(R) Pedro Martinez (5-4) vs. (L) John Lannan (8-13) New York Mets -170
9:40 p.m. San Francisco Giants at Arizona Diamondbacks
(R) Brad Hennessey (1-1) vs. (L) Doug Davis (6-8) Arizona Diamondbacks -170

Mr. IWS
09-15-2008, 03:32 PM
Al DeMarco

Monday's Pick
30 Dime - Eagles

I had both the Eagles and Cowboys as free pick winners in Week One. True, it can be said Philadelphia had the much easier time of it, playing at home against an overmatched foe in St. Louis while Dallas visited the Browns, who did win 10 games a year ago. But the thing that struck me the most was how effortlessly the Eagles rolled over the Rams.

This is a different Philadelphia team than we've seen the past couple of years. First, Dononvan McNabb is the healthiest he's been in three seasons. Second, he's finally got a game-breaking receiver with speed - his first since T.O. left town - in rookie DeSean Jackson, who had 6 catches for 106 yards versus St. Louis in addition to a 60-yard punt return. Throw in a healthy Brian Westbrook, who has always been tough on the Cowboys, and you've got an offense that has quick-strike potential, and a unit that amassed 522 yards versus the Rams.

Defensively, the Birds are better as well as they've added depth to their line plus gotten younger and more athletic at linebacker, a position that was a sore spot just two seasons ago. Plus, the signing of free agent Asante Samuel only bolsters one of the league's best secondaries. His arrival means Lito Sheppard, who held T.O. to two catches in Philadelphia's upset win at Dallas last season, is now the team's nickel back and a dangerous cover man off the bench.

Not to discount the Cowboys at all as they're a talented offensive team with Romo (24-for-32, 320 yards) coming off a big game against a pathetic Cleveland secondary, but now he will be facing a stiff challenge with Eagles defensive coordinator Jim Johnson's variety of blitz packages from all angles. And Romo has shown that if he's hit, he is turnover prone and his production can be affected.

The Eagles have covered three of the last four in the series overall plus picked up the cash in three of their last four visits to Dallas. The Monday night lights have not bothered them either as they're 11-6 SU and ATS in such prime-time outings under Andy Reid, including 6-2 when getting points. On the other hand, Dallas has covered just once in seven Monday night outings since Wade Phillips took over and the Cowboys are 5-10 ATS as a MNF home chalk since 1980.

From the moment the first line was posted on this game I thought the Cowboys were overpriced; I was stunned to see them laying a touchdown in what I thought was going to be a three-or-four point game. Who wins is inconsequential; this line is too big and I'm grabbing the Eagles with the points. It was my favorite game on the board this week and thus my biggest play in terms of a rating and wager as well.

Mr. IWS
Investment Playmakers:

Eagles +7

Mr. IWS
Kelso Sturgeon

Philly- 5 units
under- 5 units

Mr. IWS
09-15-2008, 03:33 PM
Triple Threat Sports

Dallas -7

Mr. IWS
09-15-2008, 04:04 PM
Indian Cowboy Comp Play- only release today

Eagles/Cowboys Under 47

Cowboys play their nemesis in the Eagles today. The spread opened up at -7 and has remained relatively steady as it has gone down slightly as the public are favoring the Cowboys to a tune of 55% today. The Cowboys and Eagles split the season series last year at 1:1 but the most recent game featured Dallas getting beat home by the Eagles in what was a defensive 6-10 battle. The Cowboys were dominant easily covering the 6 point road chalk against Cleveland and give Philly some credit for pounding the Rams by 35 points at home easily covering the 9 point chalk. Frankly, this game could go either way, but note I love the Eagles defense this year as I do the Cowboys. However, I think the Eagles are still more physical, but of course, when it comes to offense the Cowboys have given Romo far more weapons and frankly, the Cowboys running game is much better than it was last year and you will see that throughout this game. In essence, you will see a balanced running and passing attack. However, in an NFC East battle such as this 7 points is quite a lot and I know I normally favor the dog and the over here, but not in this game. McNabb has a QB rating of 130+ here and Romo with over a 106 rating. I actually lean on the Eagles and the Under here but do note that I do not have a play on this game, and will have wnba selections, college and nfl to come later this week. However, in such a rivalry, with the total being 46.5 and the public favoring the over by a 2:1 margin, don't be surprised to see an under shape up here. No play for me, but my free play will be on the under here as the under is 12-2 for the Eagles after scoring 30 points in their previous game and the under is 4-0 for the Cowboys when playing the tough defenses that the NFC East features

