PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday 4-18-18 Free Plays / Trends / Betting Info / Etc

Can'tPickAWinner
04-16-2018, 11:15 PM
Members post your personal plays in the various sports forums @ IWS and our betting trackers!

NFL
http://www.investwithsports.com/newf...3-NFL-Football (http://www.investwithsports.com/newforum/forumdisplay.php?53-NFL-Football)

College Football
http://www.investwithsports.com/newf...-NCAA-Football (http://www.investwithsports.com/newforum/forumdisplay.php?54-NCAA-Football)

Baseball
http://www.investwithsports.com/newf...57-ML-Baseball (http://www.investwithsports.com/newforum/forumdisplay.php?57-ML-Baseball)

College Basketball
http://www.investwithsports.com/newf...CAA-Basketball (http://www.investwithsports.com/newforum/forumdisplay.php?55-NCAA-Basketball)

NBA
http://www.investwithsports.com/newf...NBA-Basketball (http://www.investwithsports.com/newforum/forumdisplay.php?56-NBA-Basketball)

NHL
http://www.investwithsports.com/newf...?58-NHL-Hockey (http://www.investwithsports.com/newforum/forumdisplay.php?58-NHL-Hockey)

Can'tPickAWinner
04-18-2018, 06:38 AM
Handicapped by Rick Needham at Aqueduct

RACE #8 - AQUEDUCT - 4:41 PM EASTERN POST
6.0 FURLONGS OUTER TURF THREE YEARS OLD AND UPWARD ALLOWANCE $75,000.00 PURSE

#4 POLAR JET
#2 YUMMY BEAR
#1 CONQUEST BANDIT
#3 AMERICAN GURU

#4 POLAR JET is the only entry in this allowance field this afternoon not taking a "step-up" in class this afternoon, and has hit the board in "POWER RUN FASHION" in four of his last five outings, including a "POWER RUN WIN" in his 5th race back. #2 YUMMY BEAR qualifies as a TrackMaster PLUS "PowerPony," is the overall pace profile leader, and has also hit the board in "POWER RUN FASHION" in four of his respective last five "adventures," including a "POWER RUN WIN" in his 3rd race back.

Can'tPickAWinner
04-18-2018, 06:39 AM
Handicapped by The Turf Club Analysts

Bar

Charles Town - Race #6 - Post: 9:18pm - Allowance - 7.0 furlongs on the Dirt. Purse: $24,500 Class Rating: 74

Rating: Golden DollarGolden DollarGolden DollarGolden Dollar

#4 GALLANT CALLING (ML=5/1)

GALLANT CALLING - Not much early speed in this race other than this pony. In her last race, this filly showed good speed then fell back before finishing nicely.

Vulnerable Contenders: #1 B'S WILD CORK (ML=7/5), #6 ANNIES ALLIANCE (ML=3/1), #2 SEE YA MANANA (ML=9/2),

B'S WILD CORK - This youngster isn't going to beat the older ones today, maybe another time. ANNIES ALLIANCE - Would have to improve off that fourth place finish last time out to make an impact here. In any contest of 7 furlongs, I like to bet on a contender that has been looking good in short distance races lately. SEE YA MANANA - Be particularly concerned about this 3 year old versus the older ones. Will do better with more experience.

Top HatGUEST COMMENTARY: The Brain - GALLANT CALLING - On a tight track, my calculations and statistics say the advantage goes to the horse with early speed in posts 1 thru 4. That's the situation we have here, so take a good look at this filly.

STRAIGHT WAGERS:
Bet on #4 GALLANT CALLING to win if you can get at least 1/1 odds

EXACTA WAGERS:
4 with [1,6]

TRIFECTA WAGERS:
4 with [1,6] with [1,2,3,6] Total Cost: $6

SUPERFECTA WAGERS:
4 with [1,2,6] with [1,2,3,6,7] with [1,2,3,6,7] Total Cost: $36

Can'tPickAWinner
04-18-2018, 06:40 AM
F.A.S.T. Sheets Free Race for Evangeline Downs
Evangeline Downs - Race 4

Daily Double / Exacta / Trifecta / Superfecta / Pick 3 (Races 4-5-6)

Claiming $4,000 • 1 Mile • Dirt • Ages 4 and up • CR: 72 • Purse: $8,000 • Post: 7:14P
FOR FILLIES AND MARES FOUR YEARS OLD AND UPWARD WHICH HAVE NOT WON TWO RACES SINCE JULY 18, 2017. WEIGHT, 123 LBS. CLAIMING PRICE $4,000.
Contenders

Race Analysis
P#
Horse
Morn
Line

Accept
Odds

Race Type: Lone Trailer. JOVE JOVE DIVE is the Lone Trailer of the race, but has been deemed a non-contender due to a low Platinum Figure or other overall low ratings. * KEY ANGLES * ELLIE GIRL: Today's race is a route, horse is a Front-runner and is in post position one. Horse has the highest TrackMaster Power Rating. ZARBA'S CHARM: Horse is dropping in class, has an inside post position and isn't a Trailer. Horse has a TrackMaster "+" designation or an "L" designation. TIMEBOBANNA: Hors e ranks in the top three in average Equibase Speed Figure at the distance/surface. Horse ranks in the top three in average Equibase Class Rating at the distance/surface. THEGOODWITCH: Horse ranks in the top three in TrackMaster Power Rating.
ELLIE GIRL
9/5

9/2
ZARBA'S CHARM
12/1

6/1
TIMEBOBANNA
8/1

7/1
THEGOODWITCH
3/1

8/1

P#

Horse (In Running Style Order)

Morn
Line

Running Style

Good
Class

Good
Speed

Early Figure

Finish Figure

Platinum
Figure
THEGOODWITCH

3/1
Front-runner

ELLIE GIRL

9/5
Alternator/Front-runner

TIMEBOBANNA

8/1
Alternator/Stalker

ZARBA'S CHARM

12/1
Alternator/Stalker

JOVE JOVE DIVE

4/1
Trailer

MISS MORONETTE

6/1
Alternator/Non-contender

SPICY AFLEET

5/1
Alternator/Non-contender

Can'tPickAWinner
04-18-2018, 06:40 AM
Handicapped by The Walker Group at Indiana Downs
Always check program numbers.
Odds shown are morning line odds.

Race 6 - Maiden Special Weight - 5.5f on the Dirt. Purse: $34000 Class Rating: 61

FOR REGISTERED INDIANA BREDS SIRED BY REGISTERED INDIANA STALLIONS MAIDENS, FILLIES AND MARES THREE, FOUR, AND FIVE YEARS OLD. THREE YEAR OLDS, 118 LBS.; OLDER, 122 LBS.

RECOMMENDED CHOICES
The Walker Group Picks

# 10 BOILER BABE 6/5

# 5 FACEY'S SISTER 3/1

# 8 CITY SIDEWALKS 12/1

I've got to go with BOILER BABE. Overall the Equibase speed figs of this horse look respectable in this outing. She looks very good in this spot and I expect will be on the lead or close at the halfway point. Ran a sharp last race. FACEY'S SISTER - West has her trained soundly to break speedily out of the starting gate.

Can'tPickAWinner
04-18-2018, 06:41 AM
F.A.S.T. Sheets Free Race for Keeneland
Keeneland - Race 4

Daily Double-Exacta ($1 min)-Trifecta-Pick 3-Pick 5 ($.50 min)-Superfecta ($.10 min)-Super High Five ($1 min)

Claiming $20,000 • 6 1/2 Furlongs • Dirt • Ages 3 and up • CR: 88 • Purse: $24,000 • Post: 2:45P
FOR THREE YEAR OLDS AND UPWARD WHICH HAVE NEVER WON THREE RACES OR THREE YEAR OLDS. THREE YEAR OLDS, 118 LBS.; OLDER, 124 LBS. NON-WINNERS OF A RACE SINCE MARCH 18 ALLOWED 2 LBS. CLAIMING PRICE $20,000 (RACES WHERE ENTERED FOR $16,000 OR LESS NOT CONSIDERED IN ALLOWANCES).
Contenders

Race Analysis
P#
Horse
Morn
Line

Accept
Odds

Race Type: Basic Race. This race has a mixed pace scenario. Check on scratches of any of the Front-runners (to look for a lone Front-runner). * KEY ANGLES * SPEEDMEISTER: Horse has the highest TrackMaster Power Rating. Horse has the highest aver age Equibase Speed Figure at the distance/surface. STAPLETON: Horse ranks in the top three in TrackMaster Power Rating. Horse ranks in the top three in average Equibase Speed Figure at the distance/surface. DIVINE DESIRE: Horse had a bullet workou t within the last seven days. Horse racing off a layoff of 90+ days and horse has run well in the past in its first and/or second starts after a long layoff.
SPEEDMEISTER
5/2

3/1
STAPLETON
5/2

3/1
DIVINE DESIRE
2/1

8/1

P#

Horse (In Running Style Order)

Morn
Line

Running Style

Good
Class

Good
Speed

Early Figure

Finish Figure

Platinum
Figure
STAPLETON

5/2
Front-runner

MIKEANDCHICKDIDIT

10/1
Front-runner

SPEEDMEISTER

5/2
Alternator/Stalker

DIVINE DESIRE

2/1
Alternator/Stalker

DAHOG

20/1
Alternator/Stalker

RED ALERT

10/1
Alternator/Non-contender

CATAROUX

10/1
Alternator/Non-contender

THUNDERCLOUD

30/1
Alternator/Non-contender

Can'tPickAWinner
04-18-2018, 06:41 AM
Handicapped by The Walker Group at Mahoning Valley Race Course
Always check program numbers.
Odds shown are morning line odds.

Race 5 - Claiming - 5.5f on the Dirt. Purse: $11600 Class Rating: 74

FOR THREE YEAR OLDS AND UPWARD WHICH HAVE NOT WON A RACE SINCE OCTOBER 18. THREE YEAR OLDS, 118 LBS.; OLDER, 125 LBS. CLAIMING PRICE $5,000

RECOMMENDED CHOICES
The Walker Group Picks

# 2 PUT IT BACK JACK 5/1

# 5 OVER SAVER 6/1

# 6 NICAMORE 12/1

PUT IT BACK JACK looks competitive to best this field. Overall the speed figures of this racer look competitive in this race. Has been racing admirably in races of this distance, going 6 out of 21 under similar conditions. Gonzalez will probably be able to get this gelding to break out sharply in this competition. OVER SAVER - He has a good opportunity in this race as handler, Poole, has very solid win rate with horses going this distance. Could best this field based on the speed rating - 69 - of his last contest. NICAMORE - Has very good early lick and should fare admirably versus this field.

Can'tPickAWinner
04-18-2018, 06:42 AM
Handicapped by The Turf Club Analysts

Bar

Tampa Bay Downs - Race #6 - Post: 3:24pm - Optional Claiming - 6.0 furlongs on the Dirt. Purse: $23,500 Class Rating: 96

Rating: Golden DollarGolden DollarGolden Dollar

#6 HALFBACK (ML=4/1)
#2 EPIC DRAMA (ML=3/1)

HALFBACK - This jock and handler have a great winning percent when they join forces. This event sets up for this gelding. I call this the 'Lone Stalker' scenario. When the real running starts, he'll be in perfect position. Always beware the longer priced animal when a trainer has an 'uncoupled' entry in a race. A thoroughbred coming back this quickly after a solid race is a good omen. I think this gelding is ready to run a good one. He's had enough races since the vacation and should be fit. EPIC DRAMA - The recent bullet 36.2 work should put this gelding on track for today's outing.

Vulnerable Contenders: #1 EL GRANDE ROJO (ML=2/1), #3 DUBULL (ML=7/2), #5 RED CRESCENT (ML=5/1),

EL GRANDE ROJO - The favorite is suspect here with the lack of morning activity. DUBULL - No success for this vulnerable equine in a sprint race over the last two months tells me that this gelding is in a difficult situation Any mount coming out of a route affair should show some early speed to tangle with the sprinters. RED CRESCENT - A pattern of declining speed figs 92/84/78 for this vulnerable equine.

STRAIGHT WAGERS:
Bet on #6 HALFBACK to win if you can get at least 8/5 odds

EXACTA WAGERS:
Box [2,6]

TRIFECTA WAGERS:
Pass

SUPERFECTA WAGERS:
Pass

Can'tPickAWinner
04-18-2018, 10:14 AM
Indiana Pacers vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Preview and Predictions 04-18-2018

17th April 2018 by Gracenote
lebron james and the cleveland cavaliers had two full days off to consider a rare terrible performance and a loss in a first-round game, and more aggression from the superstar at the start seems to be the answer. the fourth-seeded cavaliers will try to even the eastern conference series at one win apiece when they host the fifth-seeded indiana pacers in game 2 on wednesday.

cleveland was down 25-8 in the first quarter on sunday before james attempted his first field goal, and coach tyronn lue suggested that he needs to force the issue, no matter what the defense is giving him. "he has to be aggressive and set the tone early," lue told reporters after monday's practice. "we talked about that today ... being aggressive early, setting the tone, especially for these new guys, bringing these guys along. he understood that, but once again, he's always a guy trying to get his teammates off early, get them guys going, then try to feel the game out. but be ready to set a tone." the pacers dominated on both ends of the floor in the 98-80 game 1 triumph but they are not satisfied. "we've got to be better," indiana point guard darren collison told the team's website. "there's some things that we can improve on that i was looking at in the film. we can do better in a lot of different areas. we can't just take game 1 and say we don't have to (make) any improvements. we can be better."
tv: 7 p.m. et, tnt, fs indiana, fs ohio (cleveland)
about the pacers: all-star guard victor oladipo scored a game-high 32 points on 11-of-19 shooting on sunday and keyed the defensive effort with four steals. "no surprise at all," veteran forward thaddeus young told reporters of oladipo's performance. "we all know what vic can do and we know what type of player he is. he's a very dynamic player and when he steps out on the court, you're either going to have to double him or you're going to have to stop him." the pacers also got a big boost from reserve swingman lance stephenson, who embraced the challenge of guarding james and added 12 points in 17 minutes off the bench.

about the cavaliers: all-star forward kevin love grabbed 17 rebounds on sunday but finished with just nine points on 3-of-8 shooting. "i think part of it is on me just to be more aggressive, to get post touches," love told reporters. "sometimes, i fall into my own trap of just spacing everybody. that allows other guys to get downhill, 'bron to play his game. but i think just mixing it up even when he's not in the game, getting in the post a little bit more, getting offensive rebounds, getting more touches in there. ... that's partially on me too with just coming out and attacking first and being more aggressive." cleveland shot 38.5 percent from the floor in game 1, including 8-of-34 from 3-point range.
buzzer beaters

1. cavaliers pg george hill took a hard screen from pacers f trevor booker in game 1 and was dealing with a stiff back but participated in practice on tuesday.

2. james recorded his 20th career postseason triple-double on sunday, second all-time behind magic johnson (30).

3. indiana sf bojan bogdanovic is 2-of-13 from 3-point range in his last three games, going back to the regular season.

prediction: cavaliers 106, pacers 101

Can'tPickAWinner
Utah Jazz vs. Oklahoma City Thunder Preview and Predictions 04-18-2018

oklahoma city star forward paul george is expected to be on the court when the thunder host the utah jazz on wednesday in game 2 of the western conference first-round series. george sat out the final 62 seconds of his stellar game 1 outing due to hip pain and his status is slated to be officially firmed up after the mid-day shootaround.

george scored 36 points and made an oklahoma city franchise playoff-record eight 3-pointers as the thunder posted a 116-108 victory on sunday. "when he's aggressive, man, it changes the game for us," thunder point guard russell westbrook told reporters. "you saw that. he had it going. our job is to make sure we find him, make it easy for him. as long as he stays aggressive, we'll be a better team." utah's top player is also dealing with an injury as rookie sensation donovan mitchell had an mri exam on his left foot with the results showing nothing more than a bruise. mitchell, who had 27 points and 10 rebounds in his first career postseason game, asserts that he is fine and will play on wednesday.

tv: 8 p.m. et, nbatv, at&t sportsnet rocky mountain (utah), fs oklahoma
about the jazz: mitchell had to exit the game twice in the fourth quarter due to his foot soreness, which was prompted by getting it stepped on by oklahoma city's corey brewer earlier in the contest. mitchell was confident that having two days off between games would provide ample time for rest and healing and the team took a collective sigh of relief when the mri results came back negative. the 21-year-old completed the regular season by topping 20 points in 12 of 14 games and his strong playoff opener is a sure sign the jazz will ride him as far as possible in this series.

about the thunder: george revealed after game 1 that he goes by "playoff p" and the nickname appears to fit since he is averaging 22.7 points in 50 playoff games dating to the beginning of the 2013 postseason. westbrook contributed 29 points, 13 rebounds and eight assists in game 1 but he looked like the complementary player and not the star in the opener. "we knew all along that we got multiple guys that can make plays, create and be explosive offensively," george told reporters. "we're not going to put that pressure on just one guy. obviously, my job is to help russ, and with that, it's helping the team. it's my job to bring it and to bring it at a high level."

buzzer beaters

1. the jazz averaged 89.5 points while losing three of four regular-season meetings against the thunder but topped that by nearly 20 points in game 1.

2. oklahoma city pf carmelo anthony was just 5-of-13 in the opener while recording 15 points and seven rebounds.

3. utah backup sg alec burks will be in line for more playing time if mitchell is ailing after scoring 10 points in just two minutes at the end of game 1.

prediction: thunder 115, jazz 111

Can'tPickAWinner
Minnesota Timberwolves vs. Houston Rockets Preview and Predictions 04-18-2018

the nba-best houston rockets got the win in game 1 of their first-round western conference series over the minnesota timberwolves, but it wasn't easy. mvp candidate james harden put the team on his back and will try to follow up a tremendous performance when the rockets host the eighth-seeded timberwolves in game 2 on wednesday.

harden scored 44 points on 15-of-26 shooting, including seven straight points during a decisive run in the fourth quarter, and added eight assists in the win. "if you have that aggressive mindset, good things will happen," harden told reporters. "if they gave me space, where i could get my shot off, i shot it. i was feeling it. if they pressure me enough, i would try to get by them and create for myself or for someone else. whether it's (game 1) or 82 regular season games, that's how i need to play." the timberwolves watched their all-star, center karl-anthony towns, slump to nine points on 3-of-9 shooting on sunday and will look to get him more involved in game 2. "i think we gave them a steady diet of the same thing," point guard jeff teague told reporters. "next game, we got to give them some different looks where (towns) actually posts up a couple times and still be able to get our spacing with guys driving and trying to kick the ball, but we definitely have to get him a couple more touches."
tv: 9:30 p.m. et, tnt, fs north (minnesota), at&t sportsnet southwest (houston)
about the timberwolves: minnesota elected to leave towns on the perimeter for most of game 1 to space the floor, and the all-star was not in disagreement with the plan. "you follow the game plan," towns told reporters. "gotta follow the game plan. whatever the game plan is that's set before the game, you've got to follow it. especially in the playoffs because it's so much about discipline. it's about being disciplined throughout the game. as long as we stay disciplined we always have a great chance of winning every game." fellow all-star jimmy butler was held to 13 points on 4-of-11 shooting while battling foul trouble.

about the rockets: harden got some offensive help in game 1 from center clint capela, who collected 24 points on 10-of-15 shooting and 12 rebounds. "in the beginning of the game, you just saw a different clint," harden told reporters. "he was running so fast, i had no choice but to give him the ball. or figure out a way to get him the ball. defensively, the way he's been active, blocking shots, rebounding the basketball. ... he was just like a deer out there." capela's performance helped houston overcome a 10-of-37 effort from 3-point range in the opener.
buzzer beaters

1. rockets pf ryan anderson (ankle) missed game 1 but returned to practice and could play in game 2.

2. timberwolves sf andrew wiggins led the team with 18 points in game 1.

3. minnesota pg derrick rose scored 16 points off the bench - his highest total since nov. 3, when he was with the cleveland cavaliers.

prediction: rockets 121, timberwolves 112

Can'tPickAWinner
04-18-2018, 10:16 AM
Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Philadelphia Flyers Preview and Predictions 04-18-2018

the philadelphia flyers were still licking their wounds after sustaining two pronounced beatings at the hands of the pittsburgh penguins before the team suffered another potential key loss during tuesday's practice. first-line center sean couturier collided with teammate radko gudas and will be re-evaluated on wednesday prior to game 4 of the eastern conference first-round series versus the visiting penguins.

