PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Off topic thread(basketball,movies,etc whatever)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

Mr. IWS
01-01-2012, 10:41 AM
My back is fuckin killing me

poopoo333
01-01-2012, 11:01 AM
IN 2nd

So 2012 if officially the year of the $40 unit, are we riding together SPX?

I am going to pick 3 underdogs in NFL today to put $50 on each, I have $150 free play from Bookmaker. I wish I could just get that in my balance though

poopoo333
01-01-2012, 12:22 PM
Nevermind, no moneylines allowed for free play. So I am risking $0 to win $100 on Vitor Belfort @ UFC 142. awww shit

Ludo
01-01-2012, 02:13 PM
Happy new year, assholes.

SPX
01-01-2012, 03:29 PM
My back is fuckin killing me

That sucks. What happened?

SPX
01-01-2012, 03:30 PM
So 2012 if officially the year of the $40 unit, are we riding together SPX?

All right . . . $40 . . . let's do it.

SPX
01-01-2012, 03:31 PM
Happy new year, assholes.

Happy New Year.

2012: The year of fun and profit. (I hope.)

SPX
01-01-2012, 03:32 PM
John Leguizamo says Steven Seagal assaulted him on the set of Executive Decision. . .

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/video/accesshollywood-24752910/why-did-steven-seagal-threaten-to-punch-out-john-leguizamo-26837863.html

Ludo
01-01-2012, 04:59 PM
Hey, X, check that thread on MartialTalk. I'm just getting warmed up.

SPX
01-01-2012, 05:21 PM
Fuck yeah, man! That's what I want right there. Good points backed up by good research.

BTW, if you look in the Girls of TKD thread Tez and this other poster went back and forth arguing with each other until eventually one of the mods just locked the thread.

Ludo
01-01-2012, 05:41 PM
Fuck yeah, man! That's what I want right there. Good points backed up by good research.

BTW, if you look in the Girls of TKD thread Tez and this other poster went back and forth arguing with each other until eventually one of the mods just locked the thread.

Thats My ultimate goal, I also want them to sticky this one so everyone can see that homo getting owned.

SPX
01-01-2012, 06:01 PM
Hell yeah. There have already been a couple of replies, BTW.

I'm going to jump in from time to time, but I'm going to be subtle about it, because I want to make sure to keep my account in good standing over there. I've already created two threads that have generated arguing/controversy so I have to play it cool.

Ludo
01-01-2012, 06:24 PM

Still chuggin' along.

Ludo
01-01-2012, 06:26 PM
Hell yeah. There have already been a couple of replies, BTW.

I'm going to jump in from time to time, but I'm going to be subtle about it, because I want to make sure to keep my account in good standing over there. I've already created two threads that have generated arguing/controversy so I have to play it cool.

It's cool. I just don't like how the guy is essentially calling people stupid and then offering no education on the issue. He says if you think Bisping is good then lord help you but doesn't give any names to look into. Fuck that!

SPX
01-01-2012, 06:27 PM
Damn, nigga bringin' that info! I am impressed.

To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if she just doesn't respond because she has no legitimate response.

SPX
01-01-2012, 06:28 PM
It's cool. I just don't like how the guy is essentially calling people stupid and then offering no education on the issue. He says if you think Bisping is good then lord help you but doesn't give any names to look into. Fuck that!

I think Tez is actually a female.

And yes, I agree. Big on talking shit . . . not big on actually providing any evidence for claims.

Ludo
01-01-2012, 06:39 PM
No wonder the grapple-rape thing struck a nerve. You'd think there would be more sympathy for womens combat from a woman who likes combat sports.

SPX
01-01-2012, 06:44 PM
Yeah. There was also a post where I said, "Look, man. . ." and it replied with, "Don't call me man."

Also, there's this post where it seems to be referring to itself as a "she":

http://www.martialtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?100439-Girls-of-TKD&p=1450506#post1450506

Finally, it's avatar is a woman.

So I feel fairly confident it's a female.

Ludo
01-01-2012, 08:20 PM
This shit is almost wrapped up. I give it maybe two more go round's before this bitch goes back to crochet or whatever else british women do.

That'll be fifteen dollars, U.S.

SPX
01-01-2012, 08:33 PM
You really have done a bang up job.

I wish she would just have a total nuclear meltdown and go off on you or something.

I really did wonder if she would even reply to your last post, but I think she's the kind of person who has to have the last word and can't stand to be challenged.

Ludo
01-01-2012, 08:40 PM
You really have done a bang up job.

I wish she would just have a total nuclear meltdown and go off on you or something.

Bitch don't want none.

SPX
01-01-2012, 09:44 PM
Watching Dead or Alive.

Anyone ever seen it?

Ludo
01-01-2012, 09:45 PM
Watching Dead or Alive.

Anyone ever seen it?

Isn't that based off the DoA games?

SPX
01-01-2012, 09:48 PM
Yep. . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHQFZV_dgsU

SPX
01-01-2012, 10:10 PM
Okay, just finished Tekken. I actually kind of liked it. I was expecting much worse.

Bear in mind that, like Tekken, I've never really played the games so I have no attachment to the source material. It didn't matter to me that it was faithful to the game or any of that kind of shit. But I thought it was a fun movie with relatively high production values, decent action, and a healthy dose of unintentional comedy (Eric Roberts brought the lulz).

Also like Tekken, it struck me as a movie that I would've thought was totally awesome when I was 13. And even though I'm older now, I still like movies like that from time to time.

The weird thing, though, is that according to IMDB Tekken had a $35M budget and DOA only had a $21M budget, but I think DOA looks like a much more expensive film.

SPX
01-01-2012, 10:22 PM
Hey PP, you're bored, so go watch Tekken and DOA so we can discuss them.

poopoo333
01-01-2012, 10:40 PM
Hey PP, you're bored, so go watch Tekken and DOA so we can discuss them.

I'm busy beating Ludo in Madden 12 35-7

SPX
01-01-2012, 10:42 PM
Fine, motherfucker! Well consider my invitation rescinded!

SPX
01-01-2012, 11:08 PM
Watching Timecop. Never seen it before. True story.

Ludo
01-02-2012, 12:08 AM
I'm busy beating Ludo in Madden 12 35-7

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WW8Z-GqvEvY

It ended up being much worse, except Jordan got raped like Caol Uno.

poopoo333
01-02-2012, 12:24 AM
^^WTF how do you do that you fucking wanna be asian nerd

Ludo
01-02-2012, 12:26 AM
I have a capture card. Remember when I said I didn't pick My play in time? I was hooking it up to start recording.

SPX
01-02-2012, 12:35 AM
Awesome. . . Pretty sure there is none better. . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IX4r1OpCkPE

SPX
01-02-2012, 12:37 AM
Y'all are some funny fuckers.

I'd try to interpret that video but I genuinely don't understand football.

zY|
01-02-2012, 12:39 AM
poopoo is such a bad azn

Ludo
01-02-2012, 12:40 AM

What don't you understand about it?

zY|
01-02-2012, 12:41 AM

How is this even a thing?

