Power Plays 4*'s

4* FSU

Mr. IWS
10-16-2008, 11:51 AM
Jim Feist

(55) WAS Capitals
(56) PIT Penguins
Take "Over"
A couple of strong offensive teams here. The Pittsburgh Penguins don't expect to go much longer with minimal output from stars Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin. For now, they're getting by with goals from players whose scoring for a season sometimes doesn't match a week of Crosby's. Pascal Dupuis scored on a slap shot from along the edge of the left circle with 10.8 seconds left in overtime and the Penguins in a 3-2 win over the Flyers. Washington is averaging almost 5 goals per game and is allowing just over 3 goals per game. With so much offensive firepower, this one sails over. Play the Capitals/Flyers over the total.

Mr. IWS
10-16-2008, 11:51 AM
Dave Cokin

(303) BYU
(304) TCU
Take "Under"
Tonight's MWC clash between BYU and TCU is a big one. The Cougars are looking to crash the BCS party, and need to keep winning to get their shot. While they're a program renowned for offense, it's actually the BYU defense that has been the more consistent unit this season. Over their last four games, BYU has two shutouts, led 34-0 vs. Utah State before giving up a couple of meaningless scores and held New Mexico to one field goal. TCU gave up a bunch on the road to Oklahoma. But in their other six games, the Horned Frogs have surrendered a grand total of 45 points. I expect the two stop units to be at their respective best in this important game, and I look for the Under to come home a winner.

Mr. IWS
10-16-2008, 01:38 PM
NSA

20* Tcu
10* byu/tcu under
10* Fla st
10* fsu/ncst over

10* Red Socks

10* Pit

Mr. IWS
10-16-2008, 01:39 PM
Greg Shaker "Destroyer" play, a triple dimer, is on TCU

Mr. IWS
10-16-2008, 02:57 PM
IC comp

Winning 6 of the last 8 Comp Selections and 4 OF 5 Winners.

TCU -1

There is a lot of interesting things going on in this game. For starters, BYU is playing for a BCS Bowl Birth and TCU is one of the few competent teams that stands in their way. The line which opened up for BYU as a -1.5 favorite with around 65% of the public on them has now gone down to a pick-em in most places despite most of the public on BYU. In fact, there are places now where you will find BYU as the Underdog. Note, that the Quarterback for TCU Dalton is questionable for this game. Even with that, the line has significantly and still moves toward TCU. BYU beat this team 27-22 last year in a hard fought game at home which TCU covered the touchdown spread on the road. Folks talk about BYU's great winning streak thus far as they have won their last 10+ games including being ranked 8th in the nation. But, did you know that TCU has won 9 of its last 10 games? Heck, this team beat New Mexico on the road 26-3. This team is also 6-3 ATS over its last 10 and has defeated other teams at home 41-7 (San Diego State), Stanford 31-14 and won on the road decisively at SMU and gave Oklahoma a bit of a fight before being overwhelmed. Having said that, BYU continues to roll comfortably with Max Hall behind the helm having thrown for 20 touchdowns and 4 interceptions. Look, I can't make this an official pick for me for a couple of reasons including not knowing how the quarterback stands for TCU. But, let me ask you something. What has BYU proved on the road? Barley defeating Washington in a controversial game on the road is their only pad to success on the highway - Utah State does not count. It's not an official play, but I'm rolling with TCU as my comp play today as they are 4-0 ATS when playing teams with a winning road record and 4-1 ATS coming off an ATS loss.

Mr. IWS
KELSO

5 units-Nc State (+11) over Florida State
7:30 PM -- Carter-Finley Stadium

N.C. State (2-4) is getting healthy again and gets back three defensive players, including two starters for this game. This is not to suggest the Wolf Pack can beat Florida State (4-1) but a healthy defense figures to slowdown the one thing FSU does well, and that is to run the football. It is obvious the Seminoles have shown a preference for running the football and that is what I believe they will do here and that alone is going to slowdown the scoring. N.C. State comes into this off a bye and appears ready to fire its best shot. Considering all the circumstances, the number is simply too high.