"i didn't see him. he didn't see me," gudas told the courier-post of couturier (lower body), who recorded career highs in goals (31) and points (76) in 82 games this season while his 24:35 of ice time in the playoffs trails only defenseman ivan provorov. versatile captain claude giroux could return to his center position should the 25-year-old couturier be sidelined as the flyers bid to even their best-of-seven series with the penguins at two victories apiece. subduing pittsburgh's superstar captain sidney crosby would aid greatly in their bid, as the two-time hart trophy recipient has seven points (four goals, three assists) in the series to move within one of mario lemieux's franchise postseason record of 172 (76 goals, 96 assists). "when you're in that company, it's great," the 30-year-old crosby said. "it's not why you play but when it comes up, it's cool to be involved in that."
tv: 7 p.m. et, nbcsn, cbc, tvas, at&t sportsnet-pittsburgh, nbcs philadelphia
about the penguins: patric hornqvist has provided both a physical presence as well as an important one on the scoresheet during his 10-game point streak (seven goals, five assists), but coach mike sullivan noted that pittsburgh will be without the gritty 31-year-old swede for game 4 due to an upper-body injury. "(hornqvist's) not an easy guy to replace, he's a unique player for us and he brings a lot," sullivan said. "i think we're just going to have to, by committee, pick up the pieces and make sure that the opportunities that are given to others that (he) normally fills, they're going to get a great opportunity to help this team win a game." forward dominik simon, who had 12 points (four goals, eight assists) in 33 games this season, replaced hornqvist at right wing on a line with crosby and jake guentzel during tuesday's practice.
about the flyers: prior to couturier's injury, coach dave hakstol was bidding to light a spark under a team that has mustered just six goals in three contests - with five coming in game 2. while rookie nolan patrick was summoned to replace couturier on line with giroux and jakub voracek in tuesday's practice, hakstol also inserted jordan weal on the third line with the 26-year-old set to make his series debut. weal, who will replace oskar lindblom, recorded a team-high four points (two goals, two assists) in the season series versus pittsburgh.
overtime

1. pittsburgh's top-ranked power play scored three times in sunday's 5-1 romp to improve to 4-for-15 in the series, while its penalty kill is 11-for-13 versus philadelphia.

2. flyers g brian elliott has stopped just 69 of 80 shots in the series to see his career postseason record dip to 16-24 with a 2.71 goals-against average.

3. pittsburgh has outshot philadelphia in eight of nine periods in the series.

prediction: penguins 4, flyers 2

Can'tPickAWinner
Tampa Bay Lightning vs. New Jersey Devils Preview and Predictions 04-18-2018

the new jersey devils climbed back into the eastern conference first-round series with a comeback win and can even the slate when they host the tampa bay lightning for game 4 on wednesday night. taylor hall registered a goal and two assists as the devils rallied from one-goal deficits twice and scored four times in the third period for a 5-2 victory monday.

"this was huge for our confidence," new jersey goalie cory schneider told reporters after earning his first win since dec. 27 with 34 saves. "you can see at the end it was getting a little nasty. we're on each other's nerves a bit. they're going to regroup and come back in game 4. ... we need to be ready for their push and fight harder." nikita kucherov had a pair of assists to increase his team-leading total to six points in the series for tampa bay, which led 1-0 in the second period and then 2-1 after captain steven stamkos' goal 38 seconds into the third. however, the lightning gave the devils seven power plays - four in the third period - and new jersey tied it on a 5-on-3 advantage to spark the four-goal uprising. "any momentum they gained in that game was because of our penalties, and every penalty we took it seemed was 200 feet from our net," tampa bay coach jon cooper told reporters. "it was too bad because i thought for two periods, and then after getting the go-ahead goal, we had control of that game. ... we did it to ourselves."
tv: 7:30 p.m. et, sportsnet, golf channel, tva2, fs sun (tampa bay), msg plus (new jersey)
about the lightning: left wing alex killorn became the second tampa bay player to score in each of the first three games of a playoff series with one tally monday to join vincent lecavalier, who did it in four straight against new jersey in 2007. the lightning have scored five of their 12 goals in the series with the power play on nine chances and their much-maligned penalty kill is 10-for-12 - giving up one of those while down two men. right wing ryan callahan (upper-body), a key on the penalty-killing unit, sat out game 3 but participated in the morning skate monday and could return to the lineup soon.
about the devils: schneider replaced keith kinkaid in net for game 3 and was outstanding when he needed to be, especially in the third period when he gloved a tyler johnson point-blank chance while laying on the ice. "(schneider) was just unreal," hall told reporters. "i'm so happy for him after the last couple months, where he's been and him sitting out. he's such a great teammate, nothing's changed about his personality, then he comes in a steals the game for us. it's just awesome." forward blake coleman had an empty-netter monday for his second goal in two games and boasts a series-high, plus-3 rating.
overtime

1. tampa bay g andrei vasilevskiy owns a .930 save percentage in the series and a .922 sp in 15 career playoff games.

2. new jersey f marcus johansson (concussion) had two shots while logging 14:30 of ice time monday in his first game since jan. 23.

3. kucherov has moved past brad richards (47) for third on the franchise's all-time list for playoff points with 48 in 48 games.

prediction: lightning 3, devils 2

Can'tPickAWinner
Nashville Predators vs. Colorado Avalanche Preview and Predictions 04-18-2018

the nashville predators are skating a fine line after surrendering the first goal in each of their first three playoff contests. while the predators overcame early deficits in the first two, they were unable to do the same in the third and are in jeopardy of seeing their western conference first-round series knotted at two wins apiece should game 4 at the pepsi center follow a similar path.

"we got what we deserved. we didn't really show up the first period," said nashville captain roman josi, who joined fellow defenseman ryan ellis and forwards kevin fiala and viktor arvidsson in being saddled with a minus-3 rating in monday's 5-3 setback. the predators permitted three first-period goals and have been outscored 5-0 over the course of the opening 20 minutes of each game in the series. potential hart trophy finalist nathan mackinnon scored twice to help colorado snap a 12-game winless skid to nashville while continuing his torrid play in denver, as he has recorded 69 of his 102 points at pepsi center in the 2017-18 regular season and playoffs. "i think he thrives on the energy at the building. he gets up for it," avalanche coach jared bednar said of the 22-year-old mackinnon, who has scored four goals and set up three others during his five-game point streak.
tv: 10 p.m. et, nbcsn, sportsnet, tvas, fs tennessee (nashville), altitude (colorado)
about the predators: p.k. subban caused a stir by unleashing an open-ice shot to the back of the head of mackinnon during game 3, but the defenseman didn't pull any punches when asked about it. "yeah, i'd do it again next game," the 28-year-old subban told the tennessean. austin watson has scored in four straight games dating back to the regular-season finale to join fellow forwards ryan johansen and colton sissons with a club-best four points in the series, with the latter two each having two goals and two assists.
about the avalanche: while mackinnon collected his fifth multi-point performance in nine career playoff contests, captain gabriel landeskog recorded a personal postseason best with three points (one goal, two assists) in game 3 while linemate mikko rantanen notched his first multi-point playoff outing with a pair of assists. "i thought that whole line was great," bednar said. "i thought (mackinnon) was skating really well at the start of the game, dangerous, landy was hard on pucks making all the right plays." rantanen has three assists in the series after notching three points (one goal, two assists) in four regular-season tilts versus nashville.
overtime

1. colorado lw gabriel bourque has scored in back-to-back games after netting just five in 58 regular-season contests.

2. predators d samuel girard (upper body), who is a former member of the avalanche, could be in line to return from a two-game absence on wednesday.

3. nashville has scored on the power play in all three games while limiting colorado to just one tally in 13 opportunities with the man advantage.

prediction: avalanche 3, predators 2

Can'tPickAWinner
Anaheim Ducks vs. San Jose Sharks Preview and Predictions 04-18-2018

the san jose sharks are one of only four teams in nhl history to lose a best-of-seven series after winning the first three games but, barring a stunning repeat of four years ago, they are heading to the second round of the western conference playoffs. san jose can complete a four-game sweep and close out the series on home ice when it hosts the anaheim ducks on wednesday night.

the sharks have shown no residual effects from the late wobble down the stretch that enabled the ducks to snag the no. 2 seed and home ice in the series, winning twice in anaheim before returning home to destroy their pacific division rivals in an 8-1 drubbing monday to set up an elimination game. "it's a different team in here, different makeup," san jose forward logan couture said in dismissing comparisons to the 2014 squad. "our goal right now is to try to win one at home, win the fourth game, which is a tough one." although the ducks had their streak of five consecutive division titles snapped, they finished the season on a 10-1-1 run and appeared poised to make a deep playoff run but now are just trying to get the series back to anaheim. "one win," said ducks captain ryan getzlaf, who embodied the team meltdown when he received a game misconduct monday. "we got to win a game now. our focus got to be to win that game 4 and that's all we can do."
tv: 10:30 p.m. et, golf, sportsnet1, tvas2, prime ticket (anaheim), nbcs california (san jose)
about the ducks: rickard rakell, who paced anaheim in goals (34) and points (69), finally got on the scoreboard with a first-period tally but the ducks were shut down the rest of the way and have managed only three goals in the series while piling up penalty minutes at an alarming rate. "you're not going to give yourself any kind of an opportunity when you take the number of penalties we took," ducks coach randy carlyle said. "and i call them selfish penalties." getzlaf has been limited to two assists while ondrej kase, adam henrique, jakob silfverberg and corey perry have one goal and one point between them after combining for 74 goals during the season.
about the sharks: couture and joonas donskoi each had a goal and two assists and trade-deadline acquisition evander kane added one of each, but coach peter deboer was thrilled with the performance of fourth-line members eric fehr, melker karlsson and marcus sorensen. "i thought particularly fehr, sorensen and karlsson were outstanding tonight," deboer said. "you come into these games, and when you go on any kind of playoff runs you have to win all kinds of different ways. different guys have to step up at different moments." almost loss in the offensive showcase was the play of goaltender martin jones, who registered a playoff career-high 45 saves.
overtime
1. san jose is 6-for-17 on the power play in the series after converting on half its eight chances in game 3.

2. the ducks called up g reto berra from san diego of the american hockey league on tuesday.

3. sharks d brent burns sat out the final 10 minutes of game 3 but is good to go for wednesday.

prediction: sharks 3, ducks 2

Can'tPickAWinner
04-18-2018, 10:18 AM
Colorado Rockies vs. Pittsburgh Pirates Preview and Predictions 04-18-2018

the colorado rockies can pick up their first series sweep of the season when they wrap up a three-game set at the pittsburgh pirates on wednesday afternoon. the rockies dropped their first two road games of the season but are 9-2 away from home ever since, including a 6-2 win in the series opener at pittsburgh and a 2-0 triumph in the middle game tuesday.

chad bettis lowered his era to 1.44 as he spun 7 1/3 scoreless innings in tuesday's win for colorado, which has held opponents to an average of 2.5 runs through the first six games of its seven-game trip. the announced attendance was fewer than 9,000 for the game as the teams played in snowy conditions, but warmer and sunnier conditions are expected for the series finale. the pirates hope that the improving weather helps their bats warm up as well, as they've managed nine hits and four walks through the first two games of the series. right fielder gregory polanco was hitless in three at-bats tuesday and is 1-for-19 in five games since he slugged two homers at wrigley field last thursday.
tv: 12:35 p.m. et, at&t sportsnet pittsburgh
pitching matchup: rockies lh kyle freeland (0-2, 4.50 era) vs. pirates rh chad kuhl (1-1, 5.74)

freeland gave up four runs in 10 2/3 innings over his last two starts and he kept the ball in the park at washington on friday after giving up two homers in each of his first two appearances. the denver native was reached for five runs on nine hits in 5 2/3 frames of a start at pittsburgh last season. josh bell is 2-for-3 with a walk and david freese is 3-for-6 with a homer and a double against freeland.
kuhl gave up five runs (four earned) on 11 hits over five innings of a 7-2 loss at miami his last time out, lifting his road era to 6.75 through two starts. he was a bit better in his lone home start by allowing two runs in five frames while striking out seven against cincinnati on april 7. the 25-year-old lost his first two career starts against colorado while giving up seven runs in 11 innings.

walk-offs

1. rockies 3b nolan arenado serves the last game of his five-game suspension wednesday and will be eligible to return friday when colorado opens a three-game series at home against the chicago cubs.

2. pirates cf starling marte is 9-for-18 with three walks during a five-game hitting streak.

3. rockies ss trevor story entered the series 11-for-62 on the season but has gone 4-for-7 with a home run, a double and a walk against pittsburgh pitching.

prediction: rockies 5, pirates 4

Can'tPickAWinner
Baltimore Orioles vs. Detroit Tigers Preview and Predictions 04-18-2018

left-hander matthew boyd is getting plenty of rest due to the weather woes that have engulfed the detroit tigers this season, but he'll hope to finally get some run support when he makes his third start wednesday against the visiting baltimore orioles in the second of a three-game set. boyd is winless despite allowing one run in each of his first two starts.

the tigers snapped a five-game skid with a 4-2 victory in the series opener, but with six postponents already and more bad weather forecast for wednesday, the starting time was move up from 6:40 to 1:10 p.m. et. detroit designated hitter victor martinez belted his first homer of the season tuesday to improve to 5-for-8 in his last two games, but he is hitless in 16 at-bats against kevin gausman, baltimore's scheduled starter for wednesday. the orioles, who had the finale of their four-game set at boston rained out monday, have dropped four in a row to fall to 3-8 on the road. baltimore is 1-6 in its last seven games overall and has scored a combined 11 runs in those six defeats.
tv: 1:10 p.m. et, masn (baltimore), fs detroit
pitching matchup: orioles rh kevin gausman (1-1, 6.60 era) vs. tigers lh matthew boyd (0-1, 1.38)

gausman earned his first win and his first quality start of the season last time out by going six innings against toronto and permitting three runs and six hits while striking out seven. gausman did not factor in the decision in a superb effort versus detroit last season, allowing one run on three hits over seven innings while striking out eight. gausman has limited tigers slugger miguel cabrera to two singles in 13 at-bats.
boyd surrendered a first-inning home run and nothing else in seven stellar innings, permitting three hits while not factoring in the decision at cleveland. he went six innings of one-run ball in his season debut to become the first detroit lefty to pitch six innings and allow one run or less in the first two starts of a season since kenny rogers in 2007. adam jones is 3-for-4 with a pair of doubles against boyd.
walk-offs

1. cabrera exited the series opener due to back tightness but is expected to play wednesday.

2. orioles 1b chris davis is batting .125 after striking out three times for the third time in four games.

3. tigers cf leonys martin is 8-for-17 in the last four games.

prediction: tigers 3, orioles 2

Can'tPickAWinner
Texas Rangers vs. Tampa Bay Rays Preview and Predictions 04-18-2018

left-hander cole hamels has pitched better on the road than at home and hopes that pattern continues for at least one more start when he takes the mound for the texas rangers in wednesday's rubber match against the tampa bay rays. the teams have traded lopsided victories in the series, with the rays rolling to an 8-4 win monday before texas responded with a 7-2 rout 24 hours later.

isiah kiner-falefa entered tuesday's game 2-for-17 with nine strikeouts and poised to make his major league debut at shortstop for the rangers with jurickson profar in the concussion protocol following a collision in the series opener. kiner-falefa doubled his season total with four hits and was in the middle of three double plays as texas improved to 3-2 on its six-game road trip. tampa bay got big production from its own shortstop as adeiny hechavarria collected three hits tuesday, but it wasn't enough to prevent the team from absorbing its american league-worst 13th defeat. c.j. cron went 2-for-3 to extend his hitting streak to seven games for the rays, who are 2-7 at home.
tv: 1:10 p.m. et, fs southwest (texas), fs sun (tampa bay)
pitching matchup: rangers lh cole hamels (1-2, 4.50 era) vs. rays rh jake faria (0-1, 8.18)

hamels did not factor in the decision last time out at world series champion houston despite his first quality start of the season, tossing six innings of two-run ball. he is 1-1 with a 3.00 era in three starts versus tampa bay, but was dominant in his lone appearance at tropicana field with 10 strikeouts over 7 1/3 innings of one-run ball in august 2016. hamels must be wary of hechavarria, who is 11-for-29 against him.
faria allowed only one run in four innings in his season debut versus boston, but he was pummeled by the red sox in the rematch six days later, lasting 1 2/3 innings and getting rocked for eight runs. he rebounded with a strong effort last time out, shaving six runs off his era by limiting philadelphia to one run on two hits while striking out seven in 5 1/3 innings. faria is 3-2 with a 2.88 era in nine home appearances.
walk-offs

1. rangers 3b adrian beltre needs five rbis to tie tony perez for 30th (1,652) on the all-time list.

2. the rays placed 3b matt duffy (hamstring strain) on the 10-day disabled list.

3. rangers rhp tony barnette went on the 10-day dl due to right shoulder tightness.

prediction: rangers 4, rays 3

Can'tPickAWinner
Cincinnati Reds vs. Milwaukee Brewers Preview and Predictions 04-18-2018

eric thames owns the first month of the season, and his power is keeping the milwaukee brewers in the win column. thames will try to continue another solid april when the brewers host the cincinnati reds for the rubber match of a three-game series on wednesday.

thames clubbed 11 home runs in the first month of the 2017 season after spending the previous four years playing in japan but tapered off the rest of the way and finished with 31 homers. the 31-year-old is hoping that doesn't become a pattern after getting off to another hot start in 2018 that includes his sixth home run on tuesday - a two-run blast that provided the difference in a 2-0 triumph and came after he sat out monday to rest a groin injury. the reds snapped an eight-game slide with a 10-4 victory in the series opener, but that offensive performance looks like the outlier for a team that is averaging 3.2 runs. cincinnati will try to get the bats hot on wednesday against struggling right-hander zach davies while countering with tyler mahle.
tv: 1:40 p.m. et, mlb network, fs ohio (cincinnati), fs wisconsin (milwaukee)
pitching matchup: reds rh tyler mahle (1-2, 5.63 era) vs. brewers rh zach davies (0-2, 6.75)

mahle worked six scoreless innings and struck out seven while surrendering one hit against the chicago cubs on april 2, but wasn't nearly as sharp in his last two outings. the 23-year-old was roughed up for a total of 10 runs and 18 hits over 10 innings by the pittsburgh pirates and st. louis cardinals. mahle is making his first career start against the brewers and will try to keep the ball in the yard after surrendering two homers in each of the last two turns.
davies sandwiched a quality start on april 7 around a pair of losses and was reached for five runs and seven hits over 4 1/3 innings at the new york mets on friday. the 25-year-old is struggling with the long ball as well and served up a pair of home runs to the mets to bring his season total to four in 16 innings. davies was solid in four starts against cincinnati last season while posting a 1-1 record with a 3.20 era and two home runs allowed in 19 2/3 innings.
walk-offs

1. reds c devin mesoraco left tuesday's game with a bruised right wrist and is day-to-day.

2. milwaukee activated of christian yelich (oblique) from the 10-day disabled list on tuesday but he did not get into the game.

3. cincinnati rf scott schebler (right ulnar nerve) is on a rehab assignment but could rejoin the team as early as wednesday.

prediction: brewers 7, reds 4

Can'tPickAWinner
Chicago White Sox vs. Oakland Athletics Preview and Predictions 04-18-2018

18th April 2018 by Gracenote
the oakland athletics have revved up their offense in their series against the visiting chicago white sox and look to keep it in high gear as they go for a three-game sweep on wednesday afternoon. oakland has outscored chicago 18-3 in capturing the first two games of the set and has given up a total of four runs during its three-game overall winning streak.

the bottom of the athletics' batting order did most of the damage in tuesday's 10-2 victory as mark canha, stephen piscotty and jonathan lucroy combined to go 8-for-11 with eight rbis and five runs scored while trevor cahill tossed seven scoreless innings in his season debut after being recalled from the minors. jed lowrie celebrated his 34th birthday by going 2-for-4 with a solo homer, giving him 11 rbis over his last six games. chicago's bats have yet to thaw following last weekend's blizzard in minnesota as the team has produced a total of three runs in losing its last three contests. after jose abreu homered in the ninth inning of the series opener to avoid a shutout loss for the white sox, yoan moncada launched a two-run shot in the eighth on tuesday to prevent a similar fate as the club fell for the 10th time in 12 games.
tv: 3:35 p.m. et, nbcs chicago, nbcs california (oakland)
pitching matchup: white sox rh carson fulmer (0-1, 4.66 era) vs. athletics rh andrew triggs (1-0, 2.87)

fulmer hopes to bounce back from a disappointing outing against tampa bay on april 10, when he surrendered four runs - three earned - on five hits and six walks in 4 2/3 innings of a loss. the 24-year-old floridian issued only one free pass over five frames in his season debut at toronto but did not factor in the decision after yielding three runs - two earned - and four hits. fulmer will be facing oakland for the first time in his career.
triggs has allowed fewer than three runs in each of his first three starts this season but has just one victory to show for his efforts. the 29-year-old native of tennessee settled for a no-decision at seattle on friday after giving up two runs and five hits over five innings. wednesday's start will be the first of triggs' career against the white sox.
walk-offs

1. piscotty is 11-for-25 with a homer and six rbis during his seven-game hitting streak.

