Mr. IWS
10-28-2008, 02:18 PM
Jorge Gonzalez NBA

10/28/2008
Best Bet! PORTLAND at LA LAKERS Under 196

Mr. IWS
Jim Feist's Play

NBA (503) MILWAUKEE BUCKS (504) CHICAGO BULLS.

Take: (504) CHICAGO BULLS

Reason: It's not like new coach Vinny Del Negro walked into a rebuilding situation. The Bulls have a lot of talent, with rookie guard Derrick Rose, 6-10 Drew Gooden and Luol Deng locks to start. Bucks center Andrew Bogut missed Friday's exhibition finale with an ankle injury, but coach Scott Skiles said Bogut is expected to play Tuesday. Consistency has not been a strong point for the Milwaukee Bucks, going 1-6 in the exhibition season. For coach Scott Skiles, it was more of the same for the Bucks in their 95-76 loss to the Minnesota Timberwolves on Thursday night at the Target Center. The Bucks played well early and led by 13 points late in the second quarter. In the second half, however, they let Minnesota dominate on its way to a lopsided victory. The Bucks shot only 36.3% and have had trouble playing defense the last two years. The more talented home team rolls, play the Bulls!

Mr. IWS
Jimmy The Moose

Game: Boston Bruins at Vancouver Canucks Oct 28 2008 10:05PM

Prediction: Vancouver Canucks

Reason: Prior to last night's game in Edmonton the Bruins had dropped 4 of their last 5 games. The Bruins have lost 5 of their last 7 games. Boston is 5-13 in their last 18 road games. In their last 21 games playing the back end of a back-to-back they are 5-16. Vancouver is also struggling but will play a good game at home. The Canucks are 8-3 in their last 11 games vs. Northeast opponents. Vancouver will be better rested and will take this one. Play on the Canucks -.

Mr. IWS
Doc s ports

3 Unit Play. Take Ohio over Buffalo

This was the year Turner Gill and company were suppose to put it all together and get back to being a contender in the MAC, but things have not gone well lately as they have lost three of their last four games. There lone victory during this time came against Army, by just three points. The Bulls have been terrible on the road losing all three games this season and playing at Peden Stadium will be no picnic. The Bobcats have owned this series going 7-3 against Buffalo and will take care of business tonight at home, as we collect big in the process as well.

Mr. IWS
10-28-2008, 02:19 PM
Jeff Hochman

3* Tampa Bay Lightning +124

The Lightning are playing very good defense but the offense has yet to click. As long as their playing suffocating defense the offense will soon follow. Light play on Tampa Bay!

3* Pittsburgh Penquins +155

The Sharks are not going to win every game at home this season. In fact, they tend to struggle at HP Pavilion vs. winning teams. The Penguins are one of a very short list of teams that can match the Sharks' speed, size, and skill. Pittsburgh is worth a small play at this juicy price.

Mr. IWS
10-28-2008, 02:19 PM
ATS Lock Club
3 Marshall
3 Lakers

Mr. IWS
10-28-2008, 02:20 PM
ATS Financial Package
3 Buffalo
3 Bulls

Mr. IWS
10-28-2008, 05:51 PM
akmens nhl

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

philly

Mr. IWS
10-28-2008, 05:51 PM
indiancowboy

Ic pod = portland +7.5

Portland +7.5 (POD)

I always take the opportunity to take underdogs that can win outright. It has been my staple and such is the case today. This is a game that Portland can indeed win outright. Did you know that Portland has covered the line against the Lakers the last nine ballgames? In fact, many do not. Did you know that these two teams split their games last year with each one of them winning their respective home games? Portland debuts Oden today and I love Nate McMillen coached teams given their defensive intensity from start to finish. I look for Roy, Oden and a solid group of reserves to keep up the defensive intensity as Portland I believe has a 30% shot at winning this game outright and of course, they have a 30% chance of covering as well with the 7.5 point spread as well given my spreadsheets. Thus, I will gladly take the 60% chance of this game covering according to my numbers as that is a shaved coin I am willing to take. As this game presents itself on television, I think Nate will have his boys ready to go early as this team is looking to improve from the .500 season from last year as this is the year they make the leap into the playoffs. Once again, Portland is 9-0 ATS the last nine times these two teams have favced each other.

