PDA

View Full Version : 9-12-08

Mr. IWS
09-12-2008, 01:03 PM
bob
S. FLORIDA (-3.5) 26 Kansas 23
05:00 PM Pacific Time Friday, Sep-12

This ought to be a very revealing game, as I have questions about both teams. Kansas was an underrated squad last season and were better than most people gave them credit for. The loss of big play receiver Marcus Henry has greatly affected the Jayhawks’ pass attack, which has been just 0.3 yards per pass play better than average after two games so far, which is about where I had them rated coming into the season. The rushing attack has been a major disappointment so far, averaging just 3.9 yards per rushing play against Florida International and Louisiana Tech. I do the rushing attack to be at least average with Jake Sharp having run for 1001 career yards at 5.4 ypr (just 3.2 ypr this year) and Angus Quigley has averaged 6.0 ypr in his limited career action. South Florida is an outstanding defensive team, but the Bulls had to replace two very good cornerbacks and I think they can be beaten through the air if sack master George Selvie doesn’t put too much heat on KU quarterback Todd Reesing. South Florida quarterback Matt Grothe had a down year last season, but he looks like he’s back at his 2006 level, which was 1.1 yards per pass play better than average. The Bulls also have a solid rushing attack, but they’ll be tested by a very stingy Kansas defense that returned 9 starters from a unit that yielded just 4.5 yards per play last season (to teams that would combine to average 5.4 yppl against an average team). My ratings favor South Florida by 2 ½ points, so I’ll lean slightly with Kansas plus the points.

Mr. IWS
09-12-2008, 05:47 PM
Root Tonite;

Chairman- NY Yankees
Millionaire- South Florida

Mr. IWS
09-12-2008, 05:49 PM
ness 20* angels

Mr. IWS
09-12-2008, 06:18 PM
Ben Burns

Annihilator