PDA

View Full Version : 9-19-08

Mr. IWS
09-19-2008, 03:17 PM
Jim Feist

(969) BOS Red Sox
(970) TOR Blue Jays
Take "(970) TOR Blue Jays"
When Paul Byrd joined the Red Sox last month, he met with pitching coach John Farrell and admitted to a little problem: He has a habit of tipping his pitches. "I told him to be conscious of it," said Byrd, confirming that he tipped some of his pitches in his last start against the Blue Jays in the first game of last Saturday.5?s doubleheader at Fenway Park. Byrd lasted only five-plus innings, allowing five runs in an 8-1 loss. He will face the Blue Jays again here, making it five of his last eight starts against the Jays, so they know him well. Byrd's ERA is 4.94 against the Jays this season. Toronto is motivated, as they are playing hard to bring back likeable manager Cito Gaston. The Jays showed more fight, trailing the Orioles 6-0 after 4 1/2 innings before rallying for another win. Toronto ace A.J. Burnett is 18-10 with 214 Ks in 206 innings. He's owned teh Red Sox, at 5-0 with a 2.37 ERA against them. Play the Blue Jays.

Mr. IWS
09-19-2008, 03:18 PM
seabastian:

10* hst
20*mets
20* tor
20*yanks over
20* Uconn

Mr. IWS
09-19-2008, 03:18 PM
*** EZWINNERS MLB ***

1 STAR: (951) ST. LOUIS (+$166) over Chicago
(Action)
(Risking $100 to win $166)
1:20PM Central Time

1 STAR: (965) SAN FRANCISCO (+$210) over LA Dodgers
(Action)
(Risking $100 to win $210)
9:40PM Central Time

Mr. IWS
09-19-2008, 03:19 PM
Triple Crown

5* Toronto
3* Hst
3* Detroit
3* Seattle

Mr. IWS
09-19-2008, 03:19 PM
Mr East
Sport: MLB Baseball
Game: Los Angeles Angels @ Texas Rangers - Friday September 19, 2008 8:05 pm
Pick: 3 units MONEYLINE: Los Angeles Angels +101

The oddsmakers are treating the Angels like they are just playing out the string. The fact is they are in a race for homefield advantage, and these games have some bearing on the post-season, so they are currently under-valued. Natt Harriosn is a lefty with a 5+ ERA going for the Rangers, and the Angels are 31-15 against lefthanders on the season. The Rangers haven't been able to get it done vs victorious teams where they have gone just 3-12 in their last 15. I'm backing the Angels on the runline here.

Mr. IWS
09-19-2008, 03:20 PM
King Creole | MLB Money Line
double-dime bet963 ARI (+105)Bodog vs 964 COL
Analysis: 2** Best Bet on: ARIZONA DIAMONDBACKS with Scherzer vs colorado rockies with de la rosa / 8:05pm ET

A 4**** Best Bet on a pitcher that has yet to WIN a game this year? You BET (pun intended!)..... As is our case, we'll gladly ride an Underdog pitcher in obviously BETTER current form that his favored counterpart. And our icing on the cake is that we get to ride a HOT team that has a very clear SERIES HISTORY advantage as well.

As Arizona continues to chase the Dodgers for the NFL West title, they are coming off a 4-0 SWEEP over the San Francisco Giants. They also get a huge statistical advantage in this game based on the Righty vs Lefty pitching matchup. Colorado is hitting only .216 vs righties in their last 10 games while the D'Backs are hitting 66 points higher vs southpaws (at .282). ARIZONA comes in with a 'last 10 games' STARTING PITCHER advantage ERA of only 1.89.... while the favored Rockies have seen starting pitchers come in with an ERA of 5.03 in the same time span.

This is an NL West series in which the Diamondbacks have DOMINATED so far in the 2008 season. Arizona is 10-2 vs Colorado so far this year... and that includes 5-1 in all games played "In THIS park". Average score in this series so far this season is: Arizona 6.5 / Colorado 3.7.