Mr. IWS
10-28-2008, 05:52 PM
John Ryan

Philadelphia Flyers vs. Atlanta Thrashers
Play: Atlanta +112

Ai Simulator 3* graded play on Atlanta– Supporting this graded play is a system that has gone 64-28 making 33.9 units since 1996. Play on home teams against the money line after having lost 4 of their last 5 games and is a terrible team posting a win percentage of <=30% playing a team with a losing record in the first half of the season. Philadelphia is in a horrid role noting they are 29-50 against the money line (-24.6 Units) when playing against a team with a losing record over the last 3 seasons. Philadelphia is just 1-9 against the money line (-8.3 Units) in road games after a close win by 1 goal in their previous game over the last 2 seasons. The Flyers have defeated Atlanta 10 straight times, but those good times will end tonight based on this grading. Flyers allowed five goals in the weekend series after giving up 17 in the previous three games. The coach was most excited about what the wins meant for Martin Biron, who made 29 saves Saturday to improve to 2-3-1 with a 3.95 goals-against average on the season. Despite the 2 wins against rival NJ, this Flyers team is struggling and right now is just not a good enough to warrant being installed as a favorite on the road. Take Atlanta.

Mr. IWS
10-28-2008, 05:53 PM
Rocketman

NHL

Carolina @ Montreal 7:35 PM EST
Play On: 3* Carolina +170
Carolina is 4-0 SU and ATS at Montreal last 3 years. Hurricanes are 5-1 in their last 6 games playing on 2 days rest. Canadiens are 1-4 in their last 5 vs. a team with a winning record. Hurricanes are 9-0 in the last 9 meetings in Montreal. Hurricanes are 9-3 in the last 12 meetings. Road team is 14-2 in the last 16 meetings. We'll play Carolina for 3 units tonight! Thanks and good luck, Rocky

Mr. IWS
atslocks.com

Marshall +7.5 vs Houston: Marshall +7.5 (10 unit play)

Cavaliers +7 at Celtics: Cavaliers +7 (5 unit play)

Mr. IWS
Bob Balfe

Buffalo +1.5 over Ohio
Ohio's offense has been sluggish lately and they have been turning the ball over a lot. Buffalo won this meeting last year in convincing fashion. Buffalo has a bowl bid in their sights and will need to win here tonight. The talent for Buffalo has gotten even better from last year to now and they should handle Ohio the same as they did last year. Take Buffalo.

NBA Basketball
Celtics -6

Mr. IWS
Kelso

5 units Houston Cougars

Mr. IWS
10-28-2008, 05:54 PM
Ron Raymond:

Here are today's NHL Picks for Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Ron's Straight Up Record: 74 wins 47 losses for (61%)
*Note: Ron went 11-4 (SU) on Saturday night and 13-0 (SU) on Saturday, October 28th for a combined Saturday record of 24-4!
Nashville vs. Washington
NHL hockey stats VS. Free NHL Picks
(5.5) (-130)

Ron's Comment: Both teams are hovering at the .500 mark and let's not forget, the Capitals were a bad hockey team the first half of the season and now that the new head coach novelty has worn off, the Capitals have yet to really impress this season. Furthermore, Ovechkin is back in Russia attending personal issues, so no great 8 in the line up tonight for the Caps.

Prediction: Nashville 3 Washington 2
Philadelphia vs. Atlanta
NHL hockey stats VS. Free NHL Picks
(-125) (5.5)

Ron's Comment: Wow, talk about your trap game! Here's the thing about supporting the Philadelphia Flyers this evening vs. the 2-6 Thrashers. In fact, both teams are 2-6 SU on the season, but the Flyers have played teams with a winning record in each of their first 8 games of the season, so their strength of schedule is much tougher then Atlanta's. Furthermore, the Flyers are coming off 2 big emotional wins over the Devils, therefore, this is a huge letdown spot here for the Flyers against the lowly Thrashers. To make matters worst, Nittymaki is a perfect 9-0 vs. Atlanta while Lehtonen is 0-6 SU! My only concern for Philadelphia is their letdown factor, because they will be playing in an empty building, but they'll be facing a team who is riding a 3 game losing streak and ready for a win.

Prediction: Philadelphia 4 Atlanta 3
Carolina vs. Montreal
hockey betting VS. NHL predictions
(5.5) (-185)

Ron's Comment: Montreal looked horrible Saturday night vs. the Ducks and this will be their 2nd game in 8 days, so there's a chance for another stinker performance from Carbo's guys. The Canes are 12-3-0 SU in their last 15 visits to the Bell Centre and Cam Ward is coming off an amazing performance vs. the Islanders. The Canes have won 9 straight games vs. the Habs at the Bell Centre, will it be 10 tonight? I think so?

Prediction: Carolina 3 Montreal 1
Tampa Bay vs. Toronto
NHL hockey stats VS. NHL hockey picks
(5.5) (-130)

Ron's Comment: The Leafs are coming off a nice home win over the Senators and this could be a letdown spot for Wilson's Leafs. However, Barry Melrose and the Lightning are in town and they have nobody on the point that can move the puck out of their zone or start the offensive rush out of their zone on a consistent basis. You can ask any hockey player, that first pass out of your zone is the key to starting some offensive chemistry. Tampa Bay are sound in nets with Smith, but without that QB on the point, the Lightning are in a hurt of problems. Plus, Toronto is 12-2-1 SU vs. the lightning at the ACC in their last 15 head to head meetings.

