PDA

View Full Version : Saturday 5-5-18 Free Plays / Trends / Betting Info / Etc

Can'tPickAWinner
04-30-2018, 09:25 AM
Members post your personal plays in the various sports forums @ IWS and our betting trackers!

NFL
http://www.investwithsports.com/newf...3-NFL-Football (http://www.investwithsports.com/newforum/forumdisplay.php?53-NFL-Football)

College Football
http://www.investwithsports.com/newf...-NCAA-Football (http://www.investwithsports.com/newforum/forumdisplay.php?54-NCAA-Football)

Baseball
http://www.investwithsports.com/newf...57-ML-Baseball (http://www.investwithsports.com/newforum/forumdisplay.php?57-ML-Baseball)

College Basketball
http://www.investwithsports.com/newf...CAA-Basketball (http://www.investwithsports.com/newforum/forumdisplay.php?55-NCAA-Basketball)

NBA
http://www.investwithsports.com/newf...NBA-Basketball (http://www.investwithsports.com/newforum/forumdisplay.php?56-NBA-Basketball)

NHL
http://www.investwithsports.com/newf...?58-NHL-Hockey (http://www.investwithsports.com/newforum/forumdisplay.php?58-NHL-Hockey)

Can'tPickAWinner
05-05-2018, 07:03 AM
Boston Celtics vs. Philadelphia 76ers Preview and Predictions 05-05-2018

4th May 2018 by Gracenote
the boston celtics look to open up a commanding 3-0 series lead when they visit the philadelphia 76ers on saturday in the eastern conference semifinals. philadelphia was in good position to even the series when it led game 2 by 22 points but boston rallied to post an impressive 108-103 victory.

the celtics appear to be in good shape as they are 36-0 all-time when holding a 2-0 lead in a seven-game series but it took a lot of work to overcome the 76ers' stellar start. "honestly i didn't even realize we were down 22," boston power forward al horford told reporters. "i knew we were down big, but what we kept talking about was, like, 'we can't get it all back at once -- we just need to chip away and just go.'" philadelphia is 0-11 all-time when dropping the first two contests of a seven-game playoff series but coach brett brown isn't interested in dwelling over the big hole. "they won two games at home and we have to reciprocate," brown told reporters. "there's not going to be a pity party."
tv: 5 p.m. et, espn
about the celtics: small forward jayson tatum is averaging 24.5 points over the first two games of the series and he is the first boston rookie to score 20 or more in four straight playoff games since hall of famer larry bird in 1980. shooting guard jaylen brown scored 13 points in 25 minutes off the bench after missing the series opener with a hamstring injury and admitted he took a risk by suiting up and playing. "it was my call," brown said afterward. "the doctors didn't want me to play, i told them i'd be fine. it was all on me, but you manage it right, be smart with it, i don't expect to miss any games."
about the 76ers: rookie point guard ben simmons experienced a disastrous time in game 2 as he had just one point while committing five turnovers but he didn't hide from taking the blame. "i think it was mainly what i did to myself," simmons told reporters. "i think, mentally, i was thinking too much, over-thinking the plays. wasn't just out there, flowing, playing the way i play, which is free. i think, obviously, i know what their game plan is. i got to play my game." star center joel embiid had 20 points and 14 rebounds for his fourth consecutive double-double but was just 8-of-22 shooting.
buzzer beaters

1. celtics pg terry rozier had 20 points, nine assists and seven rebounds in game 2 and is averaging 25 points over the past three playoff games.

2. philadelphia sg jj redick scored 23 points in game 2 and has put together four straight 20-point outings.

