Luke
04-05-2014, 10:02 PM
http://www.bestfightodds.com/events/779.png

poopoo333
04-06-2014, 12:09 AM
Scientist?

edman5555
04-06-2014, 12:59 PM
I favor Werdum as well but I think that Browne is almost too dangerous to bet against. FYI, Werdum has already come out and said that he will be very wary of shooting in on Browne for takedowns due to his ability to generate power in the clinch and tko people. I think Werdum probably has the better striking but IIRC Big nog was tagging him so better beware IMO.

MMA_scientist
04-07-2014, 09:42 AM
I doubt Werdum can take him down. So, I dunno. Prob Browne.

poopoo333
04-07-2014, 03:36 PM
I bet under 2.5 rounds @ -140 on Browne/Werdum

edman5555
04-07-2014, 03:51 PM
I doubt Werdum can take him down. So, I dunno. Prob Browne.

Yeah he would probably have some trouble. However if Werdum can manage to get him down at some point during a scramble the difference in skill level is so high that he might be able to submit him. Point being is one takedown might be enough. Standing I could see it being close with a power edge to browne.

MMA_scientist
04-07-2014, 05:13 PM
Yeah, Werdum has good striking now, but he is still sort of afraid to engage and doesn't have a lot of power. Browne has big power and a reach advantage. Werdum is not going to get the thai plumb on Browne like he did on Roy Nelson. I doubt it would be an instant submission unless Browne willing stays on the mat, which he wont. Having the guy engage on the mat makes it possible to sub them. Browne is going to be trying to explode to his feet. It could happen, and it probably will if they spend any extended time on the ground. But I think slight edge to Browne is probably right just because unless something weird happens, the natural order of the fight favors Browne IMO.

Luke
04-07-2014, 06:08 PM
Its going to look just like Reem-Werdum

edman5555
04-07-2014, 06:29 PM
Yeah, Werdum has good striking now, but he is still sort of afraid to engage and doesn't have a lot of power. Browne has big power and a reach advantage. Werdum is not going to get the thai plumb on Browne like he did on Roy Nelson. I doubt it would be an instant submission unless Browne willing stays on the mat, which he wont. Having the guy engage on the mat makes it possible to sub them. Browne is going to be trying to explode to his feet. It could happen, and it probably will if they spend any extended time on the ground. But I think slight edge to Browne is probably right just because unless something weird happens, the natural order of the fight favors Browne IMO.

Yeah good point about the reach advantage. There might be a speed differencenas well. Your right about the thai plum, brownes power will be too much of a threat there. Werdum might be able to gain an edge with his kicks though. He has some solid leg kicks. Browne did karate kid reem though.

Mr. IWS
04-08-2014, 09:02 AM
Its going to look just like Reem-Werdum

I was thinking the same thing.

edman5555
04-08-2014, 03:59 PM
I was thinking the same thing.

Werdum was actually doing decently against Reem.

Luke
04-08-2014, 06:29 PM
Werdum was actually doing decently against Reem.

He lost every single round and butt-scooted most of the fight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eg-qLv7HR4Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsKjILDMGhI

MMA_scientist
04-09-2014, 09:37 AM
To be fair, Werdum has looked a lot better standing since that fight. Also, when he was actually engaging standing up, I think he was doing fine, he landed some pretty good combos. He was just scared.

poopoo333
04-09-2014, 09:41 AM
Travis Browne > Alistair Overeem

http://cdn2.sbnation.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/18068537/20130817_jla_bt1_558.0_standard_352.0.jpg

Mr. IWS
04-20-2014, 11:01 AM
Werdum is a bad ass. very impressed with Him. I thought He has a better shot at beating Cain, but I didnt think He would win last night.

edman5555
04-20-2014, 11:01 AM
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/4/20/5632754/ufc-dana-white-fabricio-werdum-travis-browne-played-it-safe-news

This is bullshit. I thought Werdum took a lot of chances in the striking department. He was very aggressive.

