View Full Version : 10-2-08

Mr. IWS
10-02-2008, 11:06 AM
Jim Feist

(961) CHW White Sox
(962) TB Rays
Take "Under"
If the Rays had known that a change in name for 2008 would change their fortunes and end a decade of fumbling and bumbling, they might have done this ages ago. The previously know Devil Rays shortened their names and garnered their first ever divisional title and playoff spot. "Believe it or not, I kept on saying last year we had something special," said first baseman Carlos Pena, a grizzled veteran at age 30 who led the team with 30 home runs and 102 RBIs. The Rays occomplished this despite having the second lowest payroll on opening day. Their strong pitching staff (3.82 era) was third best in baseball. James Shields, today's starter, was a big reason for the excellent staff. Shields was 14-8 with a 3.56 era and went 10-3 with a 3.30 era his final 19 starts. At home he was almost unbeatable, going 9-2 with a 2.59 era. The White Sox trip to the post season wasn't as easy as the Rays. The Sox had to overcome a late slump, winning their final three games and a makeup on Monday against the Tigers just to force a one game playoff with the Twins on Tuesday. Jim Thome provided all the offense needed to propel the Sox to the ALDS with his solo home run in the 7th to catapult the Sox into the playoffs. "We bounce back every time we are against the wall," White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen said. The White Sox will play the post season without arguably their best player, Carlos Quentin (broken wrist) and third baseman Joe Crede (back problems). Javier Vazquez starts today for Chicago against the Rays. Vazquez has been on a bad streak, losing his last three starts, allowing 18 eared runs in just 12 innings (13.50 era). Vazquez is 1-2 against the Rays this year with a 3.54 era and respectable .208 opponent batting average. This will be a well rested Rays staff going against a travel weary White Sox team. Look for the Sox to get little if any runs here in a low scoring game.

Mr. IWS
10-02-2008, 11:06 AM
Dave Cokin

(959) LA Dodgers
(960) CHC Cubs
Take "(959) LA Dodgers"
It's been 100 years since the Cubs won the World Series. If Game One of their series with the Dodgers is an indicator, make that 101. The Cubs were extremely tight in the series opener and I'm not sure the volatile Carlos Zambrano is clutch enough to rely on in what looms as a must win game. Chad Billingsley is the best of the Dodgers starters and if he's got his good control, he's a real handful for opposing hitters. LA has zero pressure on them off the impressive Game One win, and I think they're worth a play as good sized dogs in this game

Mr. IWS
10-02-2008, 11:46 AM
Brian Hansen

Game: Pittsburgh Panthers at South Florida Oct 2 2008 7:45PM
Prediction: under
Reason: Most expect a shootout. As usual, they're dead wrong! Friends, let me be the first to tell you that this game will be a defensive battle. The Under is 3-1 last 4 times when Pittsburgh is an underdog of 10.5 to 21 points. The Under is 2-0 when Pittsburgh is a road underdog of 10.5 to 14 points. The Under is 6-3 last 3 years when Pittsburgh has played on a grass field and that includes a PERFECT 3-0 record this year. Want more? The Under is 7-1 the last 8 times the Bulls were involved in a home game where the total is between 42.5 and 49. That's 87.5%, a percentage that even I'll gladly take. All together now: D-E-F-E-N-S-E. D-E-F-E-N-S-E. D-E-F-E-N-S-E. Go Under!

Mr. IWS
10-02-2008, 11:47 AM
Matt Fargo

Game: Pittsburgh Panthers at South Florida Oct 2 2008 7:45PM
Prediction: Pittsburgh Panthers
Reason: **79% **2.5** Big East Game of the Week** Pittsburgh and head coach Dave Wannstedt get unwarranted slaps in the face as far as I’m concerned. The Panthers have yet to surpass the .500 mark and have failed to make it to a bowl in his three years so it arguably can be said that they have underachieved. However, Wannstedt is finally directing his own players now and with an experienced group, they will be contending for the Big East title. A scare in Syracuse last week due to a possible lookahead here will have Pittsburgh focused.
The Bulls are 5-0 and right now look like the team to beat in the conference. They looked very impressive last week in dismantling NC State but overall, they have not exactly been a dominating team. The week before they snuck by a horrid Florida International team following a close win over Kansas. It took overtime to take out Central Florida and the first win was over FCS team Tennessee-Martin. This team is solid but should not be laying two touchdowns in conference action against a top tiered team.

