PDA

View Full Version : Saturday 4-14-18 Free Plays / Trends / Betting Info / Etc

Can'tPickAWinner
04-09-2018, 10:04 PM
Members post your personal plays in the various sports forums @ IWS and our betting trackers!

NFL
http://www.investwithsports.com/newf...3-NFL-Football (http://www.investwithsports.com/newforum/forumdisplay.php?53-NFL-Football)

College Football
http://www.investwithsports.com/newf...-NCAA-Football (http://www.investwithsports.com/newforum/forumdisplay.php?54-NCAA-Football)

Baseball
http://www.investwithsports.com/newf...57-ML-Baseball (http://www.investwithsports.com/newforum/forumdisplay.php?57-ML-Baseball)

College Basketball
http://www.investwithsports.com/newf...CAA-Basketball (http://www.investwithsports.com/newforum/forumdisplay.php?55-NCAA-Basketball)

NBA
http://www.investwithsports.com/newf...NBA-Basketball (http://www.investwithsports.com/newforum/forumdisplay.php?56-NBA-Basketball)

NHL
http://www.investwithsports.com/newf...?58-NHL-Hockey (http://www.investwithsports.com/newforum/forumdisplay.php?58-NHL-Hockey)

Can'tPickAWinner
04-14-2018, 07:59 AM
San Antonio Spurs vs. Golden State Warriors Preview and Predictions 04-14-2018

13th April 2018 by Gracenote
the san antonio spurs thought they had a chance to knock off the golden state warriors in the western conference finals last season and held a big lead in game 1 until superstar kawhi leonard went down with an ankle injury. leonard will be missing again when the teams meet a couple rounds earlier this spring, with the second-seeded warriors hosting the seventh-seeded spurs in game 1 of the first-round series on saturday.

leonard missed all but nine games this season while trying to rehabilitate a quad injury but san antonio still managed to secure its 21st consecutive playoff appearance behind all-star forward lamarcus aldridge and a solid supporting cast that still includes 40-year-old future hall of famer manu ginobili. "we all know that we are not favorites, that we are underdogs," ginobili told reporters. "but also, if we are underdogs, there is a reason we are underdogs, and that is they are better at this point. to (counter that), we have got to play above where we have been playing, especially on the road. we don't have homecourt advantage, so we really have to improve in many ways." the warriors are not heading into the postseason at 100 percent, either, and two-time mvp stephen curry (knee) is not expected to be available in the first round. "it's what i took from my san antonio days," golden state coach steve kerr, who won a pair of championships as a player with san antonio, told reporters of the key injury: "stuff happens. we went in one year without tim duncan. ... you just don't know what's coming. so, you just prepare, and you do your best and you fight and you stay together."
tv: 3 p.m. et, abc
about the spurs (47-35): second-year point guard dejounte murray found himself thrust into the rotation in the western conference finals last season after tony parker went down with an injury, but he is more comfortable now after spending most of 2017-18 as the starter. "it's a new year, new playoffs," murray told reporters. "we've got to execute the game plan. coach has a good game plan and we've got to go out - it's up to the players to execute the game plan. it's not going to be perfect, but we can still execute and get the best out of it." murray adds some youth to a roster that leans heavily on the likes of ginobili, pau gasol, age 37, danny green, 30, and rudy gay, 31.

about the warriors (58-24): golden state is 17-14 this season in games missed by curry, but the team will lean on all-stars kevin durant, klay thompson and draymond green in the first round. durant, who dealt with a rib injury late in the regular season, averaged 26.4 points on 51.6 percent shooting and has the confidence of his teammates to lead the way. "we all want steph to be here," quinn cook, who is starting in place of curry, told reporters, "but it gives us so much confidence knowing that we have another one of the greatest players to ever play the game."
buzzer beaters
1. spurs sf kyle anderson is starting in leonard's spot and averages 7.9 points on 52.7 percent shooting and 5.4 rebounds.
2. cook is averaging 14.6 points and shooting 47.1 percent from 3-point range in 18 games as a starter.
3. san antonio snapped an eight-game losing streak in the series - including playoffs - when it earned an 89-75 home win over a golden state team that was missing curry, durant and thompson on march 19.