5 units- rays

Mr. IWS
Matty O'Shea | MLB Money Line Single-Dime Bet
920 BOS (-155) BetUS vs 919 TAM

Mr. IWS
10-16-2008, 02:58 PM
Trace Adams

1500- NC ST
500- DRays

Mr. IWS
Vegas Sports Experts

10* Take TCU (-1) over BYU (NCAA Power Play)
8:00 PM EST

TCU
• 11-3 ATS when playing in the 2nd half of the season the last 3 years
• 6-0 ATS coming off 2 or more consecutive wins
• 16-4 ATS in home games when the total is between 42.5 and 49 points

Bonus Play

5* Take N.C. State (+11) over Florida State (NCAA Bonus Play)

Mr. IWS
Wunderdog NHL
Game: New Jersey at Atlanta (7:05 PM Eastern)
Pick: Game Total OVER 5 -130

The New Jersey Devils will bring their 2-1 record to Atlanta tonight to face the 1-1-1 Thrashers. The Thrashers were impressive in their opener winning 7-4, but they have struggled since. They are allowing 3.67 goals a game and that has been their problem. New Jersey had been solid behind Martin Broduer, but the net was leaky in his last outing allowing four goals. These teams have a history of lighting up the nets when they play in Atlanta. Over the last three years, which includes the last six times these teams have met, this matchup has produced 48 goals, or an average eight per contest! This one looks like another one ready to produce some scoring, so I'll back the OVER here.

Mr. IWS
Nathan Armstrong
Highprofitsports

2* Parlay Byu/under
2* Florida State

Mr. IWS
Triple Threat Sports 777

Lost last night on Sac Kings

Tonight: Spurs/Cavs UNDER 176.5

Mr. IWS
10-16-2008, 05:51 PM
ATS Lock College 10/16
4 units TCU -1.5

Mr. IWS
10-16-2008, 05:51 PM
Bob Balfe

College Football
NC State +11 over Florida State
Florida State has finally found some offense, but I do not think they are as good as their point per game total would indicate. NC State has been beat up this year, but they proved they could win the big game when they beat then ranked ECU a few weeks back. FSU might have given their rivals Miami all they had last week and this will be more of a letdown game. Bottom line FSU should not be favored by double digits yet. Take NCState

BYU +1.5 over TCU
This is a very interesting game. I will say more people are betting on BYU, but it seems like the big money is heavy on TCU. TCU has a great defense, but lets not forget about BYU's Defense which is pretty good. TCU Is great at stopping the run, but BYU passes the ball and their offense is as good as any in the nation. BYU has the longest winning streak in the nation and when you don't get that feeling of being a loser you don't find ways to lose. This will be a great game. Take BYU.

Major League Baseball
Rays/Redsox Over 9 runs
Kazmir/Matsuzaka

Mr. IWS
10-16-2008, 05:52 PM
D O C Sports NHL

6 Unit Play. #56 Take Pittsburgh -125 over Washington (7:35 pm NHL Center Ice) Game of the Month.

Mr. IWS
Northcoast Marq.

Fla. St.
TCU

Mr. IWS
Greg Shaker | CFB Side
triple-dime bet304 TCU 0.0 (-110) BetUS vs 303 BYU
Analysis: NCAAF: Brigham Young Cougars at Texas Christian Horned Frogs - TCU Pick -110 | Unit Value: 3 UNIT "Destroyer"
Game Date: 10/16/2008
Note: We are going to find out just what the BYU Cougars are all about Thursday Nite and they will come into the game with Max Hall back at the helm. This however, is not the best time to be getting back into the action facing a TCU defense that has been very good this year. The fact is, they have the #1 Run Defense in the country and if you can't run the ball on the road, you cannot win. This contest tonight will be the first one away from Provo in over a month. The 2 previous games played on the road by the Cougars were not nearly as pretty as they have been at home. We now know that the Washington Husky miracle was not all that impressive. Yardage totals for this team have not been too impressive as well of late and the competition level has not been that sporty. TCU has been impressive in many respects with the only loss at Oklahoma. In that game, the Sooners ran 36 times. They managed 25 yards. Is that a WOW? Yep. This is going to be a rabid crowd for this Nationally Televised game. The Horned Frogs will be also. Last year's game saw a 5 point BYU Win at Provo. You can bet that BYU knows that this is their very toughest test to date. I certainly know that it is. Don't be fooled by the rankings. TCU is the best choice for this one and one of the best choices this week.