The South Florida defense is solid as it is ranked 8th in the nation overall and 4th against the run, allowing just 58.8 ypg. Now comes a test however. The last three offenses the Bulls have faces are ranked 94th, 113th and 110th in rushing offense and the Panthers, while ranked 60th currently, will be the toughest test to date. They rushed for a season high 241 yards and while Syracuse was not a big test, it does provide momentum. Overall, Pittsburgh is averaging 152.8 ypg and 4.1 ypc.

The defense could very well be short handed once again as South Florida All-American defensive end George Selvie and defensive tackle Terrell McClain likely will miss their second consecutive game. On the other side, the Panthers defense is playing well, allowing just 306.5 ypg, which is 32nd in the nation. The team allowed just 254 total yards to Bowling Green in the opener but it was hurt by four turnovers. The Panthers should very well be 4-0 heading into this game.

The rushing defense of the Bulls as mentioned is solid but Pittsburgh falls into a contrarian situation based on that defense. Play against home favorites between 10.5 and 21 points that are allowing fewer than 100 ypg on the ground, after giving up fewer than 40 yards rushing in their last game. This situation is 34-10 ATS (77.3 percent) over the last 10 seasons. Pittsburgh is 5-2 ATS L7 road games against a team with a winning record while the Bulls are 0-6 ATS L6 against teams with a winning record. Play Pittsburgh Panthers 2.5 Units

Mr. IWS
10-02-2008, 01:04 PM
Vegas Sports Experts

10* Take Oregon State (+11.5) over Utah (NCAA Power Play)
9:00 PM EST

Oregon State
• 6-0 ATS coming off a conference win by 7 points or less
• 6-0 SU coming off an upset win as an underdog
• 8-2 SU after having won 2 of the last 3 games

Bonus Play for Thursday

5* Take UAB (+3) over Memphis

Mr. IWS
10-02-2008, 01:04 PM
Marc Lawrence (Playbook)

S FLORIDA over Pittsburgh by 10
Trailing pathetic Syracuse 24-13 in the 3rd quarter last Saturday at the Carrier
Dome, Pittsburgh head coach Dave Wannstedt probably drifted away for a
moment or two where he wondered, “When will it happen? How will they
tell me it’s over and what will I say at the press conference?” Amazingly, the
Panthers saved Wanny’s hide for another week by rallying to top the Orange,
34-24, a third straight unimpressive win that pushed Pitt’s season record to
3-1 SU but 0-4 ATS. That goose egg is a real bummer because the Panthers
actually own some good ATS ammunition in this matchup: 6-1 as dogs in the
second of BB road trips, 5-1 away with Big East revenge and 4-1 taking points
from an undefeated opponent (Game Five or later). South Florida moved into
a 10th place tie with Georgia in this week’s Coaches Poll after annihilating NC
State, 41-10, and the Bulls have gone 2-1 SU and ATS versus Pittsburgh since
Wannstedt arrived in the Steel City. We’d love to fade Dave and his Panthers
here but our SMART BOX on page 3 suggests otherwise. Pass for now.
Memphis over UAB by 7
Shhh – don’t tell anyone but the 2-3 Tigers are 5-0 In The Stats this year after
ripping Arkansas State, 29-17. Memphis pitched a shutout in the second half
against the Red Wolves with a ‘punt, punt, punt, punt, turnover, turnover, punt
and out on downs’ performance. “That was as good a defense as I’ve seen around
here in a long time,” crowed Tigers head coach Tommy West, who was also
pleased to see his offense outrush ASU 243-179. The Blazers have more than held
their own lately against Memphis, cashing in 7 of the last 8 series showdowns,
including 4-0 at home. But UAB has left the money on the table when facing
a foe off a SU dog win, posting a dismal 0-6 SU and 1-5 ATS mark. The Blazers
have not shown improvement under 2nd year coach Neil Callaway, winning just
3 of 17 games SU – and two of those came against unlined opposition. With
UAB struggling to a season-low 207 yards of offense last week against South
Carolina, we’ll back the better defensive squad here and take the Tigers.
UTAH over Oregon St by 16
It looks like Oregon State is a lock for this week’s Rodney Dangerfi eld ‘Zero
Respect’ Award. After initiating last week’s ‘Black Saturday’ in college football
(7 teams ranked in the national Top 25 went down) with their HUGE 27-21 upset
win against then No. 1 USC on Thursday at Corvallis, Mike Riley’s Beavers have
been installed as double-digit road dogs to a MWC team! With OSU smacking
the Utes, 24-7, in the 2007 season opener, such a situation would normally get
our blood pumping. However, the Beavers’ recent ATS history says they may
not be up to the task of picking unbeaten Utah’s pockets. Not only are they a
weak 2-5 as dogs off a SU double-digit underdog win but ALL non-conference
underdogs off a SU dog win of 20 or more points have failed to the tune of 0-16
SU and 5-10-1 ATS! The Utes help their cause with a 4-0 ATS mark when playing
with non-conference revenge and a 5-2 ATS log when taking of foes off a SU
home dog win. The only potential fl y in this ointment is our very own SMART
BOX, which declares 5-0 Utah to be a go-against FAT CAT. Rarely do we ignore
such advice but following Oregon State’s colossal takedown of the Trojans, the
Beavers look to be much FATTER today

