PDA

View Full Version : UFC FIGHT NIGHT Sat. Jan. 4 Saffiedine vs. Lim

Luke
12-29-2013, 01:22 PM
Starts at 7am.............no

Welterweight
Tarec Saffiedine (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarec_Saffiedine)
vs.
Hyun Gyu Lim (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyun_Gyu_Lim)

Featherweight
Tatsuya Kawajiri (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tatsuya_Kawajiri)
vs.
Sean Soriano

Welterweight
Kiichi Kunimoto
vs.
Luiz Dutra (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luiz_Dutra)

Bantamweight
Kyung-Ho Kang
vs.
Shunichi Shimizu

Preliminary card (UFC Fight Pass)

Featherweight
Max Holloway (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Max_Holloway)
vs.
Will Chope

Welterweight
Katsunori Kikuno (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katsunori_Kikuno)
vs.
Quinn Mulhern (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quinn_Mulhern)

Bantamweight
Royston Wee
vs.
Dave Galera

Lightweight
Mairbek Taisumov
vs.
Tae Hyun Bang

Bantamweight
Dustin Kimura (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dustin_Kimura)
vs.
Jon Delos Reyes

Bantamweight
Leandro Issa (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leandro_Issa)
vs.
Russell Doane

JimGunn
12-29-2013, 04:05 PM
You don't necessarily have to get up early to watch the fights. They'll be available at your convenience at no charge with a free trial of the UFC Digital Network on UFC.tv.

I know a lot of people are down on that card, but I don't think it's as bad as many say. Tarec Saffiedine was the welterweight champion in Strikeforce and he was just the subject of a profile on UFC's Ultimate Insider tv show as the only UFC fighter from Belgium. Kawajiri is a multiple time champion and one of the top Japanese fighters finally making his UFC debut. Luiz Dutra competed on season two of TUF Brazil. Max Holloway has had some pretty good fights in the UFC so far. Quinn Mulhern is another Strikeforce veteran and Dustin Kimura is a pretty talented bantamweight with only one loss on his record.

As for the unknowns, well new stars have to start somewhere. At one time a few years ago Georges St. Pierre was fighting in untelevised matches in Quebec somewhere and Jon Jones was fighting for small promotions on the East Coast that hardly anyone ever heard of.

Mr. IWS
12-30-2013, 09:20 AM
I didnt realize that M1 was still doing MMA cards.

MMA_scientist
12-30-2013, 12:35 PM
Is this a UFC for real? I don't knwo who any of those guys are except Kawajiri, Saff, and Mulhern.

Luke
12-30-2013, 04:05 PM
Lets all just pretend this card isn't happening and delete the thread

JimGunn
12-30-2013, 04:25 PM
Are you guys actually MMA fans? Tarec Saffiedine who fights in the main event was the last Strikeforce Welterweight champion. And Korean fighter Hyun Gyu Lim is a beast who finished his last seven opponents inside the distance, almost all by knockout. So the main event should be pretty exciting. And co-main event Kawajiri is one of the best Japanese fighters who have yet to make their debut. Some of the other fighters are pretty dynamic as well- Max Holloway and Dustin Kimura have had pretty exciting fights in the UFC already and Quin Mulhern is a veteran from the Strikeforce Challenger series. As far as the other Asian fighters who are making their UFC debuts, one can never know when where the next title contender is coming from. On a forum focused on sports betting I would think that fans would recognize the possibility of some great wagering opportunities with some of the lesser known fighters, especially if the oddsmakers' opening lines are off.

Luke
12-30-2013, 04:44 PM
Spx, is that you?

Luke
12-30-2013, 04:47 PM
The only fan I am is of money, so betting on a bunch of fighters that I have no idea who they are isn't something I usually do.

MMA_scientist
12-30-2013, 05:46 PM
bro, japanese fights are all fixed.

trotterz
12-30-2013, 06:23 PM
Are you guys actually MMA fans? Tarec Saffiedine who fights in the main event was the last Strikeforce Welterweight champion. And Korean fighter Hyun Gyu Lim is a beast who finished his last seven opponents inside the distance, almost all by knockout. So the main event should be pretty exciting. And co-main event Kawajiri is one of the best Japanese fighters who have yet to make their debut. Some of the other fighters are pretty dynamic as well- Max Holloway and Dustin Kimura have had pretty exciting fights in the UFC already and Quin Mulhern is a veteran from the Strikeforce Challenger series. As far as the other Asian fighters who are making their UFC debuts, one can never know when where the next title contender is coming from. On a frum focused on sports betting I would think that fans would recognize the possibility of some great wagering opportunities with some of the lesser known fighters, especially if the oddsmakers' opening lines are off.