prediction: warriors 110, spurs 106

Can'tPickAWinner
Washington Wizards vs. Toronto Raptors Preview and Predictions 04-14-2018

the toronto raptors set a franchise record for wins during the regular season and earned the top seed in the eastern conference for the first time in team history. the raptors will set about trying to make the deepest postseason run in franchise history when they start by hosting the eighth-seeded washington wizards in game 1 of their first-round series on saturday.

toronto was swept in the first round by the wizards in 2015 but is a different team now with only three players remaining from that squad, including center jonas valanciunas. "finally, we find that connection with each other," valanciunas told reporters of the team's growth. "we became better players. we were good individual players, but now we are better as a team, as one unit. there's been a lot of saying, like, there's no 'i' in team. so, finally we probably got it, and now it feels great to play on this team. ... i'm not saying that it's never been great, but it feels better. it feels like, just enjoy the playoffs." washington is a different team as well and is just looking to steal one game in toronto at the start of the series. "we know that we got a tough task ahead of ourselves," wizards backup center jason smith told the washington post. "we know we can go up there, we squeak out one game, if we win the second game. we come back home, the home crowd's behind us -- that's where the fun begins. like i said, we don't have the pressure on us. we're the underdog this year. i like being the underdog."
tv: 5:30 p.m. et, espn, nbcs washington, sportsnet one (toronto)
about the wizards (43-39): washington stumbled to the end of the regular season with losses in nine of the last 12 games to fall from contention for a top-four seed all the way down to eighth in the east. "if you look at the big picture, we've struggled this past 10 days or so," wizards coach scott brooks told reporters. "but prior to that, the story to me was that we battled and fought and put ourselves into playoff position, and we did it with john (wall) missing half of the season. for some strange reason, we didn't finish the job. these last 10 or 12 days we've been up and down. we've let go of the rope a little bit." wall missed over two months with a knee injury before returning on march 31 and he averaged 28.5 points and 13.5 rebounds over his last two games.
about the raptors (59-23): the next milestone toronto needs to achieve is winning game 1 of a first-round postseason series for the first time. "it's a phenomenon," raptors coach dwane casey told reporters. "there is always that one hurdle you've got to overcome. that's the major one we've got to overcome. "it's got to be mental more than anything." all-star point guard kyle lowry, who combined with fellow all-star demar derozan to go 9-of-32 from the field in a game 1 loss to the milwaukee bucks last spring, suggested the team approach game 1 like a game 7.
buzzer beaters
1. wizards sg jodie meeks will miss the postseason after being handed a 25-game suspension for a violation of the nba/nbpa anti-drug program on friday.
2. raptors sf cj miles went 2-of-14 from 3-point range in the final two regular-season games.

3. the teams split four meetings in the regular season, though wall missed all four matchups.

prediction: raptors 116, wizards 103

Can'tPickAWinner
Miami Heat vs. Philadelphia 76ers Preview and Predictions 04-14-2018

the philadelphia 76ers enter the postseason on a roll but will be without all-star center joel embiid when they host the miami heat in saturday's opening game of the eastern conference first-round series. embiid missed the final eight games of the regular season with an orbital fracture but his absence didn't stop the 76ers from stretching their winning streak to a franchise-record 16 straight games.

embiid will likely wear a mask when he returns and his responses indicate that a game 2 return is possible. "obviously, i want to play, but right now i feel like i'm not ready yet," embiid told reporters. "it's getting better. i've got to keep working. with the way it's been progressing, i'm hopeful to be back soon." the third-seeded 76ers are a feel-good story after losing more than 50 games in each of the previous four seasons but will be tested by a miami squad that is in the playoffs for the eighth time in erik spoelstra's 10 seasons as coach. "we feel we're battle-tested," spoelstra told reporters. "i don't know if there's a team right now in the league more battle-tested than us in close games."
tv: 8 p.m. et, espn, fs sun (miami), nbcs philadelphia
about the heat (44-38): all-star point guard goran dragic missed the regular-season finale with a bone bruise in his right knee but indicated that he expects to be in the lineup for saturday's opener. "i'm doing everything that i can," dragic told reporters. "probably, i'm going to feel it a little bit, but it's not going to bother me. that's the only thing that i'm about, i can play through the pain." dragic leads the squad in scoring (17.3) and assists (4.8) and his fitness will be crucial as he will be called on to slow down standout philadelphia rookie ben simmons.
about the 76ers (52-30): simmons recorded 10 or more assists on 10 occasions during philadelphia's 16-game winning streak and he averages 15.8 points, 8.2 assists and 8.1 rebounds. he recorded 12 triple-doubles, second all-time among rookies behind legendary oscar robertson (26 in 1960-61) and either simmons or utah guard donovan mitchell will win rookie of the year honors. the 76ers have fared well without embiid's 22.9 points and 11 rebounds and that impressed coach brett brown with one disclaimer - "i feel like what we've been doing without joel is good, but what you should hear completely the loudest is that i can't wait for him to get back," brown told reporters.
buzzer beaters

1. the teams split four regular-season meetings, with the home team winning on each occasion.

