View Full Version : Monday 5-7-18 Free Plays / Trends / Betting Info / Etc

Can'tPickAWinner
04-30-2018, 09:25 AM
Members post your personal plays in the various sports forums @ IWS and our betting trackers!

NFL
http://www.investwithsports.com/newf...3-NFL-Football (http://www.investwithsports.com/newforum/forumdisplay.php?53-NFL-Football)

College Football
http://www.investwithsports.com/newf...-NCAA-Football (http://www.investwithsports.com/newforum/forumdisplay.php?54-NCAA-Football)

Baseball
http://www.investwithsports.com/newf...57-ML-Baseball (http://www.investwithsports.com/newforum/forumdisplay.php?57-ML-Baseball)

College Basketball
http://www.investwithsports.com/newf...CAA-Basketball (http://www.investwithsports.com/newforum/forumdisplay.php?55-NCAA-Basketball)

NBA
http://www.investwithsports.com/newf...NBA-Basketball (http://www.investwithsports.com/newforum/forumdisplay.php?56-NBA-Basketball)

NHL
http://www.investwithsports.com/newf...?58-NHL-Hockey (http://www.investwithsports.com/newforum/forumdisplay.php?58-NHL-Hockey)

Can'tPickAWinner
05-07-2018, 06:42 AM
Handicapped by The Walker Group at Sam Houston
Always check program numbers.
Odds shown are morning line odds.

Race 3 - Allowance - 440y on the Dirt. Purse: $9200 Class Rating: 77

QUARTER HORSE 440Y, FOR THREE YEAR OLDS AND UPWARD WHICH HAVE NEVER WON TWO RACES. THREE YEAR OLDS, 123 LBS.; OLDER, 126 LBS.

RECOMMENDED CHOICES
The Walker Group Picks

# 5 DEALMFAST 2/1

# 1 BLUEMOONTELLER 3/1

# 3 HEZA DASH FASTER 7/2

DEALMFAST looks to be a formidable contender. Has been running strongly and has among the most competitive speed in the race for today's distance. This gelding with Calderon in the irons makes him a contender. Calderon ought to be able to get this gelding to break out quickly for this race. BLUEMOONTELLER - Will likely be one of the early speedsters of the pack going into the halfway point of the race. With a strong 64 speed figure last time out, will clearly be a factor in this competition. HEZA DASH FASTER - Could best this field based on the speed rating - 59 - of his last effort.

Can'tPickAWinner
05-07-2018, 06:43 AM
Handicapped by The Walker Group at Louisiana Downs
Always check program numbers.
Odds shown are morning line odds.

Race 7 - Maiden Special Weight - 5.5f on the Dirt. Purse: $22000 Class Rating: 59

FOR ACCREDITED LA BRED MAIDENS, FILLIES THREE YEARS OLD. WEIGHT, 118 LBS.

RECOMMENDED CHOICES
The Walker Group Picks

# 8 BACKSTAGE STAR 4/1

# 7 HONEST WOMAN 9/2

# 2 MISS URUGUAY 9/2

I have to support BACKSTAGE STAR here. Has solid Equibase Speed Figs and has to be considered for a wager in this competition. Must be carefully examined for this event if only for the very good Equibase speed fig recorded in the last contest. Has competitive Equibase Class Figures relative to this group of animals - worth a look. MISS URUGUAY - Her chances to win are much better this time out facing this less demanding group. Ranked high in earnings per start at the distance/surface in this bunch.

Can'tPickAWinner
05-07-2018, 06:43 AM
F.A.S.T. Sheets Free Race for Mountaineer Park
Mountaineer Park - Race 5

Second Half $2 Mid Daily Double (Races 4 &5) ($.50) Pick 5 (Races 5-6-7-8-9) $.50 Trifecta $1 Exacta Box ($.20) Superfecta

Claiming $4,000 • 5 Furlongs • Dirt • Ages 3 and up • CR: 89 • Purse: $6,300 • Post: 8:28P
FOR THREE YEAR OLDS AND UPWARD WHICH HAVE NOT WON A RACE SINCE MAY 7, 2017. THREE YEAR OLDS, 116 LBS.; OLDER, 123 LBS. CLAIMING PRICE $4,000 (W V A BRED RACES NOT CONSIDERED IN ELIGIBILITY).
Contenders

Race Analysis
P#
Horse
Morn
Line

Accept
Odds

Race Type: Basic Race. This race has a mixed pace scenario. Check on scratches of any of the Front-runners (to look for a lone Front-runner). * KEY ANGLES * BIG YUM: Horse ranks in the top three in TrackMaster Power Rating. Today is a sprint and the horse is carrying at least 120 lbs. SHERE KHAN: Horse racing off a layoff of 90+ days and horse has run well in the past in its first and/or second starts after a long layoff. Horse ranks in the top three in average Equibase Class Rating at th e distance/surface. SLEWS LOVE: Horse has the highest average Equibase Speed Figure at the distance/surface. Horse ranks in the top three in average Equibase Class Rating at the distance/surface. NIEMI SAYS NO: Horse racing off a layoff of 90+ day s and horse has run well in the past in its first and/or second starts after a long layoff. Horse ranks in the top three in TrackMaster Power Rating.
BIG YUM
6/1

7/2
SHERE KHAN
6/1

5/1
SLEWS LOVE
5/1

8/1
NIEMI SAYS NO
5/1

8/1

P#

Horse (In Running Style Order)

Morn
Line

Running Style

Good
Class

Good
Speed

Early Figure

Finish Figure

Platinum
Figure
BIG YUM

6/1
Front-runner

BALOTELLI

4/1
Front-runner

SHERE KHAN

6/1
Alternator/Front-runner

NIEMI SAYS NO

5/1
Stalker

HERE COMES R J

3/1
Stalker

SLEWS LOVE

5/1
Trailer

CONGRATS TO M K

10/1
Trailer

FINISHING A DREAM

20/1
Alternator/Non-contender

CHLOE'S WONDERBOY

12/1
Alternator/Non-contender

TWO LIONS

50/1
Alternator/Non-contender

Can'tPickAWinner
05-07-2018, 06:44 AM
Handicapped by The Turf Club Analysts

Bar

Parx Racing - Race #3 - Post: 1:49pm - Claiming - 5.5 furlongs on the Dirt. Purse: $20,000 Class Rating: 78

Rating: Golden DollarGolden DollarGolden DollarGolden Dollar

#7 HY RAPID LADY (ML=6/1)
#5 APPEALINGMAGIC (ML=6/5)

HY RAPID LADY - Mare won on December 11th at this class and distance. This mare is back in a race very quick. This is a great angle - Sprint horses that come back in less than 10 days after a race. A good sign of a sharp and ready racehorse. Each one of this mare's recent finish positions has been progressively better. I am keen on that most recent outing on April 27th at Laurel where she ended up third. APPEALINGMAGIC - I think this mare is ready to run a good one. She's had enough races since the vacation and should be fit. This mare is in superb condition right now. Ran first in the last race and comes back quickly. This mare earned a nice speed fig of 86 in her last affair. That speed figure should be good enough to triumph in today's event.

Vulnerable Contenders: #2 FAITHINVICTORIA (ML=5/2), #2X ROSEMARIE (ML=5/2), #4 BELLA LOU (ML=5/1),

FAITHINVICTORIA - Doubtful that the speed rating she garnered on May 1st will hold up in this race. ROSEMARIE - The pace situation just isn't too promising for this speed merchant. Many other ponies would have to scratch to improve her chances. Don't believe this vulnerable equine will make a winning move in today's race. That last rating was somewhat easily forgotten when compared with today's class figure. BELLA LOU - Difficult to play any thoroughbred to turn things around if there is no value to taking the shot. This mare earned a speed rating in her last affair which probably isn't good enough in today's event.

Top HatGUEST COMMENTARY: Hal - HY RAPID LADY - Posting a better speed rating each of her last couple of races. This mare is a prime candidate to win today.

STRAIGHT WAGERS:
#7 HY RAPID LADY to win at post-time odds of 5/2 or better

EXACTA WAGERS:
Box [5,7]

TRIFECTA WAGERS:
Skip

SUPERFECTA WAGERS:
Pass

Can'tPickAWinner
05-07-2018, 06:44 AM
Handicapped by The Turf Club Analysts

Bar

Thistledown - Race #8 - Post: 5:10pm - Maiden Special - 6.0 furlongs on the Dirt. Purse: $22,500 Class Rating: 80

Rating: Golden DollarGolden DollarGolden DollarGolden Dollar

#2 FOREST GEM (ML=6/1)
#4 BLAZEN BETSY (ML=8/1)

FOREST GEM - Tumblin brings her back again. I propose you stay with this strong filly. Don't often see a profitable return on investment like +168. This jockey/handler tandem has done well together over the last 12 months. Trainer, Tumblin, has been deliberate with this filly off the layoff. Look for a solid effort today. BLAZEN BETSY - You have to consider the solid works of late. When Cowans gives Stokes a leg up on any thoroughbred, you know that with their win percentage you have much more than a fighting chance. Cowans, the trainer, shows intent by adding Lasix right here. A positive sign.

Vulnerable Contenders: #5 D' PLATINUM (ML=4/1), #10 SUSPICION (ML=9/2), #6 SEMINARA (ML=5/1),

D' PLATINUM - In any contest of 6 furlongs, I like to bet on a contender that has been on the board in sprint races of late. This less than sharp equine hasn't been on the track since Mar 11th. Not even any drills. SUSPICION - This filly finished off the board on March 31st and wasn't near the winner in the last race either. Tough to bet on this horse this time around. Make her show you something in a sprint race before you bet on her in a race of 6 furlongs. SEMINARA - The Brain always cautions me to stay away from horses in sprint contests that haven't hit the board in sprint contests of late. This runner ran a common speed figure last time around the track. She shouldn't show signs of improvement and will probably suffer defeat in today's race running that number.

STRAIGHT WAGERS:
Putting our cash on #2 FOREST GEM to win. Have to have odds of at least 7/5 or better though

EXACTA WAGERS:
Box [2,4]

TRIFECTA WAGERS:
2 with 4 with [6,9,10] Total Cost: $3

SUPERFECTA WAGERS:
Pass

Can'tPickAWinner
05-07-2018, 06:45 AM
F.A.S.T. Sheets Free Race for Will Rogers Downs
Will Rogers Downs - Race 3

Exacta / Quinella / Trifecta (.50) / Superfecta (.10) / Pick 3 (Races 3-4-5)

Claiming $5,000 • 1 Mile • Dirt • Ages 3 and up • CR: 82 • Purse: $8,250 • Post: 2:06P
FOR THREE YEAR OLDS AND UPWARD WHICH HAVE NOT WON A RACE SINCE NOVEMBER 7, 2017 OR WHICH HAVE NEVER WON FOUR RACES. THREE YEAR OLDS, 118 LBS.; OLDER, 124 LBS. CLAIMING PRICE $5,000.
Contenders

Race Analysis
P#
Horse
Morn
Line

Accept
Odds

Race Type: Lone Front-runner. RIBBON BOX is the Lone Front-runner of the race. * KEY ANGLES * GIVE ME EXCITATION: Horse has run a Good Race within the last 30 days. Horse has the highest TrackMaster Power Rating. CAP TRICK: Horse ranks in the to p three in average Equibase Speed Figure at the distance/surface. Horse ranks in the top three in average Equibase Class Rating at the distance/surface. RIBBON BOX: Horse has run a Good Race within the last 30 days. Horse ranks in the top three in TrackMaster Power Rating. PHANTOM TRIP: Horse has a TrackMaster "+" designation or an "L" designation. Horse ranks in the top three in average Equibase Speed Figure at the distance/surface.
GIVE ME EXCITATION
2/1

9/2
CAP TRICK
10/1

5/1
RIBBON BOX
8/1

6/1
PHANTOM TRIP
9/2

10/1

P#

Horse (In Running Style Order)

Morn
Line

Running Style

Good
Class

Good
Speed

Early Figure

Finish Figure

Platinum
Figure
RIBBON BOX

8/1
Front-runner

CAP TRICK

10/1
Alternator/Stalker

PHANTOM TRIP

9/2
Alternator/Stalker

DR. SHIPLEY

4/1
Trailer

GIVE ME EXCITATION

2/1
Alternator/Trailer

MY BROTHER DON

5/2
Alternator/Non-contender

Can'tPickAWinner
05-07-2018, 10:55 AM
Boston Celtics vs. Philadelphia 76ers Preview and Predictions 05-07-2018

The Boston Celtics look to avoid a launch of confetti and finish off the Eastern Conference semifinal series Monday night when they visit the Philadelphia 76ers for Game 4. The Celtics received 24 points from rookie Jayson Tatum while Al Horford scored the final five of the game as they earned a stunning 101-98 overtime victory Saturday and took a commanding 3-0 lead in the best-of-seven series.

Marco Belinelli's jumper with less than a second left in the fourth quarter caused confetti to fill the air at the Wells Fargo Center, but his foot was inside the 3-point line and it only tied the game before Boston rallied in overtime. "I've seen crazier things that happened," Celtics guard Jaylen Brown told reporters after scoring 16 points off the bench. "The win just was the confetti for us. So we'll take it like that." Joel Embiid scored 22 points and grabbed 19 rebounds, but the 76ers shot just 39.2 percent from the field Saturday while turning the ball over in key situations and now are forced to buck NBA history as all 129 teams have failed to win a series after falling behind 3-0. "Teams that are down 3-0 have a record of (0-129)," Philadelphia coach Brett Brown told reporters. "Think about that. Just think about that number. The number is 0. The number to me, 0, happens more out of spirit than talent. Like there's a breaking point we all have and I believe that if we can maintain our spirit, why couldn't we be the one and I mean that."

TV: 6 p.m. ET, TNT

ABOUT THE CELTICS: Horford scored seven of his 13 points in overtime and had a key steal in the final seconds that snuffed out a chance for Philadelphia to win the contest. "Al is our leader," Tatum told reporters. "He's been in the playoffs every year, so he's been in every situation possible. He's always making sure we're in the right situations, and we know we can look toward him to make the right play." Tatum is averaging 24.3 points in the series and guard Terry Rozier continues to shine while leading the team in scoring during the playoffs (19.0) and providing 22.3 per game the past three.