2yearas ago, all of us would be looking at footings of all of those unknown fighters for good wagering opportunities. Nowadays, nobody seems to care anymore

poopoo333
12-30-2013, 06:56 PM
I'm going to watch it because I like to watch fights, but this card is very hard to make bets on. I don't feel like downloading all of Jet Li' movies to handicap the fights.

JimGunn
12-30-2013, 07:05 PM
2yearas ago, all of us would be looking at footings of all of those unknown fighters for good wagering opportunities. Nowadays, nobody seems to care anymore

I'm a long time MMA fan, but I'm new to betting so I guess I'm still excited by it. Plus I see some of the guys I chat with on other forums making a lot more money than I am so that inspires me as well.

Luke
12-30-2013, 08:28 PM
I'm going to watch it because I like to watch fights, but this card is very hard to make bets on. I don't feel like downloading all of Jet Li' movies to handicap the fights.

BOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!::lmao::

Luke
12-30-2013, 08:29 PM

I care, but I realized I can make more money pounding fights that I really like than trying to handicap every fight on every card. Plus, it takes a lot less effort and work to cherry pick fights.

MMA_scientist
12-30-2013, 08:51 PM
I care, but I realized I can make more money pounding fights that I really like than trying to handicap every fight on every card. Plus, it takes a lot less effort and work to cherry pick fights.

pretty much this. I used to scour every card for betting opportunities, but it isn't worth the effort to me any more since I don't like watching MMA all that much anymore.

Also, it is nickel and dime stuff for the most part. How big are you going to go on a guy that all you have to go on is some grainy cell phone footage against a scrub.

2 or 3 years ago, I don't think you could find a better MMA betting forum anywhere. But a lot of just sort lost interest or found other ways to make money (like svino, only live betting) or the props, or whatever.

JimGunn, most of us here have been there and back with research and the math and all of that. Go back and read some of the old threads, you will see pretty much the same guys posting now, making pretty intricate breakdowns. You might see a guy with a hot hand for a while, but most of them burn out quickly never to be heard from again. Come back in 2 years, and most of the guys here will still be in the game. Except me, because I quit.

edman5555
12-30-2013, 09:06 PM
Above is true. Best thing you can do is sit back and observe. Then cherry pick.

edman5555
12-30-2013, 09:28 PM
pretty much this. I used to scour every card for betting opportunities, but it isn't worth the effort to me any more since I don't like watching MMA all that much anymore.

Also, it is nickel and dime stuff for the most part. How big are you going to go on a guy that all you have to go on is some grainy cell phone footage against a scrub.

2 or 3 years ago, I don't think you could find a better MMA betting forum anywhere. But a lot of just sort lost interest or found other ways to make money (like svino, only live betting) or the props, or whatever.

JimGunn, most of us here have been there and back with research and the math and all of that. Go back and read some of the old threads, you will see pretty much the same guys posting now, making pretty intricate breakdowns. You might see a guy with a hot hand for a while, but most of them burn out quickly never to be heard from again. Come back in 2 years, and most of the guys here will still be in the game. Except me, because I quit.

Yeah your right about that. We were all working hard together back then. That brought out the best in us.

MMA_scientist
12-30-2013, 09:31 PM
Yeah your right about that. We were all working hard together back then. That brought out the best in us.

Then I made as much in 2012 without any research, and realized what I know now. Research is great, but it really only convinces you of what you already thought. And going crazy on research has a way of getting you into bets you have no business making... trying to find value on what is a coin flip.
I really agree with luke now, hammer the lines that are obviously wrong and leave the rest alone. Poopoo has been doing that too, going bananas on bad lines.

poopoo333
12-30-2013, 09:58 PM
I really agree with luke now, hammer the lines that are obviously wrong and leave the rest alone. Poopoo has been doing that too, going bananas on bad lines.

Yeah...sometimes I lose a lot but if you get 4 out of 9 of these right...chances are you are ahead. I'm always too lazy to post my bets lately from my phone because I am not home much with my schedule but I'll try and post everything in the tracker for now on. The only person that knows all of my bets is Luke because we do lots of sexting..

I mean texting.

poopoo333
12-30-2013, 10:53 PM
http://www.bestfightodds.com/events/761.png (http://www.bestfightodds.com)

poopoo333
12-30-2013, 10:54 PM
I haven't completely looked at this fight yet but Tarec at a line this low is very odd. He has a better gas tank and should be able to dictate where this fight takes place.

poopoo333
12-30-2013, 10:55 PM
As I post that it goes from -140 to -170. Gay.

