PDA

View Full Version : 11-1-08

Mr. IWS
11-01-2008, 07:47 AM
RON RAYMOND'S 5* BIG 10 GAME OF THE MONTH!
Pick # 1 Northwestern (7.0)

Mr. IWS
Wunderdog Comp
Game: Iowa at Illinois (Saturday 11/01 3:30 PM Eastern)
Pick: Iowa +2.5 (-105)

The Illini have not been nearly as potent as they were last year and as the schedule toughens, the flaws have been shining through. They have managed just two wins in their last five games, and those were to the weaker teams in the Big-10 in Indiana and Michigan. The problem is they can't stop teams with a good running game, which is exactly what Iowa brings to the table. Illinois is allowing 152 rushing yards per game and Iowa is pounding the ball for 155 per game. This is simply a bad matchup for Illinois. The Illini have yet to hold any opponent to less than 17 points on the season, while Iowa has been spectacular on defense allowing 11.5 ppg on the season. The Hawkeyes, who have won two straight and covered four of five, have had two weeks to prepare for this one. Meanwhile, this will be the Illini's sixth straight game, and the lack of depth is taking its toll. I like teams that play defense and can run the ball on the road. Makes the Hawkeyes a live dog here.

Mr. IWS
Dave Malin sky free play:

4* #346 SOUTH CAROLINA over TENNESSEE

Old habits die hard, and so do perceptions that have been based on results for a long period of time. That is the case with the betting markets and their rating of Phil Fulmer and his Tennessee Volunteers right now. Last week there was a major line move backing them against Alabama in the middle of the week that opened the door for us to cash a 4* ticket, and now we find ourselves in a similar position, with Wednesday’s Tennessee money now taking this one to the right plateau for us to back the much fresher and much better team in a bargain range.

The bottom line with Tennessee is that this team is nowhere near the outstanding squads Fulmer has turned out in the past, and the key for our purposes is that the decline actually started LY, but was not noticed. That is what happens when a team makes it to the S.E.C. championship game. But it took some good fortune for that to happen – the Volts had two conference wins that came in overtime, and an additional escape vs. Vanderbilt by a single point in regulation. One of those overtime wins came against Steve Spurrier and Carolina, and it was a win that absolutely did not belong on the Tennessee ledger – the Gamecocks led by stunning counts of +15 in first downs and 184 yards in total offense, but they were -3 in turnovers, including two in the final 6:52 of regulation play.6

Now fast forward and what was an only average Tennessee team in 2007 is an even weaker squad this time around. In opening 1-4 in S.E.C. play the Vols have averaged only 12.2 first downs and 221.2 yards per game, which is why three of the defeats came by at least a dozen points. This is not a case of an offense that is misfiring, but rather one that does not have the weapons to make plays, and now that they are taking the field for the 8th time in as many weeks, there are levels of physical and emotional fatigue that make it most difficult to get any of that turned around.

Contrast their state of mind and body with that of South Carolina, which has had two full weeks to not only get physically fresh for this one, but to also let those films of LY’s defeat build an extremely high focus level. And that time off is a major tactical edge for Spurrier as well – it means a chance for some extended time with QB Stephen Garcia working with the first team offense, and that is going to create a one-two option at the position that the Old Ball Coach can use to frustrate opposing defenses, with Garcia’s mobility creating many more run options, and Chris Smelley changing the pace in the passing game.

This one is really won by the Carolina defense, however. The Gamecocks are #1 in the S.E.C. and #6 in the nation in total defense, a success rate that has led to Ellis Johnson getting a contract extension during the bye week (from Spurrier - ”I think we’ve got the best defensive coordinator in the country”). His athletic group can completely stifle the pedestrian Tennessee skill players, and dominate field position throughout.

Mr. IWS
North Coast Sports

Power Play Gow....ole' Miss -6
Early Bird Pow...byu -14
Comp Under Dog Pow...utep +2
Big Dog Pow....unlv +14'
#2 Economy Club Play....uab +8'
Pac 10 Pow....stanford -30

Mr. IWS
11-01-2008, 07:48 AM
David M@linsky
TITLE: Three for the Money - NCAA
REASON FOR PICK: 6* #332 WYOMING over SAN DIEGO STATE

We have only managed a split of the two 6* plays that we have had in action against Chuck Long and his depleted Aztecs in recent weeks, but Saturday’s non-cover with Colorado State was one that did not have to happen. As expected, the Rams wore down that awful defense to the tune of 38 points and 511 yards, but S.D.S. was able to hit a pair of home runs in the second half – a kickoff return for a TD and a 72-yard TD run – that enabled the Aztecs to stay inside the spread. The upside, of course, is that we are left with the value to go to the window once again, in a matchup that has so much more to the home team than the oddsmakers are projecting.

We can start with the basics – despite the notion of two struggling teams going head-to-head here, there is a major gap between them. They have played three common opponents, and the numbers speak loudly, with Wyoming winning those comparisons by 31 points and 617 yards. The problem for Joe Glenn and his Cowboys is that they have had to literally played their Mountain West schedule from the top down, already facing the elite of the conference, before now getting a chance to face San Diego State, U.N.L.V. and Colorado State, all teams that they are capable of beating. And it was not just a quality issue against the league elite, but also one of matchups as well. Because the passing game is so limited the Cowboys must run to be successful, and there are some rock-solid defensive fronts at the top of the Mountain West. The Aztecs are at the other end of the spectrum, rating dead last in the nation against the run.

That ground game has a chance to completely dominate this matchup against a depth-shy defensive front that we can count on to wear down at the Laramie altitude (7,165 feet), and they bring much more to the table than the markets will perceive. In having a week off prior to facing T.C.U. on Saturday they installed an “Outlaw” offensive package, which features a short shotgun snap and a lot of motion. And while not many will pay attention to a one-sided loss, a lot of good things happened in those schemes. RB Devin Moore ran for 114 yards against a defense that had not allowed any team to gain more than 71 in a game this season, and there were a couple of bounces that kept the full production of the attack from showing – a fumbled snap and a botched play that was to have been a RB pass lost a combined 45 yards. The Cowboys are also showing a lot of feistiness up front on the other side of the ball. In their last two games they have held Utah and T.C.U. to 233 rushing yards at an impressive 2.8 per attempt, and note that there were no flukes built in to those numbers. On Saturday T.C.U. had 39 running plays, with none gaining more than 13 yards.

If Wyoming can play this well in the trenches, why have things gone so sour? The passing game has simply been that bad, and it has helped to contribute to a -21 in turnover differential, by far the worst in the nation, when opposing defenses have forced them to the air. That does not happen this week, as their running attack controls this flow from the start, and eventually breaks the game wide open against a feeble opponent that has been beaten by a combined 111-14 in their only two conference road trips, and will bring no confidence to the table.

(ADDED NOTE: Although Wyoming QB Karsteen Sween is going to be held out of practice until later in the week his status is not crucial to our play - Chris Stutzriem has had plenty of time working with the first-team offense in practice in recent weeks, and is currently running #1 on the depth chart, while #2 Dax Crum has played more minutes than Sween.)

Mr. IWS
David M@linsky
REASON FOR PICK: 4* #334 WESTERN MICHIGAN over EASTERN MICHIGAN

Back in the early part of this season we focused on the 12-Game schedule on a ”Verities & Balderdash” column, noting how it would bring elements that would both help and hurt our endeavors. Here is the kind of setting in which it helps in a major way, as the oddsmakers do not factor properly the situation that Eastern Michigan is in. And with Western bringing a focus to not just win here, but to win big, the rout is on the way.

This will be the 10th game in as many weeks for Jeff Genyk’s Eagles. That would be a tough toll for any team, but for a floundering side that has already clinched their 13th straight losing season, and has already lost five games by 22 points or more this season, it is a major uphill battle. As bodies grow even more weary it becomes a psychological challenge to keep playing hard, and when the losses keep adding up they are the kind of team that will not meet that challenge. And when it comes to uphill battles, imagine the effect on the psyche of a team that has not scored in the first quarter of a lined game all season, getting out-scored a combined 65-0.

Western Michigan will not only want to extend that run with an early jump, but we do not see the Broncos ever backing off here. While Eastern comes in tired, they instead get two full weeks to prepare for a game that has been circled on their calendar for 12 months, after they turned the ball over six times in a humbling road loss to the Eagles LY when an explosive offense could not score a single point. Now Tim Hiller and a tremendous corps of receivers have a chance to vent a lot of those frustrations.

Hiller is having a dynamic junior season, completing 68.8 percent of his passes for 2,517 yards, and a terrific ratio of 25 touchdown passes vs. only five interceptions. He can tax a tired defense with a supporting cast that includes Jamarko Simmons (66 catches for 702 yards and six touchdowns), Juan Nunez (44-492-4), Schneider Julien (39-491-3) and Brandon Ledbetter (38-385-5). Simmons and Ledbetter have NFL futures ahead of them, with their talent helping to open lanes for the others, and even RB Brandon West has caught 27 passes for 215 yards and three touchdowns, in addition to his 686 and six scores overland. And the chemistry of this unit will only get better, with Simmons, Nunez and Julien all going over 100 receiving yards in the last outing against Central Michigan, the first time in the history of the program that has happened. They bring far too many weapons for a gassed defense to stop, and the freshness and revenge motives break this wide open.

Mr. IWS
David M@linsky
REASON FOR PICK: 4* #393 ARKANSAS STATE over ALABAMA

There are not many coaches that we have had a better run with through the years playing both On and Against that Nick Saban, and this one brings us another prime opportunity. Our best success with Saban has come in competitively priced games (like the tickets cashed vs. Clemson and Tennessee already this season), when his outstanding preparation skills can out-maneuver the opposing coaches. And the best anti-situations have been when he is just looking to take care of business and move on. That is what we have this week.

Saban is 1-5 ATS since coming to Alabama as a double-figure favorite. It is a pattern that makes a lot of sense for a guy that worked at the NFL level, where the focus is strictly on getting wins, and not margins, and the SEC right now is about as close to the NFL as any college conference we have ever charted. There are no easy opportunities, and having played five straight conference games, and with a revenge showdown at L.S.U. immediately on deck, there is nothing calling for him to be concerned with anything more than just getting a win on the scoreboard, and keeping his players as fresh as possible for the challenges yet ahead.