2. philadelphia sg jj redick (back) will play after missing the regular-season finale - he averaged 21.9 points over his last nine games.

3. miami sg dwyane wade needs 27 points to surpass legendary larry bird (3,897) and move into 10th place on the nba's postseason scoring list.

prediction: 76ers 109, heat 104

Can'tPickAWinner
New Orleans Pelicans vs. Portland Trail Blazers Preview and Predictions 04-14-2018

five-time all-star anthony davis has never been part of a postseason victory during his stellar career and he looks to change that fact when the new orleans pelicans open their western conference first-round series on saturday against the host portland trail blazers. the pelicans were swept in four games by the golden state warriors in 2015 in davis' lone previous playoff experience.

sixth-seeded new orleans won its final five games of the regular season and recorded its third-highest victory total (48) in franchise history, and the prime reason is the 25-year-old davis, the star power forward who averaged 28.1 points, 11.1 rebounds and 2.6 blocked shots. "even though he's younger than me and i've been in the league (three) years longer, he's someone you look up to, especially in an environment where everything is kind of ego-driven," 27-year-old guard jrue holiday told reporters. "there is an aura (in the nba) of having selfishness, and him being our leader and franchise player, but not having any of that, it sets the tone." portland features its own ego-free superstar in point guard damian lillard, who averaged 26.9 points during the third all-star season of his standout career. the trail blazers are the third seed in the west, their best positioning since also being the no. 3 seed in 2000, when they reached the western conference finals before losing a seven-game series to the los angeles lakers.

tv: 10:30 p.m. et, espn, fs new orleans, nbcs northwest (portland)
about the pelicans (48-34): davis averaged 31.5 points, 11 rebounds and three blocked shots in his previous playoff experience and he is primed for another opportunity on the postseason stage as he guides a team that is mostly filled with role players. "we've got one guy who is a big dog but other than that, a lot of guys flying under the radar, who haven't been nationally exposed in a lot of games in their career," point guard rajon rondo told reporters of the roster. "this will be a great stage for everyone on our team." new orleans persevered despite a season-ending injury to all-star center demarcus cousins with holiday (career-high 19-point average) among the players who picked up the scoring slack.
about the trail blazers (49-33): having homecourt advantage is big for a portland team that won 21 of its last 24 home contests and is supremely confident inside the moda center. the trail blazers are hoping center jusuf nurkic will be up to the task of slowing davis while also building on his career-best averages of 14.3 points and nine rebounds to go along with a career-high 27 double-doubles. shooting guard cj mccollum (21.4) is a strong scoring complement to lillard but his second-worst outing of the season came against the pelicans just two-plus weeks ago, when he tallied seven points on 3-of-19 shooting.
buzzer beaters
1. the teams split four regular-season meetings, with the most recent encounter won 107-103 by portland on march 27 when lillard scored 41 points and davis tallied 36 for new orleans.

2. portland sf maurice harkless (knee surgery on march 28) will miss at least the first two games and possibly the entire series.

3. rondo has played in 96 postseason games during his 12-year career with averages of 14.4 points and 9.1 assists.

prediction: trail blazers 113, pelicans 110

Can'tPickAWinner
04-14-2018, 08:00 AM
New Jersey Devils vs. Tampa Bay Lightning Preview and Predictions 04-14-2018

the tampa bay lightning look to put their depth on display again when they host the new jersey devils on saturday afternoon in game 2 of their first-round eastern conference playoff series. the lightning received one late point from their top line thursday, but ondrej palat posted three while tyler johnson and yanni gourde recorded two apiece in a solid 5-2 game 1 victory.

