View Full Version : 10-19-08

Mr. IWS
10-19-2008, 08:39 AM
BIG AL's 100% (11-0 ATS) NFL ROADKILL OF THE WEEK -- Sunday, Oct. 19
At 4:15 pm, our selection is on the Oakland Raiders plus the points over the NY Jets. Last week, New York was our "Roadkill Game of the Month", as Cincinnati fell into a nasty 0-13 ATS angle, and the Flyboys rewarded us with a 26-14 win and cover. But now Eric Mangini's squad is the one that falls into a winless situation. Two games back, New York put up 56 points in a blowout win over Arizona, but NFL teams which score more than 50 points, and then follow up that game with an win, are a dismal 0-11 ATS since 1980 in competitively priced games with pointspreads less than 5 points. Look for Oakland to bounce back from its blowout loss to the Saints. Take the home dog Raiders. Good luck, as always...Al McMordie. And don't miss my big 5* NFL Winner on Sunday.

Mr. IWS
10-19-2008, 08:39 AM
BIG AL's 100% (15-0 ATS) NFL WINNER (RARE 4* PLAY) -- Sunday, Oct 19
At 1 pm, our selection is on the Baltimore Ravens plus the points over Miami, as Baltimore falls into several bounce back systems of mine that are 78-33, 55-15, and 77-26 ATS. Last week, of course, the Ravens laid an egg in Indianapolis, and lost 31-3, but Baltimore matches up much better against a run-oriented Miami team than it did against Peyton Manning and the Colts. The Ravens rank first in rush defense and give up just 66.4 rushing yards per game. Finally, Miami is a dismal 0-15 ATS since 2003 at home when NOT an underdog of +3 or more points, and not off a 3 point or greater win. With Miami off a 29-28 loss to Houston, and now favored over the Ravens, the Dolphins fall squarely into its 0-15 ATS team trend. Look for Baltimore to pull the upset in south Florida on Sunday. Take the points. Good luck, as always...Al McMordie. And don't miss my 5* NFL Blowout of the Year, as I'm a perfect 7-0 on my 5* plays the past 7 months! It's out of two angles that combine for a 43-0 ATS record, so pick it up right now

Mr. IWS
10-19-2008, 08:41 AM
Larry Ness' Week 7 Las Vegas Insider (4-1 with NFL Insiders in '08)

BUFFALO BILLS

Mr. IWS
BIG AL's 100% (43-0) 5* NFL BLOWOUT OF THE YEAR!

BUFFALO BILLS

Mr. IWS
SCOTT SPREITZER'S 25* BEATDOWN *GAME OF THE YEAR!

BUFFALO BILLS

Mr. IWS
10-19-2008, 08:43 AM
Scott Spreitzer
Blowout Of The Month- Titans

Mr. IWS
10-19-2008, 08:45 AM
Brandon Lang

Sunday winners

30 Dime Colts
5 Dime Rams
5 Dime Dolphins (be sure to buy the half-point if for some reason the line goes to 3-1/2. ONLY LAY 3 POINTS in this football game)

Free pick - Buccaneers

Mr. IWS
10-19-2008, 08:45 AM
Big Al Mcmordie

At 1 pm, our member selection is on the New Orleans Saints plus the points over Carolina. Last week, Carolina went on the road, and took on NFC South division rival Tampa Bay. The Panthers were blown out in that game by 24 points, and could suffer a hangover vs. New Orleans on Sunday. Since 1980, NFL home favorites off a 20-point or worse road loss to a division rival are a terrible 43-67 ATS. The road team has won 12 of 15 straight up in this series, and has covered the last 13 in a row, so lets take the points here with the Saints. Good luck, as always...Al McMordie.

Mr. IWS
10-19-2008, 10:38 AM
LARRY NESS

Larry's 'Perfect Storm' G.O.M. (6-1 run!)

Larry's "assault on the pointspread" continues, after he's gone 6-1 (85.7% ATS) s/Thursday. What happens when an overrated team meets an underrated one? You get what Larry calls his 'Perfect Storm' G.O.M. All the details are provided inside with his expert analysis. Larry's 62.1% in NFL '08 and winning is just a click away:

Miami Dolphins

Larry's Weekend Wipeout Winner (6-1 run)

Larry opened with a 2-0 CFB/MLB doubleheader sweep on Thursday and continued his "ATS assault" by going 4-1 in CFB on Saturday. Larry now turns to the NFL (he's 62.1 percent in NFL '08 releases) with a total which will be "over by halftime!" When Larry calls for a W-I-P-E-O-U-T, you want an invite to the party. RSVP now.