As mentioned, pitching phenom Max Scherzer has YET To win a game so far in 2008. But he comes in to tonight's game in outstanding current form. ERA in his last 4 starts is only 1.63. He's allowed 1 or less earned run in THREE of those 4 starts.... and ZERO earned runs in half of 'em (2 starts). Hi K/BB ratio is in prime "play on" form at 31-9 in those 4 starts. As today's game will be at 6:05pm local time in Colorado, Scherzer will get most of his work done while the sun's still out. And he is a much better pitcher in DAYTIME starts (1.55 ERA) than his is at night (5.06 ERA). He'll be taking on a favored opponent in De La Rosa that has almost as many walks (7) than strikeouts (8) in his last 2 starts. He's off a couple of poor performances in a row, with an ERA of 6.96 and a record of 0-2. His ERA for the entire year is 5.38 and has pitched quality starts only 30% of the time in 2008. Opponents are hitting .359 vs him for the entire season. Also, De La Rosa is a PERFECT 0-2 in his career vs the D'Backs. That includes 0-1 already this season as he lost back in May. In that start, he lasted less than 5 innings and allowed 4 earned runs (ERA of 7.71 / WHIP of 2.14).

Mr. IWS
Jb's Computer Plays

Friday, September 19, 2008
Time Game Selections
2:20 p.m. St. Louis Cardinals at Chicago Cubs
(R) Adam Wainwright (9-3) vs. (R) Carlos Zambrano (14-5) Chicago Cubs -175
7:05 p.m. Baltimore Orioles at New York Yankees
(R) Radhames Liz (6-5) vs. (R) Carl Pavano (3-1) New York Yankees -200
7:10 p.m. Philadelphia Phillies at Florida Marlins
(R) Brett Myers (10-11) vs. (R) Josh Johnson (5-1) Florida Marlins +120

Mr. IWS
Andre Gomes | MLB Total
double-dime bet976 TEX / 975 ANA Under 11 Bookmaker
Analysis: Divisional game between the Angels and the Rangers, but this doesn't mean much right now, as the Angels are miles in front of the Rangers right now. This game has a line of 11 runs, being the highest line of the day! However I think we are in presence of a game which will have few runs scored, with the under being a good option in here. The Angels have their fate solved: postseason! That's something what gives some tranquility to the team. However there is an important aspect, which can't be forgotten. The team has 5 good starting pitchers, with great records, but the rotation will just have 4 pitchers in the postseason. This means someone will be out of the rotation and neither of their pitchers will take it easy in the next 10 days.

Today it will be Jon Garland who will start and he is coming from a slump of 4 games, where he allowed 5 runs in each game. However he bounced back in the following two games, which can be explained what I've mentioned previously. After those four non-quality starts in a row, he allowed just 2 and 1 run in those two outings against the Mariners and the Yankees, showing that he is once again at a good level. He has faced the Rangers twice this season and he had poor outings by allowing 5 and 7 runs, however he was on his worst part of the season when he had those two non-quality outings and today I expect him to be much better.

On the other side, the Rangers will send the southpaw rookie Matt Harrison, who is coming from a tremendous quality start on his last outing against the A's, where he had a shutout in a complete game, allowing just 5 hits in the process! In normal conditions, I wouldn't like this spot, after all it's not everyday we see a rookie pitching a complete game and then having to face the best team of the AL in his following start. In this simple scenario, a letdown was likely to happen. Harrison had a natural very high count pitches with 118, however he had 6 days off to rest, which is much different than having just 4 days for example. He has already faced the Angels this season and he had a stellar performance, allowing just 2 runs in 7 IP.

The Angels hasn't been capable of being powerful on the offense and the truth is that they are 16-5-1 in their last 22 road games vs LHP. Today the spot for them doesn't seem to be great. The line is pointing for a game where necessarily the pitchers would need to have terrible performances and I think the opposite will happen, so the under is a great option, as don't forget the Angels are 4-1 Under in their last 5 games following a win. Take the under in here. Double Dime Pick.