Our key here is that the play is not all anti-Alabama. Arkansas State gets two weeks to prepare for what will be recognized as a special opportunity for the program, and there will not be all that much intimidation – under Steve Roberts the Red Wolves have played on the SEC road at Tennessee, Auburn, L.S.U. and Mississippi, in addition to non-conference trips to Texas, Texas A&M, Oklahoma State and Missouri. And Roberts has some individual talents that can compete at this level. In QB Corey Leonard he has a savvy veteran that despite only being a junior will be making his 27th start, and has only thrown three interceptions this season. The RB tandem of Reggie Arnold, on his way to his third straight 1,000-yard season, and Derek Lawson have each gone for over 500 yards already, and on defense they have a force in Alex Carrington, who is tied for 1st in the nation in tackles for losses, and 3rd in sacks. They can make enough plays to hang around this one for a long time, and stay comfortably under this generous spread.

Mr. IWS
11-01-2008, 07:49 AM
Spylock

NCAA

12:00 PM Connecticut Connecticut +4 5
3:35 PM Boston College -4 Boston College -4 1

11/01/08 TCU -14.5 TCU -14.5 1

11/01/08 Utah -7.5 Utah -7.5 1

Uconn 5 star
BC 1 star
TCU 1 star
Utah 1 star

Mr. IWS
Colin Cowherd
8-2 last 2 weeks 27-15-2 Overall

Florida -6.5
Florida 34-20 "easy one"

West Virginia -4
WVU 30-20

Oregon +3
Oregon 34-27

Texas -3.5
Texas 37-30

Mr. IWS
Northcoast Big Dogs
Spread and Moneyline
Bought and paid for

Army +8' +280
Duke + 8 +280
Nebraska +22 +850
Kansas State +11 +340
New Mexico State +20' +800
UNLV +14 +425
UAB +9 +310
UL Monroe +10 +330

Mr. IWS
Tommy Rider | CFB Total
triple-dime bet348 Georgia / 347 Florida Over 56.0 SportBet
Analysis:
UPGRADED: ***3 UNIT CFB TOTAL OF THE YEAR***

I decided to upgrade this and make it may CFB Total of the Year for a couple of reasons. First, I have been killing it in the SEC lately. I really seem to have a handle on that conference and my projections have been spot on over the last month. I have this game coming in at 75 points, almost two touchdowns over the total. In my opinion, this line is set way too low. So the question becomes, why?

Here is the deal: The books could care less if we bet this total. That's because they have been getting hammered on Big 12 totals all year long and are trying to set numbers high enough to get people off of those games. If this line was 62, it may not look as appealing. Trust me, as long as people aren't betting overs in the Big 12, the books will be happy.

The other reason I love this total is because I'm not sold on either defense. I think Florida is much improved from last year but when they played Ole Miss and LSU, both teams had success moving the football. And those who follow my picks all know how I feel about the Bulldogs defense. I had UGA as my Underdog Game of the Month last week only because I knew they would be able to point up points on LSU's overrated defense. However, if it weren't for a couple of mistakes, LSU would have scored in the high 40's in that game. Expect Florida to get there this week.

There is just too much offensive firepower on the field in this game and neither defense is a shut-down type of unit. Plus, look at the value we get here. With all the offensive playmakers, we get a total at 56, compared to Kansas/Kansas State where the total is set at 74. Put this all together and it was enough for me to make this play my CFB Total of the Year. I see a score in the neighborhood of 41-34.

Sat, 11/01/08 - 8:00 PMTommy Rider | CFB Side
double-dime bet380 LSU -24.0 (-120) SportBet vs 379 Tulane
Analysis:
**2 UNIT PLAY**

This game is taylor-made for LSU. Some might think this is a bad spot for the Tigers because it's between Georgia and Alabama but I disagree. LSU got blasted last week. Those sandwich situations don't apply when you get embarrassed the week before. Now comes a reeling, hobbling Tulane squad that is without its top rusher, its top receiver and is unsettled at the quarterback position. That's not a great recipe for success when traveling to Death Valley for a night game. I have stated that LSU's defense is overrated and that's because they are front runners. The defense will dominate in this game against an inferior opponent. To be honest, Tulane may not even score a touchdown in this game. The other reason I like laying the big number here is because of freshman QB Jarrett Lee. Lee made a couple of big mistakes against Georgia but he also made a lot of positive plays. With Alabama on deck, Les Miles knows he needs Lee to play well in that game for LSU to pull the upset. You can't just line up and run the football against the Tide, so expect LSU to be throwing even when they have a big lead here. This is what I like to call a "confidence builder" game. LSU needs to build its confidence back up after getting drilled last week and they have the perfect opponent to do just that. I Bought the half point to prevent against a backdoor but doubt it will matter. LSU wins this game by at least 5 touchdowns.

Mr. IWS
11-01-2008, 07:50 AM
TONY GEORGE
FLORIDA

Cannot back Georgia here with Florida playing so well. This is the worlds largest cocktail party in Jacksonville, but Florida has the ability to shut down the run, which forces the Bulldogs out of their game plan. QB Tebow is now on fire and with some big time revenge on the side of Florida who lost by 12 last year, I smell plenty of weak ness's I have noticed with Georgia coming to the forefront here. Florida offense is on fire, scoring 152 points in their last 3 games against SEC foes. Bulldog secondary average at best and suspect here, and with QB Tebow leading the SEC in pass efficiency, they are worth the spread here as I think Florida far more capable of making big plays...this is for the East title no doubt in the SEC, Florida is better

TONY GEORGE

Texas AM -3.5
Colorado in bad shape and off a 58-0 pasting at Mizzou, where head coach Hawkins benched his own kid at QB to start a freshman. Not good news for Colorado traveling back to back to play a Texas AM team improving weekly who won at Ames Iowa last week, a tough place to play, and scoring over 40 points in the process. A Tale of 2 teams going in totally different directions, and the offense of Colorado is woeful. Playing ion College Station worth 4 points alone here not to mention Texas AM is a better team.

TONY GEORGE

Arkansas +7
OK..whats the big deal about Tulsa. yeah they ran the score up against a bunch of nobodies. Big Deal. They looked OK at best on TV Sunday night against a bad Cent. Florida team with a frosh QB. A HUGE step up in class against an improving Arkansas team whose has a solid running game that will move the chains and eat the clock. I know some of the Tulsa coaches used to be at Arkansas and that angle, but this team against a SEC team laying a TD on the road? Arkansas at home here catching Tulsa on a short week off an emotional game.

Mr. IWS
11-01-2008, 07:51 AM
DOC
BIG TEN GAME OF YEAR

8 Unit Play. #24 Take Michigan State Spartans over Wisconsin Badgers (Saturday 12:00 pm ESPN) Big 10 Game of the Year. A have a bunch of reasons why this choice was made so lets get rolling. First lets talk about Wisconsin, a team that was predicted to finish high in the Big 10 standing. They have just one conference victory and most handicappers fail to see that their defense is totally overrated. Every team in the conference has run on them and their secondary can be burned deep. Granted Juice Williams did not perform well, but his receivers were wide open, he just missed the throws. In their last six road games, Bucky has given up 206 points (34 points per game). Wisconsin does have two great running backs in Hill and Clay; however, the quarterback has been the real problem for them. QB Sherer has taken over and did not perform well at Iowa and expect MSU to force him to beat them through the air. This is something Wisconsin is not capable of doing especially without TE Travis Beckum.

DOC

4 Unit Play. #79 Take Arkansas State Red Wolves over Alabama Crimson Tide (Saturday 3:00 pm ESPN Gameplan) No question this selection is based primarily on going against Alabama then it is going with the Wolves. Bama has just come off of four emotional conference games (Georgia, Kentucky, Ole Miss, & Tennessee). Now they face Arkansas State and this non-conference opponent will be hard to get up for. Expect them to just go through the motions, win the game and move on. They have a road trip to LSU next week and that game will get most of their focus even this week. The Red Wolves are coming off of a bye and have nothing to lose. They have played competitive all season long and will keep this one close as well. Alabama 28, Arkansas

Mr. IWS
ASA

College Football Picks
11/1/2008
11:30:00 AM Kansas State Wildcats (+9)
over KANSAS JAYHAWKS
ASA 3-Star Kansas State (+9) over Kansas - 11:30 am CST

Both of these teams are no strangers to the end zone on offense, as both average over 30 points per game. In fact, both Kansas and Kansas State have been held under 28 points only once this season. We are giving the edge to Kansas State in this match-up because of the fact that Kansas’ defense is absolutely terrible. The last two weeks they have given up 1,230 total yards on offense along with 108 points against! Kansas will not be able to hold a lead against Kansas State because of their bad defense and the 9 point edge will be easy for the Wildcats to cover on Saturday. Kansas State may have the best player in the nation that no one knows about in quarterback Josh Freeman. Freeman has thrown for 2224 yards and 15 touchdowns while also rushing for 286 yards and 13 touchdowns! Freeman should have a field day against Kansas’ 114th ranked pass defense, as other big-name quarterbacks Graham Harrell, Sam Bradford, and Matt Grothe combined to throw for 1192 yards, 10 touchdowns, and no interceptions against the Jayhawks. Kansas even allowed Colorado (who has a terrible offense) to put up 14 points and almost pull off the upset. The last two years the Jayhawks are 2-0 ATS vs. Kansas State, but K-State has a strong hold on the all-time series and is 10-3 ATS in their last 13 meetings with Kansas. With the Jayhawks being so poor on defense, expect Kansas State to match/exceed anything Kansas is able to do on offense. Kansas won’t be able to cover the 9 point spread vs. Freeman and the rest of the Wildcats. Go with K-State.
11/1/2008

1:00:00 PM TEXAS A&M AGGIES (-3.5)
over Colorado Buffaloes
ASA 5-Star Texas A&M (-3.5) vs. Colorado – 1:00 pm CST

A&M is definitely an improving team that simply took awhile to get adjusted to the schemes of their new head coach Mike Sherman. This team was atrocious early in the season but their offense has really gotten on track. The Aggies put up 49 points and over 500 yards of offense last Saturday in their win @ Iowa State. In their last four games vs. Oklahoma State, Kansas State, Texas Tech and Iowa State, this developing offense has put up an average of 33 PPG and 440 total yards per game. We’re not talking about playing patsies either as two of those four teams are really good and Kansas State isn’t bad. That’s simply bad news for Colorado whose offense is simply putrid right now.