2. chicago hopes to put the ball in play more often in the series finale after striking out 14 times on tuesday.

3. in addition to cahill, oakland recalled rhp lou trivino from triple-a nashville, designated of trayce thompson for assignment and placed rhp yusmeiro petit on the family medical emergency list on tuesday.

prediction: white sox 6, athletics 4

Can'tPickAWinner
04-18-2018, 10:19 AM
Kansas City Royals vs. Toronto Blue Jays Preview and Predictions 04-18-2018

the toronto blue jays had to wait a few days to get in a game, but once they got their roof patched up and returned to the field they managed to secure a pair of wins. the blue jays will try to pull off a three-game sweep when they host the kansas city royals in the series finale on wednesday.

toronto was rained out in cleveland on saturday and sunday and had monday's home game postponed when a chuck of ice ripped through the roof at rogers centre, but tuesday's doubleheader gave it a chance to get the bats back in gear. the blue jays pounded out 13 hits in an 11-3 drubbing in the opener on tuesday and added nine more in the nightcap for a 5-4 triumph in 10 innings, which gives the team 11 wins in 14 games since beginning the season with back-to-back losses. the royals are winless in seven straight and the setback in the nightcap marked just the fourth time in 15 games that they managed to score at least four runs. kansas city will try to find a way to push runs across on wednesday against veteran left-hander j.a. happ, who opposes ian kennedy.
tv: 4:07 p.m. et, no tv
pitching matchup: royals rh ian kennedy (1-1, 1.00 era) vs. blue jays lh j.a. happ (2-1, 3.94)

kennedy has allowed a total of two runs in 18 innings to begin the season but only owns one win in that span while getting little help from his offense or bullpen. the 33-year-old yielded one run and seven hits in six innings against the los angeles angels on thursday but ended up with a loss in a game kansas city went on to lose 7-1. kennedy lost his lone start against toronto last season and is looking for his first career win in his fourth start versus the blue jays.
happ turned in his first quality start of 2018 when he held the baltimore orioles to one run on five hits while striking out nine in six innings on april 9. the 35-year-old owns 23 strikeouts and five walks over 16 total innings but also surrendered four home runs. happ allowed two runs in 13 1/3 total innings over two starts against kansas city last season but ended up 0-1 in those turns.
walk-offs

1. royals rhp justin grimm allowed a total of seven runs in two innings over his last three appearances.

2. toronto c luke maile hit safely in each of his five games this season and scored a run in each of the last four.

3. kansas city 3b mike moustakas went 5-for-9 in the doubleheader and hit safely in each of his last nine games.

prediction: royals 3, blue jays 2

Can'tPickAWinner
Washington Nationals vs. New York Mets Preview and Predictions 04-18-2018

the washington nationals were left with a bitter taste in their mouths earlier this month after the new york mets sauntered into the nation's capital and recorded a three-game sweep. the nationals look to return the favor at citi field on wednesday, two days removed from overcoming a five-run deficit in the opener before posting a 5-2 triumph the following night.

trea turner has reached base 13 times in his last five games, answering a two-hit performance in the series opener with a three-hit effort on tuesday to raise his batting average 31 points to .250. bryce harper opened the scoring with a sacrifice fly in the third inning, marking his seventh rbi versus the mets this season. while washington has won three of four to even its record at 9-9 and improve to 6-2 on the road, new york (12-4) saw its streak of five series victories come to an end on tuesday with its third loss in four games. "we had a few opportunities where we were one swing away a few times. we just didn't get it done," mets manager mickey callaway said after seeing his team go 0-for-9 with runners in scoring position on tuesday.
tv: 7:10 p.m. et, masn (washington), sny (new york)
pitching matchup: nationals rh tanner roark (1-1, 3.50 era) vs. mets lh steven matz (1-1, 3.77)

roark, who owns a 7-2 mark with a 3.13 era in 18 career meetings with the mets, was able to walk away with a no-decision on april 8 despite allowing five runs on as many hits while issuing four free passes. the 31-year-old pitched significantly better five days later but was saddled with his first loss after permitting two runs on three hits in six innings of a 2-1 setback to colorado. roark has enjoyed the upper hand versus yoenis cespedes (2-for-16), wilmer flores (2-for-13) and juan lagares (3-for-17).
matz surrendered two homers for the second time in three outings but escaped with a victory versus milwaukee on friday. the 26-year-old, who owns a 1-2 career mark with a slim 1.85 era against washington, kept the ball in the park and struck out eight in a no-decision against the nationals on april 7. matz has flustered harper (2-for-11) and ryan zimmerman (0-for-11) while limiting the current roster to a .196 batting average with 23 strikeouts in 97 at-bats.
walk-offs

1. new york of jay bruce is 1-for-15 with five strikeouts in his last seven games.

2. washington of michael taylor has scored five times in his last four contests.

3. mets ss jose reyes is 0-for-17 with four strikeouts this season.

prediction: mets 4, nationals 2

Can'tPickAWinner
Cleveland Indians vs. Minnesota Twins Preview and Predictions 04-18-2018

the cleveland indians took a liking to historic hiram bithorn stadium in puerto rico on tuesday with a win over the minnesota twins and they'll try to make it a two-game sweep when the teams meet again in san juan on wednesday night. jose ramirez and michael brantley had three hits apiece and slugged two of the indians' four home runs in the series-opening 6-1 triumph.

one of the other blasts came off the bat of puerto rico native francisco lindor, who has broken out of a slump with eight hits in 19 at-bats over a four-game stretch. "these people need to cheer," lindor told reporters in a nod to the catastrophic hurricane maria that hit the island last september. the fans will have another chance to cheer their local favorites wednesday with jose berrios, who was born in nearby bayamon, getting the start for minnesota. mayaguez native roberto perez is set to catch cleveland starter carlos carrasco.
tv: 7:10 p.m. et, espn

pitching matchup: indians rh carlos carrasco (3-0, 3.48 era) vs. twins rh jose berrios (2-1, 2.18)
after tying for the major league lead with 18 wins last season, carrasco has picked up right where he left off with victories in each of his first three starts. he notched his ninth career complete game his last time out while allowing a run and three hits in a 5-1 win over the detroit tigers. joe mauer is 12-for-27 with a home run and four doubles against the 31-year-old carrasco, who is 5-6 with a 3.83 era in his career versus the twins.

two starts after posting his first career shutout, berrios spun seven scoreless innings while striking out 11 in a win over the chicago white sox on thursday. he has 24 strikeouts against one walk and is holding opponents to a .164 batting average through his first three outings. the 23-year-old has a 5.31 era in four career matchups with cleveland.
walk-offs

1. twins dh logan morrison went 0-for-3 on tuesday and is 3-for-37 on the season.

2. brantley is 7-for-13 over his last three games after going 2-for-13 in his first four contests to begin the year.

3. cleveland lhp andrew miller and rhp cody allen, the back end of the indians' bullpen, have combined for 14 1/3 scoreless innings this year.

prediction: twins 3, indians 2

Can'tPickAWinner
Philadelphia Phillies vs. Atlanta Braves Preview and Predictions 04-18-2018

the philadelphia phillies were expected to parlay a busy offseason into a modest improvement in 2018, not exactly a massive accomplishment given that they won just 66 games last season. although the calendar reads mid-april, the phillies (10-6) have won seven of eight to ascend into sole possession of second place in the national league east heading into wednesday's series finale against the host atlanta braves.

rhys hoskins and maikel franco each had a two-run double with two outs in the 10th inning of tuesday's 5-1 victory for philadelphia, with the former going 7-for-16 with one homer and five rbis in five encounters with atlanta this season. hoskins' 16 hits have him tied for second on the team with cesar hernandez, who has walked a club-best 15 times - including twice on tuesday - to raise his on-base percentage to .443. ender inciarte had three hits on tuesday and scored a run for the second straight contest for the braves (9-7), who saw their three-game winning streak come to an end. inciarte is 9-for-24 with five rbis and four runs scored in five contests versus philadelphia this season, as opposed to 5-for-41 with 10 strikeouts in the other 11 games.
tv: 7:35 p.m. et, nbcs philadelphia, fs southeast (atlanta)
pitching matchup: phillies rh vince velasquez (1-1, 3.52 era) vs. braves rh brandon mccarthy (2-0, 3.31)

velasquez's season began on a rocky note in atlanta, which erupted for seven runs on nine hits in 2 2/3 innings of a 15-2 shellacking on march 31. the 25-year-old has pitched significantly better in his last two outings, permitting one run on four hits in both to pick up the win versus miami on april 7 before settling for a no-decision six days later at tampa bay. velasquez has struck out 13 against two walks in his last two trips to the mound overall, but owns an 0-2 mark in five career games against atlanta while allowing the club to bat .363 versus him.
mccarthy benefited from atlanta's offensive uprising versus velasquez to walk away with the victory in his braves' debut, although the 34-year-old described his performance as "rocky" after allowing two runs in 5 1/3 innings. he won his next start and was in good shape last wednesday before grabbing his non-throwing shoulder after reaching back for a throw at first base. mccarthy exited with a partial dislocation and even had salt rubbed in the wound via social media from his wife, but proclaimed himself no worse for wear to start against the phillies.
walk-offs

1. atlanta 1b freddie freeman is 0-for-6 with two strikeouts in this series after going 3-for-9 with a homer, four rbis and five runs scored in the first set versus philadelphia.

2. phillies cf odubel herrera has hit safely in 10 of his last 12 games.

3. braves rf nick markakis is 0-for-7 in this series and gone hitless in four of his last six games.

prediction: braves 7, phillies 2

Can'tPickAWinner
San Francisco Giants vs. Arizona Diamondbacks Preview and Predictions 04-18-2018

the arizona diamondbacks have been tremendous at home thus far this season, going 6-1 overall while winning four straight. arizona looks to extend the winning streak on wednesday as it hosts the san francisco giants for the middle contest of their three-game series.

robbie ray has a tough act to follow as the diamondbacks received an outstanding pitching performance in the opener from patrick corbin, who kept san francisco hitless until brandon belt recorded an infield single with two outs in the eighth inning and registered his first career shutout - and first complete game since 2013. corbin also helped manufacture the game's lone run in the bottom of the eighth with a sacrifice as arizona improved to 3-1 against the giants this season. david peralta delivered an rbi single to extend his hitting streak to six games, a stretch during which he has gone 9-for-24. san francisco has lost four in a row after opening its 10-game road trip with a 7-0 victory in san diego, scoring fewer than two runs in three of the setbacks.
tv: 9:40 p.m. et, nbcs bay area (san francisco), fs arizona
pitching matchup: giants rh chris stratton (1-1, 2.60 era) vs. diamondbacks lh robbie ray (2-0, 5.74)

stratton has pitched well with madison bumgarner and jeff samardzija sidelined with injuries, allowing three runs or fewer in each of his first three starts. the 27-year-old stratton is coming off an outstanding performance at san diego on thursday, when he yielded just one hit over seven scoreless innings en route to his first win of the season. the native of mississippi has made three career starts against arizona, going 1-1 with a 3.18 era.
ray has yet to lose this year despite a pair of subpar efforts, including a no-decision at san francisco last wednesday in which he gave up three runs on five hits and three walks over 4 2/3 innings. the 26-year-old from tennessee was tagged by colorado for seven runs - six earned - on seven hits (three homers) and three walks over five frames in his season debut - and lone turn at home thus far - but still came away with the victory. ray has been excellent against san francisco in his career, going 4-1 with a 2.82 era in nine starts.
walk-offs

1. peralta has hit safely in nine of his 10 games this month and 11 of 13 overall this season.

2. san francisco 3b evan longoria (ankle) was scratched from the lineup for the series opener and also is expected to miss wednesday's contest.

3. arizona manager torey lovullo stated that rhp taijuan walker is headed to new york for a second opinion after an mri exam showed he has an ulnar collateral ligament injury.

prediction: diamondbacks 6, giants 2

Can'tPickAWinner
Boston Red Sox vs. Los Angeles Angels Preview and Predictions 04-18-2018

rick porcello won the american league cy young award two seasons ago when he had a 5-0 record in april. the right-hander is off to another strong start as he looks to post his fourth straight win of the current campaign when the boston red sox visit the los angeles angels on wednesday.

porcello had a 4.66 era through three starts in 2016 and certainly has been stingier this season with a 1.83 era, 0.76 whip and .182 batting average against. the 29-year-old took a no-hitter into the seventh inning of his last start before giving up two hits and exiting after the frame in a 6-3 win over the new york yankees. mookie betts belted three homers for the third time in his career to tie ted williams' club mark as the red sox trounced the angels 10-1 on tuesday. boston went deep six times in the contest and owns a major league-best 14-2 record while ending the seven-game winning streak of the also-hot angels, who are a franchise-best 13-4 through 17 games.
tv: 10:07 p.m. et, nesn (boston), fs west (los angeles)
pitching matchup: red sox rh rick porcello (3-0, 1.83 era) vs. angels lh tyler skaggs (2-0, 1.69)

porcello's strong start includes 17 strikeouts against just one walk in 19 2/3 innings. he is 6-7 with a 5.67 era in 16 career turns against los angeles but has tossed back-to-back complete games at angel stadium despite being just 1-4 with a 5.82 era in six career outings at the ballpark. porcello routinely struggles with ian kinsler (9-for-20, seven rbis), albert pujols (9-for-26, one homer) and kole calhoun (7-for-19, two homers) and also has served up two blasts to mike trout (7-for-29).
skaggs already has equaled his victory total from last season, when he went 2-6 with a 4.55 era in 16 starts. the 26-year-old struck out seven in five innings while beating texas in his last turn as he gave up one run and five hits. skaggs struck out eight and allowed four hits over 5 1/3 scoreless innings in his lone career start against boston in 2016.

walk-offs

1. betts was back in the red sox's lineup tuesday after missing one game with a foot injury.

2. los angeles rhp-dh shohei ohtani (blister on throwing hand) departed tuesday's game after two innings and said in his postgame press conference that he will take it "day by day" per his availability as a hitter.

3. boston has scored 75 runs over its past nine games.

prediction: red sox 9, angels 4

Can'tPickAWinner
04-18-2018, 10:20 AM
Houston Astros vs. Seattle Mariners Preview and Predictions 04-18-2018

gerrit cole has been sensational in his first three outings with the houston astros, but the right-hander has just one win to show for his efforts. cole looks to continue his hot start when he faces the host seattle mariners on wednesday in the third contest of a four-game series.

cole, who was acquired from pittsburgh in mid-january, has struck out 36 batters in 21 innings while allowing just 10 hits and four walks. he is hoping to register his fourth straight 10-strikeout performance and become the first houston hurler to accomplish the feat since randy johnson (1998), who shares the franchise mark of five straight such efforts with j.r. richard. brian mccann hit a tiebreaking two-run homer in tuesday's 4-1 victory as the astros defeated the mariners for the seventh time in eight meetings. seattle's robinson cano drilled his first homer of the season and the 302nd of his career, passing rogers hornsby for second place on the all-time list for second basemen.

tv: 10:10 p.m. et, at&t sportsnet-southwest plus (houston), root northwest (seattle)
pitching matchup: astros rh gerrit cole (1-0, 1.29 era) vs. mariners rh mike leake (2-0, 3.50)
cole recorded 11 strikeouts in each of his first two starts and then increased the total to a career-best 14 over seven innings of a no-decision against texas on friday. the 27-year-old is aiming to bounce back from a poor 2017 season with the pirates in which he posted a career-worst 4.26 era and served up a whopping 31 homers, well above his previous career high of 11. cole stood out in his lone career outing against seattle by allowing one run and three hits on july 27, 2016 in his only complete game in 130 major-league starts.
leake did not factor in the decision against oakland in his last turn after giving up three runs and seven hits over six innings. the 30-year-old has limited opposing batters to a .221 average in three starts but also has served up three homers. leake is 6-4 with a 3.29 era in 12 career appearances (10 starts) against the astros and will try to silence jose altuve (5-for-16, one triple, one double).
walk-offs

1. altuve went 1-for-5 on tuesday while playing in his 1,000th career game.

2. seattle batters struck out 14 times on tuesday and the club has scored just four runs in its last three contests.

3. houston cf jake marisnick is 0-for-13 with 10 strikeouts over his last four appearances after fanning in all four at-bats on tuesday.

prediction: astros 2, mariners 1

Can'tPickAWinner
04-18-2018, 10:20 AM
Los Angeles Dodgers vs. San Diego Padres Preview and Predictions 04-18-2018

los angeles dodgers catcher yasmani grandal appears intent on making sure his former team regrets letting him go three years ago. the red-hot grandal is riding a seven-game hitting streak for the dodgers, who aim for a three-game sweep of the host san diego padres on wednesday.

grandal belted a grand slam as part of a five-rbi effort as the dodgers rolled to a 10-3 victory on monday and followed that up with a two-run double in the 12th inning of tuesday's 7-3 victory. the 29-year-old, who spent three seasons in san diego, has 13 home runs and 33 rbi in 41 games against the padres since being traded to los angeles prior to the 2015 season. one concern for the dodgers remains the performance of dodgers closer kenley jansen, who blew his second save tuesday in the ninth inning when eric hosmer homered and pinch hitter chase headley doubled in a run to force extra innings. headley began the season as the padres' regular third baseman but has been replaced by christian villanueva, who is batting .327 with six home runs.
tv: 10:10 p.m. et, sportsnet la (los angeles), fs san diego
pitching matchup: dodgers rh kenta maeda (1-1, 2.08 era) vs. padres rh luis perdomo (1-1, 4.91)

making his first start in 13 days, maeda allowed five runs (two earned) on five hits and two walks over 2 2/3 innings against arizona last friday. the 30-year-old tossed five shutout innings in his season debut against san francisco on march 31 but was moved to the bullpen when the dodgers had multiple off-days and a rainout. freddy galvis is 5-for-9 with a homer against maeda, who is 3-3 with a 4.50 era in nine games (eight starts) against the padres.
perdomo was originally scheduled to start monday but had his outing pushed back while serving a five-game suspension. the 24-year-old threw two scoreless innings against colorado last wednesday but received an early ejection after sparking a benches-clearing brawl by hitting nolan arenado. perdomo is 1-4 with an 8.40 era in seven games (four starts) against the dodgers and has struggled to contain corey seager, who has seven hits in 18 at-bats.
walk-offs

1. the dodgers optioned inf breyvic valera to triple-a oklahoma city and selected the contract of utl max muncy.

2. the padres optioned kyle mcgrath to triple-a el paso and recalled fellow lhp tyler webb.