Ludo
01-02-2012, 12:44 AM

http://www.gifsforum.com/images/image/explain%20this%20bullsht/grand/explain_this_bullsht.jpg

SPX
01-02-2012, 01:04 AM
What don't you understand about it?

I don't follow it. I understand the basics, like about a touchdown--meaning one of the big guys runs across the line at the end of the field--being 7 points. But I don't really pay it any attention.

To me, football basically means that a bunch of big motherfuckers line up and look at each other. Then they run into each other. And then a ref blows a whistle and they walk around the field for 2 or 3 minutes. And then they line up and do it again.

If you're lucky one of them might grab the ball and run for several seconds while people in the stands get really excited.

Luke
01-02-2012, 01:07 AM
How can anyone be a 30 year old male in America and not know how football works? The concept is so far-fetched I can't even wrap my mind around it...................mind blown.

SPX
01-02-2012, 01:10 AM
Growing up I never gave a shit about ANY sports.

Now I watch MMA and, occasionally, pro ball. And I like going to a local hockey game, but I don't really follow the sport.

Other than that, I have other shit to do.

Ludo
01-02-2012, 06:51 AM
Clearly that tez is a troll, X. The jig is up but she's just going to keep going round in circles playing the "who, me?" game until whoever she's dealing with just leaves it alone.

edman5555
01-02-2012, 10:57 AM
Awesome. . . Pretty sure there is none better. . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IX4r1OpCkPE

Ninjas on rollerskates. Who ok'd that?

Mr. IWS
01-02-2012, 11:16 AM
That sucks. What happened?

I think I need a new mattress or something. The last couple days, I wake up with a massive back ache.

Vandelay
01-02-2012, 11:43 AM
Try the tempurpedic mattress or whatever one has the wine glass commercial.

Mr. IWS
01-02-2012, 11:49 AM
I think that sleep number one (that may be it) is the one Im gonna get.

Vandelay
01-02-2012, 12:32 PM
i think the memory foam one is the cheap kind. Heard it loses it's elasticity after about a year. The temperpedic one is really expensive.

SPX
01-02-2012, 12:51 PM
Clearly that tez is a troll, X. The jig is up but she's just going to keep going round in circles playing the "who, me?" game until whoever she's dealing with just leaves it alone.

LOL. Indeed.

I see the bitch can't even get my name right. SFX?

So are you throwing in the towel?

SPX
01-02-2012, 12:52 PM
Ninjas on rollerskates. Who ok'd that?

A visionary.

SPX
01-02-2012, 12:52 PM
I think that sleep number one (that may be it) is the one Im gonna get.

That sucks, but I can sympathize. I've been having back problems for about the past 7 years.

Vandelay
01-02-2012, 01:13 PM
nevermind. didn't realize the sleep number one was around 2k. What an absurd amount for a bed.

poopoo333
01-02-2012, 01:28 PM
Dennis Siver Targeting Move to Featherweight

SPX
01-02-2012, 01:55 PM
I dunno about that shit. He's so goddamn muscley.

Ludo
01-02-2012, 05:34 PM
He'll use some holocaust techniques and drop ten pounds.

Ludo
01-02-2012, 05:52 PM
"DeathClutch Gym will stay alive, according to Lesnar manager, Brian Stegeman. Lesnar wishes to continue training to remain athletically fit and helping his training partners grow as fighters. However, he himself has retired from competing in Mixed Martial Arts.

Grappling Tournaments, however, are still something Brock Lesnar has shown interested in according to Mr. Stegeman. Lesnar has been grappling his entire life. One can only assume that a grappling tournament would feel more like home for him than a mixed martial arts fight.

Lesnar feels he would be successful in such tournaments and will use his time in training now as preparation for any future Submission Wrestling/BJJ tournament. Though Lesnar has always trained no-gi Jiu-Jitsu, he is willing to compete in the Mundials (World Jiu-Jitsu Championship) under the black belt level.

The 2013 ADCC Submission Wrestling World Championships is also something Lesnar is considering. Many other wrestlers have had success in this tournament.

Brock Lesnar loves competition, and there is no better competition for him than Submission Wrestling."

zY|
01-02-2012, 07:26 PM
Why would Siver do that? It's not like he lost because Cerrone outmuscled him. He just got worked by a better fighter.

Ludo
01-02-2012, 07:50 PM
Why would Siver do that? It's not like he lost because Cerrone outmuscled him. He just got worked by a better fighter.

It all started with a "tell" Siver had striking. They saw he likes to drop his right hand when he attacks and Cerrone was able to time that headkick just right. If they fought again I think it would have lasted longer with the same result in the end. I think Siver is looking to finally be on par with the average size of the fighters in his weight class though. being 5'5 with no real grappling credentials doesn't help in a division packed full of wrestler hybrids.

SPX
01-02-2012, 08:52 PM
I think he's more like 5'6" or 5'7".

Luke
01-02-2012, 09:01 PM
"DeathClutch Gym will stay alive, according to Lesnar manager, Brian Stegeman. Lesnar wishes to continue training to remain athletically fit and helping his training partners grow as fighters. However, he himself has retired from competing in Mixed Martial Arts.

Grappling Tournaments, however, are still something Brock Lesnar has shown interested in according to Mr. Stegeman. Lesnar has been grappling his entire life. One can only assume that a grappling tournament would feel more like home for him than a mixed martial arts fight.

Lesnar feels he would be successful in such tournaments and will use his time in training now as preparation for any future Submission Wrestling/BJJ tournament. Though Lesnar has always trained no-gi Jiu-Jitsu, he is willing to compete in the Mundials (World Jiu-Jitsu Championship) under the black belt level.

The 2013 ADCC Submission Wrestling World Championships is also something Lesnar is considering. Many other wrestlers have had success in this tournament.

Brock Lesnar loves competition, and there is no better competition for him than Submission Wrestling."

just read Lesnar's manager said Brock has no intention of competing in BJJ events so who knows?

zY|
01-02-2012, 09:48 PM
Oh man, check out the trail of tears from BE commenters about Houston kicking his kid's ass.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/1/2/2677300/houston-alexander-cited-for-alleged-child-abuse-mma-news#comments

MMA_scientist
01-03-2012, 09:38 AM
just read Lesnar's manager said Brock has no intention of competing in BJJ events so who knows?

He can't compete in Mundials under the IBJJF rules. I would like to see him in ADCC though. I think he would do pretty well. I don't know how well his guard passing is, but he would be a handful for any HW.

poopoo333
01-03-2012, 10:15 AM
He can't compete in Mundials under the IBJJF rules. I would like to see him in ADCC though. I think he would do pretty well. I don't know how well his guard passing is, but he would be a handful for any HW.

Never not post on IWS for a span of 3 days again. I want to see your post UFC 141 thoughts

MMA_scientist
01-03-2012, 10:27 AM
Never not post on IWS for a span of 3 days again. I want to see your post UFC 141 thoughts

I basically post on here when I am at work. I haven't been at work, so haven't posted.