The Buffs are among the worst offenses in the country right now. They were shut out 58-0 last week against a Missouri team that had allowed 84 points in their previous two games. Now the Tigers are a great offense so the 58 points aren’t a huge surprise, however their defense is shaky and for them to shut out Colorado and allow just 199 yards of total offense is a huge red flag. This team has scored only 80 points total in their last 6 games which comes to just 13.3 PPG. The only game they actually cracked 20 points was @ Florida State when they scored a meaningless TD with 3:00 minutes left in the game in their 39-21 loss. The Buffaloes are 105th nationally in PPG and just 102nd in yardage gained per game. Head coach Dan Hawkins is now rotating his two QB’s, Dan Hawkins and Tyler Hansen, and neither is performing well combining for 264 yards passing in their last TWO games.

This will be the second of back to back road games for Colorado and their third road trip in the last four weeks. They are 0-3 both SU and ATS on the road this year and have been beaten by an average score of 42-9. This team has struggled on the road going just 3-13 ATS their last 16 away and they are not going to turn it around this Saturday with an offense that can’t score. CU is also just 4-12 ATS in the second of back to back road games dating back to 1991. We’ll gladly side with an improving Aggie team at home here.

11/1/2008
1:00:00 PM Kent Golden Flashes (+6.5)
over BOWLING GREEN FALCONS

ASA's 6-Star Kent +6.5 over Bowling Green, Saturday, November 1st

The Golden Flashes will dominate the ground game here which is always a fantastic situation, especially when you are an underdog. Kent is the #1 running team in the MAC at 217 YPG. Bowling Green is 97th against the rush on defense and they have been shredded on the ground the last three weeks. Last week Northern Illinois whipped BG up front for 233 yards. After the game, UNI QB Chandler Harnish talked about the ease of which they moved the ball on the ground, “We had four or five yards before I had to make a cut,” he stated. “We were just blowing them off the ball.” That’s been the theme for the BG defense who allowed 218 yards on the ground the week before vs. Miami (Oh) and 206 the week before that against Akron. On offense, BG averages just 100 YPG on the ground and they have failed to reach triple digits rushing in three of their last four games. Now they face the best rushing team in the league and it will simply be more of the same. You might think that Bowling Green has the edge because they are at home. However, you might want to consider that the Falcons have not won a home game yet THIS YEAR. They are 0-3 both SU and ATS including a 24-21 loss to 2-7 Eastern Michigan team. Before losing to Northern Illinois last Saturday, this team played host to Miami (Oh). They were out gained by 138 yards on the ground in that game and lost 27-20. That is a significant stat because Kent played that same Miami (Oh) team last week on the road, out gained them by 158 on the ground and plastered the RedHawks 54-21. Those games were only one week apart so a comparison is definitely relevant. We REALLY like the way this vastly under rated Kent team is playing right now. Despite losing at home to Akron and a very good Ohio team leading up to last week’s blow out, we were able to see a lot of improvement each week. The Golden Flashes have now out gained their last three opponents and five of their last seven. Conversely, Bowling Green has been out gained in six of the eight games this year. These are two teams head in opposite directions right now. We side with the improving team who turned the corner last week. The road team has actually won 5 of the last 7 games out right and with Kent’s huge edge on the ground, we see no reason that won’t happen again this week. Kent wins this one SU.

11/1/2008
2:00:00 PM Arkansas State Indians (+24)
over ALABAMA CRIMSON TIDE
ASA 3-Star Arkansas State (+24) over Alabama - 2:00 pm CST

Write up to follow.

Mr. IWS
Ethan Law

This Saturday the undefeated Tulsa Golden Hurricanes (8-0 SU & 6-1 ATS) will try to keep their perfect season going when they travel to Fayetteville to take on the Arkansas Razorbacks (3-5 SU & 3-4 ATS). If you look at the raw numbers, Arkansas does not have a chance to keep this one close. Tulsa leads the country in scoring, averaging 55.6 points a game. They are also the 1st ranked team in yardage per game, averaging an obscene 601.1 yards per contest! They are an equal opportunity offense also, with 2768 yards passing and 2041 yards rushing. When they run the ball they average 5.9 yards per carry with 4 different ball carriers totaling over 200 yards this year, each of them averaging more than 5.5 yards per carry! They are led on offense by senior quarterback David Johnson who has thrown 32 touchdown passes with only 9 interceptions. I could go on and on but I think you get the point. Tulsa has a very good offense. I am not going to try to convince you otherwise, but let's at least look at the competition they have amassed these eye-popping numbers against. Conf-USA has plenty of good offensive teams, but defense is not a staple of that conference. While looking at the conference teams that Tulsa has played thus far, I found it very interesting that they have not even faced a team ranked in the top 6 in Conf-USA yet! That's right, Tulsa has faced only the worst defenses in their defense deficient conference. Then you add a non-conf game against North Texas (dead last 120th ranked defense), and it becomes easier to see why Tulsa has those unbelievable offensive numbers. Indeed, Tulsa has posted those gaudy point totals against the 120th, 117th, 114th, 113th, 107th, and 93rd ranked defenses in the country! Not exactly your who's who in stop units. Enter Arkansas.

The Razorbacks come from the most powerful conference in the country. It is the deepest, and also the most talented conference in the country, both offensively and defensively. Arkansas has played to this point probably the most brutal schedule in the country, including SEC foes #2 ranked Alabama, #5 ranked Florida, and Auburn, which has a great defense. If that were not bad enough, they also had a non-conf game against #1 Texas! Tulsa will in fact be the 5th ranked team the Razorbacks have faced this year. They have faced Tim Tebow and Colt McCoy, so facing this Tulsa offense led by David Johnson (who?) will not phase them. Those games against Florida and Texas were not remotely close, but they were blowouts because those teams also play defense, Tulsa does not. Tulsa is allowing 26.1 points a game, and that was against some of the worst teams in the country! The Razorbacks boast the SEC's leading rusher, junior tailback Michael Smith who has 920 rushing yards, averaging 5.6 yards per carry. Let those numbers sink in a bit 5.6 yards per carry against some top notch defensive teams. Texas and Alabama are tied for 5th in the country, both allowing just 2.6 yards per carry. Florida allows 3.4, Auburn allows 3.8, Kentucky 3.8, and Mississippi allows 3.1! Those are the defenses that Michael Smith has averaged 5.6 yards per carry against, quite impressive if you ask me. What better way to combat an unstoppable offense then to run and run and run, killing the clock, shortening the game, and limiting Tulsa's possessions. Well, they may not actually limit Tulsa's possessions because I think Arkansas will run up and down the field on Tulsa, and score often. Arkansas' much maligned defense has improved steadily this season, which is to be expected from such a young unit. They need only slow Tulsa down to make this a close game, a game Arkansas has a better that a "fighter's chance" to win.

It is also worth noting that this will be Tulsa's first game on the road this year in front of a huge hostile crowd. Tulsa's 3 road games to date at UAB, No Texas, and SMU will hardly prepare them for the raucous atmosphere at an SEC venue. History suggests that Tulsa may be in over their heads here also, since the Razorbacks have beaten Tulsa 16 consecutive times. As a matter of fact, the last time these 2 teams met Arkansas was a 36.5 point favorite! The Razorbacks last 3 results show their improvement, with 2 very tough losses and a win over Auburn. For them to have any hope to have a chance at a bowl game they need a win here, and they would like nothing more than to end Tulsa's perfect season. The pressure on Tulsa mounts with each passing week, to remain unbeaten, as that is their only chance to hit the jackpot and a BCS bowl invite. Coming to a tough SEC venue that will have a homecoming crowd in full voice, may not be the best setting for their winning streak to continue. The SEC is 57-12 SU when hosting a Conf-USA team, and we need only keep it close to cover. Take the points but I will call for the outright upset.

Verdict: Tulsa 19, Arkansas 28
PLAY 1* UNIT 2% ON ARKANSAS +7

Mr. IWS
Robert Ferrrringo College

4-Unit Play. Take 'Under' 57.5 Troy at Louisiana-Monroe (7 p.m., Saturday, Nov. 1)

2-Unit Play. Take #398 Louisiana-Monroe (+10) over Troy (7 p.m., Saturday, Nov 1)

5-Unit Play. Take #355 Temple (+7) over Navy (3:30 p.m.Saturday, Nov. 1)

2.5-Unit Play. Take #374 New Mexico State (+21) over Boise State (7 p.m., Saturday, Nov. 1)

2.5-Unit Play. Take #330 Mississippi (-6.5) over Auburn (12:30 p.m., Saturday, Nov. 1)

2.5-Unit Play. Take #357 Kansas State (+10) over Kansas (12:30 p.m., Saturday, Nov. 1)

2-Unit Play. Take #346 South Carolina (-5.5) over Tennessee (7 p.m., Saturday, Nov. 1)

2-Unit Play. Take #322 Minnesota (-7) over Northwestern (Noon, Saturday, Nov. 1)

2-Unit Play. TEASER: Take #322 Minnesota (-0.5) over Northwestern AND Take #387 Utah (-1) over New Mexico
Note: This is a 6.5-point teaser.

2-Unit Play. Take #365 Clemson (+4) over Boston College (3:30 p.m., Saturday, Nov. 1)

2-Unit Play. Take #347 Florida (-6) over Georgia (3:30 p.m., Saturday, Nov. 1)

2-Unit Play. Take #377 Florida State (+2.5) over Georgia Tech (3:30 p.m., Saturday, Nov. 1)

1-Unit Play. Take #377 Florida State (+120) over Georgia Tech (3:30 p.m., Saturday, Nov. 1)

2-Unit Play. Take #385 Rice (-2.5) over UTEP (9 p.m., Saturday, Nov. 1)

1.5-Unit Play. Take #315 Miami (+2) over Virginia (Noon, Saturday, Nov. 1)

1-Unit Play. Take #315 Miami (+115) over Virginia (Noon, Saturday, Nov. 1)

I also have leans on Air Force, Tulane, UL-L, Utah, SJSU, Wisconsin, Arkansas and Bowling Green.

Mr. IWS
11-01-2008, 07:52 AM
Jeff Bonds | CFB Side
triple-dime bet329 Auburn 6.5 (-110) Bodog vs 330 Mississippi
Analysis:
Finally handicappers get to play the Auburn Tigers at an UNDERVALUED price, as they've suffered through a 1-8 ATS mark.

First off - Tommy Tuberville is on a major "hot seat" and he's got an opponent that he's very familiar with. Tuberville was at Ole Miss before heading to Auburn.

Auburn was in a terrible spot last week - playing on the road on Thursday night - against one of the best home teams in America that was very accustomed to playing the midweek tilt.