3. dodgers inf chase utley was hit by a pitch for the 200th time in his career on tuesday.

prediction: padres 5, dodgers 3

Can'tPickAWinner
04-18-2018, 10:21 AM
MLB
Dunkel

Wednesday, April 18

Colorado @ Pittsburgh

Game 901-902
April 18, 2018 @ 12:35 pm

Dunkel Rating:
Colorado
(Freeland) 14.100
Pittsburgh
(Kuhl) 15.214
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
Pittsburgh
by 1
Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
Pittsburgh
8 1/2
Dunkel Pick:
Pittsburgh
(-120); Under

Cincinnati @ Milwaukee

Game 903-904
April 18, 2018 @ 1:40 pm

Dunkel Rating:
Cincinnati
(Mahle) 13.512
Milwaukee
(Davies) 15.169
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
Milwaukee
by 1 1/2
Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
Milwaukee
8 1/2
Dunkel Pick:
Milwaukee
(-145); Over

St. Louis @ Chicago Cubs

Game 905-906
April 18, 2018 @ 2:20 pm

Dunkel Rating:
St. Louis
(Weaver) 14.848
Chicago Cubs
(Lester) 16.364
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
Chicago Cubs
by 1 1/2
Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
Chicago Cubs
No Total
Dunkel Pick:
Chicago Cubs
(-115); N/A

Washington @ NY Mets

Game 907-908
April 18, 2018 @ 7:10 pm

Dunkel Rating:
Washington
(Roark) 13.446
NY Mets
(Matz) 14.780
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
NY Mets
by 1 1/2
Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
NY Mets
Dunkel Pick:
NY Mets
(-110); Over

Philadelphia @ Atlanta

Game 909-910
April 18, 2018 @ 7:35 pm

Dunkel Rating:
Philadelphia
(Velasquez) 14.973
Atlanta
(McCrthy) 16.384
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
Atlanta
by 1 1/2
Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
Atlanta
8 1/2
Dunkel Pick:
Atlanta
(-115); Over

San Francisco @ Arizona

Game 911-912
April 18, 2018 @ 9:40 pm

Dunkel Rating:
San Francisco
(Stratton) 13.866
Arizona
(Ray) 16.943
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
Arizona
by 3
Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
Arizona
8 1/2
Dunkel Pick:
Arizona
(-140); Over

LA Dodgers @ San Diego

Game 913-914
April 18, 2018 @ 10:10 pm

Dunkel Rating:
LA Dodgers
(Maeda) 16.395
San Diego
(Perdomo) 14.251
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
LA Dodgers
by 2
Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
LA Dodgers
7 1/2
Dunkel Pick:
LA Dodgers
(-165); Over

Texas @ Tampa Bay

Game 915-916
April 18, 2018 @ 1:10 pm

Dunkel Rating:
Texas
(Hamels) 13.640
Tampa Bay
(Faria) 14.995
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
Tampa Bay
by 1 1/2
Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
Tampa Bay
7 1/2
Dunkel Pick:
Tampa Bay
(-115); Over

Chicago White Sox @ Oakland

Game 917-918
April 18, 2018 @ 3:35 pm

Dunkel Rating:
Chicago White Sox
(Fulmer) 16.917
Oakland
(Triggs) 15.317
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
Chicago White Sox
by 1 1/2
Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
Oakland
8 1/2
Dunkel Pick:
Chicago White Sox
(+190); Over

Kansas City @ Toronto

Game 919-920
April 18, 2018 @ 4:05 pm

Dunkel Rating:
Kansas City
(Kennedy) 14.067
Toronto
(Happ) 18.232
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
Toronto
by 4
Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
Toronto
8 1/2
Dunkel Pick:
Toronto
(-200); Over

Baltimore @ Detroit

Game 921-922
April 18, 2018 @ 1:10 pm

Dunkel Rating:
Baltimore
(Gausman) 15.831
Detroit
(Boyd) 14.455
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
Baltimore
by 1 1/2
Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
Baltimore
9 1/2
Dunkel Pick:
Baltimore
(-115); Under

Cleveland @ Minnesota

Game 923-924
April 18, 2018 @ 7:10 pm

Dunkel Rating:
Cleveland
(Carrasco) 16.480
Minnesota
(Berrios) 15.362
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
Cleveland
by 1
Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
Cleveland
7 1/2
Dunkel Pick:
Cleveland
(-120); Over

Boston @ LA Angels

Game 925-926
April 18, 2018 @ 10:05 pm

Dunkel Rating:
Boston
(Porcello) 19.220
LA Angels
(Skaggs) 16.664
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
Boston
by 2 1/2
Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
LA Angels
8 1/2
Dunkel Pick:
Boston
(+115); Over

Houston @ Seattle

Game 927-928
April 18, 2018 @ 10:10 pm

Dunkel Rating:
Houston
(Cole) 16.304
Seattle
(Leake) 15.120
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
Houston
by 1
Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
Houston
Dunkel Pick:
Houston
(-165); Under

Can'tPickAWinner
04-18-2018, 10:22 AM
MLB

Wednesday, April 18

National League
Rockies (11-8) @ Pirates (11-6)
Freeland is 0-2, 4.50 in three starts this season (under 2-1).
5-inning record: 1-1-1. Allowed run in 1st inning: 0-3

Kuhl is 1-1, 6.32 in three starts this season (over 3-0).
5-inning record: 2-1. Allowed run in 1st inning: 1-3

Colorado won six of its last seven games; under is 8-3 in their last 11 games. Pirates lost three of their last five games; their last three home games stayed under.

Nationals (9-9) @ Mets (12-4)
Roark is 1-1, 3.50 in three starts this season (over 1-1-1).
5-inning record: 1-1-1. Allowed run in 1st inning: 0-3

Matz is 1-1, 5.02 in his first three starts (under 2-1).
5-inning record: 1-2 Allowed run in 1st inning: 0-3

Washington won three of its last four games; six of their last nine games stayed under. Mets lost three of their last four games; under is 6-2 in their last eight home games.

Phillies (10-6) @ Braves (9-7)
Velasquez is 1-0, 1.42 in his last two starts (over 2-1).
5-inning record: 1-2 Allowed run in 1st inning: 2-3

McCarthy is 2-0, 3.31 in his first three starts (over 2-1). His left (non-throwing) shoulder popped out during his last start, but he is said to be OK.
5-inning record: 3-0 Allowed run in 1st inning: 2-3

Phillies won seven of their last eight games; under is 5-2 in their last seven games. Atlanta is 5-3 at home this season; eight of their last nine games stayed under.

Reds (3-14) @ Brewers (9-9)
Mahle is 0-2, 9.00 in his last two starts (under 3-0).
5-inning record: 1-2 Allowed run in 1st inning: 0-3

Davies is 0-2, 7.31 in his first three starts (over 2-1).
5-inning record: 1-2 Allowed run in 1st inning: 1-3

Reds lost nine of their last ten games; under is 6-2 in their last eight games. Milwaukee split its last six games, is 3-6 at home; under is 5-1-1 in their last seven home games.

Cardinals (10-7) @ Cubs (7-8)
Weaver is 2-0, 2.08 in his first three starts (under 3-0).
5-inning record: 3-0 Allowed run in 1st inning: 0-2

Lester is 1-0, 5.02 in his first three starts (over 2-1)
5-inning record: 2-0-1 Allowed run in 1st inning: 1-3

St Louis won its last five games; five of their last six games stayed under. Cubs are 2-4 at home this season; under is 9-3-1 in their last 13 games.

Dodgers (6-9) @ Padres (7-11)
Maeda is 1-1, 5.87 in his first two starts (over 1-1).
5-inning record: 1-1 Allowed run in 1st inning: 0-2

Perdomo is 1-1, 4.91 in three starts this season (under 2-1).

Dodgers won their last three games; their last six games went over. Padres are 4-9 at home this season; last four San Diego games went over.

Giants (6-10) @ Diamondbacks (12-4)
Stratton is 1-1, 3.12 in his first three starts (over 2-1).

Ray is 2-0, 6.32 in his first three starts (over 2-1).
5-inning record: 2-0-1 Allowed run in 1st inning: 0-3

Giants lost five of their last six games; under is 6-3 in their road games. Arizona won six of its last eight games; they’re 6-1 at home. Five of D’backs’ last six games went over.

American League
Orioles (5-12) @ Tigers (5-9)
Gausman is 1-1, 6.60 in his first three starts (under 2-1).
5-inning record: 2-1 Allowed run in 1st inning: 3-3

Boyd is 0-1, 1.38 in two starts this season (under 2-0); Tigers scored one run in the two games.
5-inning record: 0-2 Allowed run in 1st inning: 0-2

Orioles lost six of their last seven games; over is 4-2-1 in their last seven road games. Detroit lost five of its last six games; under is 6-2 in their last eight games.

Royals (3-12) @ Blue Jays (11-5)
Kennedy is 1-1, 1.00 in his first three starts (under 3-0); Royals scored five runs in those games.
5-inning record: 1-1-1 Allowed run in 1st inning: 2-3

Happ 2-1, 4.50 in his first three starts (under 2-1).
5-inning record: 2-1 Allowed run in 1st inning: 1-3

Royals lost their last seven games; under is 5-2 in their road games. Blue Jays won six of their last seven games; Jays’ last three games went over the total.

Indians (9-6) vs Twins (7-5) (@ Puerto Rico)
Carrasco is 3-0, 3.48 in his first three starts (under 2-1).
5-inning record: 3-0 Allowed run in 1st inning: 1-3

Berrios is 2-1, 2.18 in his first three starts (under 2-1)
5-inning record: 2-1 Allowed run in 1st inning: 0-3

Indians won six of their last seven games; under is 8-2 in their last ten games. Minnesota won three of its last four games. Under is 8-4 in their games. This series is in Puerto Rico.

Rangers (7-12) @ Rays (4-13)
Hamels is is 1-2, 5.32 in his first four starts (under 3-1)
5-inning record: 1-3 Allowed run in 1st inning: 3-4

Faria is 0-0, 1.93 in his first two home starts (under 2-1)
5-inning record: 1-1–1 Allowed run in 1st inning: 1-3

Rangers lost seven of their last 11 games; under is 6-3 in their road games. Tampa Bay lost 12 of its last 15 games; over is 8-2 in their last ten games.

White Sox (4-10) @ A’s (8-10)
Fulmer is 0-1, 6.52 in his first two ’18 starts (over 1-1).
5-inning record: 1-1 Allowed run in 1st inning: 0-2

Triggs is 1-0, 2.87 in his first three starts (over 2-1).
5-inning record: 1-0-2 Allowed run in 1st inning: 1-3

White Sox lost seven of their last eight games; five of their last seven road games stayed under. Oakland won its last three games, under is 5-1 in their last six games.

Red Sox (14-2) @ Angels (13-4)
Porcello is 3-0, 1.83 in his first three starts (over 1-0-1)
5-inning record: 3-0 Allowed run in 1st inning: 1-3

Skaggs is 2-0, 1.69 in his first three starts (under 2-1)
5-inning record: 2-0-1 Allowed run in 1st inning: 1-3

Boston won its last five games; four of their last six road games stayed under. Angels won seven of their last eight games; under is 3-1-1 in their last five games.

Astros (11-7) @ Mariners (9-6)
Cole is 1-0, 1.29 in his first three starts (under 2-1).

Leake is 3-0, 3.50 in his first three starts (over 3-0). Mariners scored 23 runs in those games.

Houston lost four of their last seven games; under is 10-2 in their last 12 games. Seattle won six of its last nine games; over is 9-6 in their games this season.

Umpires
Col-Pitt: Four of last five Davis games stayed under.
Wsh-NY: Over is 9-4-1 in last 14 Woodring games.
Phil-Atl: Four of last five Foster games stayed under.
Cin-Mil: Under is 4-0-1 in last five Kellogg games.
SF-Az: Eight of last nine Cuzzi games stayed under.
LA-SD: Home side won seven of last nine Wendelstedt games.

Blt-Det: Last five Rackley games went over the total.
KC-Tor: Underdogs won seven of last ten Kulpa games
Clev-Min: Home side won 10 of last 11 Cooper games
Tex-TB: Under is 10-1 in last eleven Dreckman games
Chi-A’s: Last five Wegner games stayed under total.
Bos-LAA: Home side won last five Baker games.
Hst-Sea: Three of last four Johnson games went over.

Teams’ records in first five innings:
Team (road-home-total)- thru 4/17/18
Ariz 5-3-1……5-0-2…..10-3
Atl 5-3……4-2-2……..9-5
Cubs 3-4-2……0-5-1…..3-9
Reds 2-6-1……1-6-1…..3-12
Colo 7-5-2……2-2-1……9-7
LA 3-3-1…..4-4-1……..7-7
Miami 1-3-1…..4-4-4……..5-7
Milw 6-3…….2-6-1………8-9
Mets 3-3……6-3-2………8-6
Philly 3-3-4…..3-1-1……..6-4
Pitt 6-1-2….6-2……….12-3
St. Louis 8-2-1…….2-4……..10-6
SD 2-2-2…..3-9-1……..5-11
SF 3-4-2…..2-4-1……..5-8
Wash 5-3……..4-5-1……..9-8

Orioles 2-6-3…….1-3-2……3-9
Boston 4-0-3……..5-2-2……9-2
White Sox 3-5………1-5………4-10
Cleveland 3-2-2……5-1-2…….8-3
Detroit 2-5………2-5………4-10
Astros 3-3-3……5-3-1…….8-6
KC 3-3-1……3-4-1…….6-7
Angels 8-1-1……2-4-1…….10-5
Twins 2-3-1……3-2-1…….5-5
NYY 5-2-1……4-2-2…….9-4
A’s 4-3-1……3-5-2……7-8
Seattle 4-2-1……2-2-4……6-4
TB 4-3-1……2-5-2…….6-8
Texas 4-4-1……..2-8……..6-12
Toronto 3-2-2……2-6-1…….5-8

%age of times teams score in first inning (road/home/total- 4/17/18)
Ariz 4-8……..4-7………..8
Atl 3-8……..5-8………..8
Cubs 1-9……..2-6………..3
Reds 1-9……..1-8………..2
Colo 7-13……2-6..………9
LA 2-7……..3-8..………5
Miami 2-5……..4-12……….6
Milw 2-9……..0-9…..…….2
Mets 1-6……..6-10…………7
Philly 2-10……..4-6…………6
Pitt 1-9……..3-8…………4
StL 3-10……..1-6…………4
SD 1-6……..1-12……….2
SF 1-8………2-7……….3
Wash 6-8……..5-10………11

Orioles 5-11……0-6………..5
Boston 2-7……..6-9………..7
White Sox 0-8…….2-6………..2
Clev 1-7……..3-8……….4
Detroit 1-7…….0-7………..1
Astros 3-9……..3-7……….6
KC 2-7……..3-8………..5
Angels 5-10……..2-6……….7
Twins 1-6……..0-6……….1
NYY 2-8……..4-8……….6
A’s 4-8……..1-10……5
Seattle 4-7…….3-8……….7
TB 3-8…….2-9………5
Texas 1-9……..2-10…….3
Toronto 2-7……..2-9………4

Interleague play- 2018
NL @ AL– 8-2 NL, favorites -$415
AL @ NL– 2-2 , favorites -$112
Total: 10-4 NL, favorites -$527

Totals in interleague games
NL @ AL: Under 5-5
AL @ NL: Under 2-2
Total: Under 7-7

Can'tPickAWinner
04-18-2018, 10:22 AM
MLB

Wednesday, April 18

Trend Report

Colorado Rockies
Colorado is 6-1 ATS in its last 7 games
Colorado is 6-1 SU in its last 7 games
Colorado is 7-1 ATS in its last 8 games on the road
Colorado is 7-1 SU in its last 8 games on the road
Colorado is 5-1 ATS in its last 6 games when playing Pittsburgh
Colorado is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games when playing Pittsburgh
Colorado is 8-15 SU in its last 23 games when playing Pittsburgh
Colorado is 5-11 SU in its last 16 games when playing on the road against Pittsburgh
The total has gone UNDER in 7 of Colorado's last 10 games when playing on the road against Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh Pirates
Pittsburgh is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games
Pittsburgh is 13-6 SU in its last 19 games
Pittsburgh is 15-7 ATS in its last 22 games at home
Pittsburgh is 8-4 SU in its last 12 games at home
Pittsburgh is 1-5 ATS in its last 6 games when playing Colorado
Pittsburgh is 15-8 SU in its last 23 games when playing Colorado
Pittsburgh is 1-5 SU in its last 6 games when playing Colorado
Pittsburgh is 11-5 SU in its last 16 games when playing at home against Colorado
The total has gone UNDER in 7 of Pittsburgh's last 10 games when playing at home against Colorado

Texas Rangers
Texas is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games
Texas is 3-6 SU in its last 9 games
The total has gone OVER in 6 of Texas's last 9 games
Texas is 5-1 ATS in its last 6 games on the road
Texas is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games on the road
The total has gone UNDER in 12 of Texas's last 17 games on the road
Texas is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games when playing Tampa Bay
The total has gone OVER in 6 of Texas's last 8 games when playing Tampa Bay
Texas is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games when playing on the road against Tampa Bay
The total has gone OVER in 6 of Texas's last 8 games when playing on the road against Tampa Bay
Tampa Bay Rays
Tampa Bay is 2-6 ATS in its last 8 games
Tampa Bay is 1-5 SU in its last 6 games
The total has gone OVER in 4 of Tampa Bay's last 5 games
Tampa Bay is 7-3 ATS in its last 10 games at home
Tampa Bay is 1-7 SU in its last 8 games at home
The total has gone OVER in 4 of Tampa Bay's last 5 games at home
Tampa Bay is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games when playing Texas
The total has gone OVER in 6 of Tampa Bay's last 8 games when playing Texas
Tampa Bay is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games when playing at home against Texas
The total has gone OVER in 6 of Tampa Bay's last 8 games when playing at home against Texas

Baltimore Orioles
Baltimore is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games
Baltimore is 1-6 SU in its last 7 games
The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Baltimore's last 6 games
Baltimore is 1-5 ATS in its last 6 games on the road
Baltimore is 1-5 SU in its last 6 games on the road
The total has gone OVER in 5 of Baltimore's last 7 games on the road
Baltimore is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games when playing Detroit
Baltimore is 2-5 SU in its last 7 games when playing Detroit
Baltimore is 5-2 ATS in its last 7 games when playing on the road against Detroit
Detroit Tigers
Detroit is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games
Detroit is 1-5 SU in its last 6 games
The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Detroit's last 8 games
Detroit is 2-9 ATS in its last 11 games at home
Detroit is 2-12 SU in its last 14 games at home
The total has gone OVER in 15 of Detroit's last 22 games at home
The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Detroit's last 6 games at home
Detroit is 4-2 ATS in its last 6 games when playing Baltimore
Detroit is 5-2 SU in its last 7 games when playing Baltimore
Detroit is 2-5 ATS in its last 7 games when playing at home against Baltimore

Cincinnati Reds
Cincinnati is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games
Cincinnati is 1-9 SU in its last 10 games
The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Cincinnati's last 5 games
Cincinnati is 1-5 SU in its last 6 games on the road
The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Cincinnati's last 6 games on the road
Cincinnati is 7-1 ATS in its last 8 games when playing Milwaukee
The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Cincinnati's last 6 games when playing Milwaukee
Cincinnati is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games when playing on the road against Milwaukee
Cincinnati is 3-8 SU in its last 11 games when playing on the road against Milwaukee
The total has gone OVER in 8 of Cincinnati's last 11 games when playing on the road against Milwaukee
Milwaukee Brewers
Milwaukee is 5-1 ATS in its last 6 games
The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Milwaukee's last 6 games
Milwaukee is 2-11 ATS in its last 13 games at home
Milwaukee is 2-5 SU in its last 7 games at home
The total has gone UNDER in 17 of Milwaukee's last 22 games at home
Milwaukee is 1-7 ATS in its last 8 games when playing Cincinnati
The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Milwaukee's last 6 games when playing Cincinnati
Milwaukee is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games when playing at home against Cincinnati
Milwaukee is 8-3 SU in its last 11 games when playing at home against Cincinnati
The total has gone OVER in 8 of Milwaukee's last 11 games when playing at home against Cincinnati

St. Louis Cardinals
St. Louis is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games
St. Louis is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games
The total has gone UNDER in 4 of St. Louis's last 6 games
St. Louis is 8-1 ATS in its last 9 games on the road
St. Louis is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games on the road
The total has gone UNDER in 5 of St. Louis's last 7 games on the road
St. Louis is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games when playing Chi Cubs
St. Louis is 2-8 SU in its last 10 games when playing Chi Cubs
St. Louis is 1-5 SU in its last 6 games when playing on the road against Chi Cubs
Chicago Cubs
Chi Cubs is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games
Chi Cubs is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games
Chi Cubs is 2-5 ATS in its last 7 games at home
Chi Cubs is 2-5 SU in its last 7 games at home
Chi Cubs is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games when playing St. Louis
Chi Cubs is 8-2 SU in its last 10 games when playing St. Louis
Chi Cubs is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games when playing at home against St. Louis

Chicago White Sox
Chi White Sox is 3-6 ATS in its last 9 games
Chi White Sox is 1-8 SU in its last 9 games
The total has gone OVER in 4 of Chi White Sox's last 6 games
Chi White Sox is 1-5 ATS in its last 6 games on the road
Chi White Sox is 1-5 SU in its last 6 games on the road
Chi White Sox is 2-6 ATS in its last 8 games when playing Oakland
Chi White Sox is 1-7 SU in its last 8 games when playing Oakland
The total has gone OVER in 5 of Chi White Sox's last 5 games when playing Oakland
Chi White Sox is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games when playing on the road against Oakland
The total has gone OVER in 5 of Chi White Sox's last 5 games when playing on the road against Oakland
Oakland Athletics
Oakland is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games
The total has gone OVER in 5 of Oakland's last 6 games
Oakland is 4-2 ATS in its last 6 games at home
Oakland is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games at home
Oakland is 6-2 ATS in its last 8 games when playing Chi White Sox
Oakland is 7-1 SU in its last 8 games when playing Chi White Sox
The total has gone OVER in 5 of Oakland's last 5 games when playing Chi White Sox
Oakland is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games when playing at home against Chi White Sox
The total has gone OVER in 5 of Oakland's last 5 games when playing at home against Chi White Sox