Mr. IWS
01-03-2012, 11:58 AM

So by this, as long as nobody is punching Brocky, he is up for any thing?

Ludo
01-03-2012, 01:38 PM

Why can't he compete at mundials? Is it a weight thing or something else?

Ludo
01-03-2012, 01:39 PM
So by this, as long as nobody is punching Brocky, he is up for any thing?

Affirmative, ghost rider.

MMA_scientist
01-03-2012, 01:43 PM
Why can't he compete at mundials? Is it a weight thing or something else?

under the IBJJF rules he has to actually be a blackbelt in bjj and have a 2nd degree blackbelt sign off on his experience. If Comprido gives him a black belt, he could compete. But I understand that he is a purple belt. Some instructors require you to have overall skill and knowledge of all positions, but not everyone sees it the same way- to some people, if you can beat a bb, then you are a bb.

SPX
01-03-2012, 01:56 PM
. . . but not everyone sees it the same way- to some people, if you can beat a bb, then you are a bb.

What's YOUR position?

MMA_scientist
01-03-2012, 01:59 PM
What's YOUR position?

I think you should display the knowledge of all positions and be able to execute from all positions. That way, when Brock is 50 years old and he has to grapple with a HW wrestler and can't get on top, he will not get totally dominated and embarass his blackbelt.

SPX
01-03-2012, 02:11 PM
It seems strange to me that anyone would feel differently. I mean, Shogun didn't instantly become a karate black belt because he knocked out Machida. It just makes him a good muay Thai guy.

MMA_scientist
01-03-2012, 02:21 PM
Right, but some people feel differently. I mean, Rolles gave Rashad a blackbelt. I am sure he has a good working knowledge of all positions... but I would be pretty shocked if he had the guard of a black belt. So when he is too weak to get on top all of the time, is he no longer a blackbelt? How does he teach the guard submissions and sweeps? Who knows what he does in the gym, but I would be surprised if he had a well rounded game.

SPX
01-03-2012, 02:43 PM
Well this brings up the question of whether being a black belt is more about knowledge or more about ability. I think you could have a working knowledge of something and be able to teach it without necessarily being very good in competition. My judo instructor back in the day used to say that some judoka are just never going to be good at competition, but he didn't feel that meant they shouldn't be promoted.

MMA_scientist
01-03-2012, 03:28 PM
It is a combination of both things in bjj. A bjj blackbelt definitely has to be able to roll. The only real exceptions are for old people, in which case you sort of ask yourself how they would deal with another old man. At some point, your physical attributes fail you and even a ton of knowledge is not going to make you competitive. We have a bb at my gym who is 60. I saw him go from purple to black, when I got there as a 30 year old white belt, he could tap me out despite weighing 130 pounds and being 57 years old. These days, he can't really roll with me if I went full speed, but he can keep in step with me if we just flow roll. He still taps out white belts of all shapes and sizes though.

In bjj, you really don't get to black belt without being able whup a minimum amount of ass. BUt there are blackbelts with red panels (which signifies a teaching bb) as opposed to the traditional black panel (a fighting bb).

SPX
01-03-2012, 03:42 PM
Teaching BB and Fighting BB. . . That's interesting. . .

So is it possible to become a black belt in BJJ without ever going to a competition? Because I know that in most martial arts competition is optional. It's not required to advance up the ranks.

Luke
01-03-2012, 03:57 PM

So is it possible to become a black belt in BJJ without ever going to a competition?

Ask Randy Couture .He got his bb for submitting a boxer.

MMA_scientist
01-03-2012, 04:31 PM

So is it possible to become a black belt in BJJ without ever going to a competition? Because I know that in most martial arts competition is optional. It's not required to advance up the ranks.

yeah, you don't have to compete. Danaher never competed once (one of GSP's bjj coaches), but I hear that he submits everyone including world champs. Some guys compete, some don't. Most schools have competition teams. If you are on the comp team, a little more rolling proficiency is expected. Some schools have comp team patches on the gi to delineate the "fighters" (they call competitors fighters) from the guys just training for fun.

MMA_scientist
01-03-2012, 04:33 PM
Ask Randy Couture .He got his bb for submitting a boxer.

Not in bjj.

SPX
01-03-2012, 04:38 PM
That wasn't his BJJ black belt he was given in the middle of cage?

poopoo333
01-03-2012, 04:39 PM
That wasn't his BJJ black belt he was given in the middle of cage?

No, it was in Neil Melanson's grappling system or whatever. Not BJJ

Mr. IWS
01-03-2012, 04:40 PM
I think it was his black belt in UFC

poopoo333
01-03-2012, 04:43 PM
I wanna roll with James Toney and see if I could tap him out in less than 5 minutes.

SPX
01-03-2012, 04:43 PM
No, it was in Neil Melanson's grappling system or whatever. Not BJJ

What the fuck is that?

MMA_scientist
01-03-2012, 04:46 PM
Something like Greg Jackson's Gaido JuJutsu. Just a guy coming up with his own system...

poopoo333
01-03-2012, 04:47 PM
Chael Sonnen, I just had surgery but I can still give you your present in the octagon with just one arm. All you have to do is accept

-Lyoto Machida

MMA_scientist
01-03-2012, 05:23 PM
I am thinking about dumping some money into a non-law related small business start up. Any ideas? Just want a better ROI than the market.

poopoo333
01-03-2012, 05:27 PM
A restaurant.

Mr. IWS
01-03-2012, 05:32 PM
A small web forum dedicated to sports talk and gambling.

edman5555
01-03-2012, 06:26 PM
Start one of those massage parlors with the happy endings and name the massage parlor "Happy Endings"

zY|
01-03-2012, 08:30 PM
John Danaher's hair has got it going on.

http://10tonfunk.com/frog/wp-content/uploads/10ton-danaher.jpg

edman5555
01-03-2012, 08:46 PM
Yeah someone needs to be honest with him about that hair.

Luke
01-03-2012, 08:53 PM
A small web forum dedicated to sports talk and gambling.

::lmao::

Luke
01-03-2012, 08:55 PM
A restaurant.

Not really a good idea. The failure rate of start-up resturants is something like 60-70%.

poopoo333
01-03-2012, 08:56 PM
Not really a good idea. The failure rate of start-up resturants is something like 60-70%.

I meant a strip club.

Luke
01-03-2012, 08:59 PM
I meant a strip club.

Oh. Then ::thumbup::

edman5555
01-03-2012, 09:11 PM
How about a chain restaurant/fast food place. I don't typically support fast food because I think its the devil but it might be easier than other businesses. If you go in with other people you could cut down on the costs.

MMA_scientist
01-03-2012, 09:53 PM
Not interested in a franchise. You get brand recognition, but you also get limited growth.

Food is out. I want nothing to do with the food industry.

Vandelay
01-03-2012, 10:04 PM
Not interested in a franchise. You get brand recognition, but you also get limited growth.