Mr. IWS
10-16-2008, 05:53 PM
vegas-runner | MLB Money Line Double-Dime Bet
920 BOS (-150) Bodog vs 919 TAM
Analysis:
** 2* ML WAGER ** (Matsuzaka vs Kazmir)

Mr. IWS
RON RAYMOND'S 5* NHL BEST BET WINNER
Pick # 1 Minnesota Wild / Florida Panthers /Under 5 110

RON RAYMOND'S 5* CFB THURSDAY BEST BET
Pick # 1 Florida State / North Carolina State Under 48.5

Mr. IWS
Thu, 10/16/08 - 8:05 PM vegas-runner | MLB Money Line Double-Dime Bet
920 BOS (-150) Bodog vs 919 TAM
Analysis:
** 2* ML WAGER ** (Matsuzaka vs Kazmir)

Mr. IWS
10-16-2008, 05:54 PM
STU FEINER`S PLAYS way better than that LANG Guy!!!!!

50 DIME FSU - NC STATE Winner (SF1)

FSU (48) at N.C. State (+11) - 7:45 p.m. EST

It’s desperation time tonight in Raleigh for the Wolfpack and N.C. State will stay inside this double-digit spread as this is a very live home dog folks. The Wolfpack are a solid 6-1 ATS in the last seven meetings including four outright victories as NC State is a team that has given the Seminoles fits in recent years. And this is a FSU program that has not played its best football under the Thursday night prime time lights going 4-4 SU in its last eight such affairs with five of those games coming down to the last minute. Yes, the Noles will find a way to win this evening in a hostile environment, but no way they cover this double-digit number. Both teams are coming off a bye week, but the Pack, at 2-4 SU, have gotten healthier during the break and welcome back several key personnel back to the playing field. DT Alan-Michael Cash is back tonight and that’s big as he will command attention from FSU. Also, big-play LB Nate Irving is expected back for the Pack. Yes, FSU has been pretty impressive with its rushing attack in recent weeks, but look for the Pack to stack the box and make inconsistent QB Christian Ponder make plays with his arm. The sophomore first-year starter is just 30 of 71 for 330 yards, one TD and six interceptions versus I-A competition this year. The Noles have also played well on the defensive side of the football, but the Pack gets back some injured offensive linemen this evening and QB Russell Wilson has been making plays for the Pack both with his arm and legs. FSU has also struggled stopping Wolfpack runner Andre Brown in the past (179 yards as a frosh, 113 yards as a sophomore) while I expect FSU to give ups some big plays on special teams as they did less than two weeks ago with poor tackling against Miami. Last game, NCSU return man T.J. Graham returned a kickoff 100 yards for a score against Boston College as he ranks first in the ACC in kickoff returns. Last year when his team was 1-5 SU, Tom O’Brien got his troops ready during the off week as they emerged from the break with an upset win at ECU on their way to winning four straight. They’re confident in such a repeat tonight. O’Brien will have his team pumped and ready tonight against a FSU team that is 2-4 SU/ATS as a road chalk its last six such tries. Just too many points for FSU with a shaky QB on the road to cover as NCSU stays inside this price.