3. horford produced 13 points and 12 rebounds in game 2 for his fourth double-double of the postseason.

prediction: 76ers 113, celtics 109

Can'tPickAWinner
Toronto Raptors vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Preview and Predictions 05-07-2018

lebron james and the cleveland cavaliers once again have the toronto raptors on the ropes and they will try to deliver another damaging blow in the one-sided rivalry when the teams meet for game 3 of their eastern conference semifinal series on saturday. the cavaliers took both games at top-seeded toronto to begin the series and seek to extend their postseason winning streak versus the raptors to nine straight games - all in the past three seasons.

james collected 43 points - his fourth game of 40-plus points this postseason - and tied a playoff career high with 14 assists in a resounding 128-110 victory on thursday for a 2-0 series lead. "the ball was popping, guys were feeling involved, everybody felt their comfort [zone]," james told the media after fourth-seeded cleveland shot 59.5 percent overall and scored 102 points over the final three quarters. "no matter at home or on the road, you want to try to play that type of basketball." the raptors have to be feeling the heat as they spiral toward what could be another playoff disappointment at the hands of the four-time mvp, although they insist they're still on track. "we thrive off adversity," toronto guard demar derozan told reporters. "every single guy on this team, we thrive off it. we've been in tough situations before and sometimes that's what brings the best out of you. that's where we're at now and it's the first team to win four. we understand where we're at and we're going to fight."
tv: 8:30 p.m. et, abc
about the raptors: after winning a franchise-record 59 games during the regular season while earning the top seed in the east for the first time, toronto is quickly searching for answers as it heads to cleveland. "one thing you have is pride," raptors coach dwane casey said. "one thing you have is pride to go into cleveland and play for pride. i don't know what the history of down 0-2 is, but one thing i do know is tonight wasn't us, how we normally play for longer periods of time. we'll find some answers whether we change the lineup, whatever it is, to keep the offense moving, keep the game moving, and keep the pace going." led by derozan (24 points) and kyle lowry (21), the raptors shot 54.3 percent but they offered little resistance at the other end while forcing just three turnovers, giving the cavaliers a 24-8 advantage in that category this series.
about the cavaliers: james hasn't needed much help during the playoffs, but he was given a boost in game 2 with a breakout effort for big man kevin love. after averaging 10.9 points on 31.9 percent shooting through the first eight playoff games, the veteran had 31 points on 11-of-21 shooting in thursday's win. "he demanded the ball and we got it to him," james said. "he worked well off the ball, i was able to hit him for a couple slashes to the rim; he was able to dunk one. he was able to get some going on the run. he had his 3 going a little bit early, but more importantly he was working the paint. ... he's our all-star power forward, and it was a huge game for him."
buzzer beaters
1. james scored at least 44 points in each of his last three playoff home games.
2. derozan is 0-for-13 from 3-point range over his last three games.

3. cleveland won both regular-season meetings at home by a total of nine points.

prediction: cavaliers 114, raptors 109

Can'tPickAWinner
Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Washington Capitals Preview and Predictions 05-05-2018

captain alex ovechkin looks to start another streak and help pull the washington capitals within one victory of the eastern conference finals when they host the pittsburgh penguins for the pivotal game 5 on saturday night. ovechkin had scored in four consecutive playoff games before being held without a shot thursday as the penguins drew even in the best-of-seven semifinal series with a 3-1 triumph at home.

"we've believed in ourselves all year," washington goalie braden holtby told reporters after the setback. "one game at a time. now this game isn't going to shake us at all. our biggest asset has been bouncing back, either after a win or a loss. just focus on playing our game, and that's what we're going to do." ovechkin owns eight goals in 10 playoff contests, including five in a four-game span before thursday when the capitals were held to 21 shots - three in the third period by a rejuvenated pittsburgh defense. "i thought we defended hard," penguins coach mike sullivan told reporters. "we made pretty good decisions with the puck. we stayed above the attack. the opportunities that we did get were off of our defense. i think it was a solid third period." forward jake guentzel continued a remarkable run for pittsburgh with two goals and seven shots in game 4 - giving him nhl bests of 10 goals and 21 points in the postseason, including four tallies and four assists in the series.
tv: 7 p.m. et, nbc, sportsnet, tva
about the penguins: guentzel, who sealed thursday's win with an empty-netter, is the first player since wayne gretzky and mark messier in 1988 to reach 20 points in 10 or fewer playoff games during one season. "he works hard," pittsburgh captain sidney crosby, who has 19 points in the playoffs, told reporters of guentzel. "he does a lot of good things with and without the puck. i think he cares more about the wins more than the goals and assists. so he's been a big part of our team's success." goalie matt murray, who had two shutouts in the first four games of the postseason, allowed one goal thursday after permitting 17 in the previous five contests.
about the capitals: devante smith-pelley moved onto the first line with tom wilson serving the first of a three-game suspension, but did not have a shot while playing with ovechkin and evgeny kuznetsov (five shots). right wing t.j. oshie snapped a four-game drought with his fourth goal of the playoffs in game 4 on the power play, but has been held to five total shots over his last five contests. john carlson has 10 points and brooks orpik boasts a plus-6 rating to lead the defense in the playoffs for washington while holtby continues to shine with a 2.07 goals-against average and .924 save percentage after starting the postseason on the bench.
overtime

