PDA

View Full Version : Saturday 1/15/22 Free Plays / Trends / Betting Info / Etc

Can'tPickAWinner
01-10-2022, 10:26 PM
Members post your personal plays in the various sports forums @ IWS and our betting trackers!

NFL
http://www.investwithsports.com/newf...3-NFL-Football (http://www.investwithsports.com/newforum/forumdisplay.php?53-NFL-Football)

College Football
http://www.investwithsports.com/newf...-NCAA-Football (http://www.investwithsports.com/newforum/forumdisplay.php?54-NCAA-Football)

Baseball
http://www.investwithsports.com/newf...57-ML-Baseball (http://www.investwithsports.com/newforum/forumdisplay.php?57-ML-Baseball)

College Basketball
http://www.investwithsports.com/newf...CAA-Basketball (http://www.investwithsports.com/newforum/forumdisplay.php?55-NCAA-Basketball)

NBA
http://www.investwithsports.com/newf...NBA-Basketball (http://www.investwithsports.com/newforum/forumdisplay.php?56-NBA-Basketball)

NHL
http://www.investwithsports.com/newf...?58-NHL-Hockey (http://www.investwithsports.com/newforum/forumdisplay.php?58-NHL-Hockey)

Can'tPickAWinner
01-15-2022, 09:52 AM
Charles Town (6th) Tweet This, 3-1
(7th) Gran City, 4-1

Delta Downs (1st) Texas Mama, 3-1
(5th) Summer Appeal, 7-2

Fair Grounds (3rd) Chapel Barn, 9-2
(8th) Gambling Cat, 9-2

Golden Gate Fields (7th) Malibu Ghost, 9-2
(9th) El Tenampa, 3-1

Gulfstream Park (1st) Solar Tap, 3-1
(3rd) Perpetual Change, 8-1

Mahoning Valley (3rd) Gray Fashion, 9-2
(5th) Shelley’s Gem, 9-2

Oaklawn Park (5th) Fightingtemptation, 6-1
(9th) Mo Choctaw, 7-2

Sam Houston (1st) Tappin’ the Bling, 7-2
(6th) Vienna Prize, 4-1

Santa Anita (4th) Really Big News, 4-1
(7th) Admirably, 4-1

Sunland Park (5th) Revolt and Riot, 3-1
(7th) Mithqaal, 4-1

Tampa Bay Downs (3rd) Hard Ten, 7-2
(4th) Fall Moon, 5-1

Turfway Park (4th) Sonic City, 5-1
(8th) Jim’s Bronze Star, 5-1

Can'tPickAWinner
01-15-2022, 09:53 AM
Oaklawn Park Picks: Fifth Season S. featured January 15
By J.N. Campbell

Oaklawn Park Picks - Saturday, January 15, 2022

Race 1: 9-2-1/1A-5
Race 2: 2-5-9-7
Race 3: 8-5-6-2
Race 4: 7-1-3-5
Race 5: 4-10-11-8
Race 6: 8-5-3-9
Race 7: 12-6-2-10
Race 8: 9-3-5-4
Race 9: 12-9-2-8
**Most Likely Winner: Switzer #12 (Race 7)**
**Best Value: American Chaos #8 (Race 6)**

Most Likely Winner: (Race 7: Switzer #12, 4/1):

You are probably going to get more than a fair price when it comes to backing this colt for Ron Moquett. Drawn to the 12-hole, some might interpret that as a bad omen. I think it could play into jockey Ramon Vasquez’s hands. His mount that he takes over from David Cabrera does like to set back and bide his time. With a wet track possibly in the cards for Saturday, that might not be the best plan. I am unworried because I think stretching out to a 1 mile is exactly what this one wants to do. By Maclean’s Music, the colt who is part-owned by Bob Lapenta should be able to make a run in the 4-5 path. Let’s let Vasquez do his job. He has ability, and his numbers prove it. Moquett adds “Blinks,” and that should assist too. Watch the tote … anything over 3/1 is an overlay.

Wagering Recommendation: $100 Win, #12

Off-the-Pace Play of the Day: (Race 6: American Chaos #8, 8/1):

Looking for bargains on the boards at Oaklawn is quite a pastime. I think I found a nice one from the DiVito Stable. This colt by Midnight Lute could appear to be more of a turf horse, but I think he has the ability to take this one on the dirt. Last out in Hot Springs, he tried the muddy track in an OC80k event, and was in over his head. Trying this kind of company after starting his career at Arlington in MSW Co. was just not in the cards. I think this is the proper level to drop down into, and though this barn has a small sample of both “claiming starts” and “2nd layoff” stats, it is going to be a nice bet. Francisco Arrieta is a rider upgrade … no doubt about that. If you get 8/1, that looks to be a gift to my eyes.

Wagering Recommendation: $100 Bankroll, Graduated Wager WPS #8 ($10-W, $15-P, $75-S)

Spotlight Race of the Day: (Race 8: Dirt, Fifth Season S. $150k, 4+):

It might be a mess of a track on Saturday, but it will not a race to miss. This is a good field that has drawn in for what is an island hop into the Grade 3 Razorback S. @OP. With a talented group of trainers, jockeys, and horses in here, it is sure to be an interesting one to wager and watch. I am particularly keen to see Jeff Bloom’s Snapper Sinclair #3 get back to the dirt. This is a versatile son of City Zip with some major versatility and experience (36/7-9-4). A little over a year ago, he was at Oaklawn, winning an OC80k event going this very distance. That was a prep for a trip to Dubai to compete in the Godolphin Mile (G2). After a solid ’21, Bloom’s Team (Asmussen) brings him back to Hot Springs where his on-track record is not too shabby (9/2-3-1). It is too bad Joel Rosario is over on Brad Cox’s Concert Tour #5 because he knows “Snapper” very well. One to watch … As for who will be the favorite, it is going to be Cox’s new acquisition. The colt by Street Sense was in Bob Baffert’s keep in ’21, created some buzz when he won the Rebel S. (G2) @OP. Missing KYD147 was a bummer, but his finish in the Preakness (9th) was even more so. Gary and Mary West made the call to move their prize to Brad Cox, and off since last May, this will be his 1st start. If he can come off-the-bench and run to his potential, then he could be a force to be reckoned with. Rosario … Cox … this pair can be a juggernaut. One other entry that piques my interest, and probably deserves to be on my ticket, is John Ortiz’s Mucho #9. This 6-yr-old deserves respect, and looks to be in his prime. The change to Florent Geroux (since Reylu Gutierrez is @FG) is a great move. He knows how to hustle his mount up into contention early or late in the game. That runner will help round out what will be a nice score!

Wagering Recommendation: $2 Trifecta Box, 3/5/9

Can'tPickAWinner
01-15-2022, 11:28 AM
Santa Anita Picks: Cal Cup Turf Edition for January 15
By J.N. Campbell

Santa Anita Picks – Saturday, January 15, 2022

Race 1: 3-5-2-1
Race 2: 7-3-1-2
Race 3: 5-1-4-3
Race 4: 7-4-1-2
Race 5: 2-5-3-4
Race 6: 3-2-8-6
Race 7: 2-4-1-8
Race 8: 3-9-12-2
Race 9: 8-3-4-1
Race 10: 9-11-7-1
**Most Likely Winner: Colt Fiction #8 (Race 9)**
**Best Value: Precious Insight #9 (Race 10)**

Most Likely Winner: (Race 6: Aligato #3, 7/2):

While this race has its share of experienced turfers, I would not say that there is an overt amount of class afoot here. That is precisely why I would like to back Mark Glatt’s ladder-climbing gelding by Kitten’s Joy. Last out, this gelding just missed by a whisker in a turf sprint at the OC20k level on New Year’s Day at Santa Anita. That kind of late kick that he exhibited was something to behold. Now, on the “step up,” Glatt gets Flavien Prat to take over the riding chores from JJ Hernandez. I do not see why a distance test like this one at the “Non-G” level cannot turn into a signature “win.” At odds hovering around 7/2, that sounds like a wager to me!

Wagering Recommendation: $100 Win, #3

Off-the-Pace Play of the Day: (Race 8: Super Game #3, 10/1):

With a large field, this race is going to be one to handicap. If you get a nice price, then it could yield a major payoff. For my money, I am going to turn to a rider who once dominated … I mean dominated … the Hillside Turf Course at Santa Anita. I can remember when then bug boy Drayden Van Dyke ruled the roost. He was aggressive, creative, and when it counted, he was there in the end. Trainer Brian Koriner has kept this filly by Super Saver fit throughout the year, and the best news … she has a win down one of the most unique courses in the world. Maybe Van Dyke can channel some of that old magic … if he can, it might be a great score for these connections at odds that are sure to be double-digits.

Wagering Recommendation: $100 Bankroll, Graduated Wager WPS #8 ($10-W, $15-P, $75-S)

Spotlight Race of the Day: (Race 10: Turf, 1 Mile, Leigh Ann Howard California Cup Oaks, $200k, 3F):

The “spotlight” race on this Cal Cup afternoon is this $200k race, which is sure to be a good one for turf enthusiasts who like to wager on races. Of course, Eddie Truman will probably have the favorite in Professor’s Pride #7. This filly by Bayern is undefeated, and most will be impressed by her last effort over the dirt at Los Al. Her pedigree speaks to turf, but let’s face it, she may not care for the green. I know Umberto Rispoli is a fine actor in the saddle in SoCal, but that does not assure this one of a victory. The same could be said for Phil D’Amato’s Rose Dawson #11. Even though she gets Flavien Prat, you might need to be wary of her abilities on this new surface. She did well in her debut at Los Al, breaking her maiden 1st out. As for a top selection, I am going with a rank outsider from the Solis Barn. No, it is not Madiha #5. That filly has promise; rather, I like the look of Precious Insight #9. This daughter of Mohaymen has turf experience dating back to the summer at Del Mar, but one of her efforts did come at this distance at Santa Anita. She rated well in that event (losing to Vivacious Vanessa #3), and then came back to win in a MSW 70k @DMR. The class hike is going to be a challenge, but it is not impossible. The veteran, Victor Espinoza gets the call, and he has had his share of turf racing upsets over the years (I was thinking of Astronaut this past year who made it to the Breeders’ Cup). Let’s put this one on a ticket, and hope she ends up on top!

Wagering Recommendation: $2 Trifecta Box, 7/9/11

Can'tPickAWinner
01-15-2022, 11:29 AM
Free Winners for Saturday, January 15th 2022 from THE LEGEND!
FREE HORSE PICKS
TAMPA BAY DOWNS
RACE #6
TIME: 2:50 PM EST
PICK: BET #4 Goddess of Fire 9/2 odds to win @ Bovada (http://record.bettingpartners.com/_pO1vV3scjG8UbyPgnoR23mNd7ZgqdRLk/1/)

Can'tPickAWinner
01-15-2022, 11:29 AM
Best Horse Racing Bets for Saturday, January 15, 2022
By J.W. Paine in Horse Racing

Nine of the eleven races I assess for my Saturday picks are stakes races, with Santa Anita generously providing five, while Tampa Bay Downs, yielded three—and even Turfway Park gave up a stakes race that just happen to feature an honest-to-gosh 20/1 longshot for me to tout.

You can always check my math with a quick review of the full race-cards for all three tracks at our best horseracing wagering sites.

Good luck!
Saturday’s Picks for Santa Anita Park

We start on the dirt track with race three—the California Cup Derby, a $200,000 purse, 1-1/16 miles stakes rase for California-bred or -sired three-year-old’s. My money’s on the 5/2 second-favored Finneus, ridden by John R. Velazquez.

This colt finished in the money six of his seven career starts, winning two—including the Golden State Juvenile Stakes (Black Type) at Del Mar in November. Last year he also finished second in both the Best Pal Stakes (Grade II) and the Del Mar Futurity (Grade I). In this six-horse field, he’s the obvious star.

Walther Solis trains Finneus for owners Naseer Mohammed Fasihuddin, Terry C. Lovingier, and Amanda Navarro.

We’re switching to the turf for race six, the Unusual Heat Turf Classic Stakes—a $200,000 purse, 1-1/8 miles run for California-bred or -sired four-year-old’s and upward. I’m calling this race for one of the third-favored (the morning line has two at 7/2) Camino Del Paraiso, with Ricardo Gonzalez in the irons.

While this nine-year-old gelding is the most senior of a nine-horse field, he proven in the past twelve months that he’s still got the chops, finishing in the money three of his four 2021 starts, winning two–the Rolling Green Stakes (Black Type) in September and the Joseph T. Grace Stakes (Black Type) in early November. Later that same month, he finished second in the Berkeley Handicap (Grade III).

O.J. Jauregui trains Camino Del Paraiso (his top-earning horse) for Paradise Road Ranch, LLC.

We’re still on the turf for race eight, the Sunshine Millions Filly and Mare Turf Sprint Stakes—a $150,000, 6-1/2 furlong run for California-bred or -sired fillies and mares four years old and upward.
While I’m impressed with Leggs Galore, the second-favored entry in this race, I can’t deny that the 5/2 morning-line favorite is the right bet: Warren’s Showtime, with top jockey Juan J. Hernandez aboard.

This five-year-old mare has earned her status, finishing in the money for all nine of her 2021 starts, winning two of them—the Wilshire Stakes (Grade III) in June and the California Distaff Handicap (Black Type) in October. All nine of those races were stakes runs, four of them graded.

For the record, Warren’s Showtime moneyed 22 of her 24 career starts, winning eight.

Craig Anthony Lewis trains Warren’s Showtime for owners Benjamin C. Warren and Sally Warren.

Back on the dirt track for race nine, we’ve got the Don Valpredo California Cup Sprint Stakes, a $150,000 purse, six-furlong run for California-bred or -sired four-year-old’s and upward.
I agree with the morning line on this race, and I’m buying a win ticket on the 9/5 favorite, Brickyard Ride, piloted by Juan J. Hernandez.

This five-year-old finished in the money 11 of his 18 career starts, winning eight, including the Don Valpredo California Cup Sprint Stakes (Black Type) last January, the San Carlos Stakes (Grade II) last March, and the Thor’s Echo Stakes (Black Type) last June.

Craig Anthony Lewis trains Brickyard Ride for owner-breeder Alfred Pais.

We’re on the turf again for race ten, the Leigh Ann Howard California Cup Oaks, a $200,000 purse, one-mile run for California-bred or -sired three-year-old fillies.

I’m calling this one for the 5/2 favorite, Professors’ Pride, with top jockey Umberto Rispoli in the irons.

This filly won both of her career starts—her initial maiden attempt at Del Mar in November and the Soviet Problem Stakes (Black Type) at Los Alamitos in December. She’s the best this 12-horse field has to offer.

Longtime horseracing veteran Eddie Truman trains Professor’s Pride for Academic Farms.
My Saturday Picks for Tampa Bay Downs

Let’s start on the dirt track with race five—the Pasco Stakes, a $125,000 purse, seven-furlong run for three-year-old’s. I’m betting my two dollars on the 2/1 morning-line favorite, Cattin, with veteran jockey Samy Camacho aboard.

This colt finished in the money three of his four career starts, winning two, including his initial maiden run as well as the Inaugural Stakes (Black Type) in December here at Tampa Bay Downs. He also finished third out of ten in the FTBOA Florida Sire In Reality Stakes (Black Type) at Gulfstream Park in September. He’ll do.

Ralph E. Nicks trains Cattin for owners Corinne Heiligbrodt, L. William Heiligbrodt, and Spendthrift Farm LLC.

Race six is the Gasparilla Stakes, a $125,000 purse, seven-furlong run on the dirt track for three-year-old fillies. I’m betting on the second-favored (at 5/2) Strategic Bird, ridden by Antonio A. Gallardo.
This filly won both of her career starts, including her initial maiden run and the Sandpiper Stakes (Black Type) in December. Those victories give her a slight statistical edge over the formidable morning-line favorite, Outfoxed.

Hall of Famer Mark E. Casse trains Strategic Bird for owner Gary Barber. Casse had Gallardo saddle Strategic Bird for the Sandpiper Stakes victory.

Race nine is the Wayward Lass Stakes, a $50,000 purse, 1-1/16 miles race on the dirt track for fillies and mares four years old and upward. I’m buying a win ticket on the 12/1 underdog Special Princess, piloted by Chantal Sutherland.

This four-year-old filly was a long time getting to the fair, but she’s made up for that in the past twelve months, winning the Gasparilla Stakes (Black Type) last January, then finishing fourth (of seven) in the Suncoast Stakes (Listed) in February, and another fourth (of eleven) in the Stonehedge Farm South Sophomore Fillies Stakes (Black Type) in March.

For the record, Special Princess moneyed four of her nine career starts, winning two.

Christopher Duncan trains Special Princess for owner-breeder J D Farms.
Saturday Picks for Turfway Park

Let’s start on the all-weather track with race two, a one-mile claiming race for four-year-olds that have never won two races. My bet is on the 8/1 sleeper, The Blue Dragon, piloted by Ferrin Peterson.

This five-year-old gelding has the best stats in this ten-horse field, with four money finishes in six career starts, one of those a win.

Sarah Hamilton trains The Blue Dragon for owners Timber Town Stable, William S. Sparks, and Robert S. Evans.
You may also want to consider placing a value show bet on the 15/1 Alpha Dog, with veteran jockey John McKee aboard. This Eric R. Reed-trained five-year-old gelding moneyed five of his nine career starts, winning one.

Race six is the Likely Exchange Stakes, a $100,000 purse, one mile run on the all-weather track for fillies and mares four years old and upward. I like the 20/1 longshot, Bumble of Love, ridden by John McKee.

This five-year-old mare actually has the best statistical record in this ten-horse field: Eight money finishes in 13 career starts, five of those wins, including the Peony Stakes (Black Type) at Indiana Grand Race Course last August. She also finished third (of eight) in the Cardinal Stakes (Black Type) in October.

In comparison, the 3/1 favorite—New Roo—finished in the money ten of her 16 career starts, winning four, none of which was a stakes-level race.

Brian Michael trains Bumble of Love for owner Andrew C. Ritter.

Race seven is a one-mile allowance run on the all-weather track for four-year-old’s and upward. I’m betting my two dollars on one of the second-favored entries (there are two in this race at 4/1): Can’t Hide From Me, with E. T. Baird in the irons.
This six-year-old gelding finished in the money 18 of his 27 career starts, winning nine. Versus this otherwise unimpressive 14-horse field, he’ll do.

Larry Rivelli trains Can’t Hide From Me for owners Down The Stretch Racing Stables, Inc. (Larry Rivelli), Homer Schafer, and Robert Sulzberger Jr. Incidentally, 2021 was Baird’s winningest year in his 35+ years as a professional jockey.

Can'tPickAWinner
01-15-2022, 11:33 AM
Gulfstream Park Selections for January 15, 2022 – Horse Racing Picks

By Kyle E in Horse Racing — Jan 15th, 2022 1:51am PST

Gulfstream Park Selections for January 15, 2022 – Horse Racing Picks

The Saturday card isn’t action-packed with big-time stakes racing, but it’s a decent card with plenty of options. There are five racecourses in the US with stakes races on the card Saturday. The biggest of which is at Santa Anita Park with three $200,000 stakes events.

Industry Leading 9% Cashback!

There is the California Derby, Leigh Ann Howard California Cup Oaks, and Unusual Heat Turf Classic at Santa Anita in Arcadia on Saturday afternoon. The biggest race outside of Santa Anita is at Oaklawn Park with the $150,000 Fifth Season Stakes.

Our first look is at Gulfstream Park, the home of the Pegasus at the end of the month. Gulfstream has $550,000 in prize money on the table in Hallandale Beach today. Head below for our best Gulfstream Park picks on January 15, 2022.
Taking Your Horse Race Betting to the Next Level
Race 3
(1) Mighty Tough
+350 (7/2)
(2) Congrats Again
+500 (5/1)
(3) Sir Terre
+1200 (12/1)
(4) Superposition
+600 (6/1)
(5) Conglomerate
+120 (6/5)
(6) Claude Ray
+3000 (30/1)
(7) Shimmering Light
+600 (6/1)
(8) Perpetual Change
+800 (8/1)

Post Time: 12:58 p.m. EST
Distance:1 1/16 Miles
Purse:$25,000

Race 3 is a $25,000 event on the dirt covering 1 1/16 miles. Mighty Tough and Conglomerate should be the ones to watch on the synthetic track in this assignment.

Mighty Tough is winless in ten races, with some fine results as of late. He’s gone 3rd, 4th, 2nd in his last three races.

In his most recent, Mighty Tough placed 2nd behind Mack by a neck for a $23,000 purse on December 26.

After Mighty Tough finished 4th in a $32,000 event, he looked much better down to $23,000. This should be another competitive attempt from Mighty Tough.

Conglomerate has finished 3rd, 5th, 2nd, 6th, 5th in five assignments. He placed 2nd behind Abaan in a $100,000 race on September 6 at Saratoga. That was an impressive effort.

In his latest race, Conglomerate was 5th in an $80,000 event on November 18. More was expected, though he’s dropping far down to $25,000 for Saturday’s assignment. He should be tough to beat on these terms.
The Bet
(5) CONGLOMERATE
+120
Place Bet Now!
Race 6
(1) Sir Ollie
+400 (4/1)
(2) Big Venezuela
+350 (7/2)
(3) Shamrocket
+120 (6/5)
(4) Nacho Papa
+1500 (15/1)
(5) Braccio Di Ferro
+2000 (20/1)
(6) Hercules
+1200 (12/1)
(7) Gloria of Florida
+450 (9/2)

Post Time: 2:31 p.m. EST
Distance: 1 ⅛ Miles
Purse:$75,000

Race 6 is a $75,000 event covering 1 ⅛ miles on the dirt. Sir Ollie and Shamrocket should be tough to beat in this race.

Sir Ollie has a 50% success rate through four attempts, finishing 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 1st in four outings. He is coming off a 3 length win over Tiger for a $54,000 purse.

That was after showing 3rd on March 5 for a $44,000 prize. The break did Sir Ollie well in my view. Expect Shamrocket to give Sir Ollie a big challenge in this one.

Shamrocket is 4 for 21 and coming off a stakes race on November 20. He finished 5th in the $200,000 Red Smith Stakes (Gr. 2).

This was after a half-length win over Beacon Hill in the $100,000 Point of Entry Stakes on October 24. Down to $75,000 from a Grade 2 race, expect something from Shamrocket and a likely win.
The Bet
(3) SHAMROCKET
+120
Place Bet Now!
Race 7
(1) Sanura
+1200 (12/1)
(2) Copacetic
+160 (8/5)
(3) Black Sand
+400 (4/1)
(4) Maria’s Revenge
+1000 (10/1)
(5) Starship Unica
+2000 (20/1)
(6) Queen of Lies
+1000 (10/1)
(7) Ventriloquist
+800 (8/1)
(8) Fast as Flight
+300 (3/1)

Post Time: 3:05 p.m. EST
Purse:$60,000

Race 7 is a $60,000 event covering 1 1/16 miles on the all-weather track. Look for Black Sand and Copacetic to have a solid performance in this outing.

Black Sand is winless in four races in her career. She has finished 3rd, 4th, 2nd, 5th in her last four races. The filly placed 2nd behind Community Adjusted by 1 ¾ lengths for a $90,000 prize two races back on May 20.

Black Sand came back to finish 5th on June 17 in a $90,000 assignment. Down to $60,000, he warrants some respect at this level. Copacetic looks like her biggest foe in this one.

Copacetic has finished 7th, 2nd, 2nd in her career, placing 2nd in back-to-back events on March 6 and October 28.