N.C. STATE (+11) 50 Dimes

30 DIME BYU - TCU Winner (SF2)

BYU (47) at TCU (+1) - 8 p.m. EST

The nation’s longest winning streak will come to a close Thursday night in Fort Worth Texas as TCU will pull the upset over BYU. The Cougars are playing their first game outside the state of Utah in more than a month and will encounter a very talented TCU team that is accustomed to facing nationally elite programs. They battled gamely last month at Oklahoma in their only loss in seven games this season. Last year they led Texas 10-0 at half before succumbing. Two years ago they whipped a pass-happy Texas Tech team and three years ago they toppled the Sooners. Thursday night they’ll bring in the nation’s No. 1 team in the country in total defense at 207 ypg and are tops in rushing defense in allowing just 20.7 ypg. Of course they’re facing a very explosive Cougar attack, but the Horned Frogs, who have covered five of their last six as a home dog, will not be intimidated. Surly they learned something from last week in watching New Mexico run the football and control clock in losing 21-3 at BYU. Look for the Horned Frogs to pound the football behind an OL that returned four starters from last year. Starting QB Andy Dalton is expected to be back from a knee injury, but his replacement, Marcus Jackson, is more than capable of the leading the team, too. BYU’s defense has been solid, but its numbers are skewed having faced a sub-par schedule of opponents to date. I am not sold on this Cougar stop unit, but I do love the aggressive, hot-pursuing Horned Frogs defense. Only Oklahoma has scored more than 14 points on TCU this year as defensive coordinator Dick Bumpas will mix it up with blitzes and such and send a bunch of looks for BYU passer Max Hall to deal with. TCU enters this game ranked ninth in the nation in scoring defense at 11.4 points allowed per contest. BYU may have won 16 straight games, but the truth is they haven’t had too many challenges or difficult situations to face in that stretch. That is not the case Thursday night as TCU is on home runs of 18-2 SU and 14-4 ATS since the 2005 season. Meanwhile, the Cougars, who have failed to cover in the two consecutive as a road chalk and were held to 382 yards last week by the Lobos, are facing their stiffest test since early last year. Look for a big-time prime time effort from TCU as the more tested Horned Frogs take this Thursday night win.

TCU (+1) 30 Dimes

ALCS Game 5 Winner (SF3)

Tampa Bay (Kazmir) at Boston (Matsuzaka) - 8:05 p.m. EST

This Game 5 total tonight from Fenway is just too high and it’s staying under. A lot has been said of how Scott Kazmir has struggled of late, but I expect the Tamp Bay starter to come big with an opportunity to help send his team to its first-ever World Series. Yes, the lefty and former staff ace has been slightly off of late, but he’s a gamer and he likes this park as in 11 career starts at Fenway he is sporting a 3.02 ERA. And of course, he’s facing a slumping Boston lineup that is batting a mere .241 during the playoffs. David Ortiz is batting just .161 in the postseason and as a team as a whole, the Sox just aren’t getting clutch hits. The Rays, though, have, but they’ll again struggle versus Boston starter Dice-K this evening. In his last two starts versus Tampa, Matsuzaka has allowed just one run and seven hits in12 frames. Ten of his 16 home starts this year have stayed under and he has a 3.34 ERA at home this year. The Rays are batting just .267 versus righty starters and they’ll again struggle versus Dice-K as this game will be tight and low scoring and it will stay under.

UNDER (9) (+100) 30 Dimes

Mr. IWS
10-16-2008, 05:54 PM
Akmens Hockey

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tampa and Pittsburg

Mr. IWS
10-16-2008, 05:55 PM
Handicapper: IndianCowboy
Sport: College Football
Game: Florida State Seminoles @ NC State Wolfpack - Thursday October 16, 2008 7:30 pm
Pick: 3 units (Play of the Day) ATS: NC State Wolfpack +11 (-110)

