PDA

View Full Version : Future Champs predictions

Luke
03-15-2015, 03:53 PM
I believe MMAscientist (if he's still alive) is ahead in the category. He said Hendricks, RDA, and Werdum would be champs..and maybe Weidman, can't remember

I called Weidman and Barao

I know poopoo said Weidman and Corimer

Zak, he said Reem

SPX said Pulver and Vera, so he's definitely not winning

Mr. IWS
03-16-2015, 02:39 PM
Cain
Bones
Wiedman
Hendricks
CM Punk

Luke
03-16-2015, 05:27 PM
Weidman & Cain will be champ for a long time. If Rumble doesnt beat Jones, he'll be champ until his drug addiction ruins his career.
Khabib is going to be next 155lb champ. If Rory can stop TD's, he'll be champ soon. That's it. Every class under 155 is void imo

Mr. IWS
03-17-2015, 11:36 AM
Jones, he'll be champ until his drug addiction ruins his career.

Gave me a chuckle

Every class under 155 is void imo

The truest post ever on this shitty site.

::handshake::

Luke
06-14-2015, 01:05 PM
MMA scientist nails another one with Werdum last night

That give hims 3, me 2 , and poopoo 2

Mr. IWS
06-15-2015, 10:30 AM
Im still holding out for CM Punk

Luke
06-19-2015, 04:50 PM
Im still holding out for CM Punk

He gotta fight first.

Luke
07-07-2015, 10:53 PM
If Rory wins this weekend, that gives me 3

Luke
07-07-2015, 10:54 PM
Weidman & Cain will be champ for a long time. If Rumble doesnt beat Jones, he'll be champ until his drug addiction ruins his career.
Khabib is going to be next 155lb champ. If Rory can stop TD's, he'll be champ soon. That's it. Every class under 155 is void imo

::jaydrop::

SPX
08-17-2015, 01:49 PM
SPX said Pulver and Vera, so he's definitely not winning

BOL! Fuck you.

Okay, I'll play. . .

I think the HW division is a toss up. If Cain gets his mojo back he could of course be champ again, but fuck it, I'm calling it now: JDS will once again hold the belt. And while I'm not going to say yes, it will happen, I also think there's a chance Dodson could beat DJ and, if he just goddamn gets healthy, Cruz could come back and beat Dillashaw.

Beyond that, let's see. . . Claudia Gadelha stands a good chance of beating JJ, but if she can't manage it, then JJ will probably be champ for a while. I hope to hell that Conor beats Aldo, even though I don't really think it's going to happen. And I'd really like to see Pettis get his belt back, which I think is a distinct possibility. For that matter, Hendricks is another one who might regain the belt.

I think of all the champs who are looking dominant right now, Weidman is the most likely to lose. I could see Rockhold upsetting him. Other than kicking KOd by SuperVitor, Rockhold has looked excellent in the UFC so far and I could see him giving Weidman a real run for his money.

Ronda will probably hold the belt for as long as she likes unless they finally bring in Cyborg, in which case anything could happen.

Luke
08-17-2015, 06:41 PM
I think Cyborg beats Ronda...if the fight is at 140lb or above.

No idea at HW. Any one punch can change everything.

I'm gonna call Gunnar Nelson will be champ at 170lb . A few more fights and I think he coud be there.

Jacare is my choice to knock off Weidman....if anyone can.

Khabib at 155lb wil be champ if he stays healthy

Conor beats Aldo then loses to Edgar

poopoo333
08-17-2015, 08:13 PM
I got JDS right (years ago. still a bad call). Weidman right. Cormier right.. (I guess. technically).

Scientist got Hendricks, Weidman, RDA, Werdum, Cormier.

poopoo333
08-17-2015, 08:14 PM
I wonder if Scientist is still betting $100000 on "not xxx by sub" parlays?

He's probably up to $500,000 if he has been since we all died.

SPX
08-17-2015, 08:16 PM
According to Luke, Scientist doesn't even watch MMA anymore. Luke said he had to inform him that Werdum was now champ.

Luke
08-17-2015, 09:42 PM
According to Luke, Scientist doesn't even watch MMA anymore. Luke said he had to inform him that Werdum was now champ.

Yeah. Thats correct. I let him know Werdum beat Cain. Last time I heard from his was fight week . He was in Vegas for a BJJ tourney and was supposed to send me a video. That's the last I've heard from him.

He no longer bets or even watches MMA, he said

Luke
08-17-2015, 09:42 PM
I got JDS right (years ago. still a bad call). Weidman right. Cormier right.. (I guess. technically).