She finished a half-length behind Final Belle for a $55,000 purse and then followed up with a neck loss in an $84,000 race. This looks like the best filly of the bunch in Race 7.
The Bet
(2) COPACETIC
+160

Can'tPickAWinner
01-15-2022, 11:34 AM
Weekend GamePlan for Jan. 15, 2022: Picks for Fifth Season, California Cup Oaks, Gasparilla
Marcus HershJan 13, 2022

Three Santa Anita races came under consideration for this week’s stakes-handicapping exercise, but we’ll spread the wealth instead, with stops in Arkansas and Florida.

Fifth Season

I dove into this race with Silver Prospector on my mind, having noticed his sharp workout times at Fair Grounds several weeks ago and kind of figuring he was aimed toward this spot. But upon swimming through the data, I came up with the other Steve Asmussen entrant, the venerable Snapper Sinclair.

First, we have to talk about the presumed favorite, Concert Tour, who gave hints he might be a serious Triple Crown horse for 2021 before things really went off the rails. Concert Tour is 5-2 on the morning line, and if connections are high on him, he’ll be shorter than that.

It’s hard to imagine Mucho being as short as the 7-2 second choice (won’t Thomas Shelby fill that role?), but Mucho is a key to the way this race gets run. Thomas Shelby surely goes winging from the rail, and if Mucho, stretching out from sprints, doesn’t run with him, he can lead all the way, especially if the track is wet.

Concert Tour himself possesses ample speed, but will his camp want him battling on the lead first time back from such an extended layoff? That’s hard to see, and if Mucho latches onto Thomas Shelby, Concert Tour could fall into a sweet stalking trip, but I still don’t want him at the expected odds.

:: DRF Bets players get free Daily Racing Form Past Performances and up to 5% weekly cashback. Click to learn more.

Snapper Sinclair might also find himself sitting pretty just behind dueling leaders, and his win price could be three times that of Concert Tour. Snapper Sinclair is a 7-year-old now, but he showed plenty of spark just three starts ago, running competitively with subsequent Breeders’ Cup Turf Sprint runner-up Lieutenant Dan. Snapper’s BC Dirt Mile went wrong from the start (and he had no chance with Life Is Good in any case) and he clearly disdained the Tapeta last out at Turfway, his synthetic-surface debut.

Two winters ago, Snapper Sinclair was beaten a neck in a muddy Fifth Season renewal, and there’s ample evidence that the horse has a real fondness for the surface. Look for a bounce back to form at a fair price.

California Cup Oaks

The Fifth Season holds more general importance, so it went first, but Vivacious Vanessa in the California Cup Oaks represents my strongest opinion this week.

Not only did she rally from far back to win a two-turn Del Mar turf maiden in her career debut (“they” liked her, too, as she was just 3-1), she had to await room past the half-mile pole and again around the three-furlong marker, and her stretch run required two tight moves between rivals. All that, and she won geared down, going away, a performance much stronger than the bare speed figure.

I can understand why connections tried a lucrative Cal-bred dirt sprint stakes next out, but this filly looks more like a grass horse, and, all things considered, she ran just fine in the dirt race. Her work pattern since is excellent and the drills that are available on internet video provide further encouragement. Guessing Vivacious Vanessa takes some action but does not get bet below what I’d consider fair value.

:: Get Daily Racing Form Past Performances – the exclusive home of Beyer Speed Figures.

Gasparilla

Outfoxed is 2-1 on the Tampa morning line, but with Strategic Bird, Goddess of Fire, and even Devine Charger taking money, it’s fair to hope for something a little juicier than that.

Granted, Outfoxed’s two wins at age 2 came in heavily restricted competition, but even accounting for the class of the race, she impressed, especially in her seven-furlong Florida sire stakes romp. She easily won the rich two-turn dirt route to cap her campaign and might wind up a solid middle-distance type, but I liked her better in the longer one-turn race last year, and that’s what she gets to start her 3-year-old campaign.

Keep in mind she broke somewhat flat-footed first time out while chasing Echo Zulu, who will be named champion 2-year-old filly at the Eclipse Awards ceremony next month.

Can'tPickAWinner
01-15-2022, 11:34 AM
Saturday's Horse Racing Tips: January 15th
Stephen Harris
bettingexpert Racing editor

Today’s Racing Tips – January 15th

There are 9 races on ITV on Saturday, with Warwick staging their big meeting of the season with a cracking card. There are three graded races on the card, with all the top stables represented, and the big betting race is likely to be the marathon Classic Chase over 3m5f at 3.00pm. Kempton also has some cracking handicaps on offer, and the recent rain easing the ground should mean that field sizes stand up better than previously this winter.
Saturday ITV Racing Tips
Time Track Selection Analysis
13:18 WARWICK BRAVE SEASCA Venetia Williams course and distance winner is thriving in recent starts, and can handle a jump up in class at Warwick on Saturday.
13:32 KEMPTON CHAMPAGNE COURT This progressive handicapper has been improving run to run this winter, and has optimum conditions now back over fences at Kempton on Saturday.
13:50 WARWICK DOYEN BREED Sandy Thomson has a terrific team of young horses in the yard this season, and his 7-y-o can improve past some slightly more exposed (and higher rated) rivals here now upped to Grade 2 company.
14:05 KEMPTON ELDORADO ALLEN Colin Tizzard’s classy chaser has a good strike rate over fences, and shaped better than the bare result when third behind First Flow at Huntingdon in the Peterborough Chase last time out.
14:25 WARWICK VIVA LAVILLA Dan Skelton’s 6-y-o was not seen to best effect under a negative ride behind Lossiemouth at Sandown in December, but remains with plenty of potential and should relish this step up in trip to 2m5f.
14:40 KEMPTON GELINO BELLA Paul Nicholls novice has been clashing with the Cheltenham bound Blazing Khal on his last two starts, and now starts off in handicaps from a potentially lenient looking opening mark.
15:00 WARWICK ACHILLE Venetia Williams course and distance winner is thriving in recent starts, and can handle a jump up in class at Warwick on Saturday.
15:15 KEMPTON SMARTY WILD This course and distance winner has been improving run to run this winter, and has optimum conditions to bounce back to his very best at Kempton on Saturday.
15:35 WARWICK ALLAPHILLIPE Fergal O’Brien’s progressive performer rounded off a profitable season last time around with a cracking fifth in the Albert Bartlett at Cheltenham, and seems sure to be a force into handicaps from a fair looking mark.
Today’s Daily Nap

VIVA LAVILLA

2:25 pm

Dan Skelton’s 6-y-o was not seen to best effect under a negative ride behind Lossiemouth at Sandown in December, but remains with plenty of potential and should relish this step up in trip to 2m5f.

Odds: 6.50
Today’s Value Angle

ACHILLE

3:00 pm

Venetia Williams course and distance winner is thriving in recent starts, and can handle a jump up in class at Warwick on Saturday.

Odds: 11.0

Best odds available as at 4pm January 14th. Odds may now differ

Can'tPickAWinner
01-15-2022, 11:35 AM
INTERSTATE RACING TIPS – JANUARY 15

RSN927

RSN Form Analyst Kevin Casey covers all the daily racing tips for the NSW meeting at Rosehill on Saturday, January 15.

Along with our Interstate Racing Tips, you’ll find Greyhound and Harness Tips, plus a full preview of every Victorian meeting, each and every day of the week with RSN927’s Expert Tipsters and race-callers.

Rail Position: +3m Entire Circuit
Track Type: Turf
Track Condition: Soft 6
Weather: Overcast
Rosehill Tips

Rosehill, January 15, 2022

Race 1 Selections: 6,5,3,1
Race 2 Selections: 1,6,2,11
Race 3 Selections: 11,4,5,6
Race 4 Selections: 1,6,8,3
Race 5 Selections: 5,8,2,1
Race 6 Selections: 3,8,1,5
Race 7 Selections: 2,1,5,4
Race 8 Selections: 5,2,4,3

Race 9 Selections: 4,11,9,7

Race 10 Selections: 10,6,1,5
Best Bet

Race 1 No6 – Kanazawa
Value

Race 8 No5 – Super Effort
Quaddie

Leg 1 – 1,2,4,5

Leg 2 – 2,3,4,5

Leg 3 – 4,7,9,11

Leg 4 – 1,5,6,10

Sky Racing form analyst Michael Maxworthy has found you all the winners at the feature Gold Coast meeting on Saturday, January 15.

Along with our Interstate Racing Tips, you’ll find Greyhound and Harness Tips, plus a full preview of every Victorian meeting, each and every day of the week with RSN927’s Expert Tipsters and race-callers.

Rail Position: +1.5m 900m-400m; True Remainder
Track Type: Turf
Track Condition: Good 4
Weather: Fine
Michael Maxworthy Gold Coast Tips

Gold Coast, Saturday, January 15

Race 1 Selections: 9,7,8,11
Race 2 Selections: 1,3,2,6
Race 3 Selections: 1,5,2,7
Race 4 Selections: 7,1,3,8
Race 5 Selections: 6,14,4,2
Race 6 Selections: 7,1,2,4
Race 7 Selections: 9,11,12,3

Race 8 Selections: 2,3,6,13

Race 9 Selections: 2,4,1,3

Can'tPickAWinner
01-15-2022, 11:35 AM
Rocket Picks ��: Gulfstream Park, Oaklawn Park, and Santa Anita for January 15, 2021
By: Jared Welch

The weekend is here and we are ready! For the free pick 4, we will head to Oaklawn Park today! We will also be covering Gulfstream Park and Santa Anita for the paid Rockets, so be sure to check those out. The paid Rockets have been on FIRE as of late, so let’s hope we keep that up! Let’s see if we can get this home today.

Below is our free Late Pick 4 for Oaklawn Park:

Oaklawn Park January 15, 2022

Race 6: Claiming

#5 Outasite is clearly the one to beat today if he returns strongly from the layoff. #3 Ernie Banker has strong Oaklawn Park connections, while usually running competitively at this level.

Race 7: Maiden Special Weight
freestar

#10 Blue Norther was decent on debut, taking on tough company at Churchill Downs, and should improve on the stretch out today. #2 Kupuna can definitely win in this spot if he can repeat his last effort, which saw him finish second.

Race 8: Fifth Season Stakes

#5 Concert Tour could be revved up and ready to roll today for new trainer Brad Cox. This horse has a ton of talent, but it all went wrong for him last year. #1 Thomas Shelby will be the one they all have to run down in this spot. He comes into the race running fantastic.

Race 9: Allowance

#2 Mo Choctaw could not have been more impressive on debut last time out. This is the logical next step for him. #12 Gar Hole also was very impressive in his last race, and beat tougher horses than our top choice. This should be a nice duel between the two horses.

THE TICKET
freestar

$.50 Pick 4 (Races 6-9) 2,3,5 / 1,2,10 / 1,5,8 / 2,11,12 – $40.50

Can'tPickAWinner
01-15-2022, 11:36 AM
Robin Goodfellow's Racing Tips: Best bets for Saturday, January 15
By Sam Turner For The Daily Mail

KEMPTON

ROBIN GOODFELLOW

12.20 Glide Down

12.55 Milan Bridge

1.32 Champagne Court

2.05 Mister Fisher

2.40 Marie’s Rock (nb)

3.15 Kitty’s Light

3.50 Royaume Uni

GIMCRACK

12.20 Glide Down

12.55 Milan Bridge

1.32 Kap Auteuil

2.05 Rouge Vif (nap)

2.40 Gelino Bello (nb)

3.15 Kitty’s Light

3.50 Earth Company

CHELMSFORD CITY

ROBIN GOODFELLOW

4.15 Krazy Paving

4.45 Mountbatten

5.15 Shanko

5.45 Copinet

6.15 Jenson Benson

6.45 Rhubarb Bikini

7.15 Kinderfrau

GIMCRACK

4.15 Moveonup

4.45 Stylish Whispa

5.15 Shanko

5.45 Copinet

6.15 Jenson Benson

6.45 Nankeen

7.15 Berrahri

Newmarket – 5.15 Shanko (nb); 6.15 Almaan (nap).

WARWICK

ROBIN GOODFELLOW

12.40 Petrol Head

1.18 Brave Seasca

1.50 Threeunderthrufive

2.25 Surrey Quest

3.00 Gericault Roque

3.35 Riggs (nap)

4.05 Luccia

GIMCRACK

12.40 Petrol Head

1.18 Fast Buck

1.50 Threeunderthrufive

2.25 Surrey Quest

3.00 Padleyourowncanoe

3.35 Sporting John

4.05 Fairly Famous

WETHERBY

ROBIN GOODFELLOW

12.27 Our Jet

1.03 Bold Endeavour

1.39 Flexi Furlough

2.12 Fransham

2.47 Haafapiece

3.23 Camp Belan

3.57 Kalelula

GIMCRACK

12.27 Our Jet

1.03 Escapeandevade

1.39 You Some Boy

2.12 Cornerstone Lad

2.47 Haafapiece

3.23 Glittering Love

3.57 Roc Of Dundee

Northerner – 2.47 Glentruan (nap); 3.23 Morozov Cocktail (nb).

LINGFIELD

ROBIN GOODFELLOW

12.05 Star Of Valour

12.35 Atlanna

1.10 Intervention

1.45 Intuitive

2.20 Fizzy Feet

2.55 Pillars Of Earth

3.30 Devizes

GIMCRACK

12.05 Latent Heat

12.35 Atlanna

1.10 Clegane

1.45 Imperial Sands

2.20 Fizzy Feet

2.55 No Flies On Me

3.30 Gold Standard

Can'tPickAWinner
01-15-2022, 11:36 AM
Scully: Oaklawn, Tampa, Turfway spot plays for Jan. 15
James Scully

Saturday’s stakes offerings include the $150,000 Fifth Season S., which will feature the return of the multiple Grade 2 winner Concert Tour. He’s set to face eight rivals in the mile test at Oaklawn Park.

Along with the Fifth Season, I have spot plays for Tampa Bay Downs and Turfway Park.
Fifth Season S. – Race 8, Oaklawn Park (4:46 p.m. ET)

Concert Tour appears to be training forwardly for new trainer Brad Cox, and has attracted the services of Joel Rosario, but he must run faster to win, earning a career-best 95 Brisnet Speed rating from five starts. His top performances, convincing wins in the Rebel S. (G2) and a maiden special weight, came when leading wire-to-wire, but Thomas Shelby appears to be the one to catch here. I will try to beat Concert Tour.

#3 Snapper Sinclair loves Oaklawn and the mile distance, easily defeating a salty allowance field in his lone Hot Springs appearance last year, and he missed by only a neck in the 2020 Fifth Season over a muddy track. The seven-year-old finished second in the 2020 Cigar Mile (G1) on a sloppy oval, and wet conditions are predicted Saturday.

His strong form last fall earned him a spot in the Breeders’ Cup Dirt Mile (G1), finishing sixth to Life Is Good, and we can throw out Snapper Sinclair’s last effort on a synthetic track. He should be in position to strike turning for home.
Wayward Lass S. – Race 9, Tampa Bay Downs (4:25 p.m. ET)

Fillies and mares will contest the 1 1/16-mile race, and the nine-horse field lacks early speed. #1 Nantucket Red switches surfaces following a nice frontrunning win on Tampa’s turf, her first win since September 2019, and I like her chances on the front end from her innermost post.

Listed at 10-1 on the morning line, Nantucket Red is trained by Michael Wright, who has won all four starts at Tampa this meet.
Likely Exchange S. – Race 6, Turfway Park (8:46 p.m. ET)

An eight-time winner at Turfway, #3 Rogue Too returns off a freshening in the $100,000 Likely Exchange S. The six-year-old mare faced good competition on the turf last fall, and she fired a big effort when returning from a layoff at Turfway last spring. She drew well in post 3 for a stalk-and-pounce trip.
Allowance – Race 7, Turfway Park (9:16 p.m. ET)

Displaying an improved turn of foot in his last three starts, #7 Royne is intriguing in his second start against winners for Michael Dickinson. The Ghostzapper gelding broke his maiden on Aqueduct’s turf two back, rallying past rivals on the far turn, and he made up serious ground before faltering in the final furlongs of his Turfway debut last time.

He will show more on Saturday. Dickinson adds blinkers to keep the four-year-old focused, and Royne has appeal for the vertical exotics at 12-1 on the morning line.

Can'tPickAWinner
01-15-2022, 12:02 PM
Professors' Pride vulnerable in California Cup Oaks
John Mucciolo

A full field of 12 three-year-old fillies will contest Saturday’s $200,000 California Cup Oaks at Santa Anita. The one-mile grassy affair attracted a talented field in what I believe to be a very good betting race. Soviet Problem S. queen #7 Professors’ Pride (5-2) has been excellent from two dominant wins to kick off her career for conditioner Eddie Truman, and she looms as the one to beat off the strength of her victories.

The $60,000 daughter of Bayern debuted at Del Mar on Nov. 14 and ran to her 8-5 odds when posting a sharp win while going six furlongs. Facing stakes foes last time out at Los Alamitos, the well-meant filly led from the break and was never seriously challenged en route to a three-length score. The bay now moves to the lawn for her initial try on the green, and while she hails from a female family full of turf performers, there are still reasons for concern.

Professors’ Pride earned a 90 Brisnet Speed figure on debut, but she regressed to a 75 number in her Los Alamitos performance. She continues to train forwardly this campaign, and though she is bred to be good on the green, the three-year-old has never run or worked on the sod (based on her officially recorded moves). The Golden State-bred lass has endured dream voyages in each of her races to date, to her credit, but she will likely have to deal with adversity for the first time in a big field on Saturday. And her regular pilot Juan Hernandez opted for another contender in the field, as well.

I have a lot of respect for Professors’ Pride and consider her to be a fine prospect who could ultimately be best on the turf as she goes forward. She is quick, has a nice turn of foot, and is bred to improve with more seasoning for a very good horseman. But in this particular spot, I feel that she is a bet against, at expected short odds.

The Cal Cup Oaks gives me the impression of a race where it would be wise to spread with multiple contenders to close out your multi-race wagers. #1 Big Novel (4-1), #3 Vivacious Vanessa (4-1), and #11 Rose Dawson (7-2), are the most logical upsetters in the field, while a case can be made for both #6 Eleuthera (15-1) and #8 Dendera (12-1) for those going deeper in the finale.

Here is how I plan to attack the vertical exotics:
Cal Cup Oaks Wagers

50-cent trifecta: 1,3,11 with 1,3,6,7,8,11 with 1,3,6,7,8,11 ($30)
10-cent superfecta: 1,3,11 with 1,3,6,7,8,11 with 1,3,6,7,8,11 with 1,3,6,7,8,11 ($18)

Can'tPickAWinner
01-15-2022, 12:02 PM
Aqueduct Horses in Focus for Saturday, January 15
Posted on January 14, 2022 by David Aragona

RACE 3: MAKINGCENTS (#1)

Customerexperience has gotten back into top form recently after some inconsistent efforts through the middle of last year. She’s always done some of her best running at Aqueduct and she made a triumphant return to this venue last time, winning decisively. She was racing outside the entire way on Dec. 19, a day that featured a dead rail, so she was with the track bias. She was also going out for the sharp Rob Atras barn that day. She’s now been claimed by William Morey, who himself has had a strong run so far at Aqueduct. She’s handled the one-mile distance in the past and is the horse to beat, but I wouldn’t want to settle for too short a price. I’m highly skeptical of Charge Account, who could also attract support. If she brings her best form she’s going to be a handful in here, but it’s a little hard to trust her as she drops back in for a tag off the layoff. Kelly Breen is 10 for 81 (12%, $1.20 ROI) off 90 to 180 day layoffs over the past 5 years, so there are some reasons to be skeptical that she can deliver her best race. Bee Bit has some appeal based on her recent dirt form, but Chris Englehart has very poor numbers first off the claim with dirt routers. I want to give a shot to Makingcents on the dropdown. She clearly hasn’t looked like the same horse after her 3-year-old season. However, I thought she showed some signs of life when dropped in for a tag against NY-breds last time. That Dec. 19 race was a strangely run affair where they set a glacial early pace before sprinting home. Notably, this mare was glued to the rail the entire way on a day when all the best running was done on the outside. That effort may be better than it looks, and she figures to be the controlling speed from the inside this time. It’s the last chance for this once classy runner.

RACE 7: GOLDEN PLUME (#1)

My Roxy Girl could go favored here as she steps up in class first off the claim for Linda Rice. Many players will be aware of the fact that she didn’t get the best ride or trip from Raul Mena last time out when she ran here just 7 days ago. She got caught in a pocket early and then found herself in traffic with nowhere to go when trying to split tiring runners in the stretch. It was an awkward trip and she arguably could have won that race with a clean run. However, it’s not as if she’s coming into this race with especially hidden form. She was running well prior to that for Juan Vazquez, and it seems unlikely that Linda Rice will improve a horse who already seemed to be firing on all cylinders. She can obviously win if she merely holds her form, but she’s moving up in class and there are more intriguing options at better prices. Some may be willing to give another shot to More Moonshine, but she’s run out of chances for me. She looked so promising at the start of her career, but she’s failed to recreate that debut performance in three subsequent starts. A couple of runners are switching from turf to dirt for the first time. I’m against Kept Waiting, who could take money due to the fact that she goes out for the hot Rob Falcone barn. She obviously comes off a career-best effort, but I’m not convinced that she’ll handle the main track. I am more optimistic about the dirt prospects of Golden Plume, who also switches surfaces. While her dam Nebraska Tornado was a very good turf horse, they did try her on dirt in the 2004 Breeders’ Cup Distaff. She’s primarily produced turf horses, but this filly is by Candy Ride. Furthermore, she’s always trained exceptionally well on the dirt, appearing to relish this surface in the mornings. She doesn’t have an overly turfy running style, lacking a turn of foot, so perhaps she’ll take to dirt. Chad Brown actually has solid stats making this move with older runners.

RACE 8: THINKING IT OVER (#9)

Moam could vie for favoritism in this Franklin Square off her debut win at Saratoga. While she has that positive experience at the distance, she got a great trip that day, closing into a quick pace. I’m not sure that was the strongest field and I wonder where she’s been for the intervening months. Among the short prices, I prefer Leeloo, who just looks like the horse to beat off her impressive maiden triumph last time out. She may have moved up on the sloppy track, but she had shown some promise in her debut as well. She figures to be forwardly placed early but doesn’t need the lead, and she comes in with the fastest last-out speed figure. Sterling Silver beat Leeloo in her debut and would benefit from a quick pace up front if a few of these fillies decide to knock heads on the lead. She has a right to step forward for a barn that rarely has their firsters cranked up to win on debut. I’m using both of these, but my top pick is Thinking It Over. This Ray Handal trainee was touted on debut when she won an off-the-turf affair against a pretty decent field. She had worked impressively coming into that race and delivered, wearing down a fellow first time starter through the lane. Horses have come back out of that race to run reasonably well and I like that she showed the ability to rate from an outside post position. She’s continued to post some fast workout times in the mornings, and I think she’s another who has a right to step forward in her second career start.

Can'tPickAWinner
01-15-2022, 12:03 PM
Betting with, and against, Straight Up G, in the California Cup Derby
John Mucciolo

A field of six California-bred sophomores will go postward in the $200,000 California Cup Derby at Santa Anita on Saturday. The race is led by impressive King Glorious S. star #5 Straight Up G (4-5) from the barn of Richard Baltas. The Jungle Racing homebred has reeled off two facile wins in succession and hopes to make it three in his first try at 1 1/16 miles.
Straight Up G – With

$30 exacta 5 with 3 ($30)

Straight Up G – Against

$30 win #3 Fast Draw Munnings ($30)

Bet Santa Anita Live Racing here!