nikita kucherov, a 100-point scorer this season, registered an empty-net goal while top-line partners j.t. miller and captain steven stamkos were kept off the scoresheet as tampa bay's other three trios took the lead thursday. "it gives us confidence, but saturday is also a new game," palat told reporters after notching a goal and two assists. "it's going to start 0-0. we just need to keep the momentum going and play like we did in the first and third period (thursday)." the devils outshot the lightning 15-7 in the middle period and closed within a goal midway through the third, but never could quite recover from a slow start. "we looked a little bit tentative, a little bit unsure, but i thought we settled into the game, particularly in the second period," new jersey coach john hynes told reporters. "i thought the second half of the game was a little more of how we wanted to play. we'll regroup and we'll be a better team saturday."
tv: 3 p.m. et, nbc, cnbc, tva2, sportsnet east, sportsnet ontario
about the devils: hart trophy candidate taylor hall recorded a goal and an assist in his first career playoff game thursday, but the left wing along with his linemates kyle palmieri and nico hischier had a combined minus-5 rating. travis zajac, who centered a gritty line with blake coleman and stefan noesen, scored the other goal for new jersey on thursday and had seven tallies in the team's last playoff run in 2011-12. goalie keith kinkaid, who went 7-0-1 to end the regular season and earned the start, turned aside 27 of the 31 shots he faced in his first postseason appearance in game 1.
about the lightning: gourde missed two point-blank chances in the first period of his first playoff game, but scored a power-play goal in the second and set up linemate alex killorn's tally that put tampa bay up 4-2 with 7:46 to go. "yanni gourde was being yanni gourde," coach jon cooper told reporters. "he's not afraid to go anywhere on the ice. he's like a little water bug out there. he's hard on pucks. he's quick on pucks. but the big thing is he's right around the net." the palat-brayden point-johnson line, which was often matched with hall's unit, combined for six points and eight shots.
overtime

1. devils d sami vatanen, who played 40 playoff games with anaheim before being acquired in midseason, logged a team-high 26:32 of ice time thursday.

2. kucherov (23) and johnson (22) are closing in on vincent lecavalier (24) for second on franchise's all-time playoff goal-scoring list.

3. new jersey c pavel zacha was 2-10 in the faceoff circle as the devils lost that battle 38-35 overall in game 1.

prediction: lightning 5, devils 1

Can'tPickAWinner
Colorado Avalanche vs. Nashville Predators Preview and Predictions 04-14-2018

filip forsberg etched his name among the nashville predators' heavyweights in postseason points, perhaps appropriate since the team is in the midst of a franchise season. after scoring twice in the opener, forsberg looks to net the presidents' trophy-winning predators their 11th straight victory over the visiting colorado avalanche and a 2-0 lead in the western conference first-round series on saturday afternoon.

forsberg's third-period tallies in thursday's 5-2 win gave him 17 points (10 goals, seven assists) in his last 12 games overall and 28 (17 goals, 11 assists) in the postseason to match defenseman shea weber and david legwand for the most in franchise history. the 23-year-old swede has flustered colorado to the tune of 15 goals and 11 assists in 21 career encounters, but the avalanche weren't in awe of the high-powered predators and took it to the top seed en route to seizing a 2-1 lead early in the second period. "i think the first two periods we outplayed them for big parts of it," colorado coach jared bednar said. "we've got a big one here on saturday. we're going to try to steal that one and get them back to the pepsi center where we're really good." the avalanche's top line of mikko rantanen, potential hart trophy candidate nathan mackinnon and captain gabriel landeskog were not too good in the opener, however, finishing with a collective minus-6 rating.
tv: 3 p.m. et, nbc, cnbc, sportsnet west, sportsnet pacific, tvas
about the avalanche: defenseman nikita zadorov recorded a career-high seven goals this season and also tallied on thursday while making his playoff debut. the 22-year-old russian was not alone as forwards sven andrighetto, j.t. compher, tyson jost, alexander kerfoot and rantanen as well defensemen samuel girard and david warsosky also played in their first postseason game. "it's a good way to learn, being in these high-pressure, high-intensity games. not a ton of playoff experience, but sometimes that is a good thing," said the 32-year-old blake comeau, who scored in the second period for his second postseason goal and first since he played for pittsburgh during its first-round series against the new york rangers in 2015.

about the predators: likely vezina trophy finalist pekka rinne turned aside 25 shots in game 1 to move past antti niemi for the most playoff wins by a goaltender born in finland. ryan johansen notched a pair of assists to boost his point total to 10 (three goals, seven assists) in his past 11 games. fellow forward austin watson joined colton sissons by scoring and setting up a goal, giving watson eight points (five goals, three assists) in his past 15 outings.
overtime

1. colorado g jonathan bernier has permitted 16 goals during his last five outings (1-3-1).