Kansas City Royals
Kansas City is 2-5 ATS in its last 7 games
Kansas City is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games
Kansas City is 4-2 ATS in its last 6 games on the road
Kansas City is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games on the road
The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Kansas City's last 7 games on the road
Kansas City is 8-3 ATS in its last 11 games when playing Toronto
Kansas City is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games when playing Toronto
The total has gone UNDER in 11 of Kansas City's last 16 games when playing Toronto
Kansas City is 2-7 SU in its last 9 games when playing on the road against Toronto
Toronto Blue Jays
Toronto is 6-1 SU in its last 7 games
Toronto is 5-2 ATS in its last 7 games at home
Toronto is 6-1 SU in its last 7 games at home
Toronto is 3-8 ATS in its last 11 games when playing Kansas City
Toronto is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games when playing Kansas City
The total has gone UNDER in 11 of Toronto's last 16 games when playing Kansas City
Toronto is 7-2 SU in its last 9 games when playing at home against Kansas City

Cleveland Indians
Cleveland is 5-2 ATS in its last 7 games
Cleveland is 6-13 ATS in its last 19 games
Cleveland is 6-1 SU in its last 7 games
The total has gone UNDER in 8 of Cleveland's last 10 games
Cleveland is 2-7 ATS in its last 9 games on the road
Cleveland is 18-7 SU in its last 25 games on the road
Cleveland is 3-6 SU in its last 9 games on the road
Cleveland is 5-2 ATS in its last 7 games when playing Minnesota
Cleveland is 5-2 SU in its last 7 games when playing Minnesota
The total has gone UNDER in 10 of Cleveland's last 12 games when playing Minnesota
Cleveland is 11-1 ATS in its last 12 games when playing on the road against Minnesota
Cleveland is 11-1 SU in its last 12 games when playing on the road against Minnesota
The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Cleveland's last 6 games when playing on the road against Minnesota
Minnesota Twins
Minnesota is 9-3 ATS in its last 12 games
The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Minnesota's last 5 games
Minnesota is 17-8 SU in its last 25 games at home
The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Minnesota's last 5 games at home
Minnesota is 2-5 ATS in its last 7 games when playing Cleveland
Minnesota is 2-5 SU in its last 7 games when playing Cleveland
The total has gone UNDER in 10 of Minnesota's last 12 games when playing Cleveland
Minnesota is 1-11 ATS in its last 12 games when playing at home against Cleveland
Minnesota is 1-11 SU in its last 12 games when playing at home against Cleveland
The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Minnesota's last 6 games when playing at home against Cleveland

Washington Nationals
The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Washington's last 9 games
Washington is 6-3 ATS in its last 9 games on the road
Washington is 7-2 SU in its last 9 games on the road
Washington is 2-8 ATS in its last 10 games when playing NY Mets
Washington is 8-4 ATS in its last 12 games when playing on the road against NY Mets
Washington is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games when playing on the road against NY Mets
Washington is 10-2 SU in its last 12 games when playing on the road against NY Mets
The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Washington's last 6 games when playing on the road against NY Mets
New York Mets
NY Mets is 0-5 ATS in its last 5 games
NY Mets is 10-3 SU in its last 13 games
The total has gone UNDER in 4 of NY Mets's last 6 games
NY Mets is 0-5 ATS in its last 5 games at home
NY Mets is 9-4 SU in its last 13 games at home
The total has gone UNDER in 6 of NY Mets's last 8 games at home
NY Mets is 8-2 ATS in its last 10 games when playing Washington
NY Mets is 4-2 ATS in its last 6 games when playing at home against Washington
NY Mets is 4-8 ATS in its last 12 games when playing at home against Washington
NY Mets is 2-10 SU in its last 12 games when playing at home against Washington
The total has gone UNDER in 4 of NY Mets's last 6 games when playing at home against Washington

Philadelphia Phillies
Philadelphia is 7-1 SU in its last 8 games
The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Philadelphia's last 7 games
Philadelphia is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games on the road
The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Philadelphia's last 7 games on the road
Philadelphia is 3-7 SU in its last 10 games when playing Atlanta
The total has gone UNDER in 8 of Philadelphia's last 11 games when playing on the road against Atlanta
Atlanta Braves
Atlanta is 8-4 ATS in its last 12 games
The total has gone UNDER in 8 of Atlanta's last 9 games
Atlanta is 4-2 ATS in its last 6 games at home
Atlanta is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games at home
Atlanta is 7-3 SU in its last 10 games when playing Philadelphia
The total has gone UNDER in 8 of Atlanta's last 11 games when playing at home against Philadelphia

San Francisco Giants
San Francisco is 1-5 SU in its last 6 games
San Francisco is 1-6 SU in its last 7 games on the road
The total has gone UNDER in 7 of San Francisco's last 10 games on the road
San Francisco is 10-5 ATS in its last 15 games when playing Arizona
San Francisco is 1-5 SU in its last 6 games when playing Arizona
San Francisco is 5-2 ATS in its last 7 games when playing on the road against Arizona
San Francisco is 1-8 SU in its last 9 games when playing on the road against Arizona
The total has gone OVER in 12 of San Francisco's last 17 games when playing on the road against Arizona
Arizona Diamondbacks
Arizona is 9-4 ATS in its last 13 games
Arizona is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games
The total has gone OVER in 5 of Arizona's last 6 games
Arizona is 6-1 SU in its last 7 games at home
The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Arizona's last 5 games at home
Arizona is 5-10 ATS in its last 15 games when playing San Francisco
Arizona is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games when playing San Francisco
Arizona is 2-5 ATS in its last 7 games when playing at home against San Francisco
Arizona is 8-1 SU in its last 9 games when playing at home against San Francisco
The total has gone OVER in 12 of Arizona's last 17 games when playing at home against San Francisco

Boston Red Sox
Boston is 5-0 ATS in its last 5 games
Boston is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games
The total has gone OVER in 7 of Boston's last 9 games
Boston is 3-7 ATS in its last 10 games on the road
Boston is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games on the road
The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Boston's last 6 games on the road
Boston is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games when playing LA Angels
Boston is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games when playing LA Angels
Boston is 4-8 SU in its last 12 games when playing on the road against LA Angels
Los Angeles Angels
LA Angels is 6-2 ATS in its last 8 games
LA Angels is 7-1 SU in its last 8 games
LA Angels is 4-2 ATS in its last 6 games at home
LA Angels is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games at home
The total has gone OVER in 4 of LA Angels's last 6 games at home
LA Angels is 4-2 ATS in its last 6 games when playing Boston
LA Angels is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games when playing Boston
LA Angels is 8-4 SU in its last 12 games when playing at home against Boston

Los Angeles Dodgers
LA Dodgers is 4-8 ATS in its last 12 games
The total has gone OVER in 5 of LA Dodgers's last 5 games
LA Dodgers is 2-6 ATS in its last 8 games on the road
LA Dodgers is 5-0 ATS in its last 5 games when playing San Diego
LA Dodgers is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games when playing San Diego
The total has gone OVER in 5 of LA Dodgers's last 5 games when playing San Diego
LA Dodgers is 2-5 ATS in its last 7 games when playing on the road against San Diego
LA Dodgers is 8-4 SU in its last 12 games when playing on the road against San Diego
The total has gone OVER in 5 of LA Dodgers's last 5 games when playing on the road against San Diego
San Diego Padres
San Diego is 2-5 ATS in its last 7 games
San Diego is 8-17 SU in its last 25 games
The total has gone OVER in 4 of San Diego's last 5 games
San Diego is 2-6 ATS in its last 8 games at home
San Diego is 4-10 SU in its last 14 games at home
The total has gone OVER in 4 of San Diego's last 5 games at home
San Diego is 0-5 ATS in its last 5 games when playing LA Dodgers
San Diego is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games when playing LA Dodgers
The total has gone OVER in 5 of San Diego's last 5 games when playing LA Dodgers
San Diego is 5-2 ATS in its last 7 games when playing at home against LA Dodgers
San Diego is 4-8 SU in its last 12 games when playing at home against LA Dodgers
The total has gone OVER in 5 of San Diego's last 5 games when playing at home against LA Dodgers

Houston Astros
Houston is 1-6 ATS in its last 7 games
Houston is 2-5 SU in its last 7 games
The total has gone UNDER in 10 of Houston's last 12 games
Houston is 7-14 ATS in its last 21 games on the road
The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Houston's last 5 games on the road
Houston is 7-1 ATS in its last 8 games when playing Seattle
Houston is 7-1 SU in its last 8 games when playing Seattle
The total has gone UNDER in 9 of Houston's last 10 games when playing Seattle
Houston is 6-1 ATS in its last 7 games when playing on the road against Seattle
Houston is 6-1 SU in its last 7 games when playing on the road against Seattle
The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Houston's last 5 games when playing on the road against Seattle
Seattle Mariners
Seattle is 6-1 ATS in its last 7 games
Seattle is 5-2 SU in its last 7 games
The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Seattle's last 6 games
Seattle is 7-1 ATS in its last 8 games at home
Seattle is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games at home
Seattle is 1-7 ATS in its last 8 games when playing Houston
Seattle is 1-7 SU in its last 8 games when playing Houston
The total has gone UNDER in 9 of Seattle's last 10 games when playing Houston
Seattle is 1-6 ATS in its last 7 games when playing at home against Houston
Seattle is 1-6 SU in its last 7 games when playing at home against Houston
The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Seattle's last 5 games when playing at home against Houston

Can'tPickAWinner
04-18-2018, 10:23 AM
MLB
Long Sheet

Wednesday, April 18

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

COLORADO (11 - 8) at PITTSBURGH (11 - 6) - 12:35 PM
KYLE FREELAND (L) vs. CHAD KUHL (R)
Top Trends for this game.
COLORADO is 320-438 (-107.8 Units) against the money line on the road when the money line is +125 to -125 since 1997.
PITTSBURGH is 7-0 (+8.2 Units) against the money line in day games this season.
PITTSBURGH is 418-429 (+37.4 Units) against the money line in home games when playing against a team with a winning record since 1997.
COLORADO is 98-84 (+14.8 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons.
COLORADO is 50-45 (+17.5 Units) against the money line in road games over the last 2 seasons.
COLORADO is 8-2 (+8.8 Units) against the money line in road games in April games this season.
COLORADO is 21-11 (+13.6 Units) against the money line in road games in day games over the last 2 seasons.
COLORADO is 27-19 (+16.3 Units) against the money line in road games after a win over the last 2 seasons.
COLORADO is 37-32 (+13.8 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a winning record over the last 2 seasons.
FREELAND is 10-4 (+8.8 Units) against the money line in road games over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)

Head-to-Head Series History
COLORADO is 2-0 (+2.5 Units) against PITTSBURGH this season
1 of 1 games in this series have gone UNDER THE TOTAL this season . (Under=+1.0 Units)

KYLE FREELAND vs. PITTSBURGH since 1997
FREELAND is 1-1 when starting against PITTSBURGH with an ERA of 4.63 and a WHIP of 1.628.
His team's record is 1-1 (+0.0 units) in these starts. The OVER is 1-0. (+1.0 units)

CHAD KUHL vs. COLORADO since 1997
KUHL is 0-2 when starting against COLORADO with an ERA of 5.73 and a WHIP of 1.364.
His team's record is 0-2 (-2.0 units) in these starts. The UNDER is 2-0. (+2.0 units)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CINCINNATI (3 - 14) at MILWAUKEE (9 - 9) - 1:40 PM
TYLER MAHLE (R) vs. ZACH DAVIES (R)
CINCINNATI is 3-14 (-10.5 Units) against the money line in all games this season.
MILWAUKEE is 95-85 (+18.4 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons.
MILWAUKEE is 76-65 (+17.6 Units) against the money line against right-handed starters over the last 2 seasons.
MILWAUKEE is 36-50 (-21.5 Units) against the money line in home games after shutting out their opponent since 1997.

CINCINNATI is 1-1 (+0.2 Units) against MILWAUKEE this season
1 of 2 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL this season . (Over=-0.1 Units, Under=-0.1 Units)

TYLER MAHLE vs. MILWAUKEE since 1997
No recent starts.

ZACH DAVIES vs. CINCINNATI since 1997
DAVIES is 2-3 when starting against CINCINNATI with an ERA of 3.72 and a WHIP of 1.324.
His team's record is 4-5 (-2.0 units) in these starts. The UNDER is 2-7. (-6.2 units)

ST LOUIS (10 - 7) at CHICAGO CUBS (7 - 8) - 2:20 PM
LUKE WEAVER (R) vs. JON LESTER (L)
ST LOUIS is 95-122 (-41.9 Units) against the money line in road games after 3 or more consecutive wins since 1997.
CHICAGO CUBS are 103-84 (-19.8 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons.
CHICAGO CUBS are 908-827 (-163.6 Units) against the money line in home games since 1997.
CHICAGO CUBS are 423-383 (-88.1 Units) against the money line in home games against division opponents since 1997.
CHICAGO CUBS are 42-43 (-26.6 Units) against the money line in day games over the last 2 seasons.
CHICAGO CUBS are 77-64 (-19.2 Units) against the money line against right-handed starters over the last 2 seasons.
CHICAGO CUBS are 18-24 (-17.3 Units) against the money line in home games when playing against a team with a winning record over the last 2 seasons.

ST LOUIS is 1-0 (+1.1 Units) against CHICAGO CUBS this season
1 of 1 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL this season . (Over=+1.0 Units)

LUKE WEAVER vs. CHICAGO CUBS since 1997
WEAVER is 0-1 when starting against CHICAGO CUBS with an ERA of 12.86 and a WHIP of 2.286.
His team's record is 1-1 (+0.5 units) in these starts. The OVER is 2-0. (+2.0 units)

JON LESTER vs. ST LOUIS since 1997
LESTER is 7-5 when starting against ST LOUIS with an ERA of 2.16 and a WHIP of 1.003.
His team's record is 10-7 (+2.6 units) in these starts. The OVER is 4-11. (-7.7 units)

WASHINGTON (9 - 9) at NY METS (12 - 4) - 7:10 PM
TANNER ROARK (R) vs. STEVEN MATZ (L)
WASHINGTON is 29-17 (+12.5 Units) against the money line on the road when the money line is +125 to -125 over the last 2 seasons.
WASHINGTON is 57-34 (+17.9 Units) against the money line in road games over the last 2 seasons.
WASHINGTON is 76-42 (+18.5 Units) against the money line in night games over the last 2 seasons.
WASHINGTON is 37-19 (+16.2 Units) against the money line in road games after a win over the last 2 seasons.
NY METS are 87-86 (-29.2 Units) against the money line in home games over the last 3 seasons.
NY METS are 8-14 (-11.3 Units) against the money line in home games in April games over the last 2 seasons.
NY METS are 36-44 (-28.6 Units) against the money line in home games against division opponents over the last 3 seasons.
NY METS are 39-47 (-21.3 Units) against the money line in home games after a loss over the last 3 seasons.

NY METS is 3-2 (+1.8 Units) against WASHINGTON this season
3 of 5 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL this season . (Over=+0.8 Units)

TANNER ROARK vs. NY METS since 1997
ROARK is 7-2 when starting against NY METS with an ERA of 2.99 and a WHIP of 1.175.
His team's record is 8-4 (+3.1 units) in these starts. The OVER is 5-5. (-0.4 units)

STEVEN MATZ vs. WASHINGTON since 1997
MATZ is 1-2 when starting against WASHINGTON with an ERA of 1.85 and a WHIP of 1.000.
His team's record is 2-3 (-0.6 units) in these starts. The OVER is 1-4. (-3.4 units)

PHILADELPHIA (10 - 6) at ATLANTA (9 - 7) - 7:35 PM
VINCENT VELASQUEZ (R) vs. BRANDON MCCARTHY (R)
PHILADELPHIA is 48-81 (-26.6 Units) against the money line against right-handed starters over the last 2 seasons.
ATLANTA is 61-63 (+20.3 Units) against the money line when the total is 8 to 8.5 over the last 3 seasons.
ATLANTA is 72-90 (+22.0 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a winning record over the last 3 seasons.
PHILADELPHIA is 398-359 (+45.7 Units) against the money line on the road when the money line is +125 to -125 since 1997.
PHILADELPHIA is 34-26 (+15.0 Units) against the money line in April games over the last 3 seasons.
PHILADELPHIA is 390-441 (+46.4 Units) against the money line in road games when playing against a team with a winning record since 1997.

ATLANTA is 3-2 (+1.2 Units) against PHILADELPHIA this season
2 of 4 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL this season . (Over=-0.2 Units, Under=-0.4 Units)

VINCENT VELASQUEZ vs. ATLANTA since 1997
VELASQUEZ is 0-2 when starting against ATLANTA with an ERA of 3.77 and a WHIP of 1.395.
His team's record is 2-3 (-1.7 units) in these starts. The UNDER is 2-3. (-1.3 units)

BRANDON MCCARTHY vs. PHILADELPHIA since 1997
MCCARTHY is 1-1 when starting against PHILADELPHIA with an ERA of 2.84 and a WHIP of 1.303.
His team's record is 2-2 (-0.6 units) in these starts. The UNDER is 2-2. (-0.2 units)

SAN FRANCISCO (6 - 10) at ARIZONA (12 - 4) - 9:40 PM
CHRIS STRATTON (R) vs. ROBBIE RAY (L)
SAN FRANCISCO is 70-108 (-39.3 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons.
SAN FRANCISCO is 54-70 (-27.1 Units) against the money line when the total is 8 to 8.5 over the last 3 seasons.
SAN FRANCISCO is 13-38 (-20.0 Units) against the money line as a road underdog of +125 to +175 over the last 3 seasons.
SAN FRANCISCO is 29-61 (-28.8 Units) against the money line in road games over the last 2 seasons.
SAN FRANCISCO is 13-26 (-16.7 Units) against the money line in April games over the last 2 seasons.
SAN FRANCISCO is 12-35 (-20.9 Units) against the money line in road games against division opponents over the last 2 seasons.
SAN FRANCISCO is 101-125 (-37.3 Units) against the money line in night games over the last 3 seasons.
SAN FRANCISCO is 11-32 (-17.0 Units) against the money line in road games when playing against a team with a winning record over the last 2 seasons.
ARIZONA is 12-4 (+9.5 Units) against the money line in all games this season.
ARIZONA is 59-31 (+20.9 Units) against the money line in home games over the last 2 seasons.
ARIZONA is 10-3 (+9.0 Units) against the money line in April games this season.
ARIZONA is 10-3 (+8.1 Units) against the money line against division opponents this season.
ARIZONA is 9-2 (+7.9 Units) against the money line in night games this season.
ARIZONA is 64-41 (+19.7 Units) against the money line after a win over the last 2 seasons.
RAY is 23-9 (+13.6 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
RAY is 14-4 (+10.1 Units) against the money line against division opponents over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
RAY is 12-3 (+9.4 Units) against the money line after a win over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
RAY is 15-2 (+12.8 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a losing record over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
SAN FRANCISCO is 58-37 (+24.4 Units) against the money line in road games after getting shut out since 1997.
STRATTON is 7-0 (+8.8 Units) against the money line when the total is 8 to 8.5 over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
ARIZONA is 242-236 (-53.4 Units) against the money line at home when the total is 8 to 8.5 since 1997.
ARIZONA is 614-561 (-75.3 Units) against the money line in home games against right-handed starters since 1997.
RAY is 3-9 (-10.0 Units) against the money line as a home favorite of -125 to -175 over the last 3 seasons. (Team's Record)

ARIZONA is 3-1 (+1.9 Units) against SAN FRANCISCO this season
2 of 4 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL this season . (Over=-0.3 Units, Under=-0.2 Units)

CHRIS STRATTON vs. ARIZONA since 1997
STRATTON is 1-1 when starting against ARIZONA with an ERA of 3.18 and a WHIP of 1.412.
His team's record is 2-1 (+1.7 units) in these starts. The OVER is 3-0. (+3.0 units)

ROBBIE RAY vs. SAN FRANCISCO since 1997
RAY is 4-1 when starting against SAN FRANCISCO with an ERA of 2.82 and a WHIP of 1.333.
His team's record is 6-3 (+2.9 units) in these starts. The OVER is 5-4. (+0.9 units)

LA DODGERS (7 - 9) at SAN DIEGO (7 - 12) - 10:10 PM
KENTA MAEDA (R) vs. LUIS PERDOMO (R)
LA DODGERS are 95-87 (-22.1 Units) against the money line in road games over the last 3 seasons.
LA DODGERS are 156-183 (-68.7 Units) against the money line when playing on Wednesday since 1997.
LA DODGERS are 50-43 (-22.7 Units) against the money line against division opponents over the last 2 seasons.
LA DODGERS are 65-63 (-22.2 Units) against the money line in road games in night games over the last 3 seasons.
LA DODGERS are 47-51 (-19.1 Units) against the money line in road games after a win over the last 3 seasons.
SAN DIEGO is 59-68 (+10.0 Units) against the money line in night games over the last 2 seasons.
LA DODGERS are 41-14 (+20.3 Units) against the money line after 3 or more consecutive wins over the last 2 seasons.