Fri, 09/19/08 - 8:05 PMAndre Gomes | MLB Total
dime bet964 COL / 963 ARI Over 9 Bookmaker
Analysis: The D-Backs chose the worst time of the season to struggle, as with the end of the regular season, the team is behind the Dodgers in the fight for the NL West. However the team is now coming from four wins in a row, in a sweep against the Giants and so, not everything is bad news for the team. That's where I'm going to start this play: the momentum the D-Backs are bringing to this game. I expect an high scoring affair in here and I'm counting with the D-Backs offense for that, as the team has lost their last 10 road games and so, today this game will be extremely important for them. In this type of conditions, the momentum helps the teams in overcoming their struggles and the D-Backs, besides having won their last four games, also defeated yesterday one of the best pitchers in the league (Lincecum), in a game where they rallied back to get a 3-2 win. So, the team will be motivated for today.

The Rockies will send the southpaw De La Rosa, who is once again in a slump. He managed to get three quality starts in a row, but he had another letdown in the last two starts, allowing 4 runs in each game and having as much walks as strikeouts and that's not a good sign. So, I expect him to struggle today. However I also expect problems for the pitchers of the D-Backs today. First of all, this is what a player of the Rockies said about how the team feels about this series:

"We want to beat up on Arizona," outfielder Ryan Spilborghs told the Rockies' official Web site. "They've been beating up on us all year. It's a chance to get them back. If that means knocking them out of a chance to go to the playoffs, that's great."

Max Scherzer will start for the D-Backs today, who has an ERA of 2.08 on his five starts for the team, but has just started twice for Arizona this month, where he allowed 1 and 3 runs against the Dodgers and the Reds. He showed that he is a good pitcher, but he will have a tough spot for today. On his last game against the Reds, he had a quality outing, but he also had a maximum pitch count of 102 pitches and after that game he had just 4 days off to rest, while he had 6 days between his starts against the Dodgers and the Reds, which is a big difference for a pitcher, which still lacks the necessary endurance for this type of spot.

So, I expect both pitchers to struggle and with the game having some runs. The Over is 4-1 in the D-Backs last 5 road games vs a team with a losing record and the line is even at an accessible valor (9 runs), having in account what I'm expecting for this game. Take the over in here

Mr. IWS
Stan Sharp | MLB Money Line
double-dime bet978 KAN (+115)Bodog vs 977 CWS
Analysis: Stan has Bet KANSAS CITY. Stan notes that Buehrle has had trouble on the road all year for the White Sox and couple that with the Hot Streak of Kansas City who has won 7 in a row spells UPSET for the Royals. TAKE KANSAS CITY as STAN'S BASEBALL UNDERDOG BIG BET OF THE MONTH and make them a DOUBLE DIME PLAY.

Mr. IWS
09-19-2008, 03:21 PM
ATS Lock Club

4 UConn
4 Blue Jays
3 Padres

Mr. IWS
09-19-2008, 04:31 PM
NSA

20* ucon
10* bay/ucon under
10* Rays
10* White socks
10* Jays
10* hou/pit under

Mr. IWS
09-19-2008, 04:31 PM
seabass insider hou/pit under

Mr. IWS
09-19-2008, 04:32 PM
ProCappersNetwork

I won my premium play last night as Baltimore/Toronto stayed Under the posted total of 10. Here is a premium selection off of my seven play card for tonight:

San Francisco/LA Dodgers Over 8 -1.03 (3 Unit Play)

Again I have a seven play card in the MLB tonight and my special offer still stands which is for a one time purchase of $20 you will receive all of my MLB selections through the end of the regular season along with this week's College and Pro Football picks through Monday at no additional charge. Just go to procappersnetwork.com and purchase the MLB weekly package to start winning today. I am off of a 4-0 night in MLB & 0-1 in College Football but still an overall profit of 8.395 units so sign up today!

Best of luck to everyone today!

