PDA

View Full Version : ICC Playoff Baseball

ICC
10-02-2008, 12:16 PM
10/02/08

Chicago Cubs & Los Angeles Dodgers Under 8.5 -110

I like the under in this game for numerous reasons. I think that the public perception of Zambrano has gone downhill since he has struggled in his last couple outings. In Zambranos last outing against the Mets, he fell victim to a grand slam by Carlos Delgado that inflated his numbers very much. He wasnt pitching that bad, though he did struggle with his control at times. In the start before that he got lit up by the Cardinals. In that game, he had missed his throwing in between starts to fly down to Venezuela to bury his grandmother. He wasnt mentally prepared for that start at all. While the numbers are still the numbers, I think in both instances the might not be exactly what they appear. He still has devasting stuff. Martin, Eithier, and Kemp have all had success against Carlos in the past, but this is a totally different situation IMO. Carlos has been the Cubs best clutch pitcher over the last 5 years, and I trust his ability to get the job jobe for the Cubs.

The Cubs offense is sputtering right now. Many of the players looked awfully rusty in GM1 after not taking a game serious for a month. Soriano is in a funk where he is swinging at a lot of bad pitches. He chased jsut about everything that was thrown up there last night. I dont believe Soto is healthy at all. He missed the last week of the season with a hand injury, and his bat didnt look like it had all season in his ABs last night. The Cubs also hit into many DPs. They have an amazing ability of killing off their own momentum by hitting ground balls at the worst times.

Both bullpens are ready to go. The Cubs did not use either Marmol or Wood, so I would expect both of them to get action regarding of whether or not the Cubs are winning. The Cubs pen hasnt been great as of late, but I like my chances more when these two will be throwing.

::fingerscrossed::

10-02-2008, 12:47 PM
I am leaning to the OVER myself. I listened to Rick Sutcliffe today and he said yesterday he talked with Zambrano during batting practice and asked him how his shoulder was doing. Big Z responded by tapping his chest and said that his heart is ready for the game. Personally I did not know that heart and shoulder were the same thing, I don't think the big man is close to 100%.

Mr. IWS
10-02-2008, 01:02 PM
Great info fellas.

BOL!

mbgans
10-02-2008, 01:03 PM
chicago white sox +168

over 8.5

just a lot of value

ICC
10-03-2008, 09:01 AM
I should have listened to you mbgans. Instead I lost.

0-1