Mr. IWS
10-02-2008, 01:32 PM
NSA:
20* Pittsburgh
10* Memphis, Oregon State
10* Rays/White Soxs Under, Brewers, Dodgers

Mr. IWS
10-02-2008, 01:47 PM
Investment Playmakers 20* Total of the Day [ MLB ]
Date: Thursday, October 02, 2008
$27.00 Guaranteed: REDUCED PRICE!!! We have the total locked and loaded on the White Sox and Devil Rays matchup. Get this selection today and cash this ticket for early afternoon playoff action. Must win or you do not pay.

White Sox vs Devil Rays Over 8.5 runs

Mr. IWS
10-02-2008, 01:47 PM
Erin Rynning
playmaker/ under tampa-chicago

Mr. IWS
10-02-2008, 02:20 PM
Handicapper: IndianCowboy
Sport: College Football
Game: Memphis Tigers @ UAB Blazers - Thursday October 2, 2008 8:00 pm
Pick: 3 units ATS: UAB Blazers +3.5 (-110)

6-1 Last Wekeend, 2-0 Yesterday including La Tech/Boise State Under, Victorious 7 of 8 Days and 15-6-1 (70%+), Victorious September in the books and Top-rated kept for clients. The total for this game opened up at -4 and has actually gone down slightly to -3 in favor of the home dog UAB. There is no real line movement on the total, although with the line moving towards the home dog, it usually means an over. But, a bit more research needs to be done on this game before coming to that conclusion. This is an interesting game from the Conference USA. After all, Marshall leads the East portion of the Conference at 2-0 and Rice leads the West portion of the conference at 3-0. Memphis ranks top 20 on the nation in offense and top 75 roughly in defense. Yet, this is a game that UAB could do very well in. I understand that most of the public is on Memphis here to the tune of 63%. Why? Because they are 2-4 as compared to UAB being 1-4? In this early part of the season, just because a team has one more win before conference play has really started makes no sense. Do you realize how tough it is to win on the road in College Football - especially in conference play? Extremely tough. Just ask the USC Trojans who played Oregon State. UAB lost to this Memphis team 9-25 last year so they do have revenge and they come home after a tough loss to the Vols on the road. I wouldn't be surprised to see UAB win this game outright.

Mr. IWS
10-02-2008, 04:12 PM
Tony Karpinski
Oregon State vs. Utah (NCAAF) - 9:00 PM EDT Premium Play
Pick: Point Spread: -11/-108 Utah Play Title: 10* Thursday Night College Football Game of the Year

Mr. IWS
Damon Roberts

10,000 DIME ONE AND ONLY
THURSDAY THREE TEAM
PARLAY OF THE YEAR 3000 Dime - Pittsburgh +13.5 over South Florida

3000 Dime - Memphis -3 over UAB

2000 Dime - Oregon State +11 over Utah
2000 Dime - Parlay All Three

Mr. IWS
Brad Diamond

20* MLB Maximum Perfect

Play on: 20* Milwaukee (C. C. Sabathia) over Philadelphia

This is one of the few times we get to use the lefty over the righty in a road setting that fits in our reverse angle criteria. Not only that, but the Brewers are in must win situation and can't afford going 0-2 against the big bats of the Phillies. Thus far this season the Phillies have not faced the veteran Sabathia. Historically, that usually plays well for a team like Milwaukee, especially with their emotions amped up.