ABOUT THE 76ERS: Rookie Ben Simmons rebounded from a rough Game 2 (one point, five turnovers) to score 16 while recording eight rebounds and eight assists in Saturday's setback. "I have a lot of growing to do," Simmons told ESPN.com. "This is the first time I've played in the playoffs, and I'm learning a lot. It's a great opportunity for myself and the team. We're all learning together. There's a lot of lessons. I think they're all very important." Embiid has registered five straight double-doubles in the playoffs and guard J.J. Redick is averaging 20.3 points in the series with 10 made 3-pointers.

BUZZER BEATERS

1. Philadelphia F Robert Covington had just one point in Saturday's loss on 0-for-8 from the field after scoring 22 in Game 2.

2. Rozier, who averaged 11.3 points in the regular season, is 18-for-34 from behind the arc over the last four games.

3. Philadelphia F Dario Saric is 5-of-23 from 3-point range in the last five games after draining 11-of-23 in the first three playoff contests.

PREDICTION: 76ers 108, Celtics 102

Can'tPickAWinner
05-07-2018, 10:56 AM
Toronto Raptors vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Preview and Predictions 05-07-2018

LeBron James is putting on a display this postseason that will be talked about for ages, and he has a chance to take his run another round further when he leads the Cleveland Cavaliers into a potential Game 4 clincher at home against the Toronto Raptors on Monday. After scoring 43 points on Thursday to help the Cavaliers gain a 2-0 series lead on the road, James knocked down a running buzzer-beater to give his team a 105-103 victory in Game 3 on Saturday.

The game-winner capped a 38-point effort for the superstar, who is averaging 34.8 points on 54.7 percent shooting to go along with 9.5 rebounds and 8.8 assists during the playoffs. "I've been doing that since I was like six, seven, eight years old," James told reporters of his latest clutch moment. "Maybe even before that. There's a picture floating around of me beside a Little Tikes hoop with a saggy Pamper on and I was doing it back then and all the way up until now, at 33." The top-seeded Raptors are on the verge of being swept out of the playoffs for the second straight season by Cleveland. "Our goal in the timeout was to trap him and make someone else beat us," Toronto coach Dwane Casey told reporters of a play that will haunt him. "He split the trap and went 100 miles an hour down the floor and lost them. We just didn't execute. It was probably my fault that I didn't make it clear that we wanted to trap him and get the ball out of his hands. We had it started in the backcourt, and for whatever reason, we let him out of the trap."

TV: 8:30 p.m. ET, TNT

ABOUT THE RAPTORS: Teams that fall behind 3-0 in the playoffs are 0-129 in NBA history, giving Toronto virtually insurmountable odds to come out on top against a team it cannot seem to solve. The task is made all the more difficult when leading scorer DeMar DeRozan struggles the way he did in Game 3, producing eight points - more than 15 below his average this postseason - on 3-of-12 shooting, leading to a benching during a critical portion of the fourth quarter. "It's extremely hard, extremely hard," DeRozan told reporters of sitting on the sidelines while his teammates made a late push. "I just want to be out there helping my team, way more than anything. It definitely sucks to be watching ... we've got to give credit to those guys. We fought hard and gave ourselves a chance to win."

ABOUT THE CAVALIERS: James will finish his career with a hefty collection of buzzer-beaters, but the sheer difficulty of Saturday's one-handed bank shot will make this one stand out. "In the moment, that's a tough shot, but I've watched him shoot that shot countless times in shootaround and practice, just messing around, shooting off the wrong leg," guard Kyle Korver told the media. "I'm like, 'When would you shoot a shot like that?' Apparently to win a playoff game. Amazing shot." Even more important for Cleveland's long-term outlook this spring was the second straight solid game for big man Kevin Love, who had 21 points on 7-of-14 shooting and 16 rebounds.

BUZZER BEATERS

1. Korver, SF Jeff Green and SG J.R. Smith are a combined 22-for-40 from 3-point range in the series.

2. Raptors PG Kyle Lowry is averaging 22 points on 62.9 percent shooting in the series.

3. If the Raptors win they will host Game 5 on Wednesday.

PREDICTION: Cavaliers 114, Raptors 104

Can'tPickAWinner
Washington Capitals vs. Pittsburgh Penguins Preview and Predictions 05-07-2018

6th May 2018 by Gracenote
The Washington Capitals previously have seen the Pittsburgh Penguins up against the ropes only to fall victim to a spirited barrage and find themselves on the canvas. The Capitals aim to prevent that scene from repeating itself on Monday as they bid to land the knockout blow in Game 6 of their Eastern Conference semifinal series at PPG Paints Arena.

Two-time reigning Stanley Cup champion Pittsburgh is no stranger to trailing 3-2 in a series, having done so against Tampa Bay in the 2016 Eastern Conference final while avoiding elimination on two separate occasions in 2017 with a 2-0 win over Washington in Game 7 of the conference semis before posting a 3-2 double-overtime victory versus Ottawa in the following round. "Everybody understands the situation," Penguins superstar captain Sidney Crosby said. "It brings out everyone's best. You don't have anything to save it for, so you go out there with one focus, and that's win a hockey game and get to a Game 7. That's our mindset here." Washington goaltender Braden Holtby was quite clear with what his team's mindset needs to be if it wishes to build off Saturday's 6-3 win in Game 5 and put itself in position to advance to the Eastern Conference final for the first time since 1998. "Where it's at right now doesn't matter at all. All that matters is the next game," the former Vezina Trophy winner said. "That's got to be our mindset if we want to have success and take a mature approach to it."

TV: 7 p.m. ET, NBC Sports Network, Sportsnet, TVAS

ABOUT THE CAPITALS: Nicklas Backstrom is expected to play in Game 6 despite sitting out Sunday's practice, one day removed from using his hand to block a shot with his team short-handed during the first period. The 30-year-old Swedish Olympian's 10 assists are tops on the team while his 13 points trail only captain Alex Ovechkin, who rebounded from failing to muster a shot on goal in Game 4 by joining Evgeny Kuznetsov in setting up Jakub Vrana's go-ahead tally with 4:38 remaining in the third period. Ironically, the Ovechkin-Kuznetsov-Vrana grouping was Washington's top line at the onset of the season as Tom Wilson served a four-game suspension from the league.

ABOUT THE PENGUINS: Crosby reached the 20-point plateau (nine goals, 11 assists) in the playoffs for the franchise-best fourth time in his career and pushed his overall point total to 184 with his second-period power-play goal in Game 5. The two-time reigning Conn Smythe Trophy winner would pull even with Hall of Famer Steve Yzerman for 10th place all-time with another point on Monday. Linemate Jake Guentzel (team-leading 21 points) saw his eight-game point streak end on Saturday, a postseason stretch that was the NHL's longest since Los Angeles' Anze Kopitar's 10-game run in 2014.
Video: All Access | Just Keep Believing

OVERTIME

1. Washington's John Carlson scored his third power-play goal late in the first period on Saturday to become the first defenseman to reach double digits in power-play points since Nicklas Lidstrom and Sergei Gonchar in 2009.

2. Pittsburgh is 5-for-13 with the man advantage in the last three contests after going 0-for-11 in the previous four dating back to Game 6 of the first-round series versus Philadelphia.

3. Wilson will serve the final contest of his three-game suspension on Monday for his illegal check to the head of Zach Aston-Reese.

PREDICTION: Penguins 4, Capitals 1

Can'tPickAWinner
Nashville Predators vs. Winnipeg Jets Preview and Predictions 05-07-2018

The Winnipeg Jets stand one victory away from the Western Conference finals and have two shots to knock out the Nashville Predators, starting with Monday's Game 6 at home after yet another offensive explosion in Saturday's 6-2 road triumph. The Jets, who were stymied in a frustrating Game 4 loss on home ice, broke loose to take a 3-2 series lead as the top line of Blake Wheeler, Mark Scheifele and Kyle Connor combined for three goals and eight points.

Wheeler told reporters Sunday after the Jets returned to Winnipeg that knocking out the Predators - who took Pittsburgh to Game 6 of the Stanley Cup Finals last June - will not be easy, while adding: "What we're focused on is what's given us success all year long, that's just finding a way to win one hockey game." Nashville got the start it wanted in Game 5, dominating play for most of the first period, but could not score in the opening frame before the Jets netted four goals in the middle period. The loss dropped the Predators to 1-2 on home ice in the series, but Nashville coach Peter Laviolette's team already has won one game in Winnipeg this series and must do so again to extend its season. "This group's been built for a game like the one that's coming up," Laviolette told reporters after Saturday's loss. "I've got a tremendous amount of confidence. I believe in them."
TV: 9:30 p.m. ET, NBC Sports Network, CBC, TVA

ABOUT THE PREDATORS: Nashville will look to repeat the recipe that led to a 2-1 victory at Winnipeg in Game 4 - get an early lead and then dominate the neutral zone. Goaltender Pekka Rinne served up another subpar performance, allowing three goals in a 4:31 span of the second period to turn a 1-1 game into a 4-1 deficit, and after two goals early in the third was pulled again in favor of Juuse Saros. Some of Nashville's key players struggled in Game 5, including Victor Arvidsson and Austin Watson, who both finished minus-3.

ABOUT THE JETS: Connor set a franchise record for most points in a playoff game by a rookie, scoring his first two goals of the postseason in the pivotal second-period stretch, and assisted on Scheifele's goal 28 seconds into the third period. Goaltender Connor Hellebuyck made 38 saves on the night, and a determined defense which blocked 16 shots survived a 20-shot onslaught by Nashville in the third period. Forward Mathieu Perreault, who had missed the past eight games with an injury, scored a goal in his return and gave the Jets a much-needed boost.
Video: Connor’s three-point night leads Jets to Game 5 win

OVERTIME

1. Nashville C Ryan Johansen scored his fifth goal of the playoffs in Game 5, and with 11 points is one behind F Filip Forsberg for the team lead.

2. Scheifele scored his ninth goal in 10 postseason games Saturday and leads the Jets with 14 points, one ahead of Wheeler.

3. Nashville D P.K. Subban told reporters he expects a Game 7, saying, "We had to go to Winnipeg anyway, so we are going to go there and win a game and come back here."

PREDICTION: Jets 4, Predators 3

Can'tPickAWinner
San Francisco Giants vs. Philadelphia Phillies Preview and Predictions 05-07-2018

the san francisco giants are on their longest winning streak of the season and will go for their fifth consecutive victory when they visit the philadelphia phillies on monday night. it is the opener of a four-game series for the teams and comes after san francisco completed a three-game sweep of national league east-leading atlanta over the weekend.

san francisco has piled up 33 runs over its past four wins and outscored the braves 24-9 in its first sweep in atlanta since 2014. giants starter jeff samardzija has a nightmarish history against the phillies, owning an 8.18 era against them overall and a 15.43 mark in four appearances at citizens bank park. philadelphia suffered its fourth straight series loss when closer hector neris (1-2) walked in the tying run before giving up the game-winning single in the ninth inning of a 5-4 loss at washington on sunday. maikel franco is 7-for-15 with two homers and three doubles during a four-game rbi and hitting streak for the phillies.
tv: 7:05 p.m. et, nbcs bay area (san francisco), nbcs philadelphia
pitching matchup: giants rh jeff samardzija (1-1, 5.27 era) vs. phillies rh zach eflin (0-0, 1.50)

samardzija has sandwiched two solid outings around a dud, allowing two runs on five hits over five innings in a no-decision against san diego last time out. the 33-year-old was knocked around for six runs in 3 2/3 innings in a loss versus washington on april 25 after tossing five scoreless innings at the los angeles angels in his season debut. carlos santana is hitless in seven at-bats against samardzija.
elfin had a no-decision in a strong season debut last time out, taking a perfect game into the sixth inning and permitting one run on three hits over six frames. he made 11 starts in each of his first two seasons, posting a 4-10 record overall and surrendering 28 home runs in only 127 2/3 innings. red-hot brandon crawford is 4-for-8 with two homers off elfin, who is 0-1 with a 6.75 era versus the giants.

walk-offs

1. crawford has multiple hits in four straight contests, going 10-for-18 with seven rbis, to extend his overall hitting streak to five games.
2. phillies cf odubel herrera, who had three hits sunday, is batting .386 at home.

3. giants rf andrew mccutchen has hit safely in six straight games.

prediction: phillies 5, giants 4

Can'tPickAWinner
New York Mets vs. Cincinnati Reds Preview and Predictions 05-07-2018

the losses are piling up for the skidding new york mets - both on and off the field. with another injury to a key player to cap off a wretched homestand that dropped the team into third place in the national league east, the mets hit the road for a six-game road trip beginning with the first of three against the cincinnati reds on monday night.

outfielder yoenis cespedes left sunday's 3-2 loss to colorado due to soreness in his right quadriceps and told reporters he was unsure of his availability for the series opener in cincinnati. jacob degrom was expected to start monday for new york but was placed on the 10-day disabled list to allowed more time to rest his hyperextended elbow. the mets were outscored 34-11 during a disastrous 0-6 homestand and have dropped 14 of their last 20 after a blistering 11-1 start to the season. joey votto homered among four hits and drove in four runs in sunday's 8-5 loss to miami, which kept cincinnati tied with baltimore for the worst record in the majors at 8-26.
tv: 7:10 p.m. et, sny (new york), fs ohio (cincinnati)
pitching matchup: mets lh p.j. conlon (nr) vs. reds rh homer bailey (0-4, 4.81 era)

conlon was recalled from triple-a las vegas to make his major league debut and he'll also go into the history books, becoming the first irish-born player to reach the bigs since 1945. with degrom expected to start sunday at philadelphia, it figures to be a one-game audition for conlon, who is 1-2 with a 6.75 era in five starts this season. he has allowed only one homer but opponents are batting .310 against him.
bailey endured some hard-luck losses at the outset of the season after registering three quality starts in his first four outings, but he has regressed over the past two weeks. after a pair of no-decisions, he was tagged for five runs on six hits over five innings in a loss to milwaukee on tuesday. bailey, who has surrendered six homers over his last three starts, is 1-4 with a 6.49 era lifetime versus new york.

walk-offs

1. new york was held to two runs or fewer five times on the winless homestand, including three shutouts.
2. votto was 7-for-13 with a homer and three doubles in the three-game series versus miami.