1. crosby has 183 career playoff points, tied with bryan trottier and nicklas lidstrom for 11th in nhl history and two behind steve yzerman for 10th.

2. washington f shane gersich had one shot on net in 5:48 of ice time thursday in his first career playoff game, taking wilson's place.

3. pittsburgh lw carl hagelin returned to the lineup for game 4 after missing the previous three contests with an upper-body injury.

prediction: capitals 4, penguins 3

Can'tPickAWinner
05-05-2018, 07:04 AM
Winnipeg Jets vs. Nashville Predators Preview and Predictions 05-05-2018

the nashville predators return home for game 5 of the western conference semifinals saturday against the winnipeg jets with a renewed sense of hope, after a gritty defensive performance helped them even the series at two games apiece. nashville made an early lead hold up in thursday's game 4, grinding down the speedy jets with relentless defensive pressure in a 2-1 victory that gives the predators home-ice advantage again and turns the series into a best-of-three sprint.

"i think the biggest thing is we had full commitment through our lineup to play defense," predators defenseman p.k. subban told reporters after nashville outhit winnipeg 27-23 and blocked more shots (9-6), two nights after the jets scored seven times in the final 40 minutes. there would be no such outburst in game 5 thanks also to pekka rinne, who carried a shutout into the final minute and finished with 32 saves in his best game of the series. the jets, who won game 1 on the road, will have to win at least one more away from home in order to advance to the conference finals, and have to find a way to get their high-octane offense back on track after their lowest output of the postseason. "we've responded incredibly well all year," jets forward blake wheeler told the media afterward. "it has not been an easy year - a lot of adversity all year - and we've answered the bell every single time, so i'm excited about game 5."
tv: 9:30 p.m. et, nbc sports network, cbc, tva sports
about the jets: winnipeg struggled to crack the neutral zone in game 4, avoiding the shutout on patrik laine's power-play goal with 51 seconds to play to give the jets tallies with the extra man in each of the past three games. center paul stastny extended his points streak to five games (two goals, six assists) by assisting on laine's goal, but the jets were unable to generate sustained offense until the final minutes. goaltender connor hellebuyck made 27 saves but only faced seven shots in the final period.
about the predators: the defense-first approach paid big dividends in game 4 as nashville held the jets to 33 shots on goal, after winnipeg peppered rinne with 95 shots in the previous two games. subban scored a goal for the third consecutive game and finished with four shots on goal and three hits in a team-leading 25:44 of ice time. forwards filip forsberg and ryan johansen each picked up assists on subban's goal, extending their points streaks to three games.
overtime

1. nashville d yannick weber made his playoff debut after missing time with an upper-body injury, finishing plus-1 in 8:32.
2. jets c matt hendricks drew into the lineup, finishing minus-1 in playing only 6:42.

3. all three of subban's goals in the series have come on the power play.

prediction: predators 3, jets 2

Can'tPickAWinner
05-05-2018, 07:07 AM
Handicapped by Rick Needham at Belmont Park

RACE #10 - BELMONT PARK - 5:48 PM EASTERN POST
The Fort Marcy Stakes
9.0 FURLONGS INNER TURF GRADE III FOUR YEARS OLD AND UPWARD STAKES $150,000.00 PURSE

#1 ROBERT BRUCE
#8 SILVERWARE
#5 MANITOULIN
#2 LUCULLAN

F.Y.I. folks, The Fort Marcy is named after the Rokeby Stable's 1970 Horse of the Year and Turf Champion. In 75 starts, the Elliot Burch trained gelding compiled a record of 21-18-4 for total earnings of $1,109,791. Fort Marcy won 16 stakes, all on the grass, and was the first strictly turf performer to be acclaimed Horse of the Year. Here in the 42nd running of "The Fort," #1 ROBERT BRUCE, a Chilean-bred entry, is the overall speed leader in this field, and has won five straight, with his last four "Circle Trips" also qualifying as "POWER RUN WINS." #8 SILVERWAVE,the morning line favorite, was bred in France, and has hit the board in three of his last five outings, including a "POWER RUN WIN" in his 4th race back.