Food is out. I want nothing to do with the food industry.

What about a sock manufacturing company that exclusively designs "cool" socks. Main intent would be to keep your feet cool at night while one is sleeping.

Ludo
01-03-2012, 11:04 PM
What about a sock manufacturing company that exclusively designs "cool" socks. Main intent would be to keep your feet cool at night while one is sleeping.

Literally the worst piece of business logic I've ever heard. Feet do not matter.

No but seriously thats a terrible idea. Why put something on your feet with the intention of keeping them cool while you sleep?

Svino
01-03-2012, 11:15 PM
I'd like to invest in a company that will actually make a proper 8.5" x 11" digital document reader. Tons of shit (including all academic journals) is available in .pdf format. And .pdf documents look like tiny crap on current e-readers and tablets.

edman5555
01-03-2012, 11:32 PM
How about a company that makes jump to conclusions mats...it has a bunch of conclusions on it. When you step on the mat, its like your jumping to a conclusion.

edman5555
01-03-2012, 11:33 PM
I have a good one actually. A liquor store.

Ludo
01-03-2012, 11:35 PM
How about a company that makes jump to conclusions mats...it has a bunch of conclusions on it. When you step on the mat, its like your jumping to a conclusion.

Thats what I'm talking about. Now let Me show you My "O face"

Ludo
01-03-2012, 11:36 PM
What about a gas station?

poopoo333
01-03-2012, 11:39 PM
Open up a "Fat Scientist Sex Shop"

SPX
01-03-2012, 11:41 PM
How about a chain restaurant/fast food place. I don't typically support fast food because I think its the devil. . .

The devil tastes good.

I ate at both BK and Wendy's today. Satisfying both times.

SPX
01-03-2012, 11:46 PM
Literally the worst piece of business logic I've ever heard. Feet do not matter.

No but seriously thats a terrible idea. Why put something on your feet with the intention of keeping them cool while you sleep?

Double-BOL

edman5555
01-03-2012, 11:46 PM
Open up a "Fat Scientist Sex Shop"

hahaha

edman5555
01-03-2012, 11:47 PM
How about a Fat Scientist T shirt company. You make T shirts for actual Fat Scientists.

Vandelay
01-03-2012, 11:52 PM

jeez ludo. Way to kill my idea.

I'd buy a pair so that I wouldn't sweat my ass off over the summer.

SPX
01-03-2012, 11:58 PM
Why not just go barefoot?

edman5555
01-04-2012, 12:18 AM
I have a question. Has anyone here ever paid taxes on their winnings? Anyone ever hear of someone getting caught for not paying?

Svino
01-04-2012, 12:26 AM
How about a Fat Scientist T shirt company. You make T shirts for actual Fat Scientists.

Random fact: There is essentially no such thing as an overweight physicist. I have no idea why this is the case.

Working in a field (optical physics) where some people come from a physics background and others come from an electrical engineering background, I can often tell who came from which field based solely on girth.

Vandelay
01-04-2012, 12:40 AM
Why not just go barefoot?

It's still too hot. My body goes as my feet go. If my feet are too cold, it doesn't matter how warm the rest of my body is and vice versa.

Vandelay
01-04-2012, 12:41 AM
I have a question. Has anyone here ever paid taxes on their winnings? Anyone ever hear of someone getting caught for not paying?

hahahaha. and admit to the government that we gamble?

MMA_scientist
01-04-2012, 09:11 AM
Never paid taxes on my winnings, not planning on it.

My physics prof was thin, so I think your hypothesis holds water. Do a study on it.

Fuck you guys, thanks for your "help". I am especially thankful for the socks that make your feet cold idea.

MMA_scientist
01-04-2012, 02:17 PM
I have a good one actually. A liquor store.

One of my buddies actually made a fortune on liquor stores. It is a cash business too. He has also been shot at twice and had about 5 attempts to rob him (since he is a 270# bjj and judo bb, no one has actually been successful yet).

But I don't drink alcohol, and my family is full of alcoholics, so I don't think it is a good fit.

Svino
01-04-2012, 02:25 PM

I did not last year, more out of laziness than anything else. I definitely intend to this year, though there are a few different ways to do it, and I am exactly not sure how I will do it yet.

MMA_scientist
01-04-2012, 02:29 PM
^^ curious to know what you mean. I think it is pretty clear that it is miscellaneous income, taxed at the marginal rate.

MMA_scientist
01-04-2012, 02:31 PM
If I could figure out a way to pay a more reasonable rate, I would probably do it. Maybe if I keep it in my account for over a year, I can claim it is long term capital gains...

Svino
01-04-2012, 02:41 PM
^^ curious to know what you mean. I think it is pretty clear that it is miscellaneous income, taxed at the marginal rate.

The question is how to deduct losses (if at all).

edit: As I understand it, you need to pay taxes separately on each "gambling session". So there is also the question of what constitutes a session. I am figuring that all bets placed in a given day can count as a session, but that's just my own uninformed guess.

poopoo333
01-04-2012, 02:41 PM
What's the point of paying taxes on your winnings?

MMA_scientist
01-04-2012, 02:49 PM
The question is how to deduct losses (if at all).

edit: As I understand it, you need to pay taxes separately on each "gambling session". So there is also the question of what constitutes a session. I am figuring that all bets placed in a given day can count as a session, but that's just my own uninformed guess.

I see what you mean. You can't "deduct" your losses, but you can reduce your winnings by your losses for a given session. But even if you are down for teh year, you still owe if you won in a given session. That I do not know.

Poopoo, the point is not going to jail or being monetarily penalized for tax evasion. For svino, it is probably because he is communist.

Svino
01-04-2012, 02:57 PM
I see what you mean. You can't "deduct" your losses, but you can reduce your winnings by your losses for a given session. But even if you are down for teh year, you still owe if you won in a given session.

I believe you can deduct gambling losses (up to the amount of gambling income) but of course: 1) You have to be already itemizing deductions for it to be worth it, and 2) Presumably, you have to provide documentation of said losses and I'm not sure what would be adequate here.

Alternatively, one can file as a "professional gambler" and total income and expenses as a business would, but again I assume there's a lot of documentation required here.

SPX
01-04-2012, 03:28 PM
I am especially thankful for the socks that make your feet cold idea.

Some lurker is probably going to do that now and make a billion dollars. And Vandelay will be happy because his feet are cold.

Svino
01-04-2012, 03:37 PM
It's still too hot. My body goes as my feet go. If my feet are too cold, it doesn't matter how warm the rest of my body is and vice versa.

Really tight socks might restrict the blood circulation enough to make your feet colder. Not sure how much colder.

SPX
01-04-2012, 03:38 PM
That's a distinctly Svino kind of suggestion.

MMA_scientist
01-04-2012, 03:45 PM
I believe you can deduct gambling losses (up to the amount of gambling income) but of course: 1) You have to be already itemizing deductions for it to be worth it, and 2) Presumably, you have to provide documentation of said losses and I'm not sure what would be adequate here.