2. nashville c craig smith scored in game 1, giving him five goals and eight points in his last seven contests.

3. the avalanche's eighth-ranked power play went 0-for-3 on thursday after going 7-for-14 in the previous five games.

prediction: predators 3, avalanche 1

Can'tPickAWinner
Toronto Maple Leafs vs. Boston Bruins Preview and Predictions 04-14-2018

the boston bruins struggled down the stretch but they showed no carry-over effects from the late-season slump in their playoff opener. the bruins turned in a dominating performance in a 5-1 victory over the toronto maple leafs on thursday and look to take a 2-0 lead in the best-of-seven set when the eastern conference first-round series resumes saturday night at td garden.

toronto chances of earning a split in boston and climbing back into the series received a jarring setback when 32-goal scorer nazem kadri was handed a three-game suspension friday for a dangerous hit on bruins forward tommy wingels in the third period. while kadri maintained after that game that he "certainly wasn't trying to hit him while he was down like that," the nhl department of player safety deemed that he drove "recklessly into the defenseless wingels, causing his head to dangerously impact the boards." after losing four of their last five games to squander the no. 1 seed in the east, the bruins turned up the throttle by launching 40 shots on goal and scoring three times on the power play in the opener. "i think as a collective unit we all just looked at each other and said it's time to go out there and do our thing and not be distracted by anything," boston forward david backes said.
tv: 8 p.m. et, nbc, cbc, tvas
about the maple leafs: anticipating the suspension of kadri, toronto coach mike babcock shuffled three of his four lines at friday's practice, elevating leo komarov to the top line while dropping zach hyman to play alongside mitch marner and patrick marleau, who will slide over to kadri's center slot. andreas johnsson, a scratch for the series opener, took komarov's spot on the fourth line and replaced kadri on the top power-play unit, which failed on all three chances in game 1. babcock rationalized the obstacles awaiting his team by telling reporters friday: "if you play like we did last night, you probably deserve a little adversity."
about the bruins: boston's no. 1 line has set the tone all season and little changed in game 1 as david pastrnak, brad marchand and patrice bergeron combined for six points, with pastrnak scoring once and setting up a pair of goals. the bruins also got a goal and assist from second-line center david krejci, who has a history of coming up big in the postseason by leading the team in scoring in its last two trips to the stanley cup finals. center riley nash, who has missed six straight games due to a lacerated ear, is not expected back after practicing friday in a non-contact jersey while wingels was being evaluated and is listed as questionable.

overtime
1. pastrnak has three goals and four assists in five meetings with toronto this season..

2. the suspension was the fourth of kadri's career, tied for third among active players.

3. bruins d torey krug collected two assists in the opener, boosting his season total to six points versus the maple leafs.

prediction: bruins 4, maple leafs 2

Can'tPickAWinner
San Jose Sharks vs. Anaheim Ducks Preview and Predictions 04-14-2018

a potent offensive punch displayed by evander kane made him one of the marquee names available at this season's nhl trade deadline. the san jose sharks tried their luck with kane, and the 26-year-old provided the knockout with two goals in his postseason debut to send the sharks into honda center on saturday bidding for a 2-0 lead in their western conference first-round series against the anaheim ducks.