LA DODGERS is 2-0 (+2.0 Units) against SAN DIEGO this season
2 of 2 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL this season . (Over=+2.0 Units)

KENTA MAEDA vs. SAN DIEGO since 1997
MAEDA is 3-3 when starting against SAN DIEGO with an ERA of 4.39 and a WHIP of 1.073.
His team's record is 5-3 (-1.5 units) in these starts. The OVER is 3-2. (+1.0 units)

LUIS PERDOMO vs. LA DODGERS since 1997
PERDOMO is 1-3 when starting against LA DODGERS with an ERA of 6.65 and a WHIP of 1.391.
His team's record is 1-3 (-1.3 units) in these starts. The OVER is 2-2. (-0.2 units)

TEXAS (7 - 12) at TAMPA BAY (4 - 13) - 1:10 PM
COLE HAMELS (L) vs. JACOB FARIA (R)
TEXAS is 180-166 (+24.3 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 3 seasons.
HAMELS is 23-8 (+14.6 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a losing record over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
TAMPA BAY is 152-188 (-44.4 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 3 seasons.
TAMPA BAY is 80-90 (-24.9 Units) against the money line in home games over the last 3 seasons.

TEXAS is 1-1 (+0.4 Units) against TAMPA BAY this season
2 of 2 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL this season . (Over=+2.0 Units)

COLE HAMELS vs. TAMPA BAY since 1997
HAMELS is 2-1 when starting against TAMPA BAY with an ERA of 2.90 and a WHIP of 1.032.
His team's record is 3-2 (-0.1 units) in these starts. The UNDER is 3-2. (+0.7 units)

JACOB FARIA vs. TEXAS since 1997
No recent starts.

CHI WHITE SOX (4 - 10) at OAKLAND (8 - 10) - 3:35 PM
CARSON FULMER (R) vs. ANDREW TRIGGS (R)
OAKLAND is 37-31 (+8.5 Units) against the money line in day games over the last 2 seasons.
OAKLAND is 28-18 (+13.3 Units) against the money line in home games after a win over the last 2 seasons.

OAKLAND is 2-0 (+2.0 Units) against CHI WHITE SOX this season

CARSON FULMER vs. OAKLAND since 1997
No recent starts.

ANDREW TRIGGS vs. CHI WHITE SOX since 1997
No recent starts.

KANSAS CITY (3 - 12) at TORONTO (11 - 5) - 4:05 PM
IAN KENNEDY (R) vs. J.A. HAPP (L)
KANSAS CITY is 10-26 (-15.1 Units) against the money line in April games over the last 2 seasons.
TORONTO is 124-139 (-51.9 Units) against the money line in home games in April games since 1997.
TORONTO is 87-93 (-26.2 Units) against the money line after a win over the last 3 seasons.

TORONTO is 2-0 (+2.0 Units) against KANSAS CITY this season
1 of 1 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL this season . (Over=+1.0 Units)

IAN KENNEDY vs. TORONTO since 1997
KENNEDY is 0-1 when starting against TORONTO with an ERA of 2.50 and a WHIP of 0.722.
His team's record is 0-3 (-3.1 units) in these starts. The UNDER is 3-0. (+3.0 units)

J.A. HAPP vs. KANSAS CITY since 1997
HAPP is 2-3 when starting against KANSAS CITY with an ERA of 4.25 and a WHIP of 1.222.
His team's record is 2-4 (-3.2 units) in these starts. The UNDER is 4-2. (+1.8 units)

BALTIMORE (5 - 12) at DETROIT (5 - 9) - 1:10 PM
KEVIN GAUSMAN (R) vs. MATT BOYD (L)
BALTIMORE is 31-60 (-24.6 Units) against the money line in road games over the last 2 seasons.
BALTIMORE is 17-41 (-22.1 Units) against the money line in road games after a loss over the last 2 seasons.
BALTIMORE is 216-346 (-106.7 Units) against the money line after 3 or more consecutive losses since 1997.
GAUSMAN is 12-28 (-16.6 Units) against the money line on the road when the money line is +125 to -125 since 1997. (Team's Record)
DETROIT is 69-107 (-35.3 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons.
DETROIT is 27-47 (-19.5 Units) against the money line when the total is 9 to 9.5 over the last 2 seasons.
DETROIT is 36-52 (-20.6 Units) against the money line in home games over the last 2 seasons.
DETROIT is 14-26 (-14.4 Units) against the money line at home when the total is 9 to 9.5 over the last 2 seasons.
DETROIT is 48-84 (-32.9 Units) against the money line against right-handed starters over the last 2 seasons.
DETROIT is 23-45 (-23.8 Units) against the money line after a win over the last 2 seasons.
DETROIT is 30-50 (-21.1 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a losing record over the last 2 seasons.

DETROIT is 1-0 (+1.0 Units) against BALTIMORE this season
1 of 1 games in this series have gone UNDER THE TOTAL this season . (Under=+1.0 Units)

KEVIN GAUSMAN vs. DETROIT since 1997
GAUSMAN is 1-1 when starting against DETROIT with an ERA of 4.11 and a WHIP of 1.200.
His team's record is 2-4 (-3.2 units) in these starts. The UNDER is 3-2. (+0.4 units)

MATT BOYD vs. BALTIMORE since 1997
BOYD is 0-0 when starting against BALTIMORE with an ERA of 13.51 and a WHIP of 2.853.
His team's record is 1-1 (+0.1 units) in these starts. The OVER is 2-0. (+2.0 units)

CLEVELAND (9 - 6) vs. MINNESOTA (7 - 5) - 7:10 PM
CARLOS CARRASCO (R) vs. JOSE BERRIOS (R)
MINNESOTA is 92-83 (+13.1 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons.
MINNESOTA is 24-16 (+11.6 Units) against the money line in road games against division opponents over the last 2 seasons.
MINNESOTA is 62-47 (+17.7 Units) against the money line in night games over the last 2 seasons.
MINNESOTA is 37-27 (+17.1 Units) against the money line in road games against right-handed starters over the last 2 seasons.
MINNESOTA is 46-37 (+12.7 Units) against the money line after a loss over the last 2 seasons.
BERRIOS is 0-9 (-10.0 Units) against the money line in road games in night games over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)

CLEVELAND is 1-0 (+1.0 Units) against MINNESOTA this season

CARLOS CARRASCO vs. MINNESOTA since 1997
CARRASCO is 5-6 when starting against MINNESOTA with an ERA of 3.97 and a WHIP of 1.387.
His team's record is 6-8 (-5.2 units) in these starts. The OVER is 5-9. (-4.5 units)

JOSE BERRIOS vs. CLEVELAND since 1997
BERRIOS is 2-2 when starting against CLEVELAND with an ERA of 5.31 and a WHIP of 1.082.
His team's record is 2-2 (+1.4 units) in these starts. The OVER is 2-2. (-0.2 units)

BOSTON (14 - 2) at LA ANGELS (13 - 4) - 10:05 PM
RICK PORCELLO (R) vs. TYLER SKAGGS (L)
LA ANGELS are 49-36 (+19.4 Units) against the money line after a loss over the last 2 seasons.
BOSTON is 14-2 (+11.9 Units) against the money line in all games this season.
BOSTON is 12-1 (+11.5 Units) against the money line in April games this season.
BOSTON is 72-45 (+22.5 Units) against the money line in road games in night games over the last 3 seasons.
BOSTON is 12-1 (+11.5 Units) against the money line after a win this season.

BOSTON is 1-0 (+1.6 Units) against LA ANGELS this season

RICK PORCELLO vs. LA ANGELS since 1997
PORCELLO is 6-7 when starting against LA ANGELS with an ERA of 5.87 and a WHIP of 1.391.
His team's record is 8-8 (-0.7 units) in these starts. The OVER is 10-6. (+3.7 units)

TYLER SKAGGS vs. BOSTON since 1997
SKAGGS is 0-0 when starting against BOSTON with an ERA of 0.00 and a WHIP of 1.126.
His team's record is 0-1 (-1.2 units) in these starts. The UNDER is 1-0. (+1.0 units)

HOUSTON (11 - 7) at SEATTLE (9 - 6) - 10:10 PM
GERRIT COLE (R) vs. MIKE LEAKE (R)
HOUSTON is 61-38 (+12.5 Units) against the money line in road games over the last 2 seasons.
HOUSTON is 30-13 (+12.5 Units) against the money line in road games against division opponents over the last 2 seasons.
HOUSTON is 92-45 (+23.9 Units) against the money line against right-handed starters over the last 2 seasons.
SEATTLE is 903-818 (-112.5 Units) against the money line in home games since 1997.
SEATTLE is 305-304 (-66.8 Units) against the money line in home games against division opponents since 1997.
SEATTLE is 630-581 (-99.5 Units) against the money line in home games in night games since 1997.
LEAKE is 39-51 (-22.5 Units) against the money line when the total is 8 to 8.5 since 1997. (Team's Record)
LEAKE is 22-30 (-18.5 Units) against the money line at home when the total is 8 to 8.5 since 1997. (Team's Record)
LEAKE is 11-21 (-15.5 Units) against the money line against division opponents over the last 3 seasons. (Team's Record)

SEATTLE is 1-1 (+0.0 Units) against HOUSTON this season
2 of 2 games in this series have gone UNDER THE TOTAL this season . (Under=+2.0 Units)

GERRIT COLE vs. SEATTLE since 1997
COLE is 1-0 when starting against SEATTLE with an ERA of 1.00 and a WHIP of 0.333.
His team's record is 1-0 (+1.0 units) in these starts. The OVER is 1-0. (+1.0 units)

MIKE LEAKE vs. HOUSTON since 1997
LEAKE is 6-3 when starting against HOUSTON with an ERA of 3.21 and a WHIP of 1.265.
His team's record is 6-4 (-0.4 units) in these starts. The OVER is 6-4. (+1.8 units)

Can'tPickAWinner
04-18-2018, 10:24 AM
Wednesday's NBA Playoffs Betting Preview and Odds

The opening round of the 2018 NBA Playoffs continues Wednesday night with three games, including Game 2 between the Pacers and Cavs with Cleveland trying to rebound after their Game 1 loss.

Indiana Pacers at Cleveland Cavaliers (-8, 210)

LeBron James and the Cleveland Cavaliers had two full days off to consider a rare terrible performance and a loss in a first-round game, and more aggression from the superstar at the start seems to be the answer. The fourth-seeded Cavaliers will try to even the Eastern Conference series at one win apiece when they host the fifth-seeded Indiana Pacers in Game 2 on Wednesday.

Cleveland was down 25-8 in the first quarter on Sunday before James attempted his first field goal, and coach Tyronn Lue suggested that he needs to force the issue, no matter what the defense is giving him. "He has to be aggressive and set the tone early," Lue told reporters after Monday's practice. "We talked about that today ... being aggressive early, setting the tone, especially for these new guys, bringing these guys along. He understood that, but once again, he's always a guy trying to get his teammates off early, get them guys going, then try to feel the game out. But be ready to set a tone." The Pacers dominated on both ends of the floor in the 98-80 Game 1 triumph but is not satisfied. "We've got to be better," Indiana point guard Darren Collison told the team's website. "There's some things that we can improve on that I was looking at in the film. We can do better in a lot of different areas. We can't just take Game 1 and say we don't have to (make) any improvements. We can be better."

TV: 7 p.m. ET, TNT, FS Indiana, FS Ohio (Cleveland)

SERIES PRICE (PER PINNACLE):

http://i65.tinypic.com/2r6fe5h.jpg

BETTING ACTION AND LINE MOVES: The Cavs opened as 7.5-point home favorites and by Tuesday night that number was bumped up to -8. Early Covers Consensus returns are showing 67 percent users picking the Pacers. The total hit betting boards at 209 and was bumped up to 210 overnight.

ABOUT THE PACERS (49-34 SU, 48-35 ATS, 32-50-1 O/U): All-Star guard Victor Oladipo scored a game-high 32 points on 11-of-19 shooting on Sunday and keyed the defensive effort with four steals. "No surprise at all," veteran forward Thaddeus Young told reporters of Oladipo's performance. "We all know what Vic can do and we know what type of player he is. He's a very dynamic player and when he steps out on the court, you're either going to have to double him or you're going to have to stop him." The Pacers also got a big boost from reserve swingman Lance Stephenson, who embraced the challenge of guarding James and added 12 points in 17 minutes off the bench.

ABOUT THE CAVALIERS (50-33 SU, 32-50-1 ATS, 39-42-2 O/U): All-Star forward Kevin Love grabbed 17 rebounds on Sunday but finished with just nine points on 3-of-8 shooting. "I think part of it is on me just to be more aggressive, to get post touches," Love told reporters. "Sometimes, I fall into my own trap of just spacing everybody. That allows other guys to get downhill, Bron to play his game. But I think just mixing it up even when he's not in the game, getting in the post a little bit more, getting offensive rebounds, getting more touches in there. ... That's partially on me too with just coming out and attacking first and being more aggressive." Cleveland shot 38.5 percent from the floor in Game 1, including 8-of-34 from 3-point range.

INJURY REPORT:

Pacers - No injuries to report.

Cavaliers - PG G. Hill (Questionable, Back), SG K. Korver (Questionable, Illness).

MATCHUP CHART:

http://i63.tinypic.com/2jb9zqc.jpg

TRENDS:

* Pacers are 7-1 ATS in their last 8 games vs. a team with a winning straight up record.
* Cavaliers are 10-4 ATS in their last 14 games overall.
* Under is 13-3 in Pacers last 16 vs. Eastern Conference.
* Under is 6-1 in Cavaliers last 7 home games.
* Under is 3-0-1 in the last 4 meetings.

Utah Jazz at Oklahoma City Thunder (-4, 206.5)

Oklahoma City star forward Paul George is expected to be on the court when the Thunder host the Utah Jazz on Wednesday in Game 2 of the Western Conference first-round series. George sat out the final 62 seconds of his stellar Game 1 outing due to hip pain and his status is slated to be officially firmed up after the mid-day shootaround.

George scored 36 points and made an Oklahoma City franchise playoff record eight 3-pointers as the Thunder posted a 116-108 victory on Sunday. "When he's aggressive, man, it changes the game for us," Thunder point guard Russell Westbrook told reporters. "You saw that. He had it going. Our job is to make sure we find him, make it easy for him. As long as he stays aggressive, we'll be a better team." Utah's top player is also dealing with an injury as rookie sensation Donovan Mitchell had an MRI exam on his left foot with the results showing nothing more than a bruise. Mitchell, who had 27 points and 10 rebounds in his first career postseason game, asserts that he is fine and will play on Wednesday.

TV: 8 p.m. ET, NBATV, AT&T SportsNet Rocky Mountain (Utah), FS Oklahoma

http://i63.tinypic.com/2uo1g7c.jpg

BETTING ACTION AND LINE MOVES: The Thunder opened as 5-point home favorites and as of Wednesday morning that number is down to -4. 60 percent of Covers Consensus users are picking OKC. The total hit betting boards at 207.5 and has been dropped a full point ot 206.5.

ABOUT THE JAZZ (48-35 SU, 43-40 ATS, 40-42-1 O/U): Mitchell had to exit the game twice in the fourth quarter due to his foot soreness, which was prompted by getting it stepped on by Oklahoma City's Corey Brewer earlier in the contest. Mitchell was confident that having two days off between games would provide ample time for rest and healing and the team took a collective sigh of relief when the MRI results came back negative. The 21-year-old completed the regular season by topping 20 points in 12 of 14 games and his strong playoff opener is a sure sign the Jazz will ride him as far as possible in this series.

ABOUT THE THUNDER (49-34 SU, 35-47-1 ATS, 37-46 O/U): George revealed after Game 1 that he goes by "Playoff P" and the nickname appears to fit since he is averaging 22.7 points in 50 playoff games dating to the beginning of the 2013 postseason. Westbrook contributed 29 points, 13 rebounds and eight assists in Game 1 but he looked like the complementary player and not the star in the opener. "We knew all along that we got multiple guys that can make plays, create and be explosive offensively," George told reporters. "We're not going to put that pressure on just one guy. Obviously, my job is to help Russ, and with that, it's helping the team. It's my job to bring it and to bring it at a high level."

INJURY REPORT:

Jazz - SG D. Mitchell (Probable, Foot), SF T. Sefolosha (Out For Season, Knee).

Thunder - SF P. George (Probable, Hip), C S. Adams (Probable, Hand), SG A. Roberson (Out For Season, Knee).

MATCHUP CHART:

http://i66.tinypic.com/b7ifzr.jpg

TRENDS:

* Jazz are 12-3 ATS in their last 15 road games vs. a team with a winning home record.
* Thunder are 3-15 ATS in their last 18 vs. NBA Northwest.
* Over is 7-1 in Jazz last 8 road games.
* Under is 8-3 in Thunder last 11 overall.
* Jazz are 1-5 ATS in the last 6 meetings in Oklahoma City.

Minnesota Timberwolves at Houston Rockets (-10.5, 214.5)

The NBA-best Houston Rockets got the win in Game 1 of their first-round Western Conference series over the Minnesota Timberwolves, but it wasn't easy. MVP candidate James Harden put the team on his back and will try to follow up a tremendous performance when the Rockets host the eighth-seeded Timberwolves in Game 2 on Wednesday.

Harden scored 44 points on 15-of-26 shooting, including seven straight points during a decisive run in the fourth quarter, and added eight assists in the win. "If you have that aggressive mindset, good things will happen," Harden told reporters. "If they gave me space, where I could get my shot off, I shot it. I was feeling it. If they pressure me enough, I would try to get by them and create for myself or for someone else. Whether it's (Game 1) or 82 regular season games, that's how I need to play." The Timberwolves watched their All-Star, center Karl-Anthony Towns, slump to nine points on 3-of-9 shooting on Sunday and will look to get him more involved in Game 2. "I think we gave them a steady diet of the same thing," point guard Jeff Teague told reporters. "Next game, we got to give them some different looks where (Towns) actually posts up a couple times and still be able to get our spacing with guys driving and trying to kick the ball, but we definitely have to get him a couple more touches."

TV: 9:30 p.m. ET, TNT, FS North (Minnesota), AT&T SportsNet Southwest (Houston)

http://i65.tinypic.com/33tgk5i.jpg

BETTING ACTION AND LINE MOVES: The Rockets opened as big 10.5-point home favorites for Game 2 and as of Tuesday night that number has yet to move, despite 61 percent of Covers Consensus users picking the underdog T-Wolves. The total hit betting boards at 212.5 and has been bumped up to 214.5.

ABOUT THE TIMBERWOLVES (47-36 SU, 38-42-3 ATS, 45-37-1 O/U): Minnesota elected to leave Towns on the perimeter for most of Game 1 to space the floor, and the All-Star was not in disagreement with the plan. "You follow the game plan," Towns told reporters. "Gotta follow the game plan. Whatever the game plan is that's set before the game, you've got to follow it. Especially in the playoffs because it's so much about discipline. It's about being disciplined throughout the game. As long as we stay disciplined we always have a great chance of winning every game." Fellow All-Star Jimmy Butler was held to 13 points on 4-of-11 shooting while battling foul trouble.

ABOUT THE ROCKETS (66-17 SU, 41-41-1 ATS, 33-49-1 O/U): Harden got some offensive help in Game 1 from center Clint Capela, who collected 24 points on 10-of-15 shooting and 12 rebounds. "In the beginning of the game, you just saw a different Clint," Harden told reporters. "He was running so fast, I had no choice but to give him the ball. Or figure out a way to get him the ball. Defensively, the way he's been active, blocking shots, rebounding the basketball. ... He was just like a deer out there." Capela's performance helped Houston overcome a 10-of-37 effort from 3-point range in the opener.

INJURY REPORT:

Wolves - C J. Patton (Questionable, Illness).

Rockets - PF R. Anderson (Questionable, Ankle), PF L. Mbah a Moute (Early May, Shoulder).

MATCHUP CHART:

http://i66.tinypic.com/33w49rm.jpg

TRENDS:

* Timberwolves are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games overall.
* Rockets are 0-7 ATS in their last 7 vs. Western Conference.
* Under is 4-0 in Timberwolves last 4 road games.
* Under is 25-6 in Rockets last 31 vs. Western Conference.
* Over is 14-4 in the last 18 meetings.