Alternatively, one can file as a "professional gambler" and total income and expenses as a business would, but again I assume there's a lot of documentation required here.

You're right. I always thought you could not deduct losses from subsequent sessions. I don't see how they could possibly track that, I looked at the IRS guidelines, and a record is all they require. I am pretty sure I can fabricate a record of losing, the same way I fabricate my business mileage log book at the end of the year.

So with that, it seems pretty clear that the total winnings are based on the year. So I don't see any way to claim it other than miscellaneous income (or as you mentioned, business income). The benefit to claiming it as a business is that you can deduct your expenses from operating your business (internet, pay out fees, plane tickets to vegas).

edman5555
01-04-2012, 03:48 PM
Random fact: There is essentially no such thing as an overweight physicist. I have no idea why this is the case.

Working in a field (optical physics) where some people come from a physics background and others come from an electrical engineering background, I can often tell who came from which field based solely on girth.

What did you major in?

edman5555
01-04-2012, 03:50 PM
What is the best way to conceal the income?

MMA_scientist
01-04-2012, 03:54 PM
What is the best way to conceal the income?

cash. If you go to a casino, it is virtually impossible to get caught. I would think it would be nearly impossible to track the WU money too, which is why I don't pay taxes on it.

Mr. IWS
01-04-2012, 04:32 PM
I saw a good movie last night, Margin call

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1615147/

Anyone else see this?

Vandelay
01-04-2012, 04:41 PM
cash. If you go to a casino, it is virtually impossible to get caught. I would think it would be nearly impossible to track the WU money too, which is why I don't pay taxes on it.

Does 5d have a western union withdrawal option? I'd be less worried depositing 300 or so dollars each week instead of one lump sum in a check form.

sbjj
01-04-2012, 04:53 PM
They have me on file @ the M. And they do seem to somewhat track me(closer than they did @ the Venetian). But I keep COPIES of all my winning tickets and keep the actual stubs of all my losing bets. If the IRS does ding me( I seriously doubt it), I will have all my losing tickets, and they better hope they have ALL my winning tickets. Because the only tickets I will provide them are the losers.

MMA_scientist
01-04-2012, 05:04 PM
Does 5d have a western union withdrawal option? I'd be less worried depositing 300 or so dollars each week instead of one lump sum in a check form.

Yes, as long as you have deposited with WU, they'll let you WD with WU

Vandelay
01-04-2012, 05:19 PM
hmmmm. I deposited via cc. So i'll just ask them next time i withdraw.

SPX
01-04-2012, 05:20 PM

Anyone else see this?

Heard of it, but haven't seen it. But I have been looking for some new movies to watch, so I'll check it out and get back to you.

SPX
01-04-2012, 05:21 PM
I made like $160 in 2010 and $250 in 2011. And I've never made a withdrawal in over 2 years. So I'm not worried about taxes, but if I was bringing in thousands a year then I would look into it.

MMA_scientist
01-04-2012, 05:32 PM

Anyone else see this?

I saw it a few weeks ago. I enjoyed it quite a bit, one of the better movies I have seen in the last year.

Svino
01-04-2012, 07:19 PM
What did you major in?

Engineering physics and optics.

They have me on file @ the M. And they do seem to somewhat track me(closer than they did @ the Venetian). But I keep COPIES of all my winning tickets and keep the actual stubs of all my losing bets. If the IRS does ding me( I seriously doubt it), I will have all my losing tickets, and they better hope they have ALL my winning tickets. Because the only tickets I will provide them are the losers.

That's interesting; I always thought major Vegas sportsbooks did some kind of reporting / withholding thing for NV and the IRS, at least for large bets.

Luke
01-04-2012, 08:23 PM

All the IRS would have to do is call WU. They have on file every time you've sent money overseas.

MMA_scientist
01-04-2012, 10:19 PM
If you have ever deposited money via WU, you don't send it to the book. You just send to some random name they give you. Maybe I am underestimating the depth of an audit, but it would take some pretty serious detective work to piece it all together IMO. Maybe the IRS checks every possible source of everything... I don't know.

SPX
01-05-2012, 01:26 AM
18 Year Old Girl Kills Intruder

http://gma.yahoo.com/video/news-26797925/oklahoma-mother-18-kills-intruder-breaking-into-her-home-while-on-phone-with-911-27777235.html

poopoo333
01-05-2012, 02:16 AM
Report: Miesha Tate vs. Ronda Rousey Set For Strikeforce's March Event (http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/1/4/2683673/ronda-rousey-vs-miesha-tate-strikeforce-columbus-ohio-womens-mma)

poopoo333
01-05-2012, 02:17 AM
Watched girl with the dragon tattoo tonight..was good

SPX
01-05-2012, 02:25 AM
Report: Miesha Tate vs. Ronda Rousey Set For Strikeforce's March Event (http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/1/4/2683673/ronda-rousey-vs-miesha-tate-strikeforce-columbus-ohio-womens-mma)

That's a bomb fucking fight right there.

SPX
01-05-2012, 02:26 AM

I saw it. Thought it was good.

Damn, that rape scene is brutal.

Mr. IWS
01-05-2012, 08:22 AM

I been trying to find that shit to download, but havent been able to find it.

Mr. IWS
01-05-2012, 11:56 AM
Lulz

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nhl/story/_/id/7426297/video-shows-philadelphia-flyers-fans-attacking-new-york-rangers-fans

vid here

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/video?id=8490089

I love this town.

Vandelay
01-05-2012, 12:40 PM

http://i.imgur.com/B0rBM.gif

Ludo
01-05-2012, 01:44 PM
I saw it. Thought it was good.

Damn, that rape scene is brutal.

I doubt it has the same impact as the one in Irreversible. That shit was like five minutes long and about as real looking as it gets.

Ludo
01-05-2012, 01:51 PM
http://i.imgur.com/B0rBM.gif

http://www.gifsforum.com/images/image/not%20funny/grand/59739676.jpg

poopoo333
01-05-2012, 08:31 PM
http://a.yfrog.com/img876/6246/35195437.jpg

@nickdiaz209 Look how much bigger you are in this pic..I thought you were gonna scrap from the beginning homie? What was that coward fence holding strategy to tire out the smaller man? Street fighter my ass! I made you fight like glass jaw @jonfitchdotnet poser! I'll be ready for that weak bs next time we fight!

-BJ Penn

"Pedro Carrasco - and there is a reason why he posted it, He is fired up because now that the holidays are over and a lot of his post-fight distractions are behind him he has nothing to do but think about things and he is not happy with the way he performed in his last several fights.
I am not here to make excuses for him, but I am pretty sure people, at least with some sense of intelligence, can identify that the BJ that fought Edgar, Fitch and Diaz was not the same Penn that fought the Diego's and Florians of the world
Things changed, but as it sits right now, he is back. That killer mentality and fire is back and it's been brewing for a while now and today's tweet is a result of it just boiling over!
Expect more from Penn to come for sure! "

edman5555
01-05-2012, 08:42 PM
You know Bjj should just try getting in ridiculous shape I know it's hard but it must be better than getting beat up.

zY|
01-05-2012, 08:50 PM
dumb

SPX
01-05-2012, 11:08 PM
Is BJ trolling or being for real?