The Tigers brought in a new offensive coordinator and it made significant improvement in the first half against the Mountaineers before sputtering in the second half. With more than a regular week to prepare - things will be much tighter against the Rebels.

Ole Miss is ripe for an upset - after playing against head coach Houston Nutt's former team. Tuberville knows this, as the Tigers held Nutt's Razorbacks to just 67 yards rushing last year......that was with two first round draft picks in the same backfield.

One of the best underdogs in CFB rises up and grabs the cash

Sat, 11/01/08 - 2:30 PMJeff Bonds | CFB Side
double-dime bet342 Louisiana Tech 5.5 (-110) SportBet vs 341 Fresno St.
Analysis:
Play Louisiana Tech +5.5 at Bookmaker.com

Fresno State is on its last leg due to the amount of travel its been through this season and it will certainly show up down in the deep south on Saturday. At the end of the 2008 regular season - this team will have traveled more miles than any team in the country outside of Hawaii.

The Bulldogs barely survived at Utah State last week - thanks to a 58-yard field goal, but things get much tougher against a LA Tech team that hasn't allowed a 100-yard rusher all season.

Louisiana Tech is a dominant 3-0 ATS at home this season and it continues this Saturday!

Sat, 11/01/08 - 8:00 PMJeff Bonds | CFB Side
double-dime bet380 LSU -26.5 (-110) SportBet vs 379 Tulane
Analysis:
I'll be quick to point out that Nick Saban's fingerprint has almost faded away in terms of players that are currently on the LSU roster, as he may have recruited a few - but I'll assure you that current head coach Les Miles will have the Tigers ready to roar against Tulane before next week's monumental matchup.

The Tigers were absolutely embarassed at home last week against the Georgia Bulldogs. This is VERY BAD NEWS for a very outmanned Tulane team that head coach Bob Toledo coins as "beat up". A Green Wave team that was absolutely mauled by Army.....Now they walk into a graveyard, as Tigers Stadium is a much different place at night then under the sun.

Miles has never lost two consecutive games at LSU during his reign and his team is 8-1 ATS in those contests. He was also very prolific in bouncing back in Stillwater before heading south to LSU.

Lay the points in an absolute blowout!

Mr. IWS
Stephen Nover | CFB Side
double-dime bet310 Indiana -2.0 (-110) Sportsbetting.com vs 309 Cent. Michigan
Analysis:
Indiana -2

Analysis: Indiana got its confidence and momentum back last week when it upset Northwestern.
The Hoosisers should be fine here with Kellen Lewis expected back at quarterback after being out a couple of games with an ankle injury.

Indiana needs a victory here to keep alive its bowl hopes. The Hooisers should get it against Central Michigan, a MAC school that has lost its last 11 regular-season non-conference road games.

The Chippewas lack speed on defense to contend with the Hooisers and are out-sized on the offensive and defensive lines. Indiana is 9-3-2 against the spread versus MAC schools.

The level of competition, coupled with Indiana's size and speed advantage, along with a low spread puts me on Indiana for a one-unit investment.

Sat, 11/01/08 - 3:30 PMStephen Nover | CFB Side
double-dime bet378 Georgia Tech -2.5 (-110) Bodog vs 377 Florida St.
Analysis:
Georgia Tech -2.5

Analysis: Put me in the corner of those who believe Florida State is overrated. The Seminoles have played two ranked teams. They lost 12-3 to Wake Forest and beat Virginia last week, 30-20, at home after the Hokies lost their first two quarterbacks.

Georgia Tech's Paul Johnson is one of my favorite coaches. The Yellow Jackets are ninth in the nation in rushing and lead the ACC in this category. Their offensive line will control the line of scrimmage.

Look for Johnson to have some new wrinkles to further confuse the overaggressive Seminoles.

Mr. IWS
RJ_Bell | CFB Side
triple-dime bet378 Georgia Tech -2.5 (-110) BetUS vs 377 Florida St.
Analysis: ONE AND ONLY COLLEGE GAME OF YEAR:

#378 GEORGIA TECH -2.5 over Florida St

Mr. IWS
JB Sports | CFB Side
double-dime bet386 UTEP 3.0 (-110) Bodog vs 385 Rice

Sat, 11/01/08 - 7:00 PM JB Sports | CFB Side
triple-dime bet346 South Carolina -5.5 (-110) SportBet vs 345 Tennessee

Sat, 11/01/08 - 3:30 PM JB Sports | CFB Side
double-dime bet347 Florida -6.5 (-110) SportBet vs 348 Georgia

Mr. IWS
11-01-2008, 07:53 AM
King Creole | CFB Side
double-dime bet347 Florida -6.5 (-110) BetUS vs 348 Georgia
Analysis: #347 / Florida vs Georgia / 3:30pm ET
2** BEST BET on: FLORIDA GATORS -6.5 or less points

#375 / Kentucky @ Mississippi State / 2:30pm ET
1* Play on: KENTUCKY WILDCATS
*Buy to +3 if possible

#380 / Tulane @ LSU / 8:00pm ET /
1* Play on: LSU TIGERS minus 26.5 or less points

Let-down of epic proportions for Georgia, who did something last week that not too many SEC teams have done: BEAT UP on Lsu IN Baton Rouge.
5-12 ATS since 1991 for All SEC teams who beat LSU @ Home last week (play against Georgia). If these SEC team won ATS by more than 10 points last week, they are 2-11-1 ATS.

Florida's offense is peaking at the right time, putting up 63 points last week versus Kentucky... and 51 against the Tigers of Lsu the week before that.
13-2 ATS cine 2001 for AL conference favs of -14 < points off as SU conference win of 50 or more points (FLORIDA). These teams have gone a PERFECT 4-0 ATS in the last 4 seasons.

12-2 ATS in the last 4 years for ALL conference favs of < 28 points off BACK-to-BACK conference games in which they scored 50 or more points in each game. When these teams are taking on an opponent (like Georgia) off a SUATS win, the results improve to a PERFECT 4-0 ATS.

It's time to get off the Bulldog bandwagon despite 3 SEC wins in a row.... whenever these teams are installed as (surprising) dogs
3-0 ATS since 1999 for all conference dogs of 6 > points playing off 3 SU conference wins in a row (georgia)... with the last win on the ROAD by 14 or more points. This great System is already a PERFECT 3-) ATS in the 2008 season.

Speaking of Kentucky, last week's ugly loss at the hands of the Gators has the Wildcats in a good 'Play ON' position this week.
9-1 ATS since 1999 for all conference dogs of 7 < points off a SU Loss of 50 or more points (KENTUCKY). These teams are a PERFECT 5-0 ATS since the 2001 season.

Mississippi State's 3 wins this year were against one decent team... and 2 shitty non-conference opponents (Mid Tenn St / SE Louisiana). Last week, they got a win... but not the cash.
4-15 ATS for all SEC conference home favs of -5 < points off a SU win non conference win (Miss St)... and 1-6 ATS off a SU win BUT and ATS loss.

ALL three of our games ties-in very nicely together. With LSU getting crushed last week, they're looking for a whipping boy on Saturday. Enter the reeling Green Wave of Tulane, who got creamed as home favs last week to Rice (42-17). The Tigers are ALWAYS a great play when they lost at home in their last game.
LSU is 12-3-1 ATS when playing off a conference home loss... and a PERFECT 4-0 ATS at home.
In the last 5 years, SEC teams playing off a home loss of 14 > points in which they were a favorite or 'pick' (LSU) are a PERFECT 5-0 ATS against non-conference competition.

1-6 ATS since 2001 for ALL non-conference teams playing off a SU conference home loss of 21 > points in which they were a favorite of -3 > points. These teams (Tulane) are a PERFECT 0-4 ATS vs any opponent off a SU loss.

Mr. IWS
11-01-2008, 07:53 AM
steve budin

25 dime

Texas A&M

Mr. IWS
11-01-2008, 07:54 AM
Jim Feist

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rivalry Lock- Georgia

Mr. IWS
11-01-2008, 07:54 AM
Dave Cokin Cfb GOM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Iowa

Mr. IWS
11-01-2008, 07:55 AM
Brian Leonard

COllege Football Game of the Year

New Mexico

Mr. IWS
Marc Lawrence College Football Super Pick Super Play! -
Saturday 11/1

Play On: Army

Note: A battle of the military kicks at West Point when Army hosts Air Force with double revenge on their minds. A quick scan of the stat-logs shows Army with three straight stat wins and four consecutive pointspread covers, both indicators of a team playing well. With Army owning the better defense and 4-1 ATS in Last Home Games when off a win of 7 or more, look for the Black Knights to pull the off the upset in this game

Mr. IWS
Bob Akmens

CFB 11-1

5* Central Michigan +2
5* Kansas -8.5
5* San Jose State -16.5
5* Boise St -21.5
5* Rice-3
8* Oregon State -15.5

Mr. IWS
Docc's Enterprises

8* MICHIGAN STATE (BIG 10 GAME OF THE YEAR)
4* Clemson
4* Texas
4* South Carolina
4* Temple
4* Missouri
4* Arkansas State

Mr. IWS
Special K

COLLEGE FOOTBALL 20* SUPER K-BOMB

346 20* SUPER K-BOMB - SOUTH CAROLINA GAMECOCKS

Mr. IWS
Glen Mcgrew

Big 12 Goy Texas A& M

ACC GOY Duke,

TV GOM South Carolina.

Mr. IWS
11-01-2008, 07:56 AM
Gameday:

4-byu,
3-ill,
3-S Car,
2-mia-fl,
2-Ore,
2-Wis

Mr. IWS
11-01-2008, 07:56 AM
Kelso's pick for Saturday is Oklahoma. Here is the write up.

Personal Best Club

College Game Of The Month

100 Units

OKLAHOMA (-21) over Nebraska

Prediction: Oklahoma by 35

Starting Time: 8:00

TV: ESPN

Weather in Norman: Clear, with game-time temperature of 72 degrees, relative humidity of 43% and with wind out of the SSE at 5 MPH.

Comments: The biggest single issue in releasing Oklahoma as a 100-unit play is the fact the Sooners (7-1) still have a chance to play for the national championship and they can showcase themselves tonight on national television. The Sooners will show every one just how good they are and you can take it to the bank Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops will show absolutely no mercy to his good friend, Nebraska coach Bo Pelini. That is just the beginning of the handicapping process in this one. My figures say there is no way Nebraska (5-3) is going to be able to keep up with the no huddle offense of Oklahoma. The Sooners run it with perfection and have used it to rip apart better teams than Nebraska this season. In breaking down the game element by element it is difficult to find any factor other than special teams where the Cornhuskers have any edge. Oklahoma is an incentive-drive team tonight and will turn all the big guns lose in a game that should be a monster blowout.

