PDA

View Full Version : UFC 116 discussion/matchups

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

SPX
03-24-2010, 06:58 PM
Wanderlei Silva’s birthday gift is all set - a July 3rd fight with Yoshihiro Akiyama at the Mandalay Bay, Las Vegas, Fighters Only can reveal. Silva was born on July 3rd 1976, which means he will turn 34 on the night he faces the Japanese-Korean judo stylist.

It has long been rumoured that Silva’s next opponent would be Akiyama. The two were originally thought to be meeting at UFC 110 before Silva-Bisping was made and UFC president Dana White said after that event that Silva would probably fight Akiyama next.

But the date was not set until recently. One of the fighters has signed and returned his bout agreements and the other is expected to be returned this week, making the clash official for UFC 116. The event will also see the return of UFC heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar, who will face the winner of the Shane Carwin/Frank Mir fight that takes place at UFC 111 this weekend.

Silva is coming off a unanimous decision win over Bisping, his first fight since dropping to the middleweight division. He has gone 2-3 since joining the UFC in the wake of PRIDE FC’s demise, with three of those fights taking place at light-heavyweight.

Akiyama made his North American debut at UFC 100 and defeated Alan Belcher in his first fight for the company. The former K-1 HERO’s light-heavyweight champion is an accomplished judoka and has just one loss on his 16-fight record.

That loss came in only his second MMA fight when he fought the much bigger Jerome Le Banner, a K-1 kickboxer who outweighed him by nearly 100lbs. Akiyama has defeated Melvin Manhoef and Denis Kang, but also has two no contests on his record as a result of foul play; one was an illegal kick, the other a greasing incident.

http://www.fightersonlymagazine.co.uk/n ... hp?id=4178 (http://www.fightersonlymagazine.co.uk/news/viewarticle.php?id=4178)

Mr. IWS
03-24-2010, 07:26 PM
WAR WANDY!

Luke
03-24-2010, 07:59 PM
I thought this was already set?

Maybe I'm crazy again

SPX
03-24-2010, 08:21 PM

Maybe I'm crazy again

Was set. Then it turned into Wandy/Bisping.

Luke
03-24-2010, 08:25 PM

Maybe I'm crazy again

Was set. Then it turned into Wandy/Bisping.

You mean Wandy /Bisping are fighting again instead of Wandy/Akiyama?

SPX
03-24-2010, 08:29 PM

No, I mean Wandy was supposed to fight Akiyama, but then he fought Bisping instead. Now he's going to fight finally fight Akiyama (allegedly).

Luke
03-24-2010, 08:33 PM

No, I mean Wandy was supposed to fight Akiyama, but then he fought Bisping instead. Now he's going to fight finally fight Akiyama (allegedly).

What was the date set for Wandy/Bisping II?

SPX
03-24-2010, 08:55 PM

Are you just fucking with me now?

Luke
03-24-2010, 09:05 PM

Are you just fucking with me now?

::lmao::

I have been in every post of this thread lol

What can I say I was bored

SPX
03-24-2010, 09:10 PM

I have been in every post of this thread lol

What can I say I was bored

Dude, get the fuck out of here!

Luke
03-24-2010, 09:13 PM
Dude, get the fuck out of here!

The funny part is you thought I was serious lol.I was just going to keep posting dumb shit until you caught on .My next question was going to be :

Whos on first?

SPX
03-24-2010, 09:15 PM
The funny part is you thought I was serious lol.I was just going to keep posting dumb shit until you caught on .My next question was going to be :

Whos on first?

I had a suspicion when you asked about a Wandy/Bisping rematch but figured I'd roll with it just in case you were serious.

natman2939
03-25-2010, 06:14 AM
any thoughts on what the lines will be?

I'd assume Wand would be the favorite considering his status and that he looked better against Bisping than Akiyama did against Belcher.

Mr. IWS
03-25-2010, 08:38 AM
So just for the record, Akiyama v Bisping? j/k

I think Wandy opens up around -140

Ludo
03-26-2010, 07:54 PM
Wanderlei's war on Japan continues...

Luke
03-26-2010, 08:01 PM
Wanderlei's war on Japan continues...

How is a Wandy/ Bisping rematch a war on Japan?

Ludo
03-26-2010, 08:07 PM
BOL... It's a little early to be complaining of not being able to sleep, dude:D

Luke
03-26-2010, 08:18 PM
BOL... It's a little early to be complaining of not being able to sleep, dude:D

lol SPX is so much more gullible

Ludo
03-26-2010, 08:21 PM
Heh, I mean "no you idiot, I was talking about Wanderlei vs Akiyama!".

There ya go

SPX
03-26-2010, 08:22 PM

Your mom is so much more gullible. . .

Luke
03-26-2010, 08:23 PM

Go find a fat chick to ride

Ludo
03-26-2010, 08:24 PM

Go find a fat chick to ride

I thought that's who SPX was talking about in the first place...

Luke
03-26-2010, 08:26 PM
I thought that's who SPX was talking about in the first place..

SPX
03-26-2010, 08:32 PM
I thought that's who SPX was talking about in the first place...

That is good.

poopoo333
04-04-2010, 10:39 PM
Everyone seems to be biased towards Wandy, including me.

From a non biased point of view, who should win this fight? I have only seen Akiyama/Belcher

Luke
04-21-2010, 01:21 PM
Chris Lytle vs. Matt Brown will be at UFC 116 .Also a Stephan Bonnar vs. Krzysztof Soszynski rematch

poopoo333
04-21-2010, 01:26 PM
Lytle and Brown is going to be awesome.

Luke
04-24-2010, 01:10 PM
Roy Nelson vs. Cheick Kongo Possible for UFC 116 now

Heavyweight Cheick Kongo, who recently signed a new six-fight deal with the UFC, will return to action to at UFC 116, and could meet The Ultimate Fighter 10 winner Roy Nelson at the July 3 pay-per-view event in Las Vegas, according to Fighters Only.

Kongo (15-6-1) rebounded from back-to-back losses to Cain Velasquez and Frank Mir with a third-round stoppage of Paul Buentello at UFC on Versus 1 in March to improve to 8-4 in the UFC.

Nelson (15-4) snapped a two-fight losing streak by winning TUF 10 in December with a first-round knockout of Brendan Schaub, then scored “Knockout of the Night” honors for his first-round KO of Stefan Struve at UFC Fight Night 21 late last month.

UFC 116 is headlined by the anticipated return of heavyweight champ Brock Lesnar vs. interim title-holder Shane Carwin, and is expected to be co-headlined by Wanderlei Silva vs. Yoshihiro Akiyama.

SPX
04-24-2010, 01:22 PM
FINALLY Nelson gets his loss!

. . . I hope.

Ludo
04-24-2010, 02:19 PM
Nelson wins that one too. Kongo will try to employ the same gameplan he did against Buentello and it's going to backfire in a big way. Nelson has the same one punch knockout power that Buentello brings to the table, but with better cardio and a million times the ground game.

zY|
04-24-2010, 03:25 PM
FINALLY Nelson gets his loss!

. . . I hope.

Sorry.

Roy will make Kongo look pretty bad.

poopoo333
04-24-2010, 04:40 PM
Will be on Roy for sure.

Mr. IWS
04-25-2010, 10:25 AM
I think Ive seen Nelson/Kongo already. Oh wait, that was Heath Herring. Roy via prison ab's crucifix.

Luke
04-26-2010, 12:17 PM
Brendan Schaub - Chris Tuchscherer now on the UFC 116 card

poopoo333
04-26-2010, 12:37 PM
Brendan Schaub - Chris Tuchscherer now on the UFC 116 card

They are really trying to test Schaub against wrestlers.

Luke
04-26-2010, 01:02 PM
Also Nate Marquardt -Alessio Sakara now

SPX
04-26-2010, 01:34 PM

Is this a joke?

I'd say "I'll be on Nate" but I'm sure his line is going to be -500 or so.

This may actually be a worse matchup for Nate than Bisping, though. At least Sakara has power.

Thewiseman
04-26-2010, 02:28 PM
I would take Nate -500

Luke
04-27-2010, 07:41 PM
Karlos Vemola -Jon Madsen at UFC 116 also now

Luke
05-01-2010, 11:37 AM
Daniel Roberts vs. Julio Paulino added

Luke
05-02-2010, 01:11 PM

Its off

Alessio Sakara Withdraws from UFC 116 Matchup with Nate Marquardt

::handshake::

SPX
05-02-2010, 01:14 PM
Sakara probably knew he was in for a serious ass kicking.

poopoo333
05-02-2010, 01:16 PM

Dick move.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2010/5/2/145 ... f#comments (http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2010/5/2/1454550/alessio-sakara-has-pulled-out-of#comments)

Luke
05-02-2010, 01:20 PM

His dad died ::handshake::

SPX
05-02-2010, 01:32 PM
Dick move.