Mr. IWS
09-15-2008, 05:58 PM
ProCappersNetwork

Dallas -6 1/2 -1.02 (3 Unit Play) - The public seems to like Philadelphia here and to be honest this game will likely be tight but I think Dallas will emerge with at least a 7 point victory here tonight. Philadelphia in Week 1 manhandled a hapless St. Louis Rams team but a close inspection of that game shows a big advantage but the troubling aspect for me was that the Eagles rushed 32 times and were only able to gain 108 yards on the ground for a 3.4 YPC average. They had a very impressive passing game but that was against the Rams who are pretty bad this year. Dallas meanwhile was very impressive in beating down a Cleveland team that was expecting big things this year on the road as the Cowboys rushed for 167 yards on 31 carries for a very impressive 5.4 YPC and also were solid in the air going 24-32 for 320 yards and 10 YPA. The Cowboys weakness on defense was on the ground but with Philadelphia struggling to run in Week 1 I don't think that will be a problem here tonight. To show how good that Dallas running game was in Week 1 all one has to do is look at last night's contest where the Browns held the Steelers who are a very good running team to 117 yards on 31 carries or a 3.8 YPC average. I think Dallas will be able to control the clock this evening and get enough stops on defense to win this game from 7-10 points and will cover tonight.

Best of luck to everyone tonight!

Oscarxena Sports

Mr. IWS
09-15-2008, 05:58 PM
seabass

steam play 100* twins

10 yankees
10 colorado
20 texas
20 kc

Mr. IWS
09-15-2008, 05:59 PM
Greg Shaker

Philadelphia Eagles at Dallas Cowboys - Under 46.5 -110 | Unit Value: 2

This line has dropped from an opening of 48. Needless to say, this is a big game for both of these teams and the winner will come away with a good start in winning this very tough division. Both teams have very good offensive squads but we have to remember that they both also play sound defense. That is especially true verses the run. The Eagles run defense, looked very good last week as it held three time 1,000 yard rusher Steven Jackson to 40 yards on 14 attempts. Philadelphia was seventh in the league against the run last season, allowing an average of 95.8 yards per game, while Dallas ranked sixth at 94.6. Overall, St. Louis ran for a net 36 years. The Cowboys did not fair as well verses Cleveland as the Browns netted 91 on the ground, but a couple of those runs were of the large variety and overall, they were held in check. The Eagles had their way last week but it will be tougher going this time around. The Dallas secondary is expected to welcome back Pro Bowl cornerback Terence Newman, who sat out the opener with a groin injury. With Jones replacing Newman in the starting lineup last week, the Cowboys limited the Browns passing game - featuring 2007 Pro Bowlers Derek Anderson, Braylon Edwards and Kellen Winslow, to just 114 yards. We will have a lot of hardhitting on the turf tonight with this early season rivalry. The last 5 of 7 the Eagles/Cowboys have played, have gone UNDER this posted total. One of those that did top the total was last year in a game that saw Dallas score 38 against a Philly squad that was banged up late in the season. The Eagles are not that way right now, and I expect them to give Romo a lot of preasure tonight. This team had 4 sacks last week, a ton of hurries and they were in the backfield all game. They do have quick LB's and 2 very good bookends. Picking the winner tonight between these two is not an easy task in my best opinion. If you held me down on the floor and tickled me, I would buy the 1/2 point and play the Eagles. That does seem to always work. Luckily, there is nobody willing to do that. But barring some D scores tonight, I think we have us an UNDER in the offing.

Mr. IWS
09-15-2008, 05:59 PM
Marc Lawrence
MLB

3* Minnesota

Mr. IWS
09-15-2008, 06:20 PM
VR 4* Dallas (buy to 6)
VR 2* Over 46
VR 2* Teaser: Dallas and Over

Mr. IWS
09-15-2008, 06:30 PM
Bob Balfe

NFL Football
Dallas -6.5 over Philadelphia
This is a big NFC East Game and each game is crucial in the this stacked division. The Cowboys are to big offensively for the Eagles defense. Philly might have looked good against the Rams last week, but the Cowboys will not be as easy and the Philadelphia offense has a lot of injured receivers. Dallas at home on a Monday Night will be too overwhelming for the Eagles. The offensive pace will be to much for Philly to keep up with. Take the Cowboys to win and cover.

College Football
No plays today.