Straight Up G ran evenly on debut when fourth in a sprint at Santa Anita as an even-money favorite, but the son of Straight Fire showed marked improvement second out when dominating maiden special weight foes at Del Mar. In his route debut at Los Alamitos, while facing stakes foes, the talented bay established the early lead and left little doubt late in his 3 1/2-length romp, which garnered him a solid 92 Brisnet Speed figure in the process.

The morning-line choice has trained well in the interim and the race goes through him and pilot Ricardo Gonzalez. Straight Up G will be formidable with another step forward, but if he regresses any in his second try at The Great Race Place, then #3 Fast Draw Munnings (4-1) will be the most likely upsetter.

Trained by Jeff Mullins, Fast Draw Munnings was a first-out winner and subsequently placed in two stakes, finishing third in both the Golden State Juvenile and King Glorious. By Munnings, the three-year-old has positional speed combined with a turn of foot, and his even third-place result behind the top pick last time out might have been better than it appears on paper.

The bay smoked a swift five-eighths on the course in advance of Saturday, and he will enjoy a fine trip following the favorite every step of the way. Drayden Van Dyke riding adds to his appeal.

I am still not convinced that #4 Finneus (5-2) will do his best work at two turns and consider him a play-against at short odds. The talented Walther Solis pupil had a fine juvenile campaign and is training fast, but I will take a stand against the late runner on this occasion.

Can'tPickAWinner
2022 Gasparilla Stakes Cheatsheet
By TwinSpires Editorial Team, Sponsored Content

By Vance Hanson (TwinSpires)

1. HA’ PENNY (20-1) – She didn’t show much first out when breaking slow and racing far behind a tepid pace on the Tapeta, but follow-up was much better. She showed more early foot and obviously handled the sloppy conditions well enough to post a 17-1 upset. Fast ground, presumably, won’t be a deterrent, and she adds Lasix and retains a favorable inside post. By Medaglia d’Oro and out of a G3-winning mare, she remains with upside.

2. DEVINE CHARGER (4-1) – After starting her career on turf, she’s displayed a lot more promise on dirt in her last two. Edged late at Churchill by Girl With a Dream, who came back to win the Letellier Memorial at Fair Grounds, and last time couldn’t quite get past Strategic Bird after hounding her most of the way. Chance the additional furlong will work better for her this time if she reverts to a stalk-and-pounce strategy, rather than a pressing one. Lots to like in this rematch.

3. SHE NASTY (15-1) – Handles pretty much any non-turf surface you ask her to negotiate, and will to win is obviously there after six starts. The main knock is that most of her wins have been in starter allowances, which she qualified for right away when debuting on June 25. Facing fillies with more of a past in allowances and stakes is a different matter. Stable’s two prior runners this meet ran well, and perhaps capable of picking up some pieces if the pace is hot enough.

4. GODDESS OF FIRE (9-2) – Saratoga grad, a half-sister to multiple G1 winner Mind Control, failed to keep up in two prior stakes attempts. This spot is seemingly easier, though, and every horse Pletcher has run here this winter has been live. That fact, of course, will likely drag her price down below the 9-2 ML, and she will have to step up her game to justify that backing.

5. OUTFOXED (2-1) – Third to likely division champ Echo Zulu first out, she subsequently dominated in both the Susan’s Girl and My Dear Girl legs of the Florida Sires Stakes. Earned relatively strong Brisnet Speed ratings in both, and has so far justified her $360K yearling price. Only concern here is whether she’ll have any fitness issues having not raced in nearly four months, but that’s a minor quibble. Figures tough.

6. PLATINUM GEM (8-1) – Proved too fast for both her maiden and allowance rivals over this track in December, contributing to trainer Bowersock’s hot start to the meet. The downside is that she’ll face a lot more competition in the early stages of this race, while being asked to stretch that good speed of hers through a seventh furlong for the first time. Taking a cautious view as she steps up in class.

7. EROS’S GIRL (15-1) – Finger Lakes grad rebounded nicely at big odds to finish second to Platinum Gem in a Dec. 24 allowance here. However, she encounters the same potential class questions here as that rival, especially after such a dull try in her only prior stakes attempts against New York-breds. Minor share arguably the best-case scenario.

8. STRATEGIC BIRD (5-2) dug in gamely to repel Devine Charger in the Sandpiper S. over six furlongs here on Dec. 4, the kind of race she probably needed to instill toughness after encountering little resistance in her Florida-bred debut. Figures a little busier up front in this race, and she wouldn’t want to get caught up in a contested duel, but outside draw potentially favorable in those circumstances and it gives Gallardo options to test her rating skills if Platinum Gem hits the gas hard leaving the gate. Logical threat.

Can'tPickAWinner
Seoul Saturday: Race-By-Race Preview (January 15)

Saturday’s racing is at Seoul with 9 races from 10:45 to 18:00. All betting locations are open but attendance must be pre-booked through the MyCard app and proof of up to date vaccination against Covid-19 is required. Here are the previews:

Seoul Race 1: Class 6 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 40 Million

Three-year-old maidens to kick things off with three of the twelve racing for the very first time. One of those debut makers is set to be favourite. (10) QUICKLY RUN trialed up very nicely when leading and ultimately running a close 2nd behind an experienced racehorse and ahead of one who has gone on to run 2nd three times. It was all the way back in September, but she will be expected to win first-up here. Much of that is to do with the exposed form of the rest. (1) SKY PANGPANG looks the best of those with experience, having overcome a slow start to run on well for 4th on debut on December 2nd. He gets a netter draw today and with a better start can get closer. (11) BEAT UP didn’t have much luck on debut but looks to have scope to improve. (8) EUNHYE DREAM made steady progress from start one to start two and can maintain that momentum today. Returning to the first-timers, (9) USEUNG BARAM trialed adequately and may be considered first up.
Selections (10) Quickly Run (1) Sky Pangpang (11) Beat Up (8) Eunhye Dream
Next Best 9, 7
Fast Start 3, 5, 6, 10

Seoul Race 2: Class 6 (1200M) Allowance / KRW 25 Million

(7) WARRIOR THUNDER is a warm favourite here. Two starts back he ran 2nd over 1300M and last time out was on pace at this distance, finishing in 4th place and recording a time faster than anything else in this race has achieved. He’ll be on pace again and a similar run in this company can see him win. (3) HAPPY DREAM was stepped up to this distance at start number five on December 12th having previously been so slow she was sent back to trial after all but one previous attempt. She ran better, finishing 3rd in an admittedly pedestrian race, but with some natural improvement, a good draw and Munro remaining aboard, there are reasons to be optimistic here. (9) DREAM SPEED has been consistent if unspectacular across four outings to date. She ran a decent 5th at this distance last time and consistent if unspectacular should be enough to se her to a place here. (5) M J STORM and first-time starter (2) TIZ RUNNER others who can aim for minor money.
Selections (7) Warrior Thunder (3) Happy Dream (9) Dream Speed (5) M J Storm
Next Best 2, 8
Fast Start 2, 6, 9, 7

Seoul Race 3: Class 6 (1200M) Allowance / KRW 25 Million

We’ll take a chance on (1) JILJU BORN here. He races for the first time since last July but is a front-runner who recorded a fast time over 1000M. He trialed up very well in December leading almost the entire way around before crossing the line in 2nd place and from a great inside draw, he may get a soft lead and potentially go all the way. Otherwise, all roads lead to (8) GEUMGUKHWA. She has the fastest time among these at this distance as well as being the only one with a top-two finish to her name. She was difficult to load last time and returned with speedy cuts after being a well beaten odds-on favourite. In this company though she is absolutely worth another chance. Solitary debut-maker (10) DREAM YEOWANG made all to win a Christmas Eve trial and should be in the frame first-up. (4) NEW HOPE and (11) RAON THE WILD are others who can place.
Selections (1) Jilju Born (8) Geumgukhwa (10) Dream Yeowang (4) New Hope
Next Best 11, 12
Fast Start 1, 5, 8, 12

Seoul Race 4: Class 6 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 25 Million

(4) KING CRUSH may not have finished any better than 4th across his five starts to date but he has some very good performances at this distance including a 4th and a 5th from his latest two in good times. He draws nicely today and should be on or close to the place and has solid claims to make his breakthrough here. (6) SOJUNGHAN DANGSIN comes down in trip and, with an apprentice on board, down in the weights too from her 3rd place in a slow race over 1400M on December 11th. That was her best finish to date and nicely in here, she can match or better it. (3) JILJU JEONSA improved into 3rd at his latest start on December 18th when settling in midfield and running on over 1200M. He comes up to this trip or the first time today and it may well suit. (7) GEOSEN GISANG and (11) DANCE MACHINE among others to take into consideration.
Selections (4) King Crush (6) Sojunghan Dangsin (3) Jilju Jeonsa (7) Geosen Gisang
Next Best 11, 9
Fast Start 3, 4, 7, 9

Seoul Race 5: Class 5 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million

A big field here but we’re likely to have a strong favourite in the shape of (12) POWER BOX. He was a strong winner over 1000M last September before using up a lot of energy to get to the front from a wide draw on his first try at this class and distance in October, ultimately weakening. Drawn wide again at his latest start on November 28th, he was ridden more patiently and ran on well for 2nd. Kim Yong-geun knows the horse well and he can make the breakthrough today. (7) GRAY CAT overcame a wide draw to run 3rd in a fast time over 1300M on December 18th. He now has four top-three finishes form ten starts and while he may find one or two too quick again, he can maintain that record here. (11) TAP QUALITY and (14) DUSON FANTASTIC both had poor days at the office on their respective latest starts but are better than that and can be involved here. (4) FOREVER KHAN too struggled on his first try at this class but can be given another chance today.
Selections (12) Power Box (7) Gray Cat (11) Tap Quality (14) Duson Fantastic
Next Best 4, 6
Fast Start 1, 6, 9, 12

Seoul Race 6: Class 5 (1400M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million

Tricky race this. (7) P N S LUCKY comes out of the Breeders’ Cup champion juvenile race on December 5th where she ran 8th of 12 but in a creditable time. She had previously run a blistering 59.7 over the five furlongs at the end of October. Back in more limited company today, she has every chance of returning to the winner’s circle. (3) HOLIDAY CHARM was a class and distance winner two starts back when running on strongly from midfield in a good time. He is up 3kg on that and did struggle on his return on December 19th, but he draws a much better gate this time and can be given another chance. (10) HYPER CAR returned from more than six months out to run a good 4th at class and distance on December 11th. He is yet to win but has six top-three finishes from twelve starts and can be in the mix here. The up in class but significantly down in weight (2) BARAMGWA HAMKKE might warrant an each-way chance alongside (4) ILBO DEUNGCHEON.
Selections (7) P N S Lucky (3) Holiday Charm (10) Hyper Car (2) Baramgwa Hamkke
Next Best 4, 12
Fast Start 7, 8, 11, 14

Seoul Race 7: Class 4 (1800M) Allowance / KRW 60 Million

Small field but a hot favourite here. (5) CHOEGANG GAME comes in having run 4th in the Korean Derby and then 3rd in the Minister’s Cup, the final two legs of the 2021 Triple Crown. He had a win record of three from four before those races and the time he had to run in the Derby at this distance was almost three seconds faster than anything else in this race has achieved. He gives weight away, but he looks very hard to beat. (4) SERVE ACE comes out of the filly Triple Crown where she ran a big 3rd in the Oaks having missed the break before not quite seeing out the 2000M of the Gyeonggi Governor’s Cup. It’s hard to see her beating the favourite here but she should beat plenty of the rest. (1) GEUMA SUPREME and (2) QUIET ADELE are generally knocking on the door at class and distance and along with (9) SISEONJIPJUNG, can compete for the minor places.
Selections (5) Choegang Game (4) Serve Ace (1) Geuma Supreme (2) Quiet Adele
Next Best 9, 6
Fast Start 3, 4, 5, 6

Seoul Race 8: Class 4 (1400M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million

(5) MYEONGJIN DAY returned from eight months out to run a good 3rd place at class and distance on December 19th in a good time. He has never been worse than 4th and should come on for that run looking very much the one to beat here. (6) ROCK LINE comes in off a good win at this class over 1200M on December 12th when he sat behind the speed and then ran on strong. At the start before he was a close 3rd at this distance. He does come up 3.5kg in the weights today but should be in the hunt again. Those two are by some margin the standouts. (7) BLACK PUNCH was a much-improved 4th at his latest start and can maintain that progress today. (3) SUN FO RE mixes his form but has a number of minor money finishes and can be competitive here. Debut-maker (2) MUNHAK DIAL may beat a few.
Selections (5) Myeongjin Day (6) Rock Line (7) Black Punch (3) Sun For Re
Next Best 2, 8
Fast Start 1, 6, 10, 12

Seoul Race 9: Class 3 (1400M) Handicap / KRW 75 Million

(14) MIGHTY BOOM beat several of these on her way to a close 2nd place finish at class and distance on December 12th when sitting just behind the speed and running on. She comes up 2kg in the weights today and draws even further out than last time (she had gate 12) but she can overcome both and go one better here. The draw though does hand the initiative over to (4) MONSTER K, who ran 3rd in that race. He has won at the distance at class 4 level and will be a big danger today, most likely leading from the start. (7) SOUL MERIT come sup in class following a smart victory over 1200M back in November. He has run good times at this distance too and comes down in the weights here. (13) ROYAL ELVIS and (6) GLOBAL THUNDER are others who should be close.
Selections (14) Mighty Boom (4) Monster K (7) Soul Merit (13) Royal Elvis
Next Best 6, 8
Fast Start 4, 5, 6, 14

Can'tPickAWinner
Piassek's Plays: Sunshine State Selections for Tampa Bay Downs
by John Piassek

Saturday, Jan. 15

Tampa Bay Downs, Race 6, $125,000 Gasparilla Stakes, post time 2:50 p.m.
Television schedule

Friday, Jan. 14: 2:30 p.m.-5:30 p.m. on FS2; post time varies on TVG

Saturday, Jan. 15: 2:30 p.m.-4 p.m. on FS2; 4 p.m.-5:30 p.m. on FS1; post time varies on TVG

Sunday, Jan. 16: 2:30 p.m.-4:30 p.m. on FS2; 4:30 p.m.-5:30 p.m. on FS1; post time varies on TVG

Monday, Jan. 17: post time varies on TVG

#8 Strategic Bird: A field of eight 3-year-old fillies will compete in this seven-furlong race. Strategic Bird, for trainer Mark Casse and leading jockey Antonio Gallardo, broke her maiden in impressive fashion on debut at Gulfstream Park, and then turned in a gutsy effort to win the Sandpiper Stakes last out. She set a very fast early pace, including an opening quarter in 21.93 seconds and a first half in 44.91 seconds, but she held off the challenge of Devine Charger down the stretch and prevailed by a head. She looks like a filly with a big future and should be tough to catch on the front end once again. It wouldn't surprise if she emerged as a serious contender for the Longines Kentucky Oaks.

Strategy on a $10 Budget

$5 to win on 8

$5 exacta, 8 with 5

Strategy on a $25 Budget

$11 to win on 8

$7 exacta, 8 with 5, 6 ($14 total)

Strategy on a $50 Budget

$24 to win on 8

$13 exacta, 8 with 5, 6 ($26 total)

Tampa Bay Downs, Race 8, post time 3:55 p.m. ET

Click image to purchase shirt.

#4 Patriot Drive: This second-level allowance optional claiming race on grass features two horses coming off long layoffs who are likely to take lots of money. Hidden Stash finished second, beaten less than a length, in last year's Lambholm South Tampa Bay Derby, but he hasn't been seen since posting a 14th-place finish in the Kentucky Derby Presented by Woodford Reserve. Kuramata, the 2-1 morning line favorite for trainer Chad Brown, was impressive last spring. He's making his first start since last May's Dinner Party Stakes at Pimlico. Both of these horses are up against it first off the bench.

Patriot Drive, by contrast, has good rcent form. He made his first start off a brief layoff last out at this level and closed well while racing wide to get second, beaten 1 1/2 lengths. He finished ahead of several horses in this field in that race. This is his second start for trainer Dennis Ward, who has enjoyed success so far at the Tampa Bay meet. He should offer great value in a race with some vulnerable favorites.

Strategy on a $10 Budget

$6 to win on 4

$2 exacta, 4 with 5, 6 ($4 total)

Strategy on a $25 Budget

$9 to win on 4

$5 exacta, 4 with 5, 6 ($10 total)

$1 trifecta, 4 with 5, 6 with 2, 3, 5, 6, 8 ($6 total)

Strategy on a $50 Budget

$18 to win on 4

$10 exacta, 4 with 5, 6 ($20 total)

$2 trifecta, 4 with 5, 6 with 2, 3, 5, 6, 8 ($12 total)

Can'tPickAWinner
Which Horse Will Finish First in the Fifth Season Stakes?
by Ellis Starr

Nine horses are entered Saturday in the $150,000 Fifth Season Stakes at Oaklawn Park, including the 2019 and 2021 winners of the Grade 2 Rebel Stakes, Long Range Toddy and Concert Tour, respectively. Long Range Toddy is winless in 16 races since then, while Concert Tour, last seen finishing ninth of 10 in the Grade 1 Preakness Stakes, returns from an eight-month layoff and a change to the barn of Brad Cox. Snapper Sinclair leads the field in career earnings at $1.8 million. He has run poorly in his last two races, but one was his first ever try on an all-weather surface and the other was in the Grade 1 Big Ass Fans Breeders’ Cup Dirt Mile. Two races prior to that Snapper Sinclair won the TVG Stakes on the grass at Kentucky Downs.
Television schedule

Thursday, Jan. 13: post time varies on TVG

Friday, Jan. 14: 2:30 p.m.-5:30 p.m. on FS2; post time varies on TVG

Saturday, Jan. 15: 2:30 p.m.-4 p.m. on FS2; 4 p.m.-5:30 p.m. on FS1; post time varies on TVG

Sunday, Jan. 16: 2:30 p.m.-4:30 p.m. on FS2; 4:30 p.m.-5:30 p.m. on FS1; post time varies on TVG

Monday, Jan. 17: post time varies on TVG

Rated R Superstar, who returns from four months off, is another who has had a fine career to date, earning $1.1 million, with his most recent win coming in the Governor’s Cup Stakes in August. Mucho enters the Fifth Season Stakes in superb form with six straight in-the-money finishes including a win in the Challedon Stakes last summer. However, Mucho is running in a two-turn race for the very first time after 29 races around one turn. Necker Island is another horse stretching out to two turns. He won the Bet On Sunshine Stakes in November.

Thomas Shelby really likes to win races, with 10 victories in 24 career races. His most recent effort was a second-place finish in the Tinsel Stakes at Oaklawn last month. Silver Prospector is approaching the $1 million mark in career earnings. After winning the Grade 3 Southwest Stakes at Oaklawn in the winter of 2020, he has won just one of eight races. Atoka rounds out the field, entering the race off a runner-up effort in an allowance race over the track from which he was moved up to first after the winner was disqualified.

Top contenders:

Thomas Shelby draws the rail for this mile trip. That means jockey David Cohen will have the ability to put him on the lead, which has resulted in three wins in his last four starts, or settle him off the pace, which has resulted in another three wins before that. Thomas Shelby joined the barn of trainer Robertino Diodoro in November 2020 and, after finishing fourth, third and seventh in his initial three starts for the barn, has turned into an “alpha” horse, winning seven of 10, finishing second in two others and third another time. Last October, Thomas Shelby ran the best race of his career winning a classified allowance race with a career-best 112 Equibase Speed Figure. He won again in November, and then, after two months off, he led until deep stretch before coming up three-quarters of a length short in the Tinsel Stakes. That race was at Oaklawn and was run at 1 1/8 miles, with Thomas Shelby leading at the point this mile race ends, so repeating that effort could be good enough to win the Fifth Season Stakes.

Silver Prospector has four career wins, one of which came at Oaklawn. That was when he took the 2020 Southwest Stakes with a then career-best 107 Equibase Speed Figure. After a poor sixth-place effort in the Rebel Stakes followed by a poorer seventh-place finish in the Arkansas Derby, Silver Prospector was given nearly six months off. Returning in fall 2020 off a lengthy layoff, Silver Prospector raced in top form to win and earned a very strong 106 figure considering the time off. Although winless in five races since, Silver Prospector ran just as well as he had in the comeback when second in the Razorback Handicap last February at Oaklawn, earning a 108 figure. Now rested since last May, Silver Prospector has put in a pair of very strong workouts which were the best of 52 and the fourth best of 42 on the day. These signal he could be as fit and ready to run just like he did off a similar layoff, and if he does that he could certainly compete for top honors in this race.

Click image to purchase shirt.

Concert Tour is another returning off a layoff since last May, and he too is working in the morning like he will not need a race before showing his best. Concert Tour won the first three races of his career last year, including the San Vicente Stakes and the Rebel, in which he earned a career-best 104 figure drawing off easily to win by 4 1/4 lengths in geared down fashion. After a third-place finish in the Arkansas Derby, Concert Tour skipped the Kentucky Derby, then showed up in the Preakness. He ran the worst race of his career when ninth of 10 and beaten more than 30 lengths. Returning to training last October, Concert Tour has been placed in the care of trainer Brad Cox, who has an exceptional record of nine wins from 25 starts with horses coming back from six months off or more in dirt routes. As such, Concert Tour appears to fit with the best of the contenders in this year’s Fifth Season.

The rest of the field (with best Equibase Speed Figures): Atoka (100), Long Range Toddy (102), Mucho (108 in sprint races), Necker Island (108 in sprint races), Rated R Superstar (105) and Snapper Sinclair (115 on turf).

Win contenders, in preference/probability order:

Thomas Shelby

Silver Prospector

Concert Tour

Can'tPickAWinner
01-15-2022, 12:04 PM
Santa Anita: Playing the late Pick 5 on Jan. 15
John Mucciolo

Four stakes races are included in the late Pick 5 wager at Santa Anita on Saturday. Here is how I view the California-bred races, followed by my affordable ticket.

RELATED: Money Management for Winners by Frank Scantoni
Race 6 – Unusual Heat Turf Classic S.

A tough turf endeavor at 1 1/8 miles for the boys kicks off the sequence, and if I can move past the opening leg, then my confidence level will skyrocket. #8 Indian Peak (3-1) ran a few excellent races on the green in 2021, including a fast-closing third in the Seabiscuit H. (G2) at Del Mar two back. The Comic Strip gelding will be tough to upend with a repeat of that performance under Johnnie V.

In addition, I will take a shot with #7 Ferrariano (12-1) at big odds for Brian Koriner. The gelded chestnut took a nice move forward since moving to route racing four back, and if the removal of blinkers does the same, the son of Mshawish could be in with an upset chance late. Regular pilot Abel Cedillo stays.
Race 7 – Allowance/Optional Claiming

This six-furlong dash on the main oval for the boys attracted a competitive field of eight. My top pick is #8 Crash Corrigan (7-2), who has shown solid improvement since having the blinkers removed three back.

#4 Gate of Heaven (3-1) with Flavien Prat, and Mark Glatt’s #2 Scary Fast Smile (7-2), will be included in a tricky heat.
Race 8 – Filly and Mare Turf S.

An overflow field of 13 fillies and mares will take aim at this grassy dash. #12 Leggs Galore (3-1) is five-for-six sprinting on the green and draws well for Phil D’Amato. The fleet five-year-old will make her presence felt from the start in hopes of defending her title.

#9 Warren’s Showtime (5-2) always fires and is a must use for trainer Craig Lewis. The Clubhouse Ride five-year-old is six-for-12 at Santa Anita, and she is a winner from her lone try at the distance.

