PDA

View Full Version : Arlovski/Bigfoot rumored for Sept.

Mr. IWS
07-04-2014, 11:15 AM
Antonio Silva got the best of Andrei Arlovski under the Strikeforce banner in 2010. “Bigfoot” will apparently get the chance to do the same on his home soil this September.

According to a report by Brazilian outlet Combate, a rematch between the two heavyweights has been targeted to headline a UFC Fight Night card in Brazil on Sept. 13. A UFC official could not immediately confirm the matchup to Sherdog.com, however. The event is scheduled to take place at the Nilson Nelson Gymnasium in Brasilia, Brazil.

Silva will be making his first UFC appearance since battling Mark Hunt to a draw in December. The bout was changed to a no contest when the Brazilian produced elevated testosterone levels following the bout. Silva was suspended for nine months as a result of the test.

The American Top Team product outpointed Arlovski at Strikeforce “Artillery” more than four years ago. Since then, Silva has garnered notable wins over Fedor Emelianenko, Travis Browne and Alistair Overeem.

Arlovski, meanwhile, returned to the Las Vegas-based promotion for the first time since 2008 at UFC 174, where he took a contentious split decision triumph against Brendan Schaub. The former heavyweight champion has been defeated just once in his last nine bouts.

Mr. IWS
07-04-2014, 11:16 AM
All in on Bigfoot for real

Luke
07-04-2014, 12:43 PM
All in on Bigfoot for real

Same. He'll kill AA.

I said it would be around -200 but poopoo thinks it will be around -400 or worse

MMA_scientist
07-04-2014, 10:38 PM
I remember when I lost a pretty big bet on AA the first time. In hindsight it seems absurd that I could thought AA would beat Bigfoot, but I didn't know Bigfoot would turn out to be pretty good

edman5555
07-05-2014, 12:52 PM
I remember when I lost a pretty big bet on AA the first time. In hindsight it seems absurd that I could thought AA would beat Bigfoot, but I didn't know Bigfoot would turn out to be pretty good

Yeah how about when Bigfoot beat Fedor? That was a shocker.

Luke
07-05-2014, 01:16 PM
Yeah how about when Bigfoot beat Fedor? That was a shocker.

Bigfoot only won because he was twice the size. Would have been like Aldo fighting Machida

edman5555
07-05-2014, 01:22 PM
Of course that's the reason but Fedor was still heavily favored.

Mr. IWS
07-06-2014, 09:49 AM
I swear, if that fight would have went one more round, fedor would have knocked him out. After that 2nd round, Fedor just got up like a cyborg and walked back to his corner. Bigfoot could barely get off his knees and looked like he was going to have a heart attack.

Luke
07-06-2014, 12:21 PM
I swear, if that fight would have went one more round, fedor would have knocked him out. After that 2nd round, Fedor just got up like a cyborg and walked back to his corner. Bigfoot could barely get off his knees and looked like he was going to have a heart attack.

I honestly thought the same thing when I watched it .