Mr. IWS
11-01-2008, 07:57 AM
Indian Cowboy

Mississippi - 6.5 (POD)
Fla - 6.5
Ark St. + 23.5

Mr. IWS
11-01-2008, 07:59 AM
Kelso Club Plays
15 units LSU -26.5
5 units Tx Tech +3.5
4 units Georgia +6.5
3 units Oregon +2.5

Mr. IWS
11-01-2008, 07:59 AM
Ethan Law
3% with NM +7.5
3% with Utah State +7

2% with UTEP +3
2% with Washington +46
2% with GT -2
2% with ASU +15.5
2% with Arkansas +7

Mr. IWS
11-01-2008, 08:29 AM
Erin Rynning- 20* g.tech(acc goy)

Mr. IWS
Tim Trushel- 20* wisky (big10 goy)

Mr. IWS
Donnie Black- 20* miami fla. (college goy)

Mr. IWS
11-01-2008, 08:30 AM
Lenny Del Genio 25* Big 10 GOY is Wisconsin

Mr. IWS
11-01-2008, 09:15 AM
ATS Lock Club

30 Unit - College GOY - (396) LA Lafayette -7 1/2
7 Unit - Virginia -2
7 Unit - Kent State +6

Mr. IWS
11-01-2008, 09:30 AM
seabass
100* Pittsburgh
20* Wisconsin, Miami, under 68 Kansas/KState

Mr. IWS
11-01-2008, 09:56 AM
ATS Lock Club

25 Louisiana LaFayette -7.5
7 South Carolina -5.5
6 Mississippi State -2.5
6 Texas -3
5 Arkansas +7
4 Nets -5.5

ATS Financial Package

4 W. Virginia -3.5
4 Rice -2.5
4 Mississippi -6.5
4 Lakers -7

Mr. IWS
11-01-2008, 10:29 AM
Oscarxena Sports

Minnesota -7 (3 Unit Play)

Texas/Texas Tech Under 73 (3 Unit Play)

Mr. IWS
Rocketman

Temple / Navy
Play: 5* Temple +7

Owls are 5-0-1 ATS in their last 6 games after scoring less than 20 points in their previous game. Owls are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games after accumulating less than 100 yards rushing in their previous game. Owls are 4-0-1 ATS in their last 5 games after accumulating less than 170 yards passing in their previous game. Owls are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games after accumulating less than 275 total yards in their previous game. Owls are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games after allowing less than 20 points in their previous game. Owls are 7-2-1 ATS in their last 10 games overall. Owls are 7-2 ATS in their last 9 vs. INDEP. Owls are 9-3 ATS in their last 12 games on grass. Owls are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games following a SU win. Owls are 7-3-1 ATS in their last 11 games after allowing less than 100 yards rushing in their previous game. Midshipmen are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 vs. MAC. Owls are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 meetings. We'll play Temple for 5 units today!

Hawaii / Utah State
Play:3* Utah State +7

Hawaii is only 1-3 SU on the road this year and are scoring only 14 points per game on the road while allowing a whopping 39.2 points per game in road games this season. Warriors are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 road games. Warriors are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games after accumulating less than 100 yards rushing in their previous game. Warriors are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 games after accumulating more than 280 yards passing in their previous game. Last game out Utah State played a very good game at home against a good Fresno State team losing the game by only 2 points 30-28. We'll play Utah State for 3 units today!

NBA

3* New Jersey
3* LA Lakers

Mr. IWS
Ted Sevransky / TEDDY COVERS

Iowa +2.5 - 6 units

Illinois has four wins this season. They beat FCS Eastern Illinois. They barely hung on to beat a Sun Belt Conference team, Louisiana-Lafayette, by three points. They beat Michigan. And they beat Indiana. We’re talking about three blowouts over real bottom feeders, and a fourth win by a field goal over a mid-level Sun Belt squad. Every single time Illinois has faced a solid foe:, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Penn State and Missouri – the Illini have lost by at least a touchdown.

Juice Williams and the Illini offense have had absolutely no success against the Hawkeyes defense in any recent meeting. The Illini went to the Rose Bowl last year, while Iowa finished 6-6, but Iowa beat Illinois 10-6 in last year’s game, holding Illinois under 300 total yards. That was the only game all year in which the Illini didn’t score a touchdown. It was a similar story in ’06, a 24-7 road win at Illinois from another six win Iowa squad. In ’05, the Ron Zook – Kirk Ferentz matchup worked out in Iowa’s favor once again, a 35-7 smackdown. Iowa has won five straight in this series.

Juice Williams had 98 yards passing and 43 yards rushing last year against the Hawkeyes defense. In ’06, Williams completed only nine of his 32 pass attempts against Iowa (28%) while gaining only 44 rushing yards on 17 carries. And there’s little reason to expect anything different this time around. Williams is coming off a season worst three interception showing against the Badgers, and he’s been sacked nine times in his last three starts.

Meanwhile, Iowa’s defense has been nothing short of stellar all season long, allowing a grand total of 92 points in their first eight games (11.5 ppg), with every opponent held to 22 points or less. In terms of ‘true’ numbers, the Hawkeyes rank #14 in the nation against the run and #25 against the pass, holding foes under four yards per carry and under 5.3 yards per pass attempt. This is a defense worth supporting, in sharp contrast to the Illini defense ranked 56th against the run and 57th against the pass. In all four Illinois losses, the Illini have allowed more points than Iowa has allowed all season. There’s no comparison between these two stop units – Iowa has a good one; Illinois does not.

During the Kirk Ferentz era, Iowa has consistently improved by leaps and bounds as the season has progressed. Discounting the disastrous 2006 campaign, when an injury riddled Hawkeyes squad tanked to the tune of a 1-10 ATS run during the regular season, the Hawkeyes have gone an amazing 19-6 ATS during their last five games of the regular season since 2002. This is a team worthy of support down the stretch once again in 2008. At 5-3, coming off a bye week with only one loss in Big 10 play, Iowa is still very much in play for a New Year’s Day bowl game.

Hawkeyes QB Ricky Stanzi ranks third in the Big 10 in passing efficiency rating. Star running back Shonn Greene is averaging a whopping 6.5 yards per carry; the only FBS player to open up the season with eight consecutive 100 yard rushing games. Greene is coming off a four touchdown performance in a 38-16 win against Wisconsin in his last outing; the same team that Illinois lost to by double digits last week. The Hawkeye defense has notched 14 interceptions while allowing only five touchdown passes all year. And their smashmouth offensive style is exactly the type of attack that has given the suspect Illini defense trouble all year. Wrong team favored here, in a game worthy of Big Ticket status. Big Ticket: Take Iowa.

Nebraska +22.0 - 4 units

Oklahoma does not have the defense to lay points in this spread range. Yes, the Sooners have bounced back nicely from their disappointing loss to Texas, reeling off wins against Kansas and Kansas State over the last two weeks. But the Sooners have earned those victories in spite of a rapidly declining defense that makes this pointspread range a good notch or two too high for the home favorite.

The numbers don’t lie. Oklahoma allowed 45 points and nearly 450 yards in the loss to Texas, giving up a kick return touchdown as well, while allowing the Longhorns to rush for more than six yards per carry. Against Kansas, the defense couldn’t preserve a spread covering three touchdown lead, as Todd Reesing threw for more than 300 yards as the Jayhawks hung 31 on the Sooners right here in Norman. Last week, at Kansas State, a +4 turnover differential turned a 28-28 game into a 58-35 final. Even in victory, the Sooners allowed 478 passing yards and 9.4 yards per pass attempt against the Wildcats. This is not a defense that we can trust laying points in this price range.

Nebraska head coach Bo Pelini knows Bob Stoops, serving as a co-defensive coordinator for the Sooners earlier this decade. He’ll be intimately familiar with the reason that the Sooners are just 1-4 ATS in their last five tries as home favorites of 20 or more points – an exploitable stop unit. And, unlike Oklahoma, Nebraska seems to improve week after week, a team trending upward as the season progresses, not atypical of solid teams with first year head coaches.

The Huskers most assuredly had their share of early season struggles adjusting to Pelini’s system, and rebuilding their confidence after the 2007 debacle. Over the course of the last three weeks, the Huskers have finally shown real signs of progress. First they travelled to Lubbock and took undefeated Texas Tech to overtime, while holding the Red Raiders to their lowest point total in regulation this season. Nebraska followed that impressive showing with a pair of solid double digit victories against Big 12 bottom feeders, but their defense played as well in each of those games as they’ve played in the last two years; clearly an improving unit under Pelini’s tutelage.

No, Nebraska is not going to shut Oklahoma down – expect the Sooners to approach 40+ points again this week. But the Cornhuskers offense is simply too good to get more than three touchdowns against any but the most elite level defensive teams in the country, which Oklahoma is not. Senior QB Joe Ganz has proven his mettle and maturity on the road. His 70% completion rating and 8.5 yards per pass attempt are comparable to Sam Bradford’s numbers with the Sooners. Seven different receivers have at least ten catches, while RB Marlon Lucky has been a steady force on the ground, expected to be near 100% despite a foot injury. There’s no reason to think that the Huskers can’t trade points with the Sooners from start to finish in this one, making them a clear choice as more than three touchdown underdogs. (#351) Take Nebraska.

Oregon +3.0 - 4 units

On a rainy, windy day in Berkeley, look for the Cal Bears to finally be exposed as the frauds that they are. Cal has repeatedly tanked down the stretch under Jeff Tedford in recent years. The numbers don’t lie. Ove the last four years, in the final five games of the regular season, Cal has been nothing short of dreadful: 3-17 ATS. And the Bears look primed for a fall once again this year, vastly overvalued by the betting marketplace following a series of misleading final scores and poorly played victories.

Cal’s last ‘good’ game came back on September 6th against a Washington State team that is on pace to be one of the worst teams in PAC-10 history. Since that victory, here’s what Cal has done. They got blown out at Maryland, an ugly loss. They couldn’t move the football against a hideous Colorado State defense, outgained at home by a bottom tier Mountain West team.

