PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Howard

Luke
08-18-2008, 12:31 AM
The Phillys need to send him back to the minors to learn to hit.

Every game I have watched him all he does is strikeout. He swings at everything ,he doesnt watch the ball in, and just plain sucks.

He has 12 games with 3 or more strikeouts and 49 games with at least 2 K's

This is pathetic for someone that makes 10 million a year .

I dont care how many HR's he has when you have more K's than hits year after year you need to learn how to hit..

I'd rather have someone on my team that hit 4 HR's and bat .300 than have someone that hits 40 HR's but bat .230 and has 200 K's in 162 games

Mr. IWS
08-18-2008, 05:46 PM
Why you hatin on my boy?

::fight::

He does strike out way too much, I wish they would move him to 5th in the lineup. But he does lead the league in RBI.

Luke
08-18-2008, 06:34 PM
Why you hatin on my boy?

::fight::

He does strike out way too much, I wish they would move him to 5th in the lineup. But he does lead the league in RBI.

Doesnt he lead the league in K's also??

Mr. IWS
08-18-2008, 06:41 PM
you gotta take the good with the bad with a player like Howard. He is never going to be a high average guy, and he shouldnt be batting 4th. But ill take the k's for the HR's and Rbi.

Mr. IWS
09-17-2008, 06:38 AM
This guy has single handedly moved the Phils to the top of the NL East / Wildcard this month.

He is batting .398 with 5 hr and 18 rbi in september when we need him.

Luke
09-18-2008, 08:31 PM
This guy has single handedly moved the Phils to the top of the NL East / Wildcard this month.

Its about time. I wasnt hatin on your team or Howard it was just everytime I watched Philly he K'd 3 times a game with runners in scoring position.I'm glad Philly is moving up I hate the Mets

Mr. IWS
09-27-2008, 09:09 AM
32 RBI in september with 2 games to go. Pujols will probably get the MVP, but even though Im a homer, Howard should get it.

Mr. IWS
09-27-2008, 09:27 AM
Here is why I think Howard should get the MVP. First off, lets look at what these guys have done down the stretch in crunch time. The cardinals have faded, while the Phils have surged and wrapped up the NL East.

In September

Pujols .321, 7 HR, 25 RBI, 16 Runs, and his team is 10-13
Howard .349, 11 HR, 32 RBI, 24 Runs, and his team is 15-8

I know Howard strikes out way too much, But He has 9 more home runs and 22 more RBI than ANYONE in the majors. He has 12 HR, 32 RBI, and 4 runs scored more than Pujols and Howard has played in every game this season. Pujols hits 107 points better, but You just cannot ignore that run production.

If you take Pujols off the Cards, they dont make the playoffs. But he is on the Cards, and they still aint goin. So how valuble is he? Keeping them from finishing 4th or 5th as opposed to 3rd? A couple years ago, when Howard won the MVP, Albert was bitchin about it because he thought that the MVP should come from a playoff team, which at the time was his team and not Howards.

You take Howard off the Phils, and they dont make the playoffs. Burrell cant hit, Utley and Rollins are too inconsistant right now. Howard is carrying this team.

The defense rests....LOL

Mr. IWS
09-27-2008, 09:28 AM

Its about time. I wasnt hatin on your team or Howard it was just everytime I watched Philly he K'd 3 times a game with runners in scoring position.I'm glad Philly is moving up I hate the Mets

Luke, this aint me going at you with these posts. Im just hyped up cause the Phils are doing good, thats all...LOL

::handshake::

Luke
10-01-2008, 05:44 PM
Its ok I wasnt taking it that way . I have nothing against Howard either it was just during the stretch I was watching him he always seemed to strike out.