kane, who ended a 574-game postseason absence in thursday's 3-0 win over anaheim, relished the taste of postseason play after spending the bulk of his career forced into hockey-less springs while toiling with atlanta/winnipeg and buffalo. "it was nice to finally get out in the playoff atmosphere. obviously nice to get my first win in the playoffs too. now, to focus on game 2," said the physical forward, who has 10 goals in his last 11 games and 16 points (11 goals, five assists) in 18 contests since being acquired from the sabres. kane's first goal came on a two-man advantage for the sharks, with ducks coach randy carlyle lamenting his team making grooves in the ice as they skated toward the penalty box. "you can't afford to take seven minor (penalties) and give the opposition an opportunity to practice their power play," carlyle said. "it takes any momentum that you had building in the game. it flips everything in their favor."
tv: 10:30 p.m. et, nbcsn, sportsnet360, tvas, nbcs california (san jose), prime (anaheim)
about the sharks: martin jones turned in his worst season in terms of goals-against average (2.55) and yielded 20 goals in his last six outings (2-4-0) down the stretch only to turn the tables with a 25-save performance in the series opener for his fifth playoff shutout. demoralizing the ducks is nothing new for the 28-year-old, who turned aside 78 of 83 shots to post a 2-0-1 mark in three encounters against anaheim during the regular season and thursday's performance increased his save percentage to .928 in 33 career playoff games. reigning norris trophy winner brent burns, who led the team in assists (55) and points (67), scored to cap san jose's three-goal second period and captain joe pavelski notched a pair of assists to give him 22 points (seven goals, 15 assists) in his last 20 games.
about the ducks: anaheim captain ryan getzlaf isn't willing to overreact to just one loss, even if it was a shutout and marked just the third setback in the team's last 13 games overall (10-2-1) and first in its last eight home games. "we just have to regroup. it's one game. best of seven. ... we have to understand what we did wrong and build from it now," said getzlaf, who may know a thing or two about this as he's appeared in 122 playoff games. the 32-year-old getzlaf had a team-leading six assists and eight points in the season series versus san jose.
overtime

1. san jose rw timo meier had an assist on wednesday to push his point total to five (two goals, three assists) in his last six games.
2. anaheim c adam henrique (20 goals) and lw jakob silfverberg (17 goals) failed to record a shot on goal in the opener, while c ryan kesler (nine-time 20-goal scorer) suffered the same fate after hitting the post.
3. sharks c joe thornton (knee) was on the ice for warmups before sitting out in game 1 and likely will do the same in saturday's tilt.

prediction: ducks 2, sharks 1

Can'tPickAWinner
04-14-2018, 08:01 AM
Handicapped by Rick Needham at Aqueduct

RACE #3 - AQUEDUCT - 2:18 PM EASTERN POST
The Plenty of Grace Stakes
8.0 FURLONGS OUTER TURF FILLIES AND MARES FOUR YEARS OLD AND UPWARD STAKES $100,000.00 PURSE

#2 MY IMPRESSION
#1 FIFTY FIVE
#3 UNI
#5 NOT TAKEN

Well folks, here in the 4th running of a stakes event named after multiple graded stakes winner, Plenty of Grace, #2 MY IMPRESSION, qualifies as a TrackMaster PLUS "PowerPony," and has produced "POWER RUN PERFORMANCES" in each of her last five starts, hitting the board in four of those efforts, including a "POWER RUN WIN" in her 3rd race back. #1 FIFTY FIVE has hit the board in four of her last five outings, with two of those "board hit efforts," including a win in her last start, also qualifying as "POWER RUNS."

Can'tPickAWinner
04-14-2018, 08:02 AM
Handicapped by The Turf Club Analysts

Bar

Charles Town - Race #1 - Post: 7:00pm - Allowance - 4.5 furlongs on the Dirt. Purse: $24,000 Class Rating: 75

Rating: Golden DollarGolden DollarGolden Dollar

#2 BLUE PLAID (ML=2/1)
#4 PECK'S BAD BOY (ML=15/1)

BLUE PLAID - I think the shorter trip will help this gelding stay the distance. This speed horse could take the lead quickly. My guess is he'll take a shot at moving to the front, and never looking back. This animal is in the top spot in earnings per start. He looks solid in today's clash. PECK'S BAD BOY - This animal probably isn't going to sit off the pace. He should bust out of the gate and be one of the first to hit that tight turn. Watch for him down the stretch. Getting a weight break of 5 pounds from last race at Charles Town on February 21st. Could be helpful in this race.

Vulnerable Contenders: #3 LET FREEDOM RING (ML=9/5), #6 IMA CAT GENIUS (ML=5/2), #5 RESCUE FIVE (ML=6/1),

LET FREEDOM RING - This favorite may be out of condition without any recent morning drills. This horse doesn't have a winning make-up. Almost always finishes second or third. IMA CAT GENIUS - There's speed, zip, and more zip in this event. Doesn't look too promising for this horse. RESCUE FIVE - All sorts of crazy early zip entered for this event. Slight chance for this front-runner. Probably hasn't had enough seasoning to beat the older ones today. It's a major step to win in a Maiden Claiming event and then step up and beat winners.