Cal was equally bad, if not worse, the following week against Arizona State, escaping with a ten point win against a team that has been outscored 105-30 by their other three opponents over the last month, including a 54-20 home loss to Oregon last week. Cal stunk it up at Arizona, blown out in the second half. And last week, we saw another very misleading final score in their 41-20 win over UCLA, a four point game in the fourth quarter before a litany of Bruins errors gave Cal a win on the scoreboard that appeared much easier than it actually did on the field.

Cal does not have a great defense, by any stretch of the imagination. Good power rushing teams like Michigan State and Maryland have moved the ball at will against this stop unit. Quarterback Kevin Riley has struggled mightily, just 24-54 for 309 yards in his last three outings against Colorado State, Arizona and UCLA. Following the loss of their top three pass catchers from last year’s team, Riley is still developing chemistry with the completely rebuilt receiving corps. Leading receivers Nyan Boateng and Cameron Morrah have combined for 36 catches for the entire season. The only thing Cal does well is run the football with Jahvid Best and Shane Vereen. Against a team as good as Oregon, that single unit of strength isn’t likely to be enough to carry them to a win, let alone a win by margin.

The Ducks were on their way to a #1 national ranking last year before quarterback Dennis Dixon got hurt in mid-November at Arizona. And despite a myriad of quarterback injuries and a pair of disappointing losses to quality USC and Boise State squads, this year’s Oregon team isn’t that far behind last year’s version; a legitimate Top 10-Top 15 caliber squad. The quarterback situation is settled, with Jeremiah Masoli returning from injury and Justin Roper healthy again as well, a very capable backup. Oregon’s running game with LaGarrette Blount and Jeremiah Johnson is every bit as potent as Cal’s, despite the lack of hype. In fact, the Ducks have run for more than 300 yards on five occasions already this year, and run for at least 227 yards in every game except their contest with USC. Oregon leads the nation with 30 rushing touchdowns in 2008.

Oregon has some meaningful revenge on their minds for this game. The Ducks lost at home to the Bears last year, despite winning the yardage battle by margin, thanks to a -4 turnover differential, including a potential game tying touchdown that was fumbled out of the end zone; a particularly memorable and frustrating defeat. The Ducks have won three out of four on the road this year, losing only at mighty USC, and they are in the midst of a long term 13-7 SU run on the highway since the start of the 2005 season, Given Cal’s fraudulent results and their late season track record, I’ve got no hesitation pulling the trigger on the superior team, in revenge mode, catching points. Take Oregon.

Kent +6.5 - 3 units

Last week, we cashed a ticket betting on Bowling Green in a ‘must win’ game for the Falcons to keep their bowl hopes alive. BG covered the spread for us, but they lost the game at Northern Illinois. The loss dropped Gregg Brandon’s underachieving squad to 3-5 overall; 1-3 in conference play. That essentially ended any postseason dreams for a team that had gone bowling three times in the last five years, and was hoping for some semblance of redemption in ’08 following their 63-7 blowout loss to Tulsa in last year’s GMAC Bowl.

With three conference losses and five losses overall, Bowling Green is simply playing out the string. Since their opening day win over a vulnerable Pittsburgh squad, the Falcons have just two wins, one against hapless Wyoming, the other a come-from-behind affair at Akron. Their home field edge is non-existent these days, with SU and ATS losses to 2-6 Miami-Ohio and 2-7 Eastern Michigan in their only two conference home games. BG also lost SU and ATS at Doyt Perry Stadium to Minnesota back in September; still 0-fer the season both SU and ATS at home.

Last year, when BG was a bowl team, their offense was consistently potent, averaging more than 30 points per game for the season. Quarterback Tyler Sheehan threw for over 3200 yards, completing 64% of his passes. Sheehan’s production has declined in 2008, as evidenced by the 21 passes that he threw last week, resulting in a grand total of 92 passing yards. The Falcons lack a legitimate big play receiver with Willie Geter and Freddie Barnes both sidelined; their running game is mediocre at best and the defense has been routinely torched. This is not a hard team to bet against as a home favorite this week; an over-rated team in an absolutely awful spot.

Kent was supposed to be vastly improved this year following a disappointing 3-9 injury riddled campaign last year. But things started out all wrong for the Golden Flashes, as they dropped each of their first six games against FBS competition, due to a variety of injuries and mistakes. But with a healthy Julian Edelman at quarterback and a healthy Eugene Jarvis back at running back, Kent was absolutely dominant last week, earning a 54-21 win at Miami-Ohio; the same team that beat Bowling Green at home two weeks ago. Unlike BG, Kent has some real positive momentum heading into this matchup, and their health is as good as it’s been all year.

Kent head coach Doug Martin, following the win at Miami-O: “We played like we are capable of playing today, but this is meaningless unless our guys are ready to keep going and….do it again next week.” Kent won on this field 38-3 on their last trip to BG, but lost to the Falcons as home favorites last year. In this road dominated series, look for Kent to continue their move up in the MAC East standings, while BG continues stumbling downward. Take Kent.

Arkansas St. +23.5 - 3 units

Alabama is coming off of their “most complete game” of the season, according to head coach Nick Saban. We’ve seen the Crimson Tide let down repeatedly following their big road wins. The Crimson Tide were outgained at home by Tulane following a big win against Clemson. They narrowly escaped with a three point win against Kentucky following their blowout in Athens against Georgia. In fact, for all the hype that their undefeated season has brought to Nick Saban and company, we’re talking about a team with a grand total of one pointspread cover in four previous tries as a home favorite this year, and that ATS win came after the sluggish showing against Tulane against a Sun Belt bottom feeder Western Kentucky. It’s surely worth noting that Western Kentucky’s offense was stymied every bit as much in losses at Michigan State, Indiana and Virginia Tech; a team that simply can’t move the football against quality competition.

Arkansas State doesn’t seem to have that problem. The Red Wolves gave Texas everything they could handle in Austin last year. They hung 27 points on Tennessee’s SEC East winning defense. This year, Arkansas State already has a SU win as 18.5 point underdogs at Texas A&M. Even discounting their amazing 83-10 win over FCS Texas Southern back in September, the Red Wolves are still averaging a whopping 6.25 yards per carry, the seventh best ‘true’ yards per carry average in the country. QB Corey Leonard has an 11:3 touchdown to interception ratio in his third year as the starter. Running backs Reggie Arnold and Derek Lawson have combined for more than 1100 rushing yards between them. Quite simply, this team should be able to move the football, even against Alabama’s dominant stop unit.

The spot here is what makes these matchup issues worthy of a wager. I’ve already written about the Crimson Tide’s strong tendency to let down following a big win, and their inability to cover pointspreads as a home favorite. To make matters even worse for Alabama here, they are in an awful sandwich spot. They blasted Tennessee in Knoxville last week and have a matchup with LSU (and a chance to clinch the SEC West title) on deck next week. How much attention do you think the Tide paid to UL-M in practice this week? If you answered ‘not much’ you’re on the same page as I am. Given Nick Saban’s 1-5 ATS mark as a double digit favorite during his tenure in Tuscaloosa, the lack of focus on UL-M is a major concern for the home team.

Meanwhile, Arkansas State is fresh and healthy, coming off a bye week. They’ve got a potent offense, capable of moving the football against the Tide. Kicker Josh Arauco has nailed 15 consecutive field goal attempts, and those field goals really add up in this pointspread range against this caliber of defense. The Red Wolves even have the nation’s leader in tackles for loss this season, playmaking junior defensive end Alex Carrington. In this spread range we don’t need an outright upset or anything close – a three touchdown defeat still cashes our ticket. Take Arkansas State.

Troy -10.0 - 3 units

If you watched your ESPN Gameplan last week, you know already that Louisiana-Monroe blew 21-0 lead against Florida Atlantic, losing on a touchdown pass with 20 seconds remaining in the contest. The loss was absolutely devastating for the banged up War Hawks, dropping them to 1-3 in conference, 2-6 overall, and ending any speculation that UL-M could bounce back for another strong finish.

Charlie Weatherbie’s squad has been pointspread gold down the stretch in each of the last two seasons, finishing a perfect 10-0 ATS in their final five games of ’06 and ’07. Yes, they covered the spread in defeat against FAU last week, but this team looks completely spent heading into their matchup against the best team in the Sun Belt. We can stick a fork in the War Hawks, because they are done.

Troy has been the class of the Sun Belt for the past three seasons. They earned a bowl victory over Rice following an eight win 2006 campaign, and just missed the return trip last year, upset at home as 16 point favorites in their season finale. And they are a perfect 4-0 in conference play already this year, including three wins by double digit margins in their three previous conference road games. Head coach Larry Blakeney recruits on a different level than the rest of his Sun Belt counterparts – Troy is the only Sun Belt school to consistently send multiple players on to the NFL.

Troy beat UL-M 24-7 last year, and that was a better, healthier and more promising Louisiana-Monroe squad than the one they’ll face this time around. Quarterback Levi Brown has stepped in to Jamie Hampton’s big shoes and played extremely well in his first few outings, including a 391 yard performance last week in his first road start. Brown has yet to throw an interception. Wide receiver Jerrel Jernigan is a big play threat in the passing game; running back DuJuan Harris leads a stable of quality backs.

But more than anything else besides the mental letdown that I expect from UL-M this week, this is a bet on the Trojans defense, an upper echelon stop unit. Troy ranks 37th in the nation in true rushing yards, despite facing Ohio State and Oklahoma State in non-conference play. UL-M ranks 119th out of 120 teams in that same category. Troy also has the vastly superior pass defense, allowing 5.6 yards per pass attempt, in comparison to the 6.4 yards per pass that Louisiana-Monroe is giving up. The price here is perfectly reasonable to support a road favorite that has been consistently winning these types of games by margin. Take Troy.

South Carolina -5.5 - 3 units

Rested home teams in conference play are certainly worth a long, hard look at this stage of the season. When their opponent is in the midst of a truly dismal slide, playing out the string for an embattled head coach already, on the first weekend of November, a long hard look at the home favorite isn’t enough – they deserve a wager.

South Carolina has the #1 statistical defense in the SEC, allowing just 256 yards per game and 4.2 yards per play. Based on ‘true’ numbers, the Gamecocks rank #13 in the nation, allowing less than 3.8 yards per carry, while their ‘true pass defense is ranked 6th in the country. That’s very bad news for the struggling Vols offense. The Vols 1-4 SEC record is no accident. They have averaged only 12 first downs and 221 yards of offense in those conference games, scoring 14 points or less five times in the last six weeks. Quarterback Nick Stephens hasn’t been a significant improvement over the benched Jonathan Crompton, with a high of 208 passing yards in his four starts. Tennessee has been unable to run the football with any level of consistency, and the receiving corps lacks playmakers. Leading receiver Lucas Taylor has a grand total of 22 catches in the Vols first eight games of the season.

