PDA

View Full Version : 10-14-08

Mr. IWS
10-14-2008, 01:12 PM
Jimmy The Moose

Game: Philadelphia Flyers at Pittsburgh Penguins Oct 14 2008 7:35PM
Prediction: Pittsburgh Penguins

Reason: The Flyers are off to a 0-2 start to the season and come into this game having played last night. The Flyers have allowed 10 goals in their first two games. Having played last night expect a tired Philly team to face a Penguins team that will be well-rested. The Penguins are 1-1-1 to start the season and their one loss was their last game against the Devils where they lost late. The Flyers are 1-11 in their last 12 trips to Pittsburgh. The Penguins will have an easier time offensively vs. a struggling Flyers team. Play on the Pittsburgh Penguins -.

Mr. IWS
10-14-2008, 01:12 PM
Jim Feist

(53) PHI Flyers
(54) PIT Penguins
Take "Over"
Pittsburgh hasn't had a good start defensively to the season, possibly the result of a long trip to Sweden 10 days ago. The Devils ran up a 49-15 advantage in shots on the Penguins, including a 39-7 margin after the opening period. Philadelphia gave up 8 goals the first 3 games, including 3 in back to back games to open the season. Already in an injury bind, the Flyers traded for an experienced defenseman, bringing in 27-year-old Andrew Alberts from the Boston Bruins in exchange for Phantoms forward Ned Lukacevic and a conditional pick in the 2009 entry draft. Randy Jones is worse than the Flyers expected: He will be out 12 to 16 weeks. Early last season these teams met three times and the over was 3-0 in all three, scoring 6, 7 and 7 goals. Look for another offensive show here. Play the Flyers/Penguins over the total.

Mr. IWS
10-14-2008, 01:13 PM
Dave Cokin

(59) ANA Ducks
(60) LA Kings
Take "(59) ANA Ducks"
My Gold Key college football O/U selections have been incredible, standing 16-2 for the season! I'm looking to just as well on the ice and my Tuesday NHL Gold Key Club Total is available now for only $15!

Both SoCal entries are off to rough starts as the NHL season gets underway. The Ducks and Kings are 0-4 between them, so something has to give tonight as they meet at Staples Center. This "road trip" has been one Anaheim has generall enjoyed, as they've won five of seven at LA. I also have to think there's a sense of urgency here for the Ducks. They stumbled out of the gate last season, and while that was attributed to a Stanley Cup hangover plus the absence of Selanne and Niedermayer, it's something they don't want to repeat. The Kings appear to be pretty awful again this season. They've only got one decent line and goaltender LaBarbera is already seeing too much rubber. The Ducks sure didn't impress me in Sunday's loss at home to Phoenix, but I'll go with them to rebound here and grab their initial win as road chalk.

Mr. IWS
10-14-2008, 03:02 PM
Tuesday October 14th 2008
-- Major League Baseball --
8:05p

Mike Rose
Tampa Bay Rays r915
Boston Red Sox r916
o9.0 (-110) / 5 units

5* TBY/BOS OVER 9 -110 (SONNANSTINE/WAKEFILED) BEST 7:30 ET

8:05p

Mike Rose
Tampa Bay Rays r915
(135) / 3 units

3* TBY +135 (SONNANSTINE) VS. BOS (WAKEFIELD) ACTION 7:30 ET

Mr. IWS
10-14-2008, 03:03 PM
Wunderdog

We suffered an 0-3 setback last night. We look to rebound with two picks in tonight's ALCS game.

Game: Tampa Bay at Boston (8:05 PM Eastern)
Pick: 3 units on Boston -144 (moneyline) (risk 3 to win 2.1)
Pick: 3 units on Game Total UNDER 9 +100 (risk 3 to win 3)

The Red Sox have now dropped two straight games and trail the series to the Rays 2-1. This is a huge game for Boston, especially at home and a loss would be devastating. They will send Tampa killer Tim Wakefield to the mound who owns a 19-5 lifetime record over the Rays. He will backed by the best postseason closer this side of Mariano Rivera in Jonathon Papelbon, who if need be will be summoned for a two-inning close, considering the magnitude and significance of this game. The Rays will counter with Andy Sonnanstine who has pitched well this season, but his career numbers against the Boston are not very good. Boston is 31-11 this season as a home favorite of -125 to -175. I will back the BoSox here and also play the UNDER, as the UNDER is backed by an LCS situation that has produced 67% UNDERS that is live for this game.