STRAIGHT WAGERS:
Bet on #2 BLUE PLAID to win if we can get at least 7/5 odds

EXACTA WAGERS:
Box [2,4]

TRIFECTA WAGERS:
None

SUPERFECTA WAGERS:
Skip

Can'tPickAWinner
04-14-2018, 08:02 AM
F.A.S.T. Sheets Free Race for Keeneland
Keeneland - Race 5

Double-Exacta ($1 min)-Trifecta-Pick 3 ($.50 min)-Superfecta ($.10 min)-Super High Five ($1 min)

Allowance • 1 Mile • Turf • Ages 4 and up • CR: 94 • Purse: $76,000 • Post: 3:18P
FOR FOUR YEAR OLDS AND UPWARD WHICH HAVE NEVER WON A RACE OTHER THAN MAIDEN, CLAIMING, OR STARTER OR WHICH HAVE NEVER WON TWO RACES. WEIGHT, 123 LBS. NON-WINNERS OF $22,800 AT A MILE OR OVER ON THE TURF SINCE FEBRUARY 14 ALLOWED 3 LBS. $21,600 AT A MILE OR OVER ON THE TURF SINCE THEN ALLOWED 5 LBS. (RACES WHERE ENTERED FOR $35,000 OR LESS NOT CONSIDERED IN ALLOWANCES). IN THE EVENT THAT THIS RACE IS TAKEN OFF THE TURF IT WILL BE CONTESTED AT ONE MILE ON THE MAIN TRACK.
Contenders

Race Analysis
P#
Horse
Morn
Line

Accept
Odds

Race Type: Basic Race. This race has a mixed pace scenario. Check on scratches of any of the Front-runners (to look for a lone Front-runner). * KEY ANGLES * SILVER DUST: Horse ranks in the top three in TrackMaster Power Rating. Jockey/Trainer co mbination return on investment is at least +20. CONVICT PIKE: Horse has a TrackMaster "B" designation. Horse ranks in the top three in TrackMaster Power Rating. BIRD'S EYE VIEW: Horse ranks in the top three in average Equibase Speed Figure at the distance/surface. Horse ranks in the top three in average Equibase Class Rating at the distance/surface. ZORZOR: Horse has run a Good Race within the last 30 days. Horse ranks in the top three in TrackMaster Power Rating.
SILVER DUST
5/2

5/1
CONVICT PIKE
4/1

5/1
BIRD'S EYE VIEW
7/2

8/1
ZORZOR
3/1

8/1

P#

Horse (In Running Style Order)

Morn
Line

Running Style

Good
Class

Good
Speed

Early Figure

Finish Figure

Platinum
Figure
ZORZOR

3/1
Front-runner

ALL HANSENS ONDECK

20/1
Front-runner

INFINITE MIDNIGHT

20/1
Alternator/Front-runner

SEKONDI

15/1
Stalker

EXTRICATE

7/2
Stalker

CONVICT PIKE

4/1
Trailer

NORCO

15/1
Trailer

SILVER DUST

5/2
Trailer

BIRD'S EYE VIEW

7/2
Alternator/Trailer

CAPTURE THE GLORY

20/1
Alternator/Non-contender

1A
DAHOG

20/1
Alternator/Non-contender

YES MON

20/1
Alternator/Non-contender

Unknown Running Style: SUN LOVER (GB) (12/1) [Jockey: Hernandez Jr Brian J - Trainer: Murphy Conor].

Can'tPickAWinner
04-14-2018, 08:03 AM
Handicapped by The Walker Group at Los Alamitos (Quarter Horse)
Always check program numbers.
Odds shown are morning line odds.

Race 3 - Claiming - 4.5f on the Dirt. Purse: $9000 Class Rating: 83

FOR THREE YEAR OLDS AND UPWARD WHICH HAVE NEVER WON TWO RACES. THREE YEAR OLDS, 120 LBS.; OLDER, 123 LBS. NON-WINNERS OF A RACE SINCE FEBRUARY 14 ALLOWED 3 LBS. CLAIMING PRICE $3,200

RECOMMENDED CHOICES
The Walker Group Picks

# 4 FANCY TERRACE 9/5

# 6 FAST LANE LARRY 8/1

# 5 CORN ON THE CODE 6/1

FANCY TERRACE looks formidable to best this field. Is tough not to look at based on Equibase Speed Figures which have been decent - 71 avg - of late. Has to be carefully examined - I like the figures from the last contest. Have to look at solely on class, with some of the most competitive class numbers of this group. CORN ON THE CODE - Has raced very well in dirt sprint races.