JimGunn
12-30-2013, 11:28 PM
I think Tarec is a good fighter but I was pretty impressed by Lim's highlight reel. I saw Hyun Gyu Lim at +130 and jumped on it for $200 and also the under 2 1/2 at +120 for another $100. This guy is HUGE and all of his last seven fights have ended by KO, TKO and one by submission, and almost all of them in round one and all under the half way mark of round two. Tarec hasn't fought in nearly a year so may have some ring rust. And he has to fly all the way to Asia and deal with the time change and the adrenaline dump from the pressure of making his UFC debut. If Lim stays away from Tarec's kicks and makes it a brawl I think he gets a quick stoppage. If it goes the distance- which I doubt- and it's close maybe Asian judges will favor Lim anyway.

edman5555
12-31-2013, 09:06 AM
The judges might not be asian.

Luke
12-31-2013, 04:54 PM
Lotta black people for an Asian card

zY|
12-31-2013, 09:30 PM
Hacist

edman5555
01-01-2014, 10:15 AM
Then I made as much in 2012 without any research, and realized what I know now. Research is great, but it really only convinces you of what you already thought. And going crazy on research has a way of getting you into bets you have no business making... trying to find value on what is a coin flip.

That strikes a chord with me. I can remember many times that I have spent a huge amount of time researching unknowns and making educated guesses on how it would turn out. I made money plenty of times but lost money plenty of times. In the end I guess I came to the conclusion that my time is better spent working on known commodities. Spending the same amount of time breaking down fighters we are all familiar with is much more effective in my opinion. Its a much better starting position. I think watching some tape is a good idea too. That can be covered with just watching the fights to begin with though.

To sum up. Just watch all the fights. Talk a little bit and place bets. I think debating is still a valid tactic to use. You never know when your wrong and there are always people on the internet willing to point that out.

Mr. IWS
01-01-2014, 10:18 AM
Lotta black people for an Asian card

A lot of Wesley Snipes lookin ninjas on there.

poopoo333
01-02-2014, 01:02 AM
I'm gonna look at Chope/Hollaway and Soriano/Kawajiri..that's it.

I'm going to bet Tarec as well...waiting on line to get better though.

Vandelay
01-02-2014, 09:59 PM
PP, I feel like you should have some inside knowledge on the majority of these fighters as they are your brethren. Quit dicking around and share the good stuff with the rest of us. I fully intend to tail your picks alone just because of this fact.

poopoo333
01-02-2014, 10:29 PM
PP, I feel like you should have some inside knowledge on the majority of these fighters as they are your brethren. Quit dicking around and share the good stuff with the rest of us. I fully intend to tail your picks alone just because of this fact.

Asians just suck at MMA basically. Bet the non slanty eyed guy. If they are both fighting each other, just bet the dog

edman5555
01-03-2014, 02:31 PM
http://www.mma-core.com/videos/fights/Gesias_Cavalcante_vs_Katsunori_Kikuno_DREAM15/10011733

Watching this now. This Kikuno guy looks really good.

JimGunn
01-03-2014, 02:58 PM
UFN 34 Risk $979.10

Hyun Gyu Lim (+130) $200.00 for $260.00
Saffiedine/Lim Under 2½ (+120) $100.00 for $120.00
Sean Soriano (+145) $46.60 for $67.57
Luiz Dutra (-145) $50.75 for $35.00
Kyung-Ho Kang (-290) $101.50 for $35.00
Max Holloway (-215) $107.50 for $50.00
Katsunori Kikuno (-170) $85.00 for $50.00
Royston Wee (+160) $25.00 for $40.00
Mairbek Taisumov (-305) $106.75 for $35.00
Dustin Kimura (-265) $106.00 for $40.00
Russell Doane (+105) $50.00 for $52.50

Svino
01-04-2014, 04:10 PM
OK, I get that the elbow rules can be a bit confusing around the edges, but dammit Dutra, how can you not know this is illegal? Do you even follow this sport?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Qo7qyVoEEfI/UsgfBGTQ1fI/AAAAAAAA_zA/hFGH4SuSOko/s1600/1.gif

Mr. IWS
01-05-2014, 11:20 AM
OK, I get that the elbow rules can be a bit confusing around the edges, but dammit Dutra, how can you not know this is illegal? Do you even follow this sport?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Qo7qyVoEEfI/UsgfBGTQ1fI/AAAAAAAA_zA/hFGH4SuSOko/s1600/1.gif

Dam, this fool fucked up. Wasnt he winning at that point?

Luke
01-05-2014, 01:00 PM
Stream?

Svino
01-05-2014, 01:46 PM
Dam, this fool fucked up. Wasnt he winning at that point?

Yeah he was doing pretty well.

Today he said that he thought his first two elbows were legal and accused Kunimoto of quitting: "He didn’t return, I believe, because I was making things hard for him since I figured him out"

http://mmajunkie.com/2014/01/luiz-dutra-apologizes-for-dq-but-says-kunimoto-played-it-up-to-some-extent/