3. mets ss asdrubal cabrera has hit safely in four straight games and eight of nine.

prediction: reds 5, mets 3

Can'tPickAWinner
Detroit Tigers vs. Texas Rangers Preview and Predictions 05-07-2018

the texas rangers' bats went silent over the weekend as they dropped three straight to finish a four-game series with the visiting boston red sox. they will try to put a few more runs on the board and shake out of a season-long funk at home when they open a three-game set against the visiting detroit tigers on monday.

after beginning the series with the red sox with an 11-5 win, texas produced a total of seven runs from friday through sunday and its lineup recorded 14 strikeouts in a 6-1 loss in the finale. the three straight losses gives the rangers a 5-15 mark at home, where it has lost its first six series to begin a season for the first time. the tigers also managed seven total runs over their last three contests and finished a four-game set at kansas city with a 4-2 setback sunday afternoon. they are 3-3 in starts made by right-hander michael fulmer, who gets the nod in the series opener opposite veteran left-hander matt moore for texas.
tv: 8:05 p.m. et, fs detroit, fs southwest (texas)
pitching matchup: tigers rh michael fulmer (1-2, 2.80 era) vs. rangers lh matt moore (1-4, 7.67)

since giving up nine runs in three innings at the cleveland indians on april 12, fulmer has turned in three straight quality starts while posting an era of 1.89. he did not factor in the decision after giving up two runs in six solid innings against the tampa bay rays at home on wednesday. the former first-round pick is 1-1 with a 3.21 mark in two career starts against the rangers, both of which took place at texas.
moore posted a 3.18 era over his final three starts in april - as well as a scoreless inning of relief - but was rocked in his first outing this month. the 28-year-old gave up 10 runs on 11 hits in just four innings against the indians, serving up three home runs after allowing only one over his first six appearances this season. moore has not faced the tigers since june 4, 2013, when he was pounded for six runs in two frames.

walk-offs

1. tigers 3b jeimer candelario (thumb) did not play sunday and rf nicholas castellanos (flu-like symptoms) did not start.
2. rangers rookie 1b ronald guzman is 1-for-19 with 12 strikeouts over his last six contests.

3. detroit c/1b john hicks is 9-for-20 with a home run and two doubles during a five-game hitting streak.

prediction: tigers 5, rangers 3

Can'tPickAWinner
05-07-2018, 10:57 AM
Miami Marlins vs. Chicago Cubs Preview and Predictions 05-07-2018

7th May 2018 by Gracenote
the miami marlins have won four consecutive series after a rough start to the season and look to continue moving in a positive direction when they visit the slumping chicago cubs on monday for the opener of their three-game set. j.t. realmuto reached base four times and starlin castro knocked in three runs for the second straight game as the marlins outlasted cincinnati 8-5 on sunday, improving to 8-3 in their last 11 contests after a 5-17 start.

"we talked early in the year about how i thought we were playing pretty good," miami manager don mattingly told reporters. "we were playing close games and finding ways to lose. now, we're finding ways to win. to get back into it, we have to do it like this - winning two out of three (in a series)." jarlin garcia looks to continue his strong start to the season when he takes the mound in the series opener against kyle hendricks, who is 2-1 with a 1.35 era in five career games against the marlins. the cubs have dropped a season-high five straight games after losing on a walk-off home run for the second straight day on sunday as rival st. louis posted a 4-3 victory. javier baez homered for the second straight contest to give chicago the lead in the 14th inning before former cub dexter fowler delivered a two-run shot in the bottom half to end it.

tv: 8:05 p.m. et, fs florida (miami), nbcs chicago
pitching matchup: marlins lh jarlin garcia (1-0, 1.09 era) vs. cubs rh kyle hendricks (2-2, 3.19)
garcia has strung together four consecutive outstanding starts but has just one win to show for it despite allowing two runs and 10 hits over 23 innings in that span. the 25-year-old dominican gave up one run and five hits with three strikeouts across six innings in a no-decision on tuesday against philadelphia. garcia limited the cubs to one hit over six scoreless frames of relief during his season debut on march 30 as miami posted a 2-1 victory in 17 innings.
hendricks registered his fourth quality start in six outings on tuesday but came away with the loss after permitting three runs on four hits and two walks in 7 2/3 innings against colorado. the 28-year-old dartmouth product served up three homers in that setback, and opponents have gone deep against him eight times in 36 2/3 frames this season. castro is 3-for-6 lifetime versus hendricks, who held miami to one run on four hits and three walks over six innings in a no-decision on march 30.
walk-offs

1. chicago 3b kris bryant has hit safely in six straight games after homering on sunday but is just 6-for-37 over his last 10 contests.
2. realmuto, who went 2-for-4 on sunday, has hit safely in 14 of his 16 games this season.

3. the teams split a four-game series in miami to open the season, playing a total of 36 innings in the last three contests.

prediction: cubs 5, marlins 2

Can'tPickAWinner
Minnesota Twins vs. St. Louis Cardinals Preview and Predictions 05-07-2018

7th May 2018 by Gracenote
less than 19 hours after extending their winning streak in dramatic fashion, the st. louis cardinals vie for their sixth straight victory when they host the minnesota twins on monday for the opener of their two-game interleague series. st. louis was down to its last strike in the 14th inning late sunday night when dexter fowler launched a two-run homer to give the club a 4-3 triumph over the chicago cubs.

kolten wong recorded three hits and an rbi while jedd gyorko went 2-for-5 with a solo homer as the cardinals posted their second straight walk-off victory in extra innings. minnesota seeks a season-high fourth consecutive victory after winning the final three contests of its four-game series against the white sox in chicago. max kepler snapped a tie with an rbi ground out in the eighth inning and eddie rosario belted a solo homer in the ninth to give the twins a 5-3 triumph on sunday - their fourth victory in five games following a stretch during which they lost 11 of 12. logan morrison delivered a two-run double on sunday to finish the series 5-for-16 with two homers and five rbis.
tv: 8:10 p.m. et, espn, fs north (minnesota), fs midwest (st. louis)
pitching matchup: twins rh fernando romero (1-0, 0.00 era) vs. cardinals rh john gant (1-0, 0.00)

romero was impressive in his major-league debut on wednesday, scattering four hits over 5 2/3 scoreless innings to earn the win against toronto. the 23-year-old dominican registered five strikeouts while issuing three walks and hitting a batter after being recalled from triple-a rochester earlier in the day. romero made three starts and a relief appearance for the red wings, going 0-1 with a 2.57 era and 20 strikeouts in 21 frames.
gant will be recalled from triple-a memphis to start in place of the injured adam wainwright after making his season debut in relief on april 26, when he notched the victory after recording one strikeout in three perfect innings against the new york mets. the 25-year-old georgian has made nine starts in the major leagues - including two among seven overall appearances with the cardinals last season when he went 0-1 with a 4.67 era. gant has been superb for the redbirds this year, going 4-0 with a 2.40 era in five starts.
walk-offs

1. rosario is riding a six-game hitting streak during which he is 13-for-30 with four homers and 12 rbis.

2. the cardinals placed c yadier molina (pelvis), who is expected to miss at least one month, and rhp dominic leone (arm) on the 10-day disabled list on sunday and recalled c carson kelly and rhp mike mayers from triple-a memphis.
3. minnesota inf eduardo escobar has gone 5-for-12 with two homers and four rbis over his last three contests.

prediction: cardinals 5, twins 3

Can'tPickAWinner
Houston Astros vs. Oakland Athletics Preview and Predictions 05-07-2018

dallas keuchel and the houston astros hope to snap out of a slump when they visit the improving oakland athletics on monday for the opener of the three-game series between the american league west rivals. the 2015 al cy young award winner, keuchel has started the season with just one win in six decisions, and the astros have matched that record over their last six contests after suffering a 3-1 setback at arizona on sunday.

houston leads the league in the fewest runs allowed (103) but has scored fewer than two in three of its last six contests, although yuli gurriel was able to extend his hitting streak to eight games (12-for-32) on sunday. keuchel, who gave up six runs and seven hits - three homers - over seven innings in a loss to oakland on april 27, will oppose brett anderson in the series opener. the athletics, who finished last in the al west in 2017, are 18-16 and can match their season-high four-game winning streak on monday. jed lowrie, who leads the major leagues with 48 hits and is riding a six-game streak during which he has gone 10-for-25, should be back in the lineup after being rested on sunday.
tv: 10:05 p.m. et, at&t sportsnet-southwest (houston), nbcs california (oakland)
pitching matchup: astros lh dallas keuchel (1-5, 3.98 era) vs. athletics lh brett anderson (0-0, 2.84)

keuchel has posted quality starts in three of his last four outings but received two runs of support in three losses during that stretch. the 30-year-old arkansas product limited the new york yankees to three runs and six hits over seven innings in a 4-0 loss on wednesday and has not issued a walk in his last two starts. matt chapman is 4-for-7 with two doubles and a pair of homers versus keuchel, who is 5-5 with a 2.88 era in 19 career appearances (17 starts) against oakland.
anderson makes his second start since being recalled from triple-a nashville after allowing two runs on five hits and one walk with four strikeouts in 6 1/3 innings of a no-decision wednesday at seattle. the 30-year-old texan made 13 starts last season with toronto and the chicago cubs, going 4-4 with a 6.34 era. josh reddick (3-for-3) and jake marisnick (2-for-2) have homered against anderson, who is 1-1 with a 2.40 era in three career games (two starts) versus houston.
walk-offs

1. oakland c jonathan lucroy is 6-for-13 during his four-game hitting streak and has belted nine homers in 54 career contests versus houston.

2. houston 3b alex bregman homered on sunday and has hit safely in five consecutive games (5-for-18).
3. the astros took two of three from the athletics at home from april 27-29 and went 25-13 against oakland over the previous two seasons.

prediction: astros 6, athletics 3

Can'tPickAWinner
Washington Nationals vs. San Diego Padres Preview and Predictions 05-07-2018

a simple shakeup of the batting order has done wonders for the washington nationals, who begin a three-game series against the host san diego padres on monday. the nationals have gone 5-1 and averaged 6.2 runs per game since manager dave martinez moved star bryce harper into the leadoff spot on tuesday.

wilmer difo delivered a walk-off rbi single with the bases loaded in the ninth inning on sunday to give the nationals a 5-4 win over philadelphia. matt adams homered for the fifth time in six games as he started at first base in place of ryan zimmerman, who has missed two games with back soreness but hopes to return monday as washington begins a seven-day road trip that concludes against national league west-leading arizona. the nationals first need to be careful not to overlook san diego, which was the victim of a no-hitter by the los angeles dodgers on friday but responded with back-to-back wins to close the series in monterrey, mexico. eric hosmer belted his fifth homer in sunday's 3-0 victory, but christian villanueva went 0-for-4 and is hitless in his last 19 at-bats.
tv: 10:10 p.m. et, masn (washington), fs san diego
pitching matchup: nationals rh stephen strasburg (3-3, 3.47 era) vs. padres rh tyson ross (2-2, 3.28)

strasburg snapped a two-game skid with a strong outing against pittsburgh on wednesday, when he allowed three runs - two earned - over seven innings while recording 11 strikeouts. the native of san diego is 6-2 with a 2.94 era in eight career turns against the padres. freddy galvis is 4-for-26 with eight strikeouts against the 29-year-old strasburg, who starred at san diego state and owns a 2-1 record and 2.84 era in three career starts at petco park.
ross settled for a no-decision against san francisco on tuesday despite giving up just one run with nine strikeouts over six frames. the 31-year-old has been a pleasant surprise for the padres with 40 strikeouts against 13 walks and two home runs allowed over 35 2/3 frames in six starts. adams has registered four hits in seven at-bats against ross, who is 2-1 with a 4.76 era in six career games (three starts) versus washington.
walk-offs

1. adams is 14-for-34 with six home runs and 14 rbis in his last 10 games.

2. san diego is 11-1 when opening the scoring but 2-21 when its opponent gets on the board first.

3. difo has reached base safely in 15 of his last 23 plate appearances.

prediction: nationals 5, padres 2

Can'tPickAWinner
05-07-2018, 10:58 AM
Mike Wynn

Free Play: Free Detroit w/Fulmer -125 Over Texas

Can'tPickAWinner
05-07-2018, 12:21 PM
Free Selection from Jim Feist

Jim Feist's Comp Pick, Monday, May 7, 2018

5/07 07:10 PM PT / 10:10 PM ET

MLB (957) WASHINGTON NATIONALS VS (958) SAN DIEGO PADRES

Take: (957) WASHINGTON NATIONALS

Reason: Your free play for Monday, May 7, 2018 is in the MLB scheduled contest between the Washington Nationals and the San Diego Padres. Your free play is on the NATIONALS!

Can'tPickAWinner
05-07-2018, 12:21 PM
Jeff Allen Sports

Monday's Free Selection is on the Houston Astros

Can'tPickAWinner
05-07-2018, 12:22 PM
Razor Sharp

YOUR RAZOR SHARP FREE PICK FOR MONDAY: Take HOUSTON/OAKLAND UNDER the total of 8½ runs

Can'tPickAWinner
05-07-2018, 12:22 PM
Totals4U

Monday's Free Selection: Washington/San Diego over 7

Can'tPickAWinner
05-07-2018, 12:23 PM
John Anthony Sports

Monday's Free Selection: Chicago Cubs - 235

Can'tPickAWinner
05-07-2018, 12:36 PM
Atlantic Sports

Monday's Free Selection from Atlantic Sports: Washington Capitols + 180

Can'tPickAWinner
#1 Sports

Monday's Free Selection: Chicago Cubs - 235

Can'tPickAWinner
Easy Money Sports

Lee's Free Monday Selection Is

San Francisco w/Samardzija -105

Can'tPickAWinner
05-07-2018, 12:37 PM
Nevada Sharpshooter

Your free winner for Monday: Take WASHINGTON (Strasburg) -155 over San Diego

Can'tPickAWinner
05-07-2018, 12:43 PM
Huddle Up Sports

Free Play: Detroit Fulmer -114

Can'tPickAWinner
05-07-2018, 12:43 PM
Hawkeye Sports

Monday's Free Pick: Nashville + 140

Can'tPickAWinner
05-07-2018, 12:44 PM
Golden Dragon Sports

Free Pick Detroit Fulmer -114

Can'tPickAWinner
05-07-2018, 12:44 PM
Arthur Ralph Sports

FREE play: MON SL Cards w/ Gant-140

Can'tPickAWinner
05-07-2018, 12:45 PM
Teyas Sports

FREE PICK 5/7 MLB REDS -105

Can'tPickAWinner
Platinum Plays

Free Pick the Detroit Tigers w/Fulmer -125 over Texas

Can'tPickAWinner
The Vegas Steam Line

Your free winner for Monday: Take ST LOUIS (Gant) -140 over Minnesota

Can'tPickAWinner
05-07-2018, 12:46 PM
High Stakes Syndicate

Free Selection for Monday: Washington Nationals - 160

Can'tPickAWinner
05-07-2018, 12:46 PM
Free Selection from Kenny Towers

Un 6 Nsh/Win - NHL

Can'tPickAWinner
05-07-2018, 05:37 PM
MLB
Dunkel

Monday, May 7

San Francisco @ Philadelphia

Game 951-952
May 7, 2018 @ 7:05 pm

Dunkel Rating:
San Francisco
(Smrdzja) 16.920
Philadelphia
(Eflin) 15.561
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
San Francisco
by 1 1/2
Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
Philadelphia
Dunkel Pick:
San Francisco
(-110); Under