Can'tPickAWinner
04-14-2018, 08:04 AM
Handicapped by The Walker Group at Laurel
Always check program numbers.
Odds shown are morning line odds.

Race 1 - Maiden Special Weight - 5.5f on the Dirt. Purse: $40000 Class Rating: 86

FOR MAIDENS, THREE YEARS OLD. WEIGHT, 122 LBS.

RECOMMENDED CHOICES
The Walker Group Picks

# 2 JACK OF SPADES 15/1

# 5 EAGLE CAVIAR 5/1

# 3 CYCLOBOMB 2/1

JACK OF SPADES has a competitive shot to take this race especially at a such a nice price. EAGLE CAVIAR - Good chance to hit the board as sire's fillies and colts have been running soundly as of late. CYCLOBOMB - His 68 average has this gelding with among the most respectable speed figures here. Horses who have been prepared to race at this distance and surface by Lawrence have shown strong results lately.

Can'tPickAWinner
Handicapped by The Turf Club Analysts

Bar

Oaklawn Park - Race #4 - Post: 2:14pm - Maiden Special - 6.0 furlongs on the Dirt. Purse: $81,000 Class Rating: 81

Rating: Golden DollarGolden DollarGolden Dollar

#5 KALALOU (ML=5/2)
#8 TRACI'S GREELEY (ML=8/1)

KALALOU - Ran a winning race March 29th, but just couldn't beat the winner. A thoroughbred coming back this soon after a sharp effort is a good sign. The recent speed fig of 79 is the top last race speed fig in the field. The addition of blinkers usually means that a trainer wants a campaigner to show more early speed or to keep her attention focused. TRACI'S GREELEY - This filly was sharp enough to post a 'top two' workout recently. I think she's ready for today's event. The way this event sets up this filly will be in perfect stalking position when they hit the top of the stretch.

Vulnerable Contenders: #10 ZIPPY LOU (ML=3/1), #1 C P QUALITY (ML=5/1), #7 THREE HALOS (ML=8/1),

ZIPPY LOU - Finished second in her most recent performance with a somewhat easily forgotten speed rating. When I look at today's class figure, it would take an improved performance to win after that in this field. C P QUALITY - Doesn't look to have enough good qualities to support the price. THREE HALOS - 8/1 is too short of a reward to take on most any animal that has run poorly in back to back races. The Brain always warns me to keep my distance from horses in short distance races that haven't finished in the money in sprint affairs lately. Notched a quite unimpressive speed rating last time out in a Maiden Special race on March 29th. Not likely to see an improved performance off of that figure.

STRAIGHT WAGERS:
#5 KALALOU is going to be the play if we are getting 2/1 or better

EXACTA WAGERS:
Box [5,8]

TRIFECTA WAGERS:
Pass

SUPERFECTA WAGERS:
Pass

Can'tPickAWinner
F.A.S.T. Sheets Free Race for Penn National
Penn National - Race 1

W-P-S / Exacta / $0.50 Trifecta / $0.10 Superfecta / Daily Double $0.50 Pick 3 (Races 1-2-3) / $0.50 Pick 4 (Races 1-2-3-4)

Claiming $5,000 • 6 Furlongs • Dirt • Ages 4 and up • CR: 100 • Purse: $14,400 • Post: 6:00P
(PLUS UP TO 40% PABF) FOR FOUR YEAR OLDS AND UPWARD. WEIGHT, 123 LBS. NON-WINNERS OF A RACE SINCE MARCH 14 ALLOWED 2 LBS. A RACE SINCE FEBRUARY 14 ALLOWED 4 LBS. CLAIMING PRICE $5,000 (RACES WHERE ENTERED FOR $4,000 OR LESS NOT CONSIDERED).
Contenders

Race Analysis
P#
Horse
Morn
Line

Accept
Odds

Race Type: Dominant Stalker. NICO'S PRIZE is the Dominant Stalker of the race. * KEY ANGLES * NICO'S PRIZE: Today is a sprint and this is the horse's third or fourth start after a layoff. Horse has run a Good Race within the last 30 days. Horse ranks in the top three in TrackMaster Power Rating.
NICO'S PRIZE
7/5

8/5

P#

Horse (In Running Style Order)

Morn
Line

Running Style

Good
Class

Good
Speed