Scientist got Hendricks, Weidman, RDA, Werdum, Cormier.

You got to pick new ones...like I did

Bobby Boulders
08-17-2015, 09:57 PM
Thinking Rockhold has a fair chance of beating Weidman, Condit can beat Lawler (though I'd rather Robbie win), Cain has a fair chance of gaining his belt back against Werdum.

SPX
08-17-2015, 10:01 PM
Awww shit, we got Bobby Boulders in the house! Good to see you around.

I agree on Rockhold. Condit though. . . That's an interesting matchup but I'm just not sure Condit has it. I think if he wins he has to do it on volume while avoiding Robbie's shots. Maybe the strategy he used against Nick Diaz would work.

Luke
08-17-2015, 10:11 PM
Thinking Rockhold has a fair chance of beating Weidman, Condit can beat Lawler (though I'd rather Robbie win), Cain has a fair chance of gaining his belt back against Werdum.

Welcome to the forum.

I think Rockhold and Cain have decent shots, but I was just talking with poopoo the other day about how I think Lawler wins easily. Never know, though

poopoo333
08-17-2015, 10:17 PM
Future Champs:

HW: Stipe Miocic

LHW: If Jones comes back, Jones reigns.

MW: Weidman has it for a long time. I think him and Rockhold fight 2-3x by the way.

WW: Lawler defends for awhile. Can't believe I said that

LW: Tony Ferguson

FW: McGregor will be champ for 1-2 years IMO. I'll still bet Aldo in December if he hits +200 though

BW: Dillashaw. Cruz has to be done

Flyweight: Mighty Mouse forever

BW woman: RR forever

Strawweight: JJ for awhile.

Luke
08-17-2015, 10:23 PM
^^^^Stipe....that might end up being a really good pick

Never even thought of Ferguson. He's been on a roll, though

poopoo333
08-17-2015, 10:33 PM
^^^^Stipe....that might end up being a really good pick

Never even thought of Ferguson. He's been on a roll, though

I think Khabib beats RDA/Cerrone winner. But I think Ferguson contends/can be champ in a couple years. He keeps getting better.

Bobby Boulders
08-18-2015, 03:33 AM
I think Condit, while having more rust than Robbie, more than likely comes in with a better game plan. Jackson's is the master game plan squad, and while I love ATT, and they have coached many top fighters, they only have one champ in all their years: Robbie. Jackson's is known for formidable fighters, and I think with their top tier attitude and ability to coach Condit will grind out a win.

But... I hope Robbie uses his KO power and defends. I just don't think Robbie has the sheer skill to hang with Condit, as Condit is very technical, and Robbie isn't. Hopefully Robbie pressures a rusty Condit to the point Condit is shook and takes it home.

Bobby Boulders
08-18-2015, 03:36 AM
I think Khabib beats RDA/Cerrone winner. But I think Ferguson contends/can be champ in a couple years. He keeps getting better.

I agree. Khabib is pretty much a lock, but who knows if he can keep his streak forever? Ferguson has a pretty good reach for that class, and progresses every fight. He still trained with Bang, which is smart on his part. Up his striking game, win more fights, IMO.

SPX
08-18-2015, 10:21 AM
I agree. Khabib is pretty much a lock, but who knows if he can keep his streak forever?

Not sure why, but a lot of people are acting like Pettis's days as champ are already over. I get that Khabib has great wrestling and that's a Pettis weakness, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if Pettis were to beat him.

I still think Pettis is going to be champ again. Maybe not right now, but at some point in the not-too-distant future.

Luke
08-18-2015, 01:54 PM
Not sure why, but a lot of people are acting like Pettis's days as champ are already over. I get that Khabib has great wrestling and that's a Pettis weakness, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if Pettis were to beat him.

I still think Pettis is going to be champ again. Maybe not right now, but at some point in the not-too-distant future.

His best chance to see the title again is to move to 145

SPX
08-18-2015, 01:55 PM
He's too big for 145. I think his best chance is to get healthy and kick RDA's ass.

Luke
08-18-2015, 01:58 PM
He's too big for 145. I think his best chance is to get healthy and kick RDA's ass.

He's not that much bigger than Conor. I think he coud make 145

SPX
08-18-2015, 02:01 PM
I'll pass on a gaunt, drawn-out Pettis. It might be POSSIBLE for him to make 145 but I think he's right where he belongs considering his height and frame.

Luke
08-18-2015, 02:11 PM
I'll pass on a gaunt, drawn-out Pettis. It might be POSSIBLE for him to make 145 but I think he's right where he belongs considering his height and frame.