Hey, I didn't know. . .

edman5555
05-04-2010, 09:32 PM
I'm new to these forums and I thought I would start things out with my picks for ufc 116.

As follows:

Shane carwin over brock. I think brocks layoff and Shanes punching power will make the difference. Don't forget Brock is still a rookie by all MMA standards.

Kongo over Nelson. The nelson hype train is in full gear. Should be a good line. Also I don't think Nelson will have an easy time taking Kongo down. Nelson isn't Cain V in the wrestling department and Kongo is worlds stronger than him. Also in the striking department they are about even(im no expert) but Kongo is much longer and stronger.

Tuscherer over Schaub. Wrestler Vs. Football player....

Madsen over Vermola. Vermola is a brit. Generally bad wrestling. I don't know much about him though. Obv Madsen's wrestling is good.

Goran Rel over Kendall. Goran is a very good BJJ guy, so is Kendall. The diff..Goran is the physically more compact stronger guy. SO.......Maybe he will get the t-down easier over Grove. I'm not positive about this.

Thoughts, opinions?

Luke
05-04-2010, 09:38 PM
I'm new to these forums and I thought I would start things out with my picks for ufc 116.

As follows:

Shane carwin over brock. I think brocks layoff and Shanes punching power will make the difference. Don't forget Brock is still a rookie by all MMA standards.

Kongo over Nelson. The nelson hype train is in full gear. Should be a good line. Also I don't think Nelson will have an easy time taking Kongo down. Nelson isn't Cain V in the wrestling department and Kongo is worlds stronger than him. Also in the striking department they are about even(im no expert) but Kongo is much longer and stronger.

Tuscherer over Schaub. Wrestler Vs. Football player....

Madsen over Vermola. Vermola is a brit. Generally bad wrestling. I don't know much about him though. Obv Madsen's wrestling is good.

Goran Rel over Kendall. Goran is a very good BJJ guy, so is Kendall. The diff..Goran is the physically more compact stronger guy. SO.......Maybe he will get the t-down easier over Grove. I'm not positive about this.

Thoughts, opinions?

Kongo-Nelson is off because Kongo has a back injury ::handshake::

Welcome man I'm sure plenty of guys have opinions on the above fights

SPX
05-04-2010, 09:44 PM
Edman, welcome to the forums. I hope you don't mind people talking about your mom.

I think the Carwin/Brock fight is going to be very interesting. Personally, I grabbed Carwin for 1u at +170. At those odds, I certainly like him. At even money though I'd have to think a lot harder about it.

One thing is for sure, and that's that Carwin's punching power is much greater than Brock's, even though Brock makes guys do backflips when he hits them. This fight will almost certainly be determined by whether or not Brock will be able to wrestlefuck Carwin.

MMA_scientist
05-04-2010, 10:01 PM
Edman,

I like Carwin too, but won't be betting it.

I think Schaub will beat Tuch. I don't think Tuch has the tools to finish Schaub. I expect Tuch to wear out and get dropped by a punch.

Reljic should beat Kendall with strikes. Goran has versatile striking and power. Kendall has a weak chin and weak takedowns. I liek Reljoc a lot here.

edman5555
05-04-2010, 11:11 PM
Scientists,

For the Tusch fight I think you may be wrong because you don't have to finish a fight to win a fight. Finishing is far from everything..If Tusch can get him on the ground he can hold him there for a while(15 min goes by). I don't know what Tusches chin is like but i remember the nut shots he took from Gonzaga. They were baaad, and he kept going. If his chin is as good as his nuts he might be able to take what shots he has to standing before he gets the fight to the ground and holds Schaub there. Also I read your post about Steroids, off topic here but why do you think Randy Couture has taken them? Because of his ability to compete at his age?

zY|
05-04-2010, 11:18 PM
I think Schaub is going to hurt Tuscherererererer bad.

Edman, blanket statements like 'brits have bad wrestling' is not really good betting information.

SPX
05-04-2010, 11:23 PM
Edman, blanket statements like 'brits have bad wrestling' is not really good betting information.

Leave him alone.

It's not as bad as half the stupid shit that you say.

zY|
05-04-2010, 11:26 PM

Leave him alone.

It's not as bad as half the stupid shit that you say.

Fuck you fatass, I was trying to be helpful.

You're just mad about some shit I said in another thread. Woman. ::thumbup::

poopoo333
05-04-2010, 11:33 PM
I think Tuchsherererererere has value as a dog, Schaub had problems against wrestlers in the house. He was being dominated by Madsen before Madsen got KOd.

I will most likely be taking Carwin because he has a legit shot, but I was all for Brock in this fight before Carwin/Mir. It made me think of lots of possibilities in this fight.
The Grove/Reljic fight is probably a loser leaves town match, I think it is finally time to see Grove go, it seems like the UFC has been trying to do this for awhile. Matt Brown/Lytle will be a slugfest, anybody can win. I like Bonnar to win the rematch. I am going to be picking Silva out of fanboyness.

Those are my picks so far!

SPX
05-04-2010, 11:38 PM
The Grove/Reljic fight is probably a loser leaves town match, I think it is finally time to see Grove go, it seems like the UFC has been trying to do this for awhile. Matt Br

Grove is on a 1 fight losing streak. There are plenty of fighters who have gone on 3 fight losing streaks and survived in the UFC.

poopoo333
05-04-2010, 11:44 PM
The Grove/Reljic fight is probably a loser leaves town match, I think it is finally time to see Grove go, it seems like the UFC has been trying to do this for awhile. Matt Br

Grove is on a 1 fight losing streak. There are plenty of fighters who have gone on 3 fight losing streaks and survived in the UFC.

He openly said he was going to be cut if he lost to Jason Day at UFC 96. Then he lost to Almeida, and if he lost to Rosholt I am pretty sure he would have been cut.

SPX
05-04-2010, 11:46 PM
He openly said he was going to be cut if he lost to Jason Day at UFC 96. Then he lost to Almeida, and if he lost to Rosholt I am pretty sure he would have been cut.

Yeah, but you said that YOU think it's time for him to go. And I'm saying that that doesn't make any sense.

poopoo333
05-04-2010, 11:47 PM
Also, those 3 fight losing streak guys are fan favorite, TUF, marketable guys: Bonnar, Jardine, Ortiz (hasn't won since 2006), and who else?

zY|
05-04-2010, 11:48 PM
He's a TUF winner.

They might cut him if he loses but I wouldn't count on it.

poopoo333
05-04-2010, 11:48 PM

Yeah, but you said that YOU think it's time for him to go. And I'm saying that that doesn't make any sense.

No, I meant that IF the UFC intends on cutting the loser of this fight, I think it will be his time to go...because I think he will lose.

SPX
05-04-2010, 11:51 PM
Also, those 3 fight losing streak guys are fan favorite, TUF, marketable guys: Bonnar, Jardine, Ortiz (hasn't won since 2006), and who else?

Well as zY mentioned, Grove is a TUF winner.

Also, not sure how marketable Bonnar is.

zY|
05-04-2010, 11:54 PM
I think the only TUF winner to be cut so far is Travis Lutter. And not only was that TUF different consisting of only veteran fighters, but he fucked up BIG TIME in both his fights after the show.

Ludo
05-05-2010, 01:42 AM
How could Reljic be on the chopping block after being a HUGE prospect before almost having his career ended after the Gouveia fight(which he won)? The only reason he lost to CB Dolloway was the near 2 year layoff. Grove won't get cut, he's still a great measuring stick for the division(if you can't beat Grove your nowhere near title contention). He's still young but doesn't seem to be improving, yet his skillset is that which can give anyone problems on the right night. Neither of these guys is getting cut any time soon.

Ludo
05-05-2010, 01:59 AM
And while it's a blanket statement, British fighters(as long as they've been fighting in MMA) have NEVER had uniformly good wrestling. Brits are brawlers by definition, they love to strike, they love to scrap, they love to stand and bang and win by being the tougher fighter in an exchange. Are there exceptions to the rule? Sure, Michael Bispings wrestling is better than your average brit's, but it's still sub par compared to basically ANY american wrestler with a Division 2 pedigree or better.

Wrestling is just not ingrained into the British culture like it is here in America. We form wrestling teams in highschool, they form boxing and kickboxing teams in highschool. Wrestling is simply not important in the UK. Thus they don't learn much of it if they don't venture out.