Major League Baseball
DRays -120 over Redsox
Kazmir/Matszuzaka

Mr. IWS
09-15-2008, 06:30 PM
David M@linsky

MLB 4* UNDER 9 runs in Cleveland vs Minnesota @ 7:05 PM ET - Lewis vs Slowey

We have been getting a lot of mileage out of Kevin Slowey all season. We cashed at easy 5* ticket with Scott Lewis in his first Major League start last week. And on a cool and damp night in Cleveland with the wind aiding the pitchers, we can get behind both of the again here. Slowey?s ability to pound the strike zone makes him an ideal Under candidate ? big innings are difficult to come by against him. And as he grows in confidence the numbers are becoming amazing ? over his last seven starts it is a count of 42 strikeouts vs. only three walks allowed. We can count on him to keep that form going here, and with yesterday?s blowout loss at Minnesota bringing all Twin bullpen arms rested and ready, the bridge to Joe Nathan can be built. We detailed the background of Lewis prior to turning a 5* ticket behind him at Baltimore last week, and he was just as advertised, shutting the Orioles out over eight innings, allowing only three hits and not walking a batter. He has been outstanding at every level of the Minor Leagues, and we can only imagine how special pitching from this mound will be for an Ohio-born player that also played his college ball at Ohio State. And with that big road win under his belt, he is much easier able to handle the battle of nerves that can come with this setting, He also gets the break of facing a Minnesota lineup that has struggled against left-handers, and that means a chance for him to go out and set his tempo from the start.

Mr. IWS
09-15-2008, 06:34 PM
Seabass football

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

50* Philadelphia +7

Mr. IWS
09-15-2008, 06:49 PM
billy coleman
mlb
4*yankees
4*boston
4*pitt.over

Mr. IWS
09-15-2008, 07:32 PM
Teddy June

4-0 yesterday in the NFL...onto today

10* Dallas Cowboys -6.5

Another terrific Monday night football game here after last week we got a division rivalry with the Packers/Vikings this week we get the Eagles versus Cowboys. Both teams opened the year strong as the Eagles whooped the lowly Rams 38-3 and the Cowboys slept walk through a 28-10 drubbing of the Browns. The Eagles impressive win has brought a market overreaction to them this week as we see the public slightly leaning towards them in this contest. The Cowboys looked super impressive against what looks to be a mediocre team and the Eagles likewise against what looks to be a very bad team. Cowboys amassed 467 total yards including 30 first downs to the Browns 11. What was so impressive was the complete drives down the field as the Cowboys put together drives of 80 yards, 69 yards, 69 yards and 86 yards. Marion Barber looked terrific out of the back field rushing for 80 yards on only 16 carries and scoring 2 TD?s. Likewise Felix Jones had a good game on 9 carries he had 62 yards and TD. The Cowboys are no question the best team on paper this season and early in the year I expect them to play like it. As the season goes on and we begin to get into critical situations and games the questions will probably pop up. In the mean time though, we have the most talented team in the NFL with a lot of motivation tonight in my opinion. This is a team that has revenge fresh on their minds and is looking to make a major statement in the prime time spotlight of MNF. Last season the Eagles came into Dallas in December and took down the Cowboys for the third straight time in Texas stadium and this has certainly has been on Dallas? mind. Romo many will remember had his infamous ?Jessica Simpson? game and really put in a clunker of an effort .Expect him to be very poised and excited to bounce back. Also this will be the last home opener at Texas stadium as they move to the new stadium next season. Eagles were no question impressive last week but it was predicated on the lines where the Rams are downright pitiful this year. Dallas owns the advantage on the lines here and McNabb will not have nearly the amount of time he had last week tonight. Westbrook had strong showing last week but has struggled against the Cowboys in the past as in 12 meetings he has only eclipsed the 100 yard mark once. I think the Eagles will be a pretty good football team this year but tonight they run into a healthy, motivated and pumped Dallas Cowboy squad.

Mr. IWS
09-15-2008, 07:32 PM
Marc Lawrence

16-1 ATS Monday Night Awesome Angle

DAL -6.5 vs PHI

Play: Dallas Cowboys

When Dallas plays host to division rival Philadelphia tonight they'll do so knowing that NFL teams in home openers who won 9 or more games last year are 16-1 ATS as a dog or favorite of 7 or less points when facing a division foe who won 8 or more games last season provided the opponent has won 17 or less of its last 32 games. With Dallas head coach Wade Phillips 6-1 ATS in his NFL head coaching career at home versus a division opponent off a win, look for the Cowboys to avenge last year's 10-6 loss on this field against the Eagles (as DD favorites) here tonight