To make matters even worse for Tennessee, this is already a lost season for the Vols. They’ll be playing their eighth straight week without a bye. Last week was a ‘circle the wagons’ type of game against Alabama, but any hope for a second half turnaround from Phil Fulmer’s squad ended with their 20 point home loss. Tennessee ranks 11th out of 12 teams in four key categories: scoring, total offense, rushing and third-down defense. They rank dead last in first downs and time of possession. Injuries have become a factor, with little depth to replace the injured starters due to a gradual decline in recruiting over the past three or four years. Look for physical and emotional fatigue to be a real negative factor for the Vols in this one.

South Carolina suffered a devastating three point overtime loss to Tennessee last year despite a nearly 200 yard edge in the box score, and didn’t win another game following that crushing defeat. Phil Fulmer genuinely ruined Steve Spurrier’s season last year. Now that QB’s Stephen Garcia and Chris Smelley have had two full weeks to prepare against this defense, look for the ol’ ballcoach to give Tennessee’s stout stop unit a variety of different looks to deal with, thanks to the diversity of these two quarterbacks capabilities. And with the Vols front seven defensively particularly banged up, don’t be surprise if we see the Gamecocks have some success moving the football on the ground as well, leading to a comfortable revenge victory in Columbia on Saturday Night. Take South Carolina.

Mr. IWS
11-01-2008, 10:30 AM
LAS VEGAS TECH REPORT (LVTR):

AIR FORCE vs ARMY

Play: ARMY +8

BIG DOG PLAY FOR SATURDAY

lvtr rest of saturday card:

atlanta hawks -3.5

nebraska +21

kansas state +8.5

oklahoma state -29.5

Mr. IWS
11-01-2008, 10:30 AM
southcoast sports
#339 Pittsburgh (+4.5) @ Notre Dame ~ 3 Units
Both of these teams have done pretty well this year. Both teams have losses that should have been wins and vice-versa. This line is kind of odd, I would think the line would be something like -7/-7.5 but its only 4.5. I propose that this be taken advantage of.
Everyone and their mother is picking this to be a really close game, by around 3 points. I agree but by a little more than a measly 3. Pitt's offense has been pretty solid this year averaging over 28 PPG and grinding out 395 YPG. (233 pass, 162 rush) Main area of attack has been RB LeSean McCoy rushing for 14 TD's through 7 games. He is a force to be reckoned with. He had 4 TD's last week in the 34-54 loss to Rutgers. Prior to that shootout game, Pitt had won 5 straight, including wins over SoFLA and Navy. And lets be real, Pitt head coach Dave Wannstedt has been known to lose as the favorite and win as the underdog. But what college team does not? That's the beauty of the sport.
People like to say teams are trash and "suck" if they get upset and lose to an inferior team like Pitt did last week to Rutgers. People don't understand that this happens All The Time Every Single Year to most teams. They're kids, they're not professionals, bad games happen like when Ole Miss took down Florida or when Oregon St took down USC. It doesn't mean that the team "sucks" or is on a downward spiral. It just means they had one bad game.
Notre Dame is a good football team, don't get me wrong but their sporadic wins and losses should set off some red flags. Plus, they're coming off of a 33-7 win over Washington which means they'll be more laid back and not as worried about Pitt as they should be. Meanwhile, Pitt comes in Saturday like a thief in the night and takes the Irish's bowl hopes away by 9 points. Take Pitt +4-4.5.

Best of Luck

Mr. IWS
11-01-2008, 10:31 AM
Paul Liener

NCAAFB
200* Boston College -3.5
50* Over 72 Texas Tech/Texas
10* Over 44.5 UConn/West Virginia

NBA
100* Over 180 Washington/Detroit
50* Over 192 Portland/Phoenix

Mr. IWS
11-01-2008, 10:43 AM
Joyce Sterling

Baylor vs Missouri Take

Baylor +21Baylor Celebrates its 99th Homecoming Anniversary. Bears freshman quarterback Robert Griffin has 1,405 yards passing and 554 yards rushing, accounting for 65.8 percent of his team's 2,977 total yards. He also has had a hand in 18 of Baylor's 29 touchdowns - nine rushing and nine passing. Griffin, became the first Baylor quarterback with three 100-yard rushing games. The freshman also set a school record for consecutive passes without an interception.Missouri comes in off their 1st conference shutout since 1986 (Colorado). BUT they are1-3-1 ATS as a double digit road favorite and this is a big number to cover.

Florida State at Georgia Tech

Take Florida St. +2.5

Bobby Bowden tries to remain undefeated against Georgia Tech as his 16th-ranked Seminoles look for their 13th consecutive win over the Yellow Jackets on Saturday.They are loaded on defense.The Seminals will be prepared for Techs unique attack.

TCU vs UNLV

10 STAR Game of the Week

Take UNLV +14The Rebels take care of the Ball.TCU is playing their 10th straight game without rest.Though wins have been hard to come by of late, the Rebels have been competitive in their last two contests, losing 29-28 to Air Force on Oct. 18 and 42-35 at BYU last Saturday.UNLV racked up a season-high 463 total yards against the then-No. 18 Cougars.

Mr. IWS
11-01-2008, 10:43 AM
Northcoast Full Service Line
College Play Of Week Louisville, Tv Play Of Day Notre Dame

Mr. IWS
11-01-2008, 10:51 AM
Northcoast Totals

4 Over Ind
3 Over Boise
Under Purd
Under Okla St

Mr. IWS
LENNY STEVENS
20* UNDERDOG GAME OF YEAR CLEMSON

10 texas am
10 florida
10 texas tech

Mr. IWS
STEVIE Y
PAC 10 GAME OF YEAR

Oregon's monster ground game was on display, as the team gained 304 of its 537 total yards via the run in a blow out win over Arizona State. The Rb 2 some for the Ducks as been outstanding for the Ducks all season and they have combined for 1,187 yards and 21 touchdowns.Cal Gets pasted today

Mr. IWS
11-01-2008, 10:57 AM
vegas-runner | CFB Side Double-Dime Bet
354 California -2.5 (-110) SportBet vs 353 Oregon
Analysis: ** 2* WAGER **

Mr. IWS
11-01-2008, 11:09 AM
Eddie Roman

25,000 Unit Stat Match Lock #27

TCU -14.5 over UNLV Runnin Rebels

Here's a blowout if I have ever seen one because UNLV's defense can't stop a soul and TCU's defense is unreal. Think about this, since the second half of their game at Oklahoma started, they have allowed just 35 points in their last 18 quarters. They haven't allowed more then 7 points against any Non BCS schools this year. The only teams that scored more then 7 on them this season were Stanford who scored 14 and Oklahoma who scored 35 but they played Oklahoma to a 7-7 tie in the second half. They gave up 21 in the first quarter of that game but once they decided to stop blitzing, they shut the Sooners down.

Now they face a UNLV team who lost by 22 at home against Nevada. If the Wolfpack could go to Vegas and whip this team, then TCU can surely do the same thing.

UNLV is allowing 34 points per game thiss eason and right now TCU is as confident as any team in the nation on both sides of the ball. They won't take this team lightly tonight. They are simply more skilled everywhere and should blow this team out by a minimum of 30. Look for something around 48-17. TCU is a big winner.

Mr. IWS
11-01-2008, 11:10 AM
northcoast 4- star college play,GET ON WEST VIRGINIA BOYS -3

Mr. IWS
11-01-2008, 11:10 AM
Bob Balfe

College Football
West Virginia -4 over Uconn
I would never call a team like UConn a fraud, but they really have not played anyone in the last two seasons and the teams that were good have beat them. WVU has hit their stride and Pat White is better than any UConn QB. Look for both teams to move the ball well, but White will take over with his feet late in the game for the win

Baylor +21.5 over Missouri
Baylor is a much improved team this year with a good scrambling QB that can run the ball well and simply does not turn the ball over. Missouri has a great offense, but I do not see them slowing down Baylor today. The betting public is all over Missouri and this number is way to high. Take Baylor.

Texas -3.5 over Texas Tech
Just watching Tech's offense has been fun, but Texas has more talent and in 4 quarters of football its going to be hard for Tech to play good enough defense to win this game. Colt McCoy is the best QB in the nation and will have a field day on offense. Texas is just too good of a football team not to win this game.

Clemson +3.5 over Boston College
The Tigers have yet to cover a game this year. This line is way over valued and the wrong team is favored. Boston College has played well, but they are a very young team. Clemson is getting healthy again and has too much speed for the Eagles. Take Clemson.

NBA Basketball
Bobcats -2.5 over Heat

Mr. IWS
11-01-2008, 11:11 AM
Savannah Sports

NCAA Football

4 Units on Kent State +6.5

Mr. IWS
11-01-2008, 11:11 AM
EZ Winners

5* WV (buy the half)
3* Pitt
3* TT

Mr. IWS
11-01-2008, 11:32 AM
BOB AMKENS PUCKS
10*BUFFALO -150
10*TAMPA BAY OVER 5.5

Mr. IWS
11-01-2008, 11:38 AM
Scott Rickenbach
TITLE: 89% SEASON! #1 '08 SEC PLAY!
REASON FOR PICK: Game #346 – 2* (TOP PLAY) South Carolina Gamecocks (-) vs Tennessee @ 7 PM ET – Big revenge spot for the Gamecocks and the situation is set up perfect for South Carolina to exact that revenge! The Gamecocks are coming off of their bye week and that has given them extra preparation time for this big SEC match-up. It’s also given South Carolina extra time to get even more fired up about what happened last season. Despite a yardage edge of nearly 200 yards last season at Tennessee, the Gamecocks lost in overtime to the Volunteers. Keep in mind that was after South Carolina had gotten off to a slow start as they were down 21-0 at one point in the game. The Gamecocks battled back and dominated the second half. They also had numerous chances to win that game in regulation. Turnovers were costly though and the resulting loss makes this a very strong revenge spot for the Gamecocks.