Two longshots that I will also toss in are #4 Nardini (12-1), who was runner-up in the race in 2021, and Ben Cecil’s #11 Eddie’s New Dream (15-1), who is dangerous at a huge price on the cutback in distance.
Race 9 – California Cup Sprint S.

A total of eight California-bred sprinters will vie in this heat. #3 Brickyard Ride (9-5) will relish both the class drop and return to Santa Anita in this endeavor. The Craig Lewis trainee is six-for-nine on the surface, which includes a daylight victory in the race last season. He’s no cinch, but the son of Clubhouse Ride is a logical wire-to-wire threat.
Race 10 – California Cup Oaks

The finale attracted a dozen three-year-old fillies going one-mile on the turf. #1 Big Novel (4-1) has never raced on turf, but if the John Sadler pupil runs to her pedigree, she will be a major factor from the rail. The talented gray has been training like a filly sitting on a career-best effort.

#3 Vivacious Vanessa (4-1) and #11 Rose Dawson (7-2) also makes the ticket.
Santa Anita Pick 5 Wager

50-cent Pick 5: 7, 8 with 2, 4, 8 with 4, 9, 11, 12 with 3 with 1, 3, 11 ($36)

Good Luck!

Can'tPickAWinner
Betting the Pasco Stakes no easy task
By: Stuart deVoe, ThoroFan Handicapper

1. Provocateur – (A. Gallardo; T. Pletcher) 3-1: This good-looking bay son by Into Mischief hails from Hall of Famer Todd Pletcher for MyRacehorse and Spendthrift Farm. Each year Pletcher deploys part of his string up to Tampa to pick off these lucrative stakes and is usually well represented. Provocateur started long on the turf at Belmont in the late fall, which tells me that the barn thinks he is a distance horse. That day he didn’t show much run as the favorite but came back in a pair of sprints and looks to be coming around nicely. The way he polished off his maiden win over this track suggests he has plenty of upside. However, there is concern about him going from the outside stalking trip he had to a potentially pressing rail trip with other speed to his outside. WIN CONTENDER.

2. Cyberviking – (C. Sutherland; J. Delgado) 7-2: In his last two races, Cyberviking showed some versatility which is a good racehorse trait. Two back, he dueled on the lead while three wide, and when he made the lead, he waited on foes. He dug in well and won better than the head margin suggests. In his last race, he was outsprinted early but made a wide-sweeping move into an ok pace. I like when horses show different dynamics and can overcome adversity. That said, he is coming from cheaper races and will have to take a step forward to get his picture taken, but he does seem to have ability. WIN CONTENDER.

3. Morgan Point – (J. Jude; C. Stewart) 10-1: In his last race, Morgan Point fell out the back of a sharp pace but rallied wide and won off. During his rally, he lugged in and drifted a bit. But he won with his ears up and looking for more. Again, I see some talent in the youngster, but he needs to mature and run straight to contend with these. His pilot, Sammy Camacho, opts off him to ride the morning line favorite. LONGSHOT CHANCE.

4. Markhamian – (M. Meneses; J. Avila) 4-1: Juan Avila brings this Florida-bred son of Social Inclusion up north off a decent maiden score at Gulfstream. In that win, he tracked the pace three-wide around the turn and won off in a way that would suggest he can stretch out. This seems like a logical step. However, he will have to improve a bit on speed figures and wade out into open company. OUTSIDER.

5. Cattin - (S. Camacho; R. Nicks) 2-1: This Florida bred son comes into The Pasco with “street cred.” He ran in two Florida Stallion series races last year and then came back off the bench to win the 6F Inaugural stakes right here at Tampa. Cattin took a step on The Sheets in that win, and I expect further improvement. WIN CONTENDER.

6. Gold Special – (L. Panici; A. Rodriguez) 10-1: Clearly the most experienced of the field, this charge will be rolling late if the pace is hot. He owns five in-the-money finishes out of 8 attempts, but he has finished behind a few of these in the past. OUTSIDER.

7. Magical Mousse – (I. Castillo; J. Cruz) 12-1: A speedy sort from an outside box getting blinkers for the first time alerts me to a possible pacesetter. He broke his maiden while on the engine for a tag of 40k before being sent off at 5.30-1 in the aforementioned Inaugural Stakes. Cattin was 4.70-1 in there, so somebody thought he had some ability. However, he dueled through sharp fractions in that stake race and wilted. I would expect him to improve first-time blinkers (trainer is 18%), and if they leave him alone early, he may get brave. BOARD CONTENDER.

Analysis

These types of races generally go through the Pletcher Army. Todd shipped Provocateur to Tampa to get a spin on the track in a 25k MSW. It clearly wasn’t a money grab but could potentially have been a dress rehearsal for bigger things to come.

Provocateur is fast enough to clear most of the field, save the outside horse. I can see him getting a nice cozy stalking trip.

Cattin seems like the goods. He is the most accomplished. It’s a logical progression for him, and he is the worthy 2-1 morning-line favorite.

Cyberviking has upside but gets the acid test here. Morgan Point will need to improve, but you will get paid if he does. Finally, Magical Mouse will take them as far as he can and may hang around for a slice.

If they hang Provocateur anywhere close to his morning line of 7-2, he’s my guy. I don’t think he will be that price, so a win bet may not be in the cards. I will try and get one of the longer prices underneath and hope that Cattin regresses at the 2-1 ML. If Cattin floats up and Provocateur down, that may switch in my play.

The BET based on $100

$30 exacta 1-37 = 60

$12 exacta 37-1 = 24

$16 exacta 1-5

Can'tPickAWinner
Al Cimaglia: Meadowlands Early Pick 4 Analysis

January 15, 2022 | By Al Cimaglia

Tonight, the Meadowlands has a 15-race card scheduled with the 0.50 Early Pick 4 beginning in Race 6. The sequence has a $50,000 guaranteed pool with a 15% takeout, and it will be my focus.

Comments and selections below are based on a fast track.

Race 6

1-Mayhem Hanover (7/2)-Gets some needed class relief and was off almost a month before last week's start. Bartlett sticks and he should have the Cullipher trainee forwardly placed throughout.
5-As Always (5-1)-Engblom pupil is entered in the Mixed Sale at the Big M on Monday. This is a test but has been in sharp form and this 4-year-old should be dialed on high for another picture.
6-Walknafter Midnight (12-1)-Drop to a good level and should be rolling late. Looking for a lively pace and Callahan can have the 4-year-old in striking range to close fastest of all.

Race 7

2-Darlene Hanover (10-1)-Was off 3 weeks before the last start and raced better than the line looks. Did roll the back half in 55.3 and gets a positive driver change in Brennan. Could be overlooked at the windows and has hit the board in 4 of 11 at M1 with 2 pictures.
4-HL Revadon (5-1)-Comes off some even efforts but does get considerable class relief tonight. Likes the Big M hitting the board in 20 of 32 and has posted 7 wins. Could be sitting on big try at a fair price.
10-Double Account (8-1)-The post makes the price and did win here at this level on 12-18 from the 4 hole. Bartlett sticks and has the gate speed to get a good seat in a contentious affair.

Race 8

7-Belmont Major N (5-1)-Raced well in a needed start and this will be the 2nd time on Lasix. Zeron should have the pedal down and can be in the hunt at the wire. This is another entry in the Monday sale and could put on a good show tonight.
8-Mr DS Rock (2-1)-Winner of 2 straight and did beat the $90,000 claimers in last drawing off by over 3 lengths. Alexander entry falls into a spot to shine due to its TM rating. Can leave in a hurry and should be tough to beat with a smooth journey.

Race 9

4-Trump Nation (3-1)-Burke sends out a pair (4-7), both could be posing, and this is where Gingras chose to land. Has been battling hard and drops to a comfortable spot. Could get on the point and finally seal the deal.
6-The Bird Dance N (9/2)-Drops in the 2nd start since 11-24 and raced well last week rolling the 2nd half in 54.3. The Drennan barn is posting 29% winners over the past 30 days. Has had issues but comes right back in sequence here and was facing tough foes at Plainridge.
7-Put To Right (7/2)-Wasn't Gingras choice but has raced well in 2 of 3 local starts. Finished 2nd twice, then was stuck with post 9 and got parked the mile in the other M1 race. Joe B has steered here, and he could work a stalking trip to score a mild upset.

0.50 Early Pick 4

1,5,6/2,4,10/7,8/4,6,7
Total Bet=$27

Can'tPickAWinner
01-15-2022, 12:05 PM
What You Need to Know - Santa Anita - Jan. 15, 2022

January 15, 2022

“What You Need to Know” for Santa Anita
By Jeff Siegel, Handicapper & Analyst

Specifically designed for the rolling exotic player, Jeff Siegel’s Daily Santa Anita Handicapping Analysis, Wagering Strategies, Workout Commentary, and True Odds Calculations (“TPC”) identify those horses that should be included in daily doubles, pick-3s, pick-4s, pick-5s, and the pick-6.
The “TOC” quantifies the findings of a personal thoroughbred analytics program that contains in its database the results of every race contested at Santa Anita since 2004. More than 75 critical factors in the fields of class, distance, surface, age, and sex have created 227 individual
algorithms that are highly specific to the race being handicapped. The result is a probability line that reflects each contender’s true odds based on a pure 100 point takeout.

The “TOC” applies its mathematical formula only to non-maiden races and displays a maximum of four runners considered the most likely contenders to win. Also listed is the specific algorithm’s sample size plus the top-rated horse’s win percentage and return on investment (ROI). It is suggested that the player utilize the program’s findings to compare each contender’s “true odds” with the morning line and/or actual wagering odds to identify potential overlays and underlays.

Also-eligible runners are not included in any of the calculations until verified as actual starters. When possible, adjustments to the “TOC” will be updated after late scratches.

For additional commentary, follow us on twitter @jsiegelracing.

Grade Descriptions:
Grade A=Highest degree of confidence
Grade B=Solid Play.
Grade C=Least preferred or pass
Grade X=probable winner but likely at odds too short to play

__________________________________________________ ____________________________
RACE 1: Post: 12:00 PT Grade: B+
Single: 2-Worse Read Sanchez

Forecast: With the classic two-sprints-and-a-stretch out pattern, Worse Read Sanchez gets ideal conditions to earn his maiden diploma in this mile turf event for maiden 3-year-olds. The son of Square Eddie ran better than the line will show when overcoming early trouble to rally widest of all entering the lane and keeping to his task late to wind up a closing fourth here on New Year’s Day. The D. O’Neill-trained colt adds blinkers, is comfortably drawn inside, shows a nice, easy breeze since raced and really doesn’t have all that much to beat in this event restricted to Cal-bred runners. At 9/5 on the morning line, he’s a win play and rolling exotic single.

Notable Workouts:

Fore Flag (January 2, Santa Anita, 5f, 1:02.3h). Grade: C
Outside Girl Ranger (5f, 1:02.1h) but was unable to stay with that one through the lane despite urging, final half mile on our watches in :24 flat and :50.3., a few lengths back at the wire. Form isn’t bad but this was hardly inspiring.
View Workout Video

RACE 2: Post: 12:30 PT Grade: X
Single: 3-Cause She’s A Lady

Forecast: Cause She’s a Lady, freshened since October and making the all-important class drop from maiden special weight to maiden claiming, is listed at 6/5 on the morning line and on paper looks every bit of that. The M. Puype-trained filly was considered good enough to make her debut in a stakes (she finished from a poor inside draw) and then wound up a distant fourth in a better-than-par maiden state-bred sprint after displaying good early speed for a half. If she returns as well as she left, the daughter of Creative Cause should be able to dominant this modest field every step of the way. She’s a logical, short-priced, no-value rolling exotic single.

Notable Workouts:

Tizzy Twister (January 2, Santa Anita, 4f, :48.1hg). Grade: C+
Solo gate drill for S. Knapp, was ridden most of the way with splits of :24.1, :36 flat and :48.3 on our watches, fair to moderate. Maiden claiming material at this stage, might be competitive with soft Cal-bred competition.
View Workout Video

RACE 3: Post: 1:00 PT Grade: X
Single: 5-Straight Up G

Forecast: Straight Up G (TOC=4/5; ML=4/5) just easily outrun a similar field in the King Glorious Stakes at Los Alamitos last month and seems likely to do the same thing today in this year’s edition of the Cal Cup Derby. The son of Straight Fire may have to contend with a bit more speed today (Highland Ghost could be sent from the rail) but we doubt it’ll make much difference to a colt who is far from speed crazy and should be able to settling into a stalking position if the race flow dictates. In any case, he’s going to be too short to play in the win pool, but we can use him as another heavily-backed rolling exotic single.

Notable Workouts:

Finneus (January 9, Santa Anita, 5f, :59h). Grade: B-
A bit rank leaving the pole but settled through the opening quarter in :23.4, picked it up on the turn (:35 flat) but then hard urged and ridden while a tad late changing leads to finish all out in :59.1 on our watches for Solis. Not a great worker but shows up in the afternoon. Might be most comfortable around one turn.
View Workout Video

Straight Up G (January 8, Santa Anita, 5f, 1:00.1h). Grade: B
Niggled at just a tad through the lane but looked fine, final quarter mile in :24.2 for R. Baltas. Maintains his form, certainly the one to beat in the Cal Cup Derby.
View Workout Video

RACE 4: Post: 1:34 PT Grade: X
Single: 4-Hail Freedom

Forecast: In a card so far dominated by short-priced favorites, here’s another one. Hail Freedom has finished in the frame in seven of eight starts without yet winning, so he may be a tad difficult to trust, but the son of Box Score adds blinkers for the first time while switching to F. Prat so we’re expecting the D. O’Neill-trained colt to bust through with a maiden-breaking win. His runner-up effort sprinting over the local lawn during the fall season charts very well with these, so following a bullet five furlong training track drill six days ago (:59 flat, fastest of 20) this 4-year-old colt really shouldn’t miss. He’s 8/5 on the morning line, likely to go lower, and appears to be yet another logical rolling exotic single.

Notable Workouts:

Square Cat (January 1, Santa Anita, 5f, 1:01.3h). Grade: C+
In blinkers, ridden and urged through the lane to be even inside Buy American (same time), splits :24.2, :36 flat and 1:01.4 on our watches, okay work, nothing special. Seems like the type that runs a bit better than he works. Seeking another state-bred maiden sprint for older horses.
View Workout Video

Really Big News (January 2, Santa Anita, 4f, :48.4h). Grade: C+
Ridden some through the lane to be even but second best with breezing workmate Lil’s Big Shot (same time) for Yakteen, splits of :23.1 and :48.4, fair move. Probably wants turf to show his best stuff. Seeking another maiden state-bred grass miler, kind of a one-paced grinder. View Workout Video

__________________________________________________ ___________________________

RACE 5: Post: 2:05 PT Grade: B-
Use (in order of preference): 5-Smiling Goodbye; 8-Arthur Spooner

Forecast: Here’s a challenging maiden claiming state-bred sprint for 3-year-olds in which the known element doesn’t impress, and the first-timers don’t appear to be particularly formidable. We’ll try to get by using just two, but best advice is to spread as deeply as your budget allows. We haven’t seen video of Smiling Goodbye, but the D. Pederson-trained gelding is bred to be quick (Smiling Tiger) and has been given a sufficient foundation of workouts to be fit and ready. The barn generally does well with first-timers so let’s put the Harris Farms homebred on top at 5/2 on the morning line. Arthur Spooner has the benefit of six prior races, and while he’s a one-paced gelding with moderate numbers he’s a fit in a very soft race for the level. Drawn comfortably outside, the son of Gemologist should have every chance to inherit a good stalking trip and then have dead aim and every chance from the quarter pole home.

Notable Workouts:

Make Mine Wine (January 9, Santa Anita, 3f, :37.3hg). Grade: C
Was ridden along in solo gate drill for Wong and went considerably slower than given, splits of :27 flat and :39 flat on our watches. Certainly not a speed type based on this drill.
View Workout Video

RACE 6: Post: 2:35 PT Grade: B+
Use (in order of preference: 8-Indian Peak; 3-Aligato

Forecast: Indian Peak (TOC=2-1; ML=3-1) has been competitive in graded stakes company and is a two-time winner over the Santa Anita turf course, so the veteran gelding should be hard to beat in this year’s edition of the Unusual Heat Turf Classic restricted to state-bred older horses. An excellent third (beaten less than a length) in the Seabiscuit H.-G2 at Del Mar two races back, the son of Comic Strip need only repeat that effort today to handle this task. He’s 3-1 on the morning line but we suspect he’ll go lower. Also worth including the improving but unproven Aligato (TOC=12-1; ML=7/2) , recently nosed out in a first-level allowance turf sprint over the local lawn. This is a step up in class, for sure, and the analytics are cold-watering him, but the son of Kitten’s Joy continues to improve with racing and this stretch-out in trip should bring out his best. The switch to F. Prat doesn’t hurt, either. We’ll prefer Indian Peak on top but include both in our rolling exotics.

Notable Workouts:

Aligato (January 10, Santa Anita, 4f, :50.2h TT). Grade: B
Went off easily and then picked it up nicely through the lane to finish with good energy while going past Mendham Mill (5f, 1:02.1h TT) for M. Glatt, final three furlongs in :13 flat and :37.2. Looks fine, certainly should handle a distance of ground.
View Workout Video

RACE 7: Post: 3:05 PT Grade: B-
Use (in order of preference): 2-Scary Fast Smile; 5-Suzie Qzz Brother; 8-Crash Corrigan

Forecast: We’ll go three-deep in this state-bred, first-level allowance sprint while preferring Scary Fast Smile (TOC=8-1; ML-7/2) on top. Below form in his last pair but continue to train well over a main track we know he prefers, the M. Glatt-trained gelding has never been off third board in six career starts over the local main track, and a recent bullet :59 flat five furlong drill indicates he’s ready to perform up to standard. Regular pilot T. Baze stays aboard, knows him well, and should have him on or near what projects to be a moderate early pace. The analytics aren’t high on his chance, but we are. Glatt has another major player in the field, the speedy Suzie Qzz Brother (TOC=9/2; ML=6-1) , who may be the controlling speed. His numbers have risen with each of his six career outings, and with another forward move today the son of Commissioner should be a strong factor every step of the way. Also worth using on your ticket is Crash Corrigan (TOC=3-1; ML=7/2) , drawn nicely outside and most comfortably as a late-running sprinter. He’s likely to settle early and then produce dangerous bid from the quarter pole home. Though winless in six starts over the Santa Anita main track, he’s hit the board five times and should at least get a piece of it again today.

RACE 8: Post: 3:35 PT Grade: B+
Use (in order of preference): 9-Warren’s Showtime; 12-Leggs Galore

Forecast: The analytics prefer Leggs Galore, but we’ll give Warren’s Showtime (TOC=3-1; ML=5/2) a slight edge on top while including both in our rolling exotics. ‘Showtime is a genuine and versatile state-bred stakes performer that has won six of her 12 career starts over the local lawn and been successful sprinting and routing and down this Hillside course as well. She projects to settle off the pace and then come blasting home, and with some pace up front to compliment her style and good racing luck through the lane the C. Lewis-trained daughter of Clubhouse Ride should be able to tag the speed. Leggs Galore (TOC=7/5; ML=3-1) has beaten on our top pick in the past and could easily do it again. Freshened since August and returning to a sprint, the P. D’Amato-trained mare is the quickest of the quick and will take this field a very long way on the front end if not pressured early. Her record of four wins from six starts over the Santa Anita turf course clearly qualifies her as a “horse for course” and the analytics say she’s the one they all have to beat.

Notable Workouts:

Alice Marble (January 9, 5f, 1:00.1h). Grade: B
Easy early, then finished quite well without being asked while wearing down workmate Loma Vista (5f, 1:01.1h) close home, splits of :25.1, :37.1 and 1:01.1, a full second slower on our watches than given but fine, nonetheless. Has gone through her conditions nicely, gets tested with stakes types on Cal Cup day.
View Workout Video

Super Game (January 8, Santa Anita, 4f, :48.3h). Grade: B-
Finished a short head behind Ferrariao (same time) after breaking off about a length behind outside, under restraint most of the way (niggled at late), final three furlongs in :11.3 and :36.3 for B. Koriner. Maintenance drill, holds her form.
View Workout Video

Leggs Galore (January 9, Santa Anita, 5f, 1:01.3h TT). Grade: B Solo training track drill for P. D’Amato, never really asked, final three furlongs in :36.3. Freshened since August, seems fine and loves to fire fresh.
View Workout Video

RACE 9: Post: 4:06 PT Grade: B
Use (in order of preference): 3-Brickyard Ride; 8-Colt Fiction; 4-Positivity

Forecast: We were prepared to use Brickyard Road (TOC=6-1; ML=9/5) as a single in his year’s California Cup Sprint – a race he easily won last year – but the layoff is a bit of a concern, and the analytics aren’t impressed, so we’ll put him on top but include a couple of others for protection. ‘Ride is brutally fast when he’s on his game and he’s a six-time winner (from nine starts) over the Santa Anita main track, so in a race in which he projects as the controlling the speed it’s hard to imagine the son of Clubhouse Ride not gaining control early and rolling all the way to the wire. Colt Fiction (TOC=3-1; ML=3-1) lands the cozy outside draw and looks like the one to fear most. He’s beaten Clubhouse Ride in the past (last May at this distance) and after being freshened since November the W. Spawr-trained gelding should be primed and ready. Positivity (TOC=4-1; ML=3-1) is fast on numbers and is tough and genuine. Twice a winner from three starts over the Santa Anita main track, the son of Paynter switches to F. Prat and should be set for a career top effort.

Notable Workouts:

Brickyard Ride (January 8, 5f, Santa Anita, 1:00hg). Grade: B
No blinkers in solo five furlong gate drill for C. Lewis, splits of :24.3, :35.4, :47.1 and 1:00 flat, easy early, asked a bit midway and then allowed to coast in the final furlong. Solid drill, nothing flashy, usually keen in the afternoon with the hood. Likely to display his usually intense speed in the Cal Cup Sprint.
View Workout Video

RACE 10: Post: 4:35 PT Grade: B-
Use (In order of preference): 6-Eleuthera; 3-Vivacious Vanessa; 1-Big Novel; 7-Professors’ Pride

Forecast: The finale is one of the deepest, toughest races on the card, the California Cup Oaks that drew a full field of 12. Let’s try to hit a grand slam with the 15-1 shot Eleuthera (TOC=32-1; ML=15-1) . She’s a maiden, yet, but she is returning to state-bred competition after an excellent runner-up over this course and distance last month while earning a speed figure that makes her a legitimate contender even against this tougher group. The addition of blinkers shouldn’t hurt, so if the B. Cecil-trained daughter of Square Eddie can continue her improving pattern she could pull of a major surprise. Vivacious Vanessa (TOC=5-1; ML=4-1) broke her maiden over this turf course at this one mile distance during the fall meeting and finished a distance third when trying the Del Mar dirt track in the Golden State Juvenile Fillies Stakes when backing up to a sprint in her most recent outing. Freshened since early November, stretching out again and returning to turf, the daughter of Not This Time should settle early and then produce a serious kick from the quarter pole home. Big Novel (TOC=9/2; ML=4-1) is guaranteed an ideal ground-saving trip from her favorable rail post and, as a daughter of Mr. Big, should move up considerably in her first outing on the lawn. Her recent works have been excellent and the switch to Johnny V. is another positive factor. Professors’ Pride (TOC=9-1; ML=5/2) has been perfect in two starts and was dominant in her victory in the Soviet Problem S. at Los Alamitos in December. She continues to train well for E. Truman and will be dangerous once again if she can transfer her dirt form to grass.