Mr. IWS
Tom Freese Blue Line Club

Columbus at San Jose (10:35pm)

Columbus is 40-17-6 UNDER their 63 games vs. winning teams and they are 9-4-1 UNDER when playing with two days rest. The Blue Jackets are 9-3-1 UNDER their last 13 road games. San Jose is 4-1-1 UNDER their last 6 games vs. Columbus and they are 5-0-1 UNDER when playing their third game in four nights. The Sharks are 4-0-2 UNDER off a win. PLAY ON 'UNDER'

Mr. IWS
Gold Medal Club NHL Selection

55 Colorado @ 56 Calgary 9:30 pm

PLAY ON 55 Colorado +

Two 0-2 teams face off tonight, but if not for some tough luck on Colorado's part they could very well be 2-0. Colorado has out shot its opposition 72-39 in its first two games. Calgary has given up 11 goals in two games. If form hold true here the Aves will breakthrough tonight against a leaky defense in Calgary.

Mr. IWS
JB's Computer Plays

Tuesday, October 14th, 2008
Time Game Selections
8:05 p.m. Tampa Bay Rays at Boston Red Sox

(R) Andy Sonnanstine (1-0) vs. (R) Tim Wakefield (0-0) Tampa Bay Rays +135

Mr. IWS
Bob Balfe

Rays/Redsox Over 9

Mr. IWS
10-14-2008, 03:04 PM
INDIANCOWBOY

PASSING

HIS RESEARCH:

MLB

Tampa Bay vs. Boston

How about the Rays laying the law down on the road yesterday as Lester gets roughed up at home despite being 11-1 at home. Over 54% of the public are on the favorite here, but that is from a small sample that I have. Anything below a 1000 I think is a small sample to take from. This is the only game going on in the country currently that is of betting interest considering college football, nfl and nba are not in the mix today. Of course, you could bet NHL but that is not my cup of team and WNBA is over. In fact, there has been many days like this this fall with the early part of the weak a bit barren with action. Of course, this changes when college basketball starts which I'm looking forward to a great deal. After losing the first game, Tampa Bay has stormed back the last 2 games. Sonnanstine and Wakefield take the hill for both of these respective teams today. Note, the line originally opened up at Boston -155 and has gone down to -145 while the value on the Rays opened up at +145 and has gone down to +135. This indicates money coming in on the Rays to a decent amount to drop the value on them by a dime. The total has remained steady at 9. The last time Sonnanstine was at Boston, he went 7 innings and gave up just 4 hits and 1 run in a game the Rays won 2-1. Sonnanstine picked up a no-decision in that ballgame. Andy then pitched against Boston at home and once again picked up a no decision as he went 6 innings and gave up 3 hits and 1 run. The Rays won that game 2-1 as Sonnanstine cashed as a +203 dog and a +134 dog both times. He now sits as a road dog of +135 now. Why is this significnat? Well, Sonnanstine was seen as a +203 dog on the road last time in Boston and how fortunes have changed as the price he was given as a home dog at _135 a few weeks ago is the price he is given now as the road dog. This just goes to show how far the Rays have come. Of course, Boston looks to come back fired up for this game and to bounce-back from yesterday's humiliating and frustrating loss. Yet, Sonnanstine continues to have success against this team. Wakefield didn't give up a run to the Yankees at home in 5 inns last time, but note that he has not pitched back to back quality starts in quite some time. He has continued to struggle with this ERA and the Rays shelled him for 6 runs in just over 2 inns in Tampa last time. Frankly, if you are looking for vaule the Rays are not bad here, but given that this is the only game on the board to bet today, it is a crap shoot. I can easily seen this game as a 4-5 type of ballgame. I can also see the Rays winning and given the value they are solid here as they have the better pitcher. In the same token, Boston knows this is a must win and of course, Wake is on a bounce-back from his previous rough loss on the road at Tampa Bay. Those are the facts and the write-ups I have in this game. No play for me, but hope you find this helpful as best of luck on what you decide. gl.

