PDA

View Full Version : My 14 year old Rottweiler died today

RedHottG2
10-26-2008, 05:21 PM
This is the same female Rottie in the pics most of you saw with my little girl. We could tell she wasn't doing to great because she was starting to stop eating. She was a great dog and loved everyone and was great with Kendra when we put them together. She was 108 in dog years and Rotts usually only live about 8-9 years or so so she was WAY past her time. She still got around great up until today, she even was outside trotting around in the back yard yesterday. She lived one of the best lives a dog could ever live and was very much loved for sure. I was up at 6:30 this morning digging a huge hole out by the front walk way of the house so I could always walk past her and remember her. Then I buried my favorite dog I've ever had and ::crying:: the whole time I did it. This is like losing a long loved family member for sure. We knew this was going to happen soon and we took some pics a couple days before she died. I'll post a few up later..

Mr. IWS
10-26-2008, 05:45 PM
Terrible to hear this man.

timbob
10-26-2008, 06:24 PM
Bummer Mike. 14 years is a long time to have a dog around and I am sure a sad day.

Mr. IWS
10-26-2008, 06:32 PM
I think Husker lost his Rot last year. Like you said though, you gave that dog the best life she could have had.

Luke
10-26-2008, 06:40 PM
I'm so sorry man. ::handshake::

jayallday01
10-26-2008, 10:58 PM
I lost my chow of 13 years a few months back..I feel your pain, man. They are in doggy heaven now, playing and having all the dog treats they can eat!!!!

Max 2
10-27-2008, 01:35 AM
SO SORRY MAN..I FEEL YOUR PAIN..IT IS TOUGH TO LOSE MAN'S BEST FRIEND

10-27-2008, 02:43 AM
Mike I am sorry to hear about losing your best friend. Unfortunately the time comes when they need a new playground. She will be looking down at you, Whitney and Kendra remembering the great times she had with all of you. It is a perfect time to get a new puppy for Kendra to grow up with and you can share a great experience together.

HUSKERPOWER
10-27-2008, 11:01 PM
my dog MAGGIE she was a rott too, she was 12 when we put her to sleep, she also was the nicest dog ever , some people would be very intimidated by her but she was so sweet.
i have a 5 year old little boy and he was around for 3-4 years with her and they were always playing she would only protect us and never even think about harming us very protective dogs, i remember her barking so hard at the front door her front paws would come off the ground just to let everyone no she was inside and meant business i loved that,but like others were saying she is in a better place now .
i still havent got another dog cuz my wife wants a small yapper and i want another rott, she says we will never get another rott as nice as her, my wife always says we lucked out with her and how nice she was. i say its all how you bring them up, in a nice kind home they will only love you back.
we got one of those moving picture frame deals with the memory card , shes still on there and i still see her every day, i still miss her. id wake up every morning let her out back, let her in go to work shed always be there with her stump of a tail wagging when wed get home
itll be hard for a few days but itll get better, you just have to remember that they arent hurting , they are eating well and playing all day long where they are at now

RIP ROTTIES
YOU WILL BE MISSED ::crying::

Chico1856
10-30-2008, 07:35 PM
Sorry to hear learn of your loss Red, my condolences to your family