Notable Workouts:

Big Novel (January 4, Santa Anita. 5f, 1:00.4h TT). Grade: B+ Mostly on her own in solo training track drill for J. Sadler, splits of :24.1, :35.4 and 1:00.3, good move while maintaining her edge. Would love to see her on turf (Mr. Big) and should move forward with age and experience.
View Workout Video

Vivacious Vanessa (January 2, Santa Anita, 6f, 1:13.4h). Grade: B+
In company inside Micro Share (5f, 1:01.2h) and was the better of the two through the lane before continuing out an extra furlong to the seven-eighths pole while coming home in :24.3 (to the wire) and then out in :36.4 (ridden pretty good in the late stages). Loved her maiden win on grass and may prefer turf, has a chance to develop nicely with added distance. Plenty fit.
View Workout Video

Dendera (January 9, Santa Anita, 4f, :48.4h TT). Grade: B-
Splits :23.4 and :48.3 on our watches, some coaxing through the lane. Disappointed at Los Alamitos but probably is more comfortable on grass.

Can'tPickAWinner
Race of the Week: Cal Cup Sprint at Santa Anita | Sat., Jan. 15

January 13, 2022 | By Jeremy Plonk

The Lead:
Five stakes races and a mandatory payout in the Rainbow 6 highlight Cal Cup Day at Santa Anita on Saturday. The best of the Golden State across multiple divisions will be out en force. Four of the Rainbow 6 races are stakes, including the 6-furlong $150,000 Cal Cup Sprint in Race 9.

​Field Depth:
Grade 2 winner BRICKYARD YARD is the defending champion and clear-cut leader on class. None of the other runners have won a graded stakes. PEACEFUL TRANSFER, POSITIVITY, LOUD MOUTH and PRINCIPE CARLO all are listed stakes winners.

Pace:
BRICKYARD RIDE is one of America's fastest sprinters from the gate and should be on the lead again with pressure from LETSGETLUCKY and possibly PRINCIPE CARLO and COLT FICTION.

Our Eyes:
BRICKYARD RIDE has been out since late August at Del Mar, so his reaction to that layoff is the absolute key to the Cal Cup Sprint. He's run 18 times in his career and never had a significant break in training. His gate workout at XBTV on Jan. 8 was a mixed review in that he was relaxed early for a hot-speed horse, but was pushed hard on the turn before finishing up. Trainer Craig Lewis isn't known for firing hot off the layoff, so the defending champion in this race could be vulnerable.

The alternatives to BRICKYARD YARD line up out of the Nov. 21 Cary Grant Stakes at Del Mar. That was 7 furlongs over a different surface, so you can't make a direct comparison. However, this eye saw runner-up POSITIVITY have the toughest trip between horses much of the way, and yet he still ran a sharp second by a nose. PRINCIPE CARLO got up while wide at 18-1 in the Cary Grant. He's 9-10 in the exacta at Santa Anita, so his good form should continue. But note PRINCIPE CARLO is just 1-6 at 6 furlongs. COLT FICTION, third by only a neck in the Cary Grant, should benefit from the shorter trip and has run well at Santa Anita. Two significant jockey changes out of the Cary Grant: red-hot riders Flavien Prat (POSITIVITY) and John Velazquez (COLT FICTION) have been marvels early in the SA meet.

LETSGETLUCKY is the fresh face to the elder Cal-bred sprint scene. The 4-year-old exits a pair of fast races in allowance company, most recently against open rivals at Del Mar. The Brian Koriner trainee has won 2 of 3 at Santa Anita on dirt and is the X-factor on Saturday.

Most Certain Exotics Contender:
PRINCIPE CARLO if 9-10 in the exacta at Santa Anita on dirt and has been in the superfecta in 9 of his last 10 starts. He rarely misfires.
​​
Best Longshot Exotics Contender:
LOUD MOUTH, fourth in this race last year, could move up off the John Sadler claim last time out and likely will be overlooked in the betting.

Sending it in ($100 bankroll):
$70 win POSITIVITY. $5 exacta key-box POSITIVITY with COLT FICTION, PRINCIPE CARLO & LETSGETLUCKY ($30). Let's take a stand against BRICKYARD RIDE and let the chips fall.

Can'tPickAWinner
Brian W. Spencer's Daily Picks

Fair Grounds - Race #6
Picks Notes
#9 Perfect Choice The pedigree is there for her to like this move to the turf, and she has flashed some decent talent on the main track. Think there is a chance she really likes this trip.
#5 Clara Peeters She is a really good fit here with competitive running lines, but she is making a habit of looking very logical and landing underneath shares only at short prices. Capable, but a likely underlay.
#1 I Hear You Think she might offer a decent price in here after a couple of modest Kentucky tries, but there are a few decent turf tries on the page, and she might be able to land a piece today.
Race Summary Perfect Choice gets on the grass for the first time in a race where the most logical winner is a runner who continues to settle for smaller pieces. She probably still has some upside in just her fourth career start.

Fair Grounds - Race #7
Picks Notes
#1 Short Summer Dress The entry is going to be tough either way, but she gets a pretty dreamy race shape today while meeting a bunch of cutback route pace. She should be quick enough to run these off their feet as the only true sprint pace.
#1A Tizafeelin She steps up after a nice score last time out, and she should get a pretty good run of things in a race while tracking the splits. She beat a decent chalk last time out with a gutsy run late up the inside. Chance right back.
#3 Honorifique She cuts back for this, and the hope for some will be that the entry takes enough cash to leave this one playable as the second choice. She'll need to fire fresh here, but there is obviously a bit of talent here.
Race Summary Tough to get around the entry here, and Short Summer Dress looks like she's going to get a pretty nice run on the engine today. The significant class drop out of a tough stakes spot isn't going to hurt, either.

Fair Grounds - Race #9
Picks Notes
#1A Line Change He showed decent pace in the Laurel debut, and he draws well to prompt the other forward players from the high draw. Always tough to rise into this type of level, but he might be a threat right back.
#6 Strava The debut run produced a really solid Keeneland score, and he overcame a bit of trouble that day. Think there is some talent here, and it wouldn't be a surprise to see him bring something better in this second lifetime start.
#2 Candy Landing The form isn't much to look at, but his last two came with much better than what he's going to find here, and a bounce-back effort is definitely in play here.
Race Summary Line Change leads a solid entry, and he looked good when winning his Laurel debut. The draw seems perfect for him, and I'd be happy to jump in at anything like 7/2.

Can'tPickAWinner
Frank Carulli's Daily Picks

Freehold - Race #1
Picks Notes
#4 BAY RUM Takes magnified class drop in pursuit of 30th win and $200k in earnings.
#6 BETTER MOONON OVER Beat most of these at odds-on, makes third start of cycle.
#2 ONE LUCKY DRAGON Rallied into slow pace for third, moves outside in.
Race Summary Bay Rum paced evenly against better in his last two starts. He gapped cover on the backstretch in his latest try but finished willingly after he was slowed by traffic on the turn. Play 4-2 and 4-6 exactas.

Woodbine-Mohawk Park - Race #1
Picks Notes
#7 LANCASTER BOMBER Responded to front-end assignment, ran second, adds Lasix.
#4 GOING FAST Sustained first-over rally to join blanket finish off 2-month layoff.
#1 BEACHIN LINDY Rallied from seventh to get beat 3/4 of a length on drop to this level.
Race Summary Lancaster Bomber changed tactics, led until the 5-2 second favorite passed by late, now adds Lasix. He benefitted when the favorite broke stride early but should be the one to catch, nonetheless. Play 7-1 and 7-4 exactas.

Woodbine-Mohawk Park - Race #7
Picks Notes
#3 SOMETIME SOMEWHERE Full of run at 36-1, knows how to win, worth a playback.
#2 POINTOMYGRANSON Classy 8yo drops to ideal level, gets favorable post switch.
#1 HE'S SWIFT Plays to a steady beat, second to 1-to-5 favorite last week.
Race Summary Sometime Somewhere, a 13-race winner last season, made a good first impression locally. He was trapped with run in the third quarter, found some room in the stretch and burst between rivals late. He should retain some betting value, so make it a win and place wager on him.

Can'tPickAWinner
Jerry Shottenkirk's Daily Picks

Gulfstream Park - Race #6
Picks Notes
#7 Glory of Florida Has won six races and was fourth at the 1 1-8-mile distance in the Claiming Crown Jewel; is for all intents and purses is an exclusive GP runner and often is difficult to outrun.
#6 Hercules Has the speed to get to the lead and will be tough if he can throttle down the pace has won four of nine locally.
#3 Shamrocket Comes out of stakes races over the turf courses of New York and moves over to the dirt; likes the distance.
Race Summary Glory of Florida usually runs his best over this strip and can be in close attendance from the outset; was unplaced the one time he was at this distance and he looks ready to try it again.

Gulfstream Park - Race #8
Picks Notes
#3 Proven Strategies Was competitive in graded stakes last year and has found a good spot for his first since September.
#5 Mira Mission Won an allowance optional claiming race at Saratoga in August and was third here in a race that came off the turf; gets back to grass and can be a factor.
#10 Vow Me Now Was a clear winner two back here and usually comes up with a solid effort on grass.
Race Summary Proven Strategies has been with some classy opposition and has held up well; can be the one to catch in his first of the year.

Gulfstream Park - Race #10
Picks Notes
#1 Cool Quest Comes off a very impressive effort going 5.5 furlongs and has been with some good company; can benefit from the inside run and can fight back when challenged.
#5 Gatsby Ran a bang-up second last out at a similar level and rarely runs a bad one.
#7 Legal Deal Was a good second in the Claiming Crown Rapid Transit and has the speed to battle on the front end.
Race Summary Cool Quest battled it out nicely and held on last time, and he's shown improvement as he's gone along in his career.

Can'tPickAWinner
01-15-2022, 12:06 PM
Jeff Nahill’s Santa Anita opinions for Saturday, Jan. 15

FIRST RACE: 3-5-2-7
SECOND RACE: 1-3-7-4
THIRD RACE: 4-5-3-1
FOURTH RACE: 7-4-8-6 (BEST BET)
FIFTH RACE: 4-8-2-1
SIXTH RACE: 3-8-5-1
SEVENTH RACE: 2-4-1-6
EIGHTH RACE: 2-9-12-6
NINTH RACE: 3-8-4-6
10TH RACE: 7-1-3-8

Can'tPickAWinner
01-15-2022, 12:06 PM
Gulfstream Saturday Late Pick 4 Analysis

January 14, 2022 | By Johnny D

Race 8
Funny things happen in Gulfstream Park turf races. Well, I suppose, funny things happen in turf races in general. That’s because of some of the following: A lone front-runner is permitted to gallop along uncontested while others race wide, are blocked, checked, or stymied trying to rally. Runners that may have been best in a race never find enough room to succeed. Our personal favorite is when a runner trying the turf for the first time ends up romping home on top, loving grass like a kid does a summer ice cream cone. Race 8 is the first leg of the Late Pick 4, it’s on turf and we’re looking for something funny to happen.

#1 Winfromwithin is a wire-to-wire stakes winner who had the lead in the stretch of the Gr.2 American Turf last out back in May before fading to third, nearly 3 lengths back. This colt moves from the nearly unbeatable Pletcher barn to the low-profile outfit of Jeff Engler. The colt’s 1-1 over the local turf and has a win at the distance. There should be enough speed to keep him honest on the front end, though, and he may need one coming off a layoff.

#3 Proven Strategies is a 5-year-old stakes winner and has 2 wins in 5 GP outings. All 4 career wins have come virtually in wire-to-wire fashion. He should add spice to the early pace from this inside post. Recent gelding could aid this one’s cause as he has graded stakes experience. Trainer Casse and jockey Gonzalez are 30% together. There are some gaps in this one’s past performances that suggest he’s difficult to keep together but comparatively strong BSF in his last 3 races—April, July and Sept—suggest he runs well enough fresh.

#5 Mira Mission returns to turf after a recent synthetic attempt when third at this level and at about this distance in his first start for trainer Ian Wilkes. This colt is an allowance winner over the Saratoga turf and is 2 for 2 over the GP lawn. He’s fit and has a recent 5-furlong work to bolster a late kick that ought to be enhanced by a solid pace. At a price, he’s a decent option for a winless barn at the stand that will break out soon.

#6 Absam hails from the potent-but-slumping Maker barn (3-44) and has 19% jockey Gaffalione up. A Saratoga first-level allowance win is encouraging but an overall 2-for-13 mark is not. He runs from off the pace.

#8 Hot Blooded wheels back off a Dec. 26 appearance in the Tropical Park Derby at 95-1. He’s won just 2 of 14 starts and has an assortment of stakes-level starts under his belt with little success.

#9 Hawkish is a 7-year-old that saw some of his best racing in ’19 and ’20. He’s 0-for-6 at the distance on turf.

#10 Vow Me Now is a 6-year-old with a win 2 back in a $16k starter. He’s won 8 of 19 lifetime and 7 of 12 at GP. Those are impressive stats. He has speed, must overcome an outside post and figures to be widest of all early. Perhaps too much to overcome? Trainer Plesa and jockey Lopez have been a solid team for a while.

At a Square Price: #5
Maybe: #1, #3
Bombs Away: #8

Race 9
This allowance/$62k optional claiming race at one mile and one-sixteenth has attracted a pair of talented 4-year-old runners with recent Big Apple-stakes experience. That can happen during the Gulfstream winter meet where a clash between top outfits often make a Pick N single-seeker cross-eyed.

#2 Capocostello, a multiple Grade 1 winner in Panama, isn’t an attractive selection in here, but the 6-year-old horse is worth a mention because he has incredibly unusual form: Over wet surfaces he’s won 11 races with 3 seconds! While that’s an outstandingly consistent record, what most amazing is that of the 15 times he raced, 14 times it’s been over ‘wet’ surfaces. We’ve never seen a past performance as unusual as this one and we’ve seen plenty of past performances. To paraphrase the lyrics of a once popular tune:
It never rains in Panama City,
But girl, don’t they warn ya?
It pours, man, it pours.

#3 American Prince is a lightly raced local 4-year-old with 2 wins and a second in four starts. He’s a speedster lacking the cache of some of his foes but probably still a tough ‘out’ in here. He’ll make the popular new faces run for the money.

#4 Vindictive opened eyes when he posted a 97 Beyer Speed Figure to break maiden going one mile and one-eighth at Saratoga. He immediately returned to win a first level allowance Spa race in his next start. Any colt that cashes that parlay has talent. After a failed attempt at a second-level allowance race at Belmont, again, at one mile and one-eighth, this colt posted a 101 BSF when third, beaten less than 2 lengths in the Discovery at Aqueduct. Top trainer Pletcher and top jock Saez combine skills.

#5 Olympiad was purchased for a neat $700k as a yearling and has 2 wins, a second and a third from 5 appearances. Both victories came at 7 furlongs—Saratoga maiden and Keeneland first-level allowance. His best-rated effort earned a 105 BSF when runner-up to stablemate Baby Yoda in a first-level Spa allowance race. Last out, the 4-year-old colt finished a troubled fourth, beaten over 4 lengths in the Gr. 1 Cigar Mile at Aqueduct. He has more speed than #4 Vindictive but he’s never been around 2 turns.

Should Be Interesting: #4, #5

Race 10
This six-furlong state-bred stakes race has attracted some serious early speed. No less than 5 of these would like to be in front at the start so that they can be there at the finish. Unfortunately, the lead figures to be a hot spot and all that early scuffling could open the door to someone with a longer fuse. Of course, not all 5 front-running types are likely to go for the lead. After all, everyone reads the same past performances and knows what will happen after a suicidal pace. Should be an interesting first quarter mile.

#1 Cool Quest starts for a hot trainer, has speed and has 2 wins that both came in wire-to-wire fashion. The rail is no bargain for this guy unless he can sit under Leparoux. That would be a new dimension for him.

#2 Pudding got hot during the summer when the 7-year-old gelding ripped off four consecutive wins at the $20-$25k claiming level. His last two races were solid, and he loves GP. Seven furlongs seems a better distance for him, but he’s got the right style for this race if the speed gets crazy.

#5 Gatsby attracts top jock Saez off a series of 4 solid recent races. Three back he destroyed #2 Pudding by more than 7 lengths and 2 back was less than a length behind that foe—all at the $62-$80k optional claiming level. A 1 for 10 record at the distance isn’t encouraging.

#7 Legal Deal was 2 lengths better than #2 Pudding last out in the Claiming Crown Rapid Transit. A 6-13 mark at GP and a 3-7 record at the distance give this one some real strength in here. Another piece of good news is that the 5-year-old gelding has drawn outside of the other speed in the race and probably can force the pace from there. Jockey Gonzalez won on him 2 starts back.

Best: #7
Next: #5, #2

Race 11
This one-mile turf race finds the rail set at 35 feet and that should give speed a slight advantage. Several experienced runners with decent proven or expected improving form will be met by first-time starters from winning outfits. Turf races often go to the horse with the best trip and that could be the case here as no one really holds a strong edge over the rest. The tote board may offer clues but those are too late for the Pick 4. This one could go any number of ways; Pick 4 players ought to look at spreading the net.

#1 Principe d’Oro is a first-time starter from the powerful Pletcher stable (42%) and is ridden by top jock Saez (27%). Together they click at a strong 29%. A steady work tab for this $650k yearling purchase bred by chef and television personality Bobby Flay suggests talent.

#3 Dream of a Day has four starts under his belt and will race first-time Lasix in here. Trainer Barclay Tagg probably hopes that’s enough to put this one over the hump following three consecutive runner-up efforts—two on turf, one on synthetic—all since blinkers were added. Daily Racing Form Beyer Speed Figures have improved with each start. Can’t either love or ignore this late runner with Leparoux in the irons.

#4 Tallahatchiebridge is a son of Will Take Charge bred and owned by the Ramseys and making a first start for 24% winning trainer Saffie Joseph. First-time starters and turf runners are two of the few categories he doesn’t excel in.

#5 Skylander is a Godolphin runner trained by Bill Mott. He rallied from far back last out to just miss at this distance and over this surface. He races with first-time Lasix. Two previous efforts at Belmont Park were not as exciting.

#6 Grand David makes an initial grass start off a dirt sprint and two synthetic routes. He showed speed in the two-turn races, although with slow fractions. He also lost ground in the stretch of both of those races but earned two of the top Beyer Speed Figures in the race. 24% trainer Victor Barboza and jockey Paco Lopez hit at 36% (14 starts) together and the rider takes over from Jaramillo, who moves to #12 Moms Moon. The trainer has been successful with first time turf, first time Lasix and synthetic to turf runners in the past.

#7 Romanichal is a first-time starter from the Rusty Arnold outfit and the barn is not known for scoring either first out (3%) or first-time turf (4%).

#8 Border War is a Joe Allen War Front homebred making a first start for trainer Shug McGaughey, who has average first time out, turf and distance stats. Castellano rides and he’s 18% overall and 27% at the meet with Shug, so they’ve enjoyed some success together. Easy work tab shows a pair of interesting four-furlong breezes.

#10 La Maquina is fit off a front-running try first out going a mile and 70 yards Dec. 19. He faded to fourth in that race, passed late by #11 Simms, who was also making his first career start. They finished a mere length and one-half apart. Trainer Gargan is 18% second time out and combines with jockey Vasquez to hit at 28%. This one ought to have more in the tank.

#11 Simms had a wide trip in his debut, checked briefly late and ought to improve a bit with the experience. Trainer Mark Casse is 16% second time out and about as good with synthetic to turfers. Jockey Gonzalez and Casse combine to hit at an awesome 30%.

Obviously: #1
Fit and Liable to Improve: #10, #11
Deeper Pockets Might Add: #3, #5, #6, #8

Race On!

Can'tPickAWinner
01-15-2022, 12:16 PM
Quick Picks for January 15, 2022

Aqueduct Racetrack (NYRA)
Race #1- #2 MIDASWELLRUN; #4 WAR NOVEL; #5 RAISING SAND
Race #2- #3 BELLE TAPISSERIE; #5 GETOFFMYBACK; #7 JOYCEE HAZ PIZZAZ
Race #3- #6 CHARGE ACCOUNT; #2 BEE BIT; #1 MAKINGCENTS
Race #4- #2 ROOSKI; #5 TWEAQUED; #4 OFALLTHEGINJOINTS
Race #5- #3 JERUSALEM GATES; #6 BREAKING STONES; #1 FOTIS
Race #6- #6 SUPER JOHN; #2 MANDATORY PAYOUT; #8 GREAT WORKOUT
Race #7- #6 KEPT WAITING; #2 MY ROXY GIRL; #1 GOLDEN PLUME
Race #8- #8 SANDY’S GARDEN; #6 LEELOO; #9 THINKING IT OVER
Race #9- #8 MY LAST MISSION; #6 PURSUIT OF JUSTICE; #4 WINETASTIC

Charles Town Racing
Race #1- #4 SPECTACULO; #3 NOBALLSTWOSTRIKES; #5 WITH SECRET ENERGY
Race #2- #4 TONALA; #1 GLORY MARCH; #2 WILD CAPPUCINO
Race #3- #3 ROOKIE SALSA; #1 ANOTHER VICTORY; #6 BOASTER
Race #4- #6 REMYS GUNSMOKE; #8 ROAD PARTY; #2 CATS DIAMOND BOY
Race #5- #1 MS HEADLEY; #8 LOOKINGFORANEWSPOT; #7 BELLA GIANNA
Race #6- #6 MISSIONSNINETYNINE; #8 DESHACKLED; #5 ROOF TOP BAR
Race #7- #8 TO THE FRONT; #3 MOSBY’S RANGER; #6 STRETCH THE TRUTH
Race #8- #6 ALPINE MOON; #7 JESSICA; #8 KALENJIN
Race #9- #6 ADMIRE; #3 ODDS ON; #9 PECULIAR SENSATION

Delta Downs
Race #1- #3 TEXAS MAMA; #4 LIL EVA JANE; #7 SWEET AMELIA
Race #2- #3 ALTERANA; #2 BORN AGAIN GEORGE; #5 KNOCKALITTLELOUDER
Race #3- #8 ORDER UP ANOTHER; #1 ASTRO FLASH; #7 TOOSIE
Race #4- #1 BRIAN’S IRON MIKE; #2 HOME VISIT; #5 DANCIN WITH ANGELS
Race #5- #6 LADDIE BOY; #3 SUMMER APPEAL; #4 FROM NOW ON
Race #6- #8 CAPE TOWN WILLY; #7 HE HAD A SECRET; #1 WAYPOINT
Race #7- #6 B B MOODY; #4 PARLAY PETE; #2 PARK RIDGE BENNY
Race #8- #5 HUFFS TAZ A BOO; #1 UNFATHOMED; #7 THAT’S D ‘CAT
Race #9- #1 LULLABY BANDIT; #11 M AND M’S CUSTOM; #5 SASSY’S PROSPECTOR

Fair Grounds Race Course
Race #1- #4 POWER JET; #5 GREELEY WENT WEST; #3 THIRTYSIX G’S
Race #2- #7 BALLINONABUDJET; #5 WE NEED A FIVE; #9 RANCH BADGE
Race #3- #8 LEMON AND DIEM; #1 CLUB SODA; #5 JURISDICTION
Race #4- #10 HAZY COMMAND; #1 SPRING MAGIC; #7 CHOPIN DRIVE
Race #5- #2 BOX OF PICTURES; #6 THAT’S MY MAMA; #1 DELTA TRAVELER
Race #6- #9 PERFECT CHOICE; #5 CLARA PEETERS; #10 MISTY VEIL
Race #7- #1A TIZAFEELIN; #1 SHORT SUMMER DRESS; #3 HONORIFIQUE
Race #8- #10 BELIEVING; #9 YOUENS; #3 GAMBLING CAT
Race #9- #1 BALADI; #5 HOIST THE GOLD; #6 STRAVA