Can'tPickAWinner
05-05-2018, 07:08 AM
Handicapped by Rick Needham at Churchill Downs

RACE #8 - CHURCHILL DOWNS - 2:45 PM EASTERN POST
The Churchill Downs Stakes
7.0 FURLONGS DIRT GRADE II FOUR YEARS OLD AND UPWARD STAKES $500,000.00 PURSE

#3 IMPERIAL HINT
#10 AWESOME SLEW
#2 CHIEF CICATRIZ
#7 LIMOUSINE LIBERAL

#3 IMPERIAL HINT is the overall speed and pace profile leader in this stakes sprinting at today's "specialized distance" of 7.0 furlongs on the dirt, and has hit the board in "POWER RUN FASHION" in five straight, including a quartet of "POWER RUN WINS" being embedded in this recent streak of racing consistency. Jockey Javier Castellano was in his irons for those 5 "board hit efforts," and is back this afternoon for his 6th ride, gunning for a 5th "Circle Trip." #10 AWESOME SATURDAY has also hit the board in "POWER RUN FASHION" in each of his respective last five outings, including a "POWER RUN WIN" in his 3rd race back.

Can'tPickAWinner
05-05-2018, 07:09 AM
Handicapped by The Turf Club Analysts

Bar

Charles Town - Race #4 - Post: 8:25pm - Claiming - 4.5 furlongs on the Dirt. Purse: $15,500 Class Rating: 67

Rating: Golden DollarGolden DollarGolden DollarGolden Dollar

#3 WHO'S MY BOSS (ML=3/1)

WHO'S MY BOSS - I like horses that return to a similar class level after dropping at least five Equibase class figure points like this one did in the last race. I believe he'll be competitive at this class level.

Vulnerable Contenders: #2 FOR THE LOVE (ML=8/5), #4 FASTER THAN CHROME (ML=7/2), #5 LIL'L ALLSTAR (ML=9/2),

FOR THE LOVE - You should normally bet against morning-line favorites that haven't raced or show no activity in the morning over the last three weeks. FASTER THAN CHROME - When looking at today's class figure, he will have to record a much better speed fig than in the last race to battle in this dirt sprint. LIL'L ALLSTAR - In the last affair this pony finished sixth. Doesn't look good for his chances today. Don't believe this vulnerable equine will make a winning move in today's event. That last speed figure was somewhat easily forgotten when compared with today's class figure.

STRAIGHT WAGERS:
Play #3 WHO'S MY BOSS to win if you can get odds of 1/1 or more

EXACTA WAGERS:
None

TRIFECTA WAGERS:
Pass

SUPERFECTA WAGERS:
Pass

Can'tPickAWinner
05-05-2018, 07:10 AM
Handicapped by The Walker Group at Hastings Park
Always check program numbers.
Odds shown are morning line odds.

Race 7 - Claiming - 6.5f on the Dirt. Purse: $11000 Class Rating: 83

FOR THREE YEAR OLDS AND UPWARD WHICH HAVE NOT WON A RACE SINCE APRIL 21, 2018 OR WHICH HAVE NEVER WON FOUR RACES. THREE YEAR OLDS, 119 LBS.; OLDER, 124 LBS. NON-WINNERS OF A RACE SINCE APRIL 5 ALLOWED 2 LBS. A RACE SINCE MARCH 5ALLOWED 4 LBS. CLAIMING PRICE $4,000, FOR EACH $500 TO $3,000 3 LBS.