SPX was right though, it wasn't nearly as off the mark as some of the stupid shit you say zY. Why just tonight you said Forrest Griffin and Jason Brilz were near the same level... His biggest win is over Tim Boetsch for christs sakes. I'll take a close 5 round decision win over Rampage above a 3 round unanimous decision over Boetsch any day of the week and twice on sunday.

Mr. IWS
05-05-2010, 08:37 AM
Welcome edman! Always good to see a BJ fan in the mix.

Im coming around a bit on Carwin myself, but in the end, I dont think my balls are big enough to put money on him.

zY|
05-05-2010, 11:25 AM
And while it's a blanket statement, British fighters(as long as they've been fighting in MMA) have NEVER had uniformly good wrestling. Brits are brawlers by definition, they love to strike, they love to scrap, they love to stand and bang and win by being the tougher fighter in an exchange. Are there exceptions to the rule? Sure, Michael Bispings wrestling is better than your average brit's, but it's still sub par compared to basically ANY american wrestler with a Division 2 pedigree or better.

Wrestling is just not ingrained into the British culture like it is here in America. We form wrestling teams in highschool, they form boxing and kickboxing teams in highschool. Wrestling is simply not important in the UK. Thus they don't learn much of it if they don't venture out.

SPX was right though, it wasn't nearly as off the mark as some of the stupid shit you say zY. Why just tonight you said Forrest Griffin and Jason Brilz were near the same level... His biggest win is over Tim Boetsch for christs sakes. I'll take a close 5 round decision win over Rampage above a 3 round unanimous decision over Boetsch any day of the week and twice on sunday.

Nobody asked you anything. I could say the sky was blue and you'd say it was red. Go back in your hole.

Besides, all I meant is that saying this guy is a wrestler and his opponent is British, therefore he's going to lose even though I don't know who he is seems pretty suspect.

MMA_scientist
05-05-2010, 12:12 PM
Scientists,

For the Tusch fight I think you may be wrong because you don't have to finish a fight to win a fight. Finishing is far from everything..If Tusch can get him on the ground he can hold him there for a while(15 min goes by). I don't know what Tusches chin is like but i remember the nut shots he took from Gonzaga. They were baaad, and he kept going. If his chin is as good as his nuts he might be able to take what shots he has to standing before he gets the fight to the ground and holds Schaub there. Also I read your post about Steroids, off topic here but why do you think Randy Couture has taken them? Because of his ability to compete at his age?

I agree he does not have to finish... but I think as the fight wears on, the likelyhood that Schaub drops his increases. And since I don't think Tuch can finish, the fight will be wearing on. Cardio makes cowards of us all. I don't know what his chin is like either, but I don't trust anyone's chin when we are talking about HWs. They all have KO power.

As for Randy, I was really just trying to annoy everyone. I mean, I do think Randy is on something...

My opinion is just based on logic. What is more likely? That Randy has somehow figured out how to defy biology, and get stronger, faster and better at 47.... or that he is getting some chemical help? It is a lot like Roger Clemens to me. You just don't get better after 40. He was on this fight science show a couple of years ago, and the conclusion of the show was that Randy's body was somehow superhuman, able to pump more oxygen for longer than a human body should. What is more likely? That Randy is super-human, or that the test was flawed? Ockham's Razor.

SPX
05-05-2010, 12:28 PM
My opinion is just based on logic. What is more likely? That Randy has somehow figured out how to defy biology, and get stronger, faster and better at 47.... or that he is getting some chemical help?

But Randy's NOT getting better. He's still a good fighter and still kicking ass, but there has been a noticeable decline just in the past few years since the Sylvia and Gonzaga fights.

MMA_scientist
05-05-2010, 12:47 PM
My opinion is just based on logic. What is more likely? That Randy has somehow figured out how to defy biology, and get stronger, faster and better at 47.... or that he is getting some chemical help?

But Randy's NOT getting better. He's still a good fighter and still kicking ass, but there has been a noticeable decline just in the past few years since the Sylvia and Gonzaga fights.

Still, he was what... 44 when he fought Syvia?

Also, I disagree... the evolution of the sport and the level of training and athlete is like inflation. You have to get better (a lot better) just to stay competitive. Staying at ground zero means you are losing ground. To me, the fact that he is still competitive with top guys is enough to say he is getting better. Randy is a cheat, clearly. Look at his gay scarf, it's obvious.

zY|
05-05-2010, 12:54 PM
http://i27.tinypic.com/nwwiua.jpg

Haters gonna hate.

SPX
05-05-2010, 12:58 PM
Also, I disagree... the evolution of the sport and the level of training and athlete is like inflation. You have to get better (a lot better) just to stay competitive. Staying at ground zero means you are losing ground. To me, the fact that he is still competitive with top guys is enough to say he is getting better. Randy is a cheat, clearly. Look at his gay scarf, it's obvious.

That's an interesting point, but let me ask you this:

1. Do you think the Randy of today could beat the Randy of 3 years ago? Is what you're saying? Because I don't.

2. Is Nog also getting better? Seems to everyone else that Nog is declining, but he beat Randy decisively. I think the Randy that fought Sylvia though may very well have won that fight. I don't want to break out the MMAth up in this bitch, but who looked better against Sylvia, Randy or Nog?

MMA_scientist
05-05-2010, 01:21 PM
Styles make fights. Sylvia was a stylistic nightmare for Nog. Nog finished Sylvia, so I am more impressed by that.

I would agree that Randy 2006 would beat Randy 2010 though. At some point, even roids can't save you. He is damn near 50. Its not a magic youth potion... but it does allow his decripit old body to train a lot more than he would otherwise be able to.

Its obviously all conjecture. I just don't believe in magic. Usually when something seems amiss, it is. I am using my detective skills to opine that Randy has problems. I don't trust this dude at all.

SPX
05-05-2010, 01:27 PM
Fair enough.

But I have a lot more posts than you. So I'm obviously right.

zY|
05-05-2010, 01:28 PM
^^can't argue with that, white belt

MMA_scientist
05-05-2010, 01:32 PM
Yeah but you are part of the establishment now. I am a customer. The customer is always right.

Plus, You have admit that if Randy was not a great fighter, you would be like what the hell is up with this guy? The tan. The new tattoo and teeth. The 4 wives. The scarves. Its the midlife crisis to end all midlife crises. Now that I think about it, I am so sick of this guy. Add him to my hate list.

zY|
05-05-2010, 01:34 PM
Yeah but you are part of the establishment now. I am a customer. The customer is always right.

Plus, You have admit that if Randy was not a great fighter, you would be like what the hell is up with this guy? The tan. The new tattoo and teeth. The 4 wives. The scarves. Its the midlife crisis to end all midlife crises. Now that I think about it, I am so sick of this guy. Add him to my hate list.

I can fox with that.

Add to it his blaze-of-glory retirement tour favorable matchups and gift decisions, and we're really on to something here!

MMA_scientist
05-05-2010, 01:48 PM
I can fox with that.

Add to it his blaze-of-glory retirement tour favorable matchups and gift decisions, and we're really on to something here!

Officially on the James Toney-please humiliate Randy Couture and send him to the annals of mma shame forever and then let Toney fight someone else and get dominated to redeem MMA- war wagon.

SPX
05-05-2010, 01:50 PM

Only if you add "Serra is Lord" as your sig.

Sure, but he IS a great fighter. And like I say, it's not like his slow decline has not been obvious. He can still keep up with a lot of younger guys right now but I think that won't be true much longer. I won't completely rule out the possibility that he's doing some shit and it wouldn't just shock me if I found it he was, but I also think he could just be proof of what can happen if someone keeps themself in shape their life. 47 isn't THAT fucking old, after all.

As for the rest of that shit, well hell, he's just living the life. When most other 47 year olds are busy living the domesticated life, he's fucking young blondes, winning fights, and acting in movies with Stallone! Who could blame him?

zY|
05-05-2010, 01:54 PM
[quote="zY|":6dlxyga9] I can fox with that.

Officially on the James Toney-please humiliate Randy Couture and send him to the annals of mma shame forever and then let Toney fight someone else and get dominated to redeem MMA- war wagon.[/quote:6dlxyga9]

Shotgun!

WAR 18-11!!!

SPX
05-05-2010, 01:56 PM
Fuck ya'll.

Couture's the shit.

ManBoobKilla
05-05-2010, 05:13 PM
[quote="zY|":2m5aymbr] I can fox with that.

Officially on the James Toney-please humiliate Randy Couture and send him to the annals of mma shame forever and then let Toney fight someone else and get dominated to redeem MMA- war wagon.[/quote:2m5aymbr]

you would rather that see that bone head Toney win than Couture?!?!!!? Someone who paved the way for the UFC and one of the nicest guys in the sport. Your crazy

SPX
05-05-2010, 05:56 PM
you would rather that see that bone head Toney win than Couture?!?!!!? Someone who paved the way for the UFC and one of the nicest guys in the sport. Your crazy

We've considered requiring psychological evalutions before joining the forum, but we haven't put those in place yet. . .