Take Milwuakee to come up big emotionally on Thursday!

Mr. IWS
10-02-2008, 04:13 PM
Ron Raymond
1 2008-10-02 RON RAYMOND'S 5* CFB THURSDAY NIGHT BEST BET
Pick # 1 Utah (-11.0

Mr. IWS
Bob Balfe

College Football
Pittsburgh/South Florida Over 51
When you bet on Pittsburgh you never know which Panthers team will show up. This is the most unpredictable team to bet on in the nation so hopefully tonight they continue that trend and give USF a game. South Florida is one of those schools that need to win and win big for style points. This team knows that even if they run the table they would need a lot of outside help. Pittsburgh allowed a ton of points to Syracuse and will have no answer for South Florida. When the Bulls are on defense they will be without two starters one being George Selvie who is the heart of the defense. Without that leadership I expect Pitt to score more. Look for both teams to score enough to push this over the total.

Major League Baseball
Phillies/Brewers Under 8 runs
Myers/Sabathia

Cubs -165 over Dodgers
Zambrano/Billingsley

Mr. IWS
Savannah Sports

NCAA Football
3 Units on Pittsburgh +13.5
2 Units on Pittsburgh Over 51

Mr. IWS
Triple Threat Sports

SERIES PLAY

3* Tampa Bay (-160) over Chicago

White Sox got here thanks to being very good at home. Problem is, they are on the road for three games of this series, and the Rays were the best team in the majors at home this year, going 57-24. Also, the field at The Trop is turf, and the White Sox are 4-16 on carpet this year, 1-3 here in Tampa. Finally, Chicago shot all of its bullets to get here, as three consecutive pitchers went on three days rest to get the Pale Hose to this spot, whereas Joe Maddon was able to rest starters and get things set up for this.

Mr. IWS
10-02-2008, 04:28 PM
SPYLOCK
Memphis-3....1 unit

Mr. IWS
10-02-2008, 05:44 PM
ATS Lock Club
Memphis -3

Mr. IWS
10-02-2008, 05:44 PM
vegas Runner

3*
South Florida

Mr. IWS
10-02-2008, 06:18 PM
Wizard of Odds Guaranteed Selections
Date: Thursday, October 02, 2008
$25.00 Guaranteed: Are you looking for a "A HUGE WINNER" today in Baseball? Well today is your LUCKY Day as the Wizard of Odds has just what you are looking for and it is our SURE THING BASEBALL WINNER and you can get it right now for just $25! You are GUARANTEED to win this game or you will not be charged! We are 90-36 in Baseball this year and we are on a 80-34 run with all selections! 10/2/2008

SURE THING BASEBALL WINNER
Chicago Cubs w/Zambrano -150 9:35 EST

Mr. IWS
10-02-2008, 06:18 PM
100* vegas steem play....pitt plus any number.
SEABASS

Mr. IWS
10-02-2008, 06:19 PM
INDIAN COWBOY

Utah -11 (POD)

UAB +3.5

Mr. IWS
10-02-2008, 06:34 PM
VEGAS RUNNER

vegas-runner | CFB Side Double-Dime Bet
309 Oregon St. 11.5 (-110) Bodog vs 310 Utah
Analysis:
** 2* WAGER **

Thu, 10/02/08 - 9:00 PMvegas-runner | CFB Total Double-Dime Bet
310 Utah / 309 Oregon St. Under 53.5 Sportsbetting.com
Analysis:
** 2* TOTAL **

I am hoping that with more and more money coming in on the OVER...we are able to get an even higher number to go UNDER with...Because of the early start in MLB (Mil/Phi), I had to Upload the play now, but I just wanted to stress that we are definately holding out for the best number possible, and will jump on UNDER 54 immediately if available...VR

Thu, 10/02/08 - 8:00 PMvegas-runner | CFB Total Double-Dime Bet
308 UAB / 307 Memphis Over 57.5 BetUS
Analysis: ** 2* TOTAL **

Thu, 10/02/08 - 8:00 PMvegas-runner | CFB Side Double-Dime Bet
308 UAB 4.0 (-120) Bodog vs 307 Memphis
Analysis: ** 2* WAGER ** (Buy the 1/2 Point)

Thu, 10/02/08 - 7:45 PMvegas-runner | CFB Side Triple-Dime Bet
306 South Florida -13.5 (-110) Sportsbetting.com vs 305 Pittsburgh
Analysis: *** NCAAFB "Prime-Time" 3* BEST BET OF THE DAY ***

Thu, 10/02/08 - 6:05 PM vegas-runner | MLB Money Line Double-Dime Bet

957 MIL (-122) SportBet vs 958 PHI

Analysis:

** 2* ML WAGER ** (Sabathia vs Myers)

Many are saying that CC has to be tired pitching on 3 days rest...but if you look closely you will notice that during the final stretch, the Brewers were already conditioning him for exactly this situation...and I expect him to come in ready to go...