If you mean 3rd best fighter in his division, then I agree

Éire
08-18-2015, 08:50 PM
UFC Champs by January 2017:

HW - Cain Velasquez
LHW - Jon Jones
MW - Chris Weidman (Luke Rockhold if Weidman moves to LHW)
WW - Rory MacDonald
LW - Khabib Nurmagomedov
FW - Conor McGregor (Unless he moves up to LW)
BW - TJ Dillashaw
FLW - Mighty Mouse

WBW - Ronda Rousey
SW - Joanna Jedrzejczyk

SPX
08-18-2015, 08:55 PM

HW - Cain Velasquez
LHW - Jon Jones
WW - Rory MacDonald
LW - Khabib Nurmagomedov
BW - TJ Dillashaw
FLW - Mighty Mouse

WBW - Ronda Rousey
SW - Joanna Jedrzejczyk

All sensible picks, I'd say. I can get on board with all of that, but I'm not sure Rory will ever beat Lawler and I have my doubts about Conor beating Aldo. Also, I'd just like to point out that I WANT to see something more like this (not necessarily by January, but sometime in 2017):

HW - JDS
LHW - Rumble
MW - Rockhold
WW - GSP
LW - Pettis
FW - Conor
BW - Cruz
FLW - Dodson

WBW - Ronda Rousey
SW - Joanna Jedrzejczyk

But yeah, there's a lot of wishful thinking there.

Éire
08-18-2015, 09:08 PM
All sensible picks, I'd say. I can get on board with all of that, but I'm not sure Rory will ever beat Lawler and I have my doubts about Conor beating Aldo. Also, I'd just like to point out that I WANT to see something more like this (not necessarily by January, but sometime in 2017):

HW - JDS
LHW - Rumble
MW - Rockhold
WW - GSP
LW - Pettis
FW - Conor
BW - Cruz
FLW - Dodson

WBW - Ronda Rousey
SW - Joanna Jedrzejczyk

But yeah, there's a lot of wishful thinking there.

Haha, sure is.

Dodson, Cruz, Conor and Rockhold are all realistic. GSP is hopeful but if he does come back and take a title shot then I agree that he becomes champ. No way Rumble becomes champ unless Jones retires. JDS and Pettis are REALLY wishful. ::headscratch::

As for Conor. Let me preface this with, I know I have a Conor AV and I know I'm very blatantly biased. But... I don't think Aldo has a chance. I think he gets knocked out within the first 3. I only see Conor having any trouble at LW.

Luke
08-18-2015, 09:13 PM

HW - Cain Velasquez
LHW - Jon Jones
WW - Rory MacDonald
LW - Khabib Nurmagomedov
BW - TJ Dillashaw
FLW - Mighty Mouse

WBW - Ronda Rousey
SW - Joanna Jedrzejczyk

Welcome to the forum, man . I agree with every pick you have, even Rory. He can beat Lawler. That nose was fucked up early and really hurt his chances of winning.

Éire
08-18-2015, 09:22 PM
Welcome to the forum, man . I agree with every pick you have, even Rory. He can beat Lawler. That nose was fucked up early and really hurt his chances of winning.

Something about geniuses and thinking alike comes to mind.

Good to be here, brother.

Ludo
08-18-2015, 09:29 PM
I dunno. I just don't think Rory has the killer instinct he needs to be at the top of the heap. Also, who knows how he's going to come back after getting his nose exploded.

Picks:

HW:
LHW: Jon Jones, assuming he's not in jail. Otherwise I honestly think Glover makes a resurgence.
MW: Jacare
WW: Hendricks or Lawler. Nobody is beating them right now except each other.
LW: I'm going to go out on a limb and say Cowboy wins the belt and defends it twice next year.
FTW: Jose takes the fight with Conor, wins, and promptly wipes his ass with his contract, then retires.
BW: TJ is pretty much the big man on campus(no pun intended) here.
FW: I don't see anyone possibly taking that belt from Mouse other than Dodson.

SPX
08-18-2015, 09:29 PM
JDS and Pettis are REALLY wishful. ::headscratch::

I get the arguments for JDS, but why in the FUCK does everyone think Pettis will never be champ again? This is ANTHONY PETTIS we're talking about! The same Anthony Pettis who put Joe Lauzon on a stretcher, who destroyed Cerrone in less than 3 minutes, who subbed Ben Henderson in the first round, and only person EVER to finish Melendez in all of Melendez's 27 fights.