ManBoobKilla
05-05-2010, 06:52 PM

We've considered requiring psychological evalutions before joining the forum, but we haven't put those in place yet. . .

Haha!! You should get on that.

SPX
05-05-2010, 08:32 PM
Just dropped .5u on Bonnar at +200. Considering the first fight, I think these odds should be much closer.

Luke
05-05-2010, 08:57 PM
[quote="zY|":1ligaby4] I can fox with that.

Officially on the James Toney-please humiliate Randy Couture and send him to the annals of mma shame forever and then let Toney fight someone else and get dominated to redeem MMA- war wagon.

you would rather that see that bone head Toney win than Couture?!?!!!? Someone who paved the way for the UFC and one of the nicest guys in the sport. Your crazy[/quote:1ligaby4]

I'd rather see Toney win

SPX
05-05-2010, 08:58 PM
I'd rather see Toney win

What the hell for? Because you're a boxing fan?

Luke
05-05-2010, 09:10 PM
I'd rather see Toney win

What the hell for? Because you're a boxing fan?

Well duh .You got to much man love for Couture .Dana is trying to hand feed him wins and its pathetic

I'll be honest I laughed my ass off when a 48 year old Mercer beat the former UFC HW champ.

SPX
05-05-2010, 09:11 PM
Well duh .You got to much man love for Couture .Dana is trying to hand feed him wins and its pathetic

I'll be honest I laughed my ass off when a 48 year old Mercer beat the former UFC HW champ.

Toney's been talking all kinds of shit about MMA and, quite frankly, it will look bad for the sport if he can come in and beat someone like Couture. I don't want to see it and I don't see why anyone else would either.

It would be like a boxing fan wanting to see Silva knock out RJJ in a boxing match.

As for hand feeding him wins, the dude's 47 years old. He's paid his dues and deserves to just have some fun at the end of his career. It's not like he's going to make a run on the title again.

Luke
05-05-2010, 09:22 PM
Toney's been talking all kinds of shit about MMA and, quite frankly, it will look bad for the sport if he can come in and beat someone like Couture. I don't want to see it and I don't see why anyone else would either.

It would be like a boxing fan wanting to see Silva knock out RJJ in a boxing match.

As for hand feeding him wins, the dude's 47 years old. He's paid his dues and deserves to just have some fun at the end of his career. It's not like he's going to make a run on the title again.

Toney talks shit about everyone and everything thats just the way he is.

I dont agree with the hand feeding though.I know he's old but usually fighters do 1-2 goodbye fights and he signed for what 6 more fights? Sorry but if he has to feed him 6 more boxers or bums thats just sad if you ask me

SPX
05-05-2010, 09:24 PM
I dont agree with the hand feeding though.I know he's old but usually fighters do 1-2 goodbye fights and he signed for what 6 more fights? Sorry but if he has to feed him 6 more boxers or bums thats just sad if you ask me

Well the fight with Coleman was a "legends" fight so that makes sense. Now he's fighting Toney. Toney's gotta fight somebody. Why not Couture? I guess they could've matched Toney up with Kimbo.

Before that it was Lesnar and Nog, so c'mon.

Luke
05-05-2010, 09:32 PM

Well the fight with Coleman was a "legends" fight so that makes sense. Now he's fighting Toney. Toney's gotta fight somebody. Why not Couture? I guess they could've matched Toney up with Kimbo.

Before that it was Lesnar and Nog, so c'mon.

He signed a 6 fight deal after the NOG fight .So Vera was 1 and that was almost to much for him.Then Coleman was #2 .So Toney is #3 .You got to figure Dana will give him 2 more bums to fight for #4 and #5 and then have him fight for the title in his last fight on the contract

I would have made it Toney-Kimbo .I think that fight made more sense .I mean putting Toney up against Couture in his first fight makes about as much sense imo of putting Couture against Toney in a boxing match

SPX
05-05-2010, 09:38 PM
He signed a 6 fight deal after the NOG fight .So Vera was 1 and that was almost to much for him.Then Coleman was #2 .So Toney is #3 .You got to figure Dana will give him 2 more bums to fight for #4 and #5 and then have him fight for the title in his last fight on the contract

Couture was coming off of a loss, so the Vera fight made as much sense as any other fight. That's the fucked up thing about Couture haters. When he gets fights against top guys then you cry foul and then when he gets a fight against a mid-level guy there's still a problem. I mean, what the fuck?

I would have made it Toney-Kimbo .I think that fight made more sense.

Considering that Kimbo is basically a boxer without any pro boxing experience, then that fight would've been lopsided, too. Toney is at least a high level guy within his respective combat sport.

I mean putting Toney up against Couture in his first fight makes about as much sense imo of putting Couture against Toney in a boxing match

You're right on that, but if Toney wants to run his fucking mouth about MMA, then let him fight a real MMA fighter right out of the gate.

Dana's wants to teach him a lesson . . . not build him up.

Luke
05-05-2010, 09:53 PM
Couture was coming off of a loss, so the Vera fight made as much sense as any other fight. That's the fucked up thing about Couture haters. When he gets fights against top guys then you cry foul and then when he gets a fight against a mid-level guy there's still a problem. I mean, what the fuck?

I'm not a Couture hater I actually like the guy I just think its stupid when any fighter is given easy fights time after time when other guys are busting their asses.Remember I was also saying Tito-Liddell 3 was stupid because is was just a set up for Liddell. I mean you got fighters like JDS,Cain,Carwin fighting top contenders for 40k and Couture gets boxers for 350k paychecks.

Considering that Kimbo is basically a boxer without any pro boxing experience, then that fight would've been lopsided, too. Toney is at least a high level guy within his respective combat sport.

Toneys not really a top level fighter at this point .He hasnt looked good in a boxing match in 5 years.Kimbo beat Mercer a boxer.I think Kimbo-Toney would have been great

You're right on that, but if Toney wants to run his fucking mouth about MMA, then let him fight a real MMA fighter right out of the gate.

LOL Toney's just trying to sell tickers .You got to know the guy ::handshake::

zY|
05-05-2010, 10:04 PM
Kimbo would take Toney down immediately and own him on the floor just like Randy should. Watch Kimbo/Mercer. And don't be surprised if he tries the same thing on Meathead.

MMA_scientist
05-05-2010, 10:38 PM
Couture is going to pound Toney out inside 2 minutes. Couture has value. Couture wins this fight 99/100 times.

Don't make me post Art Jimmerson again.

I now hate Randy... and I would laugh if he lost. But he is not going to. It is probably the biggest lock in UFC main event history.

poopoo333
05-06-2010, 10:58 AM
http://www.bestfightodds.com/events/265.png (http://www.bestfightodds.com)

Luke
05-06-2010, 12:56 PM
Hell I was going to take Schaub since the way people talked I figured it was going to be a close line but at -300 forget it

Luke
05-06-2010, 01:14 PM
Jacob Volkmann vs. Paul Kelly

poopoo333
05-06-2010, 01:33 PM
Jacob Volkmann vs. Paul Kelly

I'll be on Volkmann.

SPX
05-06-2010, 01:39 PM
Hell I was going to take Schaub since the way people talked I figured it was going to be a close line but at -300 forget it

There might actually be some value in Tuch with this one.

ManBoobKilla
05-06-2010, 01:59 PM
all those underdogs look really good. My first instinct was Akiyama over silva, Carwin over Lesnar and grove over Reljic. I also think that tuchsherer and Bonnar have really good shots at winning.

Ludo
05-06-2010, 02:10 PM
Bonnar was getting his ass handed to him before the cut happened. He won't get that far into the fight this time around I don't think. Akiyama really has a good shot to win this. His skillset is exactly the kind of skillset one might need to beat Wanderlei. A great chin, good footwork, excellent judo. That said I think Wanderlei wins this fight because he just seems to have the answer for japanese(or in this case korean) fighters. I am considering taking Grove over Reljic, I think ring rust will continue to be a factor here for Reljic , not to mention it's hard to train for Grove because of his length.

MMA_scientist
05-06-2010, 03:09 PM
I liek Reljic at those odds. 2u on Reljic @ -140. I don't see an out for Grove. He is going to get lit up standing and if he takes it to the ground, he wont be able to finish.

Svino
05-07-2010, 12:38 AM
I think Soszynski is a good bet. I like to bet fights I've already seen, and it's hard to go wrong betting against Stephan Bonnar.

