PDA

View Full Version : UFC 192: Cormier vs. Gustafsson October 3rd

Luke
08-19-2015, 01:15 PM
https://www.bestfightodds.com/events/990.png

Éire
08-19-2015, 07:43 PM
DC via UD 49-46 (Although I really want Gus to win.)
Rashad via TKO 3RD RD.
Hendricks via UD 30-27
Joey B via Sub 3RD RD.

Will probably put a little money on Gus and Rashad.

SPX
08-19-2015, 07:51 PM
Will probably put a little money on Gus and Rashad.

Rashad fucking destroyed Sonnen in his last fight, but that also was two years ago. So I'd be a little cautious. I really think it's hard to know what we're going to get from him considering not only the layoff but also the fact that he's 35 and fighting an underrated middleweight who's on a four fight win streak.

Éire
08-19-2015, 07:59 PM
Rashad fucking destroyed Sonnen in his last fight, but that also was two years ago. So I'd be a little cautious. I really think it's hard to know what we're going to get from him considering not only the layoff but also the fact that he's 35 and fighting an underrated middleweight who's on a four fight win streak.

Agree. Bader keeps proving me wrong lol. Unless Rashad comes in looking like literal shit, I don't think Bader has a chance. I said that about the Davis fight too though. (Fuck that though, Phil won that fight.)

SPX
08-19-2015, 08:02 PM
I think Bader is underrated and has been since he got murdered by Jones. In their primes, yeah, Rashad beats him 9 out of 10 times.

And it's not like Rashad is any stranger to looking like literal shit. That's exactly what he looked like against Lil' Nog.

Luke
08-19-2015, 08:05 PM
Last time Rashad came in off a layoff he lost to Lil Nog. That layoff was only one year, this one is two. Bader really thinks he deserves a title shot so I think he'll be the more motivated one. Rashad on the other hand plays on FS1 all the time and that seems to be his plan after he retires.

Ill be on Bader or pass

Éire
08-19-2015, 08:29 PM
Last time Rashad came in off a layoff he lost to Lil Nog. That layoff was only one year, this one is two. Bader really thinks he deserves a title shot so I think he'll be the more motivated one. Rashad on the other hand plays on FS1 all the time and that seems to be his plan after he retires.

Ill be on Bader or pass

All good points. You're making me rethink my bet here.

Luke
08-19-2015, 08:39 PM
All good points. You're making me rethink my bet here.

I've been burnt too many times taking guys coming off long layoffs....no more. I'm honestly leaning on just passing

Ludo
08-20-2015, 01:09 AM
Agree. Bader keeps proving me wrong lol. Unless Rashad comes in looking like literal shit, I don't think Bader has a chance. I said that about the Davis fight too though. (Fuck that though, Phil won that fight.)

Nobody won that fight. Neither one of them did fuck all for fifteen minutes. I honestly would have been fine with a draw. They both deserved to have L's on their record for that fight.

CriticalHit
08-20-2015, 04:23 PM
I think I had the Bader/Davis fight a 30-29 Bader. Really an uninteresting marginal fight.

Ludo
08-20-2015, 04:39 PM
I think I had the Bader/Davis fight a 30-29 Bader. Really an uninteresting marginal fight.

Very much so. It was honestly so uneventful, I didn't even care who the judges picked. I would have been fine with a majority draw, even. I can count on one hand the amount of meaningful strikes in that fight. Round 3 was the only round worth paying attention to, since they landed 16 and 11 strikes in the first two rounds combined. When you have two guys landing less than 2 strikes a minute through ten minutes, with no successful takedowns, then something is seriously amiss.

SPX
08-20-2015, 05:09 PM
Very much so. It was honestly so uneventful, I didn't even care who the judges picked.

It's always interesting when people say things like this. "The fight bored me so the winner didn't deserve to win."

Ludo
08-20-2015, 05:40 PM
It's always interesting when people say things like this. "The fight bored me so the winner didn't deserve to win."

I didn't say it bored me. I said it was uneventful. It was like watching a sparring session. Who gives a shit who wins when it looks like neither one of them is even trying to win?

Ludo
08-20-2015, 05:42 PM
By the way, I'm still kind of upset that Bader isn't getting a title shot instead of Gus. He was literally the only guy in the top 10 with any kind of winning streak, and he got passed up for a guy who lost two of his last three, an who's only win was against an unproven prospect as a rebound fight.

Luke
08-20-2015, 05:48 PM
True story: Ryan Bader landed a total of 12 strikes in rds 1& 2 and somehow won one of those rds

Ludo
08-20-2015, 05:49 PM
True story: Ryan Bader landed a total of 12 strikes in rds 1& 2 and somehow won one of those rds

The judges need to be a lot more liberal with 10-10 and 10-8 rounds.

Luke
08-20-2015, 05:50 PM
The judges need to be a lot more liberal with 10-10 and 10-8 rounds.

I agree . 30-29 probably was the right score

SPX
08-20-2015, 08:43 PM
Who gives a shit who wins when it looks like neither one of them is even trying to win?

When we're talking about a professional athletic contest you have to judge it as such. Both guys were probably just overly cautious. I'm sure it wasn't a situation where they literally didn't give a shit.

Ludo
08-21-2015, 01:00 AM
When we're talking about a professional athletic contest you have to judge it as such. Both guys were probably just overly cautious. I'm sure it wasn't a situation where they literally didn't give a shit.

Could have fooled me. Honestly. It looked like neither guy was motivated by anything other than not getting knocked the fuck out. Like two Machida's post Shogun, or two Bispings right after the H-bomb incident fighting each other. Neither guy was going after anything other than busy work. There were no takedowns in the first two rounds, and they landed 12 and 16 strikes in those two rounds. Not each, combined. Bader has 12 strikes, Davis had 16 landed with 0 successful takedowns through 10 minutes.

If they were treating it like a professional contest they sure as fuck didn't do a very good job showing people that.

poopoo333
09-13-2015, 03:20 PM
I am a Cormier nut hugger, but I think Gus is the play at +300. This will be my first time ever not betting on Cormier in one of his fights ever.

Remember when you homos called me crazy for unloading on Cormier against Bigfoot at +140?

poopoo333
09-13-2015, 03:20 PM
Also, lock of the card: Juliana Pena.

edman5555
09-13-2015, 04:07 PM
I am with you on Gus. I think the style favors him.

zY|
09-15-2015, 06:36 PM
Dana Black looks suspiciously like Shaq.

poopoo333
09-30-2015, 05:33 PM
Cormier/Gustafsson goes 5 round distance -105

Over 3.5 rounds -140

Those are great bets IMO. I will probably take the over 3.5 just to be safe.

I am a huge Cormier fan. In fact, if somebody asked me who my favorite guy in the UFC is, it would be DC.

However...my money is on Gus here. It will be my first time ever betting against Cormier since I started gambling on fights.