ACC Battle here. Note, that this line opened up at -10 as FSU is visiting NC State and has risen up to -11. The total has remained steady at 48. Over 56% are in fact favoring the home dog here in NC State on a weekday night football. This game is on ESPN and you can actually get NC State on the ML at +330 if you'd like and FSU on the ML is around -420 this morning. FSU Stands at 4-1 while NC State is 2-4 and note that both teams are positive ATS wise as FSU this year is 2-1 ATS while NC State is 3-2 ATS. Although Ponder has thrown for 6 picks, he has down surprisingly well as he has thrown for 7 touchdowns and it seems that this team is riding him for the rest of the season after lack of production from Weather ford. The home team has won the last 2 times these 2 teams have met. FSU won 27-10 last year but NC State covered the 18 point road spread they faced and NC State won 24-20 at home the year before that. NC State is 6-0-1 ATS in this series the last 7 times these 2 teams have met. Harrison Beck and Russell Wilson have both thrown for over 500 yards for NC State but Wilson's stats are considerably better when looking at touchdowns to interceptions. Russell has thrown for 4 touchdowns and 1 pick while Beck has thrown for 2 touchdowns and 6 picks. FSU comes off back to back covers after they dismantled Colorado at home 39-21 easily covering the -6.5 and defeated Miami 41-39 on the road despite a furious come back for the Hurricanes. NC State has lost back to back games including getting spanked 10-41 at home to South Florida only to lose by a touchdowns to BC at home. They have lost back to back games. The Wolfpack are 4-0 ATS following a bye-week and 4-1 ATS following a straight up loss as well.

Mr. IWS
10-16-2008, 05:56 PM
vegas-runner | CFB MoneyLine Triple-Dime Bet
301 Florida St. (-130) BetUS vs 302 N.C. State
Analysis:
*** NCAAFB 3* "PRIME-TIME" TEASER of the WEEK ***

**BETUS has gone down to 10.5, like I was told we could expect as the day progressed...and now we can get an even better number on FSU...hopefully we can get it to 10 by kick-off**

FLORIDA ST -3.5 & TCU +6 (3*) Teaser...

Thu, 10/16/08 - 8:00 PMvegas-runner | CFB Side Double-Dime Bet
304 TCU -1.0 (-110) BetUS vs 303 BYU
Analysis: ** 2* WAGER ** (Check Back for Possible Upgrade)

Thu, 10/16/08 - 7:45 PMvegas-runner | CFB Side Triple-Dime Bet
301 Florida St. -10.0 (-120) BetUS vs 302 N.C. State
Analysis:
*** NCAAFB 3* BEST BET of the DAY *** (UPGRADED)

(Buy the 1/2 to -10)

*** I see that as soon as some of the off-shore shops tried to go to 10.5, they were immediately bet back up...so if you are unable to get 10.5 and take it down to 10 by buying the hook...I still recommend a 2* Wager at -11...Although as I always try to stress, as sports bettors you can very easily increase your overall win% and therefore Profits, by taking the time to SHOP for the best number and also being aware of the market's reaction so that you are able to wait if need be, or fire immediately in other spots ***

*** BETUS has gone to -10.5, just like I was told earlier we would see...I went ahead and Posted this as -10 (-120), buying the 1/2 Point...although for the Teaser, we will wait and see if it gets to 10 on it's own, so that we can take FSU down to only -3...which would possibly make it a 4* GOM type of wager ***

Although I wanted to get the wager to you guys as early as possible for your convenience...I just wanted to add that I have already seen more than 1 book take this line down to 10.5...at which case I am able to BUY the 1/2 and take FSU down to -10...

Because at the present, the concensus is still 11...I went ahead and Uploaded it this way for Grading...

But I urge you to wait, like we are going to do...so that if the opportunity arises to get this at 10.5, and even buy it to 10 like we hope to do...you can do so...And then I will be able to adjust the posted Spread for us as well...VR

Mr. IWS
10-16-2008, 05:56 PM
Northcoast 2 Marquee Plays (No stars)

Fla St -11

TCU -1'

Mr. IWS
10-16-2008, 06:23 PM
EZ Winners

Thursday

5* TCU -1
1* Florida State -11

Mr. IWS
10-16-2008, 06:50 PM
Seabass
20* TB/BOS under

50* FL ST

Mr. IWS
10-16-2008, 06:55 PM
FairwayJay
5* Top - Red Sox/Rays 'under'
Matsuzaka/Shields

Mr. IWS
10-16-2008, 06:55 PM
Bob Akmens full card

NHL

5* Tampa Bay Lightning (-170)

5* Pittsburgh Penguins (-120)

5* Dallas Stars /St. Louis Blues o5.0 (-140)