I don't suppose anyone has a link to a video of the Hague / Tuscherer fight? I never saw it and I can't find it anywhere.

Mr. IWS
05-07-2010, 09:17 AM
I don't suppose anyone has a link to a video of the Hague / Tuscherer fight? I never saw it and I can't find it anywhere.

I came up empty on this one.

MMA_scientist
05-07-2010, 09:20 AM
I sawi t at some point, but can't find it now. Hague won. The judges screwed him. But it was a sloppy gas fest. Very similar to the Conrad fight last night. Some takedowns by Tuch before the gas went. Then a lot of one punch combos.

zY|
05-07-2010, 10:44 AM
I've got it on my hard drive if anyone really wants it. Absolutely dreadful fight.

Svino
05-07-2010, 08:36 PM
I've got it on my hard drive if anyone really wants it. Absolutely dreadful fight.

Nah, that's OK. Thanks for checking, guys.

I like to bet wrestlers, and Tuscherer has a good record. I just... haven't actually seen him look good.

poopoo333
05-11-2010, 12:23 PM
I was going to put a small bet on Tushcerherererererererererer over Schaub because of the whole wrestling thing, but fuck that. I just watched the Hague fight for the first time and TUshererererer is horrible. Even if he can take Schaub down and control him he will gas out anyways. Schaub is athletic enough to stay competitive and outwork him. Tucsherererer's striking sucks too. Even in the first round before gassing he seemed to have the technique of Marius Pudzianowski. If Schaub gets down to -325 or better I will take him.

Thewiseman
05-16-2010, 02:47 PM
Thinking of 2u on Carwin.

poopoo333
05-17-2010, 11:23 PM
Sotiropoulos/Pellegrino...any input?

SPX
05-17-2010, 11:29 PM

Wow, really?

Hmm. . .

This one comes down to whose wrestling is better. I'd say Pelegrino has what it takes to win this one but at decent underdog odds George is not a bad bet at all. He owned Joe Stevenson in a big way.

Thewiseman
05-18-2010, 07:46 AM

Wow, really?

Hmm. . .

This one comes down to whose wrestling is better. I'd say Pelegrino has what it takes to win this one but at decent underdog odds George is not a bad bet at all. He owned Joe Stevenson in a big way.
I'll take George all the way to -250

SPX
05-18-2010, 08:59 AM

Dude, that's crack head crazy. Batman is no fucking joke.

So you think George wins this fight ~72% of the time?

MMA_scientist
05-18-2010, 09:22 AM
I still don't buy Sotoripoulos. I think Stevenson just didn't show up. I am not betting it, but if I were, I would be on Pelligrino. Actually, I will probably be on Pelligrino @ +150

Thewiseman
05-18-2010, 05:02 PM

Dude, that's crack head crazy. Batman is no fucking joke.

So you think George wins this fight ~72% of the time?
Yes, I do. He wins on the feet and the ground. If he is on top, Batman is in trouble. Off his back, George can tie him up with rubber guard. Pelligrinos only way I see to win is a top control decision, maybe he will catch George in something but unlikely. Sotiropoulos will sub him in the 2nd round I think, RNC.
However, I dont think he will be -250, probably -140 or so.
Damn, I always get called crazy for my picks on these forums.

SPX
05-18-2010, 06:55 PM
Yes, I do. He wins on the feet and the ground. If he is on top, Batman is in trouble. Off his back, George can tie him up with rubber guard. Pelligrinos only way I see to win is a top control decision, maybe he will catch George in something but unlikely. Sotiropoulos will sub him in the 2nd round I think, RNC.

He's going to OUTSTRIKE Pellegrino? That I highly doubt. If it stays on the feet, Kurt wins by decision, I believe. His striking has improved quite a bit in the past several fights, which is to be expected as he's training with Kenflo.

George does not have impressive striking. He has impressive grappling.

Thewiseman
05-18-2010, 09:24 PM

He's going to OUTSTRIKE Pellegrino? That I highly doubt. If it stays on the feet, Kurt wins by decision, I believe. His striking has improved quite a bit in the past several fights, which is to be expected as he's training with Kenflo.

George does not have impressive striking. He has impressive grappling.
Ok, maybe the striking will be close, but Sotiropoulos did outstrike Stevenson.

triathlete
05-19-2010, 10:45 PM
Anyone considering going to this fight? July 3rd is my birthday and I have tickets to the fight... was going to sell them, but I can be coerced to keep them and go to Vegas . . .

poopoo333
05-29-2010, 04:08 PM
Schaub is @-320. I think he is going to win easily.

Luke
06-04-2010, 01:36 PM
Carwin Won't Make Any Media Appearances Before UFC 116 Fight With Brock Lesnar

Yesterday on Twitter, Shane Carwin made a startling announcement:

[quote:1j8tqiuj]FYI I am not doing any media this month. If you have questions go to www.shane-carwin.com (http://www.shane-carwin.com) and you can post them in the forum thanks

A no media declaration is almost unprecedented. You've all seen the standard protocol before each event. Dozens of cookie cutter interviews, generally conducted by inept reporters, with the same bored fighters giving the same answers to the same lame questions. Count Carwin out.

One of the most engaged fighters in the MMA community, Carwin intends to stay active on Twitter and on his website. In those venues, interaction is pressure free. There are no reporters looking to generate a story and no risk of saying the wrong thing and creating a media stir.

MMA at the highest level is a battle of inches. Every tiny advantage matters and Carwin intends to put himself in the best position to win. He knows Lesnar will do no extraneous media. Despite being paid millions to fight, the champion will decline all interviews that aren't mandatory. It's just expected at this point that a media request for Lesnar will be denied. Why should Carwin spend an hour talking to me for Bloodyelbow.com when Lesnar will spend that time training or relaxing?

The champion has an obligation to promote the fight. Not only is he the sport's biggest star, he is also among its highest paid fighters. If UFC 116 is a mega success, Lesnar will benefit by taking home a sizable PPV percentage. For Carwin, it's the same $50,000 check whether the show draws 2 million PPV buys or 200. With no financial incentive to play ball, I understand his priorities. It just makes sense to be the best he can be when he steps into the cage with the behemoth.[/quote:1j8tqiuj]

dont blame Carwin one bit

MMA_scientist
06-04-2010, 01:45 PM
1u on Carwin

SPX
06-04-2010, 01:56 PM
Interesting.

I would actually think that Carwin might still be new enough to the spotlight that he would still be in the phase of things where he likes the attention.

Mr. IWS
06-04-2010, 02:11 PM
Dana wont like that.

Luke
06-04-2010, 05:28 PM
Dana wont like that.

No not one bit .He's probably now praying Lesnar wins

zY|
06-04-2010, 05:34 PM
Well Carwin still does about 10x more media with his website and twitter than Lesnar even thinks about doing.

Luke
06-04-2010, 07:28 PM
Well Carwin still does about 10x more media with his website and twitter than Lesnar even thinks about doing.

Probably but for 50k I wouldnt be Dana's puppet either .

zY|
06-04-2010, 07:51 PM
I'm sure he'll be getting a PPV cut as well.

Luke
06-04-2010, 08:24 PM
I'm sure he'll be getting a PPV cut as well.

Obv you didnt read the article

The champion has an obligation to promote the fight. Not only is he the sport's biggest star, he is also among its highest paid fighters. If UFC 116 is a mega success, Lesnar will benefit by taking home a sizable PPV percentage. For Carwin, it's the same $50,000 check whether the show draws 2 million PPV buys or 200. With no financial incentive to play ball, I understand his priorities

zY|
06-04-2010, 09:43 PM
Oh well if Jonathan snowden said so. Look I take everything from bloody elbow with a grain of salt and that guy writes shit articles all the time. He lists no source and just says 'i'm an insider so I know'. Details are sketchy on how ppv cuts work and that's how zuffa likes it. Snowden even has a follow up article that says all main eventers get huge bonuses. So he can't even get his shit straight in the same day. Pardon me for being skeptical. I'm pretty sure main eventers are well taken care of.

Luke
06-04-2010, 10:05 PM
Oh well if Jonathan snowden said so. Look I take everything from bloody elbow with a grain of salt and that guy writes shit articles all the time. He lists no source and just says 'i'm an insider so I know'. Details are sketchy on how ppv cuts work and that's how zuffa likes it. Snowden even has a follow up article that says all main eventers get huge bonuses. So he can't even get his shit straight in the same day. Pardon me for being skeptical. I'm pretty sure main eventers are well taken care of.

Considering Carwin said he wasnt doing any promoting he sure sounds like he isnt getting any PPV %. If he was he'd be out promoting trying to get sales.He obv doesnt care who buys the event and to me it seems he's upset with his payday.