Oscarxena Sports

Mr. IWS
09-19-2008, 05:54 PM
Bob Balfe

College Football
Baylor/UConn Over 51
Baylor has a very talented running QB in freshman Robert Griffin. One thing UConn will not get used to is the speed and athleticism on this Baylor team. Not only is Griffin good on his feet, but he has a great arm. Baylor is still a young team and I expect them to give up big plays to the UConn offense. It would not shock me to see multiple special teams touchdowns tonight since both teams have never played each other and really have no feel for the speed and coverages in this game. Baylor has been tough against the run, but this was against a poor quality of opponents. UConn has a great running back in Donald Brown and I do not think Baylor will be able to stop him. Look for both teams to score a bunch. If UConn is not careful this could be closer than Vegas thinks. Take the Over.

Major League Baseball
Padres/Nationals Over 7.5 runs
Peavy/Balester

Mr. IWS
Rocky Atkinson | MLB Money Line
triple-dime bet953 HOU (-110)Bodog vs 954 PIT
Analysis:
Houston @ Pittsburgh 7:05 PM EST
Play On: 4* Houston -110 (Wolf/Snell) Listed

Randy Wolf is 2-1 with a 3.37 ERA his last 3 starts. Ian Snell is 6-11 with a 5.69 ERA overall this year. Wolf is 6-1 with a 3.64 ERA overall vs Pittsburgh since 1997 and his team is 8-1 in those starts. Snell is 2-4 overall vs Houston since 1997. Astros are 8-1 in their last 9 road games vs. a team with a losing record. Pirates are 3-14 in their last 17 games vs. a left-handed starter. Pirates are 0-4 in their last 4 home games vs. a left-handed starter. Pirates are 2-8 in Snells last 10 starts vs. a team with a winning record. Pirates are 0-6 in Snells last 6 starts with 5 days of rest. We'll play Houston for 4 units tonight! Thanks and good luck, Rocky

Mr. IWS
Ted Sevransky/ Covers

4* Best U Connecticut (-12.0) vs Baylor

Mr. IWS
09-19-2008, 05:55 PM
Bob Majors | CFB Side
dime bet306 Connecticut -12.0 (-110) BetUS vs 305 Baylor
Analysis:
The Baylor Bears travel to the Connecticut Huskies for a Friday evening tilt. The Huskies are looking to go 4-0 and should show some good offense against the Bears as displayed last week in their rout of Virgina 45-10. Runnng back Donald Brown carried the ball 20 time for 208 yards with 3 touchdowns.

The Bears came off of an impressive 45-17 win over a weary traveled and tired Washington State team. Bears QB Robert Griffin ran for 220 yards and completed 7-15 passes attempts for an additional 130 yards.

Connecicut has won its last five night games at Rentschler Field and seven of its last eight non conference games overall. They are 26-8 at home over last four years and won 8 of last 9 . They are a very strong opponent at home.

The trends favor the Huskies are 18-6 ATS last 24 games on grass. The Bears are 2-7 last 9 road games and 5-14 ATS in the last 19 games overall. Also, they are 3-9 ATS in last 12 games on grass.

Normally the points would be high for the Huskies and have a formable opponent with the Bears. However, with the strong home field advantage and their record at home, take Connecticut and give the points

Mr. IWS
09-19-2008, 05:56 PM
kelso college FB
Connecticutt

Mr. IWS
09-19-2008, 06:06 PM
vegas-runner | MLB Money Line
triple-dime bet970 TOR (-150)SportBet vs 969 BOS
Analysis:
*** MLB 3* BEST BET of the DAY *** (Burnett vs Byrd

PMvegas-runner | CFB Total
double-dime bet306 Connecticut / 305 Baylor Over 51.0 Sportsbetting.com
Analysis:
** 2* NCAAFB TOTAL **

Guys, I highly recommend taking this as soon as you can because even though the books are expecting some UNDER work based on these primarily running teams...I have been told they will probably move it up to deter any "steam" from the outfits...whose numbers show the exact same results as mine, that we will see a lot more points than many expect...VR

Mr. IWS
09-19-2008, 06:06 PM
ATS Canadian

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3 units Winnipeg