Handicapped by The Turf Club Analysts

PURCHASE

Hawthorne - Race #2 - Post: 3:20pm - Claiming - 6.0 furlongs on the Dirt. Purse: $11,500 Class Rating: 68

Rating:

#1 HEAVENLY HASH (ML=8/5)

HEAVENLY HASH - The rider/handler pair of Cohen and Rodriguez has a strong return on investment together. This filly is obviously on the improve with speed figs of 30, 57, 69 last three out. Have to like the way Rodriguez has raced this filly back into shape off the layoff. Horse is well spotted in this sprint and I think she'll run well today.

Vulnerable Contenders: #4 SWEET CRYSTAL (ML=3/1), #3 C C'S WORLD (ML=9/2), #2 YOU'RE A DANDY (ML=5/1),

SWEET CRYSTAL - Generally I need a sprinter to have some recent success in sprint affairs in order to bet on her. Would have to move up off that tenth place finish last time to make an impact here. C C'S WORLD - Tough to wager on any horse to turn things around if there is no value to taking the stab. Tough to keep following this sort of 'bridesmaid' horse. The rating in the last race doesn't fit very well in this contest when I look at the class rating of today's race. Mark this animal as a likely underpriced contender. YOU'RE A DANDY - If you keep selecting these sort of 'bridesmaid' types, you're going to be dissatisfied frequently.

GUEST COMMENTARY: Winston - HEAVENLY HASH - This widely used handicapping theory still works today. Bet on a sprinter coming back within ten days.

STRAIGHT WAGERS: #1 HEAVENLY HASH is going to be the play if we are getting 1/1 or better
EXACTA WAGERS: None

TRIFECTA WAGERS:
Skip
SUPERFECTA WAGERS: None