Luke
03-10-2015, 08:27 PM
Kimbo has to win this. Shamrock is a corpse

In before Shamrock drops out and Seth KO's Kimbo again

Mr. IWS
03-12-2015, 03:09 PM
Kimbo has to win this. Shamrock is a corpse

In before Shamrock drops out and Seth KO's Kimbo again

They would murder Seth for real this time.

SPX
08-17-2015, 02:31 PM
All right, so what's the deal. . .

Was this a fix or no?

Luke
08-17-2015, 06:51 PM
All right, so what's the deal. . .

Was this a fix or no?

Probably. I think Tito vs Schlemnko (sp?) was also

SPX
08-17-2015, 07:13 PM
Really? Why do you think that about Tito/Alex?

Luke
08-17-2015, 07:20 PM
Really? Why do you think that about Tito/Alex?

Because the TD Tito took him down shouldn't have been able to get a 12 year old down, it almost looks like he's talking in his hear during the fight, and then he just gives up the sub so easily. That was just my thoughts watching it live.

Lets see if we can find the fght to post it here and look at it again

SPX
08-17-2015, 08:02 PM
I won't say it didn't look suspicious or weirdly easy for Tito. But I just tend to have a really hard time believing any particular fight is fixed. That of course doesn't mean it never happens. But I think it's very rare.

Luke
08-17-2015, 09:35 PM
I won't say it didn't look suspicious or weirdly easy for Tito. But I just tend to have a really hard time believing any particular fight is fixed. That of course doesn't mean it never happens. But I think it's very rare.

It is rare. We're talking about 2 fights in the last, what, 8-10 years?

Did you find that fight to post it here?

Luke
08-17-2015, 09:39 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edMhqdI6h6Y

Ludo
08-18-2015, 02:36 PM
I don't really think Tito/Schlemenko was suspicious. Tito looked fucking huge in comparison, and he pretty much landed in side control(Hector Lombard pretty much put a grappling clinic on Schlemenko). I'm not surprised Tito was able to more or less power that arm triangle home

Shamrock/Kimbo looked suspicious, though. Shamrock had that choke locked in, and just suddenly let Kimbo out it seemed like.

CriticalHit
08-18-2015, 06:42 PM
Schlemenko always had a bad tendency to willingly give up his back when he's taken down. It was a matter of time before someone made him pay for it. I think it was just bad instincts that were never ironed out in his training camps.

Bellator has had it's share of shady fights though. Volkov/Holata looked fishy. The shots that initially hurt Holata looked pitiful and he was bobbing his head back and forth even when strikes weren't coming. A Lashley fight also looked fishy with a fighter instantly turtling after a failed TD attempt.

SPX
08-18-2015, 07:28 PM
Bellator has had it's share of shady fights though. Volkov/Holata looked fishy. The shots that initially hurt Holata looked pitiful and he was bobbing his head back and forth even when strikes weren't coming. A Lashley fight also looked fishy with a fighter instantly turtling after a failed TD attempt.

Maybe I'm just naive, but it's just hard for me to think that American orgs are fixing fights with anything even remotely close to regularity. Although I think Coker would do it before Dana and Crew would take that chance.

Éire
08-18-2015, 09:54 PM
Don't think the Tito fight was suspicious.

Think the Kimbo fight was definitely fixed.

SPX
08-18-2015, 09:55 PM
Think the Kimbo fight was definitely fixed.

It was definitely weird looking. And maybe fixed.

But on the other hand I'm like, then again, these are a couple of old motherfuckers in there trying to fight.

Éire
08-18-2015, 10:03 PM
It was definitely weird looking. And maybe fixed.

But on the other hand I'm like, then again, these are a couple of old motherfuckers in there trying to fight.

This is very true. I just can't wrap my mind around Kimbo getting out of that choke by himself though. Ken didn't forget how to squeeze around the neck, lol.

CriticalHit
08-18-2015, 10:39 PM
Maybe I'm just naive, but it's just hard for me to think that American orgs are fixing fights with anything even remotely close to regularity. Although I think Coker would do it before Dana and Crew would take that chance.

Oh I have no idea how far those fishy fights have gone. I always assume at the least the fighter possibly taking a dive and his camp is on it. There's a bunch of different reasons a fighter would throw a fight.

Luke
08-18-2015, 10:42 PM
Oh I have no idea how far those fishy fights have gone. I always assume at the least the fighter possibly taking a dive and his camp is on it. There's a bunch of different reasons a fighter would throw a fight.

If I was a prelim fighter making 10k to fight, and a big fav, I'd take a dive if I thought I could clear 100-200k betting against myself

SPX
08-20-2015, 08:40 PM
If I was a prelim fighter making 10k to fight, and a big fav, I'd take a dive if I thought I could clear 100-200k betting against myself

I think a lot of fighters would consider it. It seems to me like it would take some real acting ability to sell it, though.

Luke
08-20-2015, 11:05 PM
I think a lot of fighters would consider it. It seems to me like it would take some real acting ability to sell it, though.

Not really. Drop your hands, get hit, pretend youre dead. For 200k, I'd get knocked out for real

SPX
08-20-2015, 11:10 PM
Not really. Drop your hands, get hit, pretend youre dead. For 200k, I'd get knocked out for real

Indeed.

Wouldn't that be a terrifying moment? The moment when you just let down your defenses and ALLOW yourself to get KOd? It seems like it would take a special kind of person because a man's natural reaction is always to defend.

Luke
08-20-2015, 11:42 PM
Indeed.

Wouldn't that be a terrifying moment? The moment when you just let down your defenses and ALLOW yourself to get KOd? It seems like it would take a special kind of person because a man's natural reaction is always to defend.

I don't know. Just pretend you're Reem

I've been knocked down before and got up staggering. Its not a big deal. Getting knocked down doesn't hurt...just feels like everything is in slow motion. Staggering around just feels the same way you do when you're drunk

If you were truly KO'd...and not TKO'd, you'd probably never remember it anyway

Mr. IWS
08-21-2015, 09:06 AM
The lulz betting this fight.

::moneybag::

SPX
08-21-2015, 12:47 PM
I don't know. Just pretend you're Reem

I've been knocked down before and got up staggering. Its not a big deal. Getting knocked down doesn't hurt...just feels like everything is in slow motion. Staggering around just feels the same way you do when you're drunk

If you were truly KO'd...and not TKO'd, you'd probably never remember it anyway

BOL at just pretend you're Reem!

In any case, what I think is unnatural is for a person to just stand there and let themselves get smashed. It's goes against every instinct. Like, for most people, instincts will literally kick in and they will defend themselves involuntarily.

Luke
08-21-2015, 01:35 PM
The lulz betting this fight.

::moneybag::

I love freak shows