Vandelay
01-05-2012, 11:32 PM
good to see nick owns his brother even when they dont go 100 percent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsCs81Krj0M&feature=player_embedded#

MMA_scientist
01-06-2012, 09:07 AM
^ They're just flowing. A while back, Nick actually said Nate is better than him on the ground. He may have been just trying to support hism brother though

Mr. IWS
01-06-2012, 11:26 AM
http://a.yfrog.com/img876/6246/35195437.jpg

@nickdiaz209 Look how much bigger you are in this pic..I thought you were gonna scrap from the beginning homie? What was that coward fence holding strategy to tire out the smaller man? Street fighter my ass! I made you fight like glass jaw @jonfitchdotnet poser! I'll be ready for that weak bs next time we fight!

-BJ Penn

"Pedro Carrasco - and there is a reason why he posted it, He is fired up because now that the holidays are over and a lot of his post-fight distractions are behind him he has nothing to do but think about things and he is not happy with the way he performed in his last several fights.
I am not here to make excuses for him, but I am pretty sure people, at least with some sense of intelligence, can identify that the BJ that fought Edgar, Fitch and Diaz was not the same Penn that fought the Diego's and Florians of the world
Things changed, but as it sits right now, he is back. That killer mentality and fire is back and it's been brewing for a while now and today's tweet is a result of it just boiling over!
Expect more from Penn to come for sure! "

I feel like one of those alien conspiricy guys. I wanna believe!!!

MMA_scientist
01-06-2012, 11:52 AM
"Motivated BJ" is about to show himself. Notice.

SPX
01-06-2012, 12:08 PM
If he's smart, he'll show himself at LW.

MMA_scientist
01-06-2012, 12:09 PM
SPX, a thread for you to shine: http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f12/mma-fighters-grappling-skill-ability-women-1956601/

Warning, they jack off to Rousey over there, so if you say anything bad about her, expect the judo guys to jump down your throat.

SPX
01-06-2012, 12:20 PM
I'll throw something out even though I don't have the technical grappling acumen to give the answer he's probably looking for.

sbjj
01-06-2012, 01:10 PM
http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/futuresport/201201/ipitch-apple-prepares-bid-epl-tv-rights

Check this out Scientist. Interesting read on what Apples future plans could be.

I am at the moment a little happier with the stock market.

Svino
01-06-2012, 01:20 PM
Screw the apple-TV. I'd want a surfthechannel-TV, or a vipbox-TV.

Luke
01-06-2012, 01:32 PM
Rousey won a bronze medal not silver

MMA_scientist
01-06-2012, 01:35 PM
http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/futuresport/201201/ipitch-apple-prepares-bid-epl-tv-rights

Check this out Scientist. Interesting read on what Apples future plans could be.

I am at the moment a little happier with the stock market.

Well i do believe that satellite and cable are going down and that internet TV is going to take over. So, I guess I like their move. I don't even watch TV anymore except to sleep sometimes. I am actually planning on getting rid of my big TV, and just keeping one for the kids to watch occasionally.

As for the market. I beat the market 10 of the last 12 months, but I bombed so hard in October that I probably won't recover unless there is a prolonged bull in 2012. I think we are finally recovered from the ridiculous run from 1995-2000. I think we will see a couple years of decent growth, maybe 10-15%. I am never going to get out of the market entirely, I am just comtemplating getting out of individual stocks, just going to index funds and a few flyers here and there.

SPX
01-06-2012, 01:36 PM
Rousey won a bronze medal not silver

Oh yeah, good catch.

sbjj
01-06-2012, 01:40 PM
Well i do believe that satellite and cable are going down and that internet TV is going to take over. So, I guess I like their move. I don't even watch TV anymore except to sleep sometimes. I am actually planning on getting rid of my big TV, and just keeping one for the kids to watch occasionally.

As for the market. I beat the market 10 of the last 12 months, but I bombed so hard in October that I probably won't recover unless there is a prolonged bull in 2012. I think we are finally recovered from the ridiculous run from 1995-2000. I think we will see a couple years of decent growth, maybe 10-15%. I am never going to get out of the market entirely, I am just comtemplating getting out of individual stocks, just going to index funds and a few flyers here and there.

I think this year is going to be a very good year. And I am sort of with you in that I would hate to not participate in it by having the wrong couple of stocks. I am going to stick with Apple, but transition into more funds.

Latin America and Asia were slammed last year. Maybe a small amount in an Emerging Market fund might also do alright.

MMA_scientist
01-06-2012, 01:42 PM
One of my buddies is a CFP and he said he is putting his higher risk guys in a lot of emerging market funds right now. I always ask him for free tips, which he rarely gives me, but he just goes "emerging markets" and then blows me off.

sbjj
01-06-2012, 01:51 PM
One of my buddies is a CFP and he said he is putting his higher risk guys in a lot of emerging market funds right now. I always ask him for free tips, which he rarely gives me, but he just goes "emerging markets" and then blows me off.

It stand to reason that if American markets get a return of 12 to 15 percent that the emerging markets can double that.

I have half my wifes retirement in International funds and over the last 5 years her account has been like a rollercoaster.

MMA_scientist
01-06-2012, 02:03 PM
I am not going to get nervous until the S&P gets back to 1500. It has been there twice before, at some point it has to break through 1500... I am guessing it will be soon. That is 17% from now though, so I will worry about it then.

Mr. IWS
01-06-2012, 03:15 PM
Problem?

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshhI1Lpi39GLH2JFmXw

MMA_scientist
01-06-2012, 03:27 PM
Problem?

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshhI1Lpi39GLH2JFmXw

Ban

sbjj
01-06-2012, 03:32 PM
So Jim Cramer was telling everyone to stay away from Apple @ 370 and now wants everyone to buy @ 420. This guy is scum, just a talking head for the hedge funds.

MMA_scientist
01-06-2012, 03:36 PM
Cramer is a hack.

Luke
01-06-2012, 06:22 PM
Cyborg tested positive for roids

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll36/Bigsteve87/Gifs/tumblr_lbj668mzhy1qat7rw.gif

zY|
01-06-2012, 07:38 PM
Shocking

MMA_scientist
01-06-2012, 07:40 PM
Yeah, I never ever would have imagined that Cyborg's manly physique was not 100% natural.

I will be equally shocked to find out that Overeem is on PEDs

SPX
01-06-2012, 08:55 PM
For the full story:

The California State Athletic Commission (CSAC) has suspended the license of Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) fighter Cristiane Justino Santos, better known in MMA circles as Cris Cyborg, and has fined her $2,500 as the result of a positive test for a banned substance.