CFB

5* TCU

MLB

5* Boston Red Sox (-150)

Mr. IWS
10-16-2008, 06:57 PM
The PRES
5* ALC SERIES BEST BET TOTAL
Tampa Bay at Boston Red Sox
Pitchers: Daisuke Matsuzaka vs. Scott Kazmir
Umpire: Alfonso Marquez (19-13, 1.72)
Conditions: Rain; 55 degrees at first pitch with the wind blowing out to left field at 10 mph

Like the Phillies on Wednesday night, the Tampa Bay Rays are one win from the World Series. And while the pitching matchup somewhat resembles last night's righty-lefty battle that took place in Dodger Stadium, the pendulum swings in favor of the Red Sox. However, while everyone believes this game will be played close to the vest, low scoring per se, we don't believe that for a minute. Especially with a hitter-friendly umpire behind home plate.

Note: The Rays are hitting the cover off the ball, and the Red Sox finally get a left-hander they can pound.

Boston is 7-0 when facing elimination in the ALCS. The Red Sox came back from an identical deficit in last year's ALCS against Cleveland, and rallied from 3-0 down in 2004 to stun the New York Yankees in seven games. They went on to win the World Series both times. So calling the 3-1 lead by Tampa Bay a coup, could be premature.

Daisuke Matsuzaka (1-0, 2.25 ERA) took a no-hit bid into the seventh inning of Boston's 2-0 victory in Game 1 last Friday. He struck out nine, gave up four hits and walked four in seven-plus innings, but consider the contest a learning experience for the Rays' hitters. That was the first game, a situation that was rather overwhelming for young Tampa troupe.

Dice-K can't continue to strand runners at the rate he has this season, especially against a confident team with a small strike zone. Opponents were hitless in 14 at-bats with the bases loaded against Matsuzaka in the regular season, and he got Cliff Floyd to ground out in that situation in the first inning of Game 1. He wiggled out of another jam in the seventh as the Rays stranded seven total baserunners.

Since the poor performance against the Sox in Game 1, Tampa Bay's offense has dominated the series. The Rays have racked up 31 runs and 39 hits - including 10 homers - to win the last three games while getting contributions from up and down the lineup. Eleven Tampa Bay players have scored runs in the ALCS and six have homered, led by third baseman Evan Longoria, who's gone deep three times.

Scott Kazmir (0-0, 10.38), who starts for the Rays, has been average at best in the last handful of starts. His dominating slider has quit sliding and the lefty has all but abandoned the pitch. Kazmir is also the only Tampa Bay starter to pitch poorly in this series. He lasted 4 1-3 innings in Saturday's Game 2, yielding five runs, six hits - three homers - and three walks.

Kazmir is 6-7 with a 3.86 ERA in 22 starts versus Boston, but 0-2 with a 9.27 ERA in five outings this season.

The OVER is 6-1 in Rays last 7 road games vs. a right-handed starter, 20-6 in Rays last 26 games vs. a right-handed starter, 5-0 in Kazmir's last 5 starts with 4 days of rest; 4-0 in Kazmir's last 4 starts vs. American League East, 6-1 in Kazmir's last 7 starts and 5-0 in Kazmir's last 5 starts vs. Red Sox.

The OVER is 6-0 in Red Sox last 6 League Championship home games.

Home plate umpire Alfonso Marquez is without question a hitter-friendly vest. His strike zone is QuesTec small and he doesn't give pitcher much room to wiggle around the knees. A serious detriment to the success of Boston starter Dice-K. The OVER is 5-2 in Marquez's last 7 games behind home plate and is 4-1-1 in Marquez's last 6 games behind home plate vs. Boston this year.

5 UNIT Play on the OVER

iavila
10-16-2008, 07:12 PM
IWS Zak doing a good job, keep up the good work. Do you have Kelso's BYU vs TCU play?

iavila
10-16-2008, 07:13 PM
IWS Zak doing a good job, keep up the good work. Do you have Kelso's BYU vs TCU play?

iavila
10-16-2008, 07:13 PM