PDA

View Full Version : Dallas gets dumber by the minute

Luke
10-14-2008, 10:53 PM
Cowboys acquire Williams from Lions

The Dallas Cowboys acquired wide receiver Roy Williams from the Detroit Lions on Tuesday.

The Cowboys will give up a first-round pick in 2009, plus a third- and sixth-rounder that year for Williams and a seventh-round pick in '10.

The Cowboys are negotiating a long-term deal with Williams, who can become a free agent after the season unless the team places the franchise tag on him, with owner Jerry Jones working on a contract extension that will keep Williams in Dallas through 2013.

The five-year deal hasn't been completed, but it should get done in the next couple days. Williams' agent, Ben Dogra of CAA, who was in flight after the trade was completed, will work with Jones over the next 24 to 48 hours to finalize the deal, which will pay in the $8.5 million to $9 million-a-year range, according to multiple sources

Luke
10-14-2008, 10:56 PM
A first ,third ,sixth and seventh round pick ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao::

They couldnt be any dumber ,forget about the future.

They gave up enough picks to build a offense to get a WR that isnt even a top 10 receiver in the league.

I think Jerry Jones is going senile

Mr. IWS
10-15-2008, 06:51 AM
Pats got Moss for a 3rd rounder. At least Matt Millen wont be in Detroit to draft another WR with that first pick.

Chico1856
10-15-2008, 08:11 AM
are they going to convert him to Corner?

RedHottG2
10-15-2008, 12:37 PM
Luke

He was playing with Detroit, how could he be a top 10 receiver in the league ? ::swifty::

Luke
10-15-2008, 07:30 PM
Luke

He was playing with Detroit, how could he be a top 10 receiver in the league ? ::swifty::

Kinta threw for 4000 and 4200 yards in 2007 and 2006 those balls had to go to someone.

Roy wasnt even the best WR on his team Calvin Johnson is.

Thats not the point though, the Dallas defense cant stop anyone they needed defensive players and they could have got plenty of them for what they gave up for a WR they didnt need .Their offense was already one of the best .Its fine with me though I dont care if they dont make the Super Bowl again

Luke
10-15-2008, 10:42 PM
Let me clarify .Dallas the team is not dumb but I think what they was dumb. I just think they way overpaid for Williams and should have looked at other ways to make the team better than offense.

I'm not biased though because I have no favorite team .

The only reason I have hard feelings toward Dallas is every time I bet them they lose, every time I go against them they win but that is a long list ::lmao::