NY Mets @ Cincinnati

Game 953-954
May 7, 2018 @ 7:10 pm

Dunkel Rating:
NY Mets
(Conlon) 14.753
Cincinnati
(Bailey) 13.289
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
NY Mets
by 1 1/2
Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
NY Mets
9 1/2
Dunkel Pick:
NY Mets
(-115); Over

Miami @ Chicago Cubs

Game 955-956
May 7, 2018 @ 8:05 pm

Dunkel Rating:
Miami
(Garcia) 13.810
Chicago Cubs
(Hendrcks) 14.833
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
Chicago Cubs
by 1
Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
Chicago Cubs
No Total
Dunkel Pick:
Chicago Cubs
(-240); N/A

Washington @ San Diego

Game 957-958
May 7, 2018 @ 10:10 pm

Dunkel Rating:
Washington
(Strsbrg) 15.225
San Diego
(Ross) 16.315
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
San Diego
by 1
Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
Washington
Dunkel Pick:
San Diego
(+145); Over

Detroit @ Texas

Game 959-960
May 7, 2018 @ 8:05 pm

Dunkel Rating:
Detroit
(Fulmer) 14.303
Texas
(Moore) 15.108
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
Texas
by 1
Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
Detroit
9 1/2
Dunkel Pick:
Texas
(+105); Over

Houston @ Oakland

Game 961-962
May 7, 2018 @ 10:05 pm

Dunkel Rating:
Houston
(Keuchel) 15.631
Oakland
(Andrson) 16.702
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
Oakland
by 1
Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
Houston
8 1/2
Dunkel Pick:
Oakland
(+130); Over

Minnesota @ St. Louis

Game 963-964
May 7, 2018 @ 8:10 pm

Dunkel Rating:
Minnesota
(Romero) 14.621
St. Louis
(Gant) 15.710
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
St. Louis
by 1
Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
St. Louis
8 1/2
Dunkel Pick:
St. Louis
(-135); Under

Can'tPickAWinner
05-07-2018, 05:38 PM
MLB
Long Sheet

Monday, May 7

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SAN FRANCISCO (19 - 15) at PHILADELPHIA (18 - 15) - 7:05 PM
JEFF SAMARDZIJA (R) vs. ZACH EFLIN (R)
Top Trends for this game.
SAN FRANCISCO is 35-63 (-23.1 Units) against the money line in road games over the last 2 seasons.
SAN FRANCISCO is 54-76 (-26.9 Units) against the money line against right-handed starters over the last 2 seasons.
SAMARDZIJA is 84-115 (-39.5 Units) against the money line in all games since 1997. (Team's Record)
SAMARDZIJA is 34-50 (-24.2 Units) against the money line after a win since 1997. (Team's Record)
SAMARDZIJA is 35-64 (-26.2 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a winning record since 1997. (Team's Record)
SAN FRANCISCO is 19-15 (+8.1 Units) against the money line in all games this season.
SAN FRANCISCO is 224-205 (+33.7 Units) against the money line on the road when the total is 9 to 9.5 since 1997.
SAN FRANCISCO is 208-157 (+41.8 Units) against the money line when playing on Monday since 1997.
SAN FRANCISCO is 1185-1035 (+84.6 Units) against the money line in night games since 1997.
PHILADELPHIA is 8-25 (-15.9 Units) against the money line in May games over the last 2 seasons.
PHILADELPHIA is 55-87 (-26.3 Units) against the money line against right-handed starters over the last 2 seasons.

Head-to-Head Series History
There were no past matchups in this series during this time period.

JEFF SAMARDZIJA vs. PHILADELPHIA since 1997
SAMARDZIJA is 1-3 when starting against PHILADELPHIA with an ERA of 9.23 and a WHIP of 1.785.
His team's record is 1-4 (-3.7 units) in these starts. The UNDER is 1-4. (-3.5 units)

ZACH EFLIN vs. SAN FRANCISCO since 1997
EFLIN is 0-1 when starting against SAN FRANCISCO with an ERA of 6.75 and a WHIP of 1.438.
His team's record is 1-2 (+0.3 units) in these starts. The OVER is 3-0. (+3.0 units)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NY METS (17 - 15) at CINCINNATI (8 - 26) - 7:10 PM
P.J. CONLON (L) vs. HOMER BAILEY (R)
NY METS are 87-107 (-30.5 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons.
NY METS are 0-6 (-9.0 Units) against the money line in May games this season.
NY METS are 67-80 (-22.3 Units) against the money line against right-handed starters over the last 2 seasons.
NY METS are 438-454 (+34.3 Units) against the money line in road games after a loss since 1997.
CINCINNATI is 8-26 (-17.2 Units) against the money line in all games this season.
CINCINNATI is 3-14 (-10.7 Units) against the money line when the total is 9 to 9.5 this season.
CINCINNATI is 4-14 (-10.2 Units) against the money line in home games this season.
CINCINNATI is 1-11 (-10.5 Units) against the money line at home when the total is 9 to 9.5 this season.
CINCINNATI is 11-34 (-21.1 Units) against the money line against left-handed starters over the last 2 seasons.

P.J. CONLON vs. CINCINNATI since 1997
No recent starts.

HOMER BAILEY vs. NY METS since 1997
BAILEY is 1-4 when starting against NY METS with an ERA of 6.49 and a WHIP of 1.615.
His team's record is 2-4 (-3.5 units) in these starts. The UNDER is 3-3. (-0.5 units)

MIAMI (13 - 20) at CHICAGO CUBS (16 - 15) - 8:05 PM
JARLIN GARCIA (L) vs. KYLE HENDRICKS (R)
CHICAGO CUBS are 112-91 (-19.7 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons.
CHICAGO CUBS are 914-829 (-161.3 Units) against the money line in home games since 1997.
CHICAGO CUBS are 12-21 (-17.1 Units) against the money line in May games over the last 2 seasons.
CHICAGO CUBS are 831-778 (-160.0 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a losing record since 1997.

MIAMI is 2-2 (+1.7 Units) against CHICAGO CUBS this season
2 of 4 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL this season . (Over=-0.1 Units, Under=-0.1 Units)

JARLIN GARCIA vs. CHICAGO CUBS since 1997
No recent starts.

KYLE HENDRICKS vs. MIAMI since 1997
HENDRICKS is 2-1 when starting against MIAMI with an ERA of 1.35 and a WHIP of 1.110.
His team's record is 3-2 (+0.0 units) in these starts. The UNDER is 4-1. (+3.0 units)

WASHINGTON (18 - 17) at SAN DIEGO (13 - 22) - 10:10 PM
STEPHEN STRASBURG (R) vs. TYSON ROSS (R)
SAN DIEGO is 38-32 (+10.2 Units) against the money line in home games in night games over the last 2 seasons.
WASHINGTON is 59-39 (+14.9 Units) against the money line in road games over the last 2 seasons.
WASHINGTON is 10-1 (+9.5 Units) against the money line on the road when the total is 7 or less over the last 2 seasons.
WASHINGTON is 37-21 (+14.1 Units) against the money line in road games after a win over the last 2 seasons.
STRASBURG is 45-16 (+17.3 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
STRASBURG is 21-6 (+12.6 Units) against the money line in road games over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
STRASBURG is 12-0 (+12.0 Units) against the money line in May games over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)

STEPHEN STRASBURG vs. SAN DIEGO since 1997
STRASBURG is 6-2 when starting against SAN DIEGO with an ERA of 2.94 and a WHIP of 1.041.
His team's record is 6-2 (+2.4 units) in these starts. The OVER is 6-2. (+4.0 units)

TYSON ROSS vs. WASHINGTON since 1997
ROSS is 2-1 when starting against WASHINGTON with an ERA of 5.94 and a WHIP of 1.441.
His team's record is 2-1 (+1.1 units) in these starts. The OVER is 2-1. (+0.9 units)

DETROIT (14 - 19) at TEXAS (13 - 23) - 8:05 PM
MICHAEL FULMER (R) vs. MATT MOORE (L)
DETROIT is 78-117 (-34.7 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons.
DETROIT is 31-53 (-21.5 Units) against the money line when the total is 9 to 9.5 over the last 2 seasons.
DETROIT is 335-425 (-94.0 Units) against the money line on the road when the money line is +125 to -125 since 1997.
DETROIT is 41-79 (-34.9 Units) against the money line in night games over the last 2 seasons.
DETROIT is 38-58 (-20.4 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a losing record over the last 2 seasons.
TEXAS is 186-177 (+20.9 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 3 seasons.
TEXAS is 85-68 (+26.8 Units) against the money line when the total is 9 to 9.5 over the last 3 seasons.
TEXAS is 138-121 (+26.2 Units) against the money line in night games over the last 3 seasons.
TEXAS is 2-10 (-9.2 Units) against the money line in home games when playing on Monday over the last 2 seasons.
MOORE is 11-26 (-15.5 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
MOORE is 5-19 (-13.9 Units) against the money line in night games over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)

MICHAEL FULMER vs. TEXAS since 1997
FULMER is 1-1 when starting against TEXAS with an ERA of 3.21 and a WHIP of 1.000.
His team's record is 1-1 (+0.3 units) in these starts. The OVER is 0-2. (-2.3 units)

MATT MOORE vs. DETROIT since 1997
MOORE is 0-1 when starting against DETROIT with an ERA of 8.30 and a WHIP of 2.537.
His team's record is 0-2 (-2.1 units) in these starts. The UNDER is 1-1. (-0.3 units)

HOUSTON (21 - 15) at OAKLAND (18 - 16) - 10:05 PM
DALLAS KEUCHEL (L) vs. BRETT ANDERSON (L)
OAKLAND is 57-41 (+18.0 Units) against the money line in home games over the last 2 seasons.
OAKLAND is 32-19 (+16.5 Units) against the money line in home games after a win over the last 2 seasons.
HOUSTON is 67-40 (+15.1 Units) against the money line in road games over the last 2 seasons.
HOUSTON is 32-13 (+14.5 Units) against the money line in road games against division opponents over the last 2 seasons.
KEUCHEL is 11-2 (+13.6 Units) against the money line in road games in May games since 1997. (Team's Record)
ANDERSON is 38-50 (-21.9 Units) against the money line in night games since 1997. (Team's Record)

HOUSTON is 2-1 (+0.5 Units) against OAKLAND this season
2 of 2 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL this season . (Over=+2.1 Units)

DALLAS KEUCHEL vs. OAKLAND since 1997
KEUCHEL is 5-5 when starting against OAKLAND with an ERA of 2.88 and a WHIP of 1.158.
His team's record is 10-7 (+2.1 units) in these starts. The OVER is 7-9. (-2.6 units)

BRETT ANDERSON vs. HOUSTON since 1997
ANDERSON is 1-1 when starting against HOUSTON with an ERA of 2.25 and a WHIP of 1.167.
His team's record is 1-1 (+0.0 units) in these starts. The OVER is 1-1. (+0.1 units)

MINNESOTA (13 - 17) at ST LOUIS (20 - 12) - 8:10 PM
FERNANDO ROMERO (R) vs. JOHN GANT (R)
MINNESOTA is 98-95 (+5.7 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons.
MINNESOTA is 50-48 (+10.3 Units) against the money line in road games over the last 2 seasons.
MINNESOTA is 10-2 (+9.4 Units) against the money line in road games in May games over the last 2 seasons.
MINNESOTA is 65-56 (+11.1 Units) against the money line in night games over the last 2 seasons.
MINNESOTA is 40-32 (+15.0 Units) against the money line in road games against right-handed starters over the last 2 seasons.
MINNESOTA is 41-38 (+16.3 Units) against the money line in road games after a win over the last 3 seasons.
ST LOUIS is 94-85 (-25.0 Units) against the money line in home games over the last 3 seasons.
ST LOUIS is 8-14 (-12.0 Units) against the money line in home games in an inter-league game over the last 3 seasons.
ST LOUIS is 58-61 (-27.4 Units) against the money line in home games in night games over the last 3 seasons.
ST LOUIS is 43-48 (-26.2 Units) against the money line in home games after a win over the last 3 seasons.

FERNANDO ROMERO vs. ST LOUIS since 1997
No recent starts.

JOHN GANT vs. MINNESOTA since 1997
No recent starts.

Can'tPickAWinner
05-07-2018, 05:38 PM
MLB

Monday, May 7

National League
Giants (19-15) @ Phillies (18-15)
Samardzija is 1-1, 5.27 in three starts this year (over 2-0-1). Team in his starts: 2-1
5-inning record: 2-0-1. Allowed run in 1st inning: 1-3

Eflin allowed one run in six IP (72 PT) in his first ’18 start. Team in his starts: 0-1
5-inning record: 1-0. Allowed run in 1st inning: 0-1

San Francisco won seven of its last eight games; they’re 8-3 in series openers. Over is 8-3 in their last 11 games. Phillies lost six of their last eight games; over is 8-4 in their last 12 games. Philly is 4-1 in home series openers.

Mets (17-15) @ Reds (8-26)
Conlon is making his first MLB start; he is 1-2, 6.75 in five AAA starts this year. He was 8-9, 3.38 in 22 AA starts LY. Team in his starts: 0-0
5-inning record: 0-0. Allowed run in 1st inning: 0-0

Bailey is 0-2, 5.96 in his last four starts (under 5-2). Team in his starts: 0-7
5-inning record: 1-5-1. Allowed run in 1st inning: 3-7

Mets lost five of their last six games; they’re 4-1 in road series openers. Over is 9-4-2 in their last 15 games. Cincinnati lost seven of its last eight home games; over is 9-4-1 in their last 14 games.

Marlins (13-20) @ Cubs (16-15)
Garcia is 1-0, 0.78 in four starts this year (under 3-1). Team in his starts: 2-2
5-inning record: 2-2 Allowed run in 1st inning: 0-4

Hendricks is 2-1, 2.75 in his last three starts (under 4-1-1). Team in his starts: 2-4
5-inning record: 1-3-2. Allowed run in 1st inning: 3-6

Miami is 8-3 in its last 11 games, but 2-9 in series openers, 0-5 on road. Under is 10-3 in their last 13 games. Cubs lost their last five games; under is 6-1 in their last seven home games.