San Fran/ NYG OVER

Larry Ness' Week 7 Las Vegas Insider:4-1 TY

Larry's exclusive NFL Insiders are 4-1 (80%) through six weeks of the '08 season (Hurricane Ike postponed Larry's NFL Insider on Houston in Week 2). As always, Larry's 1st posted NFL play of the new week is his latest Las Vegas Insider and it's one you won't want to miss. "It pays to be on the inside with Larry." Want in on Week 7?

Buffalo Bills

Larry Ness' Oddsmaker's Error (85.7% run!)

Larry's gone a money-making 18-11 with all his NFL '08 plays and is currently on a 6-1 (85.7%) run with all plays s/Thursday. He's won Oddsmaker's Error plays in Wk 6 with the Colts (31-3) and Saturday in CFB with Virginia (plus-4), an outright upset winner. Want more? Then look no further than his Wk 7 Oddsmaker's Error in the NFL!

Colts

Larry's ALCS Game 7 'Payday' (6-1 s/Thus)

Larry enters Sunday on a 6-1 (85.7%) all-sports run and these last two weekends, he's been able to cap each day with a "late winner." He won easily a week ago Saturday with Fla 51-31 and last Sunday with the Chargers 30-10. It was LSU last night and tonight Larry turns to his Game 7 ALCS Payday for that "late winner." Want in?

Boston Red Sox

Mr. IWS
10-19-2008, 11:03 AM
BEN BURNS
AFC GAME OF WEEK

I'm taking the points with OAKLAND. As you know, the Raiders have been going through some turmoil of late. Hey, what else is new! Coach Kiffin was released two weeks ago and the team got crushed by the Saints last week. That's the made it so the majority of the betting public wants nothing to do with Oakland this week. Combine that with the betting public's love of Brett Favre (the "Favre factor") and it's pretty safe to say that the books will be getting fairly one-sided action on this one with everyone and their dog wanting to get down on New York. I typically see things a lot differently than most though and I have reason to believe that the Raiders are going to come ready to play this week. The fact that the Raiders got blown out last week wasn't a really big surprise. Not only was it a road game but it was an "early" game, which is often tough for a West Coast based team. Additionally, it came vs. an explosive New Orleans team which came in determined to make a point after letting one get away on national TV the previous week. I won with the 'under' in that game but in hindsight, the Saints were probably the stronger play. The Raiders are back home this week though. They've had some extra time to get over their latest coaching change and the fact that last week's loss was of the "embarrassing variety," will provide additional motivation here. I'll also note that I feel the Raiders are a much more talented team than most people believe and I believe that they match up well vs. the Jets. Yes, New York has won two in a row. However, both those games came at home. The first came vs. Arizona and the Jets were outgained 468-373 in yards and 33-23 in first downs but won because of numerous Cardinal turnovers. Last week's game came vs winless (0-6) Cincinnati and the Bengals were without Carson Palmer. In other words, the Jets' 2-game winning streak isn't quite as impressive as the media would have us believe. Note that the last time they played on the road, the Jets got blown out and gave up 48 points. In fact, dating back to January 2007, they're just 2-9 SU their last 11 road games and 0-9 SU in all cities outside of Miami. The Raiders played very well in their last game here, outplaying and leading a strong Chargers team (the same ones who blew out the Jets) almost the entire way. They lost in the end but still finished with an edge in both total yards and first downs. The Raiders' previous game was a 1-point loss vs. a Buffalo team that is currently ahead of the Jets and on top of the AFC East standings. The Raiders should have won that won too. Before that, they blew out the Chiefs. In other words, they've actually played very well in three of their last four games and they had an "excuse" for the other one. Look for the Raiders to bounce back with a huge effort in Cable's second game as interim coach as the Jets fall to 1-4 ATS the last five times they were coming off two or more consecutive wins. *AFC GOW