Luke
04-20-2014, 12:59 PM
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/4/20/5632754/ufc-dana-white-fabricio-werdum-travis-browne-played-it-safe-news

This is bullshit. I thought Werdum took a lot of chances in the striking department. He was very aggressive.

LOL. Dana's an asshole. If you don't get a stoppage he's pissed. He' probably also pissed cause he think he could have sold more PPV's to Bronwe/Cain

edman5555
04-20-2014, 02:49 PM
How about that Yoel Romero? I thought he did very well, I wasn't expecting him to dominate like that. Very impressive. Cerrone looked great too. I thought he was going to get knocked out. I missed Khabib but he should be in line for a title shot soon.

Luke
04-20-2014, 03:01 PM
Khabib would beat Pettis easily, but would probably lose to Bendo and Melendez. Romero looked good. It was bascially Lomabard throwing Shields around again. Barboz was overated and it didn't surprise me he got KO'd

Werdum dominated Browne. Werdum -115 after rd 1 was the worst line I've ever seen. Should have unloaded on that

MMA_scientist
04-20-2014, 09:51 PM
Just watched. Werdum did way better standing than I thought he would. Werdum is always so underrated. He has been in the top since before I started watching MMA in 2005. That is a hell of a consistent career. I really hope he somehow pulls off another miracle against Cain and finally gets a belt and pisses in Dana's cheerios.

Dana is just holding back the sport at this point. The UFC is on the decline, they really need him to get out of the way.

edman5555
04-21-2014, 07:22 AM
Dana is holding it back from being a legit sport. Im not sure he is holding it back from being popular.

Mr. IWS
04-21-2014, 09:05 AM
How about that Yoel Romero?

I really like that guy, very impressive

Mr. IWS
04-21-2014, 09:06 AM
Dana is just holding back the sport at this point. The UFC is on the decline, they really need him to get out of the way.

I agree

MMA_scientist
04-21-2014, 09:41 AM

MMA_scientist
04-21-2014, 09:42 AM
Dana is holding it back from being a legit sport. Im not sure he is holding it back from being popular.

I don't know. He was so mad that Werdum won, that he basically said that Cain would steamroll him. I can't see the logic in shitting all over your own product. Whether he likes it or not, Werdum is his #1 contender, shouldn't he be saying how good he is and how compelling the matchup is? You know, actually trying to get people excited to see him fight again... I really Dana hates grappling and technical striking, he just wants to see some toughman style banging bro.

edman5555
04-21-2014, 12:23 PM
I actually think werdum has a great shot at beating cain. He can basically nullify his wrestling and he might be able to outstrike him or at least make it close. Theres also the possibility he can submit him. He had browne wobbled a few times as well.

edman5555
04-21-2014, 12:25 PM
To add to that, i can see how dana hurts the ufc. He says a lot of dumb shit. Hes called the fans morons and even swore at them. Fin stupid, this and that. He def built it up but i really cant stand how he just tries to turn it into a tough man contest.

MMA_scientist
04-21-2014, 12:27 PM
I'm not counting Werdum out at all. I think he has a good shot, especially with Cain coming off injury. I doubt he subs him, but I do think he can make it close standing, and he is a lot bigger than Cain, so I could see his Mt being more effective. Cain won't go down and stay in his guard, he will throw him down and stand over him for a few seconds and back out. He won't try to do anything down there IMO.

poopoo333
04-21-2014, 03:20 PM
I think Cain wins. I don't see Cain striking at distance with Werdum, but I believe he will do what he did to JDS in their 2nd fight to Werdum aka clinching him against the fence and beating him up there.

edman5555
04-24-2014, 09:53 PM
I think Cain wins. I don't see Cain striking at distance with Werdum, but I believe he will do what he did to JDS in their 2nd fight to Werdum aka clinching him against the fence and beating him up there.

If i were werdum i would just jump guard everytime he does that.

edman5555
04-24-2014, 09:54 PM
Or knee like a motherfucker. I think he has a real shot in this one. He looked amazing against browne.