Mr. IWS
Paul Leiner
Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Sport: MLB
Game: Rays vs Redsox
Prediction: 10* Rays +135

Mr. IWS
AKMENS
MLB REPORT FOR TODAY’S ACTION:

#916 @805PM 10* BOSTON (WAKEFIELD) -137 vs Tampa Bay (Sonnanstine

Mr. IWS
10-14-2008, 05:51 PM
KELSO

5 Units Tampa +135

Mr. IWS
10-14-2008, 05:52 PM
EDDIE ROMAN

Tampa Rays

Mr. IWS
10-14-2008, 05:52 PM
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Handicapper: Tony Karpinski
Tampa Bay Rays vs. Boston Red Sox (MLB) - 8:05 PM EDT Premium Play
Pick: Money Line: -138 Boston Red Sox Play Title: 10* MLB Game of the Week
Click Here to View Pick Analysis
The RedSox cannot afford to go down 3-1 in the series tonight and will come back strong with Tim Wakefield on the mound after a rare home loss yesterday afternoon. Wakefield is 19-5 lifetime against them with a 3.32 ERA in 41 games against Tampa and will continue upon that success since the Rays have not seen a knuckleballer in quite some time. TB has a bunch of free swingers and will have trouble making solid contact with Wakefield.
Boston has a dominating home record and will take care of business in game 4 to even up this series Tuesday Night. Look for David Ortiz to have a big game tonight as well.

Mr. IWS
10-14-2008, 05:53 PM
Matty O'Shea | MLB Total Double-Dime Bet
916 BOS / 915 TAM Under 9 SportBet

Mr. IWS
10-14-2008, 06:05 PM
ProCappersNetwork

I am on a 12-3 run in the playoffs.

I went 2-2 yesterday but turned a nice little profit of 3.40 units as both big underdogs were able to come through. Here are my selections for today:

Boston -1.35 (3 Unit Play) & Boston -1 1/2 Run Line +1.57 (2 Unit Play)-This essentially is my 5* Championship Series play but I am splitting it up in hopes of a bigger payday here tonight. The Red Sox are turning to veteran knuckleballer Tim Wakefield who will be making his first start since September 28th and I believe that Terry Francona is making the right decision here. The weather is expected to be in the mid 50's for tonight's game and right now the wind is blowing out towards left field at 10 MPH. Wakefield should not suffer with the lack of action lately as he throws that fluttering knuckleball which should be quite a weapon tonight against the Rays in the wind. Wakefield has been solid all year at home as he is 7-4 on the year at Fenway with a 3.10 ERA and in fact the Red Sox have won 10 of his 14 starts at home. Wakefield's last five starts at home are also impressive as he has pitched 31 1/3 innings and allowed only 21 hits and seven earned runs while striking out 20 batters and walking only 4. Sure Wakefield has had his problems this year against the Rays as the Red Sox dropped all three of his starts but all of those games were at Tampa Bay and I expect him to be on top of his game here tonight. The Rays will hand the ball to Andy Sonnanstine who was only 7-5 on the road this year with a 4.29 ERA. The Rays did go 10-7 in those starts by Sonnanstine though. I think the problem for the Rays here tonight though is going to be that Sonnanstine pitched two games against Boston late in the season on September 10th and 16th and while he dominated the Red Sox not allowing an earned run the familiarity is there and I think the Red Sox being in a desperate situation will get to him on a cold night at Fenway Park. The HP umpire for tonight's game is Brian Gorman and for the season the home team won 25 out of 34 games with Gorman behind home plate and favorites in the -121 to -140 category went an incredible 10-2 this year in games Gorman umpired. I have Tampa Bay to win this series and I still think they will but I really like the Red Sox to win this game tonight. I have no opinion on tonight's total so I am just riding with the game.

That wraps up my Tuesday Selections and I will be back on Wednesday with another winning selection. Best of luck to everyone tonight and enjoy the game.

Oscarxena Sports

Mr. IWS
10-14-2008, 06:38 PM
NSA

20* boston
10* tb/bos over

10* pit
10* col
10* colm/sj over

Mr. IWS
10-14-2008, 06:39 PM
Stan Sharp | MLB Total
double-dime bet916 BOS / 915 TAM Under 9 BetUS
Analysis: Stan has Bet BOSTON/TAMPA BAY GAME UNDER today. Stan expects a Big Game from Tim Wakefield who has been in this position before. The combination of that along with his knuckle ball should keep the Tampa Bay hitters confused. Add that to the fact that Boston has 3 runs or less in 3 of their last 4 games sends this game Under. TAKE BOSTON/TAMPA BAY GAME UNDER as STAN'S TUESDAY NIGHT BASEBALL BEST BET and make them a DOUBLE DIME PLAY.

Mr. IWS
10-14-2008, 06:46 PM
Bob Akmens Full Card

5* Pittsburgh Penguins

5* Philadelphia Flyers/Pittsburgh Penguins o5.5

5* Anaheim Ducks

5* Boston Red Sox