Nationals (18-17) @ Padres (13-22)
San Diego State alum Strasburg is 1-2, 4.79 in his last four starts (over 5-2). Team in his starts: 3-4
5-inning record: 5-2 Allowed run in 1st inning: 1-7

Ross is 1-1, 2.66 in his last four starts; his last five starts stayed under. Team in his starts: 3-3
5-inning record: 3-3. Allowed run in 1st inning: 0-6

Nationals won seven of their last eight games; they’re 4-1 in road series openers. Under is 4-1 in their last five road games. San Diego is 3-2 in its last five games, but 1-5 in last six at home; they’re 0-5 in home series openers. Over is 7-1 in their last eight home games.

American League
Tigers (14-19) @ Rangers (13-23)
Fulmer is 0-0, 1.89 in his last three starts (under 5-1). Team in his starts: 3-3
5-inning record: 2-3-1. Allowed run in 1st inning: 3-6

Moore is 0-1, 13.00 in his last two starts (over 5-1). Team in his starts: 1-5
5-inning record: 1-4-1 Allowed run in 1st inning: 1-6

Tigers lost seven of their last nine road games; under is 5-2 in their last seven. Texas lost six of its last eight games; they’re 2-9 in series openers. Over is 7-2-1 in their last ten games.

Astros (21-15) @ A’s (18-16)
Keuchel is 1-4, 4.22 in his last five starts (under 5-2). Team in his starts: 2-5
5-inning record: 1-4-2. Allowed run in 1st inning: 3-7

Anderson allowed two runs in 6.1 IP (80 PT) in his first ’18 start. Team in his starts: 1-0
5-inning record: 0-1 Allowed run in 1st inning: 0-1

Astros lost five of their last six games; they’re 4-1 in road series openers. Under is 5-1-1 in their last seven games. Oakland won eight of its last nine home games; they’re 4-1 in home series openers. Four of their last five games stayed under.

Interleague
Twins (13-17) @ Cardinals (20-12)
Romero blanked Toronto for 5.2 IP (97 PT) in his first MLB start. Team in his starts: 1-0
5-inning record: 1-0 Allowed run in 1st inning: 0-1

Gant is making his first ’18 start; he made nine MLB starts in 2016-17. He is 4-0, 2.40 in five AAA starts this season. Team in his starts: 0-0
5-inning record: 0-0. Allowed run in 1st inning: 0-0.

Twins won their last three games; they’re 2-9 in series openers, 0-6 on road. Over is 9-2 in their last 11 road games. St Louis won four of its last five games; over is 13-4 in their last 17 games. Cardinals are 2-9 in series openers.

Teams’ records in first five innings:
Team (road-home-total)- thru 5/6
Ariz 7-6-2……8-5-5…….15-11
Atl 9-5-4……6-6-3…….15-11
Cubs 8-6-3……4-7-3…….12-13
Reds 4-11-1……5-10-3…….9-21
Colo 12-8-4……6-5-1……18-13
LA 9-7-3…..6-7-2……..15-14
Miami 5-8-2…..7-7-4……..12-15
Milw 10-7-1…..7-9-1…….17-16
Mets 7-7-1……6-8-4…….12-14
Philly 6-7-4…..4-6-5……..10-13
Pitt 9-6-5……8-4-3…….17-10
St. Louis 9-3-3……8-8-1……..17-11
SD 4-9-3……5-12-1……..9-20
SF 9-4-5…..7-8-2……..16-12
Wash 9-5-1……12-6-2…….21-11

Orioles 2-11-6…….4-9-2……6-20
Boston 9-5-5……..7-5-3……16-10
White Sox 8-7-1…….3-11-2…..11-18
Cleveland 6-5-4……10-6-4……16-11
Detroit 5-10-2……8-7-3…….13-17
Astros 8-5-5……9-7-3………17-11
KC 4-9-2……..7-11-2……11-20
Angels 13-2-1……4-10-4……17-12
Twins 6-9-3……6-6-2…….12-15
NYY 9-3-3……12-4-3…….21-7
A’s 4-9-4……7-6-4………11-15
Seattle 10-6-2……5-6-5…….15-12
TB 9-4-3……6-7-3………15-11
Texas 7-7-2……7-11-2……..14-18
Toronto 6-10-3……5-8-3…….11-18

%age of times teams score in first inning (road/home/total- 5/6)
Ariz 5-14……..5-18……….10
Atl 8-17……..10-16………18
Cubs 5-17……..5-14………..10
Reds 3-16……..3-18………..6
Colo 11-23……..5-12..…….16
LA 7-19……..3-14..………10
Miami 6-15……..6-19………..12
Milw 4-18……..1-16…..……5
Mets 5-15……..8-17………..13
Philly 5-18……..6-16……….11
Pitt 5-20……..3-15………..8
StL 4-14……..4-17………..8
SD 5-17……..2-17……….7
SF 1-16………7-17……….8
Wash 9-16……..7-19………16

Orioles 7-19……4-15………..11
Boston 6-19……..7-15………13
White Sox 4-17……6-16………10
Clev 3-15…….5-19……….8
Detroit 4-17…….3-16………7
Astros 4-16……5-17……….9
KC 4-15……..6-19………10
Angels 6-16……..4-17………10
Twins 5-18……..2-19……….7
NYY 4-15……..7-18………11
A’s 5-17……..6-17………11
Seattle 6-17……4-16……….10
TB 7-16…….4-16………11
Texas 2-16……3-20……….5
Toronto 3-19……6-16……….9

Interleague play- 2018
NL @ AL– 16-5 NL, favorites -$46
AL @ NL– 7-4 NL, favorites -$240
Total: 22-9 NL, favorites -$286

Totals in interleague games
NL @ AL: Under 12-8-1
AL @ NL: Under 6-4-1
Total: Under 18-12-2

Can'tPickAWinner
05-07-2018, 05:39 PM
MLB

Monday, May 7

Trend Report

San Francisco Giants
San Francisco is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games
San Francisco is 7-1 SU in its last 8 games
The total has gone OVER in 8 of San Francisco's last 11 games
San Francisco is 5-0 ATS in its last 5 games on the road
San Francisco is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games on the road
The total has gone UNDER in 6 of San Francisco's last 9 games on the road
San Francisco is 2-11 ATS in its last 13 games when playing Philadelphia
San Francisco is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games when playing Philadelphia
The total has gone OVER in 4 of San Francisco's last 5 games when playing Philadelphia
San Francisco is 1-5 ATS in its last 6 games when playing on the road against Philadelphia
San Francisco is 2-5 SU in its last 7 games when playing on the road against Philadelphia
The total has gone OVER in 7 of San Francisco's last 9 games when playing on the road against Philadelphia
Philadelphia Phillies
Philadelphia is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games
Philadelphia is 2-6 SU in its last 8 games
The total has gone OVER in 8 of Philadelphia's last 12 games
Philadelphia is 2-5 ATS in its last 7 games at home
Philadelphia is 15-6 SU in its last 21 games at home
Philadelphia is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games at home
The total has gone OVER in 5 of Philadelphia's last 6 games at home
Philadelphia is 11-2 ATS in its last 13 games when playing San Francisco
Philadelphia is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games when playing San Francisco
The total has gone OVER in 4 of Philadelphia's last 5 games when playing San Francisco
Philadelphia is 5-1 ATS in its last 6 games when playing at home against San Francisco
Philadelphia is 5-2 SU in its last 7 games when playing at home against San Francisco
The total has gone OVER in 7 of Philadelphia's last 9 games when playing at home against San Francisco

New York Mets
NY Mets is 0-5 ATS in its last 5 games
NY Mets is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games
The total has gone UNDER in 4 of NY Mets's last 6 games
NY Mets is 10-5 ATS in its last 15 games on the road
NY Mets is 10-5 SU in its last 15 games on the road
The total has gone OVER in 4 of NY Mets's last 6 games on the road
NY Mets is 8-3 ATS in its last 11 games when playing Cincinnati
NY Mets is 18-3 SU in its last 21 games when playing Cincinnati
NY Mets is 4-2 ATS in its last 6 games when playing on the road against Cincinnati
NY Mets is 9-2 SU in its last 11 games when playing on the road against Cincinnati
The total has gone OVER in 7 of NY Mets's last 10 games when playing on the road against Cincinnati
Cincinnati Reds
Cincinnati is 1-5 SU in its last 6 games
Cincinnati is 1-7 SU in its last 8 games at home
Cincinnati is 3-8 ATS in its last 11 games when playing NY Mets
Cincinnati is 3-18 SU in its last 21 games when playing NY Mets
Cincinnati is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games when playing at home against NY Mets
Cincinnati is 2-9 SU in its last 11 games when playing at home against NY Mets
The total has gone OVER in 7 of Cincinnati's last 10 games when playing at home against NY Mets

Detroit Tigers
Detroit is 4-8 SU in its last 12 games
The total has gone UNDER in 7 of Detroit's last 8 games
Detroit is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games on the road
Detroit is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games on the road
The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Detroit's last 5 games on the road
Detroit is 1-5 ATS in its last 6 games when playing Texas
Detroit is 1-5 SU in its last 6 games when playing Texas
Detroit is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games when playing on the road against Texas
Detroit is 2-6 SU in its last 8 games when playing on the road against Texas
Texas Rangers
Texas is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games
The total has gone OVER in 5 of Texas's last 7 games
Texas is 5-13 ATS in its last 18 games at home
Texas is 3-11 SU in its last 14 games at home
The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Texas's last 6 games at home
Texas is 5-1 ATS in its last 6 games when playing Detroit
Texas is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games when playing Detroit
Texas is 4-2 ATS in its last 6 games when playing at home against Detroit
Texas is 6-2 SU in its last 8 games when playing at home against Detroit

Miami Marlins
Miami is 9-3 ATS in its last 12 games
Miami is 6-2 SU in its last 8 games
The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Miami's last 5 games
Miami is 5-1 ATS in its last 6 games on the road
Miami is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games on the road
Miami is 8-17 SU in its last 25 games on the road
The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Miami's last 7 games on the road
The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Miami's last 7 games when playing Chi Cubs
Miami is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games when playing on the road against Chi Cubs
Miami is 1-7 SU in its last 8 games when playing on the road against Chi Cubs
Chicago Cubs
Chi Cubs is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games
Chi Cubs is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games
The total has gone UNDER in 9 of Chi Cubs's last 11 games
Chi Cubs is 2-5 ATS in its last 7 games at home
Chi Cubs is 6-2 SU in its last 8 games at home
The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Chi Cubs's last 7 games at home
The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Chi Cubs's last 7 games when playing Miami
Chi Cubs is 4-2 ATS in its last 6 games when playing at home against Miami
Chi Cubs is 7-1 SU in its last 8 games when playing at home against Miami

Minnesota Twins
Minnesota is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games
Minnesota is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games
Minnesota is 5-12 SU in its last 17 games
The total has gone OVER in 13 of Minnesota's last 17 games
Minnesota is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games on the road
Minnesota is 3-8 SU in its last 11 games on the road
The total has gone OVER in 11 of Minnesota's last 13 games on the road
The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Minnesota's last 5 games when playing St. Louis
Minnesota is 2-6 SU in its last 8 games when playing on the road against St. Louis
The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Minnesota's last 5 games when playing on the road against St. Louis
St. Louis Cardinals
St. Louis is 1-7 ATS in its last 8 games
St. Louis is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games
The total has gone UNDER in 5 of St. Louis's last 6 games
St. Louis is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games at home
St. Louis is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games at home
The total has gone UNDER in 4 of St. Louis's last 5 games at home
The total has gone UNDER in 5 of St. Louis's last 5 games when playing Minnesota
St. Louis is 6-2 SU in its last 8 games when playing at home against Minnesota
The total has gone UNDER in 5 of St. Louis's last 5 games when playing at home against Minnesota

Houston Astros
Houston is 1-6 ATS in its last 7 games
Houston is 1-5 SU in its last 6 games
The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Houston's last 7 games
Houston is 7-2 ATS in its last 9 games on the road
Houston is 7-2 SU in its last 9 games on the road
Houston is 2-6 ATS in its last 8 games when playing Oakland
Houston is 17-8 SU in its last 25 games when playing Oakland
Houston is 2-6 SU in its last 8 games when playing Oakland
The total has gone OVER in 6 of Houston's last 7 games when playing Oakland
Houston is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games when playing on the road against Oakland
Houston is 10-4 SU in its last 14 games when playing on the road against Oakland
Houston is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games when playing on the road against Oakland
The total has gone OVER in 5 of Houston's last 5 games when playing on the road against Oakland
Oakland Athletics
Oakland is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games
The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Oakland's last 5 games
Oakland is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games at home
Oakland is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games at home
The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Oakland's last 5 games at home
Oakland is 6-2 ATS in its last 8 games when playing Houston
Oakland is 6-2 SU in its last 8 games when playing Houston
Oakland is 8-17 SU in its last 25 games when playing Houston
The total has gone OVER in 6 of Oakland's last 7 games when playing Houston
Oakland is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games when playing at home against Houston
Oakland is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games when playing at home against Houston
Oakland is 4-10 SU in its last 14 games when playing at home against Houston
The total has gone OVER in 5 of Oakland's last 5 games when playing at home against Houston

Washington Nationals
Washington is 4-2 ATS in its last 6 games
Washington is 7-1 SU in its last 8 games
The total has gone OVER in 4 of Washington's last 6 games
Washington is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games on the road
The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Washington's last 5 games on the road
Washington is 5-2 ATS in its last 7 games when playing San Diego
Washington is 5-2 SU in its last 7 games when playing San Diego
The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Washington's last 7 games when playing San Diego
Washington is 8-3 SU in its last 11 games when playing on the road against San Diego
San Diego Padres
San Diego is 4-2 ATS in its last 6 games
San Diego is 6-12 SU in its last 18 games
San Diego is 6-13 ATS in its last 19 games at home
San Diego is 3-6 SU in its last 9 games at home
The total has gone OVER in 8 of San Diego's last 11 games at home
San Diego is 2-5 ATS in its last 7 games when playing Washington
San Diego is 2-5 SU in its last 7 games when playing Washington
The total has gone UNDER in 5 of San Diego's last 7 games when playing Washington
San Diego is 3-8 SU in its last 11 games when playing at home against Washington

Can'tPickAWinner
05-07-2018, 05:39 PM
MLB

Monday, May 7

Streaking and Slumping Starting Pitchers

Streaking: Michael Fulmer, Detroit Tigers (1-2, 2.80 ERA, $19)

Michael Fulmer is pitching very well for a very bad team in Detroit. You have to figure that right around the All-Star break contending teams are going to come knocking in an effort to deal for the big righty. Over his last three starts (all no-decisions, of course) Fulmer owns an ERA of 1.89 and a WHIP of 1.1579. Get this man into a pennant race immediately.