Yeah they are WELL taken care of .A 50,000 payday for a HW title fight is more than generous lol . In boxing a number #2 or #3 ranked HW would be getting 3-5 million to fight the HW champ plus PPV sales so yeah 50k is being taken care of .The only thing the UFC takes care of is Dana's and the Zuffa's pockets

SPX
06-04-2010, 10:20 PM
$50K is pretty weak, even by MMA standards. So I will say that for sure. If Carwin wins the belt though, he will no doubt be getting a better deal on his contract next time around.

zY|
06-04-2010, 10:23 PM
No source, Luke. Agree to disagree.

poopoo333
06-04-2010, 11:56 PM
So far:
2.5u Carwin @ +165
3.3u Schaub @ -330

Is Wandy going to win? Sexyama is coming off a year lay off.

ManBoobKilla
06-05-2010, 01:13 PM
So far:
2.5u Carwin @ +165
3.3u Schaub @ -330

Is Wandy going to win? Sexyama is coming off a year lay off.

I really think that this is sexyama's fight to lose. I think that if he just keeps this on the feet the whole time and strikes with silva, then silva will win a UD because of silva pushing the pace and his aggression. If sexyama uses his judo and BJJ he can definatly win this fight though. Im leaning towards sexy right now

Luke
06-06-2010, 05:00 PM
$50K is pretty weak, even by MMA standards. So I will say that for sure. If Carwin wins the belt though, he will no doubt be getting a better deal on his contract next time around.

Pretty weak? Its a complete joke imo. Had Dana came to me with a contract for 50k to fight for the HW title I would have told him shove it .

Last night Cotto got 2 million dollars for his fight on HBO ,2 MILLION and it wasnt even a PPV.

Carwin gets 50k to fight on PPV lol. I find it funny that Dana has any fighters that want to fight in the UFC.

Last event(UFC 114) had 700k in buys and a $3.9 million dollar gate .Thats 39 million dollars and they had a payroll of 1.4 million ::thumbdown::

Mr. IWS
06-07-2010, 08:47 AM
To be honest though, these guy can bitch and complain all they want, but they need to band together and form some kind of union. I dont think it will ever happen, being that fighting is such an indivdualized sport, but I its the only way to force the UFC's hand.

SPX
06-07-2010, 11:06 AM
Pretty weak? Its a complete joke imo. Had Dana came to me with a contract for 50k to fight for the HW title I would have told him shove it . ::

I'm sure Carwin's still under the stipulations of an old contract. I don't know of any provisions that say the UFC renegotiates contracts in the event of a title fight. He will no doubt get a better deal next time around, though.

Also, I don't really see the deal with it being an HW fight. Other divisions are just as popular as the HW right now. This isn't boxing in 1992. I mean, I don't think Dan Hardy got a boatload of money to fight GSP, but there wasn't a lot of uproar about it.

Last night Cotto got 2 million dollars for his fight on HBO ,2 MILLION and it wasnt even a PPV.

Carwin gets 50k to fight on PPV lol. I find it funny that Dana has any fighters that want to fight in the UFC.

Last event(UFC 114) had 700k in buys and a $3.9 million dollar gate .Thats 39 million dollars and they had a payroll of 1.4 million ::thumbdown::

It's important to keep in mind that there's a fundamental difference in the way that boxing matches and MMA events are promoted. While I do agree that the UFC needs to pay their fighters more, I don't think it's fair to expect any MMA org to payout like boxing does. They just can't.

Luke
06-07-2010, 02:15 PM
To be honest though, these guy can bitch and complain all they want, but they need to band together and form some kind of union. I dont think it will ever happen, being that fighting is such an indivdualized sport, but I its the only way to force the UFC's hand.

100% agree .

I want to see the day where GSP fights Silva and they are both making 10 million for the fight

Luke
06-10-2010, 01:49 PM
George Sotiropoulos -180

Kurt Pellegrino +150

poopoo333
06-10-2010, 02:02 PM
That should change soon.

Luke
06-10-2010, 02:18 PM
That should change soon.

How so?

Thewiseman
06-10-2010, 02:32 PM
George Sotiropoulos -180

Kurt Pellegrino +150

Where at??

Luke
06-10-2010, 05:20 PM
George Sotiropoulos -180

Kurt Pellegrino +150

Where at??

The secret mma sportsbooks in Las Vegas ,that is all I can say ::handshake::

poopoo333
06-10-2010, 11:43 PM
That should change soon.

How so?

I think money will come in on Pellegrino.

Luke
06-10-2010, 11:53 PM
That should change soon.

How so?

I think money will come in on Pellegrino.

oh got ya

triathlete
06-11-2010, 12:37 AM
I've been absent lately, but I'm headed to Vietnam for two weeks starting tomorrow. Going to miss the fights Saturday :(

I had this bright idea to buy some UFC 116 tickets and sell them for investment purposes. It worked for UFC 100... but now no one has bitten... so if you're interested in going and want tickets... let me know ASAP. $200 bucks... it's what I paid for them.

Luke
06-11-2010, 01:00 AM
I've been absent lately, but I'm headed to Vietnam for two weeks starting tomorrow. Going to miss the fights Saturday :(

I had this bright idea to buy some UFC 116 tickets and sell them for investment purposes. It worked for UFC 100... but now no one has bitten... so if you're interested in going and want tickets... let me know ASAP. $200 bucks... it's what I paid for them.

Vietnam? why gods name you going there?

triathlete
06-11-2010, 08:37 AM
Wife's family is from central Vietnam. Going to visit her grandparents, who have a few years left in them. It'll be, odd. I am from North Dakota originally, so this is going to be a bit of culture shock for me :)

Mr. IWS
06-11-2010, 08:45 AM
so this is going to be a bit of culture shock for me :)

LOL, I think thats a bit of an understatment. Have a safe one bro.

Ludo
06-12-2010, 01:27 PM
Whatever you do, do not, I repeat do NOT refuse to eat something thats cooked for you. They take that shit as serious insult.

Luke
06-12-2010, 02:00 PM
Whatever you do, do not, I repeat do NOT refuse to eat something thats cooked for you. They take that shit as serious insult.

Even if it still has its eyes and hair still on it?

SPX
06-12-2010, 03:24 PM

This is where I would have serious problems. I'm an extremely picky eater and usually just stick to what I know I like.

Svino
06-12-2010, 03:40 PM

This is where I would have serious problems.

Me too. One of my pet peeves is when anyone else acts like it's any of their business what I choose to ingest into my own body.

AC88
06-12-2010, 06:47 PM
I'm definitely on Carwin for now.

edman5555
06-13-2010, 01:00 AM
Carwin is going to cock kick lesnar in the head. TKo via Long dong silver.

Ludo
06-13-2010, 02:39 AM
2u to win 1u on Lesnar
1.7u to win 1u on Viking Dahmer

poopoo333
06-14-2010, 10:22 PM
Brendan Schaub is going to demolish Chris Tuscherer.

MMA_scientist
06-14-2010, 11:12 PM
I think Carwin will win. As I think through it, Lesnar really hasn't done anything too impressive. He took Heath Herring to a decision, but Jake Obrien did that too. He pounded out Randy and Mir, that's it. Definitely hasn't earned his hype train yet.

zY|
06-14-2010, 11:17 PM
They're both totally green. Their best win is the same guy.

SPX
06-14-2010, 11:20 PM
I think Carwin will win. As I think through it, Lesnar really hasn't done anything too impressive. He took Heath Herring to a decision, but Jake Obrien did that too. He pounded out Randy and Mir, that's it. Definitely hasn't earned his hype train yet.

While I'm leaning toward Carwin too, I'm going to play the Devil's Advocate here:

For one, you can't really compare O'Brien's performance to Brock's. O'Brien wrestlefucked Herring for three rounds. Brock brutalized him.

Second, you could argue that all Carwin has really done is beat Gonzaga, who loses to EVERY top fighter he fights, and beat Mir, which Brock has already done.

Luke
06-14-2010, 11:22 PM
Lesnar wins .The line is dropping if it gets to -150 I'll be on Lesnar

SPX
06-14-2010, 11:26 PM

::thumbdown::

poopoo333
06-14-2010, 11:30 PM

While I'm leaning toward Carwin too, I'm going to play the Devil's Advocate here:

For one, you can't really compare O'Brien's performance to Brock's. O'Brien wrestlefucked Herring for three rounds. Brock brutalized him.

Second, you could argue that all Carwin has really done is beat Gonzaga, who loses to EVERY top fighter he fights, and beat Mir, which Brock has already done.

I didn't see the O'Brien fight, but Brock wrestlefucked Herring as well after that initial punch that dropped Herring.