Anthony Pettis 4 Champ

Éire
08-18-2015, 09:33 PM
I get the arguments for JDS, but why in the FUCK does everyone think Pettis will never be champ again? This is ANTHONY PETTIS we're talking about! The same Anthony Pettis who put Joe Lauzon on a stretcher, who destroyed Cerrone in less than 3 minutes, who subbed Ben Henderson in the first round, and only person EVER to finish Melendez in all of Melendez's 27 fights.

Anthony Pettis 4 Champ

Don't get me wrong, I think if you give him enough time, he could possibly beat RDA in a rematch and I think he's ahead of everyone else in the division.

His one problem:

Khabib.

Luke
08-18-2015, 09:50 PM

Anthony Pettis 4 Champ

And the guy who lost to Clay Guida.....

He does not match up well vs grapplers and most think the top 2 in that divsion are RDA and Khabib, grapplers

Luke
08-18-2015, 09:51 PM
Ludo, you forgot HW

Luke
08-18-2015, 09:53 PM
I'd post my picks by 2017, but it would just mirror Erie's

SPX
08-18-2015, 09:53 PM
He does not match up well vs grapplers and most think the top 2 in that divsion are RDA and Khabib, grapplers

Are Bendo and Melendez not grapplers?

Luke
08-18-2015, 09:55 PM

Not really. Both of them rely on the striking first.

RDA and Khabib rely on there grappling first. The only other person Pettis has fought recently that is a grapple first fighter is Guida, and he lost to him too

Éire
08-18-2015, 10:01 PM

They are but not even remotely near the skill level of Khabib. I actually had no idea how good RDA's grappling was until his last fight but I guess he's up there which is really saying something about Khabib since he literally threw him wherever he wanted to. That said, Pettis does have a shot of catching Khabib with a sub or a shot before Khabib grabs him. I just think it's extremely unlikely.

Ludo
08-18-2015, 10:07 PM
They are but not even remotely near the skill level of Khabib. I actually had no idea how good RDA's grappling was until his last fight but I guess he's up there which is really saying something about Khabib since he literally threw him wherever he wanted to. That said, Pettis does have a shot of catching Khabib with a sub or a shot before Khabib grabs him. I just think it's extremely unlikely.

I wouldn't call Khabib elite, really. He has great strength and whatnot, and he closes the distance well enough. But his top game is shit.

Éire
08-18-2015, 10:11 PM
I wouldn't call Khabib elite, really. He has great strength and whatnot, and he closes the distance well enough. But his top game is shit.

While you're right that his top game isn't the best, once he has a hold of you, it isn't easy to stop him from doing whatever he wants to you.

IXIThe Notorious1IXI
08-19-2015, 12:29 AM
by the end of 2015

Cain
Cormier
Rockhold
Condit
RDA
McGregor
Dodson
Cruz

Ronda
JJ

SPX
08-19-2015, 12:32 AM
^^^ Welcome, bro. Good to see you over here!

Interesting list, especially since you're saying 2015. You really think Cruz will make it back in time? What's your breakdown of MM/Dodson?

Ludo
08-19-2015, 02:29 AM
While you're right that his top game isn't the best, once he has a hold of you, it isn't easy to stop him from doing whatever he wants to you.

True enough. I just think to be considered "elite" you need to either be able to finish people, threaten to finish people, or at the very least keep them from doing what they want to do(which in most cases is get back to their feet). There's a reason Khabib had to take Trujillo down like 27 times in a 3 round fight.

Ludo
08-19-2015, 02:30 AM
Ludo, you forgot HW

Werdum. I just think he's the worst matchup possible for Cain. Elite grappler from the top or bottom, vastly improved striking, and a clinch game that keeps Cain from employing the "JDS strategy".

Luke
08-19-2015, 01:09 PM
Werdum. I just think he's the worst matchup possible for Cain. Elite grappler from the top or bottom, vastly improved striking, and a clinch game that keeps Cain from employing the "JDS strategy".

Before the first fight, I didn't realize Cain was so scared to go into his guard. Assumed he'd GnP for a couple rounds, tire him, then TKO him. Wrong, wrong, and Wong

Ludo
08-19-2015, 04:13 PM
Before the first fight, I didn't realize Cain was so scared to go into his guard. Assumed he'd GnP for a couple rounds, tire him, then TKO him. Wrong, wrong, and Wong

Cain knows what's up. I don't think he was wary of it initially. He did take Werdum down in the first round, and even ended up in side control. But he figured out within 10 seconds that he wasn't going to be able to keep Werdum from regaining guard, and he also wasn't going to be able to advance/deal any damage without placing himself in a compromising position relatively quickly. So he abandoned the ground game until he had no other options, and that's when he got choked out.