Gulfstream Park
Race #1- #6 SOLAR TAP; #2 MOON AT MIDNIGHT; #7 BOGGIEMIESTER
Race #2- #1 LARA’S LADY; #2 MADAME CLAUDE; #5 DEL REY DOLLY
Race #3- #5 CONGLOMERATE; #2 CONGRATS AGAIN; #1 MIGHTY TOUGH
Race #4- #7 STRIKE THE TOP; #6 POPPY’S BOYS; #3 P H FACTOR
Race #5- #4 EMBOLDEN; #3 THRESHOLD; #7 SIR SEAMUS
Race #6- #3 SHAMROCKET; #2 BIG VENEZUELA; #7 GLORY OF FLORIDA
Race #7- #2 COPACETIC; #6 QUEEN OF LIES; #8 FAST AS FLIGHT
Race #8- #3 PROVEN STRATEGIES; #2 SAVVY; #5 MIRA MISSION
Race #9- #7 HIGHEST HONORS; #4 VINDICTIVE; #2 CAPOCOSTELLO
Race #10- #3 LUGAMO; #2 PUDDING; #1 COOL QUEST
Race #11- #3 DREAM OF A DAY; #6 GRAND DAVID; #9 MALIBU TIME

Mahoning Valley Race Course
Race #1- #3 KIKI’S LULU ROSE; #4 PUDDLE STOMP; #6 TUFFIAN
Race #2- #3 MISCHIEVOUS ROGUE; #4 LEWD; #6 GOODBYELLOWBRICKRD
Race #3- #7 MY D'VALENTINE; #2 YARMA D’ BOSS; #9 SLICKSNEAKYANDFAST
Race #4- #5 HIDDEN PRIDE; #4 PAYTON PRETTY; #7 WELLOILEDCAT
Race #5- #8 ULTRA RAYS; #5 HIGHLY EXPLOSIVE; #3 COMPANYS COMING
Race #6- #1 J P’S SONG; #6 HIT THIS TOWN; #7 JOE COOL
Race #7- #8 WAPAKONETA PHIL; #7 YOU’RE MY BOY BLUE; #1 BRINK POINT
Race #8- #6 BRILLIANTBENNY; #7 DANCE MOVES; #9 VOLUME LEADER

Oaklawn Park
Race #1- #2 CHASE TRACKER; #1A CALL OF HONOR; #3 AFRICAN WARRIOR
Race #2- #9 MONTGOMERY PARK; #1 NISI PRIUS; #5 BITTER VIXEN
Race #3- #9 GIRLS A BULLET; #2 LICHITA; #1A HOPTOWN HONEY
Race #4- #5 MAGNOLIA MIDNIGHT; #3 AMERICAN XPERIMENT; #1 FORTY STRIPES
Race #5- #8 FIGHTINGTEMPTATION; #12 BLAME NELLIE; #2 AIN’T SHE A PISTOL
Race #6- #6 FIVE DREAMS; #3 ERNIE BANKER; #1 WINDCRACKER
Race #7- #2 KUPUNA; #13 ROME; #4 LIFE ON THE NILE
Race #8- #4 NECKER ISLAND; #5 CONCERT TOUR; #8 SILVER PROSPECTOR
Race #9- #10 IMA BLING CAT; #9 CAPTAIN DON; #13 MO BETTA

Sam Houston Race Park
Race #1- #7 LINC’S BOY; #2 TALK OF TEXAS; #5 CHIEF BRADY
Race #2- #5 AVENDORE; #4 AURELIA PAULINA; #1 UNINHIBITED
Race #3- #2 RUSH THE COLORS; #4 READY EDGE; #1 CLAIMJUMPER
Race #4- #6 SAMURAI CAUSE; #1 GOOD SCOUT; #2 GOLD PILOT
Race #5- #5 SHIRLEY’S TEMPLE; #7 MUSICAL MILLIE; #6 KALLINIKI
Race #6- #2 SPERLE; #7 MAGAZINE STREET; #1 VIENNA PRIZE
Race #7- #2B ROSIE’S OUTLAW; #7 MORRICONE; #4 MR HANDS ON
Race #8- #5 SPANX LEGACY; #6 CONTENT; #2 QUINN ELLA
Race #9- #9 FEDERAL HILL; #8 BIG BERNIE; #6 NORTHERN ORBIT

Santa Anita Park
Race #1- #3 FORE FLAG; #2 WORSE READ SANCHEZ; #5 JACK SIXPACK
Race #2- #4 BELLE MY BELLE; #3 CAUSE SHE’S A LADY; #1 GHOSTEM
Race #3- #4 FINNEUS; #5 STRAIGHT UP G; #3 FAST DRAW MUNNINGS
Race #4- #1 SQUARE CAT; #4 HAIL FREEDOM; #6 MASK OFF
Race #5- #6 REAL POUCH; #2 BIG GUN; #5 SMILING GOODBYE
Race #6- #5 CAMINO DEL PARAISO; #8 INDIAN PEAK; #1 WHOOPING JAY
Race #7- #2 SCARY FAST SMILE; #4 GATES OF HEAVEN; #1 ADMIRABLY
Race #8- #2 CALIFORNIA KOOK; #9 WARREN’S SHOWTIME; #8 GOVERNOR GOTEVEN
Race #9- #3 BRICKYARD RIDE; #8 COLT FICTION; #7 PRINCIPE CARLO
Race #10- #7 PROFESSORS’ PRIDE; #3 VIVACIOUS VANESSA; #1 BIG NOVEL

Sunland Park
Race #1- #3 JESS KING MAX; #12 FS EYE MAXX; #8 SOLITA
Race #2- #9 WALKED AWAY; #2 CLASS ACT CORONA V; #4 WINNER TAKES IT ALL
Race #3- #9 MAGNA MOON; #6 DO YOU DO FOR ZOOMIN; #7 BILLY DE KID
Race #4- #5 CAT DADDYS LIL GIRL; #11 OUTTA DEBT; #4 CHICKY CHICKY KAI
Race #5- #2 REVOLT AND RIOT; #6 SUPER HUNK; #4 NORWOOD
Race #6- #6 CORRINA CORRINA; #5 MISS ABILITY; #1 DESERT SPIRIT
Race #7- #2 ARIMONY; #5 BRAZILIAN SUMMER; #3 LEATHERNECK
Race #8- #3 LARIAT; #6 TUCUM; #8 CERVEZA
Race #9- #5 STORM N GOLD; #4 FI FI D'ORO; #10 MS HIGHSPEED

Tampa Bay Downs
Race #1- #9 NONA RAC; #1 TWO STEP DANCE; #6 CPOWER
Race #2- #8 LOVIN LIVIN; #1 LETS TAKE IT IZZY; #4 MONIQUES DAREDEVIL
Race #3- #11 HARD TEN; #4 SKILLFUL; #2 MR. EINSTEIN
Race #4- #10 SMART SPENDING; #11 PLATINUMCENTS; #9 BALL LIGHTNING
Race #5- #5 CATTIN; #7 MAGICAL MOUSSE; #4 MARKHAMIAN
Race #6- #8 STRATEGIC BIRD; #5 OUTFOXED; #6 PLATINUM GEM
Race #7- #7 SUMMER OF MISCHIEF; #6 LI'L MISS CAMILLE; #10 ILLOGICAL LOVE
Race #8- #2 KURAMATA; #5 SHIRL’S SPEIGHT; #1 HIDDEN STASH
Race #9- #7 ALLWORTHY; #9 WE THE CLOUDS; #5 DON’T GET KHOZY
Race #10- #1 INVESTMENTSTRATEGY; #12 VENUS OYZO; #7 WEEZY DOES IT

Turfway Park
Race #1- #8 PRINCESS D'ORO; #2 PAULAS GAME; #1 VOW SAVER
Race #2- #2 SLIABH AUGHTY; #5 BELAFONTE; #4 ALPHA DOG
Race #3- #4 GUILDER; #5 FANTASTIC RIVA; #9 BEARS BREECHES
Race #4- #8 LAVENDER EARL; #11 VAIL OF HONOR; #7 DRUM AND BASS
Race #5- #6 RUBRIC; #4 ROSE HARBOR; #2 HARVEST
Race #6- #1 FATE FACTOR; #7 ENCHANTED NILE; #8 NEW ROO
Race #7- #14 JUULSTONE; #12 TEMPLET; #7 ROYNE
Race #8- #3 LONELY JUNE; #12 HOUSE WRECKER; #6 STORMY WAGER

Can'tPickAWinner
01-15-2022, 12:32 PM
Charles Town Selections for January 15, 2022 – Horse Racing Picks

By Kyle E in Horse Racing — Jan 15th, 2022 3:22am PST

Charles Town Selections for January 15, 2022 – Horse Racing Picks

We’re back on the racetrack at BetOnline with six more selections. BetOnline has a big offering with 11 racecourses available for wagering this afternoon and evening. This is typically a day of the week where you’ll find big stakes racing.

Industry Leading 9% Cashback!

It’s not exactly a weekend for notable stakes races, though. The biggest are three $200,000 events at Santa Anita Park. It’s not much with not even a graded event on the schedule.

I’m going to take a pass on Santa Anita and head to Gulfstream Park and Charles Town. Gulfstream Park has the $3,000,000 and $1,000,000 Pegasus races on the dirt and turf at the end of the month.

Charles Town has nine races worth $198,500 in West Virginia tonight. If you want racing under the lights you will have it at Charles Town. Head below for our best Charles Town picks on January 15, 2022.
Taking Your Horse Race Betting to the Next Level
Race 2
(1) Glory March
+300 (3/1)
(2) Wild Cappucino
+500 (5/1)
(3) Win then Grin
+600 (6/1)
(4) Tonala
+120 (6/5)
(5) Unexpectedly
+1500 (15/1)
(6) Paint it Green
+800 (8/1)
(7) Esther’s Fortune
+1500 (15/1)

Post Time: 7:32 p.m. EST
Purse:$13,700

The second assignment at Charles Town runs for 1 1/16 miles on the dirt. Glory March and Tonala are going to be tough to compete with in Race 2.

Glory March is 2 for 14 in her career, failing to win since May 22 at Pimlico. She has gone winless in ten races since then.

In her previous three attempts, Glory March finished 2nd, 2nd, 6th. Glory March placed 2nd behind Handscratch by 3 ½ lengths for a $13,700 purse.

She came back to place 2nd behind Fudge Cake by 1 ¾ lengths for a $13,200 prize. In the same class, expect Glory March to get back to her competitive ways.

Tonala is 2 for 22 in her career, and has finished 5th, 1st, 1st in her last three. After finishing 5th on October 24 in a $21,000 race, Tonala defeated Silver and Blues by 8 ¼ lengths for $12,100.

In her next outing, she followed up with a 5 ½ length win in another $12,100 assignment on December 16. Up slightly to $13,700, I still have confidence in the No. 4.
The Bet
(4) TONALA
+120
Place Bet Now!
Race 3
(1) Another Victory
+180 (9/5)
(2) Brother Corbin
+1200 (12/1)
(3) Rookie Salsa
+200 (2/1)
(4) Hobe Sound
+800 (8/1)
(5) Martinkelly
+600 (6/1)
(6) Boaster
+1200 (12/1)

Post Time: 8:02 p.m. EST
Distance: 7 Furlongs
Purse:$33,000

Race 3 covers 7 furlongs on the dirt for a $33,000 purse. Rookie Salsa and Another Victory should be tough to compete with the third at Charles Town.

Rookie Salsa is 6 for 22 in his career and has finished 1st, 2nd, 8th, 6th in four attempts. The gelding beat W W Springtime by ¾ lengths for a $29,260 purse on October 28.
He finished 6th most recently on New Year’s Eve for a $36,915 assignment. We will have to see more from Rookie Salsa, though this looks easier.

Another Victory is 6 for 18 in his career, with finishes of 1st, 1st, 2nd in his last three attempts. He was a winner by 1 length for a $33,000 purse on October 23.

In his next, he followed up again for another $33,000 win. Another Victory was prevented from grabbing a hat-trick, settling for 2nd on December 8 for a $33,000 prize.

This looks like a good spot for Another Victory to edge out this field to get back on the winning track.
The Bet
(1) ANOTHER VICTORY
+180
Place Bet Now!
Race 7
(1) Warm Summy Breeze
+1500 (15/1)
(2) Gaming Jack
+3000 (30/1)
(3) Mosby’s Ranger
+2000 (20/1)
(4) Black Candy
+200 (2/1)
(5) Fluent in Sarcasm
+2000 (20/1)
(6) Stretch the Truth
+2000 (20/1)
(7) Gran City
+400 (4/1)
(8) To the Front
+100 (1/1)

Post Time: 10:02 p.m. EST
Distance:4 ½ Furlongs
Purse:$20,900

Our final selection of the day on Saturday is a short 4 ½ furlong sprint for the top prize. Expect Black Candy and To the Front to put something into this race.

Black Candy is 8 for 33 in his career and finished in the top-3 in 13 straight races going into Saturday. This is a consistent and willing gelding.

He beat Company Clown by ¾ lengths for a $30,800 purse. Black Candy came back to place 2nd behind To the Front by a half-length in a $20,900 race.

In his most recent, Black Candy showed 3rd on November 6 in a $20,900 event. He should be competitive, but faces a tough rematch versus To the Front.

To the Front is sizing up his fourth win in five faces. He’s gone 1st, 1st, 2nd, 1st in his last four, with a half-length win over Freedom is Ringing in his latest assignment.

To the Front placed 2nd behind Ruling by 2 lengths in a $20,900 race on November 17 to block a hat-trick, but got right back on the winning side. Expect To the Front to carry on with more success on Saturday night.
The Bet
(8) TO THE FRONT
+100

Can'tPickAWinner
01-15-2022, 12:32 PM
Sal Michaels Jan 15 '22, 2:00 PM in 1h
NCAA-B | Dartmouth vs Pennsylvania
Play on: Dartmouth +5½ -110 at Mirage

Free Play on Dartmouth +5½ -110

Can'tPickAWinner
01-15-2022, 12:33 PM
Alex Smart Jan 15 '22, 2:05 PM in 1h
NHL | Capitals vs Islanders
Play on: UNDER 5½ -105

The NY Isles are in desperation mode and need wins after a big time swoon because of injuries and covid protocol issues . Now the Isles after a 3 game win streak and will to continue to strive for upward momentum via their strong defensive system that has been bolstered by some younger legs of late ir Dobson, Walhstrom, Bellows.)Nothing changes today vs rivals Washington who are also in desperation mode after 4 straight losses. Needless to say Im betting on some grueling action today that resembles post season play which in turn will result in most of game being played in conservative transition which will contribute to a combined score that remains on the low side of the total.
NY ISLANDERS are 6-0 UNDER in home games after playing 2 consecutive home games this season.
Under is 5-2 in Capitals last 7 games as a road favorite.
Under is 7-3-1 in the last 11 meetings.
Play on the UNDER

Can'tPickAWinner
Dustin Hawkins Jan 15 '22, 4:00 PM in 3h
NCAA-B | North Texas vs Western Kentucky
Play on: North Texas +2½ -110 at Mirage

1 Dimer on North Texas +2½ -110

Can'tPickAWinner
Jack Jones Jan 15 '22, 4:00 PM in 3h
NCAA-B | California vs Washington State
Play on: California +9½ -107 at pinnacle

Jack's Free Pick Saturday: California +9.5
These are two pretty evenly-matched teams today in California and Washington State. So catching 9.5 points with the Golden Bears and asking the Cougars to win by double-digits to beat us is a nice value.
California has been one of the most underrated teams in the country all season. They are 9-8 SU & 12-5 ATS. They will be highly motivated for a victory coming off three straight losses to USC, UCLA and Washington, but they were competitive in all three.
Washington State is just 2-5 SU & 2-5 ATS in its last seven games overall. The Cougars have been overvalued for weeks with outright upset losses to South Dakota State, New Mexico State, Boise State and Stanford during this stretch.
The Golden Bears are 7-1 ATS in their last eight games following a loss, including 5-0 ATS in their last five games following an ATS loss. Washington State is 1-5 ATS in its last six games vs. a team with a winning record. The Cougars are 1-4 ATS in their last five home games. Bet California Saturday.

Can'tPickAWinner
01-15-2022, 12:34 PM
Bobby Conn Jan 15 '22, 4:00 PM in 3h
NCAA-B | North Texas vs Western Kentucky
Play on: North Texas +1½ -110 at Mirage

1* Free Play on North Texas +1½ -110

Can'tPickAWinner
01-15-2022, 12:35 PM
Totals Guru Jan 15 '22, 4:30 PM in 3h
NFL | Raiders vs Bengals
Play on: OVER 48 -110

Free Total Annihilator On Raiders vs Bengals over 48 -110

Can'tPickAWinner
Info Plays Jan 15 '22, 4:30 PM in 3h
NFL | Raiders vs Bengals
Play on: Raiders +6 -110 at Ace

1* FREE INFO PLAY on Raiders +6 -110

Can'tPickAWinner
Sean Murphy Jan 15 '22, 4:30 PM in 3h
NFL | Raiders vs Bengals
Play on: UNDER 49 -110

Saturday NFL Free play. My selection is on the first half 'under' between Las Vegas and Cincinnati at 4:30 pm et on Saturday.
This is a fairly straight-forward situation to play a first half 'under' as both Derek Carr and Joe Burrow make their first NFL playoff appearances. The pressure is certainly about to ratchet up a notch or two for both quarterbacks, perhaps a little moreso with Burrow taking the field in front of the playoff win-starved home faithful in Cincinnati. While the Bengals in particular are known for their explosive, big play potential on offense with the dynamic duo of Burrow and Ja'Marr Chase leading the way. I actually think we'll see both offenses focus a little more on their quietly effective ground games early in this contest. Raiders RB Josh Jacobs is playing some of the best football of his young career and we know what Bengals veteran RB Joe Mixon is capable of. I think we see a classic case of two head coaches making their first playoff appearances and looking to keep their team from making the critical early mistake in this one. Once things open up, all bets are off, but in the first half, I expect a relatively low-scoring affair. Take the first half under.

Can'tPickAWinner
01-15-2022, 12:36 PM
Timothy Black Jan 15 '22, 6:00 PM in 5h
NCAA-B | Vanderbilt vs Georgia
Play on: UNDER 146½ -110

1* Best Bet on Vanderbilt/Georgia under 146½ -110

Can'tPickAWinner
01-15-2022, 12:38 PM
Brandon Lee Jan 15 '22, 6:00 PM in 5h
NCAA-B | Alabama vs Mississippi State
Play on: Alabama +1½ -110 at SC Consensus

FREE PICK: Alabama Crimson Tide +1.5
RATING: 30*
ROT#: 751
This feels like a great buy-low and sell-high spot with Alabama coming in off back-to-back losses and Mississippi State having won 5 of 6 and fresh off a big cover at home against Georgia. I just don't think the Bulldogs are on the same level as the Crimson Tide and we are going to get a very motivated and pissed off Alabama team.
The Crimson Tide have some head scratching losses, but they also have wins over Gonzaga, Houston, Tennessee, Florida and Miami. I got to believe they will be 100% invested in this one.
As for Mississippi State, they are 11-4, but a lot of that is schedule. The Bulldogs only two wins vs teams ranked in the Top 100 at KenPom are against No. 45 Arkansas and No. 97 Richmond. They also aren't just losing to top tier teams. Their 4 losses are to Louisville (No. 87), Minnesota (No. 77), Colorado St (No. 49) and Ole Miss (No. 100). Alabama is ranked No. 17. This is a clear-step up in competition and I don't think they have any business being favored here. Give me the Crimson Tide +1.5!

Can'tPickAWinner
01-15-2022, 12:39 PM
Kenny Walker Jan 15 '22, 8:15 PM in 7h
NFL | Patriots vs Bills
Play on: Patriots +5 -110 at Ace

Free Pick on Patriots

Can'tPickAWinner
Mike Williams Jan 15 '22, 8:15 PM in 7h
NFL | Patriots vs Bills

1* on Patriots +5 -110

Can'tPickAWinner
Hunter Price Jan 15 '22, 8:15 PM in 7h
NFL | Patriots vs Bills
Play on: Bills -4½ -110 at linepros

1* Free Pick on Bills -4½ -110

Can'tPickAWinner
Jimmy Boyd Jan 15 '22, 8:15 PM in 7h
NFL | Patriots vs Bills

1* Free Pick on Patriots +5 -110

Can'tPickAWinner
John Martin Jan 15 '22, 8:40 PM in 8h
NBA | Clippers vs Spurs
Play on: Spurs -2 -110 at pinnacle

1 Unit FREE PLAY on San Antonio Spurs -2
The Los Angeles Clippers are way short-handed right now. They have lost their last two road games at Phoenix by 17 and at New Orleans by 24. They won't be able to hang with the Spurs, who are getting healthier and motivated for a win after dropping five straight, including three of the last four by 5 points or fewer. The Clippers are 2-11 ATS when revenging a loss as a favorite this season. Los Angeles is 1-6 ATS in its last seven games against a team that wins less than 40% of their games. Give me the Spurs.

Can'tPickAWinner
01-15-2022, 12:40 PM
Cole Faxon Jan 15 '22, 9:00 PM in 8h
NCAA-B | Wyoming vs Utah State
Play on: OVER 144½ -110

FREE PLAY on Wyoming/Utah State over 144½ -110

Can'tPickAWinner
Steve Janus Jan 15 '22, 10:00 PM in 9h
Soccer | Juarez vs Cruz Azul
Play on: Cruz Azul -154 at BetVegas

1* Free Sharp Play on Cruz Azul -154

Can'tPickAWinner
Black Widow Jan 15 '22, 10:05 PM in 9h
NHL | Kings vs Seattle Kraken
Play on: UNDER 5½ +105

1* Free Wiseguy Play on Kings/Seattle Kraken under 5½ +105

Can'tPickAWinner
Dave Price Jan 15 '22, 11:00 PM in 10h
NCAA-B | BYU vs San Francisco
Play on: San Francisco -4 -115 at linepros

Dave's Saturday Free Play:
1* on San Francisco -4
The Key: The San Francisco Dons are 15-2 this year with their 2 losses coming by a combined 6 points and both came on the road. The Dons are 12-0 at home this year and winning by 17.4 PPG. They get to stay home after beating Loyola-Marymount 97-73 as 9-point favorites on Thursday. BYU has to travel after losing 84-110 at Gonzaga on Thursday. That's a big advantage for the Dons to get to stay at home as they will be more rested and prepared for this game than the Cougars will be. It's also a flat spot for BYU as they won't be as hungry for this game as they were to try and beat Gonzaga. Take San Francisco.

Can'tPickAWinner
01-15-2022, 12:41 PM
Tys Terrific Tips (http://www.tysterrifictips.com)
NFL
BUFFALO BILLS ‑4.5

Can'tPickAWinner
01-15-2022, 01:33 PM
Turfway Park Tip Sheet - January 15

TURFWAY PARK TIPS - SATURDAY, JANUARY 15, 2022

Historically our BEST BETS have finished in the money 60% of the time at this track.