Santos’ December 16, 2011 drug test came back positive for stanozolol metabolites. CSAC learned of the test results December 23, 2011 and suspended Santos’s license, with the suspension applied retroactively to December 16, 2011. In accordance with Rule 368, the result of her last fight between Hiroko Yamanaka will be changed to a “No Decision”.

“Our primary concern is for the health and safety of fighters,” said CSAC Executive Officer George Dodd. “Anabolic agents and other banned substances put not only the users of those agents at risk, but their opponents as well. The commission simply will not tolerate their use."

The use of certain substances, including anabolic steroids, is prohibited under the Commission’s regulations, and CSAC has among the toughest drug testing standards of any Athletic Commission in the country. It is the only commission that requires urine samples to be taken in the presence of a commission representative prior to a bout.

Santos’s provision of a urine sample was observed by a CSAC representative and the sample was sent to the World Anti-doping Agency test facility at the University of California, Los Angeles. Santos has the right to appeal the suspension of her license.

edman5555
01-06-2012, 09:38 PM
Shes got a dick. I seen it.

Luke
01-06-2012, 09:44 PM
Gross Edmann

Svino
01-06-2012, 10:27 PM
That doesn't say how long the suspension is. One year?

Vandelay
01-06-2012, 10:30 PM
Not like Dana is gonna give her another shot anyway.

SPX
01-06-2012, 10:43 PM
You never know. I think a lot of people are curious about seeing her fight. Her domination is impressive. She's basically a female Wanderlei.

MMA_scientist
01-06-2012, 11:15 PM
She's basically a female

Yeah, basically.

SPX
01-06-2012, 11:52 PM
BTW, when are you going to make the post about the TKD grappling book?

edman5555
01-07-2012, 09:27 AM
So does iws have a plan to start a 2012 tracker?

poopoo333
01-07-2012, 11:08 AM
Rodrigo Minotauro revealed on Saturday in his weekly column in the Rio newspaper Extra, Antonio Silva is close to his debut in the UFC. The debut gonna be April at an event to confirm. The opponent would be none other than Cain Velasquez, former heavyweight champion and just lost his belt to Junior Dos Santos (http://www.amazon.com/s?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=junior%20dos%20santos) in November.

Mr. IWS
01-07-2012, 11:22 AM
^^^^^^^^Nice

I like Cain in that one.

poopoo333
01-07-2012, 11:27 AM
I don't see why anybody would like Bigfoot in that fight

edman5555
01-07-2012, 12:49 PM
awesome

Luke
01-08-2012, 11:58 AM
Fedor Emelianenko possible as Strikeforce's 'plus-one' heavyweight for new champ (http://mmajunkie.com/news/26876/fedor-emelianenko-possible-as-strikeforces-plus-one-heavyweight-for-new-champ.mma)
http://mmajunkie.com/news/26876/fedor-emelianenko-possible-as-strikeforces-plus-one-heavyweight-for-new-champ.mma?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Mr. IWS
01-08-2012, 12:03 PM
^^^^^^LOL

What the fuck is this, the BCS? Ill be on whoever he is fighting next.

SPX
01-08-2012, 03:03 PM
I wish they would just sign him to a UFC contract like a normal person so that we can finally see Fedor--even an on-hard-times Fedor--in the UFC. He may sink or swim, but if he has "expressed interest in it" then he should be given his opportunity.

Luke
01-08-2012, 03:33 PM
If the UFC paid Fedor what he was worth they would have had him a long time ago.

Svino
01-08-2012, 03:43 PM
Nice KO here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xifRxN3ZMB4&feature=spotlight

edman5555
01-08-2012, 03:49 PM
If the UFC paid Fedor what he was worth they would have had him a long time ago.

Now he has to settle for some shit deal. He is still good too. Lame. I wish he would start taking TRT + HGH and train with a good American camp. That would be cool.

SPX
01-08-2012, 04:19 PM
Nice KO here:

That was pretty cool.

I'm still waiting for a spin kick KO in the UFC.

SPX
01-08-2012, 04:30 PM

And co-promote, right? C'mon. . .

Luke
01-08-2012, 05:05 PM
And co-promote, right? C'mon. . .

Why not? Boxing does it all the time .

Svino
01-08-2012, 05:07 PM
Why not? Boxing does it all the time .

The Dana requires 100% control of everyone at all times.

SPX
01-08-2012, 05:08 PM
The UFC is the biggest organization in the world; M-1 is some little Russian bullshit.

Why would the UFC co-promote with them? Just to get one fighter? Fedor's cool and all, but shit.

SPX
01-08-2012, 05:09 PM
When there were still styles in the UFC. . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01-8UxhvODI

Luke
01-08-2012, 05:10 PM
The Dana requires 100% control of everyone at all times.

He's also a moron. The UFC has lost tens of millions by not bringing Fedor to the UFC .

Svino
01-08-2012, 05:11 PM
When there were still styles in the UFC. . .

I would absolutely love to see the first round of fights of UFC 2.

SPX
01-08-2012, 05:14 PM
He's also a moron. The UFC has lost tens of millions by not bringing Fedor to the UFC .

How? Fedor never proved to be a huge draw. If he was, Affliction would still be around today.

How many organizations has Fedor killed now? Kimbo ain't got shit on him when it comes to driving organizations into bankruptcy.

SPX
01-08-2012, 05:16 PM

Yeah, it seems like that shit would've been on the home video release.

Luke
01-08-2012, 05:17 PM
You can't be serious . . . . . . . . . .

Svino
01-08-2012, 05:18 PM
How? Fedor never proved to be a huge draw. If he was, Affliction would still be around today.

How many organizations has Fedor killed now? Kimbo ain't got shit on him when it comes to driving organizations into bankruptcy.

I think Fedor could have been a pretty big draw if he had UFC's marketing behind him.

SPX
01-08-2012, 05:19 PM
You can't be serious . . . . . . . . . .

Half serious.

SPX
01-08-2012, 05:20 PM
I think Fedor could have been a pretty big draw if he had UFC's marketing behind him.

If he had come in and won fights.

It's possible he would've come in and fizzled out like he did in SF.

Luke
01-08-2012, 05:21 PM
Fedor vs Lesnar would have broke every PPV record in history. Not to mention had Fedor won the fight.

Dana knows the UFC would have made a ton why do you think he tried so hard to sign him? If you can't see that then. . . . . .

Ludo
01-08-2012, 05:21 PM
That was pretty cool.

I'm still waiting for a spin kick KO in the UFC.

Anthony Njokuani robbed us of what would have been one.

http://h13.abload.de/img/barboza1dgm.gif

Svino
01-08-2012, 05:22 PM
If he had come in and won fights.

It's possible he would've come in and fizzled out like he did in SF.

Yeah, it depends on when we're talking about bringing him in, too.

SPX
01-08-2012, 05:28 PM
Fedor vs Lesnar would have broke every PPV record in history.

I'm just not sure that would've been the case. I just don't think casuals know who he is.

Couture probably has a lot more stock with casual fans than Fedor.