Can'tPickAWinner
04-18-2018, 10:24 AM
NBA
Dunkel

Wednesday, April 18

Indiana @ Cleveland

Game 517-518
April 18, 2018 @ 7:05 pm

Dunkel Rating:
Indiana
Cleveland
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
Cleveland
by 9 1/2
Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
Cleveland
by 7 1/2
Dunkel Pick:
Cleveland
(-7 1/2); Over

Utah @ Oklahoma City

Game 519-520
April 18, 2018 @ 8:05 pm

Dunkel Rating:
Utah
Oklahoma City
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
Oklahoma City
by 6 1/2
Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
Oklahoma City
by 4
206 1/2
Dunkel Pick:
Oklahoma City
(-4); Over

Minnesota @ Houston

Game 521-522
April 18, 2018 @ 9:35 pm

Dunkel Rating:
Minnesota
Houston
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
Houston
by 2
Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
Houston
by 10 1/2
214 1/2
Dunkel Pick:
Minnesota
(+10 1/2); Under

Can'tPickAWinner
04-18-2018, 10:25 AM
NBA
Long Sheet

Wednesday, April 18

INDIANA (49 - 34) at CLEVELAND (50 - 33) - 4/18/2018, 7:05 PM
INDIANA is 6-14 ATS (-9.4 Units) after a win by 10 points or more this season.
INDIANA is 48-35 ATS (+9.5 Units) in all games this season.
INDIANA is 13-3 ATS (+9.7 Units) in April games over the last 2 seasons.
INDIANA is 20-11 ATS (+7.9 Units) in the second half of the season this season.
INDIANA is 15-5 ATS (+9.5 Units) in road games when playing with 2 days rest over the last 3 seasons.
INDIANA is 34-18 ATS (+14.2 Units) vs. division opponents over the last 3 seasons.
INDIANA is 75-51 ATS (+18.9 Units) when playing against a team with a winning record over the last 3 seasons.
INDIANA is 24-12 ATS (+10.8 Units) versus poor defensive teams - allowing 106+ points/game this season.
CLEVELAND is 32-50 ATS (-23.0 Units) in all games this season.
CLEVELAND is 19-44 ATS (-29.4 Units) as a favorite this season.
CLEVELAND is 13-28 ATS (-17.8 Units) in home games this season.
CLEVELAND is 20-35 ATS (-18.5 Units) vs. division opponents over the last 3 seasons.
CLEVELAND is 5-15 ATS (-11.5 Units) after a loss by 10 points or more this season.
CLEVELAND is 2-11 ATS (-10.1 Units) after scoring 85 points or less over the last 3 seasons.

INDIANA is 12-4 against the spread versus CLEVELAND over the last 3 seasons
CLEVELAND is 11-6 straight up against INDIANA over the last 3 seasons
9 of 16 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons

UTAH (48 - 35) at OKLAHOMA CITY (49 - 34) - 4/18/2018, 8:05 PM
UTAH is 18-8 ATS (+9.2 Units) in road games when playing against a team with a winning record - 2nd half of the season over the last 2 seasons.
UTAH is 13-4 ATS (+8.6 Units) versus good offensive teams - scoring 106+ points/game - 2nd half of the season this season.
OKLAHOMA CITY is 34-47 ATS (-17.7 Units) in all games this season.
OKLAHOMA CITY is 25-41 ATS (-20.1 Units) as a favorite this season.
OKLAHOMA CITY is 3-14 ATS (-12.4 Units) vs. division opponents this season.

OKLAHOMA CITY is 8-4 against the spread versus UTAH over the last 3 seasons
OKLAHOMA CITY is 11-2 straight up against UTAH over the last 3 seasons
9 of 13 games in this series have gone UNDER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons

MINNESOTA (47 - 36) at HOUSTON (66 - 17) - 4/18/2018, 9:35 PM
MINNESOTA is 373-436 ATS (-106.6 Units) in the second half of the season since 1996.
HOUSTON is 13-5 ATS (+7.5 Units) against Northwest division opponents this season.
MINNESOTA is 38-23 ATS (+12.7 Units) when playing against a team with a winning record - 2nd half of the season over the last 3 seasons.
HOUSTON is 37-51 ATS (-19.1 Units) in home games over the last 2 seasons.
HOUSTON is 4-14 ATS (-11.4 Units) in April games over the last 2 seasons.

MINNESOTA is 7-5 against the spread versus HOUSTON over the last 3 seasons
HOUSTON is 11-1 straight up against MINNESOTA over the last 3 seasons
8 of 12 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons

Can'tPickAWinner
NBA

Wednesday, April 18

Pacers (1-0) vs Cavaliers

Oladipo had 32 points in Pacers’ 98-80 Game 1 win that was 55-38 at half. Other than James, Cleveland’s starters were 10-30 from floor. Cavaliers were just 8-34 behind arc, and were -5 in turnovers (16-11). Indiana won/covered four of last five games with Cleveland, winning two of last three visits here; under is 4-1-1 in last six series games. Pacers won eight of their last 11 games overall, covered five of last seven road games. Cavaliers won six of last nine games, are 3-3 vs spread in last six home games. Three of their last five games went over total.

Jazz vs Thunder (1-0)

Thunder was 14-29 on arc in 116-108 Game 1 win; George scored 36, was 8-11 behind arc. OKC bench was combined +44 in 57:00 played. Utah lost seven of last eight games with Oklahoma City (2-6 vs spread); they’re 2-45 vs spread in last seven games in this arena. Four of last five series games stayed under the total. Jazz won six of their last eight games; they’re 3-4 vs spread in last seven road games. OKC won its last four games; under is 8-3 in their last 11 games.

Timberwolves vs Rockets (1-0)

Harden scored 44 points, Capela had 24 points, 12 rebounds in tough 104-101 Game 1 win; Minnesota held Rockets to 10-37 on arc in Game 1, but they were just 8-23 themselves. Wolves were -8 in 12:00 that Jimmy Butler was off floor. Houston won its last seven games with Minnesota, covering four of last five; Wolves are 4-2 vs spread in last six games in this building. Over is 7-4 in last 11 series games. Minnesota is 5-3 in its last eight games, covering last five.

Wizards-Raptors
Tor 114-106, -7.5, O211
Tor 130-119, -7, O214

Heat-76ers
Phil 130-103, -6.5, O212
Mia 113-103, +6.5, U217

Bucks-Celtics
Bos 113-107 OT, -4.5, O199.5
Bos 120-106, -1, O200

Pacers-Cavaliers
Ind 98-80, +7.5, U212.5

Spurs-Warriors
GState 113-92, -8, U209.5

GState 116-101, -9 O205.5

Pelicans-Blazers
NO 97-95, +5.5, U216.5
NO 111-102, +6, U216

Jazz-Thunder
OKC 116-108, -4.5, O205

Wolves-Rockets
Hst 104-101, -11.5, U215.5

Can'tPickAWinner
NBA

Wednesday, April 18

Trend Report

Indiana Pacers
Indiana is 8-3 ATS in its last 11 games
Indiana is 8-3 SU in its last 11 games
The total has gone UNDER in 17 of Indiana's last 23 games
Indiana is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games on the road
Indiana is 5-2 SU in its last 7 games on the road
The total has gone UNDER in 10 of Indiana's last 14 games on the road
Indiana is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games when playing Cleveland
Indiana is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games when playing Cleveland
Indiana is 4-8 SU in its last 12 games when playing Cleveland
The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Indiana's last 6 games when playing Cleveland
Indiana is 5-1 ATS in its last 6 games when playing on the road against Cleveland
Indiana is 2-10 SU in its last 12 games when playing on the road against Cleveland
The total has gone OVER in 4 of Indiana's last 6 games when playing on the road against Cleveland
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland is 10-4 ATS in its last 14 games
Cleveland is 11-4 SU in its last 15 games
The total has gone UNDER in 7 of Cleveland's last 10 games
Cleveland is 7-3 ATS in its last 10 games at home
Cleveland is 8-2 SU in its last 10 games at home
The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Cleveland's last 7 games at home
Cleveland is 1-4-1 ATS in its last 6 games when playing Indiana
Cleveland is 8-4 SU in its last 12 games when playing Indiana
Cleveland is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games when playing Indiana
The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Cleveland's last 6 games when playing Indiana
Cleveland is 1-5 ATS in its last 6 games when playing at home against Indiana
Cleveland is 10-2 SU in its last 12 games when playing at home against Indiana
The total has gone OVER in 4 of Cleveland's last 6 games when playing at home against Indiana

Utah Jazz
Utah is 17-5 SU in its last 22 games
The total has gone OVER in 6 of Utah's last 8 games
Utah is 12-5-1 ATS in its last 18 games on the road
Utah is 15-3 SU in its last 18 games on the road
The total has gone OVER in 7 of Utah's last 8 games on the road
Utah is 2-6 ATS in its last 8 games when playing Oklahoma City
Utah is 1-7 SU in its last 8 games when playing Oklahoma City
The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Utah's last 5 games when playing Oklahoma City
Utah is 1-5 ATS in its last 6 games when playing on the road against Oklahoma City
Utah is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games when playing on the road against Oklahoma City
The total has gone OVER in 4 of Utah's last 6 games when playing on the road against Oklahoma City
The total has gone UNDER in 10 of Utah's last 15 games when playing on the road against Oklahoma City
Oklahoma City Thunder
Oklahoma City is 4-2 ATS in its last 6 games
Oklahoma City is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games
The total has gone UNDER in 8 of Oklahoma City's last 11 games
Oklahoma City is 1-4-1 ATS in its last 6 games at home
Oklahoma City is 7-3 SU in its last 10 games at home
Oklahoma City is 6-2 ATS in its last 8 games when playing Utah
Oklahoma City is 7-1 SU in its last 8 games when playing Utah
The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Oklahoma City's last 5 games when playing Utah
Oklahoma City is 5-1 ATS in its last 6 games when playing at home against Utah
Oklahoma City is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games when playing at home against Utah
The total has gone OVER in 4 of Oklahoma City's last 6 games when playing at home against Utah
The total has gone UNDER in 10 of Oklahoma City's last 15 games when playing at home against Utah

Minnesota Timberwolves
Minnesota is 5-0 ATS in its last 5 games
The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Minnesota's last 5 games
Minnesota is 7-16 ATS in its last 23 games on the road
Minnesota is 6-17 SU in its last 23 games on the road
The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Minnesota's last 6 games on the road
Minnesota is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games when playing Houston
Minnesota is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games when playing Houston
The total has gone OVER in 14 of Minnesota's last 18 games when playing Houston
Minnesota is 6-2 ATS in its last 8 games when playing on the road against Houston
Minnesota is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games when playing on the road against Houston
The total has gone OVER in 7 of Minnesota's last 10 games when playing on the road against Houston
Houston Rockets
Houston is 0-5 ATS in its last 5 games
Houston is 21-4 SU in its last 25 games
The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Houston's last 5 games
Houston is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games at home
Houston is 21-1 SU in its last 22 games at home
The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Houston's last 6 games at home
Houston is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games when playing Minnesota
Houston is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games when playing Minnesota
The total has gone OVER in 14 of Houston's last 18 games when playing Minnesota
Houston is 2-6 ATS in its last 8 games when playing at home against Minnesota
Houston is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games when playing at home against Minnesota
The total has gone OVER in 7 of Houston's last 10 games when playing at home against Minnesota

Can'tPickAWinner
04-18-2018, 10:29 AM
Wednesday's NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs Betting Preview and Odds

There are four Stanley Cup playoff games on Wednesday's NHL schedule, including Game 4 between the Penguins and Flyers with Philly looking to lock the series up at two wins apiece on home ice..

Pittsburgh Penguins at Philadelphia Flyers (+125, 6)

Penguins lead series 2-1.

The Philadelphia Flyers were still licking their wounds after sustaining two pronounced beatings at the hands of the Pittsburgh Penguins before the team suffered another potential key loss during Tuesday's practice. First-line center Sean Couturier collided with teammate Radko Gudas and will be re-evaluated on Wednesday prior to Game 4 of the Eastern Conference first-round series versus the visiting Penguins.

ABOUT THE PENGUINS (49-30-4-2, 48-33 O/U): Pittsburgh's superstar captain Sidney Crosby has seven points (four goals, three assists) in the series to move within one of Mario Lemieux's franchise postseason record of 172 (76 goals, 96 assists). Patric Hornqvist has provided both a physical presence as well as an important one on the scoresheet during his 10-game point streak (seven goals, five assists), but coach Mike Sullivan noted that Pittsburgh will be without the gritty 31-year-old Swede for Game 4 due to an upper-body injury. Forward Dominik Simon, who had 12 points (four goals, eight assists) in 33 games this season, replaced Hornqvist at right wing on a line with Crosby and Jake Guentzel during Tuesday's practice.

ABOUT THE FLYERS (43-28-7-7, 44-37 O/U): Versatile captain Claude Giroux could return to his center position should the 25-year-old Couturier be sidelined as the Flyers bid to even their best-of-seven series with the Penguins at two victories apiece. Prior to Couturier's injury, coach Dave Hakstol was bidding to light a spark under a team that has mustered just six goals in three contests - with five coming in Game 2. While rookie Nolan Patrick was summoned to replace Couturier on line with Giroux and Jakub Voracek in Tuesday's practice, Hakstol also inserted Jordan Weal on the third line with the 26-year-old set to make his series debut. Weal, who will replace Oskar Lindblom, recorded a team-high four points (two goals, two assists) in the season series versus Pittsburgh.

SERIES PRICE (PER SPORTS INTERACTION):

http://i63.tinypic.com/jpybs0.jpg

LINE HISTORY: The Penguins opened as -145 road favorites and, as of Tuesday night, that moneyline has yet to move. The total hit betting boards at 6 and has also been steady.

INJURY REPORT:

Penguins - D Kris Letang (Probable, Undisclosed), RW Patric Hornqvist (Out, Upper Body), RW Carter Rowney (Out Indefinitely, Upper Body).

Flyers - C Sean Couturier (Questionable, Undisclosed), G Michal Neuvirth (Questionable, Upper Body).

MATCHUP CHART:

http://i67.tinypic.com/s0zp04.jpg

TRENDS:

* Penguins are 9-2 in their last 11 Conference Quarterfinals games.
* Flyers are 5-1 in their last 6 home games.
* Over is 12-3-1 in Penguins' last 16 road games.
* Over is 12-3-2 in Flyers' last 17 vs. Eastern Conference.
* Over is 8-1-2 in the last 11 meetings.

Tampa Bay Lightning at New Jersey Devils (+130, 6)

Lightning lead series 2-1.

The New Jersey Devils climbed back into the Eastern Conference first-round series with a comeback win and can even the slate when they host the Tampa Bay Lightning for Game 4 on Wednesday night. Taylor Hall registered a goal and two assists as the Devils rallied from one-goal deficits twice and scored four times in the third period for a 5-2 victory Monday.

ABOUT THE LIGHTNING (56-24-3-2, 52-31 O/U): Nikita Kucherov had a pair of assists to increase his team-leading total to six points in the series for Tampa Bay, which led 1-0 in the second period and then 2-1 after captain Steven Stamkos’ goal 38 seconds into the third. However, the Lightning gave the Devils seven power plays - four in the third period - and New Jersey tied it on a 5-on-3 advantage to spark the four-goal uprising. The Lightning have scored five of their 12 goals in the series with the power play on nine chances and their much-maligned penalty kill is 10-for-12 - giving up one of those while down two men. Right wing Ryan Callahan (upper-body), a key on the penalty-killing unit, sat out Game 3 but participated in the morning skate Monday and could return to the lineup soon.

ABOUT THE DEVILS (45-31-5-4, 45-38 O/U): Cory Schneider replaced Keith Kinkaid in net for Game 3 and was outstanding when he needed to be, especially in the third period when he gloved a Tyler Johnson point-blank chance while laying on the ice. Forward Blake Coleman had an empty-netter Monday for his second goal in two games and boasts a series-high, plus-3 rating. New Jersey F Marcus Johansson (concussion) had two shots while logging 14:30 of ice time Monday in his first game since Jan. 23.

http://i66.tinypic.com/1zwywwn.jpg

LINE HISTORY: The Lightning opened as -150 road favorites and, as of Tuesday night, that moneyline has not moved. The total hit betting boards at 6 and has also been steady.

INJURY REPORT:

Lightning - RW Ryan Callahan (Questionable, Upper Body), LW Adam Erne (Out Indefinitely, Lower Body).

Devils - No injuries to report.

MATCHUP CHART:

http://i64.tinypic.com/2chrx2p.jpg

TRENDS:

* Lightning are 8-2 in their last 10 Conference Quarterfinals games.
* Devils are 4-0 in their last 4 home games.
* Over is 5-0 in Lightning's last 5 when their opponent scores 5 goals or more in their previous game.
* Over is 4-0 in Devils' last 4 overall.
* Over is 5-1-1 in the last 7 meetings.

Nashville Predators at Colorado Avalanche (+150, 6)

Preds lead series 2-1.

The Nashville Predators are skating a fine line after surrendering the first goal in each of their first three playoff contests. While the Predators overcame early deficits in the first two, they were unable to do the same in the third and are in jeopardy of seeing their Western Conference first-round series knotted at two wins apiece should Game 4 at the Pepsi Center follow a similar path.

ABOUT THE PREDATORS (55-19-4-7, 44-40 O/U): The Predators permitted three first-period goals and have been outscored 5-0 over the course of the opening 20 minutes of each game in the series. P.K. Subban caused a stir by unleashing an open-ice shot to the back of the head of MacKinnon during Game 3, but the defenseman didn't pull any punches when asked about it. "Yeah, I'd do it again next game," the 28-year-old Subban told the Tennessean.

ABOUT THE AVALANCHE (44-32-8-1, 45-32 O/U): Potential Hart Trophy finalist Nathan MacKinnon scored twice to help Colorado snap a 12-game winless skid to Nashville while continuing his torrid play in Denver, as he has recorded 69 of his 102 points at Pepsi Center in the 2017-18 regular season and playoffs. While MacKinnon collected his fifth multi-point performance in nine career playoff contests, captain Gabriel Landeskog recorded a personal postseason best with three points (one goal, two assists) in Game 3 while linemate Mikko Rantanen notched his first multi-point playoff outing with a pair of assists.

http://i66.tinypic.com/6ql3ky.jpg

LINE HISTORY: The Predators opened as -175 favorites for Game 4 and some early betting action on the underdog Avalanche has pushed that number down slightly to -170. The total hit betting boards at 6 and has yet to move off that opening number.

INJURY REPORT:

Predators - C Calle Jarnkrok (Questionable, Upper Body), D Yannick Weber (Questionable, Upper Body).

Avalanche - D Samuel Girard (Questionable, Upper Body), G Semyon Varlamov (Out Indefinitely, Knee), D Erik Johnson (Late May, Knee).

MATCHUP CHART:

http://i66.tinypic.com/16a3zm0.jpg

TRENDS:

* Predators are 8-1 in their last 9 Conference Quarterfinals games.
* Avalanche are 0-4 in their last 4 games following a win.
* Over is 5-0 in Predators' last 5 overall.
* Over is 6-0 in Avalanche's last 6 Conference Quarterfinals games.
* Over is 7-1-1 in the last 9 meetings in Colorado.

Anaheim Ducks at San Jose Sharks (-175, 5)

Sharks lead series 3-0.

The San Jose Sharks are one of only four teams in NHL history to lose a best-of-seven series after winning the first three games but, barring a stunning repeat of four years ago, they are heading to the second round of the Western Conference playoffs. San Jose can complete a four-game sweep and close out the series on home ice when it hosts the Anaheim Ducks on Wednesday night.

ABOUT THE DUCKS (44-28-6-7, 33-50 O/U): Rickard Rakell, who paced Anaheim in goals (34) and points (69), finally got on the scoreboard with a first-period tally but the Ducks were shut down the rest of the way and have managed only three goals in the series while piling up penalty minutes at an alarming rate. Getzlaf has been limited to two assists while Ondrej Kase, Adam Henrique, Jakob Silfverberg and Corey Perry have one goal and one point between them after combining for 74 goals during the season.

ABOUT THE SHARKS (48-27-7-3, 38-44 O/U): The Sharks have shown no residual effects from the late wobble down the stretch that enabled the Ducks to snag the No. 2 seed and home ice in the series, winning twice in Anaheim before returning home to destroy their Pacific Division rivals in an 8-1 drubbing Monday to set up an elimination game. Almost loss in the offensive showcase was the play of goaltender Martin Jones, who registered a playoff career-high 45 saves. San Jose is 6-for-17 on the power play in the series after converting on half its eight chances in Game 3.

http://i63.tinypic.com/28bfrc4.jpg

LINE HISTORY: The Sharks opened as -175 favorites and, as of Tuesday night, that moneyline has not moved. The total hit betting boards at 5 and has also been steady.