Yesterday in the forums I covered some of the factors for this match-up...So rather than go over them again today, let's instead see where and why things may change this evening...

Yesterday was on the 2nd time Lidge had to throw more than 30 pitches in an inning, and although the Brewers didn't get to him, they did make him go deep in the count...That may really play a crucial role in this one because after throwing 35 pitches, without a night off like the last time he did it...The Brewers should come to the park feeling that this time they will get to the Phils pen...

Finally, the way the Phils scored their runs yesterday is another reason the Brewers should be feeling they can get the split on the road...and with their Ace on the mound...I see no reason why that won't happen...

The books I've spoken to are much heavier on the Phils for this one, as was expected when you make them a home dog...and the number should continue dropping as more of it comes in...Now I know from experience that many of the outfits will be buying up some dog money because they absolutely love a home dog anytime they can get it...so it's more of a situational play for them, much more than it is a capped play...because I am sure that their ratings come up with many of the same numbers that I do, which is also evident by the oddsmakers who brought the Brewers out as a fav...So in this spot, I have never feared hearing the outfits may be looking to back the dog...

Mr. IWS
10-02-2008, 06:47 PM
ProCappersNetwork

I won my premium play yesterday as the underdog Red Sox came through with a 4-1 victory. Here are some plays off of my premium card for today.

Tampa Bay -1.74 (2.5 Unit Play) & Tampa Bay -1 1/2 Runs +1.18 (1.5 Unit Play)-The first game today will be Game 1 of this series and the surprising Rays are playing in their first ever playoff game against the White Sox. Tampa Bay was the big surprise of the majors this year as this group of young guys just opened up the season well and continued to play well until the final day of the regular season. This team played in the toughest division in baseball and finished with nearly the best record in baseball and I am not ready to jump off of them just yet! They have one of my favorite pitchers throwing today in James Shields as I own him in a couple of fantasy leagues and although his wins could have been more this year he pitched extremely well at home. Shields was 9-2 in his home starts this year with a 2.59 ERA and he struck out 91 batters in those starts while walking only 22 which is a great stat to have in a playoff game. Shields will be opposed by Javier Vazquez who is only 5-9 on the road this year with a 5.10 ERA and he has really struggled lately as he is 0-3 with a 13.50 ERA in his past three starts. All the intangibles are firmly on the Rays side today as well as while they are 61-30 on artificial turf the slow White Sox are only 4-16. Tampa Bay is 57-24 at home this year while the White Sox are only 35-46 and even when taking on right handed starting pitchers the Rays win out as they are 72-41 compared to the White Sox 58-54 record. Again the price is a little high on a team that has never won a playoff game but the numbers are good and I believe we have the much better pitcher on the mound here as well. Carl Crawford is expected to be in the Rays lineup as well and I look for him to give them a big emotional lift as he has been in Tampa his entire career. I lost going against the White Sox in the two play in games earlier this week but I will go to the well again and look for the Rays to jump out to a 1-0 lead in the series.

The plays above are part of my six play card and a 4* series recommendation play as well(remember the series prices have been adjusted) and you can get that card which is locked and loaded right now by going to procappersnetwork.com and for just $20 you will get not only this card but the rest of my MLB plays through the World Series at no additional charge. I will also throw in my College and NFL plays this week at no additional charge so don't delay and sign up today!

Best of luck to everyone today.

Oscarxena Sports

Here is a selection off of my four play card for NCAA Football this evening:

307 Memphis/UAB Over 57 1/2 -1.10 (3 Unit Play)

Good luck everyone!

Mr. IWS
10-02-2008, 06:47 PM
LENNY STEVENS
10* utah

Mr. IWS
10-02-2008, 06:48 PM
SCORE
200% utah