Luke
01-08-2012, 05:29 PM
I quit............new subject

Ludo
01-08-2012, 05:33 PM
Fedor vs Lesnar would have broke every PPV record in history. Not to mention had Fedor won the fight.

Dana knows the UFC would have made a ton why do you think he tried so hard to sign him? If you can't see that then. . . . . .

The problem is now M-1 has lost it's leverage to even ask for co-promotion. Now the UFC has the best heavyweight in the world, not M-1. I doubt Fedor ever see's the inside of the octagon at this point. Dana and the Fertittas wouldn't even bother negotiating with M-1 now since Fedor's stock has dropped.

Make no mistake here, this was never about "paying Fedor what he was worth". It was always and forever about cutting M-1 in and giving Fedor the freedom to compete in Sambo. Eventually the Sambo thing got agreed to but Zuffa was never going to co-promote. There's plenty of blame to be had on both sides of this issue, it isn't wholly on Dana or Zuffa or M-1, this was a collective fuck up from the start.

SPX
01-08-2012, 05:39 PM
I quit............new subject

http://cdn.fd.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/14-icesdeuc-600x360.jpg

poopoo333
01-08-2012, 06:14 PM
I'm starting the new year off getting pwned by the NFL.

Svino
01-08-2012, 06:18 PM
I'm starting the new year off getting pwned by the NFL.

It looks like I'm going to, too. Fucking Tebow, I can't believe this.

Ludo
01-08-2012, 06:18 PM
Ya'll bet Steelers in that game?

Luke
01-08-2012, 06:40 PM
I'm done with football but I am watching it (and loving it )

Svino
01-08-2012, 07:01 PM
Ya'll bet Steelers in that game?

Yeah, I bet them at -315.

Svino
01-08-2012, 08:10 PM
Goddamn, I do not believe the outcome of that game. I am going to refuse to learn my lesson on this. I will be betting heavily against Tebow until I get my money back or go broke.

Ludo
01-08-2012, 08:11 PM
Sorry, guys.

zY|
01-08-2012, 08:24 PM
TEEEEEEEEEEEBOWWWWWWWWW MOTHERFUCKERS

Luke
01-08-2012, 08:58 PM
Nice hat Big Ben

SPX
01-09-2012, 04:38 AM
Too bad Kathy Long couldn't be in her prime today and fight Cyborg. . .

http://www.viddler.com/explore/kathylongmma/videos/1/

zY|
01-09-2012, 09:17 AM

I'm pretty sure I have them.

Mr. IWS
01-09-2012, 12:02 PM
Im playing in a playoff fantasy football league. Once a team loses, you lose those guys on your team. We lol'd at the guy who took Tebow, and he has the WR that scored at the end too.

jakesonus?

I had Issac Redman, Heath Miller, and James Farrior. Thank goodness I chose Eli over Ben, I seriously considered taking Ben or else that would have been 150 wasted.

sbjj
01-09-2012, 12:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJ5M6qViacQ

Funny Shit!

poopoo333
01-09-2012, 02:34 PM
I keep getting emails/warnings/whatever for torrenting stuff. How do I avoid this?

Ludo
01-09-2012, 02:50 PM
I keep getting emails/warnings/whatever for torrenting stuff. How do I avoid this?

Don't download torrents...

poopoo333
01-09-2012, 02:52 PM
Don't download torrents...

I was looking for a program or something that was good for blocking others..something like peerblock (the best one there is).

How else would I download something?

SPX
01-09-2012, 02:55 PM

Really? I've never gotten one.

Ludo
01-09-2012, 03:10 PM
I was looking for a program or something that was good for blocking others..something like peerblock (the best one there is).

How else would I download something?

Filehosting sites like Fileserve, filesonic, megauploads, etc etc etc. Fileserve is the best deal I've found. You can get unlimited downloads at $9.99 a month, $19.99 for 75 days and the speeds are great. I routinely get +1MBps with fileserve. All you need is to join a warez forum like warez-bb.org where people post the links to shit using these file hosting sites. Movies, music, programs, applications, games, anything really.

The good part about this is that it isn't peer to peer. The only people with access to your IP is the filehosting site(usually based outside the US so you can get burned for downloading the shit). They can't be threatened or bullied into giving up your IP so it's essentially a small price for safety in things.

That site Svino posted a few weeks back has Me thinking people are going to start getting brought up on charges soon with torrents.

SPX
01-09-2012, 03:22 PM
Hey Ludo. . . Tez getting owned again. . .

Starts here:

http://www.martialtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?100513-What-age-do-you-stop-sparring&p=1451977#post1451977

SPX
01-09-2012, 03:54 PM
An interesting perspective. . .

Could Santos' failed test actually save Strikeforce's women's 145-pound division? (http://mmajunkie.com/news/26875/could-santos-failed-test-actually-save-strikeforces-womens-145-pound-division.mma)

sbjj
01-09-2012, 03:58 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GI6CfKcMhjY&feature=relmfu

Ludo
01-09-2012, 04:48 PM
Hey Ludo. . . Tez getting owned again. . .

Starts here:

http://www.martialtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?100513-What-age-do-you-stop-sparring&p=1451977#post1451977

Good shit. I'm back in the fray, though.

SPX
01-09-2012, 05:01 PM
Good shit. I'm back in the fray, though.

Ha ha, awesome!

I wonder how long before the mods realize that you only sign in and post to fuck with Tez.

BTW, BOL@Location: IWS.

Ludo
01-09-2012, 05:13 PM
Ha ha, awesome!

I wonder how long before the mods realize that you only sign in and post to fuck with Tez.

BTW, BOL@Location: IWS.

It may take them a while. That place looks fairly busy and I have only posted on MMA related content(which by My count doesn't pop up THAT often). I don't like Tez though, that much I do know.

You like that shit? Rep'n IWS4Lyfe

SPX
01-09-2012, 05:22 PM
It may take them a while. That place looks fairly busy. . .

From what I can tell, Martial Talk is like one of the two main websites for general martial arts discussion, with the other being Martial Arts Planet. It's pretty busy.

I don't like Tez though, that much I do know.

Word. Me either.

You like that shit? Rep'n IWS4Lyfe

4lyfe!

SPX
01-09-2012, 07:37 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJ5M6qViacQ

Funny Shit!

That guys got some pretty good shit. . .

There's always the classic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PsnxDQvQpw

zY|
01-09-2012, 07:59 PM

Find an invite to a private tracker a la mma-tracker, or do what Ludo said.

Ludo
01-09-2012, 10:38 PM
Check that thread with Tez again, X. It'll cheer you up you scallywag.

SPX
01-09-2012, 10:39 PM
LOL, okay let me go look at that.

Luke
01-09-2012, 11:27 PM
Post moved to "Official IWS Traditional Martial Arts Thread"

Please stay on topic in the off topic thread

SPX
01-09-2012, 11:32 PM
Well I actually wanted people to read that. . .

SPX
01-09-2012, 11:42 PM
Watching Tekken again. Some actor dude just kicked Cung Le's ass, BOL.

I think I officially like this movie.