RECOMMENDED CHOICES
The Walker Group Picks

# 1 MAGGIE'S GUY 9/2

# 2 CEDERBERG 6/1

# 7 SIR BARCLAY 3/1

I've got to go with MAGGIE'S GUY. Has put up strong Equibase Speed Figs in dirt sprint races in the past. Could beat this field given the 77 speed figure garnered in his last outing. He has been running solidly and the speed figures are among the most competitive in this group. CEDERBERG - He has been running strongly recently while recording solid Equibase Speed Figures. Has performed solidly lately in sprint races, posting a nifty 79 avg speed figure. SIR BARCLAY - He looks formidable in this slot and I expect will be on the front end or close at the midpoint. Should be carefully examined here if only for the competitive speed rating recorded in the last contest.

Can'tPickAWinner
05-05-2018, 07:10 AM
F.A.S.T. Sheets Free Race for Laurel Park
Laurel Park - Race 2

EXACTA &TRIFECTA / DAILY DOUBLE (RACES 2-3) / 10 cent SUPERFECTA 50 cent PICK 3 (RACES 2-3-4) / 50 cent PICK 4 (RACES 2-3-4-5)

Claiming $16,000 • 6 Furlongs • Dirt • Ages 3 and up • CR: 92 • Purse: $22,000 • Post: 12:45
(PLUS UP TO 30% MBF) FOR THREE YEAR OLDS AND UPWARD WHICH HAVE NEVER WON TWO RACES. THREE YEAR OLDS, 119 LBS.; OLDER, 124 LBS. MAIDENS ALLOWED 5 LBS. CLAIMING PRICE $16,000, FOR EACH $1,750 TO $12,500 2 LBS.
Contenders

Race Analysis
P#
Horse
Morn
Line

Accept
Odds

Race Type: Lone Stalker. OUT AT EIGHT is the Lone Stalker of the race. * KEY ANGLES * OUT AT EIGHT: Horse has the highest TrackMaster Power Rating. Horse has the highest average Equibase Speed Figure at the distance/surface. Horse has the highes t average Equibase Class Rating at the distance/surface. TOOK OVER: Horse ranks in the top three in TrackMaster Power Rating. Horse ranks in the top three in average Equibase Speed Figure at the distance/surface. Horse's average winning distance i s within half a furlong of today's distance (within 50 yards if a Quarter Horse race).
OUT AT EIGHT
8/5

9/5
TOOK OVER
5/2

6/1

P#

Horse (In Running Style Order)

Morn
Line

Running Style

Good
Class

Good
Speed

Early Figure

Finish Figure

Platinum
Figure
TOOK OVER

5/2
Front-runner

MUTARAAMY

5/1
Front-runner

OUT AT EIGHT

8/5
Stalker

SELF START

6/1
Trailer

VOO DUDE

12/1
Trailer

CANNON'S ROAR

9/2
Alternator/Non-contender

Can'tPickAWinner
05-05-2018, 07:11 AM
Handicapped by The Turf Club Analysts

Bar

Santa Anita - Race #7 - Post: 4:00pm - Stakes - 8.0 furlongs on the Turf. Purse: $100,000 Class Rating: 98 Senorita S. (Grade 3)

Rating: Golden DollarGolden DollarGolden DollarGolden Dollar

#7 MOVIE MOMENT (ML=6/1)
#1 WEST PALM BEACH (IRE) (ML=5/2)
#6 PURSUING THE DREAM (IRE) (ML=4/1)

MOVIE MOMENT - In the last race on the sod, this horse was solid. Anything close in this field, and this one should win. This jock/trainer duo has been producing a very profitable ROI, right at +620. This filly is in nice form. Ran first on Apr 6th. Jock hops up on after getting to know the race horse by riding in the last race. That's always a good to see. This horse has a lot of class. A good sign in a turf race like we have today. WEST PALM BEACH (IRE) - I like to see consistency in a racehorse. Look at this filly's PPs. Almost always in the money. Filly won her last race here on March 16th as a shipper. I think she looks like a winner once again. I do like foreign invaders that have performed well at a major foreign racing venue. Here is an appropriate handicapping angle that I've used many times before. Play a filly (like this one) getting Lasix for the second time. PURSUING THE DREAM (IRE) - This one could be a potential overlay in today's race at morning odds of 4/1. Finished fourth in last race at Santa Anita but was close at the finish line. This filly has performed well at major foreign tracks, and ships in for today's race. Could be tough to beat. Here is an appropriate handicapping angle that I've used many times before. Play a filly (like this one) getting Lasix for the 2nd time.