Prediction: Toronto 4 Tampa Bay 2
Colorado vs. Calgary
NHL betting stats VS. NHL odds
(5.5) (-140)

Ron's Comment: The Flames are coming off a nice road trip winning both their games in Nashville and Phoenix and are riding a 3 game winning streak. Colorado is coming off a shootout win over Buffalo and has a 5 game winning streak going. However, my database has pulled out a great trend favoring the home team tonight in this spot; when you have a home favorite playing during the month of October on 2 days rest, playing on a Tuesday and coming off a game that went under the total; the Home Team is 24-6-1 SU in this role since 1996. Remember, trends are your friend!

Prediction: Calgary 4 Colorado 2
Boston vs. Vancouver
NHL handicappers VS. best hockey picks
(5.5) (-150)

Ron's Comment: Tim Thomas stole a win for the Bruins in Edmonton last night and with a quick jet over to Vancouver and considering the body clock for this eastern team going again full speed 24hrs later, might be a bit too much for these bruins. The Bruins are facing Luongo tonight and he owns a 10-8-3 SU record vs. the B's with 4 shutouts. The Canucks are coming off an impressive 6-3 win over Edmonton on Saturday night, a game filled with fights and high intensity, so look for a low key outing this evening. The Canucks are 8-3-2 SU as a home team vs. a Non Conference Opponent on 2 days rest and coming off a Northwest division opponent.

Prediction: Vancouver 3 Boston 2
Pittsburgh vs. San Jose
NHL handicappers VS. best hockey picks
(5.5) (-170)

Ron's Comment: The Sharks are in a bad betting spot here vs. the Penguins, as they are coming off a week long road trip, they have the Stanley Cup Champions waiting on deck and might be at the game itself and they have to face the Eastern Conference champions from last season. The good part about the Sharks, they are content at 7-2 SU on the season, so there's really no pressure on them to win this game, but every hockey players shows up to win each night. Nabokov is 6-1 SU vs. the Penguins in his career and it looks like Dany Sabourin will get the nod tonight. The Penguins are 8-2-0 SU as a road underdog during the month of October the last 2 years. Bad spot for San Jose, play the Penguins.

Prediction: Pittsburgh 4 San Jose 3

Mr. IWS
10-28-2008, 05:54 PM
302 Ohio Money Line -1.17 (3 Unit Play)

302 Buffalo/Ohio Over 50 1/2 Even (3 Unit Play)-The line is at Ohio -1 1/2 -1.08 so why lay the points for only a difference of .09 cents. I watched that horrible game last week between Ohio and Temple but I thought overall Ohio played pretty well and just fell apart late in the game. Ohio has only played two games at home this year and they played very well statwise in both falling to Central Michigan 31-28 and beating Division 1-AA VMI 51-31. Sure you can question their motivation tonight but playing at home in front of a ESPN audience should have them up for this one. Buffalo meanwhile is still entertaining hopes of winning the MAC East and playing in the MAC Championship game but I have not been impressed with them lately as they struggled to beat Army at home in OT and then blew a late lead in falling to Western Michigan at home in OT. James Starks for the Bulls is listed as probably tonight but is fighting turf toe which has been sidelining Darren McFadden of the Raiders lately and the depth behind him is minimal. Buffalo has played three teams close on the road but have not been performing well on the defensive side of the ball lately and I think Ohio will win this one tonight. I also believe this game will be higher scoring than people think tonight so I am playing both sides.

304 Marshall +7 1/2 -1.13 (3 Unit Play)-These two teams both entertain hopes still that if they win tonight they will be able to reach the Conference USA Title Game. I think we are getting some value on Marshall at home here tonight due to them losing their last three games outright and granted they did not perform well in those games but I don't believe that Houston should be laying more than a TD on the road here. Houston's best offensive lineman SirVincent Rogers has been lost for the year with a foot injury and he was up for All-Conference Honors and his loss can't be underestimated. Houston has been a road favorite twice this year and lost both of those games against the spread and Marshall is a tough place to play, especially in a game during the week. Look for the Thundering Herd to cover here tonight.

Oscarxena Sports

Mr. IWS
10-28-2008, 05:55 PM
Patron

10000 unit lock

Houston Cougars -7.5

Mr. IWS
10-28-2008, 05:56 PM
Iceman
4* tampa bay
4* atlanta

Mr. IWS