PDA

View Full Version : The Fedor Situation

SPX
08-18-2015, 12:22 AM
So a few days ago, a tweet went out that said Fedor had received two offers: One from Bellator and one from the UFC, and the UFC offer was much more lucrative.

And then MMA Fighting published this:

"We haven't had any talks with Fedor and his people," said Coker, who promoted four fights with Emelianenko when he ran the Strikeforce promotion.

Coker gave the impression that isn't a direction he's looking at going, noting Emelianenko's price tag may not make sense for Bellator as a pure television product. He also noted Emelianenko went 1-3 in Strikeforce, and that it would be a difficult deal to put together.

So what do y'all think? Did Coker realize that they can't match the UFC's offer and now they're acting like they don't want him? And is Fedor FINALLY coming to the UFC? And if so, how well does he do?

Ludo
08-18-2015, 12:14 PM
I don't think Fedor does very well. He's not fighting because he cares about his legacy, or has the fire back, he's fighting again because Aleks got sent to jail for kidnapping and sexual assault or some shit, and someone needs to pay those legal fees. He's older, has a fuck ton of mileage, hasn't been training for the last three years, and didn't look all that good in his last few as it was.

I can see Fedor cracking the top ten given the right matchups, but I don't see him entering the top 5 by any stretch.

SPX
08-18-2015, 12:24 PM
Awwww SHIT! Ludo's in the fucking house! Ninja turtle avatar and all!

I didn't know that about Aleks. But it brings up some questions. Like, where the fuck is all of Fedor's money. He has made a SHITLOAD in his career and he lives in some modest apartment in Russia. He should be loaded. Like, literally millions of dollars in the bank.

Ludo
08-18-2015, 12:28 PM

I didn't know that about Aleks. But it brings up some questions. Like, where the fuck is all of Fedor's money. He has made a SHITLOAD in his career and he lives in some modest apartment in Russia. He should be loaded. Like, literally millions of dollars in the bank.

http://mmajunkie.com/2015/05/pride-vet-aleksander-emelianenko-sentenced-to-4-5-years-for-sexual-assault

The trial lasted quite a while, and I'm sure Fedor was supporting Aleks and the rest of his family since his retirement, not to mention, he's apparently been trying to grow the sport in Russia, so he probably dumped a ton of money into that as well.

SPX
08-18-2015, 12:52 PM
Interesting. It's kind of curious how Fedor is this responsible God-fearing sort of dude and his brother is this crazy, possibly psychopathic fuck.

This pic just SCREAMS crazy:

https://usatmmajunkie.files.wordpress.com/2015/05/aleksander-emelianenko-court.jpg?w=1000

Ludo
08-18-2015, 12:56 PM
Interesting. It's kind of curious how Fedor is this responsible God-fearing sort of dude and his brother is this crazy, possibly psychopathic fuck.

https://usatmmajunkie.files.wordpress.com/2015/05/aleksander-emelianenko-court.jpg?w=1000

Yeah. Aleks was always kind of a thug. I remember hearing shit about him being involved with the russian mob during his time at PRIDE.

Luke
08-18-2015, 02:17 PM

Think we have a new leader for the next Joker

Luke
08-18-2015, 02:18 PM

How much money do you think he had/made in his career?

Luke
08-18-2015, 02:20 PM
As for Fedor, I have no idea where he lands. I'd say Bellator is more likely because of his relationship with Coker....and the fact he keeps showing up to Bellator shit. I mean, if he was getting ready to sign with the UFC, why would he continue to go to Bellator events?

I'd like to see Fedor fight Couture, Kimbo...fights like that and then disappear again. UFC HW's are just too big anymore for him to compete with, for the most part

Luke
08-18-2015, 02:53 PM
My prediction: Bellator anounces Fedor signing on their Sept 19th card

SPX
08-18-2015, 02:56 PM
How much money do you think he had/made in his career?

Millions. Pretty sure that from Affliction alone he made a few million. And I think the Strikeforce deal was quite lucrative. And then who knows what all he made in Pride. Then there's the endorsements. . .

Luke
08-18-2015, 04:22 PM
Millions. Pretty sure that from Affliction alone he made a few million. And I think the Strikeforce deal was quite lucrative. And then who knows what all he made in Pride. Then there's the endorsements. . .

Im not really shocked. Athletes go broke every day.

Mr. IWS
09-24-2015, 06:01 PM
My prediction: Bellator anounces Fedor signing on their Sept 19th card

::praise::

Luke
09-24-2015, 06:31 PM
My prediction: Bellator announces Fedor signing on their Sept 19th card

Suck it, queers!

poopoo333
09-24-2015, 08:03 PM
Just read on twitter that Fedor signed with the UFC

SPX
09-24-2015, 08:40 PM
Did I miss something?

edman5555
09-24-2015, 10:26 PM
How do we know fedor went broke? Whats this tiny apartment stuff?

Mr. IWS
09-25-2015, 10:02 AM
He signed with the UFC guys.

zY|
09-25-2015, 01:42 PM
Just read on twitter that Fedor signed with the UFC

John McClane called and told me the same thing over a month ago. You can't rely on these mainstream sites.

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/639216579641675776/u9d9Fbfi.jpg

Luke
09-25-2015, 02:19 PM
Glad Zak found the other Fedor thread Zy was talking about.

Luke
09-25-2015, 02:20 PM
Did I miss something?

No sure what you were looking for