PDA

View Full Version : MLB Info 8-24-08

timbob
08-24-2008, 12:00 PM
Sunday's streaking and slumping starters

Streaking

Daisuke Matsuzaka, Boston Red Sox (15-2, 2.77)

Matsuzaka is 3-0 and has a solid 1.35 ERA in his last three starts and has not relinquished more than two earned runs in nine of his last 10 overall.

Dice-K has just one setback in his last 10 and is 3-1 in his last four at Fenway Park. He has also relinquished just three homers in his last 10 overall.

The Red Sox are 4-1 in their last five road games and are 7-3 in their last 10 overall.

Mark Buehrle, Chicago White Sox (11-10, 3.91)

Buehrle, who had just two triumphs in his first 10 starts, is 3-0 and has a 2.75 ERA in his last three overall and is 5-0 in his last five starts at U.S. Cellular Field.

Buehrle is coming of a recent home victory over the Boston Red Sox in which he relinquished one earned run and struck out eight in seven IP.

The White Sox are 40-14 in their last 54 home games and are 8-3 in their last 11 at home against the
Tampa Bay Rays.

Slumping

Vicente Padilla, Texas Rangers (12-7, 4.96)

Padilla has just two wins in his last eight and is 0-2 in his last three starts. He has also relinquished 15 earned runs and six homers in his last 16 IP.

Padilla, who is 0-2 in his last four at home, is 3-4 overall at Rangers Ballpark and has relinquished 19 earned runs and seven homers in that period.

Padilla also has a lofty 7.27 career-ERA against the Cleveland Indians.

The Rangers are 3-12 in their last 15 overall and are 3-8 in their last 11 home games against the Tribe.

Luke Hochevar, Kansas City Royals (6-12, 5.51)

Hochevar has relinquished 23 earned runs in five straight defeats and has a lofty 6.11 ERA in his last three overall.

Hochevar is 1-3 in his last five home starts and is just 4-5 overall at home. He has relinquished 34 hits in his last 28.2 IP at Kauffman Stadium. Hochevar has a 5.02 career-ERA against the Detroit Tigers.

The Royals are 3-13 in their last 16 and are 0-4 in their last four against the Tigers.

Mr. IWS
08-24-2008, 12:01 PM
I think Ill be against Daisuke and with Buehrle today.

thanks for the info my man.

Be careful though. your about to lose Noob status...LOL

timbob
08-24-2008, 12:08 PM
I think Ill be against Daisuke and with Buehrle today.

thanks for the info my man.

Be careful though. your about to lose Noob status...LOL

I will also probably go against Dice K. I like the BJays as home dogs with AJ on the mound and the fact that Boston is 1-7 in the eight in Toronto.

May play the Rays against the Sox though. I got the Rays at +160 so it is a better play.