INJURY REPORT:

Ducks - D Cam Fowler (Mid May, Shoulder), RW Patrick Eaves (Out For Season, Illness).

Sharks - D Brent Burns (Probable, Undisclosed), RW Barclay Goodrow (Questionable, Upper Body), C Joe Thornton (Questionable, Knee).

MATCHUP CHART:

http://i65.tinypic.com/2ducnk2.jpg

TRENDS:

* Ducks are 12-5 in their last 17 games playing on 1 days rest.
* Sharks are 9-2 in their last 11 games following a win.
* Under is 10-3 in Ducks' last 13 road games.
* Over is 12-3-2 in Sharks' last 17 games following a win.
* Ducks are 0-5 in the last 5 meetings.

Can'tPickAWinner
04-18-2018, 10:32 AM
Mike Wynn

Free Play: Free Cleveland/Minnesota Under 7½ Runs

Can'tPickAWinner
04-18-2018, 10:33 AM
Free Selection from Jim Feist

Jim Feist's Comp Pick, Wednesday, April 18, 2018

04/18 01:05 PM PT / 4:05 PM ET

MLB (919) KANSAS CITY ROYALS VS (920) TORONTO BLUE JAYS

Take: OVER

Reason: Your free play for Wednesday, April 18, 2018 is in the MLB scheduled contest between the Kansas city Royals and the Toronto Blue Jays. Your free play is on the OVER!

Can'tPickAWinner
04-18-2018, 10:33 AM
Jeff Allen Sports

Wednesday's Free Selection is on the Pittsburgh Penguins

Can'tPickAWinner
04-18-2018, 10:34 AM
Razor Sharp

YOUR RAZOR SHARP FREE PICK FOR WEDNESDAY: Take ARIZONA (Ray) -155 over San Francisco

Can'tPickAWinner
Totals4U

Wednesday's Free Selection: Boston Red Sox/Los Angeles Angels over 8 1/2

Can'tPickAWinner
John Anthony Sports

Wednesday's Free Selection: Atlanta Braves - 110

Can'tPickAWinner
04-18-2018, 10:35 AM
Atlantic Sports

Wednesday's Free Selection from Atlantic Sports: Seattle Mariners + 155

Can'tPickAWinner
04-18-2018, 10:35 AM
#1 Sports

Wednesday's Free Selection: Boston Red Sox + 115

Can'tPickAWinner
04-18-2018, 10:36 AM
Nevada Sharpshooter

Your free winner for Wednesday: Take BALTIMORE (Gausman) -125 over Detroit

Can'tPickAWinner
04-18-2018, 10:36 AM
Huddle Up Sports

Free Play: Milwaukee Davies -150

Can'tPickAWinner
04-18-2018, 12:32 PM
Hawkeye Sports

Wednesday's Free Pick: Tampa Bay Lightning - 150

Can'tPickAWinner
04-18-2018, 12:39 PM
Golden Dragon Sports

Free Pick Philadelphia Velasquez pk

Can'tPickAWinner
04-18-2018, 12:40 PM
Arthur Ralph Sports

FREE play: WED: RedSox + 120 w/ Porcello

Can'tPickAWinner
Teyas Sports

FREE PICK 4/18 ROYALS UNDER 8 1/2

Can'tPickAWinner
Platinum Plays

Free Pick the LA Dodgers w/Maeda -160 over San Diego

Can'tPickAWinner
04-18-2018, 12:41 PM
The Vegas Steam Line

Your free winner for Wednesday: Take WASINGTON (Roark) -110 over NY Mets

Can'tPickAWinner
High Stakes Syndicate

Free Selection for Wednesday: Kansas City Royals + 170

Can'tPickAWinner
Free Selection from Kenny Towers

Ov 5 Anh/SJ - NHL

Can'tPickAWinner
04-18-2018, 12:42 PM
Sharp Bettor

SharpBettor FREE Play for Wednesday, April 18, 2018

4/18 10:10 AM MLB (921) BALTIMORE ORIOLES (K GAUSMAN - R) VS (922) DETROIT TIGERS (M BOYD - L)

Take : Orioles

Can'tPickAWinner
04-18-2018, 12:42 PM
Roz Wins

Roz's Wednesday April 18, 2018, Free Pick

4/18 07:05 PM MLB (925) BOSTON RED SOX (R PORCELLO - R) VS (926) LOS ANGELES ANGELS (T SKAGGS - L)

Take : Red Sox

Can'tPickAWinner
04-18-2018, 12:43 PM
Easy Money Sports

Lee's Free Wednesday Selection Is

Boston w/Porcello +120

Can'tPickAWinner
04-18-2018, 01:21 PM
First Half Sports

MLB TEXAS RANGERS +105

Can'tPickAWinner
04-18-2018, 01:22 PM
Best Sports Capper

NHL SAN JOSE SHARKS ‑195

Can'tPickAWinner
04-18-2018, 01:22 PM
Mikey Money

MLB TEXAS RANGERS ‑120

Can'tPickAWinner
04-18-2018, 01:23 PM
Wise Guy Insider

MLB NEW YORK METS ‑110

Can'tPickAWinner
04-18-2018, 01:23 PM
Lasvegasmoneymachine

NHL TAMPA BAY LIGHTNING/NEW JERSEY DEVILS ‑140

Can'tPickAWinner
04-18-2018, 01:24 PM
Monster Sports Picks

NHL TAMPA BAY LIGHTNING/NEW JERSEY DEVILS ‑140

Can'tPickAWinner
04-18-2018, 01:25 PM
MVP Lock Club

MLB HOUSTON ASTROS ‑170

Can'tPickAWinner
Tys Terrific Tips

NBA MINNESOTA TIMBERWOLVES +10

Can'tPickAWinner
Pinnacle Sports Picks

NBA OKLAHOMA CITY THUNDER ‑4.5

Can'tPickAWinner
04-18-2018, 01:26 PM
Picks 2 Play

MLB TORONTO BLUE JAYS ‑200

Can'tPickAWinner
04-18-2018, 01:27 PM
Pure Lock

MLB TORONTO BLUE JAYS ‑195

Can'tPickAWinner
Power Play Wins

Can'tPickAWinner
Mikey Sports

MLB OAKLAND ATHLETICS ‑195

Can'tPickAWinner
04-18-2018, 01:28 PM
R and R Totals

MLB CLEVELAND INDIANS/MINNESOTA TWINS +100 u7.5

Can'tPickAWinner
04-18-2018, 01:28 PM
Insider Sports Report

MLB TEXAS RANGERS +100

Can'tPickAWinner
04-18-2018, 01:29 PM
Ace / V.I.P.

Can'tPickAWinner
04-18-2018, 01:29 PM
Baseball Bullies

MLB MILWAUKEE BREWERS ‑140

Can'tPickAWinner
04-18-2018, 01:30 PM
Top Shelf Sports Pick

NHL TAMPA BAY LIGHTNING ‑135

Can'tPickAWinner
04-18-2018, 01:35 PM
Team Underground

NHL NASHVILLE PREDATORS ‑170

Can'tPickAWinner
04-18-2018, 01:35 PM
Total Winner Sports

MLB CHICAGO CUBS ‑105

Can'tPickAWinner
04-18-2018, 01:39 PM
National Sports Service

MLB Angels under 8.5

Can'tPickAWinner
Primetime Sports Picks

NBA Jazz over 207

Can'tPickAWinner
Doc's Picks

MLB Texas +100

Can'tPickAWinner
04-18-2018, 01:40 PM
Profit On Sports

MLB Detroit +110

Can'tPickAWinner
Elite Sports Picks

NBA Cavs -8

Can'tPickAWinner
Insider Sports Report

MLB Boston +110

Can'tPickAWinner
04-18-2018, 01:41 PM
Top Rank Sports Picks

MLB Brewers -140

Can'tPickAWinner
04-18-2018, 01:41 PM
The Sports Consensus

MLB Reds over 9

Can'tPickAWinner
04-18-2018, 03:07 PM
Jimmy Boyd Apr 18 '18, 10:07 PM in 7h
MLB | Red Sox vs Angels
Play on: Angels -118 at BetPhoenix

Free MLB Pick Angels -118
I'm recommending a play on the Angels as a short home favorite against the Red Sox on Wednesday. Boston came in an embarrassed LA in Game 1, as they hit 6 home runs in a 10-1 win. That's a difficult act to follow for the Red Sox and it's going to have the Angels 100% locked in for this contest.
I know Boston is off to a great start, but LA had won 7 straight prior to last night's loss. Simply put, this is too good a price to pass up on a team playing as well as the Angels on their home field. I also give the edge here to LA in the starting pitching department. The Angels will send out Tyler Skaggs, who despite some control problems has posted a 1.69 ERA and 1.187 WHIP in his first 3 starts. Red Sox will counter with Rick Porcello, who has also been off to a strong start, but a big reason for that is he's faced the Rays twice.
It's also worth noting that Porcello has a poor history against these Angels. He's 6-7 with a 5.87 ERA in 16 career starts against LA and has gone just 1-4 with a 5.82 ERA when starting at Angel Stadium. Boston is also just 3-8 in Porcello's last 11 starts against a team with a winning record. Take Los Angeles!

Can'tPickAWinner
Jack Jones Apr 18 '18, 10:07 PM in 7h
MLB | Red Sox vs Angels
Play on: Angels -118 at pinnacle

Jack’s Free Pick Wednesday: Los Angeles Angels -118
After getting embarrassed 10-1 by the Red Sox yesterday, the Angels will want revenge at home in Game 2 of this series tonight. Shohei Ohtani had to leave his start early due to a blister, and the Angels could never recover.
Now Tyler Skaggs gets the ball looking to continue his dominant start to the season. Skaggs is 2-0 with a 1.69 ERA and 1.187 WHIP through three starts this year. In his lone career start against Boston, he pitched 5 1/3 shutout innings for a 0.00 ERA.
Rick Porcello is off to a solid start for the Red Sox as well, but two of his starts have come against light-hitting Tampa Bay. He will have his hands full against this red-hot Angels lineup. Porcello has never had much success against them, going 6-7 with a 5.87 ERA and 1.391 WHIP in 16 career starts against Los Angeles.
The Red Sox are 3-8 in Porcello’s last 11 starts vs. a team with a winning record, including 1-4 in his last five starts vs. a team with a winning record. The Angels are 5-0 in Skaggs’ last five starts. Los Angeles is 13-3 in its last 16 games overall. Bet the Angels Wednesday.

Can'tPickAWinner
Totals Guru Apr 18 '18, 10:07 PM in 7h
MLB | BOS vs LAA
Play on: UNDER 8½ -115

Free Total Annihilator On Red Sox vs Angels under 8½ -115

Can'tPickAWinner
Dana Lane Apr 18 '18, 9:40 PM in 6h
MLB | Giants vs Diamondbacks
Play on: Diamondbacks -149 at betonline

Can'tPickAWinner
04-18-2018, 03:08 PM
Larry Ness Apr 18 '18, 7:10 PM in 4h
MLB | Indians vs Twins
Play on: Twins +114 at 5Dimes

My 1* Free Play is on the Minnesota Twins (7:10 EST).

The Tribe hand the ball to Carlos Carrasco (3-0, 3.48 ERA), who comes in having an entire week off between starts due to postponements. Carrasco would give up one run off three hits and two walks with six K’s in a complete game effort against the Tigers in his previous outing. Note it was his first time past the sixth inning this season.
Beating the anemic Tigers is one thing, but the Twins, who rank ninth in the MLB with a 109 wRC+, present an entirely different challenge.
The Twins counter with Jose Berrios (2-1, 2.18), who gave up three hits over seven scoreless, while also striking out 11 and walking none in a victory over the White Sox on Thursday. Berrios now owns an unreal 0.63 WHIP and 24/1 K/W over his first 20.1 innings of work.
After winning three straight, the Twins came back down to Earth in yesterday’s 6-1 defeat. This two-game series is being played in Puerto Rico, Berrios’ home.
I think Berrios will easily match Carrasco inning for inning and in a scenario like that, I think the value swings to the hard-hitting and revenge-minded underdog. Consider Minnesota on Wednesday night.
Good luck…Larry

Can'tPickAWinner
Ricky Tran Apr 18 '18, 8:05 PM in 4h
NBA | Jazz vs Thunder
Play on: Thunder -4 -110 at BetPhoenix

Ricky's Free play on the OKC Thunder -4:
Key Angle: It's important to remember that Ricky never makes a bet on any game based on just one angle. In order to make the grade, all his premium picks must meet several important criteria. He doesn't share all his secrets within his analysis, instead he chooses to reveal only the angle that he feels is the most significant. In today's game there is no doubt that the way the Thunder closed out the regular season was particularly significant. Oklahoma City proclaimed itself a "Super Team" after picking up Carmelo Anthony and Paul George last summer. It took a long time to gel, but they appear to be on the verge of reaching their full potential. The Thunder won four of their final five games, and Paul George averaged almost 28 points per game during that span.
Key Trends:
- The Jazz are 2-6 ATS in the last 8 meetings.
- The Jazz are 1-5 ATS in the last 6 meetings in Oklahoma City.
- The Home team is 19-8 ATS in the last 27 meetings.
Verdict: Take OKC -4

Can'tPickAWinner
Dave Price Apr 18 '18, 8:05 PM in 4h
NBA | Jazz vs Thunder
Play on: Thunder -4½ -105 at BMaker

Dave’s Wednesday Free Play:
1* on Oklahoma City Thunder -4.5
The Key: The Oklahoma City Thunder have owned the Utah Jazz at home. The Thunder are 15-0 straight up in their last 15 home meetings with the Jazz. They are winning these games by more than 14 PPG on average. They won by 8 in Game 1 and should cover this 4.5-point spread with relative ease in Game 2. The Jazz had a big scare when Donovan Mitchell injured his toe in Game 1, and while he is likely to play tonight, he won’t be near 100%. Take Oklahoma City.

Can'tPickAWinner
04-18-2018, 03:09 PM
Doug Upstone Apr 18 '18, 7:05 PM in 3h
NBA | Pacers vs Cavs
Play on: OVER 209 -105

On Wednesday night in the NBA Playoffs, Play Over on teams like Cleveland when the total is 200 to 209.5, after going under the total by more than 30 points in their previous game, with a winning record on the season, playing another winning team. In the past five years, this situation is 28-12, 70 percent.

Can'tPickAWinner
Marc Lawrence Apr 18 '18, 7:10 PM in 4h
MLB | Nationals vs Mets
Play on: Nationals -105 at betonline

Play - Washington Nationals w/Roark (Game 710).
Edges - Nationals: Roark 8-4 career team starts in this series … Mets: Matz 1-3 L4 team starts in this series… With the Nets 9-2 their last 11 games in this park, we recommend a 1* play on Washington.Thank you and good luck as always.

Can'tPickAWinner
Kenny Walker Apr 18 '18, 10:10 PM in 7h
NHL | Predators vs Avalanche
Play on: Avalanche +155 at 5Dimes

Free Pick on Avalanche

Can'tPickAWinner
04-18-2018, 03:10 PM
Brad Diamond Apr 18 '18, 7:10 PM in 4h
MLB | Indians vs Twins
Play on: Indians -113 at pinnacle

SUPER-7 ALL SPORTS AGENDA ON WEDNESDAY
CASHED THE WASHINGTON CAPS+ LAST NIGHT
#3 HANDICAPPER 2017
Cleveland (Carrasco) over Minnesota (Berrios) @ 7:10 Eastern
Site: San Juan, Puerto Rico
Game #2 of the series has an outstanding pitching battle between the aforementioned hurlers. Veteran Carasco (3-0, 3.48) naturally generates offensive support from the Indians. RHP Berrios has pitched well this season but, has a 5.31 ERA versus Cleveland and shows 2-6 off a Quality start. The Indians bring 43-18 record with Carasco starting, 7-2 with six days off. Veteran Carasco is 4-1 L5 against inspired Minnesota.

Can'tPickAWinner
Andre Ramirez Apr 18 '18, 9:40 PM in 6h
Play on: Diamondbacks -1½ +145 at betonline

MLB 75 DIME GAME
DIAMONDBACKS -1.5
The San Francisco Giants have endless potential but they will need to get McCutchen and Longoria going to drive in runs. San Francisco racks up tons of hits but scores very few runs. The Diamondbacks are a more well-rounded team. They have power and consistent hitting as well as a shut-down closer that will earn them this win.
The Diamondbacks are 5-1 at home.

Can'tPickAWinner
John Martin Apr 18 '18, 8:05 PM in 4h
NBA | Jazz vs Thunder
Play on: UNDER 208 -110

1 Unit FREE PLAY on Jazz/Thunder UNDER 208
The UNDER was 4-0 in the four meetings between Utah and Oklahoma City during the regular season. They combined for 192, 186, 194 and 183 points in those four meetings, respectively. So the fact that they went over the total of 205 in Game 1 was an aberration as they combined for 224 points. Now the total has been set at 208 for Game 3, a full 3-point adjustment. I think there’s value with the UNDER and that we see a much lower scoring game tonight. It’s worth noting that both Donavan Mitchell (toe) and Paul George (hip) got banged up in Game 1, though both are expected to play tonight. Give me the UNDER.

Can'tPickAWinner
Brandon Lee Apr 18 '18, 7:10 PM in 4h
MLB | Indians vs Twins
Play on: Twins +111 at pinnacle

10* FREE MLB PICK (Twins +111)
I'll take my chances here with the Twins as a dog against AL Central rival Cleveland. To no surprise the Indians won the series opener in this short 2-game set in Puerto Rico behind their ace Corey Kluber. Most will look to jump right back on the Cleveland bandwagon with Carlos Carrasco taking the mound off a complete game in his last start against the Tigers. I'm going the other way. Carrasco has had two really good starts against Detroit and Kansas City, both of which are horrible offensively. The only decent offense he faced was the Mariners and he gave up 5 runs on 7 hits in 5 2/3 innings. Carrasco also is just 5-6 with a 3.97 ERA and 1.387 WHIP in 14 career starts against the Twins. Minnesota counters with Jose Berrios, who has a 2.18 ERA and 0.629 WHIP in his first 3 starts, two of which he didn't allow a single run. Berrios faced Cleveland just once last season, but it was a good one, as he limited them to 1 run on 2 hits over 7 2/3 innings in a 4-1 win. Give me the Twins +111!

Can'tPickAWinner
04-18-2018, 03:11 PM
Jesse Schule Apr 18 '18, 7:10 PM in 4h
NHL | Penguins vs Flyers
Play on: Penguins -140 at betonline

Penguins vs Flyers Free Pick April 18, 2018

The Penguins have the majority of star power in this series, including the best player in the world (Sidney Crosby). Evgeni Malkin and Phil Kessel are also legitimate superstars, while aside from Claude Giroux, the Flyers are short on big name players. Sean Couturier leads the team in scoring in the playoffs, and he centers the Flyers first line. He could miss Game 4 after suffering an injury in Tuesday's practice. While Philly is severely out-gunned, their biggest disadvantage is between the pipes. Matt Murray is a two time Stanley Cup champion, while Brian Elliot came over in the off-season after failing to lock down the starting job in Calgary. Elliot has been lit up in two of three games in this series, going 1-2 with a 4.43 GAA. Murray on the other hand is 2-1 with a 1.71 GAA in the the playoffs so far. The Penguins had the best power play in the league during the regular season, while Philly ranked 29th in the league on the penalty kill. In such a one-sided matchup, Philly's only hope is that Elliot can steal a game or two. He's just not the right man for the job.

Take PIT.

GL,

Jesse Schule

Can'tPickAWinner
Mike Lundin Apr 18 '18, 9:40 PM in 6h
Play on: Diamondbacks -141 at 5Dimes

Can'tPickAWinner
Art Aronson Apr 18 '18, 10:40 PM in 7h
NHL | Ducks vs Sharks
Play on: Sharks -170 at 5Dimes

This is a 1* Free Play on the San Jose Sharks.
If you don’t mind laying juice, we think that the surging Sharks put the floundering Ducks out of their misery tonight. San Jose took Game 1, 3-0. It then took Game 2, 3-2. Game 3 was a complete destruction though, as the Sharks smashed Anaheim 8-1 in their own barn. The Ducks are rattled, with no confidence whatsoever. Anaheim goaltender John Gibson was pulled early last time out, but he’s clearly suffering with consistency issues right now. Note that the Ducks are a poor 8-10 (-4.7 units) this year after scoring one goal or less in their previous contest, while the Sharks are 19-10 (+7.5 units) this season after scoring four goals or more in their previous outing. With a chance to end this series early and get rested for the next round, we expect the home side SHARKS to put the foot on the gas from start to finish. Consider laying the price in this one.
AAA Sports