Vulnerable Contenders: #4 TREASURING (GB) (ML=7/2), #3 EXUBERANCE (ML=4/1), #2 MAY GIRL (GB) (ML=6/1),

TREASURING (GB) - In the last race this pony finished sixth. Doesn't look good for her chances in today's event. EXUBERANCE - This less than sharp equine ran a quite unimpressive speed rating last race out. She shouldn't show signs of improvement and will probably lose today running that fig. MAY GIRL (GB) - Didn't look so hot last time out. Probably won't make a winning move in today's event. Not likely that the speed rating she earned on October 7th will be good enough in this race.

STRAIGHT WAGERS:
Go with #7 MOVIE MOMENT on top if we're getting at least 3/1 odds

EXACTA WAGERS:
Box [1,7]

TRIFECTA WAGERS:
Box [1,6,7] Total Cost: $6

SUPERFECTA WAGERS:
[1,6,7] with [1,6,7] with [1,3,5,6,7] with [1,3,5,6,7] Total Cost: $36

SUPER HIGH 5 WAGERS:
Skip

Can'tPickAWinner
05-05-2018, 07:11 AM
Handicapped by The Walker Group at Turf Paradise
Always check program numbers.
Odds shown are morning line odds.

Race 6 - Claiming - 6.0f on the Dirt. Purse: $7000 Class Rating: 84

FOR THREE YEAR OLDS AND UPWARD WHICH HAVE NOT WON A RACE SINCE NOVEMBER 5, 2017 OR WHICH HAVE NEVER WON FOUR RACES. THREE YEAR OLDS, 118 LBS.; OLDER, 124 LBS. CLAIMING PRICE $3,000

RECOMMENDED CHOICES
The Walker Group Picks

# 10 NIGHTLY NEWS 5/2

# 3 WINNING CAUSEWAY 5/2

# 6 RUNN'N REBEL 8/1

NIGHTLY NEWS has a respectable shot to take this race. Should expect a much stronger outing with the drop. Have to take a chance on this gelding with the strong earnings per start in dirt sprint races. He has put up quite good figs under today's conditions and will almost certainly fare well against this field. WINNING CAUSEWAY - He should definitely be carefully examined given the decent speed figures. The drastic drop in class can only help this horse today. RUNN'N REBEL - Will more than likely be one of the early speedsters of the pack going into the midpoint of the contest. Is a solid contender - given the 78 speed figure from his most recent race.

Can'tPickAWinner
05-05-2018, 07:12 AM
F.A.S.T. Sheets Free Race for Will Rogers Downs
Will Rogers Downs - Race 5

Exacta / Quinella / Trifecta (.50 Min.) / Superfecta (.10 Min.) Pick 4 (Races 5-6-7-8) (.50)

Maiden Special • 1 Mile • Dirt • Ages 3 and up • CR: 69 • Purse: $23,760 • Post: 2:49P
FOR ACCREDITED OKLAHOMA-BREDS MAIDENS, THREE YEARS OLD AND UPWARD. THREE YEAR OLDS, 118 LBS.; OLDER, 124 LBS.
Contenders

Race Analysis
P#
Horse
Morn
Line

Accept
Odds

Race Type: Lone Stalker. OKIE COPPER BANDIT is the Lone Stalker of the race, but has been deemed a non-contender due to a low Platinum Figure or other overall low ratings. * KEY ANGLES * COLE CAMP: Horse has run a Good Race within the last 30 days . Horse ranks in the top three in TrackMaster Power Rating. Horse ranks in the top three in average Equibase Speed Figure at the distance/surface. AIR POWER: Horse has run a Good Race within the last 30 days. Horse has the highest TrackMaster Pow er Rating. Horse has the highest average Equibase Speed Figure at the distance/surface.
COLE CAMP
7/2

5/2
AIR POWER
2/1

3/1

P#

Horse (In Running Style Order)

Morn
Line

Running Style

Good