's a good question.

What I really want to know is where would MMA and the UFC be today if Royce had lost at UFC 1.

Luke
10-11-2013, 08:39 PM
It's obviously all conjecture at this point, but I'd be curious to know if he would have even had a career if he had to fight clean every fight.

I dunno. Maybe he couldnt have dealt with the pain and would have quit long before he did. I think it would have been nice to see Coleman-Kerr.

It's a good question.

What I really want to know is where would MMA and the UFC be today if Royce had lost at UFC 1.

I think it would have ended up the same, but BJJ would have never grew to what it is today.