RACE #1 $7,500 CLAIMING
1 MILE ON THE ALL WEATHER TRACK - POST TIME: 6:15 PM ET

BEST BET: #7 TAMI ANN

PICK ORDER

M/L

P#

HORSE NAME

JOCKEY

WIN

7-2

Tami Ann

T Canuto

PLACE

3-1

1A

Seaward

R Aragon

SHOW

7-2

Paulas Game

G Corrales

WILD CARD

3-1

Vow Saver

R Aragon

ALTERNATE 1

6-1

Big Liz

A Jimenez

ALTERNATE 2

5-1

Machisima

S Gonzalez

* EXACTA: 7-1 BOX, 1-2 BOX, 2-1 BOX

* TRIFECTA: 1/2/7 BOX, 1/1/2 BOX

RACE #2 $20,000 CLAIMING
1 MILE ON THE ALL WEATHER TRACK - POST TIME: 6:46 PM ET

PICK ORDER

M/L

P#

HORSE NAME

JOCKEY

WIN

4-1

Captain Fantastic

G Corrales

PLACE

8-1

The Blue Dragon

F Peterson

SHOW

4-1

Hellorhighwater

C Miller

WILD CARD

9-2

Belafonte

E Morales

ALTERNATE 1

15-1

Alpha Dog

J McKee

ALTERNATE 2

6-1

Pinballer

A Achard

* EXACTA: 10-6 BOX, 6-9 BOX, 9-5 BOX

* TRIFECTA: 6/9/10 BOX, 5/6/9 BOX

RACE #3 $5,000 CLAIMING
6 1/2 FURLONGS ON THE ALL WEATHER TRACK - POST TIME: 7:16 PM ET

PICK ORDER

M/L

P#

HORSE NAME

JOCKEY

WIN

3-1

Never Know Christy

E Esquivel

PLACE

6-1

Bears Breeches

A Jimenez

SHOW

15-1

C V Thunder

R Aragon

WILD CARD

6-1

De Bolt Light

R Bejarano

ALTERNATE 1

5-1

Super Lucy

T Canuto

ALTERNATE 2

12-1

Guilder

P W Ouzts

* EXACTA: 10-9 BOX, 9-1 BOX, 1-11 BOX

* TRIFECTA: 1/9/10 BOX, 1/9/11 BOX

RACE #4 $30,000 MAIDEN CLAIMING
1 MILE ON THE ALL WEATHER TRACK - POST TIME: 7:46 PM ET

BEST BET: #8 LAVENDER EARL

PICK ORDER

M/L

P#

HORSE NAME

JOCKEY

WIN

3-1

Lavender Earl

G Corrales

PLACE

5-1

Drum and Bass

J Talamo

SHOW

8-1

Honky Tonk Hero

C Orm

WILD CARD

8-1

Wamego

J Rocco Jr.

ALTERNATE 1

5-1

Sonic City

A Achard

ALTERNATE 2

8-1

K Rules

R Bejarano

* EXACTA: 8-7 BOX, 7-4 BOX, 4-12 BOX

* TRIFECTA: 4/7/8 BOX, 4/7/12 BOX

RACE #5 $62,000 MAIDEN SPECIAL WEIGHT
1 MILE ON THE ALL WEATHER TRACK - POST TIME: 8:14 PM ET

PICK ORDER

M/L

P#

HORSE NAME

JOCKEY

WIN

4-1

Closet Shopper

E Esquivel

PLACE

9-2

Temper Mint Twist

J Rocco Jr.

SHOW

4-1

Epona Bay

A Achard

WILD CARD

7-2

Rose Harbor

R Bejarano

ALTERNATE 1

3-1

Bahama Mischief

C Landeros

ALTERNATE 2

15-1

Fits the Jill

E Morales

* EXACTA: 7-8 BOX, 8-11 BOX, 11-4 BOX

* TRIFECTA: 7/8/11 BOX, 4/8/11 BOX

RACE #6 $100,000 STAKES
1 MILE ON THE ALL WEATHER TRACK - POST TIME: 8:46 PM ET

** BONUS COMMENTARY ** $100,000 LIKELY EXCHANGE STAKES

PICK ORDER

M/L

P#

HORSE NAME

JOCKEY

WIN

5-1

Alydiva

C Landeros

PLACE

3-1

New Roo

M Franklin

SHOW

7-2

Fate Factor

J Rocco Jr.

WILD CARD

4-1

Ylikedis

R Bejarano

ALTERNATE 1

5-1

Rogue Too

R Miranda

ALTERNATE 2

10-1

Good Fight

E Morales

* EXACTA: 1,4,6,8 Box

* TRIFECTA: 1,4,8/1,4,6,8/1,3,4,6,8

COMMENTS: ALYDIVA has a win and a second it a pair over Turfway. NEW ROO is a light switch horse, when shes on, shes tough to beat, when shes off, shes off. FATE FACTOR rides the high win rate rail and has hit the board in three of four on an all-weather track. YLIKEDIS ran the top, last race speed figure and has some decent works since.

RACE #7 $63,000 ALLOWANCE
1 MILE ON THE ALL WEATHER TRACK - POST TIME: 9:16 PM ET

BEST BET: #5 BUCK MOON

PICK ORDER

M/L

P#

HORSE NAME

JOCKEY

WIN

3-1

Buck Moon

G Corrales

PLACE

4-1

Cant Hide From Me

E T Baird

SHOW

12-1

Upstart Gentleman

E Esquivel

WILD CARD

8-1

Cool Rags

J Talamo

ALTERNATE 1

4-1

Hard Rye Guy

C Landeros

ALTERNATE 2

12-1

Epimythium

J Burke

* EXACTA: 5-4 BOX, 4-10 BOX, 10-6 BOX

* TRIFECTA: 4/5/10 BOX, 4/6/10 BOX

RACE #8 $20,000 MAIDEN CLAIMING
6 1/2 FURLONGS ON THE ALL WEATHER TRACK - POST TIME: 9:46 PM ET

PICK ORDER

M/L

P#

HORSE NAME

JOCKEY

WIN

6-1

House Wrecker

A Jimenez

PLACE

6-1

Watermark

E Esquivel

SHOW

5-1

Jims Bronze Star

S Gonzalez

WILD CARD

6-1

Rutabaga

J McKee

ALTERNATE 1

9-2

H. T. Xena

J Talamo

ALTERNATE 2

7-2

Lonely June

G Corrales

* EXACTA: 12-10 BOX, 10-8 BOX, 8-7 BOX

* TRIFECTA: 8/10/12 BOX, 7/8/10 BOX

Can'tPickAWinner
01-15-2022, 01:34 PM
Santa Anita Park Tip Sheet - January 15

SANTA ANITA TIPS - SATURDAY, JANUARY 15, 2022

Historically our BEST BETS have finished in the money 66% of the time at this track.

RACE #1 $67,000 MAIDEN SPECIAL WEIGHT
1 MILE ON THE TURF - POST TIME: 3:00 PM ET

BEST BET: #3 FORE FLAG

PICK ORDER

M/L

P#

HORSE NAME

JOCKEY

WIN

8-5

Fore Flag

J R Velazquez

PLACE

9-5

Worse Read Sanchez

M Gutierrez

SHOW

3-1

Jack Sixpack

K Frey

WILD CARD

20-1

Erebus

E A Maldonado

ALTERNATE 1

6-1

Big Papa Steve

T Baze

ALTERNATE 2

12-1

Vanisky

K J Desormeaux

* EXACTA: 3-2 BOX, 2-5 BOX, 5-4 BOX

* TRIFECTA: 2/3/5 BOX, 2/4/5 BOX

RACE #2 $45,000 MAIDEN CLAIMING
6 FURLONGS ON THE DIRT - POST TIME: 3:30 PM ET

PICK ORDER

M/L

P#

HORSE NAME

JOCKEY

WIN

6-5

Cause Shes a Lady

K Frey

PLACE

3-1

Warrens Show Bizz

J J Hernandez

SHOW

7-2

Ghostem

D Van Dyke

WILD CARD

4-1

Tizzy Twister

A Cedillo

ALTERNATE 1

10-1

Belle My Belle

R Gonzalez

ALTERNATE 2

12-1

Blonde Bombshell

B Blanc

* EXACTA: 3-7 BOX, 7-1 BOX, 1-2 BOX

* TRIFECTA: 1/3/7 BOX, 1/2/7 BOX

RACE #3 $200,000 STAKES
1 1/16 MILES ON THE DIRT - POST TIME: 4:00 PM ET

** BONUS COMMENTARY ** $200,000 CALIFORNIA CUP DERBY

PICK ORDER

M/L

P#

HORSE NAME

JOCKEY

WIN

5-2

Finneus

J R Velazquez

PLACE

4-5

Straight Up G

R Gonzalez

SHOW

5-1

Highland Ghost

F Prat

WILD CARD

4-1

Fast Draw Munnings

D Van Dyke

ALTERNATE 1

20-1

Agador Spartacus

T Baze

ALTERNATE 2

20-1

Sippin N Kissin

A Cedillo

* EXACTA: 4,5/1,3,4,5

* TRIFECTA: 4,5/1,3,4,5/1,3,4,5,6

COMMENTS: FINNEUS was the favorite last out, finishing second to STRAIGHT UP G. A bullet work suggests FINNEUS could live up to the favorite status. STRAIGHT UP G made the last two look straight up EZ. HIGHLAND GHOST ships in from Golden Gate where is a nose from winning two in a row. FAST DRAW MUNNINGS should be better in his second route and third race off the bench.

RACE #4 $67,000 MAIDEN SPECIAL WEIGHT
6 FURLONGS ON THE TURF - POST TIME: 4:34 PM ET

BEST BET: #4 HAIL FREEDOM

PICK ORDER

M/L

P#

HORSE NAME

JOCKEY

WIN

8-5

Hail Freedom

F Prat

PLACE

3-1

Square Cat

T Baze

SHOW

4-1

Really Big News

U Rispoli

WILD CARD

8-1

Limited Heatwave

A Cedillo

ALTERNATE 1

5-1

Lemon Sushi

E A Maldonado

ALTERNATE 2

20-1

Partyofsixteen

D A Herrera

* EXACTA: 4-1 BOX, 1-7 BOX, 7-2 BOX

* TRIFECTA: 1/4/7 BOX, 1/2/7 BOX

RACE #5 $45,000 MAIDEN CLAIMING
6 FURLONGS ON THE DIRT - POST TIME: 5:05 PM ET

BEST BET: #8 ARTHUR SPOONER

PICK ORDER

M/L

P#

HORSE NAME

JOCKEY

WIN

3-1

Arthur Spooner

V Espinoza

PLACE

7-2

Make Mine Wine

D A Herrera

SHOW

4-1

Big Gun

J J Hernandez

WILD CARD

5-2

Smiling Goodbye

A Cedillo

ALTERNATE 1

12-1

Don Daniel

R Curatolo

ALTERNATE 2

6-1

Stay Lit

K Frey

* EXACTA: 8-3 BOX, 3-2 BOX, 2-5 BOX

* TRIFECTA: 2/3/8 BOX, 2/3/5 BOX

RACE #6 $200,000 STAKES
1 1/8 MILES ON THE TURF - POST TIME: 5:36 PM ET

** BONUS COMMENTARY ** $200,000 UNUSUAL HEAT TURF CLASSIC STUFF

PICK ORDER

M/L

P#

HORSE NAME

JOCKEY

WIN

7-2

Aligato

F Prat

PLACE

6-1

Whooping Jay

J Bravo

SHOW

3-1

Indian Peak

J R Velazquez

WILD CARD

4-1

Margots Boy

J J Hernandez

ALTERNATE 1

7-2

Camino Del Paraiso

R Gonzalez

ALTERNATE 2

12-1

Ferrariano

A Cedillo

* EXACTA: 1,2,3,8 Box

* TRIFECTA: 1,3,8/1,2,3,8/1,2,3,5,8

COMMENTS: ALIGATO has finished in the money four of four on turf. WHOOPING JAY tends to run well off the sidelines, like today, with wins in the last two after some rest. INDIAN PEAKs jockey and trainer combo have won 4 of seven together with a high ROI. MARGOTS BAY is a horse for the course with three wins in eight Santa Anita races, zero for 13 elsewhere.

RACE #7 $69,000 ALLOWANCE OPTIONAL CLAIMING
6 FURLONGS ON THE DIRT - POST TIME: 6:06 PM ET

PICK ORDER

M/L

P#

HORSE NAME

JOCKEY

WIN

4-1

Admirably

D A Herrera

PLACE

7-2

Scary Fast Smile

T Baze

SHOW

3-1

Gates of Heaven

F Prat

WILD CARD

7-2

Crash Corrigan

J J Hernandez

ALTERNATE 1

6-1

Suzie Qzz Brother

A Cedillo

ALTERNATE 2

12-1

Rookie Mistake

M Gutierrez

* EXACTA: 1-2 BOX, 2-4 BOX, 4-8 BOX

* TRIFECTA: 1/2/4 BOX, 2/4/8 BOX

RACE #8 $150,000 STAKES
6 1/2 FURLONGS ON THE DOWNHILL TURF - POST TIME: 6:36 PM ET

** BONUS COMMENTARY ** $150,000 SUNSHINE MILLIONS FILLY AND TURF SPRINT

PICK ORDER

M/L

P#

HORSE NAME

JOCKEY

WIN

3-1

Leggs Galore

R Gonzalez

PLACE

5-2

Warrens Showtime

J J Hernandez

SHOW

8-1

Alice Marble

F Prat

WILD CARD

8-1

California Kook

J R Velazquez

ALTERNATE 1

10-1

Shes Devoted

U Rispoli

ALTERNATE 2

10-1

Super Game

D Van Dyke

* EXACTA: 9,12/1,2,9,12

* TRIFECTA: 9,12/1,2,9,12/1,2,3,9,12

COMMENTS: LEGGS GALORE has four wins and a second in six Santa Anita efforts, all on turf. WARRENS SHOWTIME is a horse for the Santa Anita course with six wins in 12 races, just two in 12 elsewhere. ALICE MARBLE should improve in her second start off the bench, turf is the only question. CALIFORNIA KOOK is coming off her best race and new trainer Ruben Alvarado must believe turf is a good fit.

RACE #9 $150,000 STAKES
6 FURLONGS ON THE DIRT - POST TIME: 7:06 PM ET

** BONUS COMMENTARY ** $150,000 DON VALPREDO CALIFORNIA CUP SPRINT

PICK ORDER

M/L

P#

HORSE NAME

JOCKEY

WIN

3-1

Colt Fiction

J R Velazquez

PLACE

3-1

Positivity

F Prat

SHOW

9-5

Brickyard Ride

J J Hernandez

WILD CARD

6-1

Principe Carlo

K J Desormeaux

ALTERNATE 1

12-1

Letsgetlucky

D Van Dyke

ALTERNATE 2

12-1

Peaceful Transfer

E A Maldonado

* EXACTA: 3,4,7,8 Box

* TRIFECTA: 3,4,8/3,4,7,8/3,4,6,7,8

COMMENTS: COLT FICTION hit the board in four of five at Santa Anita and six of seven at the distance. POSITIVITY tied for the highest, last race speed figure and has some OK works since. BRICKYARD RIDE is stepping down in class and is a horse for the course with six wins in nine races, two for nine anywhere else. PRINCIPE CARLO finished first (3x) or second (6x) in nine at the worlds most beautiful track.

RACE #10 $200,000 STAKES
1 MILE ON THE TURF - POST TIME: 7:36 PM ET

** BONUS COMMENTARY ** $200,000 LEIGH ANN HOWARD CALIFORNIA CUP OAKS

PICK ORDER

M/L

P#

HORSE NAME

JOCKEY

WIN

4-1

Vivacious Vanessa

J J Hernandez

PLACE

7-2

Rose Dawson

F Prat

SHOW

5-2

Professors Pride

U Rispoli

WILD CARD

12-1

Dendera

K J Desormeaux

ALTERNATE 1

4-1

Big Novel

J R Velazquez

ALTERNATE 2

20-1

Madiha

K Frey

* EXACTA: 3,7,8,11 Box

* TRIFECTA: 3,7,11/3,7,8,11/1,3,7,8,11

COMMENTS: VIVACIOUS VANESSA improved nicely from her debut, went to the bench and returns after some good workouts. ROSE DAWSON won her debut with a big, late move, distance and surface are the questions. PROFESSORS PRIDE is undefeated in two and has a few good works since her last race. DENDERA ran her best on turf where she has two wins in three starts, all at 1 mile, like today.

Can'tPickAWinner
01-15-2022, 01:36 PM
Tampa Bay Downs Tip Sheet - January 15

TAMPA BAY TIPS - SATURDAY, JANUARY 15, 2022

Historically our BEST BETS have finished in the money 69% of the time at this track.

RACE #1 $8,000 MAIDEN CLAIMING
6 1/2 FURLONGS ON THE DIRT - POST TIME: 12:14 PM ET

BEST BET: #1 TWO STEP DANCE

PICK ORDER

M/L

P#

HORSE NAME

JOCKEY

WIN

7-2

Two Step Dance

D Centeno

PLACE

3-1

Nona Rac

M Rowland

SHOW

6-1

Lil Green Machine

S Spanabel

WILD CARD

12-1

Royal Biz

R Mitchell

ALTERNATE 1

9-2

Giovanes Promise

F De La Cruz

ALTERNATE 2

4-1

Cpower

W A Garcia

* EXACTA: 1-9 BOX, 9-7 BOX, 7-3 BOX

* TRIFECTA: 1/7/9 BOX, 3/7/9 BOX

RACE #2 $8,000 CLAIMING
6 1/2 FURLONGS ON THE DIRT - POST TIME: 12:42 PM ET

PICK ORDER

M/L

P#

HORSE NAME

JOCKEY

WIN

5-2

Lets Take It Izzy

A A Gallardo

PLACE

2-1

Acting Lucky

F De La Cruz

SHOW

4-1

Lovin Livin

P Morales

WILD CARD

8-1

Catirusia

H R Diaz Jr.

ALTERNATE 1

30-1

Drills Valentine

C Lozada

ALTERNATE 2

12-1

My Blonde Mary

M Arroyo

* EXACTA: 1-7 BOX, 7-8 BOX, 8-6 BOX

* TRIFECTA: 1/7/8 BOX, 6/7/8 BOX

RACE #3 $8,000 CLAIMING
1 MILE 40 YARDS ON THE DIRT - POST TIME: 1:12 PM ET

PICK ORDER

M/L

P#

HORSE NAME

JOCKEY

WIN

9-2

Spanish Soul

J Bisono

PLACE

7-2

Skillful

A A Gallardo

SHOW

6-1

Thru the Vine

P Morales

WILD CARD

10-1

Starship Oreo

J L Castanon

ALTERNATE 1

7-2

Hard Ten

C Sutherland

ALTERNATE 2

3-1

Khozando

I Castillo

* EXACTA: 5-4 BOX, 4-8 BOX, 8-6 BOX

* TRIFECTA: 4/5/8 BOX, 4/6/8 BOX

RACE #4 $16,000 CLAIMING
1 MILE ON THE TURF - POST TIME: 1:42 PM ET

PICK ORDER

M/L

P#

HORSE NAME

JOCKEY

WIN

4-1

Ball Lightning

P Morales

PLACE

6-1

Musetta

J L Castanon

SHOW

7-2

Smart Spending

L Reyes

WILD CARD

8-1

Lullaby Land

F De La Cruz

ALTERNATE 1

5-1

Fall Moon

A Quinonez

ALTERNATE 2

8-1

Sweet Moochie

I Castillo

* EXACTA: 9-6 BOX, 6-10 BOX, 10-5 BOX

* TRIFECTA: 6/9/10 BOX, 5/6/10 BOX

RACE #5 $125,000 STAKES
7 FURLONGS ON THE DIRT - POST TIME: 2:14 PM ET

** BONUS COMMENTARY ** $125,000 PASCO STAKES

PICK ORDER

M/L

P#

HORSE NAME

JOCKEY

WIN

7-2

Cyberviking

C Sutherland

PLACE

2-1

Cattin

S Camacho

SHOW

3-1

Provocateur

A A Gallardo

WILD CARD

10-1

Gold Special

L Panici

ALTERNATE 1

10-1

Morgan Point

J Jude

ALTERNATE 2

12-1

Magical Mousse

I Castillo

* EXACTA: 1,2,5,6 Box

* TRIFECTA: 1,2,5/1,2,5,6/1,2,3,5,6

COMMENTS: Chantal tells us CYBERVIKING is hot soup. CATTIN ran the top, last race speed figure and gets Lasix for the first time. PROVOCATEUR won his last in his first trip across Tampa, a good work since. GOLD SPECIAL is a live longshot as he won by 7 3/4 lengths in his first TB run, bullet work since.

RACE #6 $125,000 STAKES
7 FURLONGS ON THE DIRT - POST TIME: 2:50 PM ET

** BONUS COMMENTARY ** $125,000 GASPARILLA STAKES

PICK ORDER

M/L

P#

HORSE NAME

JOCKEY

WIN

5-2

Strategic Bird

A A Gallardo

PLACE

2-1

Outfoxed

S Camacho

SHOW

4-1

Devine Charger

J L Castanon

WILD CARD

8-1

Platinum Gem

P Morales

ALTERNATE 1

15-1

She Nasty

C Sutherland

ALTERNATE 2

9-2

Goddess of Fire

H R Diaz Jr.

* EXACTA: 2,5,6,8 Box

* TRIFECTA: 2,5,8/2,5,6,8/2,3,5,5,8

COMMENTS: STRATEGIC BIRD, OUTFOXED and DEVINE CHARGER all ran last race speed figures above par for this level. STRATEGIC BIRD has the best combo of early and late run. Jockey Pablo Morales rides PLATINUM GEM. Morales has not left many wins on the table for other jockeys the last two Saturdays.

RACE #7 $31,500 MAIDEN SPECIAL WEIGHT
6 FURLONGS ON THE DIRT - POST TIME: 3:25 PM ET

PICK ORDER

M/L

P#

HORSE NAME

JOCKEY

WIN

3-1

Summer of Mischief

J C Ferrer

PLACE

6-1

Illogical Love

D Centeno

SHOW

15-1

Unbridled Ensign

A A Gallardo

WILD CARD

8-1

Quality

J L Castanon

ALTERNATE 1

9-2

Laugh and Play

S Camacho

ALTERNATE 2

10-1

Atomic Rose

P Morales

* EXACTA: 7-10 BOX, 10-11 BOX, 11-9 BOX

* TRIFECTA: 7/10/11 BOX, 9/10/11 BOX

RACE #8 $28,000 ALLOWANCE OPTIONAL CLAIMING
1 1/16 MILES ON THE TURF - POST TIME: 3:55 PM ET

BEST BET: #2 KURAMATA

PICK ORDER

M/L

P#

HORSE NAME

JOCKEY

WIN

2-1

Kuramata

S Camacho

PLACE

6-1

Patriot Drive

R Alvarado Jr.