Fulmer and the Tigers are slight road favorites tonight at -115 in Arlington against Matt Moore and the Rangers.

Slumping: Matt Moore, Texas Rangers (1-4, 7.67 ERA, $-361)

Matt Moore's season was fairly decent in April, but once the calander flipped to May it all went to poop. Moore's last start was a tough assignment in Cleveland against the Indians and he certainly didn't step up to the challenge allowing 10 runs on 11 hits, including three home runs.

Moore and the Rangers are slight home underdogs at -105 against Fulmer (above) and the Tigers.

Note: Not every online sportsbook is the same. Thinking of placing a bet? Check which top rated sports betting sites have been reviewed first.

Monday's Top Trends

* Phillies are 1-9 in Zach Eflin's last 10 starts. -110 today vs. Giants.
* Reds are 2-12 in Homer Bailey's last 14 home starts. -105 today vs. Mets.
* Under is 7-1 in Tigers' last eight overall. DET/TEX total: 9.5.
* Marlins are 1-7 in the last eight meetings with the Cubs in Chicago. +210 today @ CHC.
* Cardinals are 10-1 in their last 11 home games. -135 today vs. Twins.
* Nationals are 24-6 in Stephen Strasburg's last 30 road starts. -165 today @ Padres.

Weather Watch

It's going to be a very calm day in baseball weather Monday with no precipitation in the forecast and light winds for most of the scheduled games.

The only game that will see any significant wind is at Oakland Coliseum where there's a 10-12 mile per hour breeze in the forecast for tonight's game between the Astros and A's. The wind doesn't impact ball flight as much in Oakland as in most other stadiums, so there should be minimal impact on the game. The total is set at 8.5.

Can'tPickAWinner
05-07-2018, 05:40 PM
Monday's NBA Playoffs betting preview and odds

Round 2 of the NBA Playoffs continues Monday with the Cavaliers and Celtics both attempting sweep their opponents and advance to the Eastern Conference Final. Both the Raptors and 76ers entered Round 2 as series favorites but now each must pull off a miracle in order to advance.

Boston Celtics at Philadelphia 76ers (-6.5, 204.5)

Celtics lead series 3-0.

The Boston Celtics look to avoid a launch of confetti and finish off the Eastern Conference semifinal series Monday night when they visit the Philadelphia 76ers for Game 4. The Celtics received 24 points from rookie Jayson Tatum while Al Horford scored the final five of the game as they earned a stunning 101-98 overtime victory Saturday and took a commanding 3-0 lead in the best-of-seven series.

Marco Belinelli’s jumper with less than a second left in the fourth quarter caused confetti to fill the air at the Wells Fargo Center, but his foot was inside the 3-point line and it only tied the game before Boston rallied in overtime. “I’ve seen crazier things that happened,” Celtics guard Jaylen Brown told reporters after scoring 16 points off the bench. “The win just was the confetti for us. So we’ll take it like that.” Joel Embiid scored 22 points and grabbed 19 rebounds, but the 76ers shot just 39.2 percent from the field Saturday while turning the ball over in key situations and now are forced to buck NBA history as all 129 teams have failed to win a series after falling behind 3-0. “Teams that are down 3-0 have a record of (0-129),” Philadelphia coach Brett Brown told reporters. “Think about that. Just think about that number. The number is 0. The number to me, 0, happens more out of spirit than talent. Like there’s a breaking point we all have and I believe that if we can maintain our spirit, why couldn’t we be the one and I mean that.”

TV: 6 p.m. ET, TNT

SERIES PRICE (PER WESTGATE LV SUPERBOOK):

http://i65.tinypic.com/29fpdeo.jpg

LINE MOVES AND BETTING ACTION: In what was a surprise to many, the 76ers opened as 6-point home favorites for Game 4 and that number has actually been bumped higher to -6.5 as of Sunday night. This line move is despite 68 percent of Covers Consensus wagers coming in on the Celtics. The total hit betting boards at 204.5 and has yet to move. Check out the complete line history here.

INJURY REPORT:

Celtics - PG K. Irving (Out For Season, Knee), PF D. Theis (Out For Season, Knee), SF G. Hayward (Out For Season, Ankle).

76ers - SG T. Luwawu-Cabarrot (Out Indefinitely, Knee).

ABOUT THE CELTICS (62-30 SU, 58-32-2 ATS, 50-41-1 O/U): Horford scored seven of his 13 points in overtime and had a key steal in the final seconds that snuffed out a chance for Philadelphia to win the contest. “Al is our leader,” Tatum told reporters. “He’s been in the playoffs every year, so he’s been in every situation possible. He’s always making sure we’re in the right situations, and we know we can look toward him to make the right play.” Tatum is averaging 24.3 points in the series and guard Terry Rozier continues to shine while leading the team in scoring during the playoffs (19.0) and providing 22.3 per game the past three.

ABOUT THE 76ERS (56-34 SU, 51-37-2 ATS, 45-44-1 O/U): Rookie Ben Simmons rebounded from a rough Game 2 (one point, five turnovers) to score 16 while recording eight rebounds and eight assists in Saturday’s setback. “I have a lot of growing to do,” Simmons told ESPN.com. “This is the first time I’ve played in the playoffs, and I’m learning a lot. It’s a great opportunity for myself and the team. We’re all learning together. There’s a lot of lessons. I think they’re all very important.” Embiid has registered five straight double-doubles in the playoffs and guard J.J. Redick is averaging 20.3 points in the series with 10 made 3-pointers.

MATCHUP CHART:

http://i64.tinypic.com/2zrdefq.jpg

TRENDS:

* Celtics are 6-0 ATS in their last 6 Conference Semifinals games.
* 76ers are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 Conference Semifinals games.
* Over is 11-3 in Celtics' last 14 overall.
* Under is 8-2-1 in 76ers' last 11 games playing on 1 days rest.
* Celtics are 6-1 ATS in the last 7 meetings.

Toronto Raptors at Cleveland Cavaliers (-6, 213.5)

Cavaliers lead series 3-0.

LeBron James is putting on a display this postseason that will be talked about for ages, and he has a chance to take his run another round further when he leads the Cleveland Cavaliers into a potential Game 4 clincher at home against the Toronto Raptors on Monday. After scoring 43 points on Thursday to help the Cavaliers gain a 2-0 series lead on the road, James knocked down a running buzzer-beater to give his team a 105-103 victory in Game 3 on Saturday.

The game-winner capped a 38-point effort for the superstar, who is averaging 34.8 points on 54.7 percent shooting to go along with 9.5 rebounds and 8.8 assists during the playoffs. "I've been doing that since I was like six, seven, eight years old," James told reporters of his latest clutch moment. "Maybe even before that. There's a picture floating around of me beside a Little Tikes hoop with a saggy Pamper on and I was doing it back then and all the way up until now, at 33." The top-seeded Raptors are on the verge of being swept out of the playoffs for the second straight season by Cleveland. "Our goal in the timeout was to trap him and make someone else beat us," Toronto coach Dwane Casey told reporters of a play that will haunt him. "He split the trap and went 100 miles an hour down the floor and lost them. We just didn't execute. It was probably my fault that I didn't make it clear that we wanted to trap him and get the ball out of his hands. We had it started in the backcourt, and for whatever reason, we let him out of the trap."

TV: 8:30 p.m. ET, TNT

SERIES PRICE (PER WESTGATE LV SUPERBOOK):

http://i65.tinypic.com/x42a21.jpg

LINE MOVES AND BETTING ACTION: The Cavs really have the Raptors' number in the postseason and they opened as 5.5-point home favorites for Game 4. The number has been bumped up to -6 as of Sunday night despite 62 percent of Covers Consensus bettors siding with the underdog Raps. The total hit betting boards at 213 and has been bumped up slightly to 213.5.

INJURY REPORT:

Raptors - No injuries to report.

Cavaliers - No injuries to report.

ABOUT THE RAPTORS (63-28 SU, 48-42-1 ATS, 46-44-1 O/U): Teams that fall behind 3-0 in the playoffs are 0-129 in NBA history, giving Toronto virtually insurmountable odds to come out on top against a team it cannot seem to solve. The task is made all the more difficult when leading scorer DeMar DeRozan struggles the way he did in Game 3, producing eight points - more than 15 below his average this postseason - on 3-of-12 shooting, leading to a benching during a critical portion of the fourth quarter. "It's extremely hard, extremely hard," DeRozan told reporters of sitting on the sidelines while his teammates made a late push. "I just want to be out there helping my team, way more than anything. It definitely sucks to be watching ... we've got to give credit to those guys. We fought hard and gave ourselves a chance to win."

ABOUT THE CAVALIERS (57-35 SU, 35-56-1 ATS, 43-47-2 O/U): James will finish his career with a hefty collection of buzzer-beaters, but the sheer difficulty of Saturday's one-handed bank shot will make this one stand out. "In the moment, that's a tough shot, but I've watched him shoot that shot countless times in shootaround and practice, just messing around, shooting off the wrong leg," guard Kyle Korver told the media. "I'm like, 'When would you shoot a shot like that?' Apparently to win a playoff game. Amazing shot." Even more important for Cleveland's long-term outlook this spring was the second straight solid game for big man Kevin Love, who had 21 points on 7-of-14 shooting and 16 rebounds.

MATCHUP CHART:

http://i64.tinypic.com/be5v9y.jpg

TRENDS:

* Raptors are 1-5-1 ATS in their last 7 Conference Semifinals games.
* Cavaliers are 5-1-1 ATS in their last 7 Conference Semifinals games.
* Over is 8-2 in Raptors' last 10 Conference Semifinals games.
* Under is 5-1 in Cavaliers' last 6 home games.
* Over is 5-2 in the last 7 meetings.

Can'tPickAWinner
NBA
Dunkel

Monday, May 7

Boston @ Philadelphia

Game 501-502
May 7, 2018 @ 6:05 pm

Dunkel Rating:
Boston
Philadelphia
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
Philadelphia
by 9
Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
Philadelphia
by 6 1/2
204 1/2
Dunkel Pick:
Philadelphia
(-6 1/2); Over

Toronto @ Cleveland

Game 503-504
May 7, 2018 @ 8:35 pm

Dunkel Rating:
Toronto
Cleveland
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
Cleveland
by 8
Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
Cleveland
by 5 1/2
213 1/2
Dunkel Pick:
Cleveland
(-5 1/2); Over

Can'tPickAWinner
NBA
Long Sheet

Monday, May 7

BOSTON (62 - 30) at PHILADELPHIA (56 - 34) - 5/7/2018, 6:05 PM
PHILADELPHIA is 52-38 ATS (+10.2 Units) in all games this season.
PHILADELPHIA is 37-26 ATS (+8.4 Units) as a favorite this season.
PHILADELPHIA is 29-15 ATS (+12.5 Units) in home games this season.
PHILADELPHIA is 30-16 ATS (+12.4 Units) revenging a home loss vs opponent over the last 2 seasons.
PHILADELPHIA is 62-43 ATS (+14.7 Units) revenging a loss vs opponent over the last 2 seasons.
PHILADELPHIA is 18-8 ATS (+9.2 Units) in home games when playing against a team with a winning record this season.
BOSTON is 56-32 ATS (+20.8 Units) in all games this season.
BOSTON is 23-7 ATS (+15.3 Units) as an underdog this season.
BOSTON is 29-15 ATS (+12.5 Units) in road games this season.
BOSTON is 13-4 ATS (+8.6 Units) after a division game this season.
BOSTON is 19-9 ATS (+9.1 Units) in all playoff games over the last 2 seasons.
BOSTON is 14-2 ATS (+11.8 Units) off an upset win as an underdog this season.
BOSTON is 20-9 ATS (+10.1 Units) after 3 or more consecutive wins this season.
BOSTON is 32-16 ATS (+14.4 Units) when playing against a team with a winning record this season.
BOSTON is 35-17 ATS (+16.3 Units) versus good offensive teams - scoring 106+ points/game this season.
BOSTON is 21-12 ATS (+7.8 Units) versus good offensive teams - scoring 106+ points/game - 2nd half of the season this season.

BOSTON is 9-6 against the spread versus PHILADELPHIA over the last 3 seasons
BOSTON is 13-2 straight up against PHILADELPHIA over the last 3 seasons
8 of 14 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons

TORONTO (63 - 28) at CLEVELAND (57 - 35) - 5/7/2018, 8:35 PM
TORONTO is 200-251 ATS (-76.1 Units) when playing against a team with a winning record - 2nd half of the season since 1996.
CLEVELAND is 35-55 ATS (-25.5 Units) in all games this season.
CLEVELAND is 20-48 ATS (-32.8 Units) as a favorite this season.
CLEVELAND is 13-32 ATS (-22.2 Units) in home games this season.
CLEVELAND is 17-29 ATS (-14.9 Units) in home games when playing against a team with a winning record over the last 2 seasons.
CLEVELAND is 6-14 ATS (-9.4 Units) in home games when playing against a team with a winning record - 2nd half of the season this season.

CLEVELAND is 14-8 against the spread versus TORONTO over the last 3 seasons
CLEVELAND is 17-6 straight up against TORONTO over the last 3 seasons
14 of 23 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons

Can'tPickAWinner
NBA

Monday, May 7

Celtics (3-0) @ 76ers
Celtics won their last six games with Philly, after losing first meeting this season; they’ve been an underdog in all three games this series. Sixers could’ve had Tatum last summer but didn’t take him; he was +24 in Game 3, scoring 24 points. Boston was -21 in 12:00 he was on bench. Boston lost six of its last seven road games; 76ers coughed away Game 3 at end of regulation, after blowing 22-point lead in Game 2. Sixers won 12 of their last 14 home games; over is 8-5 in their last 13 games overall. Over is 11-3 in last 14 Boston games.

Raptors @ Cavaliers (3-0) 

Cavaliers blew 15-point halftime lead in Game 3, then won it when James hit walk-off bank shot to drive a stake into the Raptors’ hearts. James had 38 points in Game 3; Cavaliers were -18 in 10:00 that Love was off floor. DeRozan was 3-12 from floor, was -23 for game. Cleveland won its last four home games, by 3-3-4-2 points; they’ve won five games in row with Toronto. Raptors are -15 in turnovers (28-13) in their last two games. Four of last five Cleveland games went over the total; over is 7-7 in second round games so far this spring.