Mr. IWS
BURNS
SUNDAY NIGHT GAME OF MONTH

I'm taking the points with SEATTLE. I respect the Bucs and they've admittedly played well here at home this season. That being said, I don't feel that they should be laying double-digits against a desperate Seattle team which they have never been able to be beat here. Yes, Seattle will be without Hasselbeck again this week. However, they're expected to have Seneca Wallace in at QB which, in my opinion, will be a big upgrade over Charlie Frye. As of Friday, Holmgren had this to say of Wallace: "It's going to be his ballgame - unless something happens in the next two days." Wallace is small in stature and he's not all that highly regarded. However, I've watched him closely over his career. He's agile, competitive and fully capable of making plays in this league. While the Bucs have been great at covering small spreads, they're unaccustomed to laying this many points. In fact, they've only been favored by greater than eight points 16 times over the past 16 years and this is their first time in that role this season. Note that they went a money-burning 6-10 ATS in those previous games. The Bucs haven't scored more than 30 points in a game this season and they're averaging 23.5 points per game which is only one point more than the league average of 22.5. Even with a strong defense, that makes covering double-digits difficult. Off a huge divisional win and with a big showdown vs. high profile Dallas on deck, it may be easy for the Bucs to overlook the "lowly" Hawks here. That will prove to be a mistake though as Seattle hasn't given up on the season yet. Keep in mind that the Seahawks have been the champions of the NFC West every year in recent memory and that only Arizona, currently 4-2, has a winning record in their division. The Seahawks are 7-1 all-time vs. the Bucs, including 4-0 here at Tampa. They're also 8-1 ATS as underdogs of greater than eight points since 1997. Look for Wallace to be better than most are expecting and for the Seahawks to come away with at least another cover. *Sunday Night GOM

Mr. IWS
BURNS
TOTAL OF WEEK

I'm playing on the Colts and Packers UNDER the total. When most people think of the Colts, they picture Peyton Manning and a team that scores a lot of points but has a suspect defense. That was the case for a long time and the perception still lingers. However, the Colts' defense has been significantly better for some time now. Yes, the offense is still dangerous offensively and capable of striking quickly. However, Manning and co. are also fully capable of grinding out victories with long methodical drives that chew up the clock. Note that just because they have some injuries at running back doesn't mean that they will abandon the run. They've still got Dominic Rhodes and Dungy is well aware of the importance of the ground game. Note that they ran the ball 30 times against the Ravens last week, which is more than the league average of 27.3. Additionally, note that the Colts limited the Ravens to a mere three points and just 260 yards in that game. Indianapolis defensive captain Gary Brackett had this to say: "The reason it's happened is guys are playing faster. I like to say you have to step with a purpose out there and everyone started buying into that last week." That game stayed below the number and brought the UNDER to 10-7 in the Colts' last 17 games, dating back the past 12 months. Aaron Rodgers has done a fine job in his first year as Green Bay's starting QB so far. He's playing hurt though and the Packers are still only averaging 21.3 points per game at home. Like the Colts, the Packers are coming off one of their better defensive performances. They went on the road and limited Seattle to just 17 points, 13 first downs and 177 yards. The Packers' secondary is more than capable of slowing down (not stopping) the Colts' aerial attack. The Packers currently ranking seventh in the league in pass defense (178.8 ypg) and cornerback Charles Woodson leads the NFC in interceptions. Note that the Packers' secondary is holding opposing quarterbacks to a 62.3 passer rating. That's the third best mark in the NFL. The Packers have seen the UNDER go 3-0 the last three times they played a home game with an over/under line ranging from 45.5 to 49 points and 9-3 their last 12 in that situation. I feel that this number is generous and I look for this afternoon's game to also prove lower-scoring than expected. *total of the week

Mr. IWS
10-19-2008, 11:27 AM
ROOT

Chairman- Redskins
Millionaire- Bills
Money Maker- Panthers
No Limit- Vikings
Insiders Circle- Raiders
Billionaire- Packers

Mr. IWS
10-19-2008, 11:27 AM
DR.BOB
SKINS
PACK

Mr. IWS
10-19-2008, 12:47 PM
Dr Bob

Rotation #426 Washington (-7) 2-Stars at -7 (-1.20 odds or less) and 3-Stars at -6 1/2 points (-1.15 odds or less) or less.
Rotation #428 Green Bay (+1 1/2) 3-Stars at +1 or more, 2-Stars at pick or -1.
Strong Opinion - Rotation #409-410 Pittsburgh-Cincinnati Under (35 1/2) Strong Opinion Under 34 points or higher, 2-Star Best Bet Under 37 points or more.

3 Star Selection
***GREEN BAY 26 Indianapolis (-1.5) 18
I’ll take Green Bay in a 3-Star Best Bet at +1 or more and for 2-Stars at pick or -1.

2 Star Selection
**WASHINGTON (-7.0) 27 Cleveland 13
01:15 PM Pacific, 19-Oct-08
I’ll take Washington in a 2-Star Best Bet at -7 points (at -1.20 odds or less) and for 3-Stars at -6 ½ points (at -1.15 odds or less).

Strong Opinion
UNDER - Pittsburgh (-9.5) 16 CINCINNATI 10
10:00 AM Pacific, 19-Oct-08
I’ll lean with Cincy plus the points and I’ll consider the Under a Strong Opinion in this game at 34 points or higher.

Mr. IWS
10-19-2008, 12:55 PM
ppp
5 dalas
3 hou, wash