Luke
06-14-2010, 11:31 PM

::thumbdown::

Ok maybe I'll wait till -149 since SPX doesnt approve

zY|
06-14-2010, 11:32 PM
I'm actually pretty torn. I mean they're pretty much the same guy. Both are essentially undefeated for our purposes. (Carwin certainly won't be footlocking Brock so who cares)

SPX
06-14-2010, 11:36 PM
I didn't see the O'Brien fight, but Brock wrestlefucked Herring as well after that initial punch that dropped Herring.

If you go watch the O'Brien fight then you'll see the difference. Herring walked away without a scratch from that fight. But he was so fucked up after he fought Brock that he STILL hasn't made it back into the Octagon.

AC88
06-14-2010, 11:53 PM

If you go watch the O'Brien fight then you'll see the difference. Herring walked away without a scratch from that fight. But he was so fucked up after he fought Brock that he STILL hasn't made it back into the Octagon.

Btw SPX, did you see those knees Brock threw at Herring in the clinch? You gotta check it out dude. When I noticed how much effect they had I seriously had to watch it over a few times just cuz I couldn't believe the impact they had.

SPX
06-14-2010, 11:55 PM
Btw SPX, did you see those knees Brock threw at Herring in the clinch? You gotta check it out dude. When I noticed how much effect they had I seriously had to watch it over a few times just cuz I couldn't believe the impact they had.

I do not. I will have to go back and watch it again.

I do remember a knee he hit Randy with though, that shook the hell out him.

AC88
06-15-2010, 12:22 AM

I do not. I will have to go back and watch it again.

I do remember a knee he hit Randy with though, that shook the hell out him.

It was in the 2nd round about 40 seconds left in the round. Liver explosion!I wouldn't be surprised if Herring suffered internal damage from that.

SPX
06-15-2010, 12:26 AM
It was in the 2nd round about 40 seconds left in the round. Liver explosion!I wouldn't be surprised if Herring suffered internal damage from that.

I think Herring suffered a lot of damage from that fight. I know for a fact that his orbital was broken in a serious way.

I don't think it's a coincidence that we haven't seen him back. I know he's been bitching about money, and he's been doing some movies, but the fact that he got a brutal ass beating has to be in his mind as well.

AC88
06-15-2010, 12:29 AM

I think Herring suffered a lot of damage from that fight. I know for a fact that his orbital was broken in a serious way.

I don't think it's a coincidence that we haven't seen him back. I know he's been bitching about money, and he's been doing some movies, but the fact that he got a brutal ass beating has to be in his mind as well.

His orbital was demolished. Looked like a fried egg.

SPX
06-15-2010, 12:34 AM
His orbital was demolished. Looked like a fried egg.

That's the kind of shit that scares me away from full-contact combat sports.

Svino
06-15-2010, 12:35 AM
I'm also having a hard time calling Lesnar / Carwin. I don't care about their short fight histories, I feel like I've seen plenty to know that both of these guys are crazy-dangerous fighters who deserve to be where they are. I suppose Carwin does have a question mark on his cardio. (I laughed when someone pointed out to me that Pudz has logged more fight time than Carwin.) I probably favor Brock a little. I think he's more likely to get the takedowns,and I could see his reach and speed being the deciding factor. Then again, it might not take much more than one good bomb from Carwin to end it. Also, Carwin might possibly have luck with Randy's fencepress strategy, that worked for him against MIr. It would allow him to negate the reach and movement of Brock on the feet and play to his strength of generating power in a short distance.

SPX
06-15-2010, 12:39 AM
Also, Carwin might possibly have luck with Randy's fencepress strategy, that worked for him against MIr. It would allow him to negate the reach and movement of Brock on the feet and play to his strength of generating power in a short distance.

I think if Carwin gets Brock up against the fence then it's over.

AC88
06-15-2010, 12:42 AM
I think if Brock shows up to fight Carwin period, his reign over HW is over.

AC88
06-15-2010, 12:59 AM
^^ which is why I'm putting down some solid units on Carwin

SPX
06-15-2010, 01:28 AM

I was happy to get Carwin at +170, I'll say that much.

Luke
06-15-2010, 01:44 AM
That's the kind of shit that scares me away from full-contact combat sports.

Dont be a wuss SPX

SPX
06-15-2010, 01:52 AM
Dont be a wuss SPX

I don't have insurance.

AC88
06-15-2010, 01:55 AM

I was happy to get Carwin at +170, I'll say that much.

I'm seeing him at +160 right now. ::thumbup::

Luke
06-15-2010, 02:01 AM
I don't have insurance.

Oh ,then be fucking careful then .

Mr. IWS
06-15-2010, 08:31 AM
LES-KNAR!

MMA_scientist
06-15-2010, 09:59 AM
I will say this, Lesnar is not going to be able to ride Carwin. Carwin might not be as good a wrestler as Brock, but he is good enough to not get ridded for a long time. If Carwin gets battered on the mat, it is because he made a tactical mistake and tried to go to guard of something. If he gives his back and stands up, like I think all HW's should, he won't be getting held down for long.

Throw in Brock's lay off, illness, and stupid haircut, and I am starting to like Carwin more and more.

Brock's major path to victory should be blocked here. The only issue is that Carwin could easily run out of gas trying to stand up and escape the clinch.

Still @ + odds, I am on it.

SPX
06-15-2010, 11:02 AM
The only issue is that Carwin could easily run out of gas trying to stand up and escape the clinch.

Carwin's cardio is my biggest concern. We have no idea if he can fight past the first round without huffing and puffing.

AC88
06-15-2010, 01:24 PM
The only issue is that Carwin could easily run out of gas trying to stand up and escape the clinch.

Carwin's cardio is my biggest concern. We have no idea if he can fight past the first round without huffing and puffing.

5th round is his best round!

... according to some UFC countdown from a long time ago

Ludo
06-15-2010, 02:11 PM
At the same time though Carwins path to victory is blocked as well. Lesnar isn't stupid. As shown in the second Mir fight he does know how to train for an opponent's skill set. Also, Lesnar doesn't have as big a reach as many people think. The flaw in the 84" span comes in the system in which they use to measure it. They do a total wingspan measure for some stupid reason in MMA instead of armpit to knuckles like they should(since thats the part that matters). Anyway, they go across the chest from hand to hand. Because Lesnar has the chest of Mr Universe it skews the numbers a little bit. However what we do know is Lesnar can also throw a hell of a straight right. Carwin got wobbled and rocked by two right hands from Gonzaga, I'm pretty Sure Lesnar could rock him and take him down in the same fashion. That being said I think Lesnar will look to clinch him up and transition to a takedown that way.

AC88
06-15-2010, 04:37 PM
Brock is still hyped too much IMO, and that's why he's getting favorite odds. Without his hype, the odds would be much more even and I think having Shane at over +150 is a steal. He will show everyone why he is undefeated and why he will stay undefeated after this fight.

Luke
06-17-2010, 01:29 PM
Forrest Petz Replaces Julio Paulino, To Face Daniel Roberts

SPX
06-17-2010, 06:00 PM

Who replaces who?

Mr. IWS
06-17-2010, 06:02 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^LOL

zY|
06-17-2010, 08:31 PM

Who replaces who?

Noob alert.

Forrest Petz/Sammy Morgan is the answer to a UFC trivia question.

Ludo
06-17-2010, 10:13 PM
So is Scott Ferrozzo

poopoo333
06-17-2010, 10:15 PM
Lytle/Brown, who takes it?

Ludo
06-17-2010, 10:19 PM
Brown can't strike with Lytle but he has a much better ground game. If he can take Lytle down(which I believe he can, since Lytle has a tendency to over-commit to strikes at times) then he should be able to sub him after some position battling, or ride out a decision.

zY|
06-17-2010, 10:23 PM
Brown can't strike with Lytle but he has a much better ground game. If he can take Lytle down(which I believe he can, since Lytle has a tendency to over-commit to strikes at times) then he should be able to sub him after some position battling, or ride out a decision.

Matt Brown is going to sub Chris Lytle? What the fuck are you smoking?

MMA_scientist
06-17-2010, 10:29 PM

Matt Brown is going to sub Chris Lytle? What the fuck are you smoking?

have to agree. Lytle has a better ground game than Brown. Brown might be able to get top position, but he won't be able to do anything to Lytle. Lytle is a bjj blackbelt, did you see that kneebar he whipped out in his last fight?

he might win a decision, but I guarantee he wont pass Lytle's guard.