One of the keys to being able to play on a revenging team is finding the right situational edges in such a spot. We have those edges here. Tennessee is in a downward spiral right now. Yes, the Volunteers did cover against Georgia earlier this season but they were very fortunate as the Bulldogs outgained them by about 250 yards. The Vols come into this game off yet another loss to Alabama as the Crimson Tide beat the Volunteers by twenty points! It was no fluke as the Crimson Tide outgained the Volunteers by nearly 200 yards. Things are very unlikely to improve for Tennessee now. They’re playing their eighth straight week and are beat up physically and emotionally. Mentally, it’s tough for players to stay focused when head coach Fulmer is absolutely on the hot seat again with Tennessee fans wanting him gone. The Vols QB, Stephens, has done a good job of avoiding turnovers but statistically Tennessee is not moving the ball well either. That is unlikely to improve against a Gamecocks defense that is arguably the best defense in the SEC.

The Gamecocks possess a very athletic defense and they should have no trouble keeping up with a Tennessee offense that is simply inconsistent on offense. The Vols just haven’t been able to get their ground game going and it’s been hard to get an aerial attack going because of an inexperienced QB and a lack of talent at the WR position. Things generally do not improve on the road. Couple that with the fact that the Gamecocks will bring a very high-level of intensity (compliments of the revenge factor) plus a very manageable number here and you have the makings of a pointspread rout. This game simply should not end up close to this number. The Volunteers couldn’t stop the South Carolina offense last year and this year’s match-up will be no different. The Gamecocks still have WR McKinley and we also feel the QB situation is an advantage now. With the running ability of Garcia and the passing ability of Smelley, the dual QB system of South Carolina is likely to give the Volunteers some match-up problems throughout this game. The Vols defense is essentially having to game plan for two different offenses in this one and we’re not so sure how much life this Vols defense has left in it! The emotional makeup of this team is not good right now and in their first two SEC road games the first downs total to 19 for Tennessee and 44 for their opponents! Yes indeed, this one gets ugly! Play South Carolina minus the points as a Top Play selection.

Mr. IWS
11-01-2008, 11:38 AM
Bob amkens Hockey

10*buffalo -150
10*tampa bay over 5.5

Mr. IWS
11-01-2008, 11:39 AM
hiesman trophy club
H T C - Fla , Mich , Under Pitt , Under Kentucky

Mr. IWS
11-01-2008, 11:46 AM
Stan Sharp GOY

Temple

Mr. IWS
11-01-2008, 11:48 AM
Patron's 30,000 It's the TCU horned frogs -14.5

Mr. IWS
11-01-2008, 11:49 AM
HSW 5* BYU,4* Wyoming, 3* Mich St, GT

Mr. IWS
11-01-2008, 11:49 AM
Nsa

20* fla
10* navy
10* pit
10* fla st
10* alab
10* tex

10* celtics

Mr. IWS
11-01-2008, 11:51 AM
Cokin - star rated. Didn't give any GOYs

20* Navy
10* Cal
7* Rice
7* Tulsa
3* Utah St, Iowa, Colo St

15* unders - Ky/Miss St, K St/Kan

Mr. IWS
11-01-2008, 12:04 PM
Charlies

500* Wisconsin / Mich St Under 48
30* Miami Fl +2
20* Minnesota -7'
20* UConn +4
10* Indiana -2
Wisconsin +5 free play

Mr. IWS
11-01-2008, 12:37 PM
Teddy June

ucon
nmex
utah st
geo tech
clem

Mr. IWS
11-01-2008, 12:37 PM
The Millionaires Club Guaranteed Selections
Date: Saturday, November 01, 2008
$35.00 Guaranteed: We are now 355-192 since joining this web site! Bottom Line is we win with a different approach to handicapping as we have situations that tell us what the line should be by looking at the teams stats compared to line history! This has proven to be very successful for us the past three years! Today we have isolated a 92% BIG 12 CONFERENCE PLAY OF THE YEAR - ONLY $35 GUARANTEED!! 11/1/2008

92% BIG 12 CONFERENCE PLAY OF THE YEAR
338 Texas A&M -4 2:00 EST

Mr. IWS
11-01-2008, 12:38 PM
Score
500% oklahoma
400% florida
400% texas
300% notre dame
300% new mexico

Mr. IWS
11-01-2008, 01:12 PM
vegas-runner | CFB Side Double-Dime Bet
328 Baylor 21.5 (-110) Bodog vs 327 Missouri
Analysis:
** 2* WAGER **

This was actually the Big Dog that we were looking strongly at as our 3* Best Bet...But after I was informed by one of the sharpest sources we have, about the coaching situation in the Okla/Neb Game...We decided to go ahead and make Nebraska the 3* instead...VR

Sat, 11/01/08 - 12:00 PMvegas-runner | CFB Side Single-Dime Bet
318 Connecticut 4.0 (-120) Sportsbetting.com vs 317 West Virginia
Analysis:
* 1* WAGER *

(Buy the 1/2 Pt)

Sat, 11/01/08 - 3:30 PMvegas-runner | CFB MoneyLine Double-Dime Bet
355 Temple (-130) Bodog vs 356 Navy
Analysis:
*** NCAAFB 2* TEASER PLAY of the DAY ***

TEMPLE +14.5 & GEORGIA TECH +4.5 (2*)...Teaser

Sat, 11/01/08 - 8:00 PMvegas-runner | CFB Side Triple-Dime Bet
351 Nebraska 21.5 (-105) SportBet vs 352 Oklahoma
Analysis:
*** NCAAFB 3* BEST BET of the DAY ***

(Sportbet is using -21.5 and -115...which will allow us to only have to lay -105 on Nebraska...Not surprising since every book I spoke with is getting hammered with Oklahoma -21.5 and Oklahoma -14.5 Teasers)

Guys, rather than waste time re-typing a bunch of stats...I will simply say that this number is just way too high, especially since Oklahoma just can't seem to stop anyone...and more importantly, plays the kind of football that Nebraska should have some success against since they have seen it before...

The bottom line in this one has to be the "X" factor...with BOTH coaches being the best of friends since their childhood...there is definately a lot of respect and admiration between the two, who really go way back...And even though my "projected final" shows that Nebraska should be able to keep it within 2 TD's...even if Oklahoma was able to, or had the opportunity to blow the Huskers out...I just don't believe Stoops would take it...

Let's grab the 3 TD's and more...and make this Saturday's 1st 3* BEST BET of the DAY...VR

Sat, 11/01/08 - 9:00 PMvegas-runner | CFB Side Triple-Dime Bet
386 UTEP 3.0 (-115) Bodog vs 385 Rice
Analysis:
*** NCAAFB CONF USA 3* BEST BET of the DAY ***

If your book is using 2.5...Go ahead and BUY the 1/2 Point and take it to +3...Bodog is charging -115 for it at the time...due to all of the public action that is coming in, and will continue to come in...
We are going to wait until as close to Kick-Off since it's a night game, because the Goal for this one is to take it to +3.5 (-120)...

I didn't post it at 3.5 (-120) because as of now, the concensus is still 2.5...But will do so when they adjust and move it to 3 as the action continues to come in...The Greek has already done so, as well as some of the shops here, and the locals I've spoken too...

I will not be able to change the number on this post, since we wrap it up before the game kick's off, but will go ahead and grade it at 3.5 if we are able to get it easily tonight...VR

Sat, 11/01/08 - 3:00 PMvegas-runner | CFB Side Double-Dime Bet
344 Utah St. 7.0 (-120) Sportsbetting.com vs 343 Hawaii
Analysis:
** 2* WAGER **

(Buy the 1/2 Point to +7)

Sat, 11/01/08 - 3:30 PMvegas-runner | CFB Side Double-Dime Bet
354 California -2.5 (-110) SportBet vs 353 Oregon
Analysis: ** 2* WAGER **

Mr. IWS
11-01-2008, 01:12 PM
Marco D'Angelo | CFB Side
triple-dime bet378 Georgia Tech -2.0 (-110) BetUS vs 377 Florida St.
Analysis: PLAY: GEORGIA TECH
RATING: TRIPLE DIME PLAY

Florida St. comes into Georgia Tech on a roll winning their last 4 in a row scoring 30+ points in 3 of the 4 but today that stops. Georgia Tech had won 4 in a row until last Saturday's miscue against Virginia. My feeling is that Georgia Tech was looking ahead to this TV match up against #15 ranked Florida St. on National TV. Georgia Tech runs a completely different style of offense this year and teams are not use to defending it. The fact that a Highly Ranked Team is a underdog to a team that is unranked tells me all I need to know. Georgia Tech is the right side here and I have them winning this game 27-17 . Note only one team has scored more than 20 points on Georgia Tech all season. GEORGIA TECH IS MY 10* COLLEGE LOCK RELEASE.

double-dime bet324 Wake Forest -8.0 (-110) BetUS vs 323 Duke
Analysis: PLAY: WAKE FOREST
RATING: DOUBLE DIME PLAY

Today I am Betting Wake Forest as I feel this team is ready for a break out game. This play is pretty much the same as the S. Mississippi play as we have a team laying a TD that hasn't been playing well. What makes this one even better is the fact Duke scored an upset Win on the road last week. Back to Back road upsets don't happen often especially for teams like Duke. I have Wake Forest Winning by 14-17 points. This is MARCO'S BLOWOUT GAME OF THE WEEK.

Marco Rated this Play a 4 STAR PLAY on his Executive Late Phone Service

double-dime bet384 Southern Miss. -8.0 (-110) BetUS vs 383 UAB
Analysis: PLAY: S. MISSISSIPPI
RATING: DOUBLE DIME PLAY

This is one of my classic line just doesn't make sense type of plays that I have made a living on. You have a team S. Mississippi laying over a TD when they have just 2 wins on the Season playing that scores a lot of points scored 20 or more 4 of last 5. S. Mississippi has lost 5 in row yet Vegas made them over a TD favorite. I am not falling for the trap they want you to take the Dog. My money is on S. Mississippi. This is MARCO'S CONFERENCE GAME OF THE WEEK.

Marco Rated this Play a 4 STAR PLAY on his Executive Late Phone Service

Mr. IWS
11-01-2008, 01:43 PM
ALATEX
SUPER NEBRASKA

regular
oregon
kentucky
georgia tech

Mr. IWS
11-01-2008, 02:22 PM
Handicapper: IndianCowboy
Sport: NBA Basketball
Game: Miami Heat @ Charlotte Bobcats - Saturday November 1, 2008 7:00 pm
Pick: 3 units (Normal) ATS: Charlotte Bobcats -3 (-110)

Mr. IWS
11-01-2008, 02:23 PM
Seabasss also has
100* New Mexico,
100* Navy
100* Texas

Mr. IWS
11-01-2008, 02:24 PM
Dave Malinsky
4* Georgia +7