SHOW

20-1

Obiwan

R Feliciano

WILD CARD

9-2

Hidden Stash

D Centeno

ALTERNATE 1

15-1

A Rose for Raven

J L Castanon

ALTERNATE 2

5-1

Shirls Speight

A A Gallardo

* EXACTA: 2-4 BOX, 4-10 BOX, 10-1 BOX

* TRIFECTA: 2/4/10 BOX, 1/4/10 BOX

RACE #9 $50,000 STAKES
1 1/16 MILES ON THE DIRT - POST TIME: 4:25 PM ET

PICK ORDER

M/L

P#

HORSE NAME

JOCKEY

WIN

5-1

Mollys Angel

A Quinonez

PLACE

5-2

Dont Get Khozy

L Reyes

SHOW

10-1

Striking Chrome

F De La Cruz

WILD CARD

20-1

All Good Times

D Centeno

ALTERNATE 1

9-5

Allworthy

S Camacho

ALTERNATE 2

12-1

Special Princess

C Sutherland

* EXACTA: 4-5 BOX, 5-6 BOX, 6-2 BOX

* TRIFECTA: 4/5/6 BOX, 2/5/6 BOX

RACE #10 $26,500 MAIDEN SPECIAL WEIGHT
1 1/16 MILES ON THE TURF - POST TIME: 4:55 PM ET

BEST BET: #1 INVESTMENTSTRATEGY

PICK ORDER

M/L

P#

HORSE NAME

JOCKEY

WIN

2-1

Investmentstrategy

S Camacho

PLACE

7-2

Weezy Does It

A A Gallardo

SHOW

8-1

Chica Boom

P Morales

WILD CARD

6-1

Richebourg

F De La Cruz

ALTERNATE 1

15-1

Dakota Dancer

J L Castanon

* EXACTA: 1-7 BOX, 7-5 BOX, 5-10 BOX

* TRIFECTA: 1/5/7 BOX, 5/7/10 BOX

Can'tPickAWinner
01-15-2022, 01:37 PM
Oaklawn Park Tip Sheet - January 15

OAKLAWN PARK TIPS - SATURDAY, JANUARY 15, 2022

Historically our BEST BETS have finished in the money 68% of the time at this track.

RACE #1 $10,000 CLAIMING
1 MILE ON THE DIRT - POST TIME: 1:30 PM ET

PICK ORDER

M/L

P#

HORSE NAME

JOCKEY

WIN

8-1

Axis

T J Pereira

PLACE

10-1

African Warrior

C A Torres

SHOW

4-1

Graves Mill Road

G Franco

WILD CARD

15-1

Demigod

A L Canchari

ALTERNATE 1

7-2

Behavin Myself

A Lopez

ALTERNATE 2

4-1

Chase Tracker

D Cabrera

* EXACTA: 6-3 BOX, 3-9 BOX, 9-7 BOX

* TRIFECTA: 3/6/9 BOX, 3/7/9 BOX

RACE #2 $50,000 CLAIMING
6 FURLONGS ON THE DIRT - POST TIME: 1:58 PM ET

BEST BET: #9 MONTGOMERY PARK

PICK ORDER

M/L

P#

HORSE NAME

JOCKEY

WIN

5-2

Montgomery Park

F Arrieta

PLACE

6-1

Nisi Prius

L S Quinonez

SHOW

6-1

Premier Wish

G Franco

WILD CARD

4-1

Hard Street

R A Vazquez

ALTERNATE 1

10-1

Lets Cruise

T J Pereira

ALTERNATE 2

15-1

Simonas Choice

C A Torres

* EXACTA: 9-1 BOX, 1-4 BOX, 4-7 BOX

* TRIFECTA: 1/4/9 BOX, 1/4/7 BOX

RACE #3 $27,000 STARTER OPTIONAL CLAIMING
6 FURLONGS ON THE DIRT - POST TIME: 2:26 PM ET

PICK ORDER

M/L

P#

HORSE NAME

JOCKEY

WIN

6-1

Princess Lilli Bug

R Santana Jr.

PLACE

3-1

Take Charge Erica

C A Torres

SHOW

8-1

Mongolian Lotus

D Cabrera

WILD CARD

15-1

Dontmeswithdiscat

F Geroux

ALTERNATE 1

5-1

Girls a Bullet

C Bailey

ALTERNATE 2

6-1

Lichita

F Arrieta

* EXACTA: 3-5 BOX, 5-4 BOX, 4-6 BOX

* TRIFECTA: 3/4/5 BOX, 4/5/6 BOX

RACE #4 $100,000 ALLOWANCE OPTIONAL CLAIMING
6 FURLONGS ON THE DIRT - POST TIME: 2:55 PM ET

PICK ORDER

M/L

P#

HORSE NAME

JOCKEY

WIN

9-2

Back to Normal

R Santana Jr.

PLACE

10-1

Pressure

R A Vazquez

SHOW

9-5

American Xperiment

J Rosario

WILD CARD

5-2

Buckingham Prince

F Geroux

ALTERNATE 1

4-1

Magnolia Midnight

D Cabrera

ALTERNATE 2

8-1

Forty Stripes

C A Torres

* EXACTA: 7-2 BOX, 2-3 BOX, 3-4 BOX

* TRIFECTA: 2/3/7 BOX, 2/3/4 BOX

RACE #5 $50,000 MAIDEN CLAIMING
6 FURLONGS ON THE DIRT - POST TIME: 3:21 PM ET

PICK ORDER

M/L

P#

HORSE NAME

JOCKEY

WIN

6-1

Aint She a Pistol

G Franco

PLACE

9-2

Blame Nellie

M Garcia

SHOW

7-2

Raceday Attire

E Gonzalez

WILD CARD

6-1

Fightingtemptation

R A Vazquez

ALTERNATE 1

10-1

Distorted Secrets

F Geroux

ALTERNATE 2

9-2

Argumental

R Santana Jr.

* EXACTA: 2-12 BOX, 12-11 BOX, 11-8 BOX

* TRIFECTA: 2/11/12 BOX, 8/11/12 BOX

RACE #6 $25,000 CLAIMING
6 FURLONGS ON THE DIRT - POST TIME: 3:51 PM ET

BEST BET: #5 OUTASITE

PICK ORDER

M/L

P#

HORSE NAME

JOCKEY

WIN

2-1

Outasite

F Geroux

PLACE

6-1

Five Dreams

J Rosario

SHOW

3-1

Ernie Banker

R A Vazquez

WILD CARD

10-1

Windcracker

G Franco

ALTERNATE 1

20-1

Special Pryce

E Gonzalez

ALTERNATE 2

30-1

Appraisal

L Contreras

* EXACTA: 5-6 BOX, 6-3 BOX, 3-1 BOX

* TRIFECTA: 3/5/6 BOX, 1/3/6 BOX

RACE #7 $84,000 MAIDEN SPECIAL WEIGHT
1 MILE ON THE DIRT - POST TIME: 4:19 PM ET

BEST BET: #2 KUPUNA

PICK ORDER

M/L

P#

HORSE NAME

JOCKEY

WIN

5-2

Kupuna

R Santana Jr.

PLACE

4-1

Switzer

R A Vazquez

SHOW

8-1

Life On the Nile

T J Pereira

WILD CARD

15-1

Little Frappucino

C A Torres

ALTERNATE 1

6-1

Blue Norther

M Garcia

ALTERNATE 2

15-1

King Doodle

F Arrieta

* EXACTA: 2-12 BOX, 12-4 BOX, 4-5 BOX

* TRIFECTA: 2/4/12 BOX, 4/5/12 BOX

RACE #8 $150,000 STAKES
1 MILE ON THE DIRT - POST TIME: 4:46 PM ET

PICK ORDER

M/L

P#

HORSE NAME

JOCKEY

WIN

5-2

Concert Tour

J Rosario

PLACE

8-1

Rated R Superstar

D Cabrera

SHOW

5-1

Thomas Shelby

D Cohen

WILD CARD

6-1

Snapper Sinclair

R A Vazquez

ALTERNATE 1

15-1

Atoka

L Contreras

ALTERNATE 2

10-1

Silver Prospector

R Santana Jr.

* EXACTA: 1,2,3,5 Box

* TRIFECTA: 1,2,5/1,2,3,5/1,2,3,5,6

COMMENTS: CONCERT TOUR has not raced since the Preakness, has the back class and been training well. RATED R SUPERSTAR has some super strong mid-late pace numbers, just needs to connect them in the same race. THOMAS SHELBY is speed and speed at Oaklawn wins. SNAPPER SINCLAIR hit the board in six of nine at Oaklawn.

RACE #9 $100,000 ALLOWANCE OPTIONAL CLAIMING
6 FURLONGS ON THE DIRT - POST TIME: 5:13 PM ET

PICK ORDER

M/L

P#

HORSE NAME

JOCKEY

WIN

7-2

Mo Choctaw

R A Vazquez

PLACE

3-1

Gar Hole

R Santana Jr.

SHOW

5-1

Ima Bling Cat

M Garcia

WILD CARD

8-1

Goodnight Archie

G Franco

ALTERNATE 1

12-1

Rubiginous

D Cohen

ALTERNATE 2

6-1

Captain Don

F Geroux

* EXACTA: 2-12 BOX, 12-10 BOX, 10-11 BOX

* TRIFECTA: 2/10/12 BOX, 10/11/12 BOX

Can'tPickAWinner
01-15-2022, 01:42 PM
Fair Grounds Tip Sheet - January 15

FAIR GROUNDS TIPS - SATURDAY, JANUARY 15, 2022

Historically our BEST BETS have finished in the money 63% of the time at this track.

RACE #1 $5,000 CLAIMING
1 MILE ON THE DIRT - POST TIME: 2:05 PM ET

PICK ORDER

M/L

P#

HORSE NAME

JOCKEY

WIN

6-1

Queeten

C J Hernandez

PLACE

5-2

Binding

R Gutierrez

SHOW

2-1

Power Jet

J P Vargas

WILD CARD

7-2

Thirtysix Gs

E Nieves

ALTERNATE 1

12-1

Greeley Went West

J Graham

ALTERNATE 2

8-1

Lucky Streaker

B Culp

* EXACTA: 1-2 BOX, 2-4 BOX, 4-3 BOX

* TRIFECTA: 1/2/4 BOX, 2/3/4 BOX

RACE #2 $20,000 CLAIMING
1 MILE ON THE TURF - POST TIME: 2:35 PM ET

PICK ORDER

M/L

P#

HORSE NAME

JOCKEY

WIN

6-1

Moment of Stardom

A Beschizza

PLACE

3-1

Ballinonabudjet

C J Hernandez

SHOW

9-2

Wish Upon a Star

A Green

WILD CARD

4-1

We Need a Five

M Pedroza Jr.

ALTERNATE 1

12-1

Ranch Badge

J Graham

ALTERNATE 2

6-1

Cpriority

A Broussard

* EXACTA: 4-7 BOX, 7-2 BOX, 2-5 BOX

* TRIFECTA: 2/4/7 BOX, 2/5/7 BOX

RACE #3 $7,500 CLAIMING
6 FURLONGS ON THE DIRT - POST TIME: 3:05 PM ET

PICK ORDER

M/L

P#

HORSE NAME

JOCKEY

WIN

5-2

Club Soda

J P Vargas

PLACE

9-2

Chapel Barn

B Culp

SHOW

7-2

Lemon and Diem

R Morales

WILD CARD

6-1

Jack the Ripper

R Gutierrez

ALTERNATE 1

6-1

Murdo

O Mojica

ALTERNATE 2

8-1

Will Knows

R Diaz

* EXACTA: 1-3 BOX, 3-8 BOX, 8-4 BOX

* TRIFECTA: 1/3/8 BOX, 3/4/8 BOX

RACE #4 $46,000 MAIDEN SPECIAL WEIGHT
1 1/16 MILES ON THE TURF - POST TIME: 3:35 PM ET

PICK ORDER

M/L

P#

HORSE NAME

JOCKEY

WIN

7-2

Shishito

C J Hernandez

PLACE

9-2

Honey Run

R Gutierrez

SHOW

6-1

Zisisit

J Loveberry

WILD CARD

6-1

Cecilita

J Graham

ALTERNATE 1

3-1

Hazy Command

C J Hernandez

ALTERNATE 2

6-1

Treasure of War

B J Hernandez Jr.

* EXACTA: 6-9 BOX, 9-5 BOX, 5-3 BOX

* TRIFECTA: 5/6/9 BOX, 3/5/9 BOX

RACE #5 $52,000 MAIDEN SPECIAL WEIGHT
6 FURLONGS ON THE DIRT - POST TIME: 4:05 PM ET

BEST BET: #1 DELTA TRAVELER

PICK ORDER

M/L

P#

HORSE NAME

JOCKEY

WIN

9-5

Delta Traveler

C J Hernandez

PLACE

5-2

Box of Pictures

R Morales

SHOW

6-1

Mercedes Ladies

B Culp

WILD CARD

9-2

Thats My Mama

A Beschizza

ALTERNATE 1

12-1

Mrs. Necaise

J L Vega

ALTERNATE 2

8-1

Lady Churchill

D Carroll

* EXACTA: 1-2 BOX, 2-5 BOX, 5-6 BOX

* TRIFECTA: 1/2/5 BOX, 2/5/6 BOX

RACE #6 $48,000 ALLOWANCE OPTIONAL CLAIMING
1 1/8 MILES ON THE TURF - POST TIME: 4:35 PM ET

PICK ORDER

M/L

P#

HORSE NAME

JOCKEY

WIN

5-2

Clara Peeters

J Loveberry

PLACE

6-1

Strollin the Bayou

J Graham

SHOW

5-1

Postnup

B J Hernandez Jr.

WILD CARD

4-1

Russian Mafia

S Sanjur

ALTERNATE 1

5-2

Perfect Choice

C J Hernandez

ALTERNATE 2

8-1

Joy of Treasure

D L Parker

* EXACTA: 5-8 BOX, 8-6 BOX, 6-3 BOX

* TRIFECTA: 5/6/8 BOX, 3/6/8 BOX

RACE #7 $54,000 ALLOWANCE OPTIONAL CLAIMING
6 FURLONGS ON THE DIRT - POST TIME: 5:05 PM ET

BEST BET: #1A TIZAFEELIN

PICK ORDER

M/L

P#

HORSE NAME

JOCKEY

WIN

9-5

1A

Tizafeelin

R Diaz

PLACE

5-1

Giannas Gift

J Graham

SHOW

5-2

Honorifique

A Beschizza

WILD CARD

3-1

Malloy

J Loveberry

ALTERNATE 1

9-5

Short Summer Dress

R Diaz

ALTERNATE 2

8-1

Ready Seeker

R Gutierrez

* EXACTA: 1-5 BOX, 5-3 BOX, 3-2 BOX

* TRIFECTA: 1/3/5 BOX, 2/3/5 BOX

RACE #8 $47,000 ALLOWANCE
1 1/16 MILES ON THE TURF - POST TIME: 5:36 PM ET

BEST BET: #8 HANA ROAD

PICK ORDER

M/L

P#

HORSE NAME

JOCKEY

WIN

4-1

Hana Road

B J Hernandez Jr.

PLACE

9-2

Gambling Cat

A Beschizza

SHOW

8-1

Go Big Green

C J Hernandez

WILD CARD

8-1

Mo Normal

M Pedroza Jr.

ALTERNATE 1

9-2

Im Fine

D L Parker

ALTERNATE 2

8-1

Now Yus Cant Leave

A Suarez

* EXACTA: 8-3 BOX, 3-2 BOX, 2-5 BOX

* TRIFECTA: 2/3/8 BOX, 2/3/5 BOX

RACE #9 $53,000 ALLOWANCE OPTIONAL CLAIMING
6 FURLONGS ON THE DIRT - POST TIME: 6:07 PM ET

PICK ORDER

M/L

P#

HORSE NAME

JOCKEY

WIN

4-1

Strava

B J Hernandez Jr.

PLACE

7-2

1A

Line Change

C J Hernandez

SHOW

6-1

Peso in My Pocket

E Nieves

WILD CARD

3-1

Hoist the Gold

R Gutierrez

ALTERNATE 1

7-2

Baladi

A Beschizza

ALTERNATE 2

4-1

Bodock

M Pedroza Jr.

* EXACTA: 6-1 BOX, 1-4 BOX, 4-5 BOX

* TRIFECTA: 1/4/6 BOX, 1/4/5 BOX

Can'tPickAWinner
01-15-2022, 02:24 PM
Keeneland Select Pick of the Day | January 15, 2022
Race 8 at Oaklawn | Saturday January 15 | Post Time 4:46 PM Eastern
Fifth Season Stakes | Purse $150,000 | One Mile | Four Years Old and Upward

Thomas Shelby (1) draws the rail for this mile trip and that means jockey David Cohen will have the ability to put him on the lead, which has resulted in three wins in his last four starts, or settle him off the pace, which has resulted in another three wins before that. Thomas Shelby joined the barn of trainer Robertino Diodoro in November, 2020 and after finishing fourth, third and seventh in his initial three starts for the barn, has turned into an “alpha” horse, winning seven of 10, finishing second in two others and third another time. Last October Thomas Shelby ran the best race of his career winning a classified allowance race with a career-best 112 Equibase Speed Figure. He won again in November then after two months off led until deep stretch before coming up three-quarters of a length short in the Tinsel Stakes. That race was at Oaklawn and was run at a mile and one-eighth, with Thomas Shelby leading at the point this mile race ends so repeating that effort could be good enough to win the Fifth Season Stakes.
Silver Prospector (8) has four career wins, one of which came at Oaklawn. That was when victorious in the 2020 Southwest Stakes with a then career-best 107 figure. After a poor sixth place effort in the Rebel Stakes followed by a poorer seventh place finish in the Arkansas Derby, Silver Prospector was given nearly six months off. Returning in the fall off a lengthy layoff, Silver Prospector raced in top form to win and earned a very strong 106 figure considering the time off. Although winless in five races since, Silver Prospector ran just as well as he had in the comeback when second in the Razorback Stakes last February at Oaklawn, earning a 108 figure. Now rested since last May the same way he was in the spring of 2020 until his strong win in the fall of that year, Silver Prospector has put in a pair of very strong workouts which were the best of 52 and the fourth best of 44 on the day. These signal he could be as fit and ready to run just like he did off a similar layoff, and if he does that he could certainly compete for top honors in this race.
Concert Tour (5) is another returning off a layoff since last May, and he too is working in the morning like he will not need a race before showing his best. Concert Tour won the first three races of his career last year, including the San Vicente Stakes and the Rebel, in which he earned a career-best 104 figure drawing off easily to win by four and one-quarter lengths in geared down fashion. After a third place finish in the Arkansas Derby¸ Concert Tour skipped the Kentucky Derby then showed up in the Preakness, running the worst race of his career when ninth of 10 and beaten more than 30 lengths. Returning to training last October, Concert Tour has been placed in the care of trainer Brad Cox, who has an exceptional record of nine wins from 25 starts with horses coming back from six months off or more in dirt routes. As such, Concert Tour appears to fit with the best of the contenders in this year’s Fifth Season.

Win bets:
Thomas Shelby (1) to win at odds of 2 to 1 or more.
Because Silver Prospector (8) opens at odds of 10/1, we must consider a win bet at odds of 5 to 1 or more, but for a smaller amount as compared to the win bet on Thomas Shelby.
Exactas:
Box Thomas Shelby (1), Concert Tour (5) and Silver Prospector (8)

Can'tPickAWinner
01-15-2022, 02:32 PM
Gulfstream Park Hotlist - January 15

Today’s Gulfstream Park Hot List races to watch
Saturday, Jan. 15, 2022
By Bob Ehalt and Matt Shifman
Hot List Key:
A : A preferred horse to watch B: Secondary horse to watch
*C: Went down 2 or more betting notches in the final 3 minutes and finished 1st through 3rd
*D: Went down 2 or more betting notches and finished 4th or worse
* - 4 or more betting notches if 11-1 or more.

1st race – (2) Moon At Midnight rallied belatedly in his debut but should work out a winning trip. (6) Solar Tap drops in company and should be the main threat. (8) Quantum Theory flopped on dirt but may like Tapeta. (4) Travel Guide should appreciate a drop into a claimer. Betting strategy: 2 to win, place. Exacta box: 2-4-6-8.

3rd race – (5) Conglomerate drops into a claimer and should prove best here. (8) Perpetual Change closed fast and missed by a little less than a length. Should be the one to fear. (4) Superposition fits in well with this group. (1) Mighty Tough could be a threat from the rail. Betting strategy: 5 to win, place. Exacta box: 1-4-5-8.

5th race – (4) Embolden arrives from Canada and faces rivals he should be able to handle in this spot. (2) Heza Kitten switches to Saez and merits respect. (6) Freedom Matters will welcome a return to turf. (1) Indy Lyon could be tough to catch from the rail. Betting strategy: 4 to win, place. Exacta box: 1-2-4-6.

7th race – (2) Copacetic (A) missed by a neck last time at Keeneland and should make amends for that setback here. (1) Sanura has not raced since February but is working nicely toward her comeback. (3) Black Sand returns from a layoff and seems ready for a big effort. (8) Fast as Flight finished second last time and cannot be ignored. Betting strategy: 2 to win, place. Exacta box: 1-2-3-8.

10th race – (1) Cool Quest has speed and the rail and may not look back here. (5) Gatsby was a game second last time and should be the main rival today. (8) Cajun Brother might rebound with a strong try today. (2) Pudding was third in a Claiming Crown stakes and figures to be in the picture here. Betting strategy: 1 to win, place. Exacta box: 1-2-5-8.

No.

Letter/Last race

Today’s race

Comment

(2)

Copacetic

A, 10/28

7 GP

Missed by a neck last time

Can'tPickAWinner
01-15-2022, 03:19 PM
Rk
Sports Services
Free Sports Picks

NSA(The Legend) (https://www.nsawins.com/)
NBA – Nets -6

Gameday Network (https://www.gamedaynetwork.com/)
NBA – Clippers +2

Sports Action 365 (https://www.sportsaction365.com/)
NBA – Nuggets -4

Vegas Line Crushers (https://www.vegaslinecrushers.com/)
NBA – Heat -2.5

VegasSI.com (https://www.vegassi.com/)
CBB – Kentucky -5

PointSpreadReport.com(SAM CASEY) (https://www.pointspreadreport.com)
CBB – NC St +13.5

Winning Big Sports (https://www.winningbigsports.com)
CBB – LSU -6.5

NSA(Gerry “Big Cat” Andino) (https://www.nsawins.com)
CBB – Iowa St over 121

Lou Panelli (https://www.nsawins.com)
CBB – Princeton -3.5

VegasSI.com Platinum Info Club (https://www.vegassi.com/)
NBA – Magic over 209.5

William E. Stockton (https://www.nsawins.com/)
NBA – Celtics -6

Vincent Pioli (https://www.vegassi.com/sports-handicappers/vincent-pioli/)
NBA – 76ers over 211.5

Steve “Scoop” Kendall (https://www.nsawins.com/)
NBA – Knicks +2.5

SCORE (https://record.revenuenetwork.com/_d5unAk642Gf97H-d5Ks7MGNd7ZgqdRLk/0/)
NBA – Trailblazers over 216

Tony Campone (https://www.vegassi.com/sports-handicappers/tony-campone/)
CBB – Hofstra -5.5

Chicago Sports Group (https://www.vegassi.com/sports-handicappers/chicago-sports-group/)
CBB – LSU -6.5

Hollywood Sportsline (https://www.vegassi.com/sports-handicappers/hollywood-sportsline/)
CBB – NC St +13.5

VIP Action (https://www.vegassi.com/sports-handicappers/vip-action-sports/)
CBB – Kentucky -5

South Beach Sports (https://www.vegassi.com/sports-handicappers/south-beach-sports/)
CBB – The Citadel +1

Las Vegas Sports Commission (https://record.revenuenetwork.com/_d5unAk642Gf97H-d5Ks7MGNd7ZgqdRLk/0/)
NBA – Raptors +7

NY Players Club (https://www.vegassi.com/sports-handicappers/new-york-players-club/)
NBA – Nets under 230.5

Fred Callahan (https://www.vegassi.com/sports-handicappers/fred-callahan/)
NBA – Celtics -6

Las Vegas Private CEO Club (https://www.vegaslinecrushers.com)
CBB – SMU -3.5

Michigan Sports (https://www.vegassi.com/sports-handicappers/michigan-sports-network/)
CBB – East Tenn St under 150

National Consensus Report (https://www.pointspreadreport.com/)
CBB – Rutgers +4.5