AC88
06-17-2010, 10:39 PM
Lytle/Brown is not an easy one for me to call after Brown lost me money on his fight against Almeida. Granted, Almeida is much ahead of Lytle in the grappling deparment, but Lytle's striking makes up for it. That said, I think Brown can pick Lytle apart standing, especially with his muay thai, and do fine on the ground. I'm feeling like Brown should get my bet but I think I'll just wait out til we get closer to the fights.

SPX
06-17-2010, 11:02 PM
Noob alert.

WHO?!

zY|
06-17-2010, 11:03 PM
Noob alert.

WHO?!

One judge scored the fight 30-23 for Petz, making it the most lopsided in UFC history.

SPX
06-17-2010, 11:03 PM
I'm going with Lytle on this one for reasons already stated.

Sucks Brown is probably going 0-2.

SPX
06-17-2010, 11:04 PM
One judge scored the fight 30-23 for Petz, making it the most lopsided in UFC history.

Was this a TUF fight?

zY|
06-17-2010, 11:05 PM
fight night

SPX
06-17-2010, 11:05 PM
fight night

Yeah, I missed that one.

Luke
06-21-2010, 03:37 PM
Lesnar down to -165 .When it gets to -150 I'm taking the big ,dumb animal

zY|
06-21-2010, 03:38 PM
BTW, Lytle already fought Brown 3 years ago and subbed him. I rest my case.

Thewiseman
06-22-2010, 06:18 PM
Wanderlei out of 116, Leben replaces him.

AC88
06-22-2010, 06:20 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WANDY TRAINED TOO HARD.

SPX
06-22-2010, 06:23 PM
Jesus Christ.

Are we ever going to see that fight?

AC88
06-22-2010, 06:28 PM
Winner of Leben/Akiyama vs Wandy

zY|
06-22-2010, 06:37 PM
GAY

Luke
06-22-2010, 10:11 PM

Not very smart imo ,fighting exactly two weeks after your previous fight.

zY|
06-22-2010, 10:52 PM

Not very smart imo ,fighting exactly two weeks after your previous fight.

Company man

SPX
06-22-2010, 11:01 PM
They probably expect Leben to lose and are okay with that. Leben just got two wins in a row, one of which was over a guy who was a heavy favorite, so he's safe. And this will give Akiyama another win, which will further build him up for American fans.

Mr. IWS
06-23-2010, 10:13 AM
Man, Im glad he pulled out and didnt fight injured. I was gonna be on Wandy.

poopoo333
06-23-2010, 03:23 PM
http://www.bestfightodds.com/fights/2864.png (http://www.bestfightodds.com)

SPX
06-23-2010, 03:34 PM
^^^ Interesting.

Not taking Akiyama at that price. Leben may be worth a look, though.

Mr. IWS
06-23-2010, 03:35 PM
^^^ Interesting.

Not taking Akiyama at that price. Leben may be worth a look, though.

I agree. I might throw like 20 bucks on him for the hell of it.

zY|
06-23-2010, 03:37 PM
Leben probably gonna end up twitching on the mat again.

Could be worth a small play though.

SPX
06-23-2010, 03:53 PM
It will be interesting to see where the line goes. Before his last fight I think Leben would've been +300, but I think he's starting to get a little hype train going, so I actually think that line is going to get worse for him.

zY|
06-23-2010, 04:12 PM
It will be interesting to see where the line goes. Before his last fight I think Leben would've been +300, but I think he's starting to get a little hype train going, so I actually think that line is going to get worse for him.

It's already gone down a little bit, started at +260.

You're probably right too, which is weird considering he's taking the fight on 12 days notice. I guess he's in shape and not hurt though.

SPX
06-23-2010, 04:15 PM

You're probably right too, which is weird considering he's taking the fight on 12 days notice. I guess he's in shape and not hurt though.

I'm sure you've already seen all the Leben threads on Sherdog. . .

zY|
06-23-2010, 04:19 PM

I'm sure you've already seen all the Leben threads on Sherdog. . .

Good point.

I have a feeling he's gonna get worked pretty bad by Sexyama though.

SPX
06-23-2010, 04:33 PM
I have a feeling he's gonna get worked pretty bad by Sexyama though.

We'll see. I really thought he was going to get worked by Simpson. For all the shit he gets, though, Leben is a good all around guy. He's not the best grappler, but he's not the worst either. And he's not a very technical striker, but he's got big power.

Akiyama is a very good grappler, and definitely a more technical striker, but he's a little undersized for the division.

I'd agree that Akiyama probably takes it, but I don't count Leben out.

SPX
06-23-2010, 04:33 PM
I say if Leben wins then put him against Belcher. That would be a very interesting matchup.

zY|
06-23-2010, 04:38 PM
I say if Leben wins then put him against Belcher. That would be a very interesting matchup.

No no no. If he wins put him against WAND.

SPX
06-23-2010, 04:49 PM
No no no. If he wins put him against WAND.

Hell, put him against both!

MMA_scientist
06-23-2010, 05:04 PM
I actually would love to see Wand vs Leben. Belcher would wreck him standing, so that wouldn't be fun. But Wand has that brawling style too, so should be a decent scrap. Wand would win easily though, IMO.

zY|
06-23-2010, 09:10 PM
According to Akiyama's blog he's not thrilled about fighting Leben.

SPX
06-23-2010, 09:14 PM

Not thrilled why? Because he thinks it's a harder fight or he thinks it's not a prestige fight?

Ludo
06-23-2010, 09:18 PM
Because Lebens takedown defense is better, as is his chin at this point.

zY|
06-23-2010, 09:24 PM

Not thrilled why? Because he thinks it's a harder fight or he thinks it's not a prestige fight?

Dangerous fight with no name attached I would guess.

Lose/lose for him.

SPX
06-23-2010, 09:26 PM

He didn't specify?

zY|
06-23-2010, 09:31 PM

He didn't specify?

http://ameblo.jp/yoshihiro-akiyama

You read Japanese better than I do?

SPX
06-23-2010, 09:45 PM

Well then how did you even know that he doesn't want to fight Leben?

zY|
06-23-2010, 09:50 PM

Well then how did you even know that he doesn't want to fight Leben?

My browser translated it.

sideloaded
06-24-2010, 01:12 AM
3.5u on Brock Lesnar. Though I wouldn't care it he lost.

zY|
06-24-2010, 10:47 AM
Here spx. A link in English. My guess is he's just posturing to get paid.

http://sbnation.com/e/1298148

SPX
06-24-2010, 12:08 PM

Interesting. Thanks for that.

I guess we'll see. Considering the change was announced, I assumed that he had already accepted the fight.

Luke
06-24-2010, 12:19 PM

Personally I wouldnt fight someone new on two weeks notice.So I can see why he's mad

poopoo333
06-24-2010, 01:39 PM
Sexyama @-215....

Luke
06-24-2010, 01:51 PM
Anyone with bodog and 5dimes you can get a arb on the Leben-Akiyama fight right now.

5dimes has Akiyama -215
Bodog has Leben +240

Probably wont last that long

Thewiseman
06-24-2010, 08:04 PM
2.15u to win 1u on Akiyama

poopoo333
06-24-2010, 09:04 PM
Akiyama is @-185 now, what is going on here?! I will probably be on him

Luke
06-24-2010, 09:51 PM
Akiyama is @-185 now, what is going on here?! I will probably be on him

I dont know but I'm almost tempted to open a sportsbook.com account because Leben is +230 there

Bet the 462 to win 250 on Akiyama at 5dimes

Bets 187.5 to win 462 on Leben at sportsbook

and get a free 62.50 bet on Akiyama

edman5555
06-24-2010, 10:20 PM
Who do you guys think will win? I think Akiyama but leven did impress me against Simpson.

edman5555
06-24-2010, 10:30 PM
Hey a good bet im calling is Tuscherer. I just read an article about him from June 19. He's lost 20 pounds from training and focused on improving his cardio. he was 280 before and cutting, now 260. Before he had no training camps, now he is training at brock lesnars camp. He was a two time all american.

Article here.

http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=news.detail&gid=83089

poopoo333
06-24-2010, 11:29 PM
Hey a good bet im calling is Tuscherer. I just read an article about him from June 19. He's lost 20 pounds from training and focused on improving his cardio. he was 280 before and cutting, now 260. Before he had no training camps, now he is training at brock lesnars camp. He was a two time all american.

Article here.

I am pretty sure he has always trained at Brock's camp. I did see Tuscherer in a training vid with Brock recently and he did look a lot leaner then usual but I wasn't sure if it was just my eyes playing tricks on me or not. I am on Schaub right now though, I think he will win.

Mr. IWS
06-25-2010, 08:35 AM

Article here.

Im feeling you on that a bit. i dont know why he is such a big dog in this fight.

poopoo333
06-25-2010, 09:31 AM
Brock is -150 Luke!