Second Round
Pelicans-Warriors
GState 123-101, -7.5, O223.5
GState 121-116, -11, O229
NO 119-100, +5, U232.5
GState 118-92, -6, U231.5

Jazz-Rockets
Hst 110-96, -11.5, U206.5
Utah 116-108, +10.5, O205
Hst 113-92, -4.5, U209.5
Hst 100-87, -6, U211

76ers-Celtics
Bos 117-101, +5, O205
Bos 108-103, +3.5, O206.5
Bos 101-98 OT, +9.5, U206.5

Cavaliers-Raptors
Clev 113-112 OT +7, O213.5
Clev 128-110, +7, O213.5
Clev 105-103, -4.5, U214.5

Can'tPickAWinner
05-07-2018, 05:41 PM
NBA

Monday, May 7

Trend Report

Boston Celtics
Boston is 6-1 ATS in its last 7 games
Boston is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games
The total has gone OVER in 11 of Boston's last 14 games
Boston is 16-7 ATS in its last 23 games on the road
Boston is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games on the road
Boston is 1-6 SU in its last 7 games on the road
Boston is 6-1 ATS in its last 7 games when playing Philadelphia
Boston is 17-2 SU in its last 19 games when playing Philadelphia
The total has gone OVER in 8 of Boston's last 12 games when playing Philadelphia
Boston is 7-2 ATS in its last 9 games when playing on the road against Philadelphia
Boston is 8-1 SU in its last 9 games when playing on the road against Philadelphia
The total has gone OVER in 4 of Boston's last 6 games when playing on the road against Philadelphia
Philadelphia 76ers
Philadelphia is 15-7 ATS in its last 22 games
Philadelphia is 20-4 SU in its last 24 games
Philadelphia is 18-7 ATS in its last 25 games at home
Philadelphia is 22-3 SU in its last 25 games at home
The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Philadelphia's last 6 games at home
Philadelphia is 1-6 ATS in its last 7 games when playing Boston
Philadelphia is 2-17 SU in its last 19 games when playing Boston
The total has gone OVER in 8 of Philadelphia's last 12 games when playing Boston
Philadelphia is 2-7 ATS in its last 9 games when playing at home against Boston
Philadelphia is 1-8 SU in its last 9 games when playing at home against Boston
The total has gone OVER in 4 of Philadelphia's last 6 games when playing at home against Boston

Toronto Raptors
Toronto is 8-14-1 ATS in its last 23 games
Toronto is 2-5 SU in its last 7 games
The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Toronto's last 6 games
Toronto is 3-7 ATS in its last 10 games on the road
Toronto is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games on the road
The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Toronto's last 7 games on the road
Toronto is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games when playing Cleveland
Toronto is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games when playing Cleveland
The total has gone OVER in 5 of Toronto's last 7 games when playing Cleveland
Toronto is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games when playing on the road against Cleveland
Toronto is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games when playing on the road against Cleveland
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland is 3-8 ATS in its last 11 games
Cleveland is 6-1 SU in its last 7 games
The total has gone OVER in 4 of Cleveland's last 5 games
Cleveland is 0-5 ATS in its last 5 games at home
Cleveland is 12-2 SU in its last 14 games at home
The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Cleveland's last 6 games at home
Cleveland is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games when playing Toronto
Cleveland is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games when playing Toronto
The total has gone OVER in 5 of Cleveland's last 7 games when playing Toronto
Cleveland is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games when playing at home against Toronto
Cleveland is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games when playing at home against Toronto

Can'tPickAWinner
05-07-2018, 05:41 PM
NBA

Monday, May 7

Both favorites covered on the road Sunday. Two elimination/sweep games tonight.

Current 2018 NBA Playoffs betting stats:

Home Teams:
41-18 Straight Up
32-26-1 ATS (55.17%)

Favorites:
44-15 Straight Up
34-24-1 ATS (58.62%)

Over-Under: 29-30

Can'tPickAWinner
05-07-2018, 05:42 PM
Monday's NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs betting preview and odds

Last year's two Stanley Cup finalists, the Pittsburgh Penguins and the Nashville Predators, both face elimination games Monday night at the hands of the Washington Capitals and the Winnipeg Jets, respectively.

Washington Capitals at Pittsburgh Penguins (-200, 6)

Capitals lead series 3-2.

The Washington Capitals previously have seen the Pittsburgh Penguins up against the ropes only to fall victim to a spirited barrage and find themselves on the canvas. The Capitals aim to prevent that scene from repeating itself on Monday as they bid to land the knockout blow in Game 6 of their Eastern Conference semifinal series at PPG Paints Arena.

Two-time reigning Stanley Cup champion Pittsburgh is no stranger to trailing 3-2 in a series, having done so against Tampa Bay in the 2016 Eastern Conference final while avoiding elimination on two separate occasions in 2017 with a 2-0 win over Washington in Game 7 of the conference semis before posting a 3-2 double-overtime victory versus Ottawa in the following round. "Everybody understands the situation," Penguins superstar captain Sidney Crosby said. "It brings out everyone's best. You don't have anything to save it for, so you go out there with one focus, and that's win a hockey game and get to a Game 7. That's our mindset here." Washington goaltender Braden Holtby was quite clear with what his team's mindset needs to be if it wishes to build off Saturday's 6-3 win in Game 5 and put itself in position to advance to the Eastern Conference final for the first time since 1998. "Where it's at right now doesn't matter at all. All that matters is the next game," the former Vezina Trophy winner said. "That's got to be our mindset if we want to have success and take a mature approach to it."

TV: 7 p.m. ET, NBC Sports Network, Sportsnet, TVAS

SERIES PRICE (PER LV SUPERBOOK):

http://i63.tinypic.com/fw960.jpg

LINE MOVES AND BETTING ACTION: The Penguins opened as -200 favorites and as of Sunday night that number has not moved. The total hit betting boards at 5.5 and has been bumped up to 6.

INJURY REPORT:

Capitals - C Nicklas Backstrom (Questionable, Upper Body), RW Tom Wilson (Elig Wednesday, Suspension), LW Andre Burakovsky (Out Indefinitely, Upper Body).

Penguins - C Zach Aston-Reese (Out Indefinitely, Jaw).

GOALIE SHOWDOWN:
W L OTL GAA Save % SO
Braden Holtby 34 16 4 2.99 .907 0
Matt Murray 27 16 3 2.92 .907 1

ABOUT THE CAPITALS (56-28-8-1, 52-39 O/U): Nicklas Backstrom is expected to play in Game 6 despite sitting out Sunday's practice, one day removed from using his hand to block a shot with his team short-handed during the first period. The 30-year-old Swedish Olympian's 10 assists are tops on the team while his 13 points trail only captain Alex Ovechkin, who rebounded from failing to muster a shot on goal in Game 4 by joining Evgeny Kuznetsov in setting up Jakub Vrana's go-ahead tally with 4:38 remaining in the third period. Ironically, the Ovechkin-Kuznetsov-Vrana grouping was Washington's top line at the onset of the season as Tom Wilson served a four-game suspension from the league.

ABOUT THE PENGUINS (53-34-4-2, 51-37 O/U): Crosby reached the 20-point plateau (nine goals, 11 assists) in the playoffs for the franchise-best fourth time in his career and pushed his overall point total to 184 with his second-period power-play goal in Game 5. The two-time reigning Conn Smythe Trophy winner would pull even with Hall of Famer Steve Yzerman for 10th place all-time with another point on Monday. Linemate Jake Guentzel (team-leading 21 points) saw his eight-game point streak end on Saturday, a postseason stretch that was the NHL's longest since Los Angeles' Anze Kopitar's 10-game run in 2014.

MATCHUP CHART:

http://i68.tinypic.com/2im9a43.jpg

TRENDS:

* Capitals are 9-1 in their last 10 road games.
* Penguins are 98-35 in their last 133 home games.
* Over is 18-8-2 in Capitals' last 28 games following a win.
* Over is 9-2 in Penguins' last 11 home games vs. a team with a winning road record.
* Under is 7-3 in the last 10 meetings.

Nashville Predators at Winnipeg Jets (-155, 6)

Jets lead series 3-2.

The Winnipeg Jets stand one victory away from the Western Conference finals and have two shots to knock out the Nashville Predators, starting with Monday’s Game 6 at home after yet another offensive explosion in Saturday’s 6-2 road triumph. The Jets, who were stymied in a frustrating Game 4 loss on home ice, broke loose to take a 3-2 series lead as the top line of Blake Wheeler, Mark Scheifele and Kyle Connor combined for three goals and eight points.

Wheeler told reporters Sunday after the Jets returned to Winnipeg that knocking out the Predators – who took Pittsburgh to Game 6 of the Stanley Cup Finals last June – will not be easy, adding, “What we’re focused on is what’s given us success all year long, that’s just finding a way to win one hockey game.” Nashville got the start it wanted in Game 5, dominating play for most of the first period, but could not score in the opening frame before the Jets netted four goals in the middle period. The loss dropped the Predators to 1-2 on home ice in the series, but Nashville coach Peter Laviolette’s team already has won one game in Winnipeg this series and must do so again to extend its season. “This group’s been built for a game like the one that’s coming up,” Laviolette told reporters after Saturday’s loss. “I’ve got a tremendous amount of confidence. I believe in them.”

TV: 9:30 p.m. ET, NBC Sports Network, CBC, TVA Sports

SERIES PRICE (PER LV SUPERBOOK):

http://i63.tinypic.com/2w4e791.jpg

LINE MOVES AND BETTING ACTION: The Jets opened as -145 moneyline favorites and as of Sunday night that number has been pushed up to -155, despite P.K. Subban's guarantee of victory. The total hit betting boards at 5.5 and has been bumped up to 6.

INJURY REPORT:

Predators - C Calle Jarnkrok (Questionable, Undisclosed).

Jets - D Dmitry Kulikov (Out Indefinitely, Back).

GOALIE SHOWDOWN:
W L OTL GAA Save % SO
Pekka Rinne 42 13 4 2.31 .927 8
Connor Hellebuyck 44 11 9 2.36 .924 6

ABOUT THE PREDATORS (59-23-4-7, 47-45 O/U): Nashville will look to repeat the recipe that led to a 2-1 victory in Winnipeg in Game 4: get an early lead then dominate the neutral zone. Goaltender Pekka Rinne served up another subpar performance, allowing three goals in a 4:31 span of the second period to turn a 1-1 game into a 4-1 deficit, and after two goals early in the third was pulled again for Juuse Saros. Some of Nashville’s key players struggled in Game 5, including Victor Arvidsson and Austin Watson, who both finished minus-3.

ABOUT THE JETS (59-22-9-2, 45-45 O/U): Connor set a franchise record for most points in a playoff game by a rookie, scoring his first two goals of the playoffs in the pivotal second-period stretch and assisted on Scheifele’s goal 28 seconds into the third period. Goaltender Connor Hellebuyck made 38 saves on the night, and a determined defense which blocked 16 shots survived a 20-shot onslaught by Nashville in the third period. Forward Mathieu Perreault, who had missed the past eight games with an injury, scored a goal in his return and gave the Jets a much-needed boost.

MATCHUP CHART:

http://i66.tinypic.com/292lnjl.jpg

TRENDS:

* Predators are 14-5 in their last 19 road games.
* Jets are 42-10 in their last 52 home games.
* Under is 11-1-1 in Predators last 13 after allowing 5 goals or more in their previous game.
* Under is 6-1 in Jets last 7 home games.
* Over is 7-3 in the last 10 meetings.

Can'tPickAWinner
NHL
Dunkel

Monday, May 7

Washington @ Pittsburgh

Game 1-2
May 7, 2018 @ 7:05 pm

Dunkel Rating:
Washington
Pittsburgh
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
Washington
by 1 1/2
Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
Pittsburgh
Dunkel Pick:
Washington
(+170); Under

Nashville @ Winnipeg

Game 3-4
May 7, 2018 @ 9:35 pm

Dunkel Rating:
Nashville
Winnipeg
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
Nashville
by 3 1/2
Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
Winnipeg
Dunkel Pick:
Nashville
(+140); Under

Can'tPickAWinner
NHL
Long Sheet

Monday, May 7

WASHINGTON (56-28-0-9, 121 pts.) at PITTSBURGH (53-34-0-6, 112 pts.) - 5/7/2018, 7:05 PM
PITTSBURGH is 121-71 ATS (-5.9 Units) second half of the season over the last 3 seasons.
PITTSBURGH is 79-43 ATS (+15.4 Units) vs. division opponents over the last 3 seasons.
PITTSBURGH is 29-10 ATS (+14.7 Units) after allowing 4 goals or more this season.
PITTSBURGH is 17-3 ATS (+12.3 Units) after a loss by 2 goals or more in their previous game this season.
PITTSBURGH is 38-15 ATS (+11.9 Units) in home games when playing against a team with a winning record over the last 2 seasons.
PITTSBURGH is 40-15 ATS (+16.9 Units) in home games when playing against a team with a winning record in the second half of the season over the last 3 seasons.
WASHINGTON is 57-37 ATS (+10.3 Units) in all games this season.
WASHINGTON is 19-10 ATS (+29.0 Units) in road games second half of the season this season.
WASHINGTON is 34-19 ATS (+11.8 Units) in road games after a division game over the last 3 seasons.
WASHINGTON is 33-19 ATS (+11.8 Units) when playing against a team with a winning record this season.
WASHINGTON is 18-11 ATS (+6.4 Units) when playing against a team with a winning record in the second half of the season this season.

PITTSBURGH is 17-14 (+4.0 Units) against the spread versus WASHINGTON over the last 3 seasons
PITTSBURGH is 17-14-0 straight up against WASHINGTON over the last 3 seasons
13 of 27 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons . (Over=-2.1 Units, Under=-0.9 Units)

NASHVILLE (59-23-0-11, 129 pts.) at WINNIPEG (59-23-0-10, 128 pts.) - 5/7/2018, 9:35 PM
WINNIPEG is 59-34 ATS (+6.3 Units) in all games this season.
WINNIPEG is 36-17 ATS (+7.4 Units) second half of the season this season.
WINNIPEG is 41-24 ATS (+13.8 Units) vs. division opponents over the last 2 seasons.
WINNIPEG is 32-20 ATS (+6.0 Units) when playing against a team with a winning record this season.
WINNIPEG is 22-10 ATS (+10.0 Units) when playing against a team with a winning record in the second half of the season this season.
NASHVILLE is 59-35 ATS (+7.5 Units) in all games this season.
NASHVILLE is 12-4 ATS (+7.2 Units) in a road game where where the total is 6 or more this season.
NASHVILLE is 25-12 ATS (+8.2 Units) revenging a loss versus opponent this season.
NASHVILLE is 37-19 ATS (+10.3 Units) when playing against a team with a winning record this season.
NASHVILLE is 50-28 ATS (+16.9 Units) when playing against a team with a winning record in the second half of the season over the last 2 seasons.

NASHVILLE is 10-9-0 straight up against WINNIPEG over the last 3 seasons
12 of 18 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons . (Over=+5.9 Units)

Can'tPickAWinner
NHL

Monday, May 7

Trend Report

Washington Capitals
Washington is 4-2 ATS in its last 6 games
Washington is 7-2 SU in its last 9 games
Washington is 8-1 ATS in its last 9 games on the road
Washington is 9-1 SU in its last 10 games on the road
Washington is 4-2 ATS in its last 6 games when playing Pittsburgh
Washington is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games when playing Pittsburgh
The total has gone UNDER in 7 of Washington's last 10 games when playing Pittsburgh
Washington is 4-9 SU in its last 13 games when playing on the road against Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh Penguins
Pittsburgh is 19-6 SU in its last 25 games at home
Pittsburgh is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games when playing Washington
Pittsburgh is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games when playing Washington
The total has gone UNDER in 7 of Pittsburgh's last 10 games when playing Washington
Pittsburgh is 9-4 SU in its last 13 games when playing at home against Washington

Nashville Predators
Nashville is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games
Nashville is 14-5 SU in its last 19 games on the road
Nashville is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games when playing Winnipeg
Nashville is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games when playing Winnipeg
The total has gone OVER in 7 of Nashville's last 10 games when playing Winnipeg
Nashville is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games when playing on the road against Winnipeg
Nashville is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games when playing on the road against Winnipeg
Winnipeg Jets
Winnipeg is 6-1 ATS in its last 7 games
Winnipeg is 18-4 SU in its last 22 games
The total has gone UNDER in 8 of Winnipeg's last 12 games
Winnipeg is 4-2 ATS in its last 6 games at home
Winnipeg is 13-1 SU in its last 14 games at home
The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Winnipeg's last 7 games at home
Winnipeg is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games when playing Nashville
Winnipeg is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games when playing Nashville
The total has gone OVER in 7 of Winnipeg's last 10 games when playing Nashville
Winnipeg is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games when playing at home against Nashville
Winnipeg is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games when playing at home against Nashville

Can'tPickAWinner
05-07-2018, 07:04 PM
DONNY ACTION

MLB NEW YORK METS ‑105

Can'tPickAWinner
05-07-2018, 07:04 PM
First Half Sports

MLB ST. LOUIS CARDINALS ‑130

Can'tPickAWinner
05-07-2018, 07:05 PM
JTG SPORTS

NHL WINNIPEG JETS ‑1.5 +195

Can'tPickAWinner
05-07-2018, 07:05 PM
Lasvegasmoneymachine

MLB MINNESOTA TWINS +120

Can'tPickAWinner
05-07-2018, 07:06 PM
Monster Sports Picks

MLB MINNESOTA TWINS +120

Can'tPickAWinner
MVP Lock Club

NHL WINNIPEG JETS ‑160

Can'tPickAWinner
Picks 2 Play

MLB TEXAS RANGERS ‑105

Can'tPickAWinner
Pinnacle Sports Picks

NHL WINNIPEG JETS ‑160

Can'tPickAWinner
05-07-2018, 07:07 PM
Power Play Wins

NHL WINNIPEG JETS ‑160

Can'tPickAWinner
Pure Lock

Can'tPickAWinner
R and R Totals

MLB HOUSTON ASTROS/OAKLAND ATHLETICS +100 u8.5

Can'tPickAWinner
RippleSports

MLB OAKLAND ATHLETICS +1.5

Can'tPickAWinner
05-07-2018, 07:08 PM
Shadow Sports Syndicate

Can'tPickAWinner
Smart Sports Investments

NBA BOSTON CELTICS +6 ‑110

Can'tPickAWinner
Team Underground

NHL PITTSBURGH PENGUINS ‑200

Can'tPickAWinner
Tommy King Wins

MLB TEXAS RANGERS +100

Can'tPickAWinner
05-07-2018, 07:09 PM
Top Shelf Sports Pick

NHL PITTSBURGH PENGUINS ‑180

Can'tPickAWinner
Total Winner Sports

MLB CHICAGO CUBS ‑235

Can'tPickAWinner
Tys Terrific Tips

NBA CLEVELAND CAVALIERS ‑5

Can'tPickAWinner
Vegas Investment Picks

NHL WINNIPEG JETS ‑150

Can'tPickAWinner
Vegas Sports Picks

MLB DETROIT TIGERS/TEXAS RANGERS o9.5

Can'tPickAWinner
05-07-2018, 07:10 PM
VIP Sports Picks Las Vegas

Can'tPickAWinner
05-07-2018, 07:10 PM
Wise Guy Insider

NBA TORONTO RAPTORS/CLEVELAND CAVALIERS u213.5

Can'tPickAWinner
05-07-2018, 07:11 PM
Jimmy Boyd May 07 '18, 8:15 PM in 1h
MLB | MIN vs STL
Play on: UNDER 9 -110

Free Pick on Twins/Cards UNDER
I'm recommending a play on the UNDER in Monday's interleague action between the Twins and Cardinals. I just feel there's more than enough value here with the number that's been set. St Louis is coming off a 14-inning game last night against rival Chicago and it wouldn't surprise me if the Cardinals position players were a bit flat in this one.
At the same time, I think we have a better starting pitching matchup than most would think. Minnesota is turning to one of the better young prospects in the game in Fernando Romero, who will be making his second big league start. His first was rock-solid, as he allowed just 4 hits over 5 2/3 scoreless innings of work. St Louis will counter with John Grant, who has started before and pitched effectively.
History is also on our side. The UNDER is a perfect 10-0 in the last 10 meetings between the Cardinals and Twins, with a perfect 8-0 record in the last 8 games played in St Louis! Take the UNDER!

Can'tPickAWinner
05-07-2018, 07:11 PM
Mark Wilson May 07 '18, 8:15 PM in 1h
MLB | Twins vs Cardinals
Play on: Twins +131 at GTBets

Free Play on Twins +131

Can'tPickAWinner
05-07-2018, 07:12 PM
Jack Jones May 07 '18, 8:15 PM in 1h
MLB | Twins vs Cardinals
Play on: Twins +123 at 5Dimes

Jack’s Free Pick Monday: Minnesota Twins +123
The St. Louis Cardinals are in a very tough spot tonight. They are coming off 10-inning and 14-inning wins over the Cubs on Saturday and Sunday en route to a series sweep. Not only is this a letdown spot for them, but their bullpen is gassed.
The Cardinals will call upon John Gant to make his first big league start this year. They also recently lost catcher Yadier Molina to a groin injury that will sideline him for a month. Molina started 30 of the first 31 games of the season for the Cardinals and is their team leader. His presence behind home plate will be missed moving forward.
Minnesota will counter with rookie Fernando Romero, who came into the season rated as a Top 100 prospect. He fired 5 2/3 scoreless innings against Toronto in his only start this season on May 2nd to earn the win in a 4-0 Minnesota victory.
The Twins are 10-2 (+9.4 units) in May road games over the last two seasons. Minnesota is 12-3 in its last 15 interleague games. The Twins are 8-1 in their last nine interleague games vs. a team with a winning record. Bet the Twins Monday.

Can'tPickAWinner
Dana Lane May 07 '18, 8:35 PM in 1h
NBA | Raptors vs Cavs
Play on: UNDER 214 -107

Can'tPickAWinner
Totals Guru May 07 '18, 10:05 PM in 3h
MLB | HOU vs OAK
Play on: UNDER 8½ -105

Free Total Annihilator On Astros vs A's under 8½ -105

Can'tPickAWinner
Hunter Price May 07 '18, 8:15 PM in 1h
MLB | Twins vs Cardinals
Play on: Twins +122 at BMaker

1* Free Pick on Twins +122

Can'tPickAWinner
Kenny Walker May 07 '18, 8:05 PM in 1h
MLB | Marlins vs Cubs
Play on: Marlins +205 at BMaker

Free Pick on Marlins

Can'tPickAWinner
05-07-2018, 07:13 PM
Info Plays May 07 '18, 8:35 PM in 1h
NBA | Raptors vs Cavs
Play on: Raptors +200 at BetPhoenix

1* Free Play on Raptors +200

Can'tPickAWinner
Doug Upstone May 07 '18, 10:10 PM in 3h
MLB | Nationals vs Padres
Play on: Nationals -165 at BMaker

On Monday night in baseball, Play Against NL underdogs with a money line of +150 or more like SAN DIEGO, hitting .255 or less, against a pitcher whose ERA is 3.70 or lower, with a starting pitcher whose gives up 0.5 or less HR's/start. In the last five years, this situation is 94-21, 81.7 percent.

Can'tPickAWinner
Sal Michaels May 07 '18, 10:05 PM in 3h
MLB | HOU vs OAK
Play on: UNDER 8½ -105

Free Play on Astros vs A's under 8½ -105

Can'tPickAWinner
Dave Price May 07 '18, 10:10 PM in 3h
MLB | Nationals vs Padres
Play on: Padres +159 at YouWager

Dave’s Monday Free Play:
1* on San Diego Padres +159
The Key: I like the price we are getting with the San Diego Padres as big home underdogs to the Washington Nationals tonight. Tyson Ross has simply been too good to be this big of a dog. Ross is 2-2 with a 3.28 ERA and 1.18 WHIP in 6 starts this year with 40 strikeouts in 35 2/3 innings. His last three starts have come on the road against Arizona, Colorado and San Francisco, and he sports a 3.06 ERA with 26 strikeouts in 17 2/3 innings over those 3 starts. Ross is 2-0 with a 2.25 ERA in his two home starts this year. The Padres are 7-0 in Ross’ last 7 starts when working on 5 days of rest. Take San Diego.

Can'tPickAWinner
Pro Computer Gambler May 07 '18, 9:40 PM in 2h
NHL | Predators vs Jets
Play on: Jets -1½ +201 at pinnacle

NHL SYSTEM OF THE DAY: In database history, dogs or home favorites off of a win or close loss as road dogs are just 1395-1800 (43.7%, -276.07 units, +113.25 unit fade) in their next. (Jets)Since 2016, PCG NHL RAW NUMBERS (All 'Basics')
are now currently, 627-465 +233.55 units +22.5% roi SU

Can'tPickAWinner
05-07-2018, 07:14 PM
Sean Murphy May 07 '18, 9:40 PM in 2h
NHL | Predators vs Jets
Play on: UNDER 6 -110

Monday NHL Free play. My selection is on the 'under' between Nashville and Winnipeg at 9:40 pm et on Monday.
After a scoreless first period, the Jets exploded in the second period en route to a high-scoring, lopsided victory in Game 5 of this series on Saturday night, setting up an elimination game for the Predators on Monday.
I'm expecting things to tighten up considerably here as the Preds obviously find themselves in a must-win situation while the Jets will want no part of going back to Nashville for a seventh and deciding game.
Keep in mind, the last game played here in Winnipeg saw just three total goals. This series has been difficult to predict from a totals perspective but with the oddsmakers shifting the number north by a half-goal following Saturday's high-scoring result, I see this as a good opportunity to back the 'under' in this critical game in the series. Take the under (8*).

Can'tPickAWinner
John Martin May 07 '18, 8:05 PM in 1h
MLB | Tigers vs Rangers
Play on: Tigers -100 at pinnacle

1 Unit FREE PLAY on Detroit Tigers +100
The Detroit Tigers have a big-time edge on the mound tonight that has them worthy of backing at even money against the Texas Rangers. Michael Fulmer has been rock solid for two straight seasons. He is 1-2 with a 2.80 ERA in six starts this season for the Tigers and has been one of their biggest bright spots. Matt Moore is 1-4 with a 7.94 ERA and 1.94 WHIP in six starts for the Rangers. Fulmer is 1-1 with a 3.21 ERA and 1.00 WHIP in two previous starts against Texas. Moore is 0-1 with an 8.30 ERA and 2.54 WHIP in two previous starts against Detroit. Give me the Tigers.

Can'tPickAWinner
ASA May 07 '18, 8:15 PM in 1h
MLB | Twins vs Cardinals
Play on: Twins +123 at 5Dimes

ASA FREE PLAY on Minnesota Twins Money Line (+) over St Louis Cardinals, Monday at 8:10 PM ET

The Cardinals could be "spent" after rallying for back to back dramatic extra innings wins over the rival Cubs both Saturday and Sunday to complete the rare 3-game sweep of their biggest rivals! Now the Cards hand the ball to John Gant after their marathon game last night (14 innings). Gant has only made 9 starts at the MLB level and those have averaged just 4 innings per start. It is quite likely that a worn out Cardinals bullpen will be exposed by a short outing from Gant and he is just 2-5 with a 4.61 ERA in his MLB career. As for the Twins Fernando Romero, the hard-throwing right-hander was solid in his MLB debut last week. Romero was already pitching very well at the AAA level this season and he had thrown 8 scoreless innings in spring training as well. The Twins have won 3 straight games and are catching the Cardinals at the right time for an upset. FREE PLAY: Bet Minnesota as an underdog on the money line in evening action Monday!

Can'tPickAWinner
Dennis Macklin May 07 '18, 8:05 PM in 1h
MLB | Tigers vs Rangers
Play on: Tigers -102 at pinnacle

DMack's Free Play for Monday, May 7, 2018 is on the Detroit Tigers (Fulmer Listed)
These are two pretty bad teams but I know that we get the best of the pitching angle with Detroit's Michael Fulmer who has done it for almost two years and has deserved better. The ultra-consistent righty has three no-decisions in his L3 starts despite a 1.89 ERA and the thanks to him, the 14-19 Tigers are 3-3 in his personal starts. Matt Moore is not long for the Texas Rangers or the MLB rocking an an 0-1, 13.00 ERA over his last two starts and the Rangers have lost 6 of 8 overall and are just 2-9 in series openers. If Motown can scratch